PDA

View Full Version : Stallworth released...

Spursfan092120
07-10-2009, 01:36 PM
bullshit...guy didn't even get the 30 days he was supposed to...should have been a hell of a lot more. I'm sure the guy would be proud of his family for taking money so he could get out of jail..garbage..and it takes a HELL of a lot more than 4 shots of tequila to get you to .126

Stallworth completes jail term

MIAMI -- Cleveland Browns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cle) wide receiver Donte' Stallworth (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3541) has been released from a Miami jail after serving 24 days for DUI manslaughter.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/3541.jpg
Stallworth
His attorney, Christopher Lyons, said Stallworth was released from the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center early Friday.
The 28-year-old Stallworth served 24 days of the 30-day jail sentence after pleading guilty to DUI manslaughter.
Stallworth's car struck and killed a pedestrian, 59-year-old Mario Reyes, in an early-morning crash March 14. In a recorded interview, Stallworth told police he drank up to four shots of premium tequila while partying with friends at a Miami Beach club, but did not feel drunk in the hours before he struck Reyes.
Lab tests later showed Stallworth had a blood-alcohol level of .126, above Florida's .08 limit.
Stallworth also reached an undisclosed financial settlement with Reyes' family, which factored into his relatively light sentence.
The receiver has been suspended indefinitely by the NFL. He signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns before last season but was injured much of the year, finishing with 17 catches for 170 yards and a touchdown.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4318550

Obstructed_View
07-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Darn, I was hoping it meant the Browns released him. Hope springs eternal.

jack sommerset
07-10-2009, 03:36 PM
I am on the fence with this. I'm sure I would feel different if I knew the person killed but part of me believes drinking did not kill the victim. They said he was not suppose to be in the road when he was hit by the car and the family did settle.

J.T.
07-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah, call me a classless asshole but I still think that dude died in lieu of Stallworth being drunk, not because of it.

A friend of mine is about done serving a 30 day sentence for four felony counts of drug possession and one felony intent to distribute. 30 days. 5-7 years probation. No felonies on his record. Just saying, Stallworth got off light in part because being an NFL star gave him the finances to do so, but Average Joe can get a slap on the wrists for breaking the big bad Law too.

monosylab1k
07-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Too bad he didn't run over a dog, he might be on death row right now.

Spursfan092120
07-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Exactly..them Peta bastards piss me off...they could give a shit about their fellow man, but if a hamster is being tortured, they're out in troops. My opinon? If it was me, I'd be in prison for life...he was almost double the legal limit, marijuana was in his system, and he ran over someone, killing them...24 days is disgusting.

Spursfan092120
07-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Yeah, call me a classless asshole but I still think that dude died in lieu of Stallworth being drunk, not because of it.

A friend of mine is about done serving a 30 day sentence for four felony counts of drug possession and one felony intent to distribute. 30 days. 5-7 years probation. No felonies on his record. Just saying, Stallworth got off light in part because being an NFL star gave him the finances to do so, but Average Joe can get a slap on the wrists for breaking the big bad Law too.
I agree that other people get away with it too, but it's disgusting that a guy can have a .126 BAC, run over someone, and then get 24 days. What makes this more disgusting is that the family of the guy who died is the reason he got such a light sentence. The money he gave them allowed the courts to release him early...horrible.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-10-2009, 07:14 PM

If you mean run a dog fighting ring for years where police find over 60 dead dog bodies in your backyard, then he'd probably get the 2 year sentence he deserves.

Mike Vick deserves everything he got.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Exactly..them Peta bastards piss me off...they could give a shit about their fellow man, but if a hamster is being tortured, they're out in troops. My opinon? If it was me, I'd be in prison for life...he was almost double the legal limit, marijuana was in his system, and he ran over someone, killing them...24 days is disgusting.

He ran over a J-walker.

bresilhac
07-10-2009, 09:01 PM
If there is any justice in the world that murdering piece of shit will get hit by a car and killed on his way home.

bresilhac
07-10-2009, 09:03 PM
He ran over a J-walker.

