PDA

View Full Version : Don't sleep oh Haislip.

tim_duncan_fan
07-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I am convinced this guy will be big for us.

He's a former lottery pick and the Spurs FO liked him. Right now, I am a believer in anything the FO does and so I think the guys have found a diamond in the rough.

Or maybe I just love this athleticism:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aXqwUXy2cw

scottspurs
07-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Him and all the other youngsters need to bring energy out their on the court.

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2009, 10:24 PM
He just has to be an athletic player off the bench..he'll be playing against other bench players most of the time..

Mahinmi, Blair, and Haislip..if 1 or 2 of those 3 guys prove to be good for us, our bench is going to be very, very good..

TheProfessor
07-08-2009, 10:25 PM
The minutes I thought would go to Bonner off the bench could eventually be his, but he'll have to earn them.

The Truth #6
07-08-2009, 10:27 PM
I would argue that he has to hit his 3 pointers to get playing time for Pop. Yes, his athleticism suggests great potential, but for some reason I'm guessing that Pop wants him to be the long range PF that he always fantasizes about.

Spurtacus
07-08-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm excited to see what him and Blair can do for us off the bench.

Knoxxx
07-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Haislip showed nice range in the highlights, but those were highlights after all. I'm sure I could put together a nice highlight film of me nailing 3s too :-)

The question is if he can shoot from the outside at a decent percentage from the NBA 3 point line. If so, we got ourselves a player I'd say.

oligarchy
07-08-2009, 10:31 PM
An athletic Robert Horry he will not be.

Samr
07-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Him and Blair together are gonna absolutely wreck. Timmy and McDysse leave, you're talking a MASSIVE spark of energy that's just gonna overwhelm the other team's bench. Never mind the fact that in all probability Manu will be in that unit as well (Mason starts), plus Hill, plus a vet like Finley.

Hell, the Spurs second unit is gonna put up a decent fight with a few starting lineups in the league.

angelbelow
07-08-2009, 10:34 PM
he doesnt seem too uncomfortable when he puts the ball on the floor. i dont think he should in the nba but its nice to know that he can.

SPURadic
07-08-2009, 10:54 PM
With this guy on the team, we wouldnt need to worry about him making any weak ass plays inside. He seems to dunk everytime he is within 5 ft off the rim.

pad300
07-08-2009, 11:03 PM
He makes his 3's... He's taking Bonner's job. Pop has never really been comfortable with Bonner.

poeticism707
07-08-2009, 11:13 PM
With this guy on the team, we wouldnt need to worry about him making any weak ass plays inside. He seems to dunk everytime he is within 5 ft off the rim.
:wow+:toast=:downspin:

daslicer
07-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm hoping he can be a wild card that comes out of nowhere like Jax did for the spurs during the '02-'03 season. It wasn't until that season Jax was finally able to play the NBA game at a high level even though he always had the talent. Maybe this guy can be a similar story.

Agloco
07-08-2009, 11:21 PM
He makes his 3's... He's taking Bonner's job. Pop has never really been comfortable with Bonner.

+1

You noticed that too eh? Every time he gave interviews, Pop seemed like he was giving programmed responses with regard to Bonner's performances.

I love to see a shift in Pop's paradigm here. I'd at least lie to see him giving the youngsters some meaningful minutes early in the season to see what we've really got.

ezau
07-08-2009, 11:34 PM
I want him to guard LO. We've always had trouble dealing with LO and if Haislip can give him trouble, I'll be very glad we got him

drpill
07-09-2009, 12:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyiK5nf95Cs&feature=related

Looks to me like Haislip might be a guy who has worked tirelessly on his game in an effort to prove he belongs in the NBA... This more recent vid demonstrates some serious game away from the basket, shooting from downtown and from midrange, breaking guys down off the dribble... Lots of pretty blocks and dunks too.

This guy looks like a real diamond in the rough to me. I think he is just coming into his own as a player and has the potential to be a dominant scorer in the not-too-distant future if the team needs him to be...

crc21209
07-09-2009, 12:15 AM
We may looking at the most dunks/alley-oops in a Spurs season. :lol

We have Hill, Mahinmi, Haislip, Gist, and Hairston who can all get up pretty good and throw it down.

coachmac87
07-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Well I still think its going to be interesting with him. I mean yeah he looks good an he has potential. But thats why he was drafted 13th...But did not workout in the NBA. But he got comfortable playing in Europe and gained ALOT of confidence. Now can he maintain that coming back to the league and take POP wrath? We will see.

peskypesky
07-09-2009, 12:18 AM

10ft

Mr. Body
07-09-2009, 12:26 AM
With McDyess, Haislip, and Blair we have three guys with a lot to prove.

McDyess wants a ring.
Haislip wants to stay in the United States.
Blair wants to sodomize everybody who didn't pick him.

rayray2k8
07-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Best squad I've seen assembled since 2003..

GooberNuts
07-09-2009, 12:27 AM
We have Hill, Mahinmi, Haislip, Gist, and Hairston who can all get up pretty good and throw it down.

Not to mention Richard Jefferson as well

drpill
07-09-2009, 12:29 AM

You forgot Jefferson. :hat

Hell, Ginobili and Duncan might even wanna get in on the action once in a while. :lol

Well I still think its going to be interesting with him. I mean yeah he looks good an he has potential. But thats why he was drafted 13th...But did not workout in the NBA. But he got comfortable playing in Europe and gained ALOT of confidence. Now can he maintain that coming back to the league and take POP wrath? We will see.

Good point. Maybe his confidence is a result of playing lesser competition, but it might be because he's refined his game and developed his raw talent to the point where he now realizes how good he can be... He certainly seems to want to test himself in the NBA and is probably thrilled to get out of Turkey and back to native soil...

I love having additions to the team like Haislip and Blair, who both have a ton of ability and a strong motivation to prove they belong in the NBA.

drpill
07-09-2009, 12:31 AM
With McDyess, Haislip, and Blair we have three guys with a lot to prove.

McDyess wants a ring.
Haislip wants to stay in the United States.
Blair wants to sodomize everybody who didn't pick him.

:lol

Beat me to it.

Not to mention Richard Jefferson as well

You too.

superbigtime
07-09-2009, 01:01 AM

Coulda fooled me.

SenorSpur
07-09-2009, 01:37 AM

Seeing as how the Spurs have never really had athletic guys that can finish above the rim, it possible that TP has forgotten how to throw an alley-oop pass. :lol

Darkwaters
07-09-2009, 01:48 AM
With all the new additions (McDyess, Blair, McClinton, Haislip, Jefferson) I'm wondering how capable we'll be this season. The playbook is very complicated and it usually takes about a year to get in the groove of it. So...if you're thinking how scary we'll be next season even with that knock on us...imagine how good the team will be after being together a year (and then maybe adding Splitter too). Yikes.

angelbelow
07-09-2009, 02:34 AM
maybe those posters that were all over pops can stfu now. this guy seems to want to rip the rim down as much as pop did. and hes obviously has a more polished offensive game.

Spurs da champs
07-09-2009, 02:47 AM
What's with this dude is he athletic maybe a poor mans lamar odom?

SnakeBoy
07-09-2009, 02:49 AM
I don't know much about the guy but from what I've read and seen on the vids he is obviously athletic and just seems like a guy that has heart. I think getting back to the NBA with a contender no less plus the presence/guidance of Pop & TD that this guy is going to be suprisingly good for us.

Maybe just wishful thinking though.

poeticism707
07-09-2009, 03:20 AM
Seeing as how the Spurs have never really had athletic guys that can finish above the rim, it possible that TP has forgotten how to throw an alley-oop pass. :lol