PDA

View Full Version : Is there any chance Spurs might land Rudy Fernandez?

Doctor J
07-10-2009, 11:31 PM
As Portland approaches Utah for Paul Milsap (to make it succesful Portland will have to spend a lot of money - 8~9 mil per year), and as Rudy Fernandez's role is clashed with Brandon Roy's, is there any chance Spurs might get this Spanish guy?

Fernandez, just like Manu, is a proven big time player, a great three point shooter, a creative passer and an athelte.

Provided Bowen returns and plays a rockdown defender role for 15 minutes a game, he and Bowen could be a final puzzle to the championship run.

What do you think?

ss1986v2
07-10-2009, 11:33 PM
who?

Doctor J
07-10-2009, 11:38 PM
who?

Sorry. It's Rudy Fernandez, not Fernando Martinez.

Fernando Martinez was a Spanish legend big man in the 80s. :bang

tomtom
07-10-2009, 11:49 PM
not gonna happen rudy pretty good talent but even i know pritchard would demand more than he's even worth.

Doctor J
07-10-2009, 11:51 PM
not gonna happen rudy pretty good talent but even i know pritchard would demand more than he's even worth.

But his role is clashed with Roy's, and he is not happy at all for lack of playing time.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-10-2009, 11:52 PM
I think Fernandez is an excellent player on a very cheap rookie contract and there's no way Portand would give him up. Further, I think Prichard would burn in hell before he'd ever help us out.

ss1986v2
07-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Sorry. It's Rudy Fernandez, not Fernando Martinez.

Fernando Martinez was a Spanish legend big man in the 80s. :bang

oh, ok. then no. we have zero chance at rudy.

poeticism707
07-10-2009, 11:54 PM
I guess if Pop traded the hand of midas, we might have a shot...

Thompson
07-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Even if the Blazers wanted to get rid of him, they would make sure to get something good for him. And they live to screw us, so they're not doing us any favors.

jag
07-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Fernando Martinez might be willing to accept the LLE.

barbacoataco
07-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Blazers aren't trading Rudy. But they are over-loaded at SF with Martell Webster, Outlaw and Batum all at that position. Webster was hurt last year so it worked out. But he is expected to return and one of those 3 will be traded IMO. Spurs could use any of them.

Webster, Outlaw or Batum?????????????????

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Blazers aren't trading Rudy. But they are over-loaded at SF with Martell Webster, Outlaw and Batum all at that position. Webster was hurt last year so it worked out. But he is expected to return and one of those 3 will be traded IMO. Spurs could use any of them.

Webster, Outlaw or Batum?????????????????

They won't offload Batum (rookie contract, high ceiling), so it's down to the other two, neither of whom is a stopper, and both of who are earning about 4mil. I don't see the fit.

barbacoataco
07-11-2009, 12:17 AM
They won't offload Batum (rookie contract, high ceiling), so it's down to the other two, neither of whom is a stopper, and both of who are earning about 4mil. I don't see the fit.

You're right. Outlaw is not clutch and pretty much folded in the playoffs. Webster is mainly just a 3 pt shooter.

poeticism707
07-11-2009, 12:18 AM

Yep.

exstatic
07-11-2009, 12:25 AM
It depends if they want the SURE extra $7M of cap room next summer. Pryz may opt out. Then again, he may not. If they want to be sure, they take our last 3 expiring contracts (Mase, Fin, Bon) and trade us Pryz and Fernandez. He's the non-negotiable price of offloading Pryzbila.

Did I miss something about Pritchard? The Spurs gave him his start and big break, and Pop/RC always want to see guys leave and do well. Was there some sort of falling out?

NickiRasgo
07-11-2009, 12:29 AM
He plays good, I liked his shooting accuracy and also good in making decision even though he is still a Rookie.

bishopospurs
07-11-2009, 12:31 AM
I would love it, but it isn't happening. He is on a rookie scale contract and makes it difficult to even match numbers.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-11-2009, 12:35 AM
It depends if they want the SURE extra $7M of cap room next summer. Pryz may opt out. Then again, he may not. If they want to be sure, they take our last 3 expiring contracts (Mase, Fin, Bon) and trade us Pryz and Fernandez. He's the non-negotiable price of offloading Pryzbila.

