PDA

View Full Version : I get a bad feeling about this Orlando loser/GM Otis..

Amarelooms
07-10-2009, 02:10 PM
I think this POS just stole Bass from us and is planning on matching Gortat's offer. If he does this Cuban's aim should be to f him over in the future somehow. Mavs would be pretty screwed since Bass is already gone. Guess they could split the MLE and sign two players though :elephant

mattb_25
07-10-2009, 02:12 PM
What did he sign bass with?

Amarelooms
07-10-2009, 02:14 PM

Guessing an ink pen genius :elephant

BlackBellamy
07-10-2009, 02:26 PM

agreeing to terms on Friday with free agent forward Brandon Bass on a four-year deal believed to be worth $18 million.

There's another thread that talks all about it.

IronMexican
07-10-2009, 02:29 PM
That's pretty fucking cheap for Bass. Turiaf got the same contract(Or around there) and I think Bass is noticeably better.

Findog
07-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Please, this just about guarantees Gortat will be a Mav.

baseline bum
07-10-2009, 02:35 PM
If Orlando was going to recklessly spend money they would have done it on Turkoglu and not Bass + Gortat. I'd be shocked if they matched Dallas' offer.

Amarelooms
07-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Please, this just about guarantees Gortat will be a Mav.

Not so sure...I have seen quotes where Gortat has even said recently that he gets the impression Orlando might match. This Polish fool should go to them and say he wants to play in Dallas and they better let him go.

Also some Orlando people are saying that Otis might just sign Gortat and tell the Mavs they need to do a S&T if "we" want him that bad. If I'm Cuban I say fuck off you can keep him....

:elephant

ginobilized
07-10-2009, 02:56 PM
I get a good feeling about this possibility.

mattb_25
07-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Guessing an ink pen genius :elephant

Oh okay, I was thinking more in the lines of ink an feather but whatever is fine. :ihit:ihit:ihit

SonOfAGun
07-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Takes bawls to screw someone worth over 2 billion dólares.

Findog
07-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Bass signed today and the Mavs have 7 days to match. Gortat signed two days ago and the Magic have 5 more days to match. If Orlando matches Gortat, Dallas matches Bass and vice versa. Both players are a better fit on their new teams. Nobody is going to cockblock anybody.

TheProfessor
07-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Bass signed today and the Mavs have 7 days to match. Gortat signed two days ago and the Magic have 5 more days to match. If Orlando matches Gortat, Dallas matches Bass and vice versa. Both players are a better fit on their new teams. Nobody is going to cockblock anybody.
Isn't Bass unrestricted?

Amarelooms
07-10-2009, 03:27 PM

Ummm wrong cause Bass was UNrestricted and free to go where he wants. Gortat is RESTRICTED. So this can be bad for the Mavs...just hope Cuban has an under the table agreement. If not they better have a backup plan and be talking to other free agents just in case

Findog
07-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Ummm wrong cause Bass was UNrestricted and free to go where he wants. Gortat is RESTRICTED. So this can be bad for the Mavs...just hope Cuban has an under the table agreement. If not they better have a backup plan and be talking to other free agents just in case

Otis Smith isn't dumb. You don't fuck over a guy who just netted you a TE. Plus Orlando is already over the cap, they can't afford Bass AND Gortat.

mavsfan1000
07-10-2009, 03:40 PM
I hope Orlando gets both. They are a bigger threat to the Lakers than the old Mavs are.

Amarelooms
07-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I hope Orlando gets both. They are a bigger threat to the Lakers than the old Mavs are.

Are you crazy??? Mavs >>> Orlando. How that team got to the Finals this year is unknown...they are not really that good. Expect for them to be the 3-4th seed at best and lose by the 2nd round :elephant

BlackBellamy
07-10-2009, 03:50 PM

Anti-jinx post? Must be.

kobyz
07-10-2009, 03:53 PM
i dont understand why Dallas did not resign Bass, it's not like Cuban have problem spending money

mavsfan1000
07-10-2009, 03:56 PM
i dont understand why Dallas did not resign Bass, it's not like Cuban have problem spending money
I'm sure there are some limitations to what a team can do in the offseason.

Findog
07-10-2009, 04:00 PM

Not enough minutes at the 4 with Dirk and Marion.

