Spurs_9_20_21
07-09-2009, 10:36 AM
PG-Parker/Hill/McClinton
SG-Mason/Ginobili/Hill/McClinton/Hairston/Finley
SF-Jefferson/Gist/Hairston/Finley
PF-Duncan/Blair/Gist/Mahnimi/McDyess/Haislip/Bonner
C-McDyess/Mahinmi/Haislip/Bonner

Total Players;
Tony Parker/Hill/McClinton/Mason/Ginobili/Hairston/Finley/Jefferson/Gist/Duncan/Blair/Mahinmi/McDyess/Haislip/Bonner
15 Players Total
Tell me what you think about my roster! Don't hate, I know I have a lot of young players like Gist, McClinton, Mahinmi and Hairston. Tell me who you think should replace them. I think we should get Dahntay Jones.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Um, your roster is pretty much the players we have... there's no surprises there.

Jones signed with the Pacers for 4yrs, 11mil.

I don't want to be a prick, but maybe you could read some threads before posting one?

urunobili
07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
I likee... OP is full of win and the way i want the roster too :tu

bus driver
07-09-2009, 11:46 AM
PG-Parker/Hill/McClinton
SG-Mason/Ginobili/Hill/McClinton/Hairston/Finley
SF-Jefferson/Gist/Hairston/Finley
PF-Duncan/Blair/Gist/Mahnimi/McDyess/Haislip/Bonner
C-McDyess/Mahinmi/Haislip/Bonner

Total Players;
Tony Parker/Hill/McClinton/Mason/Ginobili/Hairston/Finley/Jefferson/Gist/Duncan/Blair/Mahinmi/McDyess/Haislip/Bonner
15 Players Total
Tell me what you think about my roster! Don't hate, I know I have a lot of young players like Gist, McClinton, Mahinmi and Hairston. Tell me who you think should replace them. I think we should get Dahntay Jones.

were is #12???:wakeup

tp2021
07-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Trade Bonley for Foster, sign Bruce.

And the Drive for Five is on. Get ice for Dice.

Kori Ellis
07-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm not sure Gist will make the team, and I think the Spurs will make at least one more move. They are probably trying to get a defender at the wing and a real backup point.

And if Finley is on the team, I don't think he's behind Gist, Hairston, Hill and McClinton in the wing rotation. Hopefully he's at least behing Jefferson, Ginobili and Mason though :)

Kori Ellis
07-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Um, your roster is pretty much the players we have... there's no surprises there.

Umm... the post is about the order of the rotation.

loveforthegame
07-09-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure Gist will make the team, and I think the Spurs will make at least one more move. They are probably trying to get a defender at the wing and a real backup point.

And if Finley is on the team, I don't think he's behind Gist, Hairston, Hill and McClinton in the wing rotation. Hopefully he's at least behing Jefferson, Ginobili and Mason though :)

Kori, do you think it's more likely they move Mason or Finley?

Kori Ellis
07-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Kori, do you think it's more likely they move Mason or Finley?

I'm not sure. I'm guessing that they are looking for moves that involve any of Mason/Finley/Bonner, but who knows.

sananspursfan21
07-09-2009, 12:06 PM
nice, but there are rumors circulating about a trade. wonder who's traded and who's coming to san an?

FvckMavs
07-09-2009, 12:09 PM
The fact that Finley put his house in market makes me believe he may not be here at the beginning of the season.

Buddy Holly
07-09-2009, 12:24 PM
What about this trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nqkhud

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Trade Bonley for Foster, sign Bruce.

And the Drive for Five is on. Get ice for Dice.

Hey, you nicked that from me! :lol

Umm... the post is about the order of the rotation.

So, Dice is behind Blair/Gist/Mahnimi in the PF rotation? I missed the subtlety of it I guess.

To me, it just looks like all the players we have with lots of "/"s between them, but then again I've been posting for most of the day so I'm probably Spurs-saturated.

