PDA

View Full Version : Changing the subject a bit..just curious

Erick_CSF
07-10-2009, 07:23 PM
So obviously this is my first post. I was introduced to this site by my cousin. Wow its great i find myself checking the updates about 10-15 times a day.(Im sure there are even more die hards). I have noticed that a lot of people here can be very harsh on people who post new threads. I hope i don't get rapped here for this one but here it goes.

I have read most topics here, but obviously couldn't go through everyone here to make sure this wasn't posted before. My question to everyone is...

If you could make an all-time spurs team with all the past and present spurs players including a head coach. How would you put the team together. The first big names are of course Duncan and David, but slots start to fill up when you keep going. Who would you have start and who comes off the bench? and why? If you don't mind please give a reason for your selections.

I am 29 years old and became a spurs fan back in the David years so i cant speak much on the older spurs greats cause i would only know their stats and not actually witnessed how they played. Now for arguments sake we will say everyone on the list is in their prime. I'm still thinking of what my lineup would be. Just figured i would try a different type topic cause everything seems to be repeating itself. Thanks.

poeticism707
07-10-2009, 07:26 PM
So obviously this is my first post. I was introduced to this site by my cousin. Wow its great i find myself checking the updates about 10-15 times a day.(Im sure there are even more die hards). I have noticed that a lot of people here can be very harsh on people who post new threads. I hope i don't get rapped here for this one but here it goes.

I have read most topics here, but obviously couldn't go through everyone here to make sure this wasn't posted before. My question to everyone is...

If you could make an all-time spurs team with all the past and present spurs players including a head coach. How would you put the team together. The first big names are of course Duncan and David, but slots start to fill up when you keep going. Who would you have start and who comes off the bench? and why? If you don't mind please give a reason for your selections.

I am 29 years old and became a spurs fan back in the David years so i cant speak much on the older spurs greats cause i would only know their stats and not actually witnessed how they played. Now for arguments sake we will say everyone on the list is in their prime. I'm still thinking of what my lineup would be. Just figured i would try a different type topic cause everything seems to be repeating itself. Thanks.

Nice first post!

This year's Spurs team may have beaten the '99 team head to head, ironically.

As for the All-Time Spurs team?!?

Give me Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson/Gervin (can't decide who's better, not necessarily who's accomplished more), Duncan and Robinson.

sabar
07-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Coach: Pop

C: Drob
F: Duncan, Horry, Rodman
F: Elliott, Jefferson, Bowen
G: Gervin, Silias, Manu
G: Parker, Avery

Someone can improve on this, I'm drawing up blanks :lol
Thing that makes it hard is players weren't always in their prime or even good on the Spurs, which I'm trying to keep out. It's also important that the team have good roleplayers and not just a roster of twelve 20 ppg players.

poeticism707
07-10-2009, 07:59 PM

C: Drob
F: Duncan, Horry, Rodman
F: Elliott, Jefferson, Bowen
G: Gervin, Silias, Manu
G: Parker, Avery

Someone can improve on this, I'm drawing up blanks :lol
Thing that makes it hard is players weren't always in their prime or even good on the Spurs, which I'm trying to keep out. It's also important that the team have good roleplayers and not just a roster of twelve 20 ppg players.

I know! It's tough! :lol

L.I.T
07-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Nice first post!

This year's Spurs team may have beaten the '99 team head to head, ironically.

As for the All-Time Spurs team?!?

Give me Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson/Gervin (can't decide who's better, not necessarily who's accomplished more), Duncan and Robinson.

:lmao

This reminds me post-Gooden signing when some posters were saying greatest Spurs team ever.

RJeff isn't even in the same class as Gervin.

Last off-season timvp organized a voting on the greatest all-time Spurs, those conversations can be very enlightening; especially for the younger posters.

DesignatedT
07-10-2009, 08:35 PM
C-DROB/GILMORE?
PF-DUNCAN/RODMAN/HORRY?
SF-GERVIN/ MIKE MITCHELL
SG-SEAN/MANU
PG-TONY PARKER/JOHNNY MOORE

would be mine.... backup bigs kind of hard to come by just put what came to mind.... i loved mike mitchells game tho.....

poeticism707
07-10-2009, 10:48 PM
:lmao

This reminds me post-Gooden signing when some posters were saying.

:lol

spurs opsman
07-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Let's wait and see...wait and see.

poeticism707
07-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Let's wait and see...wait and see.
:flag::flag::flag:

Obstructed_View
07-11-2009, 12:44 AM
People who post new threads with old or incorrect information without any regard to what's already in the other threads get what they deserve. New posters who start five or six retarded threads in their first ten posts get what they deserve. People who introduce themselves and bring something interesting to the conversation get what they deserve.

