PDA

View Full Version : MCDyess will not get you past the Mavericks!

mouse
07-08-2009, 05:21 PM
I don't want to bring you Spur fans down from your red bull endued high you have making your MCDyess shrines in your double wides but the facts are you would have to have Kobe Bryant to even think about matching up with the 201o Mavericks! So enjoy your MCDyess high but when reality sets in your ass still has to go trough Dallas! :tu

BlackSwordsMan
07-08-2009, 05:23 PM
you should go practice your pauly package rebuttal before he tears your asshole a new one

DAF86
07-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Just to let you know: Marion sucks when he plays against the Spurs.

Leetonidas
07-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Sorry bro, the Mavs are gonna get their shit pushed in next year.

djohn2oo8
07-08-2009, 05:25 PM
boy, boy, boy.......it must be great living in denial

BUMP
07-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Isn't that what you say every year?

.......b-b-b-b-b-b-but someone was injured har har didnt count

Ditty
07-08-2009, 05:29 PM
7_Z4KjVeWsU

BlackBellamy
07-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Ok, :lol. I really don't think anything is bringing down Spurs fans today. Save Bosh turning blue er sumfin, you guys don't have a prayer.

200 miles
07-08-2009, 05:32 PM
:rolleyes

FAIL

djohn2oo8
07-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Ok, :lol. I really don't think anything is bringing down Spurs fans today.

If anything, it should make em laugh

Ditty
07-08-2009, 05:34 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/25spur.jpghttp://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-06/24/xin_36060224134087998347.jpghttp://www.bobrosato.com/content/photos/92004743-01.jpghttp://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f342/snoopy_bjv/Spurs2007.jpg

djohn2oo8
07-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Mavs would have lost that series had Manu and Duncan been totally healthy

BUMP
07-08-2009, 05:38 PM
whats the excuse gonna be this year?

Amarelooms
07-08-2009, 05:38 PM

lol okay :elephant

Culburn369
07-08-2009, 05:39 PM

That >>>would have<<< nonsense ain't calling out somebody for spelling errors, but, it's close.

ElNono
07-08-2009, 05:39 PM

That this is Gortat's first year as a starter?

Amarelooms
07-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Mavs own the Spurs. Da Spurs are of no concern to Cuban or the Mav's players. Hell the Mavs would sign a contract right now to play the Spurs in the 1st round...Spurs can even have home court :elephant

mouse
07-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Tim Duncan's last year this all makes sense now..

BUMP
07-08-2009, 05:41 PM
drawing the Sours would actually be favorable for us

BlackSwordsMan
07-08-2009, 05:41 PM
1st round 2009 playoff winners faggot

Ditty
07-08-2009, 05:42 PM

josh didn't smoke before the game

barrea wasn't good after all when yall put hill on him

kidd needs to retire

wright fouled ginobili besided duncan

the spurs payed off the refs

dirk needs better players around him

:lol

BUMP
07-08-2009, 05:45 PM
2 head to heads faggot

BlackBellamy
07-08-2009, 05:45 PM
If anything, it should make em laugh
Ya, I assumed that was the point of his thread.

Muser
07-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Dr House thread.

DJB
07-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Dallas is the laughingstock of the National Basketball Association. Other teams fans will begin respecting your opinions when you put a trophy in your empty case you fucking derelicts.

lefty
07-08-2009, 05:52 PM
I don't want to bring you Spur fans down from your red bull endued high you have making your MCDyess shrines in your double wides but the facts are you would have to have Kobe Bryant to even think about matching up with the 201o Mavericks! So enjoy your MCDyess high but when reality sets in your ass still has to go trough Dallas! :tu
Were you just talking on ESPN 1250 ???? :lmao

rayray2k8
07-08-2009, 05:54 PM
:lol
Very nice mouse.
Don't take this to heart spurs fans, Mouse was the one who actually broke the news of McDyess signing with the spurs.
Looks like the mavs are gonna get Marion. Glad the mavs will be able to put up a fight against the revamped spurs.
Thats twice, the spurs owe the mavricks..
Hope to return it to you tenfold. :D

Spurs_210
07-08-2009, 05:55 PM

Mav fans must be all drinking the bong water. Now they think they're an elite team. Move over little doggy and let the big boys play. Lakers/ Spurs wcf should be fun

rayray2k8
07-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks for making me tune into 1250 btw, mouse. :tu

Ditty
mouse is a closet spurs fan i just noticed

lefty
Mouse:

" You will never get past the Mavericks ; click .... "

:lmao

mouse
07-08-2009, 05:57 PM
I fucked up my MLK sound bite I forgot to turn on the speakers! :lmao

Hey why not tweet,or face book the show they are reading all ST posts! :tu

http://www.chrisandjasonshow.com/

Shank
07-08-2009, 06:07 PM
lol mcdyess

lefty
07-08-2009, 06:09 PM
lol mcdyess

LOL Antoine Wright

monosylab1k
07-08-2009, 06:10 PM
How does McDyess plan on getting any playing time with DeJuan freakin Blair dominating?

Shank
07-08-2009, 06:11 PM
LOL Antoine Wright

You sure you want to go there?

There's one name I'm holding back.

I think you know him.

I'll give you a start-

B-O-N...

:nope

rjv
07-08-2009, 06:14 PM
now i remember why i hesitated to join this forum. the dreaded mouse posts...

DMX7
07-08-2009, 06:19 PM
lol mcdyess

lol, 0 Championships.

scottspurs
07-08-2009, 06:20 PM
maverick fans lol hahahahaahahahahaahahahahhahahahahaahahahahaahahah haahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahaahahah ahahaahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Cry Havoc
07-08-2009, 06:22 PM
So McDyess, Blair, and Jefferson won't make a difference against the Mavs?

Fine. A healthy Manu added to those definitely will.

