PDA

View Full Version : you heard it here first

stretch
07-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Dallas or San Antonio will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals this year.

BOOK IT!

The_Game
07-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Dallas? LMAO

Dr. Gonzo
07-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Shawn Marion is such a proven winner he will help Dirk and Jason Kidd, the other proven winners, to the Finals!!

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
07-09-2009, 03:43 PM
http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/bitch-please-even-a-7-year-old-can-see-youre-full-of-shit-demotivational-poster.jpg

timvp
07-09-2009, 03:44 PM
I just hope the Mavs and the Lakers are on the other side of the bracket.

hater
newsflash: Marion blows (especially in the playoffs) *especially vs. the Spurs

ginobili's bald spot
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

stretch
07-09-2009, 03:45 PM
joke and laugh all you want, fuckers.

when june 2010 comes around and one of the I-35 rivals are still playing, you will remember... FOREVER... the day i made this guarantee.

stretch
07-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I just hope the Mavs and the Lakers are on the other side of the bracket.

as a spurs fan, who would you fear facing more? the mavericks or the lakers?

IronMexican
07-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Gnarly.

I should make one of these for the Raiders, that way if some fucking miracle does happen, and they do make the Super Bowl, I can bump that thread. But, if they don't, no one will remember.

stretch
07-09-2009, 03:47 PM
newsflash: Jefferson blows (especially in the playoffs) *especially vs. the Mavs since he is now a Spur and the Mavs are known to facefuck the Spurs these days

stretch
07-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Gnarly.

I should make one of these for the Raiders, that way if some fucking miracle does happen, and they do make the Super Bowl, I can bump that thread. But, if they don't, no one will remember.

yup

:lol

Cry Havoc
07-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Screw it. Let's go out and get the #1 seed in the WC.

BlackSwordsMan
07-09-2009, 03:52 PM
spurs? ROFL

VivaPopovich
07-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Spurs or Lakers

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Gnarly.

Don't count on it around here. There's some vindictive motherfuckers with long memories. If the Spurs and Mavs both lose I can almost guarantee that there are Spurs fans who will bump this thread just to remind a Mavs fan that they were wrong about something.

timvp
07-09-2009, 03:55 PM
as a spurs fan, who would you fear facing more? the mavericks or the lakers?

Lakers because of Kobe and probably not having Bowen. But the Mavs very well could beat the Spurs again. If Gortat averages 10, 10 and 2 and Marion can find his shooting stroke again, Spurs vs. Mavs is going to be a war (assuming the Spurs stay healthy).

Right now it looks like the Lakers are the top tier, Spurs and Mavs are the next tier and then Nuggets and Blazers the third tier. The Hornets, Jazz, Suns and Rockets look to be heading south.

ginobili's bald spot
07-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Honestly there are only two teams in the west that are any good. No one else is a threat at all.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Lakers because of Kobe and probably not having Bowen. But the Mavs very well could beat the Spurs again. If Gortat averages 10, 10 and 2 and Marion can find his shooting stroke again, Spurs vs. Mavs is going to be a war (assuming the Spurs stay healthy).

Right now it looks like the Lakers are the top tier, Spurs and Mavs are the next tier and then Nuggets and Blazers the third tier. The Hornets, Jazz, Suns and Rockets look to be heading south.

Marion can't shoot for shit in the playoffs......That fuckin moron threw away game 5 bricking a wide open three pointer that would have forced OT.

stretch
07-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Don't count on it around here. There's some vindictive motherfuckers with long memories. If the Spurs and Mavs both lose I can almost guarantee that there are Spurs fans who will bump this thread just to remind a Mavs fan that they were wrong about something.

LOL you're probably right.

stretch
07-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Marion can't shoot for shit in the playoffs......That fuckin moron threw away game 5 bricking a wide open three pointer that would have forced OT.

The thing is, the Mavs don't need him to be taking a lot of shots. They need him to hustle, run the floor, and just take whats open. Dirk, Howard, Terry, and Kidd will still likely be the focus of the offense.

