PDA

View Full Version : NBA to charge $14.99 to watch Summer League games online

objective
07-09-2009, 02:15 AM
That's right, and it sucks.

There's going to be on-demand archives until the 26th. I might wait until the first two contests are over to read about how players did and if it sounds interesting enough then I'll buy.

https://summerleague.istreamplanet.com/nba/default.html?cid=nba119

Watch your favorite NBA Summer League teams, players &
matchups LIVE or ON DEMAND from your computer.

Here’s your chance to catch EVERY GAME of Summer League action from Las Vegas July 10-19.

NBA SUMMER LEAGUE BROADBAND available for $14.99

Pistons < Spurs
07-09-2009, 02:17 AM
fucking pathetic.

EricB
07-09-2009, 02:17 AM
They got tired of their product being given away.

I don't blame them one bit.

GSH
07-09-2009, 02:20 AM
If I can count on good coverage, I'll pay it. Damned if I want to hear that the games I want to watch aren't available. And I don't want to watch something that looks like a high school journalism student is working the camera. But $14.99 to see those guys play? I'll go for that.

timvp
07-09-2009, 02:21 AM
That's a weak money grab. The NBA is going to penalize it's hardest of hardcore fans? Sometimes I can't understand their marketing.

Obviously I'm going to purchase it but I feel sorry for the hardcore fans who don't have the money laying around to waste it on this BS :td

objective
07-09-2009, 02:21 AM
Yeah, their feeds were never too dependable.

If it's sharp, with replays then it might be worth it.

If they had Dante and Galante, it'd definately be worth it.

completely deck
07-09-2009, 02:22 AM
I'm sure there will be free live feeds on other websites....

montgod
07-09-2009, 02:25 AM
That is ridiculous. These are summer league games, not real games. Besides that, their broadcasts are horrible as another poster mentioned. Why would anyone pay for that? I will be one looking for the free broadcast online... cause I ain't paying for that.

velik_m
07-09-2009, 02:33 AM
It's understandable, but they should've started with smaller charge (like $5) to get users used to paying.

tomtom
07-09-2009, 03:02 AM
That is ridiculous. These are summer league games, not real games. Besides that, their broadcasts are horrible as another poster mentioned. Why would anyone pay for that? I will be one looking for the free broadcast online... cause I ain't paying for that.

seriously. i was watching the thunder game the other day and the announcers were praying for the game to end. fuck the powers that be

siraulo23
07-09-2009, 03:02 AM
This is...

slick'81
07-09-2009, 03:07 AM
LOL no way in hell im playing for what amounts to less than preseason, no fcking way

Libri
07-09-2009, 03:24 AM
Damn!

VivaPopovich
07-09-2009, 03:34 AM
$15 for the entire summer league? that aint bad

i'd pay if pop was coaching, but he aint, so there you go

AnthonyM
07-09-2009, 03:45 AM
So I have NBAtv, but can't watch the summer league games because they don't televise them, and if I want to watch online, I have to pay even though I'm already paying for NBAtv?

BS

poeticism707
07-09-2009, 03:55 AM
LOL no way in hell im playing for what amounts to less than preseason, no fcking way
:lol

ChumpDumper
07-09-2009, 03:59 AM
Considering what I usually spend on summer league, I can't complain too much.

I agree about the commentary though -- don't bitch about the game you are calling. You knew it was summer league when you signed on.

tdominate21
07-09-2009, 05:12 AM
I am the definition of a hardcore fan. I've paid attention to every SL game since tony parker's debut. But I just can't see paying that much unless they promise more than youtube quality video... ill probably pay anyway :sick

TheProfessor
07-09-2009, 07:00 AM
That's a weak money grab. The NBA is going to penalize it's hardest of hardcore fans? Sometimes I can't understand their marketing.

Obviously I'm going to purchase it but I feel sorry for the hardcore fans who don't have the money laying around to waste it on this BS :td
But this is exactly why they're doing it. Hardcore NBA fans who regularly watch Summer League won't be able to help themselves, and won't turn away from the product any time soon.

DBMethos
07-09-2009, 07:03 AM
That's really fucking lame. But I really want to see our young guns in action. Damn you, Stern! *shakes fist*

hsxvvd
07-09-2009, 07:07 AM
I watched Utah v 76's/Nets the other day and it was taken from a camera in the nosebleeds of some pathetic stadium with the commentary of two moron's who talked about the noodles they were eating for about 3 minutes of game time?

$14.99 for that? hmmm....