Nice first post. Welcome aboard.

Old School 44
07-11-2009, 01:09 AM
C: Robinson, Gilmore
F: Duncan, Kenon, Rodman
F: Elliott, Mitchell, Bowen
G: Gervin, Ginobili, Silas, Robertson
G: Parker, Moore, Johnson
Coach: Doug Moe :lol, because I'd like to see these guys run.
GM: Pop

DespЏrado
07-11-2009, 01:22 AM
C: Robinson - Gilmore - Terry Cummings
PF: Duncan - Rose - Rodman
SF: Elliott - S. Jackson - Bowen
SG: Gervin - Manu - Silas
PG: Parker - Moore - Rod Strickland

Coach: John Lucas - just for shits and giggles.

lefty
07-11-2009, 01:25 AM
C - Drob, Cummings
PF- Duncan, Rodman
SF- Gervin, Elliott
SG- Manu - Elie ('cause of his leadership)
PG - Parker, George Hill

YODA
07-11-2009, 01:28 AM
C: Robinson, Gilmore, Brickoski
PF: Duncan, Cummings, Kenon
SF: Mitchel, Silas, Elliott
SG: Gervin, Manu. Robertson
PG: Moore, Parker Strickland
HC= POP
FYI,,I choose Moore to start over parker because with this group, we dont need a scoring PG, but an asssiting one.

Welcome to the forum

Yoda

DespЏrado
07-11-2009, 01:30 AM
C: Robinson, Gilmore, Brickoski
PF: Duncan, Cummings, Kenon
SF: Mitchel, Silas, Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_
SG: Gervin, Manu. Robertson
PG: Moore, Parker Strickland
HC= POP
FYI,,I choose Moore to start or parker because with this group, we dont need a scoring PG, but a asssiting one.

Welcome to the forum

Yoda

There are two "ts" in elliott my young apprentice.

TDMVPDPOY
07-11-2009, 01:31 AM
checkn updates 15-20 times a day?

a majority of us are on here 24/7

YODA
07-11-2009, 01:33 AM
There are two "ts" in elliott my young apprentice.

Much to learn I have

poeticism707
07-11-2009, 02:45 AM
Much to learn I have
:rollin

Nice!

peskypesky
07-11-2009, 02:59 AM
PG Tony Parker
SG George Gervin
SF Larry Kenon
PF Tim Duncan
C David Robinson
coach Pop

Dro210
07-11-2009, 03:33 AM
I'm only gonna go with guys I've seen play, or know enough about to feel comfortable putting them on here (Gervin/Gilmore)... Sorry Kenon, Silas, Moore, and Mitchell... honorable mention for you guys.

C - David Robinson
PF - Tim Duncan
SF - Stephen Jackson
SG - George Gervin
PG - Tony Parker

6th Man: Manu Ginobili

Sean Elliott
Artis Gilmore
Dennis Rodman
Avery Johnson
Alvin Robertson
Bruce Bowen
Richard Jefferson
Robert Horry
Steve Kerr

Coach - Pop

Just think, switch Bowen with Gervin and slide Jackson down to SG... and we had that whole starting lineup, plus Manu as the 6th man in '03... WOW... Loved that team.

poeticism707
07-11-2009, 03:38 AM
I'm only gonna go with guys I've seen play, or know enough about to feel comfortable putting them on here (Gervin/Gilmore)... Sorry Kenon, Silas, Moore, and Mitchell... honorable mention for you guys.

C - David Robinson
PF - Tim Duncan
SF - Stephen Jackson
SG - George Gervin
PG - Tony Parker

6th Man: Manu Ginobili

Sean Elliott
Artis Gilmore
Dennis Rodman
Avery Johnson
Alvin Robertson
Bruce Bowen
Richard Jefferson
Robert Horry
Steve Kerr

Coach - Pop

Just think, switch Bowen with Gervin and slide Jackson down to SG... and we had that whole starting lineup, plus Manu as the 6th man in '03... WOW... Loved that team.

Yeah, 2003 was a GREAT team.

mudyez
07-11-2009, 03:50 AM
WELCOME!

first two on every position are basicaly only in terms of "best"...the third is kind of a roleplayer pick to complement them (basicaly a great defense player)

C: Robinson Gilmore Willis
PF: Duncan Cummings Horry
SF: Gervin Elliott Bowen
SG: Ginobili Silas Robertson
PG: Parker Moore Strickland

Coach: Popovich

honorably mentioned: Mitchell

...could have put Rodman in instead of Horry, but I just never liked Rodman, so lets call it a "David Stern" pick!

insane defense lineup if you put the third line on the floor (even better with Rodman instead of Horry)!

m33p0
07-11-2009, 03:57 AM
every year, there's an all-time spurs line up.

mudyez
07-11-2009, 04:15 AM
every year, there's an all-time spurs line up.

and once Bonner shows up, we might never do it again!

