07-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Fucking douchebag

Evan
07-12-2009, 02:05 AM
Lesnar is a...

PPV selling machine.

tsb2000
07-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Brock Lesnar is the baddest man on the planet!

IronMexican
07-12-2009, 03:19 AM
The shit

benefactor
07-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Douche. This ain't the WWE.

anakha
07-12-2009, 07:01 AM
Douche. This ain't the WWE.

Dana's obviously been picking up pointers on how to sell PPVs from McMahon.

So the difference isn't as big as you mght think.

pkbpkb81
07-12-2009, 09:25 AM
my friend ordered the ppv

and Lesnar made me a fan last night

CubanSucks
07-12-2009, 02:01 PM
If this sport ever wants to be taken seriously then assholes like lesnar need to show an ounce of professionalism. If I wasn't already a fan of this sport and I saw that shit last night, I would be on this board right now saying "told you mma is only a sideshow"

BlackSwordsMan
07-12-2009, 02:17 PM
lesnar is awesome

Behrooz24
07-12-2009, 03:46 PM
an embarrassment.

turiaf for president
07-12-2009, 03:59 PM
wutd he do? i know he won but was he an ass after?

TwelveGs210
07-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Brock is the best thing that could have happened to UFC in terms of gaining more fans, and casuals out there who still think boxing is better. The guy SELLS, last night is predicted at around 1.5 millions buys which is the BIGGEST non boxing PPV ever..he is giving UFC what they are missing, which is a good heel that you just wanna hate, a REAL LIFE villian, it's not gonna happen from my POV, the man is a beast, i am a definite fan of his, and i cant wait to see someone step to him and give him a legitimate challenge...he proved Mir's win was a fluke, mir looked like he went 12 rounds it was only 2, and i dont think that fool hit brock once..great entertainment value, great card, well worth my 44.95...cant say the same about the last "superfight" with that little bitch hatton..waste of my money..I'm hoping Cain velasquez is the real deal, I want to see that soon, I dont wanna wait to see Fedor vs brock...

BlackSwordsMan
07-12-2009, 05:19 PM
wutd he do? i know he won but was he an ass after?

he went up to mir and said talk shit now the crowd boo'd he flipped them off
then went on a rant about how he's gonna drink coors light cause bud light doesn't pay him

Dre_7
07-12-2009, 06:00 PM
If they have a problem with Brock then maybe the fighters that go against him should beat him.

CubanSucks
07-12-2009, 06:44 PM
If they have a problem with Brock then maybe the fighters that go against him should beat him.

:idiot

CubanSucks
07-12-2009, 07:02 PM
The biggest problem I have with that giant fuck is the weight advantage he's going to have in all his fights. Why the fuck do you think weight classes even exist to begin with? To prevent such bullshit lopsided victories like last night.

lightweight: 155lbs
welterweight: 170lbs
middleweight: 185lbs
light heavyweight: 205lbs
heavyweight: 235lbs-

You see where I'm getting at? Lesnar isn't going to lose again and the reason is once you get to the heavyweight class, weight itself is thrown out the window as long as you weigh 235lbs. So congratulations lesnar, you're only true skill is weighing 30+ pounds more than the average heavyweight

Rip-Hamilton32
07-12-2009, 07:26 PM
lesnar is the man.

Dre_7
07-12-2009, 08:18 PM
:idiot

Boo Who.

If people have a problem with Lesnar, than knock his ass out and that will be the end of it.

tsb2000
07-12-2009, 11:10 PM
The biggest problem I have with that giant fuck is the weight advantage he's going to have in all his fights. Why the fuck do you think weight classes even exist to begin with? To prevent such bullshit lopsided victories like last night.

You see where I'm getting at? Lesnar isn't going to lose again and the reason is once you get to the heavyweight class, weight itself is thrown out the window as long as you weigh 235lbs. So congratulations lesnar, you're only true skill is weighing 30+ pounds more than the average heavyweight

That's not true. In UFC, the max weight for a heavyweight is 265. Brock has to cut about 30 pounds to make weight. He's a wrestler though- that's not an issue for him. He knows how to make weight.

