PDA

View Full Version : Something Lakers fans forget.

MaNu4Tres
07-08-2009, 07:06 PM
The Spurs last year won the Southwest Division and won 54 games.

This was without Manu Ginobili (a top 20 player). Without Richard Jefferson. Without Antonio McDyess. And with a one-legged Tim Duncan with Matt Bonner starting. Not to mention the steal of the draft DeJuan Blair ( if his knees hold up).

Lakers are still the favorite being the reigning champions. But to say the Spurs still don't have enough to beat the Lakers is such an ignorant thing to say.

The Spurs are officially back.:lobt2:

IronMexican
07-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Manu was top 20 before he got hurt in 2008. He can't even stay healthy anymore. A rookie drafted in the second round is supposed to help a veteran team win an NBA title?

"Hehehe...ok" - Tom Brady

Culburn369
07-08-2009, 07:09 PM
You guys are in >Lakers fart catcher mode.< Me thinks it's perpetual at this point.

ginobili's bald spot
07-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm so scared now that the Spurs signed their 35 year old roll player. Oh noes they might get out of the first round now. :lol It doesn't take you guys much to get all worked up into a frenzy and thinking you can beat everyone. First Dejuan Blair and now this. :rolleyes

Ghazi
07-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Actually it wasn't completely without Ginobili, considering he still played what, 50 or so regular season games?

Furthermore it was a fluky 54 wins if I ever saw one. Bonner hitting game winning shots? Mason hitting game winning shots? A ridiculous record in close games? It was more like a 50 win team.

The Lakers shouldn't worry about the Spurs, they should worry about my fucking Mavericks. :smokin

Just kidding, but my point still stands!

IronMexican
07-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Spurs did seem to win about a million games in the final minute last season.

Amaso
07-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Manu is not even sniffing the top 20. During his prime he probably was the 25th or so best player in the league, and he's way past his prime.

R4R
07-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Doublethread 2x more plze.

nevitt_&_smrek
07-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Hornets and Rockets were banged up quite a bit too. It all evened out over the course of the season. If the Spurs finish with a better record than the Lakers, they'd have a shot. You guys haven't really come close to knocking out the Lakers without HCA.

MaNu4Tres
07-08-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm so scared now that the Spurs signed their 35 year old roll player. Oh noes they might get out of the first round now. :lol It doesn't take you guys much to get all worked up into a frenzy and thinking you can beat everyone. First Dejuan Blair and now this. :rolleyes

Yeah since they just added Antonio McDyess and kept everyone else?

Wow your clueless as well.

That's like you saying a Celtic fan is stupid for thinking their team has a leginament shot at the title next year. Since they just added a 35 year old role player.

Totally disregarding KG's injury ( Like you are with Manu Ginobili and the addition of Richard Jefferson)

SonOfAGun
07-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Manu is not even sniffing the top 20. During his prime he probably was the 25th or so best player in the league, and he's way past his prime.

HAHAHAHAHA, when Manu was MANU he was top 10 period.

He is the Rocky of the NBA. He had spurts in select games where he was on Kobe Level, seriously.

He is like some General that can ride into a losing battle and change the tide in an instance.

DMX7
07-08-2009, 08:23 PM
A rookie drafted in the second round is supposed to help a veteran team win an NBA title?

Yes, especially when he's a 1st team all-american as a sophomore. He's just a small piece of the puzzle.

BlackSwordsMan
07-08-2009, 08:24 PM
too bad manu is an idiot and played in the Olympics and has ankle bones made out of glass

carrao45
07-08-2009, 08:27 PM
too bad manu is an idiot and played in the Olympics and has ankle bones made out of glass

This

Trainwreck2100
07-08-2009, 08:46 PM
your sig has herpes

carrao45
07-08-2009, 09:56 PM
HAHAHAHAHA, when Manu was MANU he was top 10 period.

He is the Rocky of the NBA. He had spurts in select games where he was on Kobe Level, seriously.

He is like some General that can ride into a losing battle and change the tide in an instance.