In fact, give us a few months to gel those players (assuming we get Dice), and I'd take the Spurs over the Mavs in 5. So would just about any other fan of basketball worth their salt.

So, bring it Mavs. We're ready, Dice or no Dice.

IronMexican
07-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Dr House thread.

I actually thought he was the OP when I read the thread title.

Amarelooms
07-08-2009, 06:24 PM
So McDyess, Blair, and Jefferson won't make a difference against the Mavs?

Fine. A healthy Manu added to those definitely will.

In fact, give us a few months to gel those players (assuming we get Dice), and I'd take the Spurs over the Mavs in 5. So would just about any other fan of basketball worth their salt.

So, bring it Mavs. We're ready, Dice or no Dice.

lol..the last team the Spurs want to see come playoff time is the Mavs. You homers can't be this dumb. Hell pop would probably admit that he wants no part of the Mavs. Get with it dummy :elephant

La Peace
07-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Its going to be fun to watch the NBA this year.

rayray2k8
07-08-2009, 06:26 PM
:rolleyes @ this thread.

DJB
07-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Quick definitions (mediocrity)
▸ noun: ordinariness as a consequence of being average and not outstanding
▸ noun: a person of second-rate ability or value

Quick definitions (insignificant)
▸ adjective: not worthy of notice
▸ adjective: of little importance or influence or power; of minor status ("A minor, insignificant bureaucrat")
▸ adjective: signifying nothing ("Insignificant sounds")
▸ adjective: not important or noteworthy
▸ adjective: not large enough to consider or notice

:sleep:sleep:sleep

Shank
07-08-2009, 06:28 PM
:rolleyes @ this thread.

No crap. :bking

IronMexican
07-08-2009, 06:29 PM
This is great news for the NBA, and Lakers. It takes the Spurs out of the Odom race. He's pretty much going to have to sign with the Lakers for 8 million now.

Is that Dejuan Blair a real poster? I can't wait to see him sit on the bench for 40 minutes a game.

Shank
07-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Is that Dejuan Blair a real poster? I can't wait to see him sit on the bench for 40 minutes a game.

Uh oh.

BlackBellamy
07-08-2009, 06:35 PM

Shit son! You just insulted the future DPOY.

jack sommerset
07-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Could McDyess be the biggest free agent signing in Spews history? I'm dead serious.

Chucho
07-08-2009, 06:40 PM
It's one thing for a fuckin Lakers' fan to talk down, but who the fuck are Mav fans to talk down, with all zero rings of theirs. The biggest accomplishments of the Dallas franchise are their two play-off victories against us, one by the mere bounce of a ball and the other because of an Argentinian ankle injury. Big fuckin whoop, you beat us...oooo, but what did that get yous? A next round bounce, so fuck off. It's sheer penis envy on yous guys' behalf, get over it, you have an over rated roster and gave J-Kidd a shitty contract and probably will do the same for an unwanted Shawn Marion. No one fears Dallas, people fear the Spurs so much that they've been fearing a banged up, injured unit of old vets for the past two years and now we built a better, far more accomplished squad than what Cuban will field in Dallas, you guys will be fighting for a bottom play-off spot,AGAIN and will probably get bounced. With the acquisition of Dice, San Antonio has basically made the West a two horse race and believe the media will portray it like that. So have fun with a nice but irrelevant season next year, we'll let ya know how it feels to be, ya know, a force.

anakha
07-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Could McDyess be the biggest free agent signing in Spews history? I'm dead serious.

If you count the Duncan re-signing back in 2000, not even close.

Shank
07-08-2009, 06:42 PM
It's one thing for a fuckin Lakers' fan to talk down, but who the fuck are Mav fans to talk down, with all zero rings of theirs. The biggest accomplishments of the Dallas franchise are their two play-off victories against us, one by the mere bounce of a ball and the other because of an Argentinian ankle injury. Big fuckin whoop, you beat us...oooo, but what did that get yous? A next round bounce, so fuck off. It's sheer penis envy on yous guys' behalf, get over it, you have an over rated roster and gave J-Kidd a shitty contract and probably will do the same for an unwanted Shawn Marion. No one fears Dallas, people fear the Spurs so much that they've been fearing a banged up, injured unit of old vets for the past two years and now we built a better, far more accomplished squad than what Cuban will field in Dallas, you guys will be fighting for a bottom play-off spot,AGAIN and will probably get bounced. With the acquisition of Dice, San Antonio has basically made the West a two horse race and believe the media will portray it like that. So have fun with a nice but irrelevant season next year, we'll let ya know how it feels to be, ya know, a force.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Cry Havoc
07-08-2009, 06:43 PM
lol..the last team the Spurs want to see come playoff time is the Mavs. You homers can't be this dumb. Hell pop would probably admit that he wants no part of the Mavs. Get with it dummy :elephant

Dude, don't go all J.J. Barea on me. Sheesh. :lol

IronMexican
07-08-2009, 06:47 PM

Excellent post

Amarelooms
07-08-2009, 06:49 PM

lol who are you? Exactly. You're gonna be so disappointed again this year....just pray ya'll don't face the Mavs. I'm sure you have some more excuses when ya'll lose again :elephant

Shank
07-08-2009, 06:51 PM
There's a huge assumption the Spurs (Manu) can stay healthy for an entire season. It's been a while.

jack sommerset
07-08-2009, 06:52 PM

I'm not talking about re-signing a player.

crc21209
07-08-2009, 07:01 PM

Here we go...

ducks
07-08-2009, 07:02 PM

he will not duncan tp and manu will
he can watch against mavs

crc21209
07-08-2009, 07:03 PM
lol who are you? Exactly. You're gonna be so disappointed again this year....just pray ya'll don't face the Mavs. I'm sure you have some more excuses when ya'll lose again :elephant

Dallas lost all respect for itself when they blew a 2-0 lead in the Finals to the Heat, following it up the next year with a 1st round defeat to the 8th seeded Warriors. Nobody takes them seriously now..that's just the way it is.