The_Worlds_finest
07-09-2009, 07:35 AM
15 bucks to watch all the games....i bet most you of spend that on beer to piss out or food to crap out in one night...quit bitching Ill pay it to watch our young guns...

coyotes_geek
07-09-2009, 07:40 AM
It sucks, but with Stern predicting that league revenues could drop upwards of 10% this year we should all have seen this coming.

ElNono
07-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Too much money for the product they're offering, IMHO. Five bucks would have been more like it. I'll be looking for alternatives...

cd98
07-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Are they going to charge $3.00 to read each box score?

Jahivah
07-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Guess they're more desperate for cash than ever. They can kiss my behind.

coyotes_geek
07-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Are they going to charge $3.00 to read each box score?

If they could figure out a way to collect, I'm sure they would give it some thought.

urunobili
07-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Well... it seems i wont be buying the new sweater I needed for this cold south american winter... i'll buy the SL package instead... :depressed

Bukefal
07-09-2009, 08:37 AM
I watched Utah v 76's/Nets the other day and it was taken from a camera in the nosebleeds of some pathetic stadium with the commentary of two moron's who talked about the noodles they were eating for about 3 minutes of game time?

$14.99 for that? hmmm....
yeah that was really crap. This is BS

45 bank shot
07-09-2009, 08:50 AM
are they this desperate?

phyzik
07-09-2009, 09:00 AM
(1) Subscribers that purchase NBA SUMMER LEAGUE BROADBAND have access to all game archives on a video-on-demand basis from the time they purchase NBA SUMMER LEAGUE BROADBAND through July 26, 2009.

Thats not too bad considering its on-demand and can be watch at any time during that period. You can go back and analyze in depth all you want.

(2) Local and national market blackout rules apply based on your location.

this is the part that scares me, I will be fucking pissed and demand my money back if any Spurs games are blacked out. I will go to my bank and have them reject the charge on my card if thats the case.

Drom John
07-09-2009, 09:09 AM
That's right, and it sucks.

Supply and demand sucks. So if you demand, suck it up.

$14.99 is a lot cheaper than a Holt Caterpillar.

Also, that's $14.99/30 more for the 2010-11 salary cap, which is a $1 more for the Spurs ($0.50 in cap, $0.50 off the tax.)

DBMethos
07-09-2009, 09:10 AM
I'll shell out the $$$ if its decent quality...guess I'll have to wait on reports after the first broadcast.

CGD
07-09-2009, 09:19 AM

It makes total sense for the NBA to do this. The fans that are most likely to watch SL games tend to be the "die hards" who are precisely the ones most likely to pay.

SpursFan0728
07-09-2009, 10:28 AM
It makes total sense for the NBA to do this. The fans that are most likely to watch SL games tend to be the "die hards" who are precisely the ones most likely to pay.

I have to disagree. I major in marketing, and I think streaming SL games for free could attract a lot more awareness for these new players and thus increase in revenue.

rayray2k8
07-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Well, I know where to go for me to be able to watch it. :lol

Spurs Brazil
07-09-2009, 10:34 AM
BS!
Damn NBA

Das Texan
07-09-2009, 10:36 AM
So you pay 15 bucks to get every game in shitty high school quality.

cool!

bigdog
07-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Son of a bitch! They decide to do this when I have absolutely no extra money to spend. Damn, and I watch the Summer League games every year. I'm extremely disappointed.

coyotes_geek
07-09-2009, 10:39 AM
I have to disagree. I major in marketing, and I think streaming SL games for free could attract a lot more awareness for these new players and thus increase in revenue.

Awareness from whom? I can't see there being a bunch of prospective NBA fans not currently following the sport who are going to choose the summer league as their introduction to the NBA product. The only people tuning in to summer league are people already interested in the NBA.

tmtcsc
07-09-2009, 10:42 AM

What product ? Charging for Summer games is a joke. You have a bunch of scrubs peppered with a few quality players that are trying to either improve or make someone's team.

Most of the guys that play won't even be a part of the NBA. The league should have been satisfied with generating interest in its product in the offseason OR found a happy medium by charging much less $$.

Nah, I blame them for not thinking straight.

ElNono
07-09-2009, 10:44 AM
I take it it's a test to gauge interest. That's exactly why I'm not going to be paying.

phxspurfan
07-09-2009, 10:47 AM
revenue - cost = profit. I'm guessing their costs are going up.

