PDA

View Full Version : Lakers = long overdue for major Injury

poop
07-11-2009, 10:23 PM
1. i do not hate the lakers. i love kobe bryant hes the best player in the world, been saying that since '06.

2. Kobe's lakers seemingly only win in years when the competition is injured

3. in '08, they get have troubles with a geriatric spurs team, with 2 KEY spurs( tim and Manu) being injured, then promptly get raped by a healthy boston team.

4. in '09*, the Year of Injuries (ive been following NBA for a long time and ive never seen so many big time players and teams hobbled by injuries as '09*, and its not even remotely close) the spurs are still geriatric, have no manu at all, and tim is still not 100%. the lakers face possibly the easiest finals road ever: a jazz team that had been hobbled with injury all season, then in 2nd round would have lost to a houston team but they were without its top 2 scorers, almost all their bigs injured, leaving a 6-7 role player to defend the most talented frontline in theleague(and embarassing them often), then round 3 face the Denver Nuggets (no explanation needed) in the WCF

5. spurs were hobbled with injury also so we werent even in the picture luckily for them

6. in the finals they face an Orlando team who is completely inexperienced, had their PG and star injured, and totally dependant on the 3's falling.

7. of all the contenders, ONLY LA had no significant injuries to key players.(bynum was fully available come playoffs, Ariza and bynum in '08 were simply role players). the team who had Raped them previous year had several major injuries.

8. therefore, LA is due for a major injury. if Kobe or Gasol, or even Odom goes down, lights out. furthermore, if Boston, SA, or even a few others are 100% come playoff time the lakers cannot win.

9. kobe's Lakers could only win in a year when they were all 100%, and all the major competiton was injured.

discuss :wakeup

IronMexican
07-11-2009, 10:28 PM
So, the NBA was injured for thee 3 years in a row in 2000, 2001, and 2002? Alright.

Culburn369
07-11-2009, 10:29 PM
I'll do Number 9: I like it when we're 100% and our opponent has major injuries. Can't beat it with a great big stick.

pauls931
07-11-2009, 10:32 PM
We dont need Odom or Gasol to win the West. Were that darn good. This Lakers team is better than any Spurs team ever.

I think you had a typo... Gasol is the reason the lakers are worth a damn. He was the perfect compliment for kobe. I honestly don't know what other piece LA could have gotten that would have worked better. Odom, I agree.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-11-2009, 10:34 PM
People keep searching for the internet anti-Laker voodoo I only have.

La Peace
07-11-2009, 10:34 PM
HAHA

You make it sound like your wishing

Is that the only shot you got to win?

Culburn369
07-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Kobe done warned 'em: You'll soldier like I say, or, we'll get somebody in your place that will.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Pau wasn't a scrub lakaluva but Kobe made him a waaaaaaay better player than he was.

IronMexican
This shit is so repetitive now. I wish the NBA season could just start already.

These are most Laker fans - BEST TEAM EVER. It really doesn't matter what any team does, cause the Lakers are still winning it.

Spurfan - Richard Jefferson and McDeyes. That's exactly what the Spurs needed. Spurs are definitely taking out the Lakers now. Ron Artest actually makes the Lakers worse.

iggypop123
07-11-2009, 10:38 PM
yeah like we didnt have anybody hurt(bynum). the teams without injuries lost-Denver, Cleveland. injuries arent eveything cause we won and the magic made it to the finals without their PG.

iggypop123
07-11-2009, 10:39 PM

These are most Laker fans - BEST TEAM EVER. It really doesn't matter what any team does, cause the Lakers are still winning it.

Spurfan - Richard Jefferson and McDeyes. That's exactly what the Spurs needed. Spurs are definitely taking out the Lakers now. Ron Artest actually makes the Lakers worse.

great way to summarize what thousands of people are saying here.

Spursfan092120
07-11-2009, 10:44 PM
This Lakers team is better than any Spurs team ever.
That is just beyond stupid...beyond comprehension...exactly what I would expect coming from you.