Ghazi
07-10-2009, 09:28 PM

You're a faggot

SonOfAGun
07-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Are you crazy??? Mavs >>> Orlando. How that team got to the Finals this year is unknown...they are not really that good. Expect for them to be the 3-4th seed at best and lose by the 2nd round :elephant

They were tearing through the league before Nelson got injured!

mavsfan1000
07-11-2009, 01:05 AM
You're a faggot
I'm a realist. I don't sugar coat the mavs situation. They need a point guard that can create off the dribble. I think they had 2 of those type of players in the past. Does Harris and Nash ring a bell?

Findog
07-11-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm a realist. I don't sugar coat the mavs situation. They need a point guard that can create off the dribble. I think they had 2 of those type of players in the past. Does Harris and Nash ring a bell?

Get over yourself. What has Nash won in Phoenix? What has Harris won in New Jersey? You're not a Mavs fan. Not when you actively root against and hate the Mavs. We can hate certain personnel moves or certain players or coaches that we feel are a detriment to winning, but your rhetoric comes across as rooting against the Mavs. You're not a Mavs fan.

Rogue
07-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Get over yourself. What has Nash won in Phoenix? What has Harris won in New Jersey? You're not a Mavs fan. Not when you actively root against and hate the Mavs. We can hate certain personnel moves or certain players or coaches that we feel are a detriment to winning, but your rhetoric comes across as rooting against the Mavs. You're not a Mavs fan.
Nash had won two consecutive regular season MVPs which easily beat Marion's zero trophy. Although our team surely got upgraded by the acquirement of Marion, I still think it was not a perfect move as long as we could have used Stack's contract more wisely. Marion has been playing pretty bad in these two season and his previous 16m/yr contract was purely a cancer, the new contract he signed with Mavs is discounted in average value but the length would also make it a poison if Marion started to crap out in 2-3 years, then in the next seasons he would turn into a burden like Stack until the outrageous contracts enters expiring year. Stack's 7m contract (5m already bought out) was surely an ideal medicine for the teams suffering financial diseases, but Donnie got retarded again and traded this fortune for a sun of dusk.

It's unknown if Smokey is still fit for SG position, and our center spot might remain a big hole if Gortat isn't actually as good as expected. We still haven't got a team asking about any trade for Damp though we all know it makes no sense for us to let his contract expires in Dallas. Probably Damp will stay on Mavs through next season as Gortat's backup.

Amarelooms
07-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Nash had won two consecutive regular season MVPs which easily beat Marion's zero trophy. Although our team surely got upgraded by the acquirement of Marion, I still think it was not a perfect move as long as we could have used Stack's contract more wisely. Marion has been playing pretty bad in these two season and his previous 16m/yr contract was purely a cancer, the new contract he signed with Mavs is discounted in average value but the length would also make it a poison if Marion started to crap out in 2-3 years, then in the next seasons he would turn into a burden like Stack until the outrageous contracts enters expiring year. Stack's 7m contract (5m already bought out) was surely an ideal medicine for the teams suffering financial diseases, but Donnie got retarded again and traded this fortune for a sun of dusk.

It's unknown if Smokey is still fit for SG position, and our center spot might remain a big hole if Gortat isn't actually as good as expected. We still haven't got a team asking about any trade for Damp though we all know it makes no sense for us to let his contract expires in Dallas. Probably Damp will stay on Mavs through next season as Gortat's backup.

Damp is a good rebounder and plays D....we ain't trading him this year. Also, I'm in favor of starting Damp. If we get Gortat he can come off the bench....probably get more mins than Damp and finish the game...as long as he plays better. Starting lineup:

C - Damp
PF - Dirk
SF - Marion
SG - Howard
PG - Kidd

Bench: Terry, Gortat, Ross, Hollins, Singelton, Barera and that Black-white guy we got in the Marion trade

Basketballgirl25
07-11-2009, 10:38 AM
What has Harris won in New Jersey?

