PDA

View Full Version : I think we should only play Timmy and Manu 25 Min per game.

iilluzioN
07-10-2009, 01:56 AM
We should sign gooden for the LLE, and we can have Gooden and Dyce playing the majority of the game... and give Timmy and manu only 25 min per game or so.

Only then till theres 1 month left till the playoffs we should play them 30-35 min....

TheSpursFNRule
07-10-2009, 02:18 AM
K!

Spurtacus
07-10-2009, 02:21 AM
Not so sure Gooden will sign for the LLE or vet minimum.

Timmy should be around 30. Last season he was at 33.6.

Manu around 27 sounds right.

VivaPopovich
07-10-2009, 02:26 AM
manu needs to rework the way he plays. at his age and health, he cant be falling on the floor 3-4 times a game

hell, even one of those falls hurts like hell

Whisky Dog
07-10-2009, 02:26 AM
25 min per game? You must really hate winning and want to destroy Parker. You realize the Spurs look to have a lot of inexperience on the bench, right?

timvp
07-10-2009, 02:28 AM
That take failed on an astounding number of levels.

Spurtacus
07-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Manu's MPG average
02/03: 20.7
03/04: 29.4
04/05: 29.6
05/06: 27.9
06/07: 27.5
07/08: 31.0
08/09: 26.8

25 is a stretch but 27 or 28 sounds reasonable. Jefferson can assist in picking up the scoring void.

Danny.Zhu
07-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Come on......

Gooden will definitely not sign an LLE or a vet min.

iilluzioN
07-10-2009, 02:56 AM
all im trying to say, is that we need a heathly Timmy and Manu in order to go anywhere in the playoffs.

If timmy or Manu is hurt. its all over.

poeticism707
07-10-2009, 02:58 AM
all im trying to say, is that we need a heathly Timmy and Manu in order to go anywhere in the playoffs.

If timmy or Manu is hurt. its all over.

This certainly is not a bad idea.

I'd do it if the rest of the Spurs were good enough to pick up the slack.

bdictjames
07-10-2009, 03:02 AM
As long as we're winning enough to get the 1st seed. We're gonna need all the help we can get against the Lakers.

poeticism707
07-10-2009, 03:05 AM
As long as we're winning enough to get the 1st seed. We're gonna need all the help we can get against the Lakers.

Very true, but getting the first seed without developing the young players will be meaningless.

I'd rather not have home court advantage with the Lakers and developed young players, than home court advantage with undeveloped young players going against the Lakers.

The Lakers would slaughter the Spurs if they're young players aren't developed, potential or no.

spursbird
07-10-2009, 03:09 AM
We should give the time to young players to make them develop. Tim and Manu should rest more.

L.I.T
07-10-2009, 05:10 AM
Very true, but getting the first seed without developing the young players will be meaningless.

I'd rather not have home court advantage with the Lakers and developed young players, than home court advantage with undeveloped young players going against the Lakers.

The Lakers would slaughter the Spurs if they're young players aren't developed, potential or no.

If you want to develop our "young players" signing Gooden and playing him and Dice the majority of the minutes is the exact wrong way to go.

As the team is constituted right now in the front court...there is going to be plenty of minutes going to Blair/Mahinmi/Haislip. If you figure Duncan will be playing around 28-30 minutes a game and Dice at 25 minutes, that leaves around 40 minutes to be divvied up amongst Blair/Mahinmi/Haislip/Bonner + small ball.

Of course, I am all for signing a solid defensive veteran big who can pitch in 15-20 minutes a game - again the exact opposite of Gooden.

holcs50
07-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Fine with me as long as others can step up. I just want a healthy team AND pop to have his rotations down by playoffs!

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-10-2009, 05:50 AM

Disagree on that. We should be aiming at the 1st place and the HCA. Until proven otherwise Lakers > Spurs. They don't need any other advantage.

I know there have been many discussions on whether HCA and seeding is that big of an advantage, but the last two playoffs have changed my mind about it. I remember before the playoffs in 2008 there were a lot of teams in the West really tightly positioned and a few wins/losses would change seedings dramatically. In some article Pop was quoted saying he couldn't care less which place we finish because all teams were very good. At the time I totally agreed with this stance. However what happened was that we finished 3rd and were drawn into an exhausting series with Suns and then with NO ( without HCA ), while the Lakers were pacing themselves against much easier competition. So it wasn't a surprise that by the time the WCFs began we were injured and tired while they were in a much better shape. One could also argue that Boston wouldn't have become champs without their HCA throughout the playoffs.

While there's no denying that health should come first, I think we have to go all out for the 1st seed. It'd be also expected of Lakers to have a bit of a championship hangover and start slowly, so we ought to take any advantage over them. Developing the younger players would be great, but it's not essential against LA in the playoffs after the addition of McDyess.

spursfan1000
07-10-2009, 06:27 AM
Id say about 30 mins for Duncan and 28 for Manu. Dont rest Duncan too much we need a good playoff spot. Richard Jefferson and TOny Parker can take over the scoring load while Duncan and Manu are resting.