PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford: Top 25 FA remaining: Spurs intrested in Rasho?

scottspurs
07-10-2009, 01:31 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=FreeAgents09-090709

By Chad Ford
ESPN.com

Restricted free agent David Lee averaged 16 points and 11.7 rebounds this past season for the Knicks.

The annual free-agent frenzy has begun in earnest. NBA general managers have thrown an economic crisis and a lowered salary cap to the wind and are spending big bucks again this year.

Ben Gordon earned the richest deal of the group, netting a five-year, $55 million contract from the Pistons. Hedo Turkoglu, Ron Artest, Trevor Ariza, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Marion, Antonio McDyess and Charlie Villanueva all changed teams quickly. And a few free agents such as Jason Kidd, Anderson Varejao and Mike Bibby decided to re-up with their teams.

Despite the initial flurry, a number of free agents remain on the market. The majority of them are restricted free agents. Most GMs are reluctant to make offers to restricted free agents because they have to wait seven days to see whether the player's current team will match that offer. That fear has kept most off the market so far.

With very few teams -- the Thunder, Kings, and Blazers -- significantly under the cap, most of these players will have to settle for re-signing with their own teams, the midlevel exception or sign-and-trades.

Here's the latest look at which players are available and where they could land:

Key:
UFA = unrestricted free agent
RFA = restricted free agent
(teams have seven days to match any offer for a restricted free agent)

1. David Lee, Knicks (RFA)
Teams interested: Knicks, Blazers, Thunder
Salary range: $8-10 million per year

Lee is a double-double machine who has become a favorite among New York fans and coaches around the league. The Knicks have a goal of clearing cap space for 2010, meaning they might not be in a position to match a substantial offer sheet. So Lee is the rare top-notch restricted free agent whom an opposing team might be able to steal away. At least in theory. The Grizzlies flirted with making him an offer but then backed away. The Blazers also have toyed with the idea but haven't pulled the trigger.

2. Paul Millsap, Jazz (RFA)
Teams interested: Jazz, Thunder, Blazers
Salary range: $8-10 million per year
With Carlos Boozer out for most of this past season, Millsap proved he has the potential to be an All-Star power forward. He is unstoppable on the boards and can put the ball in the basket. Detroit, Memphis and Oklahoma City were all potentially interested, but no one has made him an offer. The Blazers are the latest suitors and are reportedly putting together a "toxic" offer that the Jazz won't want to match.

The Jazz want to bring him back. But because Boozer hasn't opted out of his contract, there's a small chance the Jazz won't be able to match another team's offer to Millsap, especially if it's a huge offer of $10 million-plus per year. If Millsap can't get that offer, he may have to settle for less to play in Utah or, alternatively, take the one-year qualifying offer and become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2010.

3. Lamar Odom, Lakers (UFA)
Teams interested: Lakers, Cavs
Salary range: $6-8 million per year

Odom is one of the most interesting free agents on the open market. With Kobe, Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum on L.A.'s roster, the Lakers don't desperately need him, especially now that they've spent $33 million on Ron Artest.

Still, Odom is a great team guy who can rebound and initiate the offense, and he doesn't need the ball to be effective. He wants a lot of money to stay with the Lakers, but if they won't pay it, who will? He may have to settle for the midlevel exception if he can't make a deal with L.A.

4. Andre Miller, Sixers (UFA)
Teams interested: Sixers, Blazers, Pacers
Salary range: $5.5-7 million per year
At age 33, Miller is coming off two of the best seasons of his career. Can the Sixers afford to lose him? Some GM who needs a veteran point guard will be willing to gamble on Miller this summer if he gives up his $10 million per season demands.

5. Marvin Williams, Hawks (RFA)
Teams interested: Hawks, ???
Salary range: $5.5-7 million per year
Williams has as much raw talent as anyone else in the draft class of 2005, but he has been frustratingly inconsistent in his first four seasons with the Hawks. Williams has struggled to receive any offers from a team because rival GMs are convinced the Hawks will match. Although he probably will stay in Atlanta, he hasn't played well enough to earn anything close to the $60-64 million, five-year contract that fellow '05 classmate Danny Granger signed this past fall.

6. Raymond Felton, Bobcats (RFA)
Teams interested: Bobcats, Sixers
Salary range: $5-6 million per year
Felton has been looking over his shoulder at Larry Brown's young protégé, D.J. Augustin, who performed well enough as a rookie that it's unlikely the Bobcats would match a big offer sheet for Felton.