Culburn369
If the Mavs sign Gortat, and Bass, I dont see why they wouldnt smash the Spurs once again.

That happens again and Spurs guys are liable to padlock this Board like Sose did at phxsuns.net.

cornbread
There's a huge assumption the Spurs (Manu) can stay healthy for an entire season. It's been a while.

That's true. We're probably due for a healthy season. But you can always hope.

mytespurs
07-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Wow, the spurs sign a 34 year old player-good pick up yet the insecurity level is really rising here.

But if it makes you feel superior, keep playing that "Mavs beat the spurs" in the first round record. And life will go on...............:toast

Culburn369
07-08-2009, 07:06 PM
But if it makes you feel superior, keep playing that "Mavs beat the spurs" in the first round record.

It is a doozy though. LOL!

anakha
07-08-2009, 07:12 PM

Then until McDyess wins a title with the Spurs, Horry would still be the top signing - mainly because of that 2005 title.

Ghazi
07-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Dallas lost all respect for itself when they blew a 2-0 lead in the Finals to the Heat, following it up the next year with a 1st round defeat to the 8th seeded Warriors. Nobody takes them seriously now..that's just the way it is.

And so what does that say about the Spurs who lost to a team that can't be taken seriously twice in a 4 year span? :lol

And don't bring up those fluke rings that are derived from technicalities, injuries, and Wallace having a mental lapse.

GHAZI talkin SHIT son.

Culburn369
07-08-2009, 07:17 PM
The funny thing is we're like the varsity team sitting back listening to the JV and Soph teams squabble it out over who gets to get skull fucked by the us...:lol

Yes. And it feels so good to Lord it over these patchwork, broken down has-beens, holdovers and retreads.

BUMP
07-08-2009, 07:31 PM

Excellent point:toast

i mean especially the way SA walked all over us last year.

its one thing to talk shit about a team that is your rival but to talk shit about a team that eliminated you last year???

IronMexican
07-08-2009, 07:40 PM

its one thing to talk shit about a team that is your rival but to talk shit about a team that eliminated you last year???

You can't call SA vs Dallas a rivalry. For it to be a rivalry, both teams would have to beat each other within the same 5 years.

Strike
07-08-2009, 07:42 PM

Good point. The Mavericks eliminated an injury riddled Spurs squad in the 1st round, then got owned in the 2nd round by Denver. Hate to break it to you, but choking a 2-0 lead in the '06 finals and advancing to the 2nd round in '09 doesn't amount to shit. Maybe Spurs fans haven't much room to talk shit to Mavs fans at this point. But what does Mavs fan have to say? Really? What have the Mavericks accomplished?

It's ok, I'll wait. I've got free time.

Banzai
07-08-2009, 07:57 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/21/grammar-nazi.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2806)

Spurs_210
07-08-2009, 07:58 PM

Poor Mav fans... Biggest accomplishments is making the finals and beating the Spurs... I actually was at a Mavs game and something seemed to be missing. Something I was used to seeing... Then I realized they don't have any championship banners hanging

mouse
07-08-2009, 08:14 PM
It will be so sweet to watch the Spurs lose by 29 again.........Not because of the score, but to see ST have a another meltdown will be priceless. You really think Old McDonald McDysse who had a farm is the answer? :lmao

Spurs_210
07-08-2009, 08:18 PM
It will be so sweet to watch the Spurs lose by 29 again.........Not because of the score, but to see ST have a another meltdown will be priceless. You really think Old McDonald McDysse who had a farm is the answer? :lmao

You know how they say nobody ever remembers second place?... Well you get the point

hater
07-08-2009, 08:23 PM
four rings PUTO!

angelbelow
07-08-2009, 08:47 PM
wow..

SpursGirl21
07-08-2009, 09:04 PM
You know how they say nobody ever remembers second place?... Well you get the point

+ 1 face it Mav fans it's the......

7_IKcMl_a9A

Strange Love
07-08-2009, 09:23 PM
You guys are a trip! :toast

BUMP
07-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Good point. The Mavericks eliminated an injury riddled Spurs squad in the 1st round, then got owned in the 2nd round by Denver. Hate to break it to you, but choking a 2-0 lead in the '06 finals and advancing to the 2nd round in '09 doesn't amount to shit. Maybe Spurs fans haven't much room to talk shit to Mavs fans at this point. But what does Mavs fan have to say? Really? What have the Mavericks accomplished?

It's ok, I'll wait. I've got free time.

Thank you

spurs opsman
07-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Mavs own the Spurs. Da Spurs are of no concern to Cuban or the Mav's players. Hell the Mavs would sign a contract right now to play the Spurs in the 1st round...Spurs can even have home court :elephant
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: > 0:stfu

redzero
07-08-2009, 11:18 PM
The Hornets will knock out the Mavs and the Spurs, on their way to their first NBA championship.

SouthTexasRancher
07-08-2009, 11:20 PM

LOL...you best go back and review Marion's play against the Spurs. He completely disappears and he'll do the same with the NOwinski Mavettes. Your team being the second worst team in the 2009 WC playoffs behind our Spurs have actually gone backwards whereas the Spurs have jumped up alongside of the LA Fakers if they sign Odom. If they don't resign Odom then the Spurs are a lock in the West.

Tell me again how your Mavettes did in the 2006 NBA Finals? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Shank
07-08-2009, 11:24 PM
The Mavs have gone backwards? Explain.

Findog
07-08-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm just glad both teams are much better than 2 months ago. It's been a good rivalry.

Spursfan092120
07-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Of course they would sign that contract...have you seen Dallas in the playoffs? They LOVE to lose.