Spursfan092120
07-11-2009, 10:45 PM

I agree with you 100%...there's no way of telling anything that's going to happen until it happens...I can't freaking wait.

poop
07-11-2009, 10:46 PM
So, the NBA was injured for thee 3 years in a row in 2000, 2001, and 2002? Alright.

i said Kobe's lakers.

a totally different team than the 3-peat lakers team.

poop
07-11-2009, 10:49 PM
I think you had a typo... Gasol is the reason the lakers are worth a damn. He was the perfect compliment for kobe. I honestly don't know what other piece LA could have gotten that would have worked better. Odom, I agree.

yes EXACTLY. Gasol is what put them over the top, he was the PERFECT piece for that team.

haha, he said without gasol and odom they would still win??? without those 2 they would maybe win 45 games.

poop
07-11-2009, 10:50 PM
We dont need Odom or Gasol to win the West. Were that darn good. This Lakers team is better than any Spurs team ever.

bahahahahahahahah seriously? without Gasol and Odom you guys win 44 games tops.

carrao45
07-11-2009, 10:51 PM
That is just beyond stupid...beyond comprehension...exactly what I would expect coming from you.

You really can't be sure unless you see the two play...

carrao45
07-11-2009, 10:52 PM
bahahahahahahahah seriously? without Gasol and Odom you guys win 44 games tops.

He said OR, as in 1, not both

IronMexican
07-11-2009, 10:56 PM
i said Kobe's lakers.

a totally different team than the 3-peat lakers team.

"Kobe's Lakers" have only been contenders for two years. What the shit is this thread about.

Chillen
07-11-2009, 10:58 PM
I want them to be all healthy in this years playoffs. If they go for the repeat let them earn it the hard way, it will be tough even with the addition of Artest and if they can resign Odom. That being said, if Kobe goes down with a season ending injury they will be a 2nd round exit playoff team at the most.

Amaso
07-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Umm, Bynum and Ariza in 2008? Bynum in 2009? Injuries potentially cost the Lakers a championship in 08.

Spurs_210
07-11-2009, 11:04 PM
So what was wrong with the Lakers before Gasol? Didn't seem to do much then huh? Truth is I rather face a healthy Lakers team so the no excuses and its both teams at 100% may the best team win.

Allanon
07-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Injuries or not, I don't make excuses.

May the best team win, that is all.

IronMexican
07-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Injuries or not, I don't make excuses.

May the best team win, that is all.

Exactly what I say. Boston was just better than everyone else in 2008. The Lakers were just better than everyone else in 2009.

ElNono
07-11-2009, 11:12 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/motivator3593515nh2.jpg

ElNono
07-11-2009, 11:13 PM
This thread frankly is sad. I hope NO TEAM is due for any injury.
There's nothing better that a hard fought series between loaded teams.

I don't care how he rationalizes it, OP is a douche.

La Peace
07-11-2009, 11:16 PM
So what was wrong with the Lakers before Gasol? Didn't seem to do much then huh? Truth is I rather face a healthy Lakers team so the no excuses and its both teams at 100% may the best team win.
ACTUALLY, obviously we are better with Gasol, but since you ask,

Rewind to 08 season before Gasol trade.

Andrew Bynum was having a breakout season and as of January we were piling up wins so fast that we were 1/2 game out of first place in the west. The night Bynum went down was the night we won vs the Memphis Grizzlies which was the night when...we held the first seed in the western conference.

So FYI, 1st Place in the west was the best we did without Gasol.