Felton can dish out assists, but his poor shooting has hampered his career. If the Bobcats can get Felton for the midlevel exception, I think they'll keep him. Given that all the money has really dried up out there, I think his return to the Bobcats is likely.

7. Josh Childress, Hawks (RFA)
Teams interested: Bucks, Pacers
Salary range: $4-6 million per year
Childress shocked many in the NBA by deciding to bolt for Greece last summer. He'll likely be back in the NBA eventually, but it's unclear whether he'll decide to return in the fall. However, with bad blood lingering over how his negotiations went with Atlanta last summer, he probably won't return to the Hawks, even though they still hold his rights.

8. Ramon Sessions, Bucks (RFA)
Teams interested: Bucks, Warriors, Heat, Blazers, Pacers, Rockets
Salary range: $4-6 million per year
Teams are always in pursuit of point guards, especially ones who won't break the bank, and Sessions has caught the eye of a number of teams. With the Bucks struggling financially, they may not be able to match an offer.

9. Allen Iverson, Pistons (UFA)
Teams interested: Grizzlies, Bobcats, Bulls, Heat
Salary range: $3-5 million per year
Iverson's late-season disappearance didn't help his reputation. He's still a good player, but two nagging questions will hurt his case for a big deal: One, with the exception of that magical season in Philly under Larry Brown, is Iverson a winner? Two, does he have much left? The answer to the first question seems to be no. The answer to the second question seems to be a qualified yes. The Grizzlies seem to have the most interest at the moment, with owner Michael Heisley pondering whether to offer Iverson a one-year, $5 million deal.

10. Nate Robinson, Knicks (RFA)
Teams interested: Knicks, Kings
The Knicks probably can't afford to keep Robinson as they try to re-sign David Lee and clear cap space for LeBron James (and/or others). Look for Sacramento, among other teams, to make a run at him, especially after the Kings made a big play for him at the trade deadline.

11. Jarrett Jack, Pacers (RFA)
Teams interested: Pacers, Sixers, Warriors
Salary range: $3-4 million per year
Jack beat out T.J. Ford for the Pacers' starting point guard position at the end of the season. He might get offers in the range of the midlevel exception, and it's not clear whether the Pacers can afford to re-sign him.

12. Linas Kleiza, Nuggets (RFA)
Teams interested: Nuggets, Knicks, Cavs, Raptors
Kleiza is an up-and-coming forward who drew a lot of interest at the trade deadline. He's physical and can score and should land a deal around the midlevel exception.

13. Glen Davis, Celtics (RFA)
Teams interested: Celtics, Pistons
Davis might be expendable now that the Celtics have signed Rasheed Wallace. Still, teams are wary of giving him an offer sheet on the off chance that the Celtics could match.

14. Grant Hill, Suns (UFA)
Teams interested: Suns, Knicks, Celtics
Hill is mulling offers from both the Suns and Knicks. The Suns provide a more stable situation, but the Knicks look to be offering more money. That's a little bizarre considering where the Knicks are in their developmental process … but you know Mike D'Antoni loves his former Suns players.

15. Brandon Bass, Mavericks (UFA)
Teams interested: Mavericks, Pistons, Magic, Blazers
Salary range: $2.5-4 million per year
Bass is big, athletic and still pretty young. All that is appealing to teams that need size and can get Bass for less than the midlevel exception. I think the Pistons are in the lead for his services at the moment.

16. Channing Frye, Blazers (UFA)
Teams interested: Suns, Cavs, Nuggets
Frye has been a somewhat popular free agent for a few reasons: He's big, young, unrestricted and should come cheap. The contest for his services seems to be down to the Cavs and Blazers.

17. Marquis Daniels, Pacers (UFA)
Teams interested: Pacers, Rockets, Mavericks

Daniels is coming off one of the best seasons of his career. He's 28, in the prime of his career and really could help a team coming off the bench. He just has to come to grips with the fact that he won't make $7 million a year anymore.

18. Drew Gooden, Spurs (UFA)
Teams interested: ???

Gooden's situation has been surprisingly quiet. He's big, talented and still pretty young. But he has a bad rep around the league and can't seem to find a home.

19. Joe Smith, Cavs (UFA)
Teams interested: Cavs, Magic, Hornets
Salary range: $2-4 million per year

Smith continues to be a solid low-post option off the bench, especially for a title contender.