In Phoenix, he was relied upon a lot more for offense than he would be here. He still will get his opportunities, but he won't be relied upon. The pressure will be less on him than it was in Phoenix, since the Mavs have multiple guys who can create their own shots, unlike in Phoenix where the only guy who could create ANYTHING was Nash (and at times Diaw when he actually played aggressive).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-09-2009, 04:10 PM
The thing is, the Mavs don't need him to be taking a lot of shots. They need him to hustle, run the floor, and just take whats open.

This would be as simple as you make it if Marion had an IQ above 60. In order for Marion to remain focused on defense and hustle, he needs to have the green light to take retarded ass shots. If he doesn't, and he doesn't get his touches, he'll eventually zone out and go on auto-pilot.

ElNono
07-09-2009, 04:13 PM
The thing is, the Mavs don't need him to be taking a lot of shots. They need him to hustle, run the floor, and just take whats open. Dirk, Howard, Terry, and Kidd will still likely be the focus of the offense.

In Phoenix, he was relied upon a lot more for offense than he would be here. He still will get his opportunities, but he won't be relied upon. The pressure will be less on him than it was in Phoenix, since the Mavs have multiple guys who can create their own shots, unlike in Phoenix where the only guy who could create ANYTHING was Nash (and at times Diaw when he actually played aggressive).

He wasn't. He just had to shoot his quota or he would disappear. I mean, Marion left the Suns bitching about how he didn't get enough touches.

bostonguy
The pressure will be less on him than it was in Phoenix, since the Mavs have multiple guys who can create their own shots, unlike in Phoenix where the only guy who could create ANYTHING was Nash (and at times Diaw when he actually played aggressive).

Question. Late in games who other than Dirk will be that #2 option? Howard seems to play his best ball the first 3 quarters (I dont understand why he cant do that in the 4th). It isnt a knock. It just has been making me very curious. Mavs addressed several needs so far but this is the one that I worry about for them.

timvp
Serious question for Mavs fan and I'm not being a homer even though the question sounds homerish: Why didn't the Mavs go after Richard Jefferson instead of Marion? They had what the Bucks wanted (expiring/non-guaranteed contracts) and he would have been a little bit more of a fit because he plays SG/SF instead of SF/PF. If the Mavs had Kidd, Jefferson, Howard, Nowitzki and Gortat, they would have massively leapfrogged the Spurs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-09-2009, 04:18 PM
He wasn't. He just had to shoot his quota or he would disappear. I mean, Marion left the Suns bitching about how he didn't get enough touches.

This is right. Just because you don't need Marion to take a lot of shots doesn't mean he won't, it's not that simple. Marion's brain is a few fries short of a happy meal and I wish I could explain why he disappears if he doesn't take his "quota" as ElNono put it but no one understands how his tiny ass brain processes thoughts.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Serious question for Mavs fan and I'm not being a homer even though the question sounds homerish: Why didn't the Mavs go after Richard Jefferson instead of Marion?

As much as Marion drove me crazy I'd still take Marion over Jefferson.

Warlord23
07-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Health permitting, this might turn out to be a keen race for seeding in the West all season long.

CubanMustGo
07-09-2009, 04:27 PM

I agree, though RJ will fit into the Spurs mold better. If I was in the FO for anyone else I'd probably want Marion and it's not like the Mavs really gave up much to get him. Impressive dealing by Donnie and Mark.

timvp
07-09-2009, 04:30 PM

Meh in 2007 Finley took Marion mostly out of that series by just running back on defense. Even Antoine Wright can curbstomp Finley's defense.

Then again, maybe the Mavs don't think the Spurs aren't on their level and went after a guy who beat the Lakers twice in the playoffs.