Devin Harris has won nothing in NJ yet, but he wasn't expected to? What has Kidd won in Dallas nothing and his time is running out fasters then Devin in NJ:toast

Basketballgirl25
07-11-2009, 10:44 AM

I think your the crazy if you think Mavs were better then the Magic last year. What team made it to the finals? what team beat the Cavs who were better then pretty much all the teams last year? Oh yeah that's right Magic that's who. I do expect them to be 1-4 seed this year in the East and Dallas around the same in the west. Magic is better the Mavs though any day any time.:toast

Basketballgirl25
07-11-2009, 10:45 AM
I think this POS just stole Bass from us and is planning on matching Gortat's offer. If he does this Cuban's aim should be to f him over in the future somehow. Mavs would be pretty screwed since Bass is already gone. Guess they could split the MLE and sign two players though :elephant

now why would the Magic be stupid and match Gortat's offer, just so he could back up Howard?:lol

mavsfan1000
07-11-2009, 10:51 AM

Be careful. They might label you a mav hater for telling the truth. All I can say is we better not be done with free agents. Marion isn't the answer. Neither is Gortat. As long as Kidd is our starting point guard, we are in trouble.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Like it or not the Magic need Gortat. Who do they have off the bench these days besides Pietrus?

lotr1trekkie
07-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Dampier and Gortat for14 mill ---awesome! By Nov Dirt will be involved in a custody battle and will be more of a mental case. Kidd and Marion untited for another ring drive--scary. Hopefully, Shithouse will resign so that he can glare at Manu from the bench!

Findog
07-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Devin Harris has won nothing in NJ yet, but he wasn't expected to? What has Kidd won in Dallas nothing and his time is running out fasters then Devin in NJ:toast

Devin Harris is a one-trick pony and the Mavs went farther last year with Kidd than they would have with Harris. You can have him.

Amarelooms
07-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Dampier and Gortat for14 mill ---awesome! By Nov Dirt will be involved in a custody battle and will be more of a mental case. Kidd and Marion untited for another ring drive--scary. Hopefully, Shithouse will resign so that he can glare at Manu from the bench!

Mavs own your team....pray the Spurs can avoid em come playoff time. Now kindly fuck off :elephant

Findog
07-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Be careful. They might label you a mav hater for telling the truth. All I can say is we better not be done with free agents. Marion isn't the answer. Neither is Gortat. As long as Kidd is our starting point guard, we are in trouble.

Yeah, Steve Nash was the answer. That's why we could never get past the Spurs with him, he couldn't beat the Spurs in Phoenix, and we suddenly started beating San Antonio when he left. Nash's MVP awards are a joke. I can't believe anybody would cite that as a reason we should've kept him.

Findog
07-11-2009, 01:35 PM

You're not a Mavs fan. The day you start wishing for other teams to retain players that could help the Mavs, you're not a Mavs fan. Your schtick is more odious than Ghazi's. You suck.

mavsfan1000
07-11-2009, 01:47 PM
You're not a Mavs fan. The day you start wishing for other teams to retain players that could help the Mavs, you're not a Mavs fan. Your schtick is more odious than Ghazi's. You suck.
I'm just saying Orlando just got to the final and gave the lakers a tough series. All they need is Gortat to strengthen that bench and make another push. Dallas has dinosaur Kidd as their starter. How can you expect to win with that? He will get crucified by other point guards. I wish we still had Harris or Nash. Point guards that could make things happen rather than stand around. Terry does the same thing. Josh Howard has lost some of his speed. Dirk Nowitzki the same story. I know you want to hear the we like our team schtick but it's time to be honest. Overpaying Kidd was a big mistake. Trading Harris for Kidd was a big mistake. This team just doesn't have a good owner/GM.

Findog
07-11-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm just saying Orlando just got to the final and gave the lakers a tough series. All they need is Gortat to strengthen that bench and make another push. Dallas has dinosaur Kidd as their starter. How can you expect to win with that? He will get crucified by other point guards. I wish we still had Harris or Nash. Point guards that could make things happen rather than stand around. Terry does the same thing. Josh Howard has lost some of his speed. Dirk Nowitzki the same story. I know you want to hear the we like our team schtick but it's time to be honest. Overpaying Kidd was a big mistake. Trading Harris for Kidd was a big mistake. This team just doesn't have a good owner/GM.