EricB
07-09-2009, 10:49 AM
What product ? Charging for Summer games is a joke. You have a bunch of scrubs peppered with a few quality players that are trying to either improve or make someone's team.

Most of the guys that play won't even be a part of the NBA. The league should have been satisfied with generating interest in its product in the offseason OR found a happy medium by charging much less $$.

Nah, I blame them for not thinking straight.

NBA draft picks like Griffen and others playing?

NBA players playing period.

Its the NBA's product and as a fellow businessman I don't believe in giving away your product for free either.

Promotions from time to time sure, but just giving it away is insane.

CubanMustGo
07-09-2009, 10:49 AM
revenue - cost = profit. I'm guessing their costs are going up.

NBA revenues are def. going DOWN in a major way.

ElNono
07-09-2009, 10:51 AM
NBA draft picks like Griffen and others playing?

NBA players playing period.

Its the NBA's product and as a fellow businessman I don't believe in giving away your product for free either.

Promotions from time to time sure, but just giving it away is insane.

They charge for tickets, so you can't say they were giving it away entirely for free. They're just trying to be greedy and monetize it further.
It's their choice to do that. It's my choice not to pay for it and send them a message.

SpursFan0728
07-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Awareness from whom? I can't see there being a bunch of prospective NBA fans not currently following the sport who are going to choose the summer league as their introduction to the NBA product. The only people tuning in to summer league are people already interested in the NBA.

Is pretty simple. Free=more viewers=more awareness from those typical NBA fans that doesn't normally watch summer league.

Lets put it this way, my brother who isn't a dieheart nba fan but likes the sport might sit down to watch these rookies play for free in SL but no way in hell he'll pay $15 to watch them with low quality broadcasting. As a result, he bro won't give a shit about SL and rookies lost awareness.

coyotes_geek
07-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Is pretty simple. Free=more viewers=more awareness from those typical NBA fans that doesn't normally watch summer league.

Lets put it this way, my brother who isn't a dieheart nba fan but likes the sport might sit down to watch these rookies play for free in SL but no way in hell he'll pay $15 to watch them with low quality broadcasting. As a result, he bro won't give a shit about SL and rookies lost awareness.

So in either case the NBA isn't going to get any revenue out of him over the summer league. The question then becomes whether or not your brother and everyone else like him will say "I'm not going to watch real NBA games because the league tried to charge me for summer league games". If those people are truly interested in seeing those rookies, then the answer is no, they're not going to avoid the NBA entirely because they didn't feel like paying $15 for summer league.

I get it that as people who are interested in summer league we're pissed off that the NBA is doing this. I'm pissed about it and I'm not going to pay $15. But I don't see how you can argue that if it's revenue the league is interested in, this will help generate some.

Free = 100% of the potential audience contributing $0.
Not free = >0% of the potential audience contributing $15.

SpursFan0728
07-09-2009, 11:05 AM
So in either case the NBA isn't going to get any revenue out of him over the summer league. The question then becomes whether or not your brother and everyone else like him will say "I'm not going to watch real NBA games because the league tried to charge me for summer league games". If those people are truly interested in seeing those rookies, then the answer is no, they're not going to avoid the NBA entirely because they didn't feel like paying $15 for summer league.

I get it that as people who are interested in summer league we're pissed off that the NBA is doing this. But I don't see how you can argue that if it's revenue the league is interested in, this will help generate some.

Free = 100% of the potential audience contributing $0.
Not free = >0% of the potential audience contributing $15.

Hm..ok how about this.
Free=audience contributing 0 but more tickets/items/commercials sold due to higher awareness of these emerging players
Not free = audience contributing $15 but only from a few loyal dieheart fans.

Do u get my agruement now?

ElNono
07-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Hm..ok how about this.
Free=audience contributing 0 but more tickets/items/commercials sold due to higher awareness of these emerging players

I agree with this. If a casual fan happens to catch a Spurs SL game and likes, say, Blair, then he's more likely to eventually buy Blair gear, or even the NBA League Pass to follow him.
If he has to pay for the SL games, then that won't happen.

ElNono
07-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I want to add that I think this is pretty retarded also because this draft class was pretty lame overall. If they would have done it when players like Lebron were drafted, I could understand a bit better.

coyotes_geek
07-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Hm..ok how about this.

I get your arguement just fine, I just don't agree with it. I don't think there are that many people out there who base their decisions on how much money they're going to spend on the NBA product on what happens in the summer league.

GooberNuts
07-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Who's willing to spend the money on this and let the rest of us know what the quality/announcers are like?

