PDA

View Full Version : Scola scores 34 against Bennetton in Euroleague Playoff Play

Nikos
04-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Shot 15/16 in the win over Bennetton Treviso.
:wow

Nice way to start the Euroleague playoffs.

http://www.euroleague.net/stats/statsPartido.jsp?temporada=E04&jornada=21&partido=220

ducks
04-05-2005, 03:51 PM
yeah but he had only 6 rebounds
rc
watch rc email that :rolleyes

bigzak25
04-05-2005, 03:57 PM
that's great news....looking forward to this guy.....wish he was on the team already....

Ginofan
04-05-2005, 03:58 PM
well it's not really AGAINST Tau since that's the team he plays FOR ;)

kolko
04-05-2005, 04:00 PM
4/4 from the FT line :D

Jimcs50
04-05-2005, 04:02 PM
4/4 from the FT line :D

when he gets here that will be 2-4.

:)

bigbendbruisebrother
04-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Shot 15/16 in the win over Bennetton Treviso.
:wow

Nice way to start the Euroleague playoffs.

http://www.euroleague.net/stats/statsPartido.jsp?temporada=E04&jornada=21&partido=220

Big deal. Benneton. Give me a break. Have you seen their uniforms?:

http://www.benetton.com/html/en/man/catalogue/images/04b.jpg

kolko
04-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Scola's two-point accuracy, 94%, is a new one-game Euroleague record.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Scola's two-point accuracy, 94%, is a new one-game Euroleague record.

Wow. Too bad he's not here now.

So will the Spurs have to buy out a contract to get him, or will he be free from his Euro obligations this summer?

kolko
04-05-2005, 05:06 PM
So will the Spurs have to buy out a contract to get him, or will he be free from his Euro obligations this summer?

He has one year left on his contract, but I think Spurs will do the same that Chicago did last year with Nocioni. They offered him a 3-year contract of about half of the MLE and with that money Nocioni bought out his contract.

Kori Ellis
04-05-2005, 05:08 PM
He has one year left on his contract

I thought he was under contract until 2008 or 09?

It doesn't matter though, I think what you describe (Nocioni deal) is what will probably happen.

kolko
04-05-2005, 05:17 PM
I thought he was under contract until 2008 or 09?

It doesn't matter though, I think what you describe (Nocioni deal) is what will probably happen.

Well, I checked and he is under contract until 2006. He signed it in 1996 for 10 years.

SLOVENIAN 8
04-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I dont see Scola in NBA playing a lot.I really dont know if NBA type of game is for him, for me he seems to slow. maybie I am wrong???

Solid D
04-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Pop said today on the Pop Show that the Spurs would have liked to have had Luis in already but the buyout situation wasn't workable. He said they have his rights and next year...if we still want him and he still wants to be here, we'll look at bringing him in (paraphrased). Pop said he's not what we need for the playoffs, we needed to address other areas for the playoffs (Devin is a real question mark).

usckk
04-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Slovenian 8....WTF is Rasho doing.

Solid D
04-05-2005, 06:55 PM
It was in the Slovenian SLK video. Rasho at the Spurs Practice Facility hit a half court shot. You see the reaction. It is what it is. As soft as a bunny.

Athenea
04-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Watch highlights of Tau-Benetton here link (http://www.euroleague.net/#)

SLOVENIAN 8
04-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Watch highlights of Tau-Benetton here link (http://www.euroleague.net/#)

Tnx!

waly.mg
04-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Scola is a player Like Malik Rose, but have more height and a 2-3 millions a year player

Malik is a great player but isnīt a 6-7 million player

Probably if the contract of Malik was 3-4 million, he actually would be in the Spurs

zeleni
04-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Scola is a player Like Malik Rose, but have more height and a 2-3 millions a year player

Malik is a great player but isnīt a 6-7 million player

Probably if the contract of Malik was 3-4 million, he actually would be in the Spurs

I dont see Scola in NBA playing a lot.I really dont know if NBA type of game is for him, for me he seems to slow. maybie I am wrong???

Scola is a great center potential with amazing executability. Like Rasho he needs basketball to have balls. :lol Scola and Rasho would be amazing frontline even when TD goes to the bench. Pop is simply making NBA franchise Euro-like what means making the most of teams imagination and scoring ability and making One player the least warlock like. Duncan is to this team as One to rule them all (but choosing not to be it just yet). If you make a team tremenduos (like Maccabi or CSKA in Europe), then a player is just a wagon. And not a wagon, a train will run over you.

If you get my drift...

(offcourse defence is - still - the foundation for just about everything)

polandprzem
04-06-2005, 12:39 PM
I would take Javtokas over Scola.

He's more like an NBA player. Great body and is a competitor.

zeleni
04-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Any of them is better then almost every other player on the market (even Jermaine O'Neal) and worse center then Rasho. :) Again Javtokas and Jermaine included.

Or maybe I'm just so in love with Rasho. But I doubt it. Was looking at Jermaine on tapes and DivXs when Brezec played in Indiana. That's not a center.

Dario
04-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Scola isnt intended to be center in sa, or if he is it would be bad decision. I really like this guy, for his size he is incredibly athletic and has more moves than average point guard=very hard to guard. And as i said in thread some time ago, he can get around ANY defender at ease if he chose to. I'm looking forward to see him in SA.

kolko
04-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Second game of the series, and Tau won 66-64. Scola made the game-winning layup.

His stats:

27 Minutes
12 Points
6/11 FG
4 Rebounds
1 Steal
1 Assist

T Park
04-07-2005, 05:27 PM
As soft as a bunny.

what should he have done, put his fist through the practice helper guy there??? lol.....

Dartherus
04-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Second game of the series, and Tau won 66-64. Scola made the game-winning layup.

His stats:

27 Minutes
12 Points
6/11 FG
4 Rebounds
1 Steal
1 Assist

FWIW, It isn't the first time Scola making the winning basket or beeing very clutch..Scola makes a lot of intangibles also, as the captain of his Team (like intensity, intelligence and leadership in the worst moments...for instance this game, where he was specially well double guarded by Benetton big men and his team suffered a lot from that).

Comparing him with Javtokas is unfair, Scola is in the Elite of Euroleague from several years ago, while Javotkas even in his prime did worse stats than Scola, having Javtokas playing in very inferior competitions (like the weak Lithuanian League, he didn't play the Euroleague, top Euro competition). They are in diferent leagues, both in playing skills and literally.

Scola skills and fundametals are also waaay ahead of Malik, other player who was compared to Scola in this thread, I remember a brilliant quote from some spurs fan after seeing Scola "Malik wouldn't do that even on an empty court" that quote reflects perfectly the skills difference between both.

Dartherus
04-09-2005, 08:06 AM
Just in case you didn't see it, search in emule for:
"EL_QF1 Benetton 59-98 TAU.wmv"
and youīll find a clip about the game commented at the begining of this thread. Check the player in white uniform, with the number 4, to see the next Spurs player :spin