:lmao
No...just no

carrao45
07-08-2009, 09:58 PM
your sig has herpes

Allegedly

carrao45
07-08-2009, 09:58 PM
And i'm only arguing because th OP is an idiot. The Spurs will be a great team next year

Spursfan092120
07-08-2009, 10:31 PM
"Hehehe...ok" - Tom Brady
I believe that was the laugh that Brady gave when Plaxico said NE was only going to score 17 points...NY proceeded to not only to beat them, but hold them to 14 points..not quite a good quote to use on that one, man. :)

Spursfan092120
07-08-2009, 10:39 PM
No...just no
Dude..even Kobe admits Manu is great at times...Kobe said Manu was his favorite player in the league to watch...tell me these performances aren't Kobe-esque..

jtwyGpkQ5Z8 6ReFuGEoEpA

The guy has moments where he's the greatest player in the league. Doesn't happen every night, and when he's hurt, there's even less..but he does have them.

MaNu4Tres
07-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Dude..even Kobe admits Manu is great at times...Kobe said Manu was his favorite player in the league to watch...tell me these performances aren't Kobe-esque..

jtwyGpkQ5Z8 6ReFuGEoEpA

The guy has moments where he's the greatest player in the league. Doesn't happen every night, and when he's hurt, there's even less..but he does have them.

Ginobili was on Kobe's level in the Playoffs in 2005. That dude was possessed.

DAF86
07-08-2009, 11:20 PM
No...just no

Another ignorant NBA fan that doesn't trully know the greatness of Manu Ginobili.

DAF86
07-08-2009, 11:22 PM

And another one.

Ariel
07-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Ummm... Manu made the all NBA 3rd team in May 2008, a whole 1 year and 2 months ago...: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2008/05/05/daily32.html

Spurs guard Manu Ginobili was selected for the Third Team.
The only knock on Manu is he canīt endure 82 games of 35+ minutes, so add to it that heīs unselfish to a fault and as a result the average ignorant dumbfuck who does nothing but buy into the garbage fed by the media hype machine will probably stare in awe at the Marburyīs or Marionīs of the league while failing to appreciate Manuīs efficiency. But make no mistake about it, when healthy not many players can contribute to a basketball team like Manu does.

phyzik
07-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Anyone with half a brain worth of NBA knowledge knows that Manu would have made a huge difference. Thats not to say the Spurs would have won anything, but to deny Manu's effect on games is equivalant to you dont know shit about basketball.

Add RJ and McDyess and that right there concludes why Faker and Gayllas fans are so scared and having to create threads about how they are not scared.

Rogue
07-09-2009, 01:47 AM
Actually it wasn't completely without Ginobili, considering he still played what, 50 or so regular season games?

Furthermore it was a fluky 54 wins if I ever saw one. Bonner hitting game winning shots? Mason hitting game winning shots? A ridiculous record in close games? It was more like a 50 win team.

The Lakers shouldn't worry about the Spurs, they should worry about my fucking Mavericks. :smokin

Just kidding, but my point still stands!
The Mavs had better make some surges next season while their core is not very old, otherwise they wouldn't do shit in the further future with a senile squad like the one of Spurs.

After signing Kidd and Marion with two contracts respectively lasting 3 and 5 years, the Mavs will have zero flexibility for any move next summer, while the Spurs will have enough salary space for a younger star that can keep his team great for another 4-5 years. Marion is still a pretty good player but the 5-year deal isn't quite nice for the Mavs. If Donnie had known before the draft night that he would get Marion, he would have accepted the offer from Wizards that would send us the pick for Smokey. There is no contending team in urgent need for a decent SF, so the very likely result for Smokey is getting traded to a scrub team for several role players. Then Smokey can only be sold at the prize of a typical expiring contract rather than No.2 guy of a team, like his role on the Mavs team.

Marion is decent at defense but far from an answer to Kobe, and Mavs don't have a decent big guy that contributes consistent points in the paint as Gasol usually does. Ron Artest will also be a lethal weapon if he stays calm, not to mention his defensive work.

Unless Dampier can be switched into a center of the same caliber with Al Jefferson, the Mavs would still be eliminated by the real great teams like Lakers, Spurs are not among the great range though. Even without a decent center, the Mavs will still dominate the SW division anyways in the regular season, but a big suffer is expected when the post season comes.

VivaPopovich
07-09-2009, 01:48 AM
laker fans have more respect for the spurs than they let on

"wow, they just won't die" is the common feeling about them lol

La Peace
07-09-2009, 01:52 AM
Of course we have respect for spur fans, otherwise I wouldn't be wasting my time here.