FvckMavs
07-09-2009, 12:26 PM
What about this trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nqkhud

ask yourself why warriors want to do that?

Buddy Holly
07-09-2009, 12:28 PM
ask yourself why warriors want to do that?

Three expiring contracts worth almost 10 million. Why not?

4RINGS
07-09-2009, 12:29 PM

I agree, Gist is prob. a year or two away.

Kori Ellis
07-09-2009, 12:29 PM

So, Dice is behind Blair/Gist/Mahnimi in the PF rotation? I missed the subtlety of it I guess.

Yes, I think the OP is saying Dice will be the starting center and a backup at PF.

FvckMavs
07-09-2009, 12:30 PM

I don't believe they want to trade Jack. His contract is not bad.

Buddy Holly
07-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't believe they want to trade Jack.

Their team is up for sale. Trimming a 4 year deal would be attractive to potential buyers.

hater
07-09-2009, 12:32 PM
The Gist will make the team. Do not doubt the Gist

coyotes_geek
07-09-2009, 12:32 PM

What do the warriors want expiring contracts for? They've already got enough salary committed to other guys that will have them over the cap.

Buddy Holly
07-09-2009, 12:34 PM
What do the warriors want expiring contracts for? They've already got enough salary committed to other guys that will have them over the cap.

Actually they'll only have 49 million committed next summer. Drop 10 more from that and they can be serious players next summer.

coyotes_geek
07-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Actually they'll only have 49 million committed next summer. Drop 10 more from that and they can be serious players next summer.

The NBA is hinting that next year's cap could be down close to $50. Add in the cap hit for draft picks and their cap room isn't worth much more than the MLE.

Buddy Holly
07-09-2009, 12:41 PM
If you actually think the cap will be 50 million in 2011 I have a bridge to sell you in the south pole.

bigdog
07-09-2009, 12:43 PM
If you actually think the cap will be 50 million in 2011 I have a bridge to sell you in the south pole.

Actually, the NBA told teams this week, that next year's cap is going to be between 50 and 53 million, probably closer to 50 million.

Spurs_9_20_21
07-09-2009, 12:43 PM

The roster is in no order. I just put the players where they play their position. So if someone is last like Finley I just put him there because he plays that position

coyotes_geek
07-09-2009, 12:44 PM

Good point about Gist. Is there really a point to signing him now if there aren't any minutes for him? The Spurs might be better off promising him Finley's roster spot next year and asking him to spend one more year overseas.

coyotes_geek
07-09-2009, 12:45 PM

You can go try to sell that bridge to David Stern because he's the one floating that number. Of course I'm sure you know more about the cap estimates than he does.

Spurs_9_20_21
07-09-2009, 12:45 PM

Jones signed with the Pacers for 4yrs, 11mil.

I don't want to be a prick, but maybe you could read some threads before posting one?
Oh ok I make sure to do that. It's just I wanted to see if any one wanted to make any changes or anything or if anybody liked it :)

mingus
07-09-2009, 12:46 PM

To me, it just looks like all the players we have with lots of "/"s between them, but then again I've been posting for most of the day so I'm probably Spurs-saturated.

no , it's not just today, you've been a complete douchebag in many of your other posts as well from what i've read.

tp2021
07-09-2009, 12:47 PM

I sure did. I gave you credit the first time I did it

45 bank shot
07-09-2009, 12:48 PM
why do so many people want to trade all of mason, finley and Bonner. If we do so, isn't this team gonna be full of players who haven't played on the spurs and it'll take them some time to learn this system. This won't be that good to the well-being of the team, right? I'd say we keep players like Mason and Finley, let them help the young guns learn and get rid of Bonner

Spurs_9_20_21
07-09-2009, 12:49 PM
By the way, the roster is in no specific order. I just wanted to put the players down at the position they play. So if someone is last, like Blair is before McDyess, it's because I started this a few days ago and just added McDyess to the list.

