View Full Version : [ESPN] Marion to Mavs in 4 Team Deal

FuzzyLumpkins
07-09-2009, 02:40 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4314637

Sources: Teams agree to Marion deal
Comment Email Print Share
By Chad Ford and Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The Dallas Mavericks and Toronto Raptors, living up to the wild tenor of the past few weeks in the NBA, have hatched a complicated sign-and-trade arrangement that went through numerous constructions Wednesday before resulting in an agreement in principle that will send Shawn Marion to Dallas and also absorb the Raptors' much-anticipated signing of Hedo Turkoglu.

Sources close to the negotiations told ESPN.com on Wednesday night a trade call has been scheduled with the league office for Thursday, indicating all sides have agreed to the terms of a transaction that, in its final form, will also involve the Memphis Grizzlies and the Orlando Magic.

Sources said the Mavericks, after securing Memphis' participation as a third-team facilitator, contacted numerous teams to expand the deal and believed they were close to securing a fourth trade partner from the Eastern Conference. That team, according to ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher, was the Chicago Bulls and would have landed Tim Thomas with the Mavericks.

But one source close to the process later told ESPN.com that the deal was scaled back to a three-team arrangement without Chicago before it was expanded yet again to fold in the Raptors' signing of Turkoglu.

The deal, according to sources, calls for the Mavericks to acquire Marion and Kris Humphries from Toronto and Greg Buckner from Memphis, with Marion to receive a five-year contract worth an estimated $39 million. Buckner has had two previous stints with the Mavericks but is likely to be released, sources said.

The Grizzlies will land Jerry Stackhouse from Dallas, Quincy Douby from Toronto and a substantial cash payment to buy out Stackhouse's contract. Only $2 million of Stackhouse's $7.25 million salary next season is guaranteed, as long as he is waived by Aug. 10.

The Raptors will receive Devean George and Antoine Wright from the Mavericks, while also preserving their $5.9 million mid-level exception for the coming season by turning their acquisition of Turkoglu -- who is getting a five-year deal worth an estimated $53 million -- into a sign-and-trade as opposed to an outright signing. Assembling the trade this way could also enable Toronto to re-sign Carlos Delfino, after it appeared that the Raptors would have to renounce Delfino to help make room for the Turkoglu signing.

The Magic, meanwhile, were motivated to join in the trade because their participation, as opposed to merely letting Turkoglu walk, will create a valuable trade exception they can use in future deals worth around $7 million.

The inclusion of Humphries, Wright and George gave the Raptors more financial incentive to help Marion find a new home via sign-and-trade, as both George and Wright are heading into the final year of their contracts, while Humphries has two years left on his deal. Toronto, furthermore, is in need of a shooting guard after Anthony Parker signed Wednesday with the Cleveland Cavaliers, so adding Wright gives them a credible starter until newly drafted DeMar DeRozan is ready to contribute.

The main thrust of Wednesday's involved maneuvering, though, is Marion's move to Dallas, since Turkoglu's commitment to join the Raptors has been known since last weekend.

The Mavericks are hoping that the combination of Marion and Orlando restricted free agent Marcin Gortat -- along with the re-signing of Jason Kidd -- will greatly improve the depth and flexibility possessed by a team that won 50 games last season and advanced to the second round of the playoffs before losing to Denver. The Magic can match the five-year, $34 million offer sheet Gortat has signed with Dallas but are expected to let him go.

Mavs owner Mark Cuban has said for months he was prepared to be as aggressive as possible this summer as opposed to waiting for the free-agent bonanza of 2010, when Dallas was initially expected to have substantial cap space. With these moves, Dallas can start Marion at small forward next to Dirk Nowitzki and shift Josh Howard to shooting guard, with Sixth Man Award winner Jason Terry staying in a bench role. The Mavericks also believe that they will have a strong small-ball unit when they elect not to play Gortat or Erick Dampier, featuring Howard at small forward, Marion at power forward and Nowitzki at center.

Sources say the Mavericks are determined to keep Howard even with Marion on the way, believing that Howard will have a strong season with free agency looming in the summer of 2010. If there's a concern for Dallas, it's that Marion will be yet another key member of their core over the age of 30, joining Nowitzki (31), Kidd (36), Jason Terry (31) and Howard (who turns 30 next April).

Marion earned $17.8 million last season and was traded for the second straight February when Miami sent him to Toronto in a swap for Jermaine O'Neal. He went from Phoenix to Miami one year earlier in the Shaquille O'Neal trade.

Yet sources say Toronto was intent on re-signing Marion until the Raptors realized that they had an 11th-hour shot at convincing Turkoglu to back out of a verbal commitment he had given the Portland Trail Blazers, having seen late-season signs of promise in Marion's collaboration alongside Chris Bosh and Andrea Bargnani.

A deal with Dallas appeared to Marion's best and last hope for securing a new contract starting above the $5.9 million mid-level exception, given that the Cavaliers -- despite their recent pursuits of Trevor Ariza and Ron Artest and a well-chronicled need for a combo forward -- were not making a hard push for him.

The Mavericks on Wednesday also signed free-agent swingman Quinton Ross to improve their perimeter defense and replace the outgoing Wright. Dallas' moves also would appear to make it unlikely that it will try to bring back free-agent forward Brandon Bass.

"It's been a long day of looking at spreadsheets, reading NBA cap rules and rubbing my eyes," Cuban said via his Twitter account.

Marc Stein and Chad Ford are senior NBA writers for ESPN.com. ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher contributed to this report.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 02:48 AM
I hate to say it, but props to Cuban for this move, keeping Kidd and signing Gortat. I don't think those moves make them better than the Lakers/Spurs/Cavs/Celts but it's the best they could do given the available players, and they'll be a tough beat again next year.

It will be interesting to see what Marion does over there - he and Kidd, plus Donkey, should make a great combination in the open court.

Damned Mavs. I was hoping they'd fade away...

Kamnik
07-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Yeah... Dirk is still Dirk. MVP material when he is ath his best.

And the supporting cast is quite solid.