Findog
07-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Serious question for Mavs fan and I'm not being a homer even though the question sounds homerish: Why didn't the Mavs go after Richard Jefferson instead of Marion? They had what the Bucks wanted (expiring/non-guaranteed contracts) and he would have been a little bit more of a fit because he plays SG/SF instead of SF/PF. If the Mavs had Kidd, Jefferson, Howard, Nowitzki and Gortat, they would have massively leapfrogged the Spurs.

I think defensively they still believe in Marion's ability to guard multiple positions, whereas Jefferson is not known as being a great defender. I'm sure in San Antonio he will do fine, and sometimes reps don't always match (Jefferson/mediocre d, Marion/good d), but I believe that is why they got Marion. They have enough guys to create their own shot (Dirk, Josh, Jet, Barea), plus Gortat is in theory at least not going to be an offensive liability like Dampier. And Marion can't create his own shot very well, but he's great when the play breaks down and he's cleaning something up. Plus Marion is a one-man fastbreak and he is as natural a running partner for Kidd as you're going to get, even though Kidd doesn't lead the break as much as he did when he was younger.

Mavs get better defensively and Marion, despite his offensive flaws, still makes us tougher to guard as well. Marion counts as a two-way player, and you can never have enough of those.

Findog
07-09-2009, 04:36 PM
I suspect though that if Marion is still a Mav in three years we won't be happy with his performance. I think he's got at least two good years left in him.

LEONARD
07-09-2009, 04:47 PM
I agree with stretch...

stretch
07-09-2009, 04:55 PM
I think defensively they still believe in Marion's ability to guard multiple positions, whereas Jefferson is not known as being a great defender. I'm sure in San Antonio he will do fine, and sometimes reps don't always match (Jefferson/mediocre d, Marion/good d), but I believe that is why they got Marion. They have enough guys to create their own shot (Dirk, Josh, Jet, Barea), plus Gortat is in theory at least not going to be an offensive liability like Dampier. And Marion can't create his own shot very well, but he's great when the play breaks down and he's cleaning something up. Plus Marion is a one-man fastbreak and he is as natural a running partner for Kidd as you're going to get, even though Kidd doesn't lead the break as much as he did when he was younger.

Mavs get better defensively and Marion, despite his offensive flaws, still makes us tougher to guard as well. Marion counts as a two-way player, and you can never have enough of those.

couldnt have said it better myself

Culburn369
07-09-2009, 04:57 PM
When he can't get a shot off in the playoffs (because of his release point) you'll call him everything but a black man.

anakha
07-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Hopefully Marion's no longer the same guy who wasn't happy about his role in the offense despite being in a system tailor-made to his strengths.

Ghazi
07-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Shawn Marion is such a proven winner he will help Dirk and Jason Kidd, the other proven winners, to the Finals!!

Not that I think the Mavs are going to the Finals, but this logic is dumb considering it could've been said about Pierce/Garnett/Allen before 2008, and Gasol/Odom in 2009.

TwinTowers
07-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Having Marion and Gortat doesn't solve the lack of inside scoring for the Mavs. At best they will be like the run & gun Suns, but we all know well how that translates into championships

Culburn369
07-09-2009, 06:14 PM
...O & 41 & counting.

Findog
07-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Having Marion and Gortat doesn't solve the lack of inside scoring for the Mavs. At best they will be like the run & gun Suns, but we all know well how that translates into championships

Mavs are probably still short of LA after this move, but the Mavs are a decent defensive team. Those Suns teams never played any D outside of Marion.

Culburn369
07-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Mavs are >>>probably<<< still short of LA after this move

LOL. And Courtney Lee >>>probably<<< made those layups.

TwinTowers
07-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Mavs are probably still short of LA after this move, but the Mavs are a decent defensive team. Those Suns teams never played any D outside of Marion.

Mavs might play better D, but who is going to get the easy buckets inside when Dirk's shooting is off? Gortat, Dampier, Marion? Dallas doesn't have anybody who can score in the post in crunch time

IronMexican
07-09-2009, 06:36 PM

I'll be sure to bump this shit if neither makes it to the WCF.