SpursFan0728
07-09-2009, 11:16 AM
I get your arguement just fine, I just don't agree with it. I don't think there are that many people out there who base their decisions on how much money they're going to spend on the NBA product on what happens in the summer league.

I think it does because there are millions of hits each hour on nba.com and tons of NBA fans would like to watch something during a long ass off season. So why not charge it for free and let as much viewers to watch as possible so that the increase in awareness could attract more revenue such as commercials/SL jerseys?/young player jerseys etc etc

5in10
07-09-2009, 11:19 AM
So im going to be in Vegas this weekend, and I was wondering does it cost anything to be able to go and see the summer league games?

ElNono
07-09-2009, 11:23 AM
So im going to be in Vegas this weekend, and I was wondering does it cost anything to be able to go and see the summer league games?

Yes. Between $15 - $100, depending your age and where do you want to sit.

You can buy tickets here (http://ev2.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=NBA&linkID=unlv)

5in10
07-09-2009, 11:25 AM
^Thanks Man, do you know if you can buy them up front?

Behrooz24
07-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Think of how movie trailers work. They show you that shit for free to pique your interest for later.

coyotes_geek
07-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Think of how movie trailers work. They show you that shit for free to pique your interest for later.

College and the international leagues serve that purpose for the NBA.

coyotes_geek
07-09-2009, 11:33 AM
We'll see what the league does next year. Whether they're charging or not next year will be all the proof we need over whether or not the NBA thinks this was a good idea.

Dex
07-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Even if you're gonna charge for Summer League coverage, 15 bucks seems pretty steep. Most fans are only going to care about 5 games of coverage; their own team's. Sure, I guess it allows you to watch all of the other teams scrubs if you really want. But the way I'm looking at it, that's $3 a game to watch the Spurs summer unit.

I guess they gotta cover costs however they can in these times, but I agree that this is a pretty lame move to pull. Unless the quality of the taping and broadcast goes up substantially, this is nothing but a money grab by the NBA.

DMX7
07-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I'll pay for it but it had better be Awesome coverage (high bandwith).

ChumpDumper
07-09-2009, 11:41 AM
^Thanks Man, do you know if you can buy them up front?Yes, you can buy them at http://www.unlvtickets.com/ and they'll have them at will call.

ulosturedge
07-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Well $15 for all the games isn't bad. But I agree if it's the same coverage and bandwidth it's not worth even that.

picnroll
07-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Holt & Co about to shell out $10+ million in luxury tax and people bitching they have to shell out $14.99 to go to leauge revenue. :lol

ElNono
07-09-2009, 12:07 PM
2009 NBA SUMMER LEAGUE PRESENTED BY EA SPORTS ANNOUNCES NBA SUMMER LEAGUE BROADBAND SERVICE
55 GAMES OVER 10 DAYS TO BE STREAMED LIVE on NBA.COM

July 8, 2009

NBA Summer League presented by EA SPORTS today announced the launch of NBA SUMMER LEAGUE BROADBAND, a new subscription service offering fans a full slate of live NBA Summer League game webcasts on NBA.com/summerleague.

NBA SUMMER LEAGUE BROADBAND will allow fans to see some of the newest NBA stars while following their favorite NBA teams as they compete in the hottest summer basketball action in Las Vegas. For a price of $14.99 and beginning on July 10, fans will have access to all 55 games on a live basis as well as on a video-on-demand basis for up to one week following the conclusion of the league’s final game.

To subscribe, fans may log onto NBA.com/summerleague beginning today and follow the links for NBA SUMMER LEAGUE BROADBAND.

NBA.com’s on-line coverage of NBA Summer League will be complemented by live studio programming on NBA TV. NBA GameTime will feature expert analysis from NBA TV host Andre Aldridge and analysts Steve Smith and Eric Snow who will showcase the players, stories and news that develop this summer. NBA Insider David Aldridge will also contribute to the network’s coverage. Shows will air beginning on Wednesday, July 8 and will air daily beginning on Friday, July 10. On-demand video clips of the studio programming will be available on NBA.com.

This year’s NBA Summer League presented by EA Sports will feature 21 NBA teams, including the 2009 NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers, competing in a 55-game schedule. A team of NBA Development League Select players will also participate in the action taking place at the Thomas & Mack Center and the COX Pavilion on the campus of the University of Nevada Las Vegas.