But after seeing what TP was doing to them and now to have Antonio, RJ and Manu in the mix... they don't stand a chance in my opinion.

werewolf
07-09-2009, 03:09 AM
I hate to say it, but props to Cuban for this move, keeping Kidd and signing Gortat. I don't think those moves make them better than the Lakers/Spurs/Cavs/Celts but it's the best they could do given the available players, and they'll be a tough beat again next year.

It will be interesting to see what Marion does over there - he and Kidd, plus Donkey, should make a great combination in the open court.

Damned Mavs. I was hoping they'd fade away...

Being a Mavs fan, I can only hope for the best. On paper, I think it does put them in the mix with the afore mentioned teams. You never know though, until they play together. I still remember the Antwaan/Antoine debacle a few years back.

I've been checking out ya'lls site and it's a pretty good one. I've been embarrased by some of the Mavs fans comments. I kinda feel like I need to apologize for them but hey, their grown people.(I think) Next season should be an interesting one. That much is for sure.

cheney212
07-09-2009, 03:14 AM
:toastyour the best mavs fan ive met on this site

Ghazi
07-09-2009, 03:25 AM
Being a Mavs fan, I can only hope for the best. On paper, I think it does put them in the mix with the afore mentioned teams. You never know though, until they play together. I still remember the Antwaan/Antoine debacle a few years back.

I've been checking out ya'lls site and it's a pretty good one. I've been embarrased by some of the Mavs fans comments. I kinda feel like I need to apologize for them but hey, their grown people.(I think) Next season should be an interesting one. That much is for sure.

Yeah man cause the Spurs fans on here are sooo classy and diplomatic.

werewolf
07-09-2009, 03:29 AM
I've found that a lot are. This is a Spurs site so you have to kinda expect some of it. They would get the same treatment on a Mavs site.

angelbelow
07-09-2009, 03:30 AM

wow.. are you really a fan of the same team as them? i think the maverick fans here are easily the most obnoxious/arrogant basketball fans alive. and i live in los angeles.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 03:32 AM

Cheers, and welcome! :toast

Don't worry about other posters - they come in all shapes and sizes, and they only get moderated rarely (ie. if things really get out of hand), it's one of the beauties of this place.

Depends on who you are referring to. Dickheads arise in all fan bases.

Allanon
07-09-2009, 03:32 AM
Toronto has amazingly good ownership. Even with all those years of losing, they're constantly trying to get a better team. Good for the Canadians.

Ghazi
07-09-2009, 03:45 AM
I'm very pleased with how our beloved FO has handled the offseason thus far. I'm not sure if we're contenders but oh well, LA is simply too strong and Boston and Cleveland are strong in the East as well. I think the window for the WCF is open and who knows from there maybe our guys can be beneficiaries of some luck? Who knows... who knows.

IronMexican
07-09-2009, 03:49 AM
Every fan base has shitty posters and good ones. Some just more than others(rocketfans)

werewolf
07-09-2009, 03:50 AM
wow.. are you really a fan of the same team as them? i think the maverick fans here are easily the most obnoxious/arrogant basketball fans alive. and i live in los angeles.

Thanks and I hope I can somewhat change that perception. I just hope I don't get into any pissing matches with fellow Mav fans.

Earlier today I was reading this 1 thread and 2 Suns fans were really going after each other. I found it funny because it was 2 Suns fans insulting each other on a Spurs board in a thread about the Mavs. One of the Suns fans apologized for the hijack but I thought it was hilarious.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome RuffnReadyOzStyle.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 03:51 AM
I'm very pleased with how our beloved FO has handled the offseason thus far. I'm not sure if we're contenders but oh well, LA is simply too strong and Boston and Cleveland are strong in the East as well. I think the window for the WCF is open and who knows from there maybe our guys can be beneficiaries of some luck? Who knows... who knows.

So you just can't bring yourself to admit that the Spurs are contenders again, huh? Not surprising, I guess.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 03:53 AM
Thanks and I hope I can somewhat change that perception. I just hope I don't get into any pissing matches with fellow Mav fans.

Earlier today I was reading this 1 thread and 2 Suns fans were really going after each other. I found it funny because it was 2 Suns fans insulting each other on a Spurs board in a thread about the Mavs. One of the Suns fans apologized for the hijack but I thought it was hilarious.

That's our ST, all multi-fanural and shit... get used to the conflict, it's part of this place. Just don't take it too seriously - after all, it's just a messageboard... best one on the net, but still just a forum. ;)

ChickHearnMic
07-09-2009, 03:54 AM
Mavs win on this by a landslide

The Matrix in Dallas!
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/84726/MarionFlush.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eT0bKD4G72DB/520x.jpg

Lars
07-09-2009, 04:50 AM
Good deal for the Mavs, finally they have a player who can do something other than score. Not sure if it offsets locking up Kidd till he is 60 though.

mystargtr34
07-09-2009, 05:05 AM
A good move for the Mavs, expecially considering what they had starting at SG. Howard slides down to the 2 on offense.

Kidd/JJ
Howard/Terry
Marion
Dirk/Bass?
Gortat/Humphries

Dampier probably gets traded about 20 games into next season for a piece that can actually help.

Kai
07-09-2009, 05:13 AM
The Mavs had themselves a legit offseason.

ploto
07-09-2009, 06:56 AM
So Humphries ended up in the deal and Orlando participated thereby enabling Toronto still to get Delfino (and quite possibly Rasho). So basically Toronto sent out Douby and Marion and picked up Turkoglu, Wright, and George and still preserve the MLE.

So Villanueva=Ford=O'Neal=Marion=Turkoglu

VivaPopovich
07-09-2009, 07:20 AM
kidd
howard
marion
dirk
gortat

terry off the bench

could be sick. hopefully gortat doesnt end up being a bust the way dampier did when they got him off golden state

would be deja vu all over again

pauls931
07-09-2009, 07:40 AM
wish kerr and saver could be in that deal.... Man it's looking like next year may be more suckage unless someone can trade Pho a shrink. Seems like it's pho without shaq this year.

resistanze
07-09-2009, 07:48 AM
And the Raps find a way to acquire Dick Breath.

urunobili
07-09-2009, 08:22 AM
The Mavs could take down any of the favorites so far:

Lakers
Spurs
Orlando and Cleveland...

They deserve a lot of respect they're stacked as well...