And if for some god forsaken reason, injury or anomaly you guys get to the finals instead of us, you better fucking hand it to boston or cle cause I would rather see you guys win than either of them.

bresilhac
07-09-2009, 03:41 AM

Please stfu and refrain from making moronic comments if you can. Manu has been one of the toughest and most durable players in the league the last few years with last season's exception. Anybody who thinks he will not be a major factor in next year's Championship run is completely stupid and probably a laker fan, including you.

Culburn369
07-09-2009, 06:02 AM
And if for some god forsaken reason, injury or anomaly you guys get to the finals instead of us, you better fucking hand it to boston or cle cause I would rather see you guys win than either of them.

...or Phoenix.

TheManFromAcme
07-09-2009, 07:00 AM
I'll give the Lakers respect as the champions and say they are still the best team in the NBA (pending the Odom re-signing). But the Spurs are pretty damn close now.

Fair take. :toast
Spurs are not going to be a walk in the park.

To think a 100% healthy Manu is not a fierce competitor and a problem poser is silly.

Bring on the WCF's already!!

MarHill
07-09-2009, 07:17 AM
The Mavs had better make some surges next season while their core is not very old, otherwise they wouldn't do shit in the further future with a senile squad like the one of Spurs.

After signing Kidd and Marion with two contracts respectively lasting 3 and 5 years, the Mavs will have zero flexibility for any move next summer, while the Spurs will have enough salary space for a younger star that can keep his team great for another 4-5 years. Marion is still a pretty good player but the 5-year deal isn't quite nice for the Mavs. If Donnie had known before the draft night that he would get Marion, he would have accepted the offer from Wizards that would send us the pick for Smokey. There is no contending team in urgent need for a decent SF, so the very likely result for Smokey is getting traded to a scrub team for several role players. Then Smokey can only be sold at the prize of a typical expiring contract rather than No.2 guy of a team, like his role on the Mavs team.

Marion is decent at defense but far from an answer to Kobe, and Mavs don't have a decent big guy that contributes consistent points in the paint as Gasol usually does. Ron Artest will also be a lethal weapon if he stays calm, not to mention his defensive work.

Unless Dampier can be switched into a center of the same caliber with Al Jefferson, the Mavs would still be eliminated by the real great teams like Lakers, Spurs are not among the great range though. Even without a decent center, the Mavs will still dominate the SW division anyways in the regular season, but a big suffer is expected when the post season comes.

The Mavs have not dominated the SW Division!!

2008-2009 Spurs 54-28 (Won the Division)
2007-2008 Spurs 56-26 (Finished 2nd in Division, lost the tiebreaker to Hornets)
2006-2007 Spurs 58-24 (Finished 2nd in Division, the Mavs won the division 67-15)
2005-2006 Spurs 63-19 (Won the Division)
2004-2005 Spurs 59-23 (Won the Division)
2003-2004 Spurs 57-25 (Finished 2nd in Division, Minnesota won the Midwest Division)
2002-2003 Spurs 60-22 (Won the Division)

So in seven years, the Spurs have won the Division 4 times, and finished 2nd the other three times.

But the Mavs have dominated the division!!! Yeah, right!!! :lmao

Hey, never let facts get in the way of a good story!

:flag:

MarHill
07-09-2009, 07:26 AM
[QUOTE=Rogue;3539544]The Mavs had better make some surges next season while their core is not very old, otherwise they wouldn't do shit in the further future with a senile squad like the one of Spurs.

Again, never let facts get in the way of a good story!!

Bonner (Age 29)
Duncan (Age 33)
Finley (Age 36)
McDyess (Age 35)
Ginobili (Age 31)
Hairston (Age 22)
Haislip (Age 28)
Hill (Age 23)
Jefferson (Age 29)
Mahinmi (Age 22)
Mason (Age 28)
Parker (Age 27)
Blair (Age 20)
McClinton (Age 21)
Gist (Age 21)

11 of 15 players under the age 30(7 of those are 28 or younger)......yeah the Spurs are getting old!!

:lmao:lmao

21_Blessings
07-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Something Spurs fan forgets. The Lakers face fucked the Spurs "big 3" in 5 measly games in 2008 without BYNUM or a healthy Ariza.