Bynum goes down, we get worse, get gasol, retain first, whala.

ducks
07-11-2009, 11:22 PM
bynum got hurt without gasol lakers are a 5-8 seed

Spurs_210
07-11-2009, 11:27 PM

I agree 100%
Its funny how Laker fans can get people all riled up. When they really are just trying to do just that and don't really mean the bs they post. Then the homers start posting stupid shit and then you have the homers on both sides battling it out. Then the whole board just gets dumber. There are some very knowledgeable Laker fans here who understand no team is unbeatable. Every team has a weakness and if put in a 7 game series were mismatches are exposed they could very well lose that series. Imagine if the Lakers happen to go in a series against the Bobcats they would have been a first exit like the Spurs. Doesn't make them not a great team. You would have to be an stupid fuck to not realize the Lakers are a great team and until proven otherwise are the team to beat. As it stands they are #1. Spurs made changes to try to change that but since no game has been played you can't say otherwise. Plain and simple.

Ghazi
07-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Due for an injury? Their core guys are very durable, so them being healthy is to be expected.

They did lose Bynum for a while last year though.

Also Gasol missed a string of games in the latter part of the 07-08 season. And of course no Bynum/Ariza in the playoffs.

Are they due for a season ending injury? No, since their core guys are durable and season ending injuries are generally improbable regardless.

LA24
07-11-2009, 11:31 PM
This thread is full of...poop.

Spurs_210
07-11-2009, 11:32 PM
ACTUALLY, obviously we are better with Gasol, but since you ask,

Rewind to 08 season before Gasol trade.

Andrew Bynum was having a breakout season and as of January we were piling up wins so fast that we were 1/2 game out of first place in the west. The night Bynum went down was the night we won vs the Memphis Grizzlies which was the night when...we held the first seed in the western conference.

So FYI, 1st Place in the west was the best we did without Gasol.

Bynum goes down, we get worse, get gasol, retain first, whala.
So if no Gasol trade and no Bynum getting hurt would you really say the Lakers would've taken the West? Be honest

Spurs_210
07-11-2009, 11:35 PM
The only people that are making excuses are the Spurs fans. We truck fucked the Spurs in 08, with no Bynum or Ariza. Just keep this in mind, when we win titles, we get em in bunches.:toast
I remember a bunch of excuses after the Boston series....

angelbelow
07-11-2009, 11:37 PM
what a fail thread. you must be very poor human being for wishing an injury on anyone. especially because it sounds like youre serious about this.

La Peace
07-11-2009, 11:38 PM
I honestly think we were capable of ending up 1st in the west (because we were first so we had that advantage), could we sustain it? No Idea, I strongly believe it would have been close had that unfortunate situation not occured. But it could have easily been the spurs winning out as well. No one knows.

But as a Laker fan that was one of my proudest moments. At that time we had Kwame, not Gasol, and we were winning because of the growth, development and commitment of our players (Bynum in particular). I was more proud then that I was when we made it to the finals that year. Getting first in the west with the same team that got bounced out of the first round playoffs easily the year before was impressive

Spurs_210
07-11-2009, 11:45 PM
I honestly think we were capable of ending up 1st in the west (because we were first so we had that advantage), could we sustain it? No Idea, I strongly believe it would have been close had that unfortunate situation not occured. But it could have easily been the spurs winning out as well. No one knows.

But as a Laker fan that was one of my proudest moments. At that time we had Kwame, not Gasol, and we were winning because of the growth, development and commitment of our players (Bynum in particular). I was more proud then that I was when we made it to the finals that year. Getting first in the west with the same team that got bounced out of the first round playoffs easily the year before was impressive

I honestly would say it could've been NO that year cause they were an amazing team. To bad they suck now....

ginobili's bald spot
07-12-2009, 12:01 AM
This thread frankly is sad. I hope NO TEAM is due for any injury.
There's nothing better that a hard fought series between loaded teams.

I don't care how he rationalizes it, OP is a douche.

DeadlyDynasty
07-12-2009, 12:09 AM
This thread is full of...poop.

Culburn369
07-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Whether we admit it or not, the vast lion's share of people wouldn't pass an injury assignment if it was offered to them.