CubanSucks
07-12-2009, 11:51 PM
That's not true. In UFC, the max weight for a heavyweight is 265. Brock has to cut about 30 pounds to make weight. He's a wrestler though- that's not an issue for him. He knows how to make weight.

I stand corrected though my point is still just as valid. His weight is doing the work for him.

cornbread
07-12-2009, 11:58 PM
I stand corrected though my point is still just as valid.
It's a great point. If you're a natural 230-240 pounder who can't cut to 205, you're at a disadvantage to guys like Brock and Carwin who have to cut to make 265 and probably come in at 280 at the time of the fight.

That being said, it shows how much of a BAMF that Randy was to hold belts at LHW and HW.

dbreiden83080
07-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Lesnar is a...

PPV selling machine.

He sure is. the only thing Dana gave him shit for was bashing the sponsor, do i think he cared one bit that he got in Mirs face and shit talked the crowd? Nope.. Dana can tell the press that all he wants but i don't buy it..

ATRAIN
07-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Undisputed Champ!!

tsb2000
07-13-2009, 04:22 PM
I can't wait for Fedor to finally arrive at the UFC to fight Lesnar. That will be the fight of the century!

Whisky Dog
07-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Lesnar is what's going to keep this operation alive and making money. All you fan boys should love him for his ability to make people hate him. He's the "golden Jew"

UFC needs Fedor to arrive and pose a threat to build a rivalry.

angelbelow
07-14-2009, 03:05 AM
What Brock did at the end of the fight was rude and unsportsmanlike. But Mir talked way more shit than Brock did. I hate to say it but Mir deserved it.

Evan
07-14-2009, 06:51 AM
Lesnar is what's going to keep this operation alive and making money.

wut?

All you fan boys should love him for his ability to make people hate him. He's the "golden Jew"

I agree....would have phrased it better but I agree.

UFC needs Fedor to arrive and pose a threat to build a rivalry.

Lorenzo Fertitta

"Right now, Fedor's completely irrelevant to the public," Fertitta said. "His pay-per-view numbers have been 12,000, 30,000, and now Affliction is saying he'll get 100,000 [against Josh Barnett]. I'll take the under-70,000. We average 500,000 buys and we expect 1 million for this one.

"Fedor wants to use UFC for a fight to be relevant, and then leave and do his own thing. That's not our business model."

"We spend more money for marketing than anyone has ever spent on Fedor," Fertitta said. "If I bring in Fedor, we'll make him the most recognizable face in MMA, but we also want to recoup on our investment. You wouldn't sign Tom Brady for one game. So why do I want to sign this guy for one fight?"

Evan
07-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Lorenzo Fertitta also talked about signing Fedor during the Fan Expo:

The facts are the facts. We made him the best offer out there, more money than anybody offered him –- so you can’t say it’s about the money. Then they come back and they say, "Well, it’s a one-sided contract." Let’s break this down from a logical standpoint. We offered the exact same contract that three hundred other guys have signed, including Brock Lesnar, Chuck Liddell, Anderson Silva, GSP, all the top stars. Why is that contract not good enough for Fedor? What Fedor wants is this. He doesn’t want to be exclusive. So, it’s like saying, okay, Tom Brady: "I’m going to play for New England Patriots one Sunday, but you know what? After that game’s over, I want to be a free agent and go see where I can play for the rest of the season." Every weekend he’s going to skip around and play for whoever he wants. How does that make sense for us as a business or for the fans? He needs to come into our fold if he wants to cement his legacy as the best fighter in the world. We can figure something out with the sambo thing… (but) at the end of the day, I think we need to have a situation where at least 90 or 120 days before he’s signed a contract to fight, he shouldn’t be out there competing in events like that because I don’t want to take the chance of him getting hurt. But all of this stuff with Fedor: we want Fedor. As soon as he gets done with this show that he’s doing, he can come –- we’ve never met Fedor. I want to sit down. I want to talk to him and that’s part of the problem. We’ve never even met the guy. But it is a shame that he has not come forward to challenge the best guys in the world and I hope he comes. We want him.