Spursfan092120
07-08-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm just glad both teams are much better than 2 months ago. It's been a good rivalry.
exactly...you're one of the good Mavs fans. :)

Spurtacus
07-08-2009, 11:34 PM

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1092/1383079537_920e3e1c70_o.jpg

Enjoy mediocrity.

SouthTexasRancher
07-08-2009, 11:38 PM
The Mavs have gone backwards? Explain.

By signing Marion. Not good. Just Cuban hitting the panic button seeing how much better everyone else has become.

SouthTexasRancher
07-08-2009, 11:40 PM
The Hornets will knock out the Mavs and the Spurs, on their way to their first NBA championship.

LOL, another comedian. How many points did you lose to Denver by in the playoffs? Was it 69?

redzero
07-08-2009, 11:53 PM
LOL, another comedian. How many points did you lose to Denver by in the playoffs? Was it 69?

58 points, faggot! And the Hornets were injured and burnt out, too.

Spursfan092120
07-08-2009, 11:58 PM
58 points, faggot! And the Hornets were injured and burnt out, too.
burn out that easily and early? How the hell do you plan on winning a trophy?

redzero
07-09-2009, 12:00 AM
burn out that easily and early? How the hell do you plan on winning a trophy?

No, burnt out in David West and Chris Paul having to play 40+ minutes just to beat shitty teams. If either of our new draftees pan out, and if the Hornets can acquire a big, they'll be right back where they were in 08.

Spursfan092120
07-09-2009, 12:05 AM
No, burnt out in David West and Chris Paul having to play 40+ minutes just to beat shitty teams. If either of our new draftees pan out, and if the Hornets can acquire a big, they'll be right back where they were in 08.
I agree...losing to the Spurs...2nd round..tops..

redzero
07-09-2009, 12:07 AM
I agree...losing to the Spurs...2nd round..tops..

Not if the Spurs go against the Mavericks first.

Killakobe81
07-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Children, children why all this fuss? Spurs are definitely 2nd best in the West but i think the Mavs are improved I hope you guys do meet in the 2nd round again that would be a GREAT series ...an all out war while we roll over the Nuggs or Blazers ...

Spursfan092120
07-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Not if the Spurs go against the Mavericks first.
Lol Mavs
Lol you

DrHouse
07-09-2009, 12:44 AM
I don't get how Spur fan thinks he can talk shit after the Spurs LOST to the Mavericks 4-1 despite having HCA. I don't care who was injured on the Spurs, that's fucking pathetic. Last year's Mavs team was one of the worst in the last 4-5 years.

And since when did McDyess become some sort of savior? At his age he is basically a Kurt Thomas like player.

TD4THREE
07-09-2009, 12:51 AM
^^ lol I would love to see Kurt score 26 points in a playoff game now.

Brazil
07-09-2009, 01:01 AM
lol at House go take care about your lakers and Odom and let mavs and spurs fans discuss.

YellowFever
07-09-2009, 01:36 AM
Wow..a total flame war!

I really missed this on ST.

My two cents: Both teams got better and you can't say one team got significantly better than the other.

TD4THREE
07-09-2009, 01:39 AM
And here's the thing about that series, even though the the spurs were bounced in 5 games, they still had chances to extend the series, that is until Bonner's and most of the spurs supporting cast's balls shrunk to the size of raisins, . Game 4 is a perfect example, outside of Duncan and parker there were six field goals made by the rest of the team, SIX, and the spurs still had an opportunity to win the game. The mavs were only ahead by 5 or 6 with a couple minutes left, a three here, a three there, and they could have walked away with a win. Keep in mind that's with six FGs made by the rest of the team combined. That game was kind of the trend for the series, no one outside of Tim and Tony came to play.

Now add Manu, Jefferson,Mcdyess and a younger more athletic bench to the mix, and they destroy the Mavs.

Strike
07-09-2009, 01:47 AM
Thank you

Douchiest highlight I've ever seen. Way to go, bump. You accomplished something I didn't think possible. You became a bigger fuck-tard than I thought you were.

Good luck this season. Tell me how it feels come playoff time when you're 7th or 8th seed, maybe even on the outside looking in.

mouse
07-09-2009, 01:50 AM
I don't get how Spur fan thinks he can talk shit after the Spurs LOST to the Mavericks 4-1 despite having HCA. I don't care who was injured on the Spurs, that's fucking pathetic. Last year's Mavs team was one of the worst in the last 4-5 years.

And since when did McDyess become some sort of savior? At his age he is basically a Kurt Thomas like player.

^ This man is light years ahead of ST :tu

Strike
07-09-2009, 01:50 AM

Exactly how far would the Lakers have made it without, hmm, let's see, Pau Gasol? They barely beat a wounded Rockets team!

DrHouse
07-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Exactly how far would the Lakers have made it without, hmm, let's see, Pau Gasol? They barely beat a wounded Rockets team!

2009 NBA Champions!

Spurs = 2009 1st round LOSERS :lmao

Spurs_210
07-09-2009, 05:54 AM
2009 NBA Champions!

Hmmm the Lakers went from barely a playoff team to winning the title by adding Gasol. Spurs change Finley for Rj and get Tim some help by adding Dice. Yeah your right no difference there. Man your a bigger idiot than I thought. You have no knowledge of the game and your stupidity shows more and more with every post. Just don't bother posting you sound smarter that way...

VivaPopovich
07-09-2009, 07:14 AM
MCDyess will not get you past the Mavericks!

Yes he will.

We'll think about 2010-2011 after we win the ring now.

stretch
07-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Getting RJ and McDyess are definitely nice additions. I just don't see much depth in the team. You have Manu off the bench... and everyone else is pretty much crap. Hill might turn out solid, but that's about as far as it goes. The only other guys worth mentioning consists of Finley (broken down, streaky as hell), and Bonner (LMAO bonner).

