PDA

View Full Version : Is Mike Taylor Leaving?

davi78239
07-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Just visited another board and someone said that they heard the end of a promo that stated that there would be a farewell to him at some club. Is this true??

SpursSecurity
07-08-2009, 11:27 PM
I hope so. That douch bag sucks!!!

Get him out of here.

SpursSecurity
07-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Hell, maybe not. From Taylor Blog

My contract with Clear Channel was going to expire in October and rather than sweat it out the company offered me a 2 year extension and I signed it. I didn't up and move my family to San Antonio only to up and leave 2 years later. I'm about to have a daughter in middle school and I certainly didn't want to be moving her around. Now that the deal is done I can breathe easy, take my wife to see her sister in England next month and get the hell out of the Compton of the South (i.e. the Medical Center)...

What little I know about Ticket 760 before I got here, I can tell that listener apathy was setting in. Sports talk radio fans can only endure and put up with so much turn over. Had I left in October Ticket may have lost all credibility. I didn't want that. I like my bosses and my colleagues. With this out of the way you'll get even better from me. We cover the sports and stuff that most of you prefer and we do it better than anyone in town. I had a good thing going and I didn't want to risk another re-start. It doesn't matter how good the host is, if the people don't respond and the sales crew can't sell it than it won't work. I haven't had to worry about that much on STSA. I'm forever greatful to you. Thanks.

http://ticket760.com/pages/miketaylor.html

screamformelongbeach
07-09-2009, 04:59 AM
Wow, I wish that were true. The only thing better would be if that douche nozzle Peter Burns were fired, so that we don't have to listen to him stutter, butcher the English language, and "uhhh, uhhhh, uhhhh" his way through the same tired resets day after day, i.e., "cougars are cool and they all want me," "my friends are rich and we partied hard last night," "Andy Everett is boring and old and his music sucks," and "my ex-wife is a crack whore."

Taco
07-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Just visited another board and someone said that they heard the end of a promo that stated that there would be a farewell to him at some club. Is this true??

What board?

MosesGuthrie
07-09-2009, 07:43 AM
I like Morning Drive but yeah, Taylor blows. That dude who won the Morning Drive contest was pretty good.

samikeyp
07-09-2009, 08:16 AM

(doing Jedi hand wave)
There is no other board, Spurstalk is all you need.

Taco
07-09-2009, 08:22 AM
(doing Jedi hand wave)
There is no other board, Spurstalk is all you need.

Mikey u back in the cool weather of Meeechagan?

samikeyp
07-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Mikey u back in the cool weather of Meeechagan?

Yes I am, where it was a pleasant 55 degrees this morning. Headed all the way to....wait for it.....80!!!!

You know in SA when the 100 degree temps are about to start, all the news stations do the whole "remember to keep hydrated, stay in the shade, use sunscreen...etc" routine? That happens here when its about to hit 85! :lol

JudynTX
07-09-2009, 08:25 AM
I know someone who works @ WOAI, let me verify this. :lmao

samikeyp
07-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Ok....I will let you all in on a secret.

Mike Taylor is leaving.

I will be replacing him as host of STSA.....they really liked me on Morning Drive and this way, they can just scratch out "Taylor" on all their stuff and add a "yP" :)

But don't tell anyone...its a secret!

:)

JudynTX
07-09-2009, 08:39 AM
My sources say this is not true.

samikeyp
07-09-2009, 08:41 AM
My sources say this is not true.

That's what they want you to think.

It's me baby!

Viva Los Mikey!! :hat

orale!!

JudynTX
07-09-2009, 08:45 AM
That's what they want you to think.

It's me baby!

Viva Los Mikey!! :hat

orale!!

Let me verify that. :lol

Sii
07-09-2009, 09:37 AM
I know I'm prob in the minority around here but I like Mike Taylor...and having met him he is a cool dude in person too

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 10:36 AM
i thought him and jim bob were going on vacation

Taco
07-09-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=2320&dateline=1246668378

Cool Avatar! :lol

MoSpur
07-09-2009, 04:06 PM
I cannot stand that show.

pkbpkb81
07-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I love the show and am glad they will be around

mike the shit but he can't drink i have seen him out a few times lol

CharlieMac
07-09-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't get why I cant stand that show. I think it's the racists mexican accents they do.

I wish Booms was still here.

EricB
07-09-2009, 11:28 PM
I don't get why I cant stand that show. I think it's the racists mexican accents they do.

I wish Booms was still here.

A mexican accent is racist?

ok.