20. Chris Wilcox, Knicks (UFA)
Teams interested: Wizards
Wilcox has enormous athletic ability and is still relatively young. However, he's struggling to find a team willing to give him big bucks.

21. Hakim Warrick, Grizzlies (RFA)
Teams interested: Grizzlies, ???
Warrick has talent, and a number of teams would target him if he weren't a restricted free agent. The Grizzlies won't match a huge offer, but I don't think anyone is inclined to give him one anyway.

22. Rasho Nesterovic, Pacers (UFA)
Teams interested: Spurs, Rockets, Magic
Nesterovic may have lost a step or two, but he's still a pretty effective post man, especially on the offensive end. For a team that is thin at center, he could be a really nice addition to play 15 to 20 minutes a night.

23. Rashad McCants, Kings (UFA)
Teams interested: ??
McCants doesn't have the world's greatest off-the-court rep, but on the court, he's still an excellent scorer with deep range on his jump shot.

24. Ike Diogu, Kings (UFA)
Teams interested: Kings

Diogu has battled injuries and struggled to crack the rotation in Golden State, Indiana, Portland and Sacramento. But when he has played, he has shown a knack for scoring the basketball. Teams won't spend much on him, but he has a skill that is in demand.

25. Carlos Delfino, Raptors (RFA)
Teams interested: ??
Delfino has great size for his position, can shoot the basketball and should come cheaply now that the Raptors have spent all of their money on Hedo Turkoglu.

Other unrestricted notables: Leon Powe, Celtics; Sean May, Bobcats; Ronald Murray, Hawks; Stromile Swift, Nets; Robert Swift, Thunder; Keith Bogans, Bucks; Johan Petro, Nuggets; Bobby Jackson, Kings; Luther Head, Heat; Rodney Carney, Wolves; Cedric Simmons, Kings; Damon Jones, Bucks; Desmond Mason, Thunder; Chris Mihm, Grizzlies; Gerald Green, Mavericks; Wally Szczerbiak, Cavs; Jason Collins, Timberwolves; Jarron Collins, Jazz; Shelden Williams, Wolves; Stephon Marbury, Celtics; Mikki Moore, Celtics; Juwan Howard, Bobcats; Joey Graham, Raptors; Maceo Baston, Pacers; Rob Kurz, Warriors; Morris Almond, Jazz.

Other restricted notables: Carlos Delfino, Raptors; Jamario Moon, Raptors; Aaron Gray, Bulls; Ersan Ilyasova, Bucks; Josh McRoberts, Pacers.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

What do you think about bringing back Rasho for a year or two?

tp2021
07-10-2009, 01:33 PM
No teams with even suspected interest in Gooden? Lots of players on this list worth keeping an eye on...

coyotes_geek
07-10-2009, 01:34 PM
If Rasho will take the LLE, I'm all for it.

Spursfan092120
07-10-2009, 01:37 PM
No teams with even suspected interest in Gooden? Lots of players on this list worth keeping an eye on...
Orlando was interested..they signed Bass...supposedly Cleveland had some interest too...

Spursfan092120
07-10-2009, 01:39 PM
If Rasho will take the LLE, I'm all for it.
:tu absolutely....he just wasn't worth the MLE.

Darkwaters
07-10-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm still a fan of taking Gooden back for the LLE. Hes not a great fit but the guy can obviously score. Nesterovic or Shelden Williams would be quality picks too though.

But I think we need to consider picking up some more size in the frontcourt.

urunobili
07-10-2009, 01:46 PM
vet min for Rasho... LLE is too much

rayray2k8
07-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Not worth the LLE. I don't want to see him getting payed, while sitting on the bench.

Bruno
07-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Rasho should go back in Toronto.

Spursmania
07-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Nesterovic may have lost a step or two, but he's still a pretty effective post man, especially on the offensive end. For a team that is thin at center, he could be a really nice addition to play 15 to 20 minutes a night.

So, he is slower than he was before. I don't know...I guess it depends on what our options are and what he is willing to come play for.

rayray2k8
07-10-2009, 01:54 PM

So, he is slower than he was before. I don't know...I guess it depends on what our options are and what he is willing to come play for.