RJ is nothing more than a homosexual joke that plays absolutely no defense. Mcdyess is 49 years old. They will be non-factors in the Spurs downward spiral to irrelevance.

samikeyp
07-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Everyone forgets that its July and none of these moves mean shit until the games start. :lol @ anyone claiming a championship in mid-summer.

DrHouse
07-09-2009, 08:18 AM
The Spurs need to prove they are a contender, not the Lakers.

All this talk about the Spurs making the WCF is ridiculous. We haven't seen how their new team will even mesh together.

The Lakers have a proven core that has gotten to the Finals twice in a row. They don't need to prove anything to a team that got bounced in the 1st round by Dallas.

samikeyp
07-09-2009, 08:19 AM
The Spurs need to prove they are a contender, not the Lakers.

All this talk about the Spurs making the WCF is ridiculous. We haven't seen how their new team will even mesh together.

The Lakers have a proven core that has gotten to the Finals twice in a row. They don't need to prove anything to a team that got bounced in the 1st round by Dallas.

Everyone has to prove themselves come the start of the season. What you did the year before guarantees nothing.

MaNu4Tres
07-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Something Spurs fan forgets. The Lakers face fucked the Spurs "big 3" in 5 measly games in 2008 without BYNUM or a healthy Ariza.

RJ is nothing more than a homosexual joke that plays absolutely no defense. Mcdyess is 49 years old. They will be non-factors in the Spurs downward spiral to irrelevance.

That's a joke. Three games the Lakers won that series could have gone either way. That series was one of the closest 5 game series in recent memory. Yes they lost in 5 games, but three games went down to the wire, which Lakers won all three. " Face fucked" is not the correct term.

Cry Havoc
07-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Did you really just make two exactly identical threads?

GTFO. You need to be pinked already.

Cry Havoc
07-09-2009, 08:25 AM
To re-iterate:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa132/askrob/Anime/gtfo-take-fail.jpg

MaNu4Tres
07-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Did you really just make two exactly identical threads?

GTFO. You need to be pinked already.

It was unintentional. I was trying to see if there was a way to delete one as soon as I noticed what had transpired.

Sorry :depressed

Cry Havoc
07-09-2009, 08:31 AM
It was unintentional. I was trying to see if there was a way to delete one as soon as I noticed what had transpired.

Sorry :depressed

How do you unintentionally make two threads?

/me thinks you made a thread, couldn't find it, but wanted the attention so you quickly made another one to be sure you'd get responses.

MaNu4Tres
07-09-2009, 08:34 AM
How do you unintentionally make two threads?

/me thinks you made a thread, couldn't find it, but wanted the attention so you quickly made another one to be sure you'd get responses.

Wasn't the case. I tried to change the title originally like one minute after I made the thread. For some reason this is the end result.
( If you read the time on the OP in both threads you will understand)

Ariel
07-09-2009, 09:24 AM
And he Spurs had Manu playing at 40%, which is much more significant than the Lakers missing their 5th or 6th best player.

Gay or not, Jefferson is exactly the type of athletic forward the Spurs were lacking, and 49 years or not McDyess posted almost a double double and is a huge improvement over what we had, not to mention all the other pieces that addressed the need for rebounding, shooting, youth and athleticism. So keep telling yourself whatever you need to believe, but reality is that the next time they meet, there will be only one team significantly better than the last time around, and it wonīt be the Lakers.

2Cleva
07-09-2009, 09:48 AM
How many games SA won in the regular season means little.

Bottom line - SA isn't getting past the Lakers (with LO) because they don't have the frontcourt to match. SA worked best when Duncan could guard an easy player and save it for offense and protecting the basket. Against LA - he'll have someone going right at him every play. Getting Dyess doesn't change that.

Gasol, Bynum, LO. Only Boston has a chance. Everyone else is just too small.

Culburn369
07-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Only Boston has a chance. Everyone else is just too small.

The goods/plain & simple style.

DrHouse
07-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Only Boston has the frontcourt to compete with the Lakers.

An aging McDyess and Duncan simply isn't enough.

LakeShow
07-09-2009, 10:30 AM
:lol @ spursfan

You might want to wait until you at least play 1 game before proclaiming greatness. :lol

21_Blessings
07-09-2009, 11:49 AM
And he Spurs had Manu playing at 40%, which is much more significant than the Lakers missing their 5th or 6th best player.