LINK (http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/2009_NBA_Summer_League_Announc-318530-31.html)

DBMethos
07-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Holt & Co about to shell out $10+ million in luxury tax and people bitching they have to shell out $14.99 to go to leauge revenue. :lol

If the $14.99 went straight to Holt, I'd do it in a second to show my appreciation for what he's done for us this offseason. But since it goes straight to Stern and his cronies, I'm a bit more hesitant.

rayray2k8
07-09-2009, 12:28 PM
The team that the spurs have in the summer league, might be worth it, guys.
Could they go undefeated??

bigdog
07-09-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm not mad that the league is doing this, I'm just mad that they're doing this right now, when I have no job to pay for this. That being said, I'm sure there will be someone sort of illegal streams somewhere on the internet.

ivanfromwestwood
07-09-2009, 12:50 PM
some of you guys are so fucking frugle. its only 15 bucks. if you cant afford that i suggest you listen to bruce bowen and call hallmark.

Ryvin1
07-09-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm buying it, totally worth it. better be no lag or broadcast issues if we're paying for it.

anjlbitz
07-09-2009, 01:06 PM
If it's the same quality as the LP Broadband, I think it will be worth it.

TimDunkem
07-09-2009, 01:08 PM
I guess they gotta cover costs however they can in these times, but I agree that this is a pretty lame move to pull. Unless the quality of the taping and broadcast goes up substantially, this is nothing but a money grab by the NBA.
I bet the games will still continue to cut off in the middle of the broadcasts. :bang

CGD
07-09-2009, 01:12 PM

I agree. I think the assumptions linking "awareness" about new players and revenue are tenuous at best.

I think the online fee stems more from the fact that NBA.com doesn't want to undercut their TV programing. NBA TV is a premium channel which has to be bought as part of a cable package. Providing the same service online for free provides little incentive for fans to buy the channel.

ElNono
07-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm buying it, totally worth it. better be no lag or broadcast issues if we're paying for it.

That's a big IF. But we'll see after the fact.

angelbelow
07-09-2009, 01:28 PM
not a bad business move. ofcourse i dont really see that many people paying for it..

GooberNuts
07-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Wait, i'm a bit confused, are they also playing some games on NBA TV too? I have that channel so it that case it's all good.

SonOfAGun
07-09-2009, 02:27 PM
LOL, ridiculous.

Summer league comes and goes. It's meaningless even though we would all love to see Blair's first games.

phxspurfan
07-09-2009, 05:28 PM
If it's the same quality as the LP Broadband, I think it will be worth it.

I like LP broadband now and after having paid $19.99 (much less than $20) to see the last few games of the season last year I deem it well worth the price. Especially since the alternative was reruns of the Eric Byrnes Show or Suns games here in Phoenix.

my2sons
07-09-2009, 08:49 PM

so what, six people are going to be stupid enough to buy not a product not even good enough to be called a preason game

spursnatic
07-09-2009, 09:23 PM
So I have NBAtv, but can't watch the summer league games because they don't televise them, and if I want to watch online, I have to pay even though I'm already paying for NBAtv?

BSThey need to go ahead and broadcast them on nbatv?...If I see another fucking Laker game on there this summer I am gonna fucking puke!!..That is such a waste of space?...I swear I have not tuned in to nbatv one time without seeing the fucking Fakers?....WTF??...:bang
:bang:bang:bang

ducks
07-09-2009, 09:25 PM
they should broadcast it on nba
if you buy the nba package now they should broadcast the summer games to

Obstructed_View
07-09-2009, 09:47 PM
So much for the one thing I was actually informed about. Now I can go back to relying completely on ST for my information. I wonder if they're going to start charging for Audio League Pass again, too.

Avitus1
07-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Fuck them.

Pistons < Spurs
07-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Not that it's going to do any good, but I sent the NBA an email, complaining about this.

contact info if you want it:

http://www.nba.com/email_us/contact_us.html

spursbird
07-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Can anyone tell me in which site can I watch the games on the internet without paying?

urunobili
07-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Can anyone tell me in which site can I watch the games on the internet without paying?

you can get banned for questions like this on the forum... IIWY I'd be careful...

Obstructed_View
07-10-2009, 11:50 AM
you can get banned for questions like this on the forum... IIWY I'd be careful...

Fuck the NBA for pulling this shit on their most dedicated fans. They spend the whole fucking year pandering to the casual idiot Laker fan, and behind the scenes they're busy nickel-and-diming the hardcore fans to death. It would serve them right if all of us started paying attention to baseball at this time of year.