I think the Spurs are definitely top 3 in the west, but I don't think that they are unquestionably better than the Mavs and Lakers like some spurfans are saying. I think it could very easily turn out to be a classic dogfight at the top for all three of those teams. The key for the Mavs and Spurs however, is health. The key for the Lakers is to maintain the same hunger they had this past year.

Spursfan092120
07-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Getting RJ and McDyess are definitely nice additions. I just don't see much depth in the team. You have Manu off the bench... and everyone else is pretty much crap. Hill might turn out solid, but that's about as far as it goes. The only other guys worth mentioning consists of Finley (broken down, streaky as hell), and Bonner (LMAO bonner).

I think the Spurs are definitely top 3 in the west, but I don't think that they are unquestionably better than the Mavs and Lakers like some spurfans are saying. I think it could very easily turn out to be a classic dogfight at the top for all three of those teams. The key for the Mavs and Spurs however, is health. The key for the Lakers is to maintain the same hunger they had this past year.
Sooo...you've seen Jack McClinton and DeJuan Blair play? Most experts had Blair as the 2nd best big in the draft...Jack McClinton was the best shooter in the draft. Picture a more athletic Roger Mason, but even more accurate from long range. You've got to have intangibles to be at the top...DeJuan Blair has a chip on his shoulder for all the teams that past him over. He's going to play like an animal. McClinton is as humble as humble can get. The Spurs, as always, will have one of the best benches in the league...Book It.

BUMP
07-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Sooo...you've seen Jack McClinton and DeJuan Blair play? Most experts had Blair as the 2nd best big in the draft...Jack McClinton was the best shooter in the draft. Picture a more athletic Roger Mason, but even more accurate from long range. You've got to have intangibles to be at the top...DeJuan Blair has a chip on his shoulder for all the teams that past him over. He's going to play like an animal. McClinton is as humble as humble can get. The Spurs, as always, will have one of the best benches in the league...Book It.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

stretch
07-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Mavs > sperms

just face it spurfan

Spursfan092120
07-09-2009, 11:37 AM
:rollin:rollin:rollin
It's ok Bumpy..apparently you don't know a lot about either. Mason can't drive...period, and McClinton can. He also has a LOT more range, and every draft board said that Jack McClinton was the best pull up shooter in the draft..I guess you would know more than them though. :toast

Spursfan092120
07-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Mavs > sperms

just face it spurfan
Yes..the Mavs are better than Sperm..maybe...too bad they're not better than the Spurs.

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Mavs > sperms

just face it spurfan

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/SonicRing.jpg/80px-SonicRing.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/SonicRing.jpg/80px-SonicRing.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/SonicRing.jpg/80px-SonicRing.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/SonicRing.jpg/80px-SonicRing.jpg

BUMP
07-09-2009, 11:40 AM
i didnt mean that as disrespectful 092120 but thats a pretty homerish claim especially when Curry is the unquestionable best shooter in the draft.

for the record, i think McClinton was a good pick for where you got him. he's in the late 2nd round for a reason, he's a one trick pony, but if utilized correctly he can be a good one trick pony in the NBA.

i just find it generally funny that a lot of Spur fans dont think highly of Mason anymore after crowning him the next Robert horry b4 the playoffs when, in reality, he did nothing

Spursfan092120
07-09-2009, 11:44 AM
i didnt mean that as disrespectful 092120 but thats a pretty homerish claim especially when Curry is the unquestionable best shooter in the draft.

for the record, i think McClinton was a good pick for where you got him. he's in the late 2nd round for a reason, he's a one trick pony, but if utilized correctly he can be a good one trick pony in the NBA.

i just find it generally funny that a lot of Spur fans dont think highly of Mason anymore after crowning him the next Robert horry b4 the playoffs when, in reality, he did nothing
I knew you weren't being disrespectful, Bump..and I hope you weren't taking mine as, either..I've always got along with you. And maybe what I was saying wasn't quite clear. Curry is the best overall shooter in the draft. But when it comes to being a pull up shooter, like Mason, McClinton is #1, and that's what the Spurs need. I love Mason...I stood behind him as soon as we traded for him...and still do. I just think McClinton has a little more potential because Mason is a streak shooter, and McClinton is more accurate overall, but college is different than NBA, so time will tell. I truly think that the McClinton was drafted so we could trade Mason...but we'll have to see...

45 bank shot
07-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Mavs > sperms

just face it spurfan

How? stop saying some B.S so blatantly.
just count the rings my friend

DrHouse
07-09-2009, 11:45 AM
First of all none of the rookies the Spurs drafted will have any impact when the real NBA season begins during the playoffs. I don't want to hear another word about Blair or any of these other players, they simply won't get the minutes come playoff time. Coaches will go with old reliable over the unproven rookie when it really counts. Don't expect Pop to be any different. Look at how he shafted Hill last season.

Cry Havoc
07-09-2009, 11:49 AM
First of all none of the rookies the Spurs drafted will have any impact when the real NBA season begins during the playoffs. I don't want to hear another word about Blair or any of these other players, they simply won't get the minutes come playoff time. Coaches will go with old reliable over the unproven rookie when it really counts. Don't expect Pop to be any different. Look at how he shafted Hill last season.

If Blair is averaging 7+ rebounds per game, I guarantee you he will be seeing PT in the PO.

Spursfan092120
07-09-2009, 11:49 AM
you're right House..we're wrong..will you go away now? Please?

Findog
07-09-2009, 11:50 AM
By signing Marion. Not good. Just Cuban hitting the panic button seeing how much better everyone else has become.

That's just dumb. Marion is better than Stackhouse. Mavs got better. How much better? We'll find out, but they are better than they were yesterday.

bus driver
07-09-2009, 11:52 AM

i think the plane has to land in Dallas since it is an airport hub........but you can cheer on the Spurs on their way to the finals.