I was tickled pink when Mutombo & Yao went down. I was thrilled when Nelson couldn't make an impact. I don't ask for any quarter accordingly with Laker injuries. I'll suffer those in bitter silence. But, I ain't ever passin' up an opponent injury. Never. & I ain't ever lookin' back. That's 15.

kromediablo
07-12-2009, 12:57 AM

screw the lakers

Culburn369
07-12-2009, 02:12 AM
screw the lakers

It'd be the best piece of ass you ever had, krom.

IronMexican
07-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Whether we admit it or not, the vast lion's share of people wouldn't pass an injury assignment if it was offered to them.

I was tickled pink when Mutombo & Yao went down. I was thrilled when Nelson couldn't make an impact. I don't ask for any quarter accordingly with Laker injuries. I'll suffer those in bitter silence. But, I ain't ever passin' up an opponent injury. Never. & I ain't ever lookin' back. That's 15.

What the fucking shit are you talking about? Jesus. I cam mever understand half of you're posts.

DenDen
07-12-2009, 02:56 AM
Gasol season ending injury=first round knock out
kobe season ending injury=memphis grizzlie

redzero
07-12-2009, 03:20 AM
The Spurs weren't going to win either way. And even if they did face Boston, they would be outclassed.

Culburn369
07-12-2009, 07:21 AM
What the fucking shit are you talking about? Jesus. I cam mever understand half of you're posts.

That's because yer used to seeing::: "the Spurs suck." - "Kobe > ____" - "Pops face looks like a coffee cake." - "the Spurs suck." - "I'm so pleased you kicked our ass in the 2006 Finals, thank you." - "the Spurs suck." - "he's a faggot and the Spurs suck." - "we're waiting on utopia" {Suns fans} - "I'm never watching the NBA again." (right after Fish/.4) - "I'm never watching the NBA again." (right after Fish lit Nelson's ass afire)

I ain't everybody's cup of tea, Iron.

MateoNeygro
07-12-2009, 07:58 AM

ahahahah me either, it's like gibberish sometimes.

Muser
07-12-2009, 08:01 AM
It's threads like this that I feel ashamed to support the same team as the OP.

Culburn369
07-12-2009, 08:10 AM
ahahahah me either, it's like gibberish sometimes.

But, Fish at .4 & lightin' Nelson's ass afire has a modicum of clarity, eh?

tee, hee.

weebo
07-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Why cheat the fans of two great teams by wishing injury on a player?? I think most of us can agree to have these two teams battling it out at full strength. That would be a fucking awesome series...lets do this shit!

resistanze
07-12-2009, 10:04 AM
DoK forum.

Culburn369
07-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Why cheat the fans of two great teams by wishing injury on a player?

Improves my odds to 16.

InK
07-12-2009, 01:45 PM

Lmfao.

poop
07-12-2009, 01:54 PM
never at any point did i say i 'wished injury' upon anyone...

i simply pointed out that the lakers have been very fortunate injury-wise relative to all the other contenders the last couple years. oh and mid-season injuries to the 4th option, who is fully available come playoffs, dont count.

Banzai
07-12-2009, 03:23 PM

that is a big statement to be making...without Odom and Gasol..the Lakers would not be at the top.

Kobe™
07-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Poop needs to go straight down the shitter.

ffadicted
07-12-2009, 07:36 PM
We dont need Odom or Gasol to win the West.

Joke of the year. Only a laker fan would undervalue their own players, including the one that took them from a lottery team to an NBA championship :wakeup

Not hatin' on LA, but anyone should be able to realize that without Odom AND Gasol, the lakers are back to 6th seed or lower, even with your beloved Artest

Dunc n Dave
07-12-2009, 10:42 PM
The only people that are making excuses are the Spurs fans. We truck fucked the Spurs in 08, with no Bynum or Ariza. Just keep this in mind, when we win titles, we get em in bunches.:toast

Vs. a One legged Ginobili and hobbled Duncan. You know something is wrong with Manu when he makes Vujabitch look like a DPOY candidate.