Ghazi
07-09-2009, 06:36 PM
My man Fish insinuates another move is on the horizon! Truth or gossiP!

Im still holding out hope we can raid Charlotte for some of their pieces. I like Felton! and Bell! ANDDD Okafor.

Culburn369
07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
What's the point, Dirk already threw a turd in pool when he said something to affect that he "don't mind losing he just wants to feel good about his fellow man." I think that's basically what Odom told Kobe when he lighted in Los Angeles and Kobe went off on Dr. Buss. I'm only kiddin' about Odom. He didn't say that. It was Radmo who said it.

Tacker
07-09-2009, 06:55 PM

when june 2010 comes around and one of the I-35 rivals are still playing, you will remember... FOREVER... the day i made this guarantee.

Stfu fagbag you owe me $50

afireinside20
07-09-2009, 06:58 PM
It's going to be either the Spurs or Lakers.

mavsluva
07-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Dallas or San Antonio will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals this year.

BOOK IT!

If you're so confident in your prediction with the whole "book it" statement, then you'll bet your entire well being on it TODAY. Should you do this, then you'll then have the opportunity of dishing out the "I told you so's" at the end of next season.

Otherwise, you're just another poster and should simmer down with your predictions.

carrao45
07-09-2009, 08:04 PM
well i suppose he's half-right

stretch
07-09-2009, 08:49 PM
If you're so confident in your prediction with the whole "book it" statement, then you'll bet your entire well being on it TODAY. Should you do this, then you'll then have the opportunity of dishing out the "I told you so's" at the end of next season.

Otherwise, you're just another poster and should simmer down with your predictions.

you must be new here

DxB
07-09-2009, 08:52 PM

hahahahhaha is that kris humphries? hhahaahah

BlackBellamy
07-09-2009, 08:58 PM

Man, 99% of Mavs fan's threads are baiting people for fights or trying to make you laugh with half logic or total lack of it. The Mavs fans on this board are great to pay attention to, but you gotta know their shtick. It might pay to develop a grasp on their separate personalities before having in-fights.

BlackBellamy
07-09-2009, 09:01 PM
you must be new here

Your restraint with your fellow Mavs fan is commendable. Spurs fans tend to chew up the new guys. :toast

Culburn369
07-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Spurs fans tend to chew up the new guys.

They're an easy clean: ya hit 'em with the strike ring malarkey and they run off lookin' for the report button &/or the ignore button.

BlackBellamy
07-09-2009, 09:27 PM
They're an easy clean: ya hit 'em with the strike ring malarkey and they run off lookin' for the report button &/or the ignore button.

:lol Ya, that's a touchey one on a Spurs board. I don't know what would make someone so anti-confrontational that they would ever resort to using the ignore on a Web forum... pffft. Seems like such a quitter move, not to mention pussy.

KSeal
07-09-2009, 09:32 PM

BOOK IT!

:lmao

Maybe if you had this current team in 2004 form.

The Mavs will be a fifth or sixth seed and lose in the second round.

Gunnery Sgt Hartman
07-09-2009, 09:40 PM

Who the fuck do you think you are, you twinkle-toed cock sucking motherfucker?!?! What the fuck do you think you are doing, bringing knives to a gunfight, Priave Mavsluva?!?!

GET THE FUCK OUT, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Get your ass some fucking training, and in 6 months, you can come get the shit kicked out of you just a little less pathetically you lamebrained, scumbag, piece of shit!!! Now drop and give me 20, or I will definitely FUCK YOU UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staff Sgt. Dignam
07-09-2009, 09:42 PM

Who the fuck do you think you are, you twinkle-toed cock sucking motherfucker?!?! What the fuck do you think you are doing, bringing knives to a gunfight, Priave Mavsluva?!?!

GET THE FUCK OUT, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Get your ass some fucking training, and in 6 months, you can come get the shit kicked out of you just a little less pathetically you lamebrained, scumbag, piece of shit!!! Now drop and give me 20, or I will definitely FUCK YOU UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Spurstalk, Mavsluva.

