PDA

View Full Version : Whilst at the Grocer, I Saw at Least 5 "Men" Who Were Wearing Purses

balli
07-11-2009, 03:37 PM
What? Do they think just because the straps a bit wider that it's not a purse? The only time a guy should have a bag slung over his shoulder is when he's carrying a laptop in it.

I generally try to avoid throwing the fag word around, but these guys who use shoulder bags to carry their keys and wallets are really making it tough. The whole urban-retro, hipster movement has hit a new low.

Trainwreck2100
07-11-2009, 03:45 PM
It's a satchel, Indiana Jones wears one

Slomo
07-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Stop following Beno.

Problem solved!

Das Texan
07-11-2009, 04:59 PM
What? Do they think just because the straps a bit wider that it's not a purse? The only time a guy should have a bag slung over his shoulder is when he's carrying a laptop in it.

I generally try to avoid throwing the fag word around, but these guys who use shoulder bags to carry their keys and wallets are really making it tough. The whole urban-retro, hipster movement has hit a new low.

It's a satchel, Indiana Jones wears one

ya you ruhtard.

balli
07-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Indy had an excuse. He had to have somewhere to put his historical artifacts and shit, as he needed his hands free for the purpose of his adventures.

If your artifacts are just an iphone and wallet and you're carying them in a satchel/man-purse because your jeans are too skinny to fit anything in the pockets, yeah, you're no Indiana Jones.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-11-2009, 05:17 PM
"it's called a satchel"

Trainwreck2100
07-11-2009, 05:19 PM
"it's called a satchel"

:lol dud you are so funny:lol man i wish i thought of saying that

balli
07-11-2009, 05:20 PM
"it's called a satchel"
Haggle over the semantics all you like. Me Personally? I don't care what it's called. I just care what it is.

Summers
07-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Says the guy who just used the word "whilst".

:)

balli
07-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Says the guy who just used the word "whilst".

:)

:lol I even thought of that. But hey, I couldn't add "while I was at the grocery store" to an already too long title.

Either way, man-purses are way gayer than haughty verbiage.

jman3000
07-11-2009, 05:32 PM
I've never seen anybody with those in Texas.

Must be a yuppie thing.

Summers
07-11-2009, 05:32 PM
:lol I even thought of that. But hey, I couldn't add "while I was at the grocery store" to an already too long title.

Either way, man-purses are way gayer than haughty verbiage.

Ooh, I don't know... depends on the man, I think.

jman3000
07-11-2009, 05:35 PM
nothing wrong with "whilst".

It's pretty useful. Typing it is acceptable... but I think saying it in the real world would be pretty gay.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Haggle over the semantics all you like. Me Personally? I don't care what it's called. I just care what it is.
take off your quotation glasses.

SonOfAGun
07-11-2009, 05:54 PM
it's a satchel, indiana jones wears one

lol

traitoravery
07-11-2009, 05:57 PM

Must be a yuppie thing.

Umm have you ever been to Austin?

Johnson
07-11-2009, 11:15 PM
me neither. Texas is the he-man state.

Except for Austin that is.

slacker77
07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
european handbag ?

Supreme_Being
07-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I have a Louis Vuitton Damier Geant Citadin Terre City Bag that I'm sure you'd classify as a man purse. I think it's a bit of a man purse too. But the convenience that it offers (no bulges in your pocket) is just so nice. And it's some sort of a status symbol too, now that I think about it!

MsMcGillyCutty
07-12-2009, 11:46 AM
I find them to be quite sexy.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/MMehaffey/beckhambag.jpg

MsMcGillyCutty
07-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Some of you guys could use one. http://www.manbag.com/product.htm

Leetonidas
07-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Why did you take the juana off your name balli?

Oh and I agree. Yeah. Keepin' it on topic.

Leetonidas
07-12-2009, 02:15 PM
I have a Louis Vuitton Damier Geant Citadin Terre City Bag that I'm sure you'd classify as a man purse. I think it's a bit of a man purse too. But the convenience that it offers (no bulges in your pocket) is just so nice. And it's some sort of a status symbol too, now that I think about it!

That's one of the gayest things I've ever seen posted on here.

TDMVPDPOY
07-12-2009, 02:22 PM
better then carryin a suitcase to work....

Summers
07-12-2009, 02:30 PM
better then carryin a suitcase to work....

Nope. I'm gonna disagree. A briefcase is definitely more manly than a purse.

DarkReign
07-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Looks like "the ghey" is spreading faster than the authorities can contain it.

v2freak
07-12-2009, 08:11 PM
What's wrong with guys carrying bags? Long as they're not asking you to hold em, I don't see a problem.

balli
07-12-2009, 09:15 PM
I don't see a problem.
Must not be sufficiently misanthropic.

lefty
07-12-2009, 09:18 PM

http://antoniomarquis.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/dallas-mavericks.jpg

Supreme_Being
07-12-2009, 10:37 PM
That's one of the gayest things I've ever seen posted on here.

