PDA

View Full Version : So had a talk with all my huge lakers friends last night

holcs50
07-12-2009, 12:06 PM
We were at a wedding reception/drunk and we all got talking and they really gave props to what we've done....but they still think the lakes are head and shoulders above us. Things they didn't want to acknowledge were blairs possible impact (crossing fingers), mcclinton didn't even come up for them- they were like who? lol. But I'd say the biggest thing for them was Ginobili. Not Td's knees or anything else but gino. In laker land here in socal people really think he's done-i don't blame them necessarily but the guy has a lot to give i think if he can play healthy-and i think he can. It's just funny you bring up gino's name and people kind of laugh now, especially lakes fans, cuz they saw his collapse 2 playoffs ago against them and then he didn't make an appearance this year. But I was like whatever guys see what happens next year when gino comes back as a threat then ur going to be crying and beggin forgiveness. ha.

coopdogg3
07-12-2009, 12:09 PM
/shrug

The Championship goes through them. They have every right to be as cocky as they want to be. Can't really blame them for ignoring a late 2nd round pick - I'm not expecting much from McClinton. I'm just hoping he provides a few minutes of solid defense on the quicker point guards and can knock down the occasional 3.

Darkwaters
07-12-2009, 12:12 PM
McClinton shouldn't come up for them. Hes completely unproven. There is always a 2nd rounder or two that ends up surprising people (and a lot of people think Jack might be one of those) but you never really fear them. They just pop up.

Blair is something different though. Sure hes a second rounder...but hes a special player. His pedigree says it all and the level with which he is regarded is unlike any second rounder in recent years. Their desire to see him as an afterthought is wishful thinking. Likewise, we should be wishful that those knees hold up.

Interrohater
07-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Yea, seeing as how I have no idea who their 2nd round picks are, it's understandable. And yea, it's easy to count out Manu since he's been hurt the last couple of years. I sincerely hope that he regains that intangible quality that he has which makes opposing teams hate him so much

holcs50
07-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I know guys, lol. Jack shouldn't come up, again we were hammied and i was throwing out the works at them-i just said he has potential to knock a few 3's in-but maybe not-we'll see. Point of my post was obviously about how all lakes fans really think ginos done-like no doubt in their minds. The guy needs a second chance and he's going to prove all these lakes fans/friends they were very, very wrong about gino

SonOfAGun
07-12-2009, 12:17 PM
People said Manu was done and then he wtfpwned dunked on multiple players during that one game. I need the gif, I lost it :(

Then he got injured again, but I know he'll be back. All the fans I talk to think Manu is completely done as well. :lol

GSH
07-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Nobody every looked more washed up than Grant Hill did a few seasons ago. His injury was worse than Manu's, and he missed basically 3 complete seasons, came back, and then only played 21 games the next season. He was the poster child for washed up.

The last three seasons, he's played 65, 70, and 82 games, and averaged over 30 minutes per game. If Manu gets healthy by December, and stays healthy through the playoffs, your Laker friends will need to have some excuses on file.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-12-2009, 01:00 PM
When Manu did play last year, he was really rounding into form, especially just before the AS break. If he can just stay healthy come playoff time, we'll be good. I expect him to play less minutes than ever this coming season.

Solid D
07-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Nobody every looked more washed up than Grant Hill did a few seasons ago. His injury was worse than Manu's, and he missed basically 3 complete seasons, came back, and then only played 21 games the next season. He was the poster child for washed up.

The last three seasons, he's played 65, 70, and 82 games, and averaged over 30 minutes per game. If Manu gets healthy by December, and stays healthy through the playoffs, your Laker friends will need to have some excuses on file.

Hill is a good example. People thought the same about McDyess. I wouldn't put Manu in the same category of severity with those guys and Tracy McGrady, but you can't know until a full season is played again. As long as Manu is structurally strong again and he can play without favoring one leg, he should be okay.

Go For Tree
07-12-2009, 01:18 PM
how huge are these laker friends you speak of??

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://theblacksentinel.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/fat_albert.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFeJmyx_3fMQrzkqiGzfnsurTVtaQ

tmtcsc
07-12-2009, 01:40 PM
With the way the roster is shaping up, I see Jack being sent to Austin or europe this year. With Finley still around, its going to be very difficult for Jack to find playing time.