You're an idiot. 40% :lmao. He was playing at full speed, 30+ min and had a 30 point game. Shut the fuck up. And no, Manu healthy enough to play heavy minutes at a high level is not more significant than the Lakers missing TWO STARTERS.

Jesus christ you Spur fans are delusional.

So keep telling yourself whatever you need to believe, but reality is that the next time they meet, there will be only one team significantly better than the last time around, and it wonīt be the Lakers.

Whatever helps you sleep at night Brah. Have fun watching the Lakers next season do something the Spurs always failed to accomplish: repeat.

Why So Serious
07-09-2009, 11:57 AM
man some of the laker fans that post here make us seem like complete douche bags.

IronMexican
07-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Boston still scares me more than any other team, if we are talking about all teams.

Muser
07-09-2009, 12:11 PM
How about we er....You know...Let the ball do the talking?

DJB
07-09-2009, 12:24 PM

Did you not watch Kobe Doin' Work? Your beloved Bryant was praising Ginobili as a 2-guard like he was jesus christ himself.

carrao45
07-09-2009, 12:32 PM

granted i didnt see him play very often, and he might actually have played at Kobe level occasionally, but i think he was probably top 20

carrao45
07-09-2009, 12:36 PM

The spurs were minus Ginobili, so it was the BIG 2

carrao45
07-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Only Boston has the frontcourt to compete with the Lakers.

An aging McDyess and Duncan simply isn't enough.

WTF someone just said that...

Warlord23
07-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Listen up House you fag ... I posted this in the Spurs forum thread regarding LA's vaunted big man rotation:

LOL at Bynum. So far all he's shown is that he sucks. 12 million per year and he gives you about what Josh Powell could give you in the playoffs (6 PPG, 4 RPG).

LA faced teams with mediocre frontcourts during their playoff run -
Utah: No decent bigmen defenders + Okur injured
Orlando: One great big (Howard) + a bunch of SFs
Houston: no Yao, no Deke but LA made Chuck Hayes look like an All-NBA defender
Denver: Decent big man rotation. Naturally LA made Nene looked like an All-NBA player who could score at will; heck even KMart looked like a capable player against them

We all remember KG/Perk/Powe/PJ Brown shitting all over LA's frontcourt in 08. LA dodged a huge bullet when KG went down this year.

Now on to this year: You've got LA with the same soft (but skilled) big man rotation of Gasol/Odom/Bynum. Boston reloads with KG/Perk/Wallace. Cleveland will field Shaq/Z/Varejao. SA improves with Duncan/Dice/Mahinmi. Dallas will have Dampier/Dirk/Marion. LA has yet to prove that they can overcome a team with a tough and deep frontcourt. If Landry, Scola and Hayes can outplay your big man rotation twice in a series, you still have a lot to prove.

Now Bynum may improve and that'll change the equation. But that hasn't happened for 2 years now, so we'll have to see it to believe it.

z0sa
07-09-2009, 01:14 PM
LOL @ LA's frontcourt. After Pau, you have talented but lazy/inconsistent pussy after pussy.

Our frontcourt is nothing but hardasses possessing a good work ethic with a chip on their shoulder.

IronMexican
07-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Bonner is a hard ass!

z0sa
07-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Bonner is a hard ass!

ever read any of the chuck norris analogies? :lol

Ditty
07-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Bonner is a hard ass!

yah he sucks we know

but name all those girls in your pictures

i hope there all porn starts:wow

21_Blessings
07-09-2009, 01:59 PM
The spurs were minus Ginobili, so it was the BIG 2

No, they weren't. That's just typical Spurs fan excuse.

UrAphag
07-09-2009, 02:04 PM
LOL @ our front court being a bunch of pussies. What does that say about the spurs when the lakers shitted on them? The same thing it's going to say when they shit on them this year as well.

easjer
07-09-2009, 02:26 PM
So this all boils down to:

Lakerfan: Spurs suck! We're the champs! Spursfan makes excuses! Our frontcourt rocks! Your acquisitions neither frighten us nor mean anything before you play!

Spurfan: Lakers suck! You may have won the championship but our offseason acquisitions make us extremely dangerous and we are back to being championship contenders! Your frontcourt is full of pussies!