Now go blow yourself, you lace curtain motherfucker.

pkbpkb81
07-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Stfu fagbag you owe me $50

you blew him for 50 buck

that's gross

Culburn369
07-09-2009, 10:06 PM
[quote=BlackBellamy;3542549]:lol Ya, that's a touchey one on a Spurs board.quote]

Spursfans (on this Board and in general) put on an air of royalty, an upper class standard, like your shit don't stink. And that's ok, it's your personna. Of course it's borne of Duncan, driven by Manu, confirmed by Pop. Parker just watches, and that's ok.

Dallas has one too: it's helter/skelter, grasping/clasping, "the little engine that could."

Findog
07-09-2009, 10:09 PM
What's the point, Dirk already threw a turd in pool when he said something to affect that he "don't mind losing he just wants to feel good about his fellow man."

Dirk's never said anything like that. Find the quote or shut up.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-09-2009, 10:10 PM

Nowitzki has been to the finals and Kidd has been there twice.

redzero
07-09-2009, 10:14 PM
The Hornets will get to the Western Conference Finals after they curbstomp the Mavericks, who will take out the Spurs in the first round.

http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/StompIllegalAliens.gif

The guy being curbstomped is the Mavs.

Ghazi
07-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Hornets will be lucky to make the playoffs next year FWIW

redzero
07-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Hornets will be lucky to make the playoffs next year FWIW

Who's going to take their place? Last season was an off year.

BlackBellamy
07-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Spursfans (on this Board and in general) put on an air of royalty, an upper class standard, like your shit don't stink. And that's ok, it's your personna.

I agree that it exists, but doesn't that apply to every (remotely successful) fan-base? As far as I've noticed, regarding how you tend to post on this board, your take on our fans seems to be a case of the pot calling the kettle black. And that's ok, too.

Ghazi
07-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Who's going to take their place? Last season was an off year.

Remains to be seen since player movement is not complete yet but Memphis/Golden State/Oklahoma City/Phoenix are teams that could easily be better than the Hornets next year.

Last year wasn't an off year, last year was a .500 team overachieving. I expect regression to the mean will take place and the Hornets will win 38-42 games this year :).

121-63

Ditty
07-09-2009, 10:24 PM
mavs will not make in past the second round this team does not bond well at all

marion is not the same player in 2005 when we beat the suns and that was the peak of his career imagine now marion has never been a guy that has played well against the spurs espically with all the talent at that time in phoenix

gortat is a clumsy center who will get burned by many bigger centers i guarntee i predict mavs will be the 4th seed beat the nuggets in a tougher than thought series in the 1st and lose in a good series against the lakers

redzero
07-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Remains to be seen since player movement is not complete yet but Memphis/Golden State/Oklahoma City/Phoenix are teams that could easily be better than the Hornets next year.

Last year wasn't an off year, last year was a .500 team overachieving. I expect regression to the mean will take place and the Hornets will win 38-42 games this year :).

121-63

It couldn't possibly be because of all the injuries, could it? If Tyson Chandler actually played more than half the season, the Hornets would have still won 49 games? Your act is old.

Either way, the Hornets can still kick the Mavs' asses, with or without Chandler.

Findog
07-09-2009, 10:30 PM
It couldn't possibly be because of all the injuries, could it? If Tyson Chandler actually played more than half the season, the Hornets would have still won 49 games? Your act is old.

Either way, the Hornets can still kick the Mavs' asses, with or without Chandler.

Your team lost a home playoff game 121-63. That means your guys have no pride and won't play hard for their coach. On paper, Dallas has leapfrogged New Orleans.

Findog
07-09-2009, 10:31 PM
And the Hornets are a two-man team that has already tuned out their coach. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs next year. Nothing personal against the Hornets, I think they've just regressed.

redzero
07-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Your team lost a home playoff game 121-63. That means your guys have no pride and won't play hard for their coach. On paper, Dallas has leapfrogged New Orleans.