You completely miss the fucking point and I think you're doing it on purpose. You stick with your team through thick and thin, even when they make decisions you don't like, and even when they aren't equipped to win a title. No Mavs fan on this board gives Donnie and Mark a pass for the bad decisions that they've made, or for the flaws that the roster has. I have yet to see any Mavs fan state that the recent moves definitely have us leapfrogging the Lakers. I want Gortat on this team because it makes us better, and there's not another realistic option at the 5.

I'm done interacting with you. You're just a troll and not a very good one at that. No fan of a team actively wishes for them to get worse so some other team can have a better shot at beating the Lakers. You're not a Mavs fan. Being a Mavs fan doesn't mean you have to get out the pom-poms and defend every action the Front Office takes. It simply means you root for them when they play and you don't piss on moves that makes them better. Gortat is an upgrade. I could less of a rat's ass who wins the championship if it's not us. Fuck off.

Findog
07-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Kidd got crucified by Parker in 03. I think a point guard like Deron Williams is exactly what you guys need. If you get a pg that plays some decent defense with similar offensive skillset I think it offers much more improvement than these big name players. However, Deron is not advertised as much as with other guards in his range. Doubt your FO makes a move on anything like that.

What do you mean "you guys"? You're talking to an Orlando Magic fan. I think Deron Williams is better than Jameer Nelson, but the Magic hardly need an upgrade at PG.

mavsfan1000
07-11-2009, 02:09 PM
You completely miss the fucking point and I think you're doing it on purpose. You stick with your team through thick and thin, even when they make decisions you don't like, and even when they aren't equipped to win a title. No Mavs fan on this board gives Donnie and Mark a pass for the bad decisions that they've made, or for the flaws that the roster has. I have yet to see any Mavs fan state that the recent moves definitely have us leapfrogging the Lakers. I want Gortat on this team because it makes us better, and there's not another realistic option at the 5.

I'm done interacting with you. You're just a troll and not a very good one at that. No fan of a team actively wishes for them to get worse so some other team can have a better shot at beating the Lakers. You're not a Mavs fan. Being a Mavs fan doesn't mean you have to get out the pom-poms and defend every action the Front Office takes. It simply means you root for them when they play and you don't piss on moves that makes them better. Gortat is an upgrade. I could less of a rat's ass who wins the championship if it's not us. Fuck off.
I will never forget that stupid move of trading Harris for dinosaur Kidd. I guess I'm still bitter that a franchise can be so stupid. I find it hard to root for a team I'm so pissed at. And don't you want to see the Lakers lose? I definitely do. Seeing Kobe's mug after winning a championship makes me sick.

Findog
07-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Ok? Your profile says Mavericks fan.... SO be it.

No, the guy that you replied to advising him that his team needs an upgrade at PG and that they should go after Deron Williams is a Magic fan. Do you think Jameer Nelson sucks?

Basketballgirl25
07-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Devin Harris is a one-trick pony and the Mavs went farther last year with Kidd than they would have with Harris. You can have him.

I'll gladly keep Harris, better then being stuck with Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson, who were good just couldn't win the finals together. And I think that is how the Mavs are good, but not better then other teams.

Findog
07-11-2009, 02:27 PM
I'll gladly keep Harris, better then being stuck with Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson, who were good just couldn't win the finals together. And I think that is how the Mavs are good, but not better then other teams.

Good. We're both happy. Harris is wildly overrated at this point.

Findog
07-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Okay, maybe Harris isn't wildly overrated. He's always had the ability to take anybody off the dribble and get to the rim, and his midrange jumper is now more consistent. But he doesn't play d anymore because Frank doesn't make him. And if he were a franchise-type player, New Jersey would've won more than 33 games last year. He had Vince and a good big in Lopez and they were still terrible. Not to mention his durability issues throughout his career.

Ghazi
07-11-2009, 05:09 PM

I vehemently support the Mavs and get compared to a Devin fanboy/poser who is rooting AGAINST the Mavs?

Que lastima fin!

Ghazi
07-11-2009, 05:11 PM

Uhhh Derek Fisher just won a title as the starting PG. Obviously the Lakers have more talent but this implication that Kidd starting at PG for a team nullifies their ability to compete for a title or means "trouble" is just retarded.