Cry Havoc
07-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Mavs are going to be a very good team next year, if they can find a way to make Marion work in their system.

You have to boggle at the matchups now, if the Spurs and Mavs meet:

Parker vs. Kidd
Jefferson vs. Howard/Terry
Manu vs. Marion
Duncan vs. Dirk
Dice vs. Gortat

Wow. That would be a hell of a series. I think on paper a healthy Spurs team wins all of the matchups, but Jason Kidd makes everyone better.

stretch
07-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Mavs are going to be a very good team next year, if they can find a way to make Marion work in their system.

You have to boggle at the matchups now, if the Spurs and Mavs meet:

Parker vs. Kidd
Jefferson vs. Howard/Terry
Manu vs. Marion
Duncan vs. Dirk
Dice vs. Gortat

Wow. That would be a hell of a series. I think on paper a healthy Spurs team wins all of the matchups, but Jason Kidd makes everyone better.

I really don't think Jefferson is much better than Howard, if at all. And Dirk > Duncan for sure. Dice and Gortat remains to be seen. Right now, Dice > Gortat, but that's based off of what was basically Gortat's rookie season. He's young, Dice is old.

I think matchups definitely favor the Mavs when looking closer. Now the Spurs have absolutely no one that can match up on Dirk. Dice might be the best option, but he is too small and slow for Dirk. And then how are they going to contain Howard and Marion? They proved last year that they can't even guard a 1 legged Howard, and now they added a guy like Marion who moves constantly without the ball, and both of them are very athletic. Jefferson will get better at D with Pop coaching, but still sucks at it. And I don't see Manu being able to prevent Marion from catching oops. It's an especially bad matchup given his history of doubling onto Dirk... lol.

Parker is the ONLY guy that would be a real cause for concern, but as long as they limit the production from everyone else, it won't really matter.

Thats just my take though. All of this remains to be seen for when the season begins. It may be the most interesting season in history, considering all the big moves made, great teams getting better, etc... And whats baffling is... next season MAY be even more interesting.

Findog
07-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Yeah... Dirk is still Dirk. MVP material when he is ath his best.

And the supporting cast is quite solid.

But after seeing what TP was doing to them and now to have Antonio, RJ and Manu in the mix... they don't stand a chance in my opinion.

Nothing Tony Parker did in that series was fatal of course. And I LOVE Marion and Josh together as our wing defenders. We can crossmatch now with Marion for the quick PGs Kidd can't stay in front of.

stretch
07-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Nothing Tony Parker did in that series was fatal of course. And I LOVE Marion and Josh together as our wing defenders. We can crossmatch now with Marion for the quick PGs Kidd can't stay in front of.

Oh don't say that. Now spurfans are going to praise Tony Parker like hes greater than Jordan, bla bla bla...

Spurfans are the reason people don't like Tony Parker. Just like Lakerfans are the reason people don't like Kobe.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 08:51 AM
I'd argue that the Spurs look more like an assortment of parts chosen to fit together in a system, whilst the Mavs' roster looks more like a a bunch of interesting names that I'm far less sure will fit together well. I think we're still a rung above them, but a week ago we were 3 rungs higher up the ladder.

As per usual, Spurs v Mavs should be a shitfight. We'll see how the teams are gelling in about 6 months. :)

sribb43
07-09-2009, 08:56 AM
I'd argue that the Spurs look more like an assortment of parts chosen to fit together in a system, whilst the Mavs' roster looks more like a a bunch of interesting names that I'm far less sure will fit together well. I think we're still a rung above them, but a week ago we were 3 rungs higher up the ladder.

As per usual, Spurs v Mavs should be a shitfight. We'll see how the teams are gelling in about 6 months. :)

and after this past season we both thought our teams were heading in a downward spirl

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-09-2009, 09:05 AM
and after this past season we both thought our teams were heading in a downward spirl

Part of me was more worried about the Spurs than the Mavs. Douchey as he may be, if you have an owner that's willing to spend like Cuban bouncing back is always a possibility. I don't know what got Holt spending like he's got holes in his pockets, but these moves could make the I-35 rivalry as intense as ever and that's saying a lot.

Bob Lanier
07-09-2009, 09:15 AM
hopefully gortat doesnt end up being a bust the way dampier did when they got him off golden state

Well, not quite, as Dampier had an entire season of 12&12 including nearly 5 offensive rebounds a game to go along with 5 FTAs and 2 blocks.

Gortat had a couple of games in the playoffs.

phyzik
07-09-2009, 09:20 AM
I really don't think Jefferson is much better than Howard, if at all. And Dirk > Duncan for sure. Dice and Gortat remains to be seen. Right now, Dice > Gortat, but that's based off of what was basically Gortat's rookie season. He's young, Dice is old.

I think matchups definitely favor the Mavs when looking closer. Now the Spurs have absolutely no one that can match up on Dirk. Dice might be the best option, but he is too small and slow for Dirk. And then how are they going to contain Howard and Marion? They proved last year that they can't even guard a 1 legged Howard, and now they added a guy like Marion who moves constantly without the ball, and both of them are very athletic. Jefferson will get better at D with Pop coaching, but still sucks at it. And I don't see Manu being able to prevent Marion from catching oops. It's an especially bad matchup given his history of doubling onto Dirk... lol.

Parker is the ONLY guy that would be a real cause for concern, but as long as they limit the production from everyone else, it won't really matter.

Thats just my take though. All of this remains to be seen for when the season begins. It may be the most interesting season in history, considering all the big moves made, great teams getting better, etc... And whats baffling is... next season MAY be even more interesting.

you lost all credibility at the bolded section. no need for me to read the rest.

JamStone
07-09-2009, 09:43 AM
How will Mavs fan live with the torture of knowing they don't have Dickbreath to shit on when things go bad?