That is because, I am in fact, gay. :toast

balli
07-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Why did you take the juana off your name balli?
eh, I felt it was a bit "in your face"... kinda immature. I went by balli on the last forum I posted at and everyone here called me balli too, so I just went for it. I figure 5000 posts in everyone knows what balli's short for anyway.

But since I've thought about it I must say, ballijuana was far more aesthetically pleasing to me eyeballs. I miss the dichotomy between the llij and the uana.

That is because, I am in fact, gay. :toast
That begs an interesting question... Is it more acceptable for a gay man to act effeminate than it would be for a straight guy? I'd opine that the answer is yes. At least the gay dude's honest. As an outside observer I'd be far less contemptuous of an obviously gay man rocking a purse, than I would be of a purse-wearing guy who was holding hands with some smoking hot chick.

Of course, being gay, I doubt you're into judging people over gender-role issues, be they gay or straight? I myself am fairly comfortable with it.

Supreme_Being
07-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Is it more acceptable for a gay man to act effeminate than it would be for a straight guy?

I digress. In my opinion, I couldn't care less on how the straight or gay dude is acting or wearing. What enthralls me with this whole 'man-bag' thing is the convenience it offers. I carry a lot of electronics with me. I have two mobile phones, an iPod, a DJ-style headphones, and a Sony PSP, oh and not to mention the car keys and my tad bulky wallet. Now, imagine carrying all those without a bag. Your trousers will have all the bulges in all the wrong places. Now, that, I think, is sad. :downspin:

Supreme_Being
07-12-2009, 11:32 PM
so you like not having a bulge in your pants?

I like my bulge to be seen in the right places. :toast

jman3000
07-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Does my laptop bag count as a purse? Shit

balli
07-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Does my laptop bag count as a purse? Shit
In my eyes, on the contrary. From the op:

The only time a guy should have a bag slung over his shoulder is when he's carrying a laptop in it.

CuckingFunt
07-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Does my laptop bag count as a purse?

Not if you stop carrying your makeup in it.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-13-2009, 09:13 AM
I own one.

It's also never seen the light of day in the US because I don't carry much shit on a normal day to day basis.

In the EU? Almost every day I venture out of the house.

SpursStalker
07-13-2009, 09:47 AM
People actually say "Whilst"

:lol

Cry Havoc
07-13-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm probably more metrosexual than I'd like to admit. But I hate that term. I guess because I want to take care of myself and look 35 when I'm 50, I should feel guilty about that? Whatever. I'm going to keep my skin and my body healthy, and if someone has a problem with that, well, they know where to stick it.

That said, this is a bit over the line. Men who carry purses are just too effeminate. I mean, really? There aren't other options out there for you?

Let me give you one, and something I use to carry stuff on (nearly) a daily basis:

http://www.chromebagsstore.com/messenger-bags.html

They're amazing. Made of truck tarp liner and a cordura outer shell. You could literally stab this thing with a knife and not have to worry about anything inside. They're not waterproof but they are extremely water-resistant, and they're much healthier for your back than anything you have to carry on one side of your shoulder. They have a sweet belt buckle so you don't have to lift it over your head to get it off. Plus, they look a hell of a lot cooler than a manpurse. And have a lifetime guarantee. I've had mine for almost 4 years now and it looks nearly flawless.

People actually say "Whilst"

:lol

People actually ridicule others for having a decent vocabulary. :lol

Dark Gable
07-13-2009, 09:57 AM
I never knew so many guys are threatened by a damn bag.

SpursStalker
07-13-2009, 10:02 AM

Whilst is part of a decent vocabulary?

:lmao

That's classic in itself.

Summers
07-13-2009, 10:27 AM
I like that Chrome bag... I'd consider getting one for RG if he needed it.

An educated vocabulary is hot, but "whilst" is a British word and British men are automatically under suspicion, except for this guy:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/MMehaffey/beckhambag.jpg

DarkReign
07-13-2009, 10:34 AM
http://www.chromebagsstore.com/messenger-bags.html

Thats ok. I'd never wear one (only because I have no reason to) but I wouldnt give a weird look if I seen someone else touting it around.

I use "whilst" often, didnt know there was such a stigma attached to it. But then again, consider the source...the same people who think men wearing purses is "cool" and "attractive". These are the same "men" who will wear make-up just as soon as it becomes socially acceptable to do so.

mrsmaalox
07-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Guys should carry their shit in whatever they want. But I personally prefer a backpack or briefcase; suits them better.