Kidd is still a top 10 PG

J-Ho > Dirk!

mavsfan1000
07-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Uhhh Derek Fisher just won a title as the starting PG. Obviously the Lakers have more talent but this implication that Kidd starting at PG for a team nullifies their ability to compete for a title or means "trouble" is just retarded.

Kidd is still a top 10 PG

J-Ho > Dirk!
What a joke. A top 10 pg? We'll see which point guard scores more on a nightly basis. And Fisher is a solid defensive point guard still. Kobe Bryant is like a point guard as well as he creates for himself and others off the dribble. Kidd will let Parker, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and Billups burn him at will.

Ghazi
07-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Kidd is way better than Fisher defensively. And yes, a top 10 point guard.

Basketballgirl25
07-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Okay, maybe Harris isn't wildly overrated. He's always had the ability to take anybody off the dribble and get to the rim, and his midrange jumper is now more consistent. But he doesn't play d anymore because Frank doesn't make him. And if he were a franchise-type player, New Jersey would've won more than 33 games last year. He had Vince and a good big in Lopez and they were still terrible. Not to mention his durability issues throughout his career.

dude, New Jersey was excepted to be last place last year even with VC, they did much better then people thought, with only Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, and Vince Carter. I mean we won about the same amount of games with Kidd, Carter and Jefferson so. Harris was good last year. And I don't care if Harris isn't a franchise-type player, I mean if the Nets can win the finals in a few years it will be great just put player who would work well together and it's a done deal. It's a team game not a one man game. Dirk is a franchise player were has that lead the Mavs? to the finals one time where they lost.

Ghazi
07-11-2009, 08:43 PM

To me, it's more a case of Kidd being underrated, people act as if just because he's past his prime he's done or something.

I mean shit son, we're still talking about a guy who can give you 80+ games a year, shoots 40% from 3, is a capable wing defender, and has crazy adjusted +/- and on/off statistics. Top 5 in assists, top 5 in steals, one of the better AST/TO ratios in regular season, premier rebounding PG still, etc.

Yet some make that trade out to be a Gasol like heist in favor of the Nets... some thing we would have been better off with him walking, some would've traded him for injury prone losers with fat contracts like Kaman/Davis... then you have idiots like mavsfan spewing garbage like Kidd does absolutely nothing, is crap, etc.

And then others who act as if 3 years/25 million is THAT bad for Kidd, who still IS a fringe top 10 point guard? Give me a break.

Kidd's the man.

Basketballgirl25
07-11-2009, 08:50 PM
To me, it's more a case of Kidd being underrated, people act as if just because he's past his prime he's done or something.

I mean shit son, we're still talking about a guy who can give you 80+ games a year, shoots 40% from 3, is a capable wing defender, and has crazy adjusted +/- and on/off statistics. Top 5 in assists, top 5 in steals, one of the better AST/TO ratios in regular season, premier rebounding PG still, etc.

Yet some make that trade out to be a Gasol like heist in favor of the Nets... some thing we would have been better off with him walking, some would've traded him for injury prone losers with fat contracts like Kaman/Davis... then you have idiots like mavsfan spewing garbage like Kidd does absolutely nothing, is crap, etc.

And then others who act as if 3 years/25 million is THAT bad for Kidd, who still IS a fringe top 10 point guard? Give me a break.

Kidd's the man.

I don't make the trade to be a Gasol like trade in favor of the Nets, I think it was even kind of deff not Gasol like. Harris is better for the Nets now then Kidd is and Kidd well I don't know if he can help the mavs, but I think he and harris helpped the Nets and Mavs the same. Harris didn't help the Nets more the Kidd helpped the Mavs and Kidd didn't help the Mavs anymore then Harris helpped the Nets. Kidd didn't get the Mavs to the finals last season and that's why the Mavs wanted him right? Harris helpped the Nets, but it's not like we were suppose to do great, so I don't see why fans say Harris isn't good and Kidd is better, that's all just crazy talk they both help teams in different ways and both fail in different ways, but they both still can fit in with a team

and I will say Kidd is the man after he reitres, but can't right now. Vince Carter is the man though glad we had him teaching the young guys instead of Kidd(they all might have learned the beat people:lol)

Jacob1983
07-12-2009, 01:52 AM
The Mavs will regret losing Bass. He was one of the few players on the Mavs that was tough and would actually go inside the paint.