And the NBA is charging for this precisely because they have near-complete control over the dissemination of the video.

beachwood
07-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Screw it, I just signed up and paid my $15. I haven't been this excited about 2nd round draft picks in a long time.

robert1886
07-10-2009, 02:22 PM
this blows

ChumpDumper
07-10-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm paying. It's less than what UNLV used to charge for internets access for one day during summer league.

tav1
07-10-2009, 02:36 PM
The NBA is a business and the video is their product...why is this such a shocker?

tav1
07-10-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm paying. It's less than what UNLV used to charge for internets access for one day during summer league.

$15 is nothing. It's a cheap price.

urunobili
07-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Screw it, I just signed up and paid my $15. I haven't been this excited about 2nd round draft picks in a long time.

what is the link to sign up? I'm ready to pay too...

timvp
07-10-2009, 02:39 PM
The first game starts in about 30 minutes (Rockets vs. Warriors). It'll be interesting to see the quality.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2009, 02:40 PM
It must cost some coin to rent both T&M and the Cox Pavilion for 10 full days, given that only a few hundred tickets are bought for each day.

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Can people that paid give us feedback on today's game?..if it's nice, I'll probably pay..

timvp
07-10-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't have video up on mine yet but Rick Kamla is announcing. Wonder if they are going to have announcing for all the games.

EDIT: Now I have video.

FvckMavs
07-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Can people that paid give us feedback on today's game?..if it's nice, I'll probably pay..

I am going to say the same thing.

Kori Ellis
07-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I don't know why people are complaining about paying $15 for 55 games. :wtf

timvp
07-10-2009, 03:01 PM
So far, the video quality is pretty damn bad :td

ElNono
07-10-2009, 03:03 PM

So far, the video quality is pretty damn bad :td

:frying:

timvp
07-10-2009, 03:04 PM
It's pretty damn choppy. Hopefully they are still adjusting it.

Kori Ellis
07-10-2009, 03:06 PM
It's pretty damn choppy. Hopefully they are still adjusting it.

It's much much clearer than in past years, but still choppy.

objective
07-10-2009, 03:07 PM
the video quality is GARBAGE

It's much worse than Orlando's free broadcasts

I can't believe I paid for this garbage, if it doesn't get better I might have to try a chargeback.

objective
07-10-2009, 03:08 PM
for those of you who are wondering how it looks . . .

Picture 'NBA LIVE 95' for the Super Nintendo.

timvp
07-10-2009, 03:10 PM
If a player makes a quick move, he whole screen freezes :lol

:shootme

TimDunkem
07-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Take a picture with print screen.

FvckMavs
07-10-2009, 03:11 PM

I would probably only watch 5 Spurs games.

objective
07-10-2009, 03:13 PM
it's not streaming windows media like past LV SLs and Orlando.

It's garbage flash streaming.

ElNono
07-10-2009, 03:14 PM
If a player makes a quick move, he whole screen freezes :lol

:shootme

I think that crap uses Silverlight...
And I'm pretty sure they don't use Octoshape like the NBA League Pass Broadband to alleviate traffic using peer to peer.

timvp
07-10-2009, 03:16 PM
I wonder if the "on demand" quality will be better when it isn't streaming.

urunobili
07-10-2009, 03:16 PM
shit we wont be able to see this in a decent way :(

iilluzioN
07-10-2009, 03:17 PM
man wtf, I paid 15 dollars for this fucking choppy as shit?

bad move by the NBA...

objective
07-10-2009, 03:17 PM
clutchfans posters found it isn't even a locked stream

enjoy for free what I paid 15 for.

https://summerleague.istreamplanet.com/nba/player/watch/?gameid=1

ElNono
07-10-2009, 03:18 PM
All of you that paid and are dissatisfied SHOULD fire up an email to the NBA...
Get the word out before they pick these guys to run the NBA League Pass Broadband...

objective
07-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I wonder if the "on demand" quality will be better when it isn't streaming.

I doubt it.

The FAQ only lists adobe for the media playback. It'll be the same garbage I'm afraid.

Class action anyone? lol

kbrury
07-10-2009, 03:19 PM

thanks

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2009, 03:20 PM
LOL I have to show a lot of love to objective for the link..

objective
07-10-2009, 03:21 PM
don't thank me, thank clutchcity, and thank the NBA for pissing me off.

objective
07-10-2009, 03:23 PM
alright, I'm turning it off and will watch later. I only was really interested in the Mavs-Bucks game tonight.