Spursfan092120
07-09-2009, 11:56 AM
That's just dumb. Marion is better than Stackhouse. Mavs got better. How much better? We'll find out, but they are better than they were yesterday.
You may be better..but I'm not sure how good of a trade this is, to be honest. You guys are going to hit a wall with the Luxury Tax...I read somewhere that you guys were in the 2 teams that will be hit the hardest. I know Wright wasn't crap to you, but you also lost a 2nd rounder and cash...not sure if it was the best thing you guys could have done, but we'll have to wait and see.

triple t's
07-09-2009, 12:51 PM
second rounder, plz. cash, plz. You swap a guy that rode the bench the past 2 seasons for a 4 time all-star that fills 2 of your needs? The mavs adressed wright with the Ross signing and got rid of dead weight george. So i fail to see how this was a bad deal.

The west is going to be very very good this year at the top but i think it will come down to injuries.

Chucho
07-09-2009, 01:36 PM

Are you kidding?? You do realize the two previous seasons the Mavs were knocked out in the FIRST ROUND, once by the EIGHTH seed. So how does beating the Spurs, the winningest team of the past twenty years, make them worse than those loser teams they fielded from 07-08?? They actually WON a round. Give them some credit. Jeez. Shit, if I were the owner and always paying 15+ million in luxury tax, I know I'd demand SOME sort of results, since we all know a championship will never go north of San Antonio in Texas.

Mavs fans are a bunch of crumbs, holding on to what little success they've had, which incidentally came at the Spurs' expense, but never want to look at all the BAD and CHOKE moments that have outweighed their meager success that cost millions more to obtain than what all the Glory and Championships the Spurs have achieved with the thrifty dollar. And now the Spurs have opened the check book a little more, so guess why people are talking even more than usual about the Spurs. That is how it is. The Spurs are an all time great team while the Mavericks are just a money boat with nothing more memorable than three straight choke-laden seasons and letting Steve Nash go and giving his money to Erik Dampier. So hold on to what little you guys have to hold on to, because the track records prove where the franchises are heading, enjoy lookin up at us in the standings all season long fellas.

And McDyess is not being made out to be a savior, he is being heralded as the missing piece. Jefferson was the big stepping stone that shot the entire league into panic mode, yet the only team that has made themselves immediately better besides the Spurs is the Lakers. The Spurs dropped a shit load of age in exchange for THE BEST 4th option in the league who has been one of the two healthiest players the past two seasons and is young. He doubles as an insurance policy. No team took care of as many problems in one move as the Spurs did. Then the Spurs continued this off-season mojo by making huge waves in the Draft despite having ZERO 1st rd. selections and landed a guy who contribute immediately in an area where the Spurs are deficient and also a shooter with insane range and decent ball handling skills. So with the addition with McDyess, a defensive minded big who can grind and rebound, it really is the culmination of the biggest offseason any Spurs fan can remember and it is perhaps the best offseason any team is having this year. Every move and pick just rose the excitement level so high that it was euphoric for many to see everything topped off with a fairly nice ending. Now they just fill the 10-12 spots and let's go. I'll take a team that sleep-walked it's way to a 54 win record with all their experience, re-tooled with a proven scorer, legit starting center, young, helpful hands on the bench with Blair, Hill, Mason, etc. and most importantly, a healthy Big Three. So I think , through the eyes of a Spurs fans, people are ecstatic about the McDyess signing because to us, it makes the Spurs look the fuckin toughest they've ever looked. When you win as often as the Spurs franchise does, fans' expectations get high and when those high expectations are actually met in the offseason...well...shit, they've never been met before so I guess this is what you get.

BUMP
07-09-2009, 02:14 PM
i think in the long run McClinton will be the better player.

like i said before he might be a one trick pony, but atleast he's really really good at it where that part will most likely translate well in the NBA.

Blair dominated in college but that kind of skill set i dont think will transfer as well in the NBA. Yes he was stronger than most people in college and bullied them around, but in the NBA he wont be able to just rely on brute strength in the post when you're as short as he is. he could be a decent energy guy ala Reggie Evans though

mouse
07-09-2009, 02:36 PM
just count the rings my friend

When someone pulls out the "count the rings" card is that a sign they have no good comebacks? It wasn't long ago back in 1998 the Laker fans would always tell Spur fans to "count the rings" and Spur fans would say how lame that was. Now look who's lame.

Duncan
07-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Are you kidding?? You do realize the two previous seasons the Mavs were knocked out in the FIRST ROUND, once by the EIGHTH seed. So how does beating the Spurs, the winningest team of the past twenty years, make them worse than those loser teams they fielded from 07-08?? They actually WON a round. Give them some credit. Jeez. Shit, if I were the owner and always paying 15+ million in luxury tax, I know I'd demand SOME sort of results, since we all know a championship will never go north of San Antonio in Texas.

Mavs fans are a bunch of crumbs, holding on to what little success they've had, which incidentally came at the Spurs' expense, but never want to look at all the BAD and CHOKE moments that have outweighed their meager success that cost millions more to obtain than what all the Glory and Championships the Spurs have achieved with the thrifty dollar. And now the Spurs have opened the check book a little more, so guess why people are talking even more than usual about the Spurs. That is how it is. The Spurs are an all time great team while the Mavericks are just a money boat with nothing more memorable than three straight choke-laden seasons and letting Steve Nash go and giving his money to Erik Dampier. So hold on to what little you guys have to hold on to, because the track records prove where the franchises are heading, enjoy lookin up at us in the standings all season long fellas.