[Sambo is] a big excuse for Fedor to say he’s not coming to the UFC, and quite honestly, I don’t think it’s Fedor. I think Fedor wants to compete. The issue has been his management. They’ve completely kept him aside. I’m not sure he even knows what we offered him, to be honest with you. I think if he knew what we offered, he would have been here a long time ago. There’s been a little bit of disconnect there… we want to meet him in person. We will not sit down and negotiate until me and Dana meet him in person. And if at that time he decides to not be a part of what we’re doing, then we know.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/10-questions-for-lorenzo-fertitta-18516

scottspurs
07-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I can't wait for Fedor to finally arrive at the UFC to fight Lesnar. That will be the fight of the century!

Fedor would destroy Lesnar.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Fedor vs Lesnar would be phenomenal. Fedor all the way, but i wouldn't completely dismiss Brock.

LEONARD
07-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Lesnar is dangerous for anybody...he'll always have the size/power advantage. But Fedor is way stronger than he looks and quicker than most heavyweights too. He just doesn't have the physique of a Lesnar, Carwin, or even a Couture.

Fedor should really be a LHW given his frame, but he doesn't care to cut weight...

TwelveGs210
07-14-2009, 12:38 PM

There is a cap of 265 lbs you idiot

LEONARD
07-14-2009, 12:41 PM
In reality, HW should be split up...it doesn't make sense to have the gap so big...but that's how it is for now...

235-265 HW
205-235 whatever-weight

would make more sense...

TwelveGs210
07-14-2009, 12:43 PM
that, or make super-heavy..not too many ppl to put in that category though

Evan
07-14-2009, 12:50 PM
In reality, HW should be split up...it doesn't make sense to have the gap so big...but that's how it is for now...

235-265 HW
205-235 whatever-weight

would make more sense...

100% agree.

that, or make super-heavy..not too many ppl to put in that category though

There would be Lesnar..Tim Sylvia and a bunch of other nothing freakshows like Mark Hunt who is highly overrated since he was in PRIDE.

polandprzem
07-14-2009, 02:10 PM
230 seems to have more sense

I was asking you guys about this pretty long time ago and nobody thought it would make anything better.
Now when 280 Lesnar beating everyone because of the size adventage ppl want to make new weight categories

resistanze
07-14-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm just waiting for Lesnar to do an F5 on his next opponent.

DarkReign
07-14-2009, 02:54 PM
He demolished Mir. The dude is a beast, but you guys say its a weight advantage thing, I'll believe it.

But I dont know...weight or not, he absolutely manhandled Mir. I dont think 20lbs would have made the difference.

LEONARD
07-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Lesnar is a...beast

After all the shit talking Mir was doing, I had no problem with what Lesnar did.

Though, he needed to scale the cage and drop a shooting star press on Mir's woozy ass.

Dana White has to be hoping he can go on a dominate Mike Tyson mode from the 80's or just pull a Vince McMahon and start booking him like a monster.

Every sport needs a drawing card, a villian and some people really want to see his ass kicked now. Especially since he was *GASP* a former wrestler and all the bros in their Tapout gear want to believe they're high above it.

The fact that he was in the WWE makes no difference...he's a collegiate wrestler that started training MMA just like 2/3 of the guys in the UFC. The WWE was an entertainment stop along the way. Anybody that thinks "wow, a WWE guy won the UFC belt?" is a dumbass...WWE is irrelevant to the real fighting world...

polandprzem
07-14-2009, 02:58 PM
The fact that he was in the WWE makes no difference...he's a collegiate wrestler that started training MMA just like 2/3 of the guys in the UFC. The WWE was an entertainment stop along the way. Anybody that thinks "wow, a WWE guy won the UFC belt?" is a dumbass...WWE is irrelevant to the real fighting world...

Yup but behaviour is there

:D

LEONARD
07-14-2009, 02:59 PM
He demolished Mir. The dude is a beast, but you guys say its a weight advantage thing, I'll believe it.