Also, this finally vaults a team past Utah for the most white-black guys on a single NBA team, adding both Marion and Kris Humphries to Kidd, passing the mere duo of Deron Williams and Boozer.

clambake
07-09-2009, 09:47 AM
i haven't seen marion, gortat, or jefferson very much lately.

mcdyess, however, is a solid signing.

and blair could be kick ass.

pad300
07-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Marion is going to cross-match onto quick PG's like Parker? That didn't work out well at all for Pheonix, and that was when Marion was younger. I suspect he's gotten half a step slower...

stretch
07-09-2009, 09:52 AM
i have no credibility cuz i live in the past and lick balls

JamStone
07-09-2009, 09:55 AM
A large part of why Marion couldn't shut down PGs in Phoenix when he switched onto them is because most of the other Suns players didn't play any defense, much less team defense or help defense. D'Antoni didn't have defensive sets to help Marion out. They just expected him to stop individual players with individual defense. That's hard for any NBA player to do. Not that Dallas is a defensive stalwart team, but they actually collectively play defense more so than D'Antoni's Suns teams ever did, and Carlisle does coach defense. And, Gortat and Dampier will give "some" help defense whereas Marion got zero help defense from the likes of Amare Stoudemire. Not that age hasn't hit Marion and he won't struggle at all, but it's hard to compare the situation with his time in Phoenix considering what that team and coaching staff thought of defense.

Spursfan092120
07-09-2009, 10:00 AM

Absolutely...good luck to ya man...here's hoping the great games in the rivalry continue. :toast

stretch
07-09-2009, 10:00 AM
A large part of why Marion couldn't shut down PGs in Phoenix when he switched onto them is because most of the other Suns players didn't play any defense, much less team defense or help defense. D'Antoni didn't have defensive sets to help Marion out. They just expected him to stop individual players with individual defense. That's hard for any NBA player to do. Not that Dallas is a defensive stalwart team, but they actually collectively play defense more so than D'Antoni's Suns teams ever did, and Carlisle does coach defense. And, Gortat and Dampier will give "some" help defense whereas Marion got zero help defense from the likes of Amare Stoudemire. Not that age hasn't hit Marion and he won't struggle at all, but it's hard to compare the situation with his time in Phoenix considering what that team and coaching staff thought of defense.

Yeah, having other people who play defense, and someone in the middle who can legitimately clog the lane and make drivers think twice, helps a LOT.

Marion's defense is going to be better than people think IMO. I think he will definitely be able to play some solid defense against guys like Kobe and Lebron now that he actually has some help around him.

I've wanted Marion for some time now, but the more and more I think about this trade, the more and more excited I get for the coming season. I think I'm just glad Cubes finally made some moves.

Spursfan092120
07-09-2009, 10:01 AM

Marion's still got it, and Gortat is one of those guys that could be a star...eventually...Jefferson is one of only two players (Kobe being the other one) that averaged over 20 points a game over the last two years without missing a single game.

Spursfan092120
07-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Part of me was more worried about the Spurs than the Mavs. Douchey as he may be, if you have an owner that's willing to spend like Cuban bouncing back is always a possibility. I don't know what got Holt spending like he's got holes in his pockets, but these moves could make the I-35 rivalry as intense as ever and that's saying a lot.
I can tell ya the answer to that, bro...Tim Duncan's retiring in 2012..after all he's done for this team, he wants Timmy to have a ring for every finger on one hand.

Culburn369
07-09-2009, 10:08 AM
...and one to replace that strike ring wouldn't hurt, eh?

monosylab1k
07-09-2009, 10:09 AM
How will Mavs fan live with the torture of knowing they don't have Dickbreath to shit on when things go bad?

I was thinking the same thing, but thankfully Mark signed Quinton Ross to a contract. Ross is basically a poor man's Greg Buckner. And then we managed to get back Greg Buckner, who at this point in his career is a poor man's Quinton Ross.

We're all set with our whipping boys.

stretch
07-09-2009, 10:12 AM
kris humphries

Culburn369
07-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Ross is basically a poor man's Greg Buckner.

& some kind of purported "Kobe Stopper"...like Battier= hair & ass on fire.

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 10:23 AM
stretchy as long as Dirk shoots fadeaway jumpers over shooting guards he will be less than Duncan. I do expect a beastin year out of him, now that his bitch is out of the way.

Shank
07-09-2009, 10:23 AM
I was thinking the same thing, but thankfully Mark signed Quinton Ross to a contract. Ross is basically a poor man's Greg Buckner. And then we managed to get back Greg Buckner, who at this point in his career is a poor man's Quinton Ross.

We're all set with our whipping boys.

What do you mean by "boys"?

stretch
07-09-2009, 10:27 AM
stretchy as long as Dirk shoots fadeaway jumpers over shooting guards he will be less than Duncan. I do expect a beastin year out of him, now that his bitch is out of the way.

lol 4-1

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 10:29 AM
lol 4-1

lol you thinking Dirk>Tim

Findog
07-09-2009, 10:34 AM
What is up with all the homeless people in downtown Dallas? It's an epidemic. I just saw a homeless guy masturbating next to the lobby of my building (Harwood Center).

sribb43
07-09-2009, 10:35 AM
What is up with all the homeless people in downtown Dallas? It's an epidemic. I just saw a homeless guy masturbating next to the lobby of my building (Harwood Center)?

He just found out Marion is coming to town

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 10:39 AM
What is up with all the homeless people in downtown Dallas? It's an epidemic. I just saw a homeless guy masturbating next to the lobby of my building (Harwood Center).

It's those damn California transplants

stretch
07-09-2009, 10:39 AM
a friend just told me he heard on the radio that the league didnt approve the trade...

if this is true, the league is clearly fucking rigged and a conspiracy

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 10:41 AM
a friend just told me he heard on the radio that the league didnt approve the trade...

if this is true, the league is clearly fucking rigged and a conspiracy

Maybe the league is waiting to hear from Devean George on whether or not he's willing to forgo his bird rights

sribb43
07-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Maybe the league is waiting to hear from Devean George on whether or not he's willing to forgo his bird rights

he doesnt have those rights anymore after picking up his player option

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 10:43 AM
he doesnt have those rights anymore after picking up his player option

Maybe Devean George failed his physical

monosylab1k
07-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Maybe Devean George failed his physical

Dick Breath will find some way to fuck this up, I'm sure.

Muser
07-09-2009, 10:48 AM
George cock blocking the Mavs?