FYI, if the unlocked stream remains, just go through the schedule and count the games, the Spurs games will be their game id #.

PBEEZY
07-10-2009, 03:25 PM
LMAO at the clock..warriors - 133 rockets -18

I know curry scores alot but 133 points in 1 quarter DAMNNNNNN

Obstructed_View
07-10-2009, 03:31 PM
I love the commentators talking about how you are either a hater or you aren't a "real" basketball fan if you don't pony up fifteen dollars. The NBA shouldn't be this desperate to suck every last cent from people. How many people will do this? A million? :lol

ElNono
07-10-2009, 03:32 PM
If anything, we got a taste of what it looks like. If you feel that is worth $15 bucks or not, you can make an informed decision now.

urunobili
07-10-2009, 03:35 PM
If anything, we got a taste of what it looks like. If you feel that is worth $15 bucks or not, you can make an informed decision now.

first dose for free... if you like it come show me the money :drunk:

mazerrackham
07-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I love the commentators talking about how you are either a hater or you aren't a "real" basketball fan if you don't pony up fifteen dollars. The NBA shouldn't be this desperate to suck every last cent from people. How many people will do this? A million? :lol

Yeah, I logged on right as he was talking about that. I was like, okay, are you watching the stream or are you just commentating. I assumed for paying 15 dollars they would up the quality of the video...

mazerrackham
07-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Wow, I was also thinking that since they were selling up the on demand that there would be some sort of seek bar or at least a fast forward and rewind. But no such luck. And while I was posting this, my stream just died and said service unavailable. Real quality work by the NBA summer league crew.

ElNono
07-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Notice that the player logs your IP address... that means the 'account sharing' scheme would be easy to detect... what's retarded is that they left the page open... :P

objective
07-10-2009, 03:43 PM

Yep.

I don't know what's worse, that I paid $15 for a feed even worse than the Estonian League Basketball I watch from Estonian news portals or that I could have watched it for free.

And I'm really pissed because I've never 'stolen' NBA coverage. I've never used a torrent, never used a site where people point cameras at screens, never bought bootleg clothing, never bought bootleg dvds of games, anything. I've always paid for everything.

What a fool I've been. This is how they treat their paying customers. And it's not the $15 I'm bent out of shape for, hell, that's less than two quesadillas at Mama Margie's. It's the principle of it.

If they don't make the quality at least like Orlando's summer leauge, then screw the NBA. I'll give money to the Spurs directly at games and the fanshop. But the NBA isn't getting any more of my money if they don't fix this.

Torrents, Newsgroups, Justin, here I come !

kobyz
07-10-2009, 04:02 PM
does it freeze a lot to you too?

mazerrackham
07-10-2009, 04:07 PM
does it freeze a lot to you too?

it hasn't frozen for me, although there was the annoying glitch where it just shut down. But has anybody else that's watching noticed that they show replays every now and then, only the replays show nothing of the play, they just show the ball in the air, and then going through the hoop. :bang

hater
07-10-2009, 04:10 PM

ppl actually paid for this? :lol

mazerrackham
07-10-2009, 04:10 PM
ha, they FINALLY showed a replay where they showed the guy releasing the shot. But I have seen about 3 or 4 replays where they show nothing of the play, just the ball going through the hoop though.

rayray2k8
07-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Yeah, don't make it so obvious to where you can get it for free.. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
07-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Isn't Turner in charge of the NBA websites now? That would help explain the switch to Flash since I believe that's what they use on their sites -- but they should realize pretty quickly that this sucks for live action streaming.

timvp
07-10-2009, 04:41 PM
It's a little better than it was when I was watching it earlier. Still far from good quality but I don't have to worry about having a seizure.

mazerrackham
07-10-2009, 04:46 PM
LOL, anyone hear the guy that just went on "check check check alright we're still on. Everything's good at the summer league, alriiiight." Guy sounded high.

TimDunkem
07-10-2009, 04:46 PM
^ I heard it. It was odd. lol

Was that Dwight Howard or Joey Dorsey? :lol

poeticism707
07-10-2009, 07:49 PM
^ I heard it. It was odd. lol

Was that Dwight Howard or Joey Dorsey? :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Decent quality today..

SonOfAGun
07-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Goes black every once in a while.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I can't really complain, I didn't pay LOL..

much love to the great men and women that put up streams..you are truly heroes..

poeticism707
07-11-2009, 04:41 PM

much love to the great men and women that put up streams..you are truly heroes..

