PDA

View Full Version : Mariah Carey Apologizes for Jackson Memorial Performance Us Magazine - July 8, 2009 7

Gervin44Silas13
07-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Mariah Carey performs at the Michael Jackson public memorial service held at Staples Center on July 7, 2009 in Los Angeles, CA. Kevork Djansezian/Getty ImagesUs Magazine Mariah Carey wishes she had done a better job performing Jackson 5's biggest hit, "I'll Be There," at Michael Jackson's memorial Tuesday at Los Angeles' Staples Center.
In a post on her Twitter page, the singer (who wore a black Jenny Packham gown to the service) says she was just too overcome with emotion. As Carey sang the song with frequent collaborator Trey Lorenz, photos of Jackson flashed on a huge screen above them.
"Trying to sing today was basically impossible for me," writes Carey. "I could barely keep myself from crying. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to pull it together and really do it right, but I was literally choked up when I saw him there in front of me."

Look back at photos of Michael Jackson and his children through the years

"One thing I know is, we will never really have to say goodbye to MJ. His legacy lives on through his music and the millions of people. He inspired with his timeless music. He will be forever in our hearts," she adds.

Gervin44Silas13
07-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Mariah Carey performs at the Michael Jackson public memorial service held at Staples Center on July 7, 2009 in Los Angeles, CA. Kevork Djansezian/Getty ImagesUs Magazine Mariah Carey wishes she had done a better job performing Jackson 5's biggest hit, "I'll Be There," at Michael Jackson's memorial Tuesday at Los Angeles' Staples Center.
In a post on her Twitter page, the singer (who wore a black Jenny Packham gown to the service) says she was just too overcome with emotion. As Carey sang the song with frequent collaborator Trey Lorenz, photos of Jackson flashed on a huge screen above them.
"Trying to sing today was basically impossible for me," writes Carey. "I could barely keep myself from crying. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to pull it together and really do it right, but I was literally choked up when I saw him there in front of me."

Look back at photos of Michael Jackson and his children through the years

"One thing I know is, we will never really have to say goodbye to MJ. His legacy lives on through his music and the millions of people. He inspired with his timeless music. He will be forever in our hearts," she adds.

Give me a a break Mariah.... your as fake as your cheek and boob implants! Please go back to your "Giltter" era when you sucked!

SpursStalker
07-09-2009, 09:25 AM
:wgaf:

ashbeeigh
07-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I'd be apologizing to Nick Cannon if I were Mariah.

CosmicCowboy
07-09-2009, 10:35 AM
she has implants? I know they are monsters but why would she pay for saggy implants?

Why So Serious
07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
she sounded like shit.

ploto
07-09-2009, 02:52 PM
You could tell she had been crying before she ever started to sing. Some of you all are mean. I hope you don't lose someone soon about whom you care.

mrsmaalox
07-09-2009, 03:32 PM
You could tell she had been crying before she ever started to sing. Some of you all are mean. I hope you don't lose someone soon about whom you care.

I agree I don't think she had anything to apologize for, she did fine; I'm sure it was one of the most difficult things she's ever done.

SonOfAGun
07-09-2009, 04:41 PM
At least she got on the stage.

Wouldn't want to hear about another celeb tantrum like after the Obama convention.

pkbpkb81
07-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I agree I don't think she had anything to apologize for, she did fine; I'm sure it was one of the most difficult things she's ever done.

She should apologize for what she had on it seemed a little inappropriate for a memorial.

and one day she will meet mj again

in hell

ok so that wasent appropriate eaither sorry

Thunder Dan
07-10-2009, 06:59 AM
I was waiting for this. She practically ruined my day with awfulness

Obstructed_View
07-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Dead child molesters always make me cry, but I ususally manage to be able to pull it together enough to sing.

Trainwreck2100
07-10-2009, 11:47 AM
she should only apologize for thinking she is still relevant

Obstructed_View
07-10-2009, 12:23 PM
She should apologize for what she had on it seemed a little inappropriate for a memorial.

She was probably crying because she caught a glimpse of what she looked like in it. MJ's funeral had to sort of cement the reality for a lot of those people that plastic surgery doesn't fix everything.