Jay-walking is no reason to kill a man.

Udokafan05
07-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Justice system has never been fair. MONEY TALKS!!

Spursfan092120
07-10-2009, 11:36 PM
He ran over a J-walker.
with a .126 BAC and marijuana in his system...he freaking killed a guy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Jay-walking is no reason to kill a man.

I'm gonna assume you were just intentionally acting stupid there and intentionally whiffed on the point of my post.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-10-2009, 11:56 PM
with a .126 BAC and marijuana in his system...he freaking killed a guy.

Yes, he killed someone, I know, I woulda given him more than 24 days. A lot more.

I'm saying that unintentionally killing a J-walker while being intoxicated isn'tnearly as bad as intentionally killing over 60 helpless, innocent animals with ways such as electrocution, strangling, and drowning. One person is just an idiot, the other is a souless evil human being who doesn't deserve to live let alone play in the NFL.

BlackSwordsMan
07-11-2009, 01:59 AM
it's the guys fault he was killed by that drunken idiot :rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-11-2009, 02:02 AM
it's the guys fault he was killed by that drunken idiot :rolleyes

The guy would not have been killed if he wasn't breaking a law and J-walking, plain and simple. Stallworth isn't 100% liable here.

BlackSwordsMan
07-11-2009, 02:09 AM
ever walked on a street when somewhere you needed to go was right in front of you and not two blocks away at the nearest street exit?

J.T.
07-11-2009, 02:47 AM
ever walked on a street when somewhere you needed to go was right in front of you and not two blocks away at the nearest street exit?

Yeah, but if I ever cross a busy street I make sure the cars are either stopped at a red light or wait for no traffic to fucking cross.

Although I have considered getting hit by a bus to commit insurance fraud. The economy's that bad.

bresilhac
07-11-2009, 04:16 AM
I'm gonna assume you were just intentionally acting stupid there and intentionally whiffed on the point of my post.

You said he ran over a jay-walker idiot. What the fuck else was I supposed to infer? If you meant to say something just come out and say it.

J.T.
07-11-2009, 05:36 AM
You said he ran over a jay-walker idiot. What the fuck else was I supposed to infer? If you meant to say something just come out and say it.

There's billions of people in this world.

Some of them are going to die.

Out of that group, some of them are going to be killed by other people.

And out of that group, some of them are going to die unfortunate, tragic deaths.

That's life.

Bad things happen to good people sometimes.

BacktoBasics
07-11-2009, 08:36 AM
The guy would not have been killed if he wasn't breaking a law and J-walking, plain and simple. Stallworth isn't 100% liable here.Exactly. Thats how the courts saw it too.

J.T.
07-11-2009, 08:44 AM
One person is just an idiot, the other is a souless evil human being who doesn't deserve to live let alone play in the NFL.

That's a little overboard with respect to Vick. He got caught and is serving his time. To say he doesn't deserve to live is just sour grapes on your part. People who don't deserve to live (Hitler, Saddam) get what's coming to them in the end anyway, but Michael Vick isn't in that group.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-11-2009, 12:10 PM

Yes, and that's why I wait till no cars are coming to go.

monosylab1k
07-11-2009, 04:58 PM
If you mean run a dog fighting ring for years where police find over 60 dead dog bodies in your backyard, then he'd probably get the 2 year sentence he deserves.

Mike Vick deserves everything he got.

So 60 dogs = 2 years and 1 human = 30 days

monosylab1k
07-11-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm gonna find a formula to see what the human life to dog life exchange rate is.

monosylab1k
07-11-2009, 05:01 PM
and yes, Michael Vick got exactly what he deserved.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-11-2009, 06:42 PM
1 human = 30 days

1 careless human that endangered himself.

Also, it's not like he served his sentence and he's done. I think he's on house arrest for two years, and will never be able to drive again.