Spursmania
07-11-2009, 04:42 PM

How is it free? I click on it and it says subscribe here? Am I missing something obvious? Thanks:toast

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2009, 05:10 PM
That link doesn't work anymore, it's dead..

siraulo23
07-11-2009, 05:16 PM

How did you watch it for free?

Ace9
07-11-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm sure there will be free live feeds on other websites....

Anyone got some links?

TimDunkem
07-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Anyone got some links?
Google ATDHE.

Spursmania
07-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Google ATDHE.

You Rock! Thank you:toast:downspin:

I'm watching LA v. Cav's now. Looks pretty decent to me.
Does freeze once in awhile, but what did we expect, especially for free.

spursballer21
07-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Brandon Jennings had 7 points earlier.The commentors suck.They aren't covering any of the plays or what is going on all they are is talking with the owner of Houston and how one of them was nba player and he used to shave blah blah.

TimDunkem
07-11-2009, 05:41 PM
You Rock! Thank you:toast:downspin:

I'm watching LA v. Cav's now. Looks pretty decent to me.
Does freeze once in awhile, but what did we expect, especially for free.
No problem. :toast

Ace9
07-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Google ATDHE.

Thanks, mayne. :hat

iilluzioN
07-11-2009, 06:34 PM
woohoo i cant wait till tommorow

jermaine
07-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Im going to hook my 32inch LCD tv up to the computer and watch it. An its only $15 bucks, people quit crying! I feel sorry for ya'll wives. :lol

timvp
07-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Quality getting better. Doesn't freeze as much.

objective
07-11-2009, 07:27 PM
the quality is a little better, but disappoing still.

The site had announcements last night while the archives were down saying that they were re-encoding for better quality. Well, I tried watching the Kings-Pistons once it was re-uploaded and it looked worse!

The only improvements over last summer is that every game has announcers. They get so bored and worse with the quality of play they spend half the game talking about teams that aren't playing. And sometimes their mic work sucks. Last night during the Lakers-Toronto game they came back from a timeout and David Aldridge was talking about the Spurs but his mic was off and I could only make out about half of what he said.

timvp
07-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I turn off the volume. It's painful listening to summer league announcers. They are the most bored people on the planet.

yavozerb
07-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Does anybody know when the games are shown for free (how long after the game is over)?

kromediablo
07-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Does anybody know if anybody is streaming this footage for free on sites like justin tv or ustream?

robot89
07-11-2009, 11:00 PM
just found this site
you can steam games free
http://www.channelsurfing.net/
im watching dallas & houston
so we can see our spurs:flag: for free lol

SKINNYPIMP210
07-11-2009, 11:08 PM
just found this site
you can steam games free
http://www.channelsurfing.net/
im watching dallas & houston
so we can see our spurs:flag: for free lol

Hell Yea preciate it!

mosdef17
07-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah that website is good for the regular season too.

Another site I know that is good for the regular season is www.atdhe.net (http://www.atdhe.net). I think it's roughly the same thing but it sometimes has different sources to offer.

ElNono
07-11-2009, 11:20 PM
From the FAQ (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93855):

11. Game Links - Don't ask for links to online broadcasts for the games, and don't post such links. These sites are breaking copyright laws by broadcasting them.

Buddy Holly
07-11-2009, 11:24 PM
This is the best one I've found because the games are all HQ. Not HD but very close.

Just click on sports then NBA.

http://www.tubeon.com (http://www.youfail.org/)

Every NBA game (summer league included), MLB and NFL.

robot89
07-11-2009, 11:26 PM
From the FAQ (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93855):

11. Game Links - Don't ask for links to online broadcasts for the games, and don't post such links. These sites are breaking copyright laws by broadcasting them.

thanks for pissing on our parade...
im kidding man,im sorry i did not know,
the admin can remove this post.

Dex
07-11-2009, 11:27 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt27/IllicoPresto/Motivational/SubtletySubtlety.jpg

mosdef17
07-11-2009, 11:31 PM
The websites posted aren't the sites that broadcast them. It's like if you see something you don't like on TV and then complaining to the TV guide...It's not their fault!

ElNono
07-11-2009, 11:49 PM
The websites posted aren't the sites that broadcast them. It's like if you see something you don't like on TV and then complaining to the TV guide...It's not their fault!

I don't make the rules. Feel free to argue with the admins.
Just pointing out what the rules are.

SonOfAGun
07-12-2009, 12:25 AM
my boy justin hooks me up on his tv