But I dont know...weight or not, he absolutely manhandled Mir. I dont think 20lbs would have made the difference.

It's not all about weight...he's not the first guy to cut weight to make 265. Tim Sylvia did it for years. The huge weight range for HW has been discussed for years. It's forced many down to LHW over the years (ie, Couture)...

dbreiden83080
07-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Lorenzo Fertitta also talked about signing Fedor during the Fan Expo:

The facts are the facts. We made him the best offer out there, more money than anybody offered him –- so you can’t say it’s about the money. Then they come back and they say, "Well, it’s a one-sided contract." Let’s break this down from a logical standpoint. We offered the exact same contract that three hundred other guys have signed, including Brock Lesnar, Chuck Liddell, Anderson Silva, GSP, all the top stars. Why is that contract not good enough for Fedor? What Fedor wants is this. He doesn’t want to be exclusive. So, it’s like saying, okay, Tom Brady: "I’m going to play for New England Patriots one Sunday, but you know what? After that game’s over, I want to be a free agent and go see where I can play for the rest of the season." Every weekend he’s going to skip around and play for whoever he wants. How does that make sense for us as a business or for the fans? He needs to come into our fold if he wants to cement his legacy as the best fighter in the world. We can figure something out with the sambo thing… (but) at the end of the day, I think we need to have a situation where at least 90 or 120 days before he’s signed a contract to fight, he shouldn’t be out there competing in events like that because I don’t want to take the chance of him getting hurt. But all of this stuff with Fedor: we want Fedor. As soon as he gets done with this show that he’s doing, he can come –- we’ve never met Fedor. I want to sit down. I want to talk to him and that’s part of the problem. We’ve never even met the guy. But it is a shame that he has not come forward to challenge the best guys in the world and I hope he comes. We want him.

[Sambo is] a big excuse for Fedor to say he’s not coming to the UFC, and quite honestly, I don’t think it’s Fedor. I think Fedor wants to compete. The issue has been his management. They’ve completely kept him aside. I’m not sure he even knows what we offered him, to be honest with you. I think if he knew what we offered, he would have been here a long time ago. There’s been a little bit of disconnect there… we want to meet him in person. We will not sit down and negotiate until me and Dana meet him in person. And if at that time he decides to not be a part of what we’re doing, then we know.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/10-questions-for-lorenzo-fertitta-18516

I agree with his thoughts but all that said, i actually think that if Brock wins a few more fights, the demand will be so big the UFC would likely be willing to get Fedor for just that one fight. So much money to be made off it. They don't want Fedor to fight one mid-level HW in the UFC and leave but he can fight Brock and leave, with the payday it will generate..

Stringer_Bell
07-15-2009, 02:11 PM

True. BUT, that was no excuse for getting up in a beaten opponents face.

That said, everything else he did was cool with me. No one gives Brock respect, and he was pumped as hell after the fight. And he's only getting better, so let's see how many "good guys" are going to get smashed until Fedor comes over...

Speaking of Fedor, I'd love to see him fight a UFC fan favorite in his debut. That way, Fedor destroys someone that everyone likes (like Coutre) and his next fight is against Brock...so it's like two mean, brutal fighters going against each other for the biggest title in the MMA world.

angelbelow
07-15-2009, 02:51 PM

235-265 HW
205-235 whatever-weight

would make more sense...

YES!!!! You nailed it. Completely agree.

dallaskd
07-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Im ready for Fedor to humble the shit of Lesnar. He doesnt know what is coming for him.

LEONARD
07-18-2009, 10:08 AM
circus act, according to Dana...

Dana - "Brock Lesnar and K-1 is a circus act!"

:fro

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2009, 11:40 AM
What are all you chodes going to do in two or three fights if Lesnar is still champ and clearly there is no one left in the organization that can beat him? Could spell the end of UFC, people lose interest fast.

Look for him to throw a fight soon.

LEONARD
07-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Noted:

1. Lesnar continuing to win could be the end of the UFC.

2. Lesnar could throw a fight soon.

:lol:lol:rollin:rollin:lol:lol:rollin:rollin