PDA

View Full Version : Upsets???

gospursgojas
04-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Anybody predicting any upsets this playoff season??? I was looking over the current playoff matchups....

And I can see maybe if Indiana drops down to #7 (they are currently tied w/ Cleveland for 6th) they might be able to beat Detroit, that being an upset mostley b/c it would be a 7th defeating a 2nd seed, not so much as a bad team beating a good one.

I can see #6 Houston beating #3 Sonics

And dare I say.....

If the Spurs are not at full health or even @ 85% healthy..... Denver winning????

howbouthemspurs
04-05-2005, 02:49 AM
even with the spurs not healthy the nuggets cant beat them in a 7 game series

kskonn
04-05-2005, 07:38 AM
I think houston could upset in the first round. They should be a strong playoff team and tough to beat in 7 with there style of basketball. it is always a question of , will there offense show up?

Frenchise player
04-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Of the 4 top seeded team in the west, the most likely to fall is Seattle, I could see them fall against Denver, Houston, Sacramento and even Memphis.
The Spurs situation heavily depends on Duncan injury. If he isn't 100%, they are going to struggle against Denver or Houston.
Phoenix is playing too good to be upset in the first round, Memphis isn't that good too.
The Mavs are another team who seems pretty well, with everyone on its roster healthy, but if they face Houston or Denver, they could also be upset.

Jimcs50
04-05-2005, 07:57 AM
Do not know any matchups yet...so hard to tell right now.

The Spurs will be a lock if they play Sacto, other than that, they can easily be beaten by any other team in that 7th spot. Phoenix would only have a problem with Memphis and no other team. Seattle could have problem with Houston or Denver, not Memphis or Sacto. Dallas will beat any team in it's path in 1st round, but could have a dogfight with Houston.

Jimcs50
04-05-2005, 07:59 AM
Who cares about the East?