The injured, burnt out Hornets lost a playoff game at home against the Denver Nuggets. Both the Mavericks and the Hornets lost in five, so it doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Byron Scott is a shitty coach anyway. Chris Paul won him that Coach of the Year. He already made the team worse through refusing to substitute in valuable players. Instead, he just chose to play all of his starters 40+ minutes per game a few games before the playoffs. I'll take any coach over him.

BlackBellamy
07-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Your team lost a home playoff game 121-63. That means your guys have no pride and won't play hard for their coach.
I dunno man, I mean the Lakers were demolished by 39 in an elimination game for the league title, and they end up coming back to win it all the next year. I agree that Dallas is hands down better than this Hornets team, but a bad beat in a past play-off (in my opinion) should not be an indication of the level of play that a team can reach the next year. That being said, New Orleans doesn't look any better this year.

Findog
07-09-2009, 10:41 PM
I dunno man, I mean the Lakers were demolished by 39 in an elimination game for the league title, and they end up coming back to win it all the next year. I agree that Dallas is hands down better than this Hornets team, but a bad beat in a past play-off (in my opinion) should not be an indication of the level of play that a team can reach the next year. That being said, New Orleans doesn't look any better this year.

Maybe I put too much stock in that game, but they were at home and not facing elimination. But I don't see any moves that they've made to get better.

Texas Chili Dog
07-09-2009, 10:44 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP! :lobt2:

BlackBellamy
07-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Maybe I put too much stock in that game, but they were at home and not facing elimination. But I don't see any moves that they've made to get better.

Their bloated pay-outs for players put them up shit creek, while the rest of the play-off contenders in the West (save Houston with injury and Denver more or less staying put) all got better this off-season. It would be a frustrating time to be a Hornets fan.

Findog
07-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Their bloated pay-outs for players put them up shit creek, while the rest of the play-off contenders in the West (save Houston with injury and Denver more or less staying put) all got better this off-season. It would be a frustrating time to be a Hornets fan.

Yeah, I think Dallas is now in the "right there" category. I wouldn't put us ahead of LA or San Antonio on paper, but I think an upset in a 7-game series is possible.

BlackBellamy
07-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I think Dallas is now in the "right there" category. I wouldn't put us ahead of LA or San Antonio on paper, but I think an upset in a 7-game series is possible.

We (Spurs and Mavs) don't play 'basketball games', we wage epic battles (last year being the anomaly) where certainly, anything is possible. I look forward to testing all these new look teams in the west. The Mavs have done a pretty decent job with their FA, I must admit. They kinda kept it low key, and I didn't know what to make of bringing in the players that they did on an individual level. But in looking over the complete of their additions one must give props to their F.O. addressing the needs of the team to keep some sort of pace with the other elite cities.

Findog
07-09-2009, 11:15 PM
We (Spurs and Mavs) don't play 'basketball games', we wage epic battles (last year being the anomaly) where certainly, anything is possible. I look forward to testing all these new look teams in the west. The Mavs have done a pretty decent job with their FA, I must admit. They kinda kept it low key, and I didn't know what to make of bringing in the players that they did on an individual level. But in looking over the complete of their additions one must give props to their F.O. addressing the needs of the team to keep some sort of pace with the other elite cities.

I think the West has lost some quality now. I have it like this right now:

1. LA
2. SAS
3. DAL
4. DEN
5. PORT

The only teams I don't have making the playoffs are the Kings, Wolves and Grizz. Teams like the Clippers, Warriors and Zombie Sonics are long shots and one of them might break through. That leaves the Suns, Hornets, Rockets and Jazz as the mediocre bunch most likely to grab the last three seeds.

BlackBellamy
07-09-2009, 11:21 PM

1. LA
2. SAS
3. DAL
4. DEN
5. PORT

The only teams I don't have making the playoffs are the Kings, Wolves and Grizz. Teams like the Clippers, Warriors and Zombie Sonics are long shots and one of them might break through. That leaves the Suns, Hornets, Rockets and Jazz as the mediocre bunch most likely to grab the last four seeds.

