PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty to Suns keeps Hill in Phoenix

23LeBronJames23
07-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Spurning offers from the Knicks and Celtics, free agent forward Grant Hill decided on Friday to remain with the Phoenix Suns, agreeing to a two-year deal worth $6.24 million, according to his agent, Lon Babby. The second year of the deal is an option year for Hill.
The 36-year-old was wooed strongly by New York, whose coach, Mike D'Antoni, was Hill's old coach in Phoenix, and for whom Hill enjoyed playing in 2007-08. The Knicks offered Hill either a one-year deal at the full mid-level exception ($5.8 million for next season), or a three-year, $10 million deal. Playing in New York would also provide opportunities off the court for Hill, who will have his pick of post-playing careers.
The Celtics also came hard after Hill, who met with Boston head coach Doc Rivers in Orlando and spoke on the phone with general manager Danny Ainge and guard Ray Allen. Boston hoped Hill would want to play for a championship contending team as a role player that likely would have backed up Paul Pierce. It was, Babby said, a very difficult decision for Hill, who took several days before making up his mind, with the opportunity to play for three coaches he had already played for and with whom had strong relationships.
But in the end, Hill decided he wanted to be loyal to the team that signed him after his career was derailed by seasons-long injuries while he was with the Orlando Magic. He played in all 82 games in Phoenix last season for the first time in his career, averaging 12 points and 4.9 rebounds in almost 30 minutes per game. He'll provide veteran leadership on a Suns team that is transitioning after trading Shaquille O'Neal to Cleveland, and looking hard at moving forward Amar'e Stoudemire, if not now, than by next February's trade deadline.
"This was not a failure on the part of any other teams to do anything," Babby said in a conference call with reporters. "Each of the teams made as strong a presentation as they could have....in Boston's case and New York's case, there was not anything we asked for that they did not do."
The Knicks, who also were turned down by Dallas guard Jason Kidd when he decided to re-sign with the Mavericks, may now turn their attention to free agent point guard Andre Miller, who is far apart in talks with his current team, the 76ers, on a contract extension. The Suns are also trying to sign Portland forward Channing Frye to add to their frontcourt depth.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/10/hill.suns/index.html

lefty
07-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Loyalty won't bring you rings

LMAO Hill

lil_penny
07-10-2009, 06:10 PM
If Hill can stay loyal to the suns, why can't DOK??

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-10-2009, 06:12 PM
If Hill can stay loyal to the suns, why can't DOK??

Because I don't have a really hot wife with MS that needs to live in a warm climate.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Loyalty won't bring you rings

Neither will optimism, but apparently I should be more optimistic.

lil_penny
07-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Because I don't have a really hot wife with MS that needs to live in a warm climate.

That's a fair answer in my books.

Culburn369
07-10-2009, 06:15 PM
[[[Originally Posted by DUNCANownsKOBE http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3545189#post3545189)

Because I don't have a really hot wife with MS that needs to live in a warm climate.]]]
Poppycock.

If his wife has MS why'd he go to New York to interview?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-10-2009, 06:23 PM
If his wife has MS why'd he go to New York to interview?

I know you think you know everything but it's public knowledge his wife has MS, it's not some weird conspiracy theory, as usual, you're a few fries short of a happy meal.

Culburn369
07-10-2009, 06:25 PM
I know you think you know everything

I never said such.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-10-2009, 06:27 PM
I never said such.

My point is you're trying to look smart questioning whether his wife has MS or not, and you look retarded doing so, ask any Pistons fan on this site if you think I'm making the MS thing up.

Culburn369
07-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Let's not quarrel,,,,,uh, buddy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Let's not quarrel,,,,,uh, buddy.

Fine, I'm sorry but I'm a little biased against people who like phxsuns.net :lol

Culburn369
07-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Lol!

Thompson
07-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Fine, I'm sorry but I'm a little biased against people who like phxsuns.net :lol

I like phxsuns.net, but only because I enjoy their anguish.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-10-2009, 06:45 PM
I like phxsuns.net, but only because I enjoy their anguish.

They're probably getting a boner today cause Nash got a raise.

23LeBronJames23
07-10-2009, 06:52 PM
They're probably getting a boner today cause Nash got a raise.

:lmao

ducks
07-10-2009, 07:15 PM
he wants to see suns doctors not knick doctors