And none of this can really be effectively argued or refuted before the season begins.

So each team thinks they are better and the other one doesn't stand a chance. Which is different . . . how?

Ariel
07-09-2009, 03:15 PM
You're an idiot. 40% :lmao. He was playing at full speed, 30+ min and had a 30 point game. Shut the fuck up. And no, Manu healthy enough to play heavy minutes at a high level is not more significant than the Lakers missing TWO STARTERS.

Jesus christ you Spur fans are delusional.
:lol That was one game, you dumbfuck, on account of Manu being a warrior and playing through injury. But for the series, these were his games:

10 points on 3/13
7 points on 2/8
30 points on 9/15, with 15 of those coming from 3 pointers.
7 points on 2/8
9 points on 3/9

Averaging 12.6 points on 35.8% shooting (19/53), a far cry from his usual self. FYI, Manu played injured the ENTIRE playoffs, being at his worst during the Lakers series. So much so that, despite months of rest, he almost missed the Olympics, and in fact then reaggravated it to the point it required surgery. But you don't have to take my word for it... here: http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2008/06/19/basquet/01697145.html

"The ankle injury (the left one) is worse than I expected. Though the shot they gave me after the playoffs drained most of the fluid, the ligament is too swollen."

"I had an MRI. It showed that the ligament was still swollen, almost four or five times the size of the one on the other foot. I can't stretch or bend the joint, it pains when I stop suddenly and when I jump."

The pain started in the second game of the first round, against Phoenix. "Something cracked, I don't know what it was. It happened at a sudden stop. I almost didn't play in game 3, but then it got better. I didn't bother me against New Orleans until the seventh game. Then it got worse in the first game against the Lakers... And throughout the rest of the finals I felt limited, I could play and run, but I couldn't stop suddenly or change pace. That took the explosiveness out of me.".
But sure, having an all NBA calibre player and the second best player (along with Tony) on your team severely handicapped is just like not having your 5th or 6th best player, particularly considering the latter came at positons you were stacked... :rolleyes Dumbfuck Lakers fan.

21_Blessings
07-09-2009, 03:52 PM
:lol That was one game, you dumbfuck, on account of Manu being a warrior and playing through injury. But for the series, these were his games:

You're an idiot. Players that log over 30 minutes while sprinting and full speed the entire game and scoring 30 points aren't "40%" you stupid fucking homer.

10 points on 3/13
7 points on 2/8
30 points on 9/15, with 15 of those coming from 3 pointers.
7 points on 2/8
9 points on 3/9

Averaging 12.6 points on 35.8% shooting (19/53), a far cry from his usual self. FYI, Manu played injured the ENTIRE playoffs, being at his worst during the Lakers series.

Yeah, that's what happens when Manu goes from facing whatever shitty 2 guard New Orleans threw at him to Kobe fucking Bryant with a little bit of the contract year Machine thrown in.

So much so that, despite months of rest, he almost missed the Olympics, and in fact then reaggravated it to the point it required surgery. But you don't have to take my word for it... here: http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2008/06/19/basquet/01697145.html

1) He didn't miss the olympics and actually played well during the time

2) Reaggravated my ass. The play in question where he got hurt was a legit injury that would have sidelined most players.

But sure, having an all NBA calibre player and the second best player (along with Tony) on your team severely handicapped is just like not having your 5th or 6th best player, particularly considering the latter came at positons you were stacked... :rolleyes Dumbfuck Lakers fan.

Severely brain dead Spurs fan strikes again. Manu was so handicap that he can still sprint full speed and jump just fine for 30+ minutes a night in a NBA playoff game and even score 30 points. Manu played and shit the bed. Don't be made that Manu is nothing more than a homeless man's Kobe with Steve Nash-esque defense.

Again, Bynum was the Lakers BEST DUNCAN defender on the Lakers and Ariza was the Lakers 2nd best perimeter defender. Yet the Lakers still utterly curb stomped San Antonio in 5 laughable games. Proving that the 2007 Spurs were the 2nd most overrated champions of the decade.