So you're telling me he's worst than Bonner??? :wow

bdictjames
07-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Millsap is worth more than Odom. :lol What is the world coming to.. Odom is the 3rd best FA in the offseason outside Artest and Gordon

tp2021
07-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I'd take Rasho back for the LLE. You guys want a shotblocking 7-footer next to Tim without breaking the bank? This man did just that as the starting C for the Spurs, and they won a title.

poeticism707
07-10-2009, 02:11 PM
I'd take Rasho back for the LLE. You guys want a shotblocking 7-footer next to Tim without breaking the bank? This man did just that as the starting C for the Spurs, and they won a title.

I've love to have Rasho back:

worse case scenario, they sign him and have another trading chip to work with.

tp2021
07-10-2009, 02:15 PM
He's big, he blocks shots, he's been here before, he's proven and experienced. I'm not sure how correct Ford is about him having lost some steps, but he isn't going to be like Bonner and asked to defend perimeter bigs. He's for bodying up other big men in the paint. If you want speed, why would you even look in Rasho's direction anyway?

Darkwaters
07-10-2009, 02:15 PM
I think we need to seriously look into picking up one of Shelden Williams, Drew Gooden or Rasho Nesterovic. I just don't know that our current bigs rotation is going to make it.

Maybe Haislip has got something special. Maybe Mahinmi can ball too. Who knows with Gist? But they all have a very high potential to bust. And thats saying nothing of Blair (who, despite all the praise he has earned, still is a rookie in this league).

tp2021
07-10-2009, 02:16 PM
I think we need to seriously look into picking up one of Shelden Williams, Drew Gooden or Rasho Nesterovic. I just don't know that our current bigs rotation is going to make it.

Maybe Haislip has got something special. Maybe Mahinmi can ball too. Who knows with Gist? But they all have a very high potential to bust. And thats saying nothing of Blair (who, despite all the praise he has earned, still is a rookie in this league).

+1000

Diogu might be worth mentioning too.

rjv
07-10-2009, 02:23 PM
i'd rather keep gooden

Spurs Brazil
07-10-2009, 02:37 PM
I only see Rasho back if we trade Bonner.

We alredy have 6 bigs

phyzik
07-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Angel_Luv posting in 3....2....

AFBlue
07-10-2009, 02:51 PM
As for the article, it doesn't look like Ford is too plugged in. He has ??? for half the free agents. Dude can't do a little research from the local papers and find out if there has been any interest from teams surrounding these players?

Weak.

toki9
07-10-2009, 02:51 PM
i don't understand Gooden's situation...it's unbelievable how bad his reputation is (must be) for someone who's not a troublemaker...i didn't think he was all that bad on the Spurs when he was out there...

phxspurfan
07-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Rasho is a cool dude. I still remember how he stepped up when Duncan was injured back in 05. I'd welcome him and his 1 block per game back for the LLE. Let Hill man backup point, resign Udoka or get Sefolosha and call it a summer.

angelbelow
07-10-2009, 03:59 PM
maybe we can sign gooden for a one year LLE deal. he didnt complain at all last year and he said all the right things. if this guy has a bad rep for being a team killer or selfish player we couldnt find a shred of it. i really hope he gets a great opportunity to prove some people wrong.

galvatron3000
07-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Any chance, financially, we can swing a deal for Camby?

Marcus Bryant
Nesterovic wouldn't be a bad pickup for the LLE. That would provide a little experience in your frontcourt depth. Plus having a 7 footer who can make defensive rotations and lean on the bigger centers in the league is still a plus.

phxspurfan
Oh and I used to pwn with him in NBA Live 04. The announcer in that game used to say Rod-oh-slav Nest-er-oh-vich! And Emmanuel Gin-oh-bee-lee!

BlackBellamy
07-10-2009, 04:02 PM
I'll bet that we could persuade Toronto (if Rasho is signed there) to swap us to get Bonner back across the border. I'll bet the red rocket's ready to get back to his clean public transit system, being considered tan in comparison to the majority of the Toronto populace and, of course, french fries with gravy.

mystargtr34
07-10-2009, 07:07 PM
I would take Rasho for the LLE. The team still only has one guy over 6'10" - so i think the Spurs could use another big bodied 7 footer. He would be useful against nearly all of the main contenders like LA, Boston, Cleveland, Orlando, Portland and even Houston when Yao is back.

Obviously it would be better for the Vet min, but Toronto might give him more.

poeticism707
07-10-2009, 07:10 PM
I would take Rasho for the LLE. The team still only has one guy over 6'10" - so i think the Spurs could use another big bodied 7 footer. He would be useful against nearly all of the main contenders like LA, Boston, Cleveland, Orlando, Portland and even Houston when Yao is back.