And McDyess is not being made out to be a savior, he is being heralded as the missing piece. Jefferson was the big stepping stone that shot the entire league into panic mode, yet the only team that has made themselves immediately better besides the Spurs is the Lakers. The Spurs dropped a shit load of age in exchange for THE BEST 4th option in the league who has been one of the two healthiest players the past two seasons and is young. He doubles as an insurance policy. No team took care of as many problems in one move as the Spurs did. Then the Spurs continued this off-season mojo by making huge waves in the Draft despite having ZERO 1st rd. selections and landed a guy who contribute immediately in an area where the Spurs are deficient and also a shooter with insane range and decent ball handling skills. So with the addition with McDyess, a defensive minded big who can grind and rebound, it really is the culmination of the biggest offseason any Spurs fan can remember and it is perhaps the best offseason any team is having this year. Every move and pick just rose the excitement level so high that it was euphoric for many to see everything topped off with a fairly nice ending. Now they just fill the 10-12 spots and let's go. I'll take a team that sleep-walked it's way to a 54 win record with all their experience, re-tooled with a proven scorer, legit starting center, young, helpful hands on the bench with Blair, Hill, Mason, etc. and most importantly, a healthy Big Three. So I think , through the eyes of a Spurs fans, people are ecstatic about the McDyess signing because to us, it makes the Spurs look the fuckin toughest they've ever looked. When you win as often as the Spurs franchise does, fans' expectations get high and when those high expectations are actually met in the offseason...well...shit, they've never been met before so I guess this is what you get.

Wow are you a reporter?

spursfan1000
07-09-2009, 04:46 PM
lol im pretty damn sure Richard Jefferson,Manu Ginobili and Antonio Mcdyess will get us passed the Mavs. :toast:lol

Spursfan092120
07-09-2009, 05:58 PM
lol im pretty damn sure Richard Jefferson,Manu Ginobili and Antonio Mcdyess will get us passed the Mavs. :toast:lol
not to mention Blair and McClinton...as a matter of fact...I might take those 5 by themselves against Dallas..lol

Duncan2177
07-09-2009, 07:06 PM

Hi asshole hows it going? Hows those mavs doing? oh thats right they didn't win it all huh well talk to you later asshole.

Strike
07-09-2009, 07:09 PM
2009 NBA Champions!

Way to avoid the question. I'd expect nothing less from a tool like you.

afireinside20
07-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Way to avoid the question. I'd expect nothing less from a tool like you.

Ignore DrDouche, his team will be crying again in the playoffs, after we kick their ass.

DrHouse
07-09-2009, 07:46 PM

They won and that's all that matters. History doesn't remember or care how you got your championship. All that matters is that you got it.

And the Lakers got it. The Spurs didn't. The Spurs got sent packing in the 1st round by one of the most pathetic DAL teams in recent history. Absolutely embarrassing for a team that's supposed to be contending.

Culburn369
07-09-2009, 08:15 PM
They won and that's all that matters. History doesn't remember or care how you got your championship. All that matters is that you got it.

Precisely, when you guys got that strike ring did you disavow any knowledge of it? Nope. You accepted like it was a regular ring and you never looked back.

nevitt_&_smrek
07-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Poor man's Horace Grant! :)

Laker Lanny
07-10-2009, 02:42 PM
lol im pretty damn sure Richard Jefferson, will get us passed the Mavs. :toast:lol

dude you can have Thomas Jefferson,and i'll even toss in a George Jefferson and your fucked up spurs are still no match for the mavs and lakers :lmao

Spursfan092120
07-10-2009, 02:46 PM
dude you can have Thomas Jefferson,and i'll even toss in a George Jefferson and your fucked up spurs are still no match for the mavs and lakers :lmao
um...I'm missing the funny part in that post...so sad when someone laughs at their own post..especially when there's nothing humorous about it. We get a HUGE upgrade at SF..we'll have Manu back...get a HUGE upgrade at PF, and we won't get past Dallas, who got rid of cash, a 2nd round pick, Antoine Wright, and Stackhouse for Marion? MARION? A guy who the Spurs has owned since day 1..but yeah..they're gonna give us a LOT of hell.

ginobilized
07-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Better hope Orlando doesn't match Gortat's offer......you'd be wishing you had McDyess....or do you think Dampier is going to improve this season? Remember, you don't have Gortat yet....but you did lose Bass

We'd love to meet you again in the playoffs....if you make it. Marion is the locker room cancer of the nba......JHo is redundant with Marion....JKidd can't guard Parker....Dirk's lady might go ballistic, if she gets out of jail, too much instability in the big D for a deep playoff run.

Nice try.

cornbread
07-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Precisely, when you guys got that strike ring did you disavow any knowledge of it? Nope. You accepted like it was a regular ring and you never looked back.
Ah, 1999. Spurs swept the Lakers that year. Good times.

BlackBellamy
07-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Ah, 1999. Spurs swept the Lakers that year. Good times.

:lol They would want us to forget that one.

Laker Lanny
07-10-2009, 03:15 PM
um...I'm missing the funny part in that post...so sad when someone laughs at their own post..especially when there's nothing humorous about it. We get a HUGE upgrade at SF..we'll have Manu back...get a HUGE upgrade at PF, and we won't get past Dallas, who got rid of cash, a 2nd round pick, Antoine Wright, and Stackhouse for Marion? MARION? A guy who the Spurs has owned since day 1..but yeah..they're gonna give us a LOT of hell.

Count the rings bitch! now do i fit in? :lmao

nevitt_&_smrek
07-10-2009, 03:17 PM
:lol They would want us to forget that one.

'99 stunk. Some payback in '01 though. Spurs closed The Forum, I think the Lakers closed the Alamodome in '02.

jag
07-10-2009, 03:30 PM

Damn

BlackBellamy
07-10-2009, 03:36 PM
'99 stunk.
Not for Spurs fans, I love the shit out of our so called "* championship"!

DxB
07-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Mavs > sperms

just face it spurfan

dude can u take kris humphries outta there... its so fucking annoying you actually have a picture of that useless mutherfucker that we have to keep looking at... ur actually excited about this signing you dumbass?