Ya, I don't know if it's more a case of the 'rich getting richer', or 'the more things change, the more they stay the same'. I agree with your ranking, but I s'pose we'll both get to see how it all pans out in the regular season. All these new players (even sure thing pick-ups) bring a sense of uncertainty to the conference. One thing is certain, it will be a very interesting year. Uhh... enough with the niceties... Four rings phaggit! :lol

redzero
07-10-2009, 01:24 AM
I got some ruth for yo ass... if the Lakers go into the playoffs with HCA in the West, well you know that rest.

The Hornets will sweep them in three and cause Phil Jackson and Jack Nicholson to have heart attacks simultaneously.

Ghazi
07-10-2009, 01:33 AM
And the Hornets are a two-man team that has already tuned out their coach. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs next year. Nothing personal against the Hornets, I think they've just regressed.

1 man team is more appropriate. David West is a scrub who would be the 4th-6th best player on a lot of the upper echelon teams (Celtics/Lakers/Spurs/Nuggets/Mavs/Cavs). Hell w/ Gortat/Marion additions the entire starting 5 of Dallas is better than the Hornets' 2nd best player :lol. And I'm truly not exaggerating.

lol 121-63

Nothing personal against the Hornets, but 07-08 was a fluke.

redzero
07-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Yeah, the Hornets scored fluke points. West gets twenty fluke points per game. Peja Stojakovic gets 12.9 fluke points per game. Chris Paul scores 22.8 fluke points and gets 10.9 fluke assists a game. The Hornets won 49 fluke games while injured. They get fluke rebounds, fluke steals, force fluke turnovers and have fluke fans.

Every other team wins games or loses games. The Hornets either win fluke games or just lose.

Ghazi
07-10-2009, 01:54 AM

1. LA
2. SAS
3. DAL
4. DEN
5. PORT

The only teams I don't have making the playoffs are the Kings, Wolves and Grizz. Teams like the Clippers, Warriors and Zombie Sonics are long shots and one of them might break through. That leaves the Suns, Hornets, Rockets and Jazz as the mediocre bunch most likely to grab the last three seeds.

I anticipate the West may be somewhat like the East last year with a cluster of teams in the 30-40 win range as opposed to 6 atrocious teams as was the case in the West last year. Warriors/Clippers have some talent but were derailed by injuries last year, OKC showed great improvement after an abysmal start... Memphis gets older and improved its frontline w/ Randolph/Thabeet... etc. Not sure about Minnesota, I think they'll blow though.

Sacramento surely will suck though and would have to consider it a good year if they cracked 20 wins :lol

IronMexican
07-10-2009, 02:01 AM
Findawg, Portland #5? I think they are #2. Roy, Aldridge and Oden are only going to get better. If they land Odom, I'd have them at #1.

BlackBellamy
07-10-2009, 02:10 AM
Findawg, Portland #5? I think they are #2. Roy, Aldridge and Oden are only going to get better. If they land Odom, I'd have them at #1.

They have to quit being this theoretical, critical darling that we're all having to wait on and show me the proof of their legitimacy before I, personally, would ever rank them that high. The team obviously has talent, but I think they could only (at this point) be fairly placed as high as number 4 in the west.

Buddy Holly
07-10-2009, 06:28 AM
I honestly don't think Dallas improved much with this trade and potential signing of Gortat. Who I think will be matched.

I think Denver is third in the west with Dallas and Portland battling for 4th place.

Allanon
07-10-2009, 07:12 AM
Oh yeah, another Stretch classic...Lakers obviously have no chance.

I've subscribed to this thread so I can easily bump it in May.

:lmao

symple19
07-10-2009, 09:25 AM

BOOK IT!
won't be dallas

Dr. Gonzo
07-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Nowitzki has been to the finals and Kidd has been there twice.

How did those visits to the Finals turn out?