Yep. Signing Rasho is an underrated move, because while his play is only "solid," it it allows the Spurs to rest Duncan much more with even decent leads without having to play 6'7 Ball.

If we can't get Camby or another big in a trade, sign Rasho!

ernest787
07-10-2009, 07:38 PM
there is a chance i am wrong, but i am pretty sure the spurs already used the LLE on haslip

if they pick anyone up it has to be for the vet min

poeticism707
07-10-2009, 07:39 PM
there is a chance i am wrong, but i am pretty sure the spurs already used the LLE on haslip

if they pick anyone up it has to be for the vet min

They actually signed Haislip for the Min., so they have the LLE still.

z0sa
07-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Rasho could come in handy. Then again, he could be a useless scrub.

Russ
07-10-2009, 07:44 PM
I would take either Rasho or Elson (both have rings) or a any of a few other cheap centers.

This is the point in the summer when the bargains start to appear and, sometimes in retrospect, where the key FA pickups are made.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-10-2009, 07:45 PM
I would love to sign Rasho, but only if we can use mcclinton as the 3rd PG. We can't go into the season with Parker and Hill only, when it's obvious Pop threw Hill at PG out the window already.

poeticism707
07-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Rasho could come in handy. Then again, he could be a useless scrub.
:bang

I tend to think that Rasho would be solid, which is pretty much all you can expect for the LLE.

ploto
07-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Another big man is needed, and former Raptors centre Rasho Nesterovic would be a good fit. But the Raptors will get stiff competition from European teams, who have offered the Slovenian big man between $2-million and $4-million.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/basketball/colangelo-still-tinkering-with-raptors-roster/article1214962/

rascal
07-11-2009, 08:39 AM

No he has an ugly game and is soft. The spurs have a new team now and this guy will water it down.

rascal
07-11-2009, 08:41 AM

He does not play like a 7 footer. He plays below the rim.

rascal
07-11-2009, 08:43 AM
I doubt the spurs make a play for Rasho. His last year he was basically benched in the playoffs and Pop had a reason for it.

TJastal
07-11-2009, 09:14 AM

Isn't Mahinmi 6-11"? Or did I dream that?

Spursone
07-11-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't hate a Rasho deal. He brings size, experience, and understands our system. He can spread the floor, is a decent passer, and is fundamentally sound, and all this on the cheap!

:flag:

completely deck
07-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Another big man is needed, and former Raptors centre Rasho Nesterovic would be a good fit. But the Raptors will get stiff competition from European teams, who have offered the Slovenian big man between $2-million and $4-million.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/basketball/colangelo-still-tinkering-with-raptors-roster/article1214962/

Ah ok, let some Euro team pay him too much.

Bruno
07-11-2009, 10:40 AM
LLE for Rasho is simply too much.
The last 4 times that he has reached the playoffs, he has end up deep in the doghouse. He isn't worth more than the min for a contender like Spurs.

Rasho wouldn't be that bad at the deep end of the bunch for some very specific task but :
- Spurs don't have a roster spot for that kind of players.
- There are a lot of other big vets available to do that for the min.

Booharv
07-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Is there some legit reason everyone thinks the Spurs might get Camby or is that just some fans pipe dream?

poeticism707
07-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Isn't Mahinmi 6-11"? Or did I dream that?

Yep, Ian is 6'11. I sincerely hope he earns his place by playing like one!

D-ROB 50
07-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Dude I feel for Gooden nobody wants him. Wouldnt mind him for the LLE but having him on the team might impeed Blairs progress. Rasho for the min. is good, Weshould hacve at least one 7 footer.

YODA
07-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Lets really look at this situation.
our bigs...
Timmy
Dice
Ian
Blair
Boner
1st off, were a deep team. Our bigs have some alot of learning to do together this year I believe. In essesnce, Blair and Ian are both rookies, who are still unproven in the NBA with Ian also having health issues. He could easily end up on the end of Pops bench, but lets hope not.

I feel great about Blair, but I think im asking alot of a rookie, so I am just hopeful pop gives him enough chances to make mistakes so he can learn our system.

As far as Gooden, I think Pop gave up on him in the play offs. Just not enought bb IQ for pops taste. I wish he would give him another chance, but who knows.