Mavs fans (and their bitch boi owner) are the laughing stock of the NBA... talk shit when you win a ring you dicks!! How the fuck are all you idiots bragging about a fucking first round win!! You forget so easily that Denver shat on you afterwards... you actually wen down 3-0... thats so fucking weak hahahaha!

mouse
07-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Count the rings bitch! now do i fit in? :lmao

That's when you know a Sports fan has hit rock bottom and has no good comebacks!

Shank
07-11-2009, 03:30 PM
dude can u take kris humphries outta there... its so fucking annoying you actually have a picture of that useless mutherfucker that we have to keep looking at... ur actually excited about this signing you dumbass?

Mavs fans (and their bitch boi owner) are the laughing stock of the NBA... talk shit when you win a ring you dicks!! How the fuck are all you idiots bragging about a fucking first round win!! You forget so easily that Denver shat on you afterwards... you actually wen down 3-0... thats so fucking weak hahahaha!

15 posts in and it's about what I expect.

SonOfAGun
07-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the extra recovery time Mavs!

Spursmania
07-11-2009, 04:56 PM

This is all that is gloriously good and right with the Spurs right now.
Nicely put. :toast

FkLA
07-12-2009, 04:38 AM
So let me get this shit straight:

Mavs fans are bragging about a 'first round championship' and a western conference championship?STFU:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/magyx72/SpursvsHeat11-7-07Spurswin9.jpg

You fags just pray to god that Duncan has health problems and that Manu is out in the post-season again, cause thats the only damn way Dallas will beat us. Mavs had their legit championship window a couple of years ago but they choked it away...first to the Heat after being up 2-0 and leading by 10+ points going into the 4th quarter of Game 3, than to the 8th seeded Warriors the following year after a 'record setting season'. Now this is just a poor attempt by Cuban to keep the Mavs noticeable, noone takes them seriously though. Ask the past two champions who theyre more worried about, I guarantee u 11 times out of 10 they will say the Spurs.

Spursfan092120
07-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Oh, wow, you guys hang those pathetic Western Confrence Championship Banners? How pathetic!
yeah..you know...the ones you guys didn't get...yeah..we hang those.

pauls931
07-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Mcdyess needs to retire... He was good when he was with pho about a decade ago and that was after being on another team... (ahole bailed to denver to be with friends) He could have been a stoudamire, but got hurt and never recovered his explosiveness. McDyess gains the spurs nothing. Get ready to see marion dunking on him on fast breaks, never mind, he'll be on the other end of the court when that happens.

Culburn369
07-12-2009, 10:41 AM
(ahole bailed to denver to be with friends)

It was sweet: Colangelo sent Kidd, McCloud & Chapman up there on a special charter flight. They ended up flying into a severe snow storm just outside Denver, finally landing and taking a limo out to the Pepsi Center where Denver had "Dice" holed up. Only problem was they'd locked the place down tight and the janitor refused the trio entrance into the facility. There's a video of it somewheres of Kidd trying to stick his face thru the door and the janitor blocking him. It's a delight.

pauls931
07-12-2009, 10:43 AM
It was sweet: Colangelo sent Kidd, McCloud & Chapman up there on a special charter flight. They ended up flying into a severe snow storm just outside Denver, finally landing and taking a limo out to the Pepsi Center where Denver had "Dice" holed up. Only problem was they'd locked the place down tight and the janitor refused the trio entrance into the facility. There's a video of it somewheres of Kidd trying to stick his face thru the door and the janitor blocking him. It's a delight.

Yup, I remember.

Biggems
07-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Marion is a huge upgrade over Stackhouse, maybe not from a scoring standpoint, but overall. He is a better rebounder and defender than stackhouse.

Time will tell with Gortat. He showed some things off the bench in Orlando. Maybe he does even better now, with a pass first PG. Maybe he isn't all that great, but merely a solid role player off the bench. We will know more after this upcoming season.

I do feel that losing Bass and Wright will be felt. Both of those guys were huge against the Spurs.....if for nothing, their hustle and energy level. Both also made some clutch shots in the first round this past season.

Biggems
07-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Mcdyess needs to retire... He was good when he was with pho about a decade ago and that was after being on another team... (ahole bailed to denver to be with friends) He could have been a stoudamire, but got hurt and never recovered his explosiveness. McDyess gains the spurs nothing. Get ready to see marion dunking on him on fast breaks, never mind, he'll be on the other end of the court when that happens.

Marion dunking on the Spurs? Please stop with the silliness. We both know Marion is an absolute turd against the Spurs. Bruce "Neo" Bowen destroyed the Matrix year in and year out. I know we no longer have Bruce, well as of right now anyway. Still, Marion is older and not as athletic as he used to be. He is still a very solid addition to the Mavs roster though, a huge improvement over Stackhouse.

Instead of worrying about the Spurs/Mavs rivalry....focus your thoughts on what players you are looking at for the draft lottery. Kerr has taken that team from a top tier team to a lottery team in just 2 years. Thank you Steve.

Biggems
07-12-2009, 10:53 AM
McDyess brings muscle, toughness, character, and high B-ball IQ. Yes he is long in the tooth and not as athletic as he once was. Still, his time on the court will be valuable.

Please do not act like he was the only piece we added. We also added Richard Jefferson. Manu should be healthy to start the year. Hill will be a year wiser. Hopefully Mahimni will be healthy, and if so, he should be a huge addition to the big man rotation.

Mouse acts like the only addition the Spurs had this offseason was McDyess.

Culburn369
07-12-2009, 10:59 AM
...get Bowen back and slidin' his foot under his jump shooting opponent and yer good to go, Big.

mabrignani
07-12-2009, 03:19 PM
7_Z4KjVeWsU

damn, watching this gave me goosebumps and made my eyes watery. fucking steve kerr, gotta love that man