Banzai
07-12-2009, 10:45 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/deadly_friend.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3054)

sabar
07-13-2009, 12:26 AM
Duncan and Manu played well in the series before we pissed on them. Manu played in every game, and he played in the Olympics the following summer. We're just waaaaay better.

:lmao @ Manu playing well. Everyone was pointing out how poorly he was doing compared to normal Manu from then.

Ugh. To put it nicely, Manu Ginobili wasn’t at his best against the Lakers in Game 1. Offensively, I can live with his erratic play. With Ginobili, you have to take the good with the bad. Ginobili was the latter on Wednesday night as he finished with ten points, four rebounds, three assists and four turnovers, while shooting 3-for-13 from the floor. What’s harder to deal with was Ginobili’s pitiful defensive performance. He made Vladimir Radmanovic and Sasha Vujacic look like Hall of Famers. I know Ginobili is hurting and he’s probably fatigued on top of being hurt, but with his smarts and his natural instincts, there’s no reason for him to be by far the worst defensive player on the court. It’d also be nice if Ginobili would reel himself in when he’s struggling offensively. He compounded his errors by forcing shots and passes when it obviously wasn’t his night. It’s no coincidence that Ginobili finished with a plus/minus of -19 on the night. It goes without saying that the Spurs need Ginobili to play much better if they are going to be able to make this a series.

Manu Ginobili had his second straight sub par game. He went scoreless in the first half and was generally just ineffective. On the night, Ginobili had seven points, two rebounds and hit 2-of-8 shots from the field. While he definitely didn’t play well, I do think he played a lot better than he did in Game 1. His defense was better, his decision making was better and he showed a few glimpses of athleticism in the second half. It seems as if the media is trying to place the blame on Ginobili for the Game 2 loss and that’s totally laughable. Ginobili only played 23 minutes and by the time he got rolling, the Spurs were already too far in a hole. He cleaned up a lot of his Game 1 errors and I was happy with the way he competed. Ginobili is obviously either hurt, fatigued, not playing well or a combination of the three but it’s unfair to blame the first two losses on him. I’m fully confident Ginobili will rise above and figure it out for Game 3.

Manu Ginobili again didn’t have it in Game 4. He gave effort but his explosiveness just isn’t there right now. I’m not sure if he’s injured or tired but whatever it is, he’s physically not the Ginobili we saw in the regular season. In this game, he finished with seven points and six assists, while shooting 2-for-8 from the field. On offense, Ginobili was mostly in a passing mode. Even if he’d get a step on his defender, he was looking to pass rather than score. I thought he played good defense – even when asked to defend Bryant. The best news is his mobility was much improved. He was moving laterally well and his quickness is also starting to return. I haven’t given up hope that Ginobili will be able to bounce back. He’s obviously not 100% but he looks a lot better than he did in Game 1.

Lakerfan doesn't even remember their own series, bandwagoners :wakeup

urunobili
07-13-2009, 03:19 PM
They don't. Bynum was injured on back to back years. Pinkage for the OP

mytespurs
07-13-2009, 03:33 PM
:rolleyes to this thread

A little word of advice for some of the Spurs fans here:

Wishing ill will or bad luck on another team IS NOT going to get us a 5th championship!

The Lakers won the championship-they are the world champions-they are the best team in the league; so for all the ill will, arguing minutiae about "what if's", just let it go.

Look forward, not backward! :king

carrao45
07-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Joke of the year. Only a laker fan would undervalue their own players, including the one that took them from a lottery team to an NBA championship :wakeup

Not hatin' on LA, but anyone should be able to realize that without Odom AND Gasol, the lakers are back to 6th seed or lower, even with your beloved Artest

First you make an idiotic comment based on foolish assumptions, and then say your not hatin...ok

anonoftheinternets
07-13-2009, 06:08 PM
fail thread ... poop is poop ... lets have a full strength showdown .... no asterisks like this past season ....