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 10:49 AM

Maybe the league office is closed in mourning of Michael Jackson

monosylab1k
07-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I've been searching and see nothing about this trade being rejected. But just in case, I'm getting a 20 year old chick ready to McNair me in the event that it is rejected.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Well, not quite, as Dampier had an entire season of 12&12 including nearly 5 offensive rebounds a game to go along with 5 FTAs and 2 blocks.

Gortat had a couple of games in the playoffs.

I'd forgotten that! But yes, he did indeed. Check this out, it says everything you need to know about Damp:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/erick_dampier/career_stats.html

Not could, he WILL be a MONSTER off the bench for us (as long as his knees hold up... *gulp*)

Marion's still got it, and Gortat is one of those guys that could be a star...eventually...Jefferson is one of only two players (Kobe being the other one) that averaged over 20 points a game over the last two years without missing a single game.

You're not serious are you? Really? Rotation player, even solid starter maybe, but "star"!?!? Not likely.

lol 4-1

Why set yourself up to be owned like that? That's so pathetic I'm not even going to bother to smack you around... :lmao

sribb43
07-09-2009, 11:04 AM
I've been searching and see nothing about this trade being rejected. But just in case, I'm getting a 20 year old chick ready to McNair me in the event that it is rejected.

Not even Dick Breathe can mess this trade up

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:07 AM

From whence come's Stack's "Dick Breath" moniker?

:lmao

You're really funny. I hadn't noticed before.

Trainwreck2100
Not even Dick Breathe can mess this trade up

He could get McNaired before the physical

sribb43
He could get McNaired before the physical

:depressed

BadOdor
07-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Not could, he WILL be a MONSTER off the bench for us (as long as his knees hold up... *gulp*)

lol spurs fan overating a rookie scrub.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Trainwreck, how the fuck did you manage that score on Tetris? Over 6,000,000 right?

Fuck me, I got to 73K and it felt like I'd won the lottery.

You must have otherwordly reflexes... or you hacked the program. :lol

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Trainwreck, how the fuck did you manage that score on Tetris? Over 6,000,000 right?

Fuck me, I got to 73K and it felt like I'd won the lottery.

You must have otherwordly reflexes... or you hacked the program. :lol

I did not hack the program, TimVp checked, besides two guys got to 4mil+

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:13 AM
lol spurs fan overating a rookie scrub.

Have you not seen how the kid plays? He's a one-man demolition team. Let's talk about this again 3 months into the season, after he's fucked your bigs in a way they didn't enjoy.

To be clear, I don't think he's going to put up big numbers, but he'll be a rebounding machine ala Kevin Love, and he'll hurt some bitches with physical defence. That's all we need him to do.

stretch
07-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Why set yourself up to be owned like that? That's so pathetic I'm not even going to bother to smack you around... :lmao

lol dirk > duncan

lol 4-1

lol 4 rings faggot

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:15 AM
I did not hack the program, TimVp checked, besides two guys got to 4mil+

I was kidding.

Do you start on level 10 and just have a really good sense for building 4-row completions in the blink of an eye? Maybe you should be a fighter pilot or something?

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 11:16 AM
lol 4 rings faggot

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/SonicRing.jpg/80px-SonicRing.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/SonicRing.jpg/80px-SonicRing.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/SonicRing.jpg/80px-SonicRing.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/SonicRing.jpg/80px-SonicRing.jpg

RuffnReadyOzStyle
lol dirk > duncan

lol 4-1

lol 4 rings faggot

So now you're owning yourself?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

sribb43
via Twitter

matrix31: "What's up tweeps its official ur boy is a maverick that's what's up"

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 11:17 AM
I was kidding.

Do you start on level 10 and just have a really good sense for building 4-row completions in the blink of an eye? Maybe you should be a fighter pilot or something?

I played tetris ALOT as a child

JamStone
07-09-2009, 11:18 AM

Pussy. At least be a "man" like Michael Jackson and overdose on prescribed drugs so that you feel the pain for about two years before actually dying.

endrity
07-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Can anyone post Hollinger's analysis of this? I wanna know what the number cruncher has to say.

Also, any info on Kris Humphries is appreciated. Since he will most likely be the replacement for Bass I'd wanna know what we are dealing with here.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:19 AM
If you watch for long enough, eventually sribb's sunglass moron and Trainwreck's bouncing ball synchronise for a second or two... :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Will you Mavs fans miss Bass? Give him a valediction for me.

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Pussy. At least be a "man" like Michael Jackson and overdose on prescribed drugs so that you feel the pain for about two years before actually dying.

McNair went out like a man, in the bed of his mistress.

JamStone
07-09-2009, 11:22 AM
McNair got shot in his sleep by a girl. Going out like a man would be her shooting him while she was in reverse cowgirl.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I played tetris ALOT as a child

What's your favourite game of all time?

endrity
07-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Will you Mavs fans miss Bass? Give him a valediction for me.

If he leaves I definitely will, he probably became my second favorite Mav after Dirk.

That's why I wanna get some more info on Humphries, haven't seen him play very often.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Fuck, sribb said he'd get a chick to McNair him I thought he meant "go down" (as in get tackled/get a head job). Why'd she shoot him?

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-09-2009, 11:24 AM
McNair went out like a man, in the bed of his mistress.

What I heard was that he got shot while sitting on a couch. If anything I'd say he went out like Greg Oden's knee.

Findog
07-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Can anyone post Hollinger's analysis of this? I wanna know what the number cruncher has to say.

Also, any info on Kris Humphries is appreciated. Since he will most likely be the replacement for Bass I'd wanna know what we are dealing with here.

It's all about prying the window open as long as you can. And with this week's moves to re-up Jason Kidd, sign Marcin Gortat to an offer sheet and acquire Shawn Marion in a four-team deal, the Mavs are doing all they can to keep it from slamming shut while Dirk Nowitzki is still in his prime.

Wednesday's complicated four-way deal with Orlando, Toronto and Memphis sends Marion to the Mavs on a five-year deal worth an estimated $39 million, and his running ability should make him a deadly complement to Kidd in transition. As part of the deal, the Mavs also get Memphis' Greg Buckner and Raptors forward Kris Humphries, an underrated and productive player who likely takes over Brandon Bass' role as a scoring big man off the bench.