Did I miss something about Pritchard? The Spurs gave him his start and big break, and Pop/RC always want to see guys leave and do well. Was there some sort of falling out?

And they'll only do that once they're more comfortable about Oden's health. Sounds like a mid-season possibility to me, which would work better for us too as it would give us a chance to trot out the young frontcourt and see who's going to work out.

Grabbing Rudy is an enticing prospect. I think he could be Manu-lite in a year or two.

IcemanCometh
07-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Is there any chance we could land Lebron James? What are you retarded?

Doctor J
07-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Is there any chance we could land Lebron James? What are you retarded?

That was a very kind word... Thank you!

Kori Ellis
07-11-2009, 02:03 AM

They have coveted Outlaw in the past. So might take a look at trading for him -- it wouldn't hurt to have a 6'9 SF who can score a bit.

slick'81
07-11-2009, 02:03 AM
i just dont c us getting ne1 of real value in a trade involving bonner and/or finely

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-11-2009, 02:31 AM
They have coveted Outlaw in the past. So might take a look at trading for him -- it wouldn't hurt to have a 6'9 SF who can score a bit.

Sure, just doesn't fit a need is all.

Actually, I really like Outlaw - he's long, athletic (although he doesn't maximise his use of it), sweet stroke, not afraid to take (and make) big shots. Is there any potential to develop him as a stopper? I haven't payed close attention to his D.

poeticism707
07-11-2009, 02:35 AM
Sure, just doesn't fit a need is all.

Actually, I really like Outlaw - he's long, athletic (although he doesn't maximise his use of it), sweet stroke, not afraid to take (and make) big shots. Is there any potential to develop him as a stopper? I haven't payed close attention to his D.
:wow

Chieflion
07-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Not when he thinks he is Michael Jordan and starts to take a dribble , 1 step, pull up 20 footer.

Rogue
07-11-2009, 06:54 AM
La espanol mancho es bueno. I mean spurs should try 100% hard to get him even if the chance is very slim. After signing Dyess and getting Jefferson, now the only spot in the starting 5 needing some upgrade is just the 2, which is bound to count on Mason for another season if no more change happens in this summer. Personally I think Fin is no more than a bench-off guy at such an age, playing him as a starting player would be a big embarrassment for a team as great as Spurms. Rudy has awesome athleticism and obove-average court vision, both of which can produce much more than what this role is required. As a volatile shoot-only guard, a role of 7th man might be the most Mason can expect on this Spurs team.

Chieflion
07-11-2009, 07:03 AM
La espanol mancho es bueno. I mean spurs should try 100% hard to get him even if the chance is very slim. After signing Dyess and getting Jefferson, now the only spot in the starting 5 needing some upgrade is just the 2, which is bound to count on Mason for another season if no more change happens in this summer. Personally I think Fin is no more than a bench-off guy at such an age, playing him as a starting player would be a big embarrassment for a team as great as Spurms. Rudy has awesome athleticism and obove-average court vision, both of which can produce much more than what this role is required. As a volatile shoot-only guard, a role of 7th man might be the most Mason can expect on this Spurs team.
Nice post, Rogue.
Still a closet Spurs fan?

Spursone
07-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Don't know of him. I guess he would make a great pitchman for HEB commercials on Espanol television.

:lmao

Doctor J
07-11-2009, 10:48 AM

Thanks, Rogue.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

As Manu is getting older, who else in the league can succeed Manu better than this guy?

I do not have confidence in either Finley or Roger.

lotr1trekkie
07-11-2009, 11:41 AM
ROGUE---I knell to a Mav's fan that makes sense. 3 expiring contracts for a solid backup center and a talented #2 guard as a starter. I believe the Spurs would have to add to the pot----Splitter's rights or Mahimni.

hater
07-11-2009, 12:19 PM
I would not mind Outlaw. Good offensive game. But be is like Gooden because he is not really a team player. At least unlike Gooden he is an ok defender.

dbestpro
07-11-2009, 12:21 PM
i just dont c us getting ne1 of real value in a trade involving bonner and/or finely

Yeah, that would be like getting something of value for Oberto, Thomas and Bowen. Oh,........... wait a minute.