Marcas Camby?? where theres smoke....theres fire. Seems everyone keep bring him up and I keep reading how there is SOME trade in the works, but its all hear say. Would have to be some kind of sign and trade, but we would have to give up alot to make the room with the numbers. I love the idea...but its still just an idea.
Bonner may suck at D, but he still speads the D on the offencive end. He also useful versus certain teams with weak interior. not many but some. I kinda hope blair and Ian take all his minutes, but I think it will be a slow process and one of those 2 will take his minutes as the year goes on.

Nobody will say that Blair bonner or Ian can play versus big men like Tim or Dice can, so it might be nice to have another big like Rasho to help on bigs likes Shaq, Wallace,,etc.
If we can afford it. If Ian doesnt plan out, he most likly wont be along long anyways, making Rasho a good insuarance policy.

poeticism707
07-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Lets really look at this situation.
our bigs...
Timmy
Dice
Ian
Blair
Boner
1st off, were a deep team. Our bigs have some alot of learning to do together this year I believe. In essesnce, Blair and Ian are both rookies, who are still unproven in the NBA with Ian also having health issues. He could easily end up on the end of Pops bench, but lets hope not.

I feel great about Blair, but I think im asking alot of a rookie, so I am just hopeful pop gives him enough chances to make mistakes so he can learn our system.

As far as Gooden, I think Pop gave up on him in the play offs. Just not enought bb IQ for pops taste. I wish he would give him another chance, but who knows.

Marcas Camby?? where theres smoke....theres fire. Seems everyone keep bring him up and I keep reading how there is SOME trade in the works, but its all hear say. Would have to be some kind of sign and trade, but we would have to give up alot to make the room with the numbers. I love the idea...but its still just an idea.
Bonner may suck at D, but he still speads the D on the offencive end. He also useful versus certain teams with weak interior. not many but some. I kinda hope blair and Ian take all his minutes, but I think it will be a slow process and one of those 2 will take his minutes as the year goes on.

Nobody will say that Blair bonner or Ian can play versus big men like Tim or Dice can, so it might be nice to have another big like Rasho to help on bigs likes Shaq, Wallace,,etc.
If we can afford it. If Ian doesnt plan out, he most likly wont be along long anyways, making Rasho a good insuarance policy.

Great post, solid points all!

Camby for any players outside of Gino, Parker, Duncan, Dice, RJ, would be a dream, even if we had to give up Mason.

Also, you are correct in that Bonner is still a useful piece, so long as it isn't the starting Center.

Blair should be fine, as long as Pop is patient with rookie mistakes.

I hope Ian does very well and earns some time, but we'll see.

Parker2112
07-11-2009, 05:24 PM
WE NEED RASHO...
You guys are missing the boat big time here...

We do have a deep frontcourt, and we have a lot of guys who can matchup with a variety of big men around the league. Except the BIG guys...

Do you really want TD or Ian on Shaq, Dwight, Yao? I dont want TD having to work that hard, and Ian cant be trusted for a championship. WE NEED RASHO... If for no one else than someone to rack up 6 fouls on Shaq. The good thing about Shaq is he only plays about 25-30 minutes a game. Six fouls will go a long way. Maybe not so far with Yao, but he may never play again anyway. RASHO is worth the LLE.

:flag:

BackHome
07-11-2009, 06:12 PM
LLE for Rasho is simply too much.
The last 4 times that he has reached the playoffs, he has end up deep in the doghouse. He isn't worth more than the min for a contender like Spurs.

Rasho wouldn't be that bad at the deep end of the bunch for some very specific task but :
- Spurs don't have a roster spot for that kind of players.
- There are a lot of other big vets available to do that for the min.

Not trying to be a smart ass but who are these bigs vets that are avialable for the vet min?

Bruno
07-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Not trying to be a smart ass but who are these bigs vets that are avialable for the vet min?

Brian Skinner, Jamaal Magloire, Theo Ratliff, Adonal Foyle, Jason Collins...

Think at a Massenburg-like role.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-11-2009, 06:41 PM

AusSpursFan
07-11-2009, 06:53 PM
no thanks, I want minutes for the young guys

Dingle Barry
07-11-2009, 07:07 PM
I wonder if Gooden's bad reputation is based mostly on his refusal to pass the ball and tendency to take terrible shots or if its deeper than that.

benefactor
07-11-2009, 07:17 PM
:tu

angel_luv
07-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I hope the Raptors sign Rasho. But if they don't, of course I would be happy to see him on the Spurs.