Buckner's contract isn't fully guaranteed and he'll likely be waived, but he won't be the only one after the trade is completed. The Mavs sent Jerry Stackhouse to Memphis along with $3 million in cash, and the Grizzlies will waive Stackhouse since he's only guaranteed $2 million of his $7 million salary. Dallas also sent Antoine Wright and Devean George to Toronto as part of the deal.

Memphis also gets guard Quincy Douby from Toronto, whose deal is also not guaranteed. At the end of the day, the Grizzlies earned $2.5 million for renting their cap space for the deal: the cash from Dallas minus the $500,000 difference between Buckner's $1.5 million guarantee and Stackhouse's $2 million.

Orlando's participation was agreeing to sign-and-trade Hedo Turkoglu to Toronto rather than allowing the Raptors to sign him directly. The Magic will get a trade exception worth approximately $8 million as a result, which gives them an option for adding personnel should their pursuit of big men with the midlevel exception not work out.

Meanwhile, Toronto wriggled out of the bind their deal with Turkoglu put them in. The Raptors had to either renounce their rights to several players to give him the five-year, $53 million deal they'd agreed to or had to work a sign-and-trade for Turkoglu.

By obtaining him this way, they become huge winners in this trade. Toronto's acquisition is now technically a trade, which means two things for the Raptors. First, they got a passable wing reserve in the deal in Dallas' Wright, and second, they still can use their midlevel and biannual exceptions to round out their roster this summer.

This is huge for the Raps, as their roster otherwise would have been completely denuded. I was already getting e-mails from Toronto fans with questions like "Think we can get Matt Barnes for the minimum?" Now they can pursue some added backcourt help with their exceptions and make a real run at the playoffs.

In fact, by only getting the trade exception, Orlando let them off the hook quite cheaply. The Magic got cash in the deal, and that always helps, but I'm amazed they didn't get a draft pick or some other form of compensation for their trouble. They've enabled a conference rival to escape from a mess of their own making at shockingly little cost. Orlando is well over the luxury-tax line already and might never use the exception. And besides, they already had a midlevel exception available to use. The Magic should have demanded more to let Toronto off the mat.
[+] EnlargeDirk Nowitzki
D. Clarke Evans/NBAE/Getty ImageAdding Marion gives Dallas another opportunity to capitalize on Dirk Nowitzki's prime seasons.

Nonetheless, it's the Mavs that are the story here. It's likely small forward Josh Howard would move to shooting guard to start games, while Jason Terry finishes them, and that the Mavs will often play small with Nowitzki and Marion as a tandem up front. If so, they can create a potentially fearsome starting five of Kidd, Howard, Marion, Nowitzki and Gortat, with a quality second unit of J.J. Barea, Terry, Quinton Ross, Humphries and Erick Dampier behind them. Should they re-sign Bass, an unrestricted free agent, they'd be even more formidable.

That said, this could all go to hell amazingly fast. On opening day, Kidd will be 36, Dampier 34, Terry 32, Nowitzki 31 and Marion 30; Howard also turns 30 in April. Of their top seven players, only Gortat could be described as in his prime, but he has the opposite problem: He's so untested that there's still some uncertainty surrounding how he'll perform as a 30-minute starter.

On the other hand, based on last season's performance, this team looks like a real danger to the West's elite. Dallas boasts eight players who had a PER above the league average last season -- nine if Bass re-signs -- and one of them is a genuine star in Nowitzki.

In a Western Conference in which several of the contenders appear to be shrinking rather than rising, the Mavs are trying to seize the opening for a credible rival to the Lakers to emerge. Thanks to Mark Cuban's willingness to spend freely on a winner, they might have done it. However, Dallas will once again pay far above the luxury tax, and if the age bug strikes, Cuban's dollars might buy a shockingly average team.

But they have a chance to be really good, and at this point it's more than a lot of teams can say. I don't know what Marion has left in his legs, and in most situations I wouldn't be willing to pay almost $40 million over five years to find out. But in this situation, Dallas seized a unique opportunity presented by Toronto's Turkoglu snag. In doing so, they've managed to keep that window open at least one season longer.

Finally, while I have your attention, a few other news items warrant further discussion:

• The Blazers' rumored pursuit of Paul Millsap is a decent risk for Portland. The team has talked about getting more physical since losing to Houston in the first round, and Millsap adds that dimension. He's also capable of playing with LaMarcus Aldridge in the same frontcourt if need be. Additionally, Utah might not be in a position to match, given its intolerable luxury-tax situation.

Portland can offer five years, $45 million with its current cap space, or five years, $52 million if they renounce their rights to Joel Freeland and Petteri Koponen. I like the former arrangement for two reasons. First, there's no reason to go punting away two assets for no reason. And second, $52 million is too much money for Millsap.

Actually, $45 million is too much, given he'll be coming off the bench, but it's a little easier to justify for Portland because they have a short window to use this cap space and obtain talent. They can always make a trade somewhere down the road to even out the roster.

Matching an offer for Millsap would put the Jazz $11 million over the luxury-tax threshold at the lower contract, $12 million at the higher. That's another reason not to bother with the $53 million: It really doesn't change the economics much for the Jazz.

During the seven days Utah has to match, the two sides could also agree to a sign-and-trade with the same contract terms for Millsap. If Utah included Kyle Korver and took back Travis Outlaw and the rights to Koponen and Freeland, the Jazz would only be $2 million over the tax and could probably dump the remaining salary at the trade deadline if need be.

Finally, Utah could preemptively agree to a sign-and-trade before Millsap inked an offer sheet with Portland. In that case, he could get a six-year deal with 10 percent raises. The carrot for Utah would be to include Matt Harpring in the above trade instead of Korver. Millsap would get a six-year, $55 million deal in that scenario and the Jazz would only be about half a million dollars over the tax threshold.

• In a little piece of bookkeeping business, Houston got a $5.7 million disabled player exception for Yao Ming and used that instead of the midlevel exception to sign Trevor Ariza.

This preserves Houston's midlevel and theoretically makes it possible for them to double-dip and pursue somebody like Bass or Milwaukee guard Ramon Sessions. But that's only in theory. I doubt Houston will use its midlevel given its need to avoid the tax this season and preserve cap space for next summer. But it's a nice option to keep around in case they need it later in the season. Since the Rockets only have 45 days to use the injured player exception but all season to use the midlevel -- and the salary afforded by each was the same -- it made sense to do it this way.