Erick_CSF
07-11-2009, 04:30 AM
wow Looks like some great teams that would have been awesome. I would pick

Starting
PG-Tony Parker-(this guys is ridiculous)
SG-George Gervin (never saw him play but dammit seen enough of his highlights to know he was a friggin point machine. I mean how do you have free hotdog nights?)
SF-Sean Elliott (was just a spring board in action one of our most athletic)
PF- Tim Duncan-Do i really have to explain?!
C-Five-O -his play speaks for itself...but without him there is no Duncan on the San Antonio spurs. Paycut to help the franchise-or so i have come to believe.

Bench
PG-Alvin Robertson (one of very few people to ever get a quadruple double)
PG-Avery Johnson (would like to have him on team for leadership and locker room presence)
SG-Manu(Dudes just like a spark plug when the team needs it. Talk about talent! how do you contort your body like that?!)
SG-Steve Kerr (This little guy was lights out and was clutch with free throws. sometimes you just need a dead aim shooter off the bench)
SF-Bruce Bowen (Defense wins championships. Nuff said here)
PF-Robert Horry ( we had many great power forwards in our history, but none had as big of an impact in the clutch as Horry. Helped us win 2 tittles.
C-Artis Gilmore (I never got to see him play except for espn classics. Dude was a beast and would clear the lane for the iceman. rebound monster! i didn't know they let football players play basketball in those days.)
**honorary mention-Stephen Jackson( man he helped us out with clutch shots during the championship run. I think with veterans on the team his attitude would be in control) Dennis Rodman (how do you avg. about 17 rebounds per game? was a good physical defender)

Just my thoughts..

poeticism707
07-11-2009, 04:32 AM
wow Looks like some great teams that would have been awesome. I would pick

Starting
PG-Tony Parker-(this guys is ridiculous)
SG-George Gervin (never saw him play but dammit seen enough of his highlights to know he was a friggin point machine. I mean how do you have free hotdog nights?)
SF-Sean Elliott (was just a spring board in action one of our most athletic)
PF- Tim Duncan-Do i really have to explain?!
C-Five-O -his play speaks for itself...but without him there is no Duncan on the San Antonio spurs. Paycut to help the franchise-or so i have come to believe.

Bench
PG-Alvin Robertson (one of very few people to ever get a quadruple double)
PG-Avery Johnson (would like to have him on team for leadership and locker room presence)
SG-Manu(Dudes just like a spark plug when the team needs it. Talk about talent! how do you contort your body like that?!)
SG-Steve Kerr (This little guy was lights out and was clutch with free throws. sometimes you just need a dead aim shooter off the bench)
SF-Bruce Bowen (Defense wins championships. Nuff said here)
PF-Robert Horry ( we had many great power forwards in our history, but none had as big of an impact in the clutch as Horry. Helped us win 2 tittles.
C-Artis Gilmore (I never got to see him play except for espn classics. Dude was a beast and would clear the lane for the iceman. rebound monster! i didn't know they let football players play basketball in those days.)
**honorary mention-Stephen Jackson( man he helped us out with clutch shots during the championship run. I think with veterans on the team his attitude would be in control) Dennis Rodman (how do you avg. about 17 rebounds per game? was a good physical defender)

Just my thoughts..

Nice lineup and breakdown!:toast

Slydragon
07-11-2009, 04:44 AM

There is a search function you know :bang

Jk, welcome to SpursTalk grab onto your nuts/titties cuz it's gonna be a hell of a ride

urunobili
07-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Welcome to the board Erick_CSF

MateoNeygro
07-11-2009, 10:28 AM
PG: Parker/Strickland/Kerr
SG: Gervin/Manu/DelNegro/Elie
SF: Elliott/S-Jackson/J.R. Reid
PF: Duncan/Horry/Rodman
C: Robinson/ Cummings

The random players such as DelNegro, Kerr, J.R. Reid, and Elie are not because they were super great, I just liked them. The others are based on talent.

exstatic
07-11-2009, 10:35 AM
C: Robinson, Gilmore, Nater
F: Duncan, Kenon, Rodman
F: Elliott, Mitchell, Bowen
G: Gervin, Ginobili, Robertson
G: Parker, Silas, Moore