Ariel
07-09-2009, 04:46 PM
You're an idiot. Players that log over 30 minutes while sprinting and full speed the entire game and scoring 30 points aren't "40%" you stupid fucking homer.
What part of ONE game out of FIVE do you not understand? Or didnīt you learn to count that high? And yes, if your game depends on sudden changes of direction, sprints and stops, and youīre playing on a bum ankle, then anyone with a brain would say youīre significantly diminished. 40%, 41% or 39%... you pick your number. Or just take the season that had just gone by as comparison.

Yeah, that's what happens when Manu goes from facing whatever shitty 2 guard New Orleans threw at him to Kobe fucking Bryant with a little bit of the contract year Machine thrown in.
Riiiight, because he had never in his life played and posterized an actual elite NBA defender (like Raja Bell or Tayshaun in the Pistons system, with Wallace covering his ass...), and it took until his 6th NBA season to play the kind of defense only Kobe and NBA all time legend Vujacic can deliver... :lol

]1) He didn't miss the olympics and actually played well during the time
After 2 1/2 months of rehab and wondering, and only for a few games later when he reinjured it... can you do the math, or do I have to draw you a map?

2) Reaggravated my ass. The play in question where he got hurt was a legit injury that would have sidelined most players.
Sure, itīs just completely random he reinjured the same ligament that was swollen to 4/5 times its size and he had been rehabilitating for 2 1/2 months and put his participation in the Olympics in question. What a brilliant statement!

Severely brain dead Spurs fan strikes again. Manu was so handicap that he can still sprint full speed and jump just fine for 30+ minutes a night in a NBA playoff game and even score 30 points. Manu played and shit the bed. Don't be made that Manu is nothing more than a homeless man's Kobe with Steve Nash-esque defense.
Well, you donīt to go any farther than Kobe Bryant to find out just how ignorant your basketball judgement on Manu is. Unless you want to tag Kobe an idiot... But now matter how stupid you may be, I donīt think youīre ready to go there, are you?

Again, Bynum was the Lakers BEST DUNCAN defender on the Lakers and Ariza was the Lakers 2nd best perimeter defender. Yet the Lakers still utterly curb stomped San Antonio in 5 laughable games. Proving that the 2007 Spurs were the 2nd most overrated champions of the decade.
Bynum was a good player, 4th or 5th in importance on that team, and Ariza was a bench warmer who didnīt get much playing time that whole season, in fact until the next one. And Manu was an all NBA calibre player, 2nd best on the team, with no replacement, with an injury that hindered his game noticeably. Again, itīs not that difficult to figure out which team got the worse part... even for a Laker fan of your reasoning ability.

ElNono
07-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Pay no attention to 21_Palins... Even Phil Jackson, when asked why the lakers were dominating, said "They have an injured player on their team", and this was by the second game, when the Spurs still haven't said anything about Manu.

postaboy
07-09-2009, 07:55 PM
spurs fan like to use the injury excuse like always. anyway, lakers > spurs, everyone knows that.

duncan = healthy bynum (last year, duncan had a hard time scoring/playing d against/on bynum)
gasol > your players
kobe >> your players
artest > your players
fisher < parker

therefore, easily trip to the finals

Culburn369
07-09-2009, 08:12 PM
spurs fan like to use the injury excuse like always.

Posta is right here. Spurs fan do use the injury excuse in a compulsory manner. Always have. I think Pop made it like his charter position upon taking the job there. Ipso facto: everybody in the Spurs Org. parrots Pop. & I don't know why yer all so insecure. You got those 3 rings, + that additional strike one.

Ghazi
07-09-2009, 08:19 PM

Did you really have to capitalize Bynum?

I also like how Manu doesn't get an injury pass but Bynum gets a pass for the ENTIRE 2009 postseason :lol

DxB
07-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Spurs did seem to win about a million games in the final minute last season.

Thats what good teams do dumbass...

redzero
07-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Manu had no problem against the Hornets in the previous round. Even if he was at 100%, the Spurs weren't going to beat the Lakers.

carrao45
07-09-2009, 10:05 PM
No, they weren't. That's just typical Spurs fan excuse.

Oh yeah i forgot he was playing, i had thought he was injured that season

carrao45
07-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Did you really have to capitalize Bynum?

I also like how Manu doesn't get an injury pass but Bynum gets a pass for the ENTIRE 2009 postseason :lol

Most justify that argument by saying Bynum did not play at all in the PO's.
While Ginobili did