• Signing Jannero Pargo to a one-year deal was a great coup for the Bulls for a few reasons. First of all, they needed a fourth guard now that Ben Gordon left for Detroit. And since Derrick Rose and Kirk Hinrich are both big point guards, he can play off the ball with either and switch assignments on defense.

Second, the one-year part is crucial. Chicago needs to preserve as much cap space as possible for a year from now, when they could potentially make a run at Chicago native Dwyane Wade or some of the other juicy free agents. That's also why you're hearing Tyrus Thomas' name so much; Chicago can only get big cap room if it doesn't make him a qualifying offer, so better to trade him now and get something in return than be left high and dry a year from now.

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 11:25 AM
McNair got shot in his sleep by a girl. Going out like a man would be her shooting him while she was in reverse cowgirl.

Why do you think he was asleep? Cause he had just finished porking the dumb slut

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:26 AM
If he leaves I definitely will, he probably became my second favorite Mav after Dirk.

That's why I wanna get some more info on Humphries, haven't seen him play very often.

I bet he ends up in Orlando. They've got no-one in their frontcourt after you guys stole Gortat and they sent Battie to the Nets.

Second favourite Mav, eh? Cool. I always like him too - seems like a lunchpail guy, no nonsense, tries his hardest, always caused us freakin headaches.

stretch
07-09-2009, 11:28 AM
So now you're owning yourself?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

lol you have a lot to learn about the nba forum

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:31 AM

That I do.

I'm starting to enjoy it though, the humour is dry.

Why So Serious
07-09-2009, 11:32 AM
great move my otis smith and BC.

SpursFan0728
07-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Toronto has amazingly good ownership. Even with all those years of losing, they're constantly trying to get a better team. Good for the Canadians.

Correctly me if I am wrong but I think Raps are own by Ontario Teacher's Association or something. But yea I agree that they have an amazingly good ownership.

loveforthegame
07-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Good move for the Mavs. They gave nothing up and get Marion in return. Even if he's not the player he once was he'll benefit from the double teams Dirk will draw and be the beneficiary of all those lobs from Kidd.

JamStone
07-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Why do you think he was asleep? Cause he had just finished porking the dumb slut

You kick dumb sluts out of the house after porking them.

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 11:36 AM
You kick dumb sluts out of the house after porking them.

He couldn't do that legally, she was on the lease, so yes he fucked up there

45 bank shot
07-09-2009, 11:40 AM
[quote=stretch;3540042 And Dirk > Duncan for sure.

oh yeah, when it comes down to choking. I guess nobody is > Dirk

JamStone
I thought Kris Humphries was going to be a pretty good player in the league out of college. At Minnesota, he was a beast, put up similar stats to Carmelo's one year at Syracuse. Humphries is really strong, but I think he's got the problems of that "in-between" combo forward. Not quick and athletic enough to play the small forward position consistently and not quite tall and long enough to be effective at the power forward spot. He's still got very good skills and really good strength. If he gets consistent minutes as the back-up PF, I think he still has the potential to be a solid player in the league. He's still pretty young at 24 years old.

endrity
Thanks Findog.

Ruffy, I liked Bass because he seemed like he always played hard, and was probably the only Mav who attacked the basket at will. We don't have much of those guys. I hope we keep him.

stretch
07-09-2009, 11:41 AM
That I do.

I'm starting to enjoy it though, the humour is dry.

best forum on the internet

Why So Serious
07-09-2009, 11:41 AM
why the hell are people arguing about Mcnair in this thread.

JamStone
07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
He couldn't do that legally, she was on the lease, so yes he fucked up there

Didn't the murder-suicide happen at a condo McNair and another friend owned? I thought I read the other owner of the condo is who found them, and that's how he got in, because he has a key to the condo as well.

Not that any of these posts are serious anyway. I'm just saying.

Trainwreck2100
why the hell are people arguing about Mcnair in this thread.

why so serious?

stretch
oh yeah, when it comes down to choking. I guess nobody is > Dirk

manu ginobili choked a whole series away in one play

http://www.basketinfo.com/IMG/jpg/nowitzki_ginobili.jpg

and you fail at quoting

endrity
07-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I thought Kris Humphries was going to be a pretty good player in the league out of college. At Minnesota, he was a beast, put up similar stats to Carmelo's one year at Syracuse. Humphries is really strong, but I think he's got the problems of that "in-between" combo forward. Not quick and athletic enough to play the small forward position consistently and not quite tall and long enough to be effective at the power forward spot. He's still got very good skills and really good strength. If he gets consistent minutes as the back-up PF, I think he still has the potential to be a solid player in the league. He's still pretty young at 24 years old.

I remember him too at Minnesota. He is a bit like a white Bass. I don't know if he has that 15 footer the way Bass does. I think it made Bass' life a lot easier that he could shoot like that, because the Mavs used a lot of the same plays that they did for Dirk. He was very interchangable in a way.

stretch
07-09-2009, 11:43 AM
why so serious?

fail

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Didn't the murder-suicide happen at a condo McNair and another friend owned? I thought I read the other owner of the condo is who found them, and that's how he got in, because he has a key to the condo as well.

Not that any of these posts are serious anyway. I'm just saying.

That's right, but i assumed he rented it for her, kinda like how he got her the car.

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 11:45 AM
manu ginobili choked a whole series away in one play

http://www.basketinfo.com/IMG/jpg/nowitzki_ginobili.jpg

and you fail at quoting

He had the right to do that though, he made the shot to put them over the top so it was his to throw away. That's what the Spurs get for going down 3-1

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks Findog.

Ruffy, I liked Bass because he seemed like he always played hard, and was probably the only Mav who attacked the basket at will. We don't have much of those guys. I hope we keep him.

Yeah, I guess we saw him the same way. I was also surprised by how hot he could get from midrange. I hope you don't keep him. ;)

best forum on the internet

Certainly very different feel from the Spurs area.

Think I'll visit more often for the spartan, humourous vibe.