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2009, 12:49 PM
why do so many people want to trade all of mason, finley and Bonner. If we do so, isn't this team gonna be full of players who haven't played on the spurs and it'll take them some time to learn this system. This won't be that good to the well-being of the team, right? I'd say we keep players like Mason and Finley, let them help the young guns learn and get rid of Bonner

trade them for jack

2 spaces left, ask matt barnes would he come here for the min

sign some veteran backup pg

45 bank shot
07-09-2009, 01:10 PM
trade them for jack

2 spaces left, ask matt barnes would he come here for the min

sign some veteran backup pg

if this goes down, the only players who have played on this spurs team for more than 4 years are Tim, Tony and MAnu and I believe it'll take the rest quite a while to fit in

scottspurs
07-09-2009, 02:17 PM
C=Duncan/Mahinmi
PF=Mcdyess/Blair/Haislip
SF=Jefferson/Bowen/Hairston
SG=Mason/Manu/McClinton/Hill
PG=Parker/Hill

For now: Last two spots for Bonner/Finley

Let me explain:

1. Many of you are putting McClinton as a PG. RC clearly stated they are not going to put him at point guard. He is a Eddie House or Steve Kerr type player who will come in to provide the Spurs with a 3 ball weapon.

2. Bonner and Finley- They could be on the roster to start the season or maybe not. That is why I left the last two roster spots open. I doubt we find a trade partner for them until the Allstar break/Trade Deadline. Like it or not Pop will give them minutes if they are on the team. At least at the start of the season he will go with them because they know the system and they can help the youngsters/newbies learn. The result will be McClinton/Hairston will be on the Roster, but get their playing time in Austin at least at the start of the season.

If the Spurs were to trade Bonner/Finley now they would probably not get much in return. It would just be a salary dump 2 for 1. They may even get a bad contract. So I think the Spurs will hold onto them for now. If they hold onto them they could get a way better player during the Allstar break/Trade Deadline. Teams will fall out of the race and want to shed salary so they can be players in the Summer of 2010 or their just cheap and want to shed salary.

3. Gist- I believe James Gist will start the season with the Austin Toros. I think the FO wants to develop him into a hybrid 3/4 player who can play on the wing and in the post when the spurs go small ball. In Austin they can develop him into that type of player while he also has the advantage of learning the Spurs System which he may not have fully grasped yet because he spent last season in Europe. If or when Bonner/Finley got traded he would be brought up to fill the roster. (I do note that this is a RISK because another team can come in an sign him or so I believe. I'm not sure what the rule would be with his rights if he were to play with the Toros.)

4. Marcus Williams- I don't think he will be apart of the spurs next season. I think his time has passed. They will hold onto his contract for the time being, incase they can find a trade, and they could use his contract to match salaries. If not he will be released and the only way he will remain in the Spurs plans is if he decides to play with the Toros.

5. I believe Bruce Bowen is coming back. The Bucks are holding onto him for now incase they can find a Trade, but come August 1 the Bucks or some other team will release him. It just doesn't make sense for them to keep him. I don't buy into all this Bruce and Coach Pop don't like each other crap. Thats just stupid. Bruce wants to come back and Pop/RC would welcome him with open arms for the Vet Minimum for 1 year. Bruce is a class act and he would agree to that. Bruce is vaulable beyond whatever minutes he would receive. As of right now the only Vets we have that know the system are (Parker, Finley, Manu, Bonner, and Duncan). We need to add Bowen to that group because he is the best mentor out of all of them. Bowen would also be someone we could bring in for late game defense to try and shut down the opposing teams best player. This would be even more of a need during the playoffs. He could come in and guard a player who is on a Hot streak. The Hot streak would be over.

Just my two cents on the roster. Peace.

scottspurs
07-09-2009, 02:48 PM
one more thing

6. If Bowen was not to come back I believe the Spurs should keep the last roster spot open incase a Veteran is released during the season that could help the spurs.