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 11:46 AM
fail

success

JamStone
07-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Even if he was renting it for her, it was under his name and a friend of his (not her). And, yesterday, the police chief said the girl herself was making payments on the Escalade. Doesn't mean he didn't help with a down payment or with her monthly notes, but it's possible.

stretch
07-09-2009, 11:47 AM
He had the right to do that though, he made the shot to put them over the top so it was his to throw away. That's what the Spurs get for going down 3-1

you team is up 3 points with like 10 seconds to go... your opponent drives for a 2... and you foul him?

that was a fucking dumbass foul. no need to justify it.

Why So Serious
07-09-2009, 11:48 AM
why so serious?
:sleep:rolleyes

fail at using my username

stretch
07-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Certainly very different feel from the Spurs area.

Think I'll visit more often for the spartan, humourous vibe.

NBA forum >>>>>> Spurs forum

stretch
07-09-2009, 11:49 AM
i fail

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:50 AM
In this thread, stretch and Trainwreck are the two tough, smartarse kids who always one-up each other.

It has potential.

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 11:50 AM
:sleep:rolleyes

fail at using my username

You really shouldn't be so serious though, it can lead to hypertension

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:52 AM
you team is up 3 points with like 10 seconds to go... your opponent drives for a 2... and you foul him?

Sad but true.

As dumbass as not fouling and backing off the 3pt shooter when you're up by 3, ala Nelson and Fish.

NBA forum >>>>>> Spurs forum

Depends on what your want from your online life.

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 11:53 AM

i really don't know if the Spurs would have won the championship, had they won that series, Championship teams don't go down 3-1, and they sure as hell don't get into such a deficit in a game 7 at home.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 11:53 AM

He hasn't got the vibe yet.

Trainwreck2100
07-09-2009, 11:54 AM
i succeed and my success has limitless bounds

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 12:04 PM
i really don't know if the Spurs would have won the championship, had they won that series, Championship teams don't go down 3-1, and they sure as hell don't get into such a deficit in a game 7 at home.

Yeah, our bench sucked major arse... fucking Nasty Nick Van Useless, Nazr Just As Useless (althoug he was good in 2005), Beno "Do I like Girls or Am I One?" Udrih... ugh.

We got two points from the bench that day, TWO!!! Off six shots.

I remember clearly the sinking feeling when Manu committed that foul. You just knew Dirk was gonna hit the FT, and that we were done because all our energy had been used up in the comeback.

Yeah, we didn't deserve to go further that year. Bad vibes.

Why So Serious
07-09-2009, 12:11 PM
:wow:lol

stretch
07-09-2009, 12:22 PM

Honestly, I have always thought that the 2006 Spurs was actually the best of all the Spurs teams. They just ran into the Mavs, who was a really good team too, and a bad matchup. Basketball is a game of matchups, no question about it.

ploto
07-09-2009, 02:32 PM

Good back-up when he isn't being a black hole on offense.

ploto
07-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Meanwhile, Toronto wriggled out of the bind their deal with Turkoglu put them in. The Raptors had to either renounce their rights to several players to give him the five-year, $53 million deal they'd agreed to or had to work a sign-and-trade for Turkoglu.

By obtaining him this way, they become huge winners in this trade. Toronto's acquisition is now technically a trade, which means two things for the Raptors. First, they got a passable wing reserve in the deal in Dallas' Wright, and second, they still can use their midlevel and biannual exceptions to round out their roster this summer.
Yep- Raptors get Hedo and also pick up Wright and George while still keeping their rights to Delfino and their MLE. Good job.

I notice the lack of comment from a certain BC hater.

Gino
07-09-2009, 02:42 PM

Ummm...theres no way in hell the Spurs would have lost to the 2006 Suns (whom they would have probably swept) and the 2006 Heat.

Just my opinion, anyway.

ElNono
07-09-2009, 04:03 PM
That was a stupid foul. But it only tied the game, and we still had one more chance to win it and overtime, both of which we blew. I thought we ran out of gas that series.

Back in topic, what's the latest on this? Is Marion going to be a Mav or not?

stretch
07-09-2009, 04:08 PM
yes Marion is a Maverick

Findog
07-09-2009, 04:10 PM
And Gortat will most likely be a Mav. Small, outside chance the Magic will match, so have to still wait it out.

pkbpkb81
07-09-2009, 04:45 PM
mav's fans remind me of longhorn fan

stretch
07-09-2009, 04:52 PM
mav's fans remind me of longhorn fan

hmmm...

mavs own spurs

longhorns own sooners

fair enough

LakerHater
07-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Damn, they HAD to giv'em a 5 year deal

DAMN :lol

manufor3
07-09-2009, 06:01 PM

Welcome!!! Ignore some of these posters (Ghazi to name 1)

djohn2oo8
12-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Mavs win on this by a landslide

The Matrix in Dallas!
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/84726/MarionFlush.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eT0bKD4G72DB/520x.jpg

That's our ST, all multi-fanural and shit... get used to the conflict, it's part of this place. Just don't take it too seriously - after all, it's just a messageboard... best one on the net, but still just a forum. ;)

kidd
howard
marion
dirk
gortat

terry off the bench

could be sick. hopefully gortat doesnt end up being a bust the way dampier did when they got him off golden state

The Mavs could take down any of the favorites so far:

Lakers
Spurs
Orlando and Cleveland...

They deserve a lot of respect they're stacked as well...

Bump :lol

pauls931
12-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Pho will give you Robin Lopez for him.

Shank
12-22-2009, 11:45 PM
They lose a game to the Blazers thanks to the braindead Jason Terry and a Marion thread gets bumped? Really?

badfish22
12-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Bump :lol

still happy about the trade.

dirk4mvp
12-22-2009, 11:49 PM
lol rocket fans obsession with the mavericks.

mavsfan1000
12-22-2009, 11:53 PM
This team would be amazing if they are were all 3 years younger.

Come_On_Now
12-22-2009, 11:55 PM
This team is amazing when more than two players decide to show the fuck up.

Many PackYao
12-22-2009, 11:55 PM
lol rocket fans obsession with the mavericks.
Hoody hoo!

dirk4mvp
12-22-2009, 11:56 PM
lmao slayer

the devil is cool right?

sribb43
12-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Epic fail

Ghazi
12-23-2009, 12:12 AM
too much free time