I've mentioned it before, but people don't realize that Manu was having the best statistical season of his career before his injuries 2 years ago. While he may have lost a little bit of explosiveness, he has also improved other parts of his game.

If he's healthy, I have no doubt he will make a great impact when he gets back. He loves the game too much not to. I'm not sure many folks around here realize how much Manu loves the game and the competition.

He's all over FB during the offseason and season talking about the FA pick ups and the draft and the playoffs. He mentions how much he can't wait to play again and be a part of the Championship hunt.

Manu's going to be fine. I'm worried about Tim.

celldweller
07-12-2009, 01:50 PM
You have Laker friends? Wow, that must suck. Are any of them from L.A.? Can they even find L.A., or even the State of California on a map? Are they Cripts or Bloods? Wow. Do they own there own personal Chihuahuas. Wow, how fascinating.

Texas_Ranger
07-12-2009, 01:52 PM
You have Laker friends? Wow, that must suck. Are any of them from L.A.? Can they even find L.A., or even the State of California on a map? Are they Cripts or Bloods? Wow. Do they own there own personal Chihuahuas. Wow, how fascinating.

I was thinking the same thing... How can a Spurs fan have Lakers fans riends! :lol

DrHouse
07-12-2009, 02:28 PM
And Spur fan thinks Laker fan is crazy for overrating Bynum. At least Bynum has shown on an NBA level that he can put up good performances.

Blair hasn't even stepped foot onto an NBA court let alone played one minute of NBA basketball.

phxspurfan
07-12-2009, 03:24 PM
And Spur fan thinks Laker fan is crazy for overrating Bynum. At least Bynum has shown on an NBA level that he can put up good performances.

Blair hasn't even stepped foot onto an NBA court let alone played one minute of NBA basketball.

I don't think Lakers fans overrate Bynum. He's pretty dangerous when on. The only issue there is consistency.

To be honest I think we should be more excited about the Jefferson acquisition than anything else. The guy is gonna be a beast next year. Rookies like Blair may or may not pan out. I see a little Lonny Baxter in him...more than Elton Brand or whoever people are comparing him to now. I hope for the best, of course, but if he can just be like an Adonal Foyle that would be fantastic IMO.

And of course the road to the finals goes through LA. It's gonna be an interesting year.

SPURSfanINoc
07-12-2009, 03:47 PM

i live in orange county (an hour away from la) and all my friends are lakers fan. as far as character-wise, they're all good people. when it comes to arguing lakers/spurs basketball, it get nuts but its all respectable. what i respect about them as lakers fans is that they've been fans since the showtime lakers... not when it was the shaq/kobe lakers.

and no, they're not gang bangers nor own chihuahuas...

Strike
07-12-2009, 04:29 PM

My brother in law/best friend is a Lakers fan since the Showtime era. He talks mad shit when the Lakers are winning and I talk mad shit when the Spurs are winning. He calls Parker "frenchie", I call Kobe "rapist". He calls Duncan "wizard boy", I call Bynum/Gasol "the Charmin Twins". But it never gets bitter or personal. If the Lakers are sucking cock or do something stupid, he's the 1st person I know to call them on it.

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-12-2009, 05:21 PM
For the next 3 year window to be meaningful and get Tim his 5th (or more) ring....NO MORE international play for Manu. It's just to hard on his body after a grueling 82 game season and then even harder games during the playoffs. Manu's not no spring chicken but I will bet that once healthy he has not lost a step.

vednam
07-12-2009, 06:36 PM

This is not a good example. Sure, Grant Hill has managed to regain his health and play lots of games, but he is nothing close to what he was before his slew of injuries.

Manu playing 80 games while lacking the explosion of previous years won't mean much.

GSH
07-12-2009, 07:41 PM
This is not a good example. Sure, Grant Hill has managed to regain his health and play lots of games, but he is nothing close to what he was before his slew of injuries.

Manu playing 80 games while lacking the explosion of previous years won't mean much.

As far as Manu - he was pretty damned good near the end of the season. (The end of his season, anyway.) If he gets back to that level, he will be a very potent offensive weapon. If he heals properly, there's no reason to assume that won't happen. In other words, he hasn't shown any evidence of functioning at a reduced level. When he's feen healthy, he's been very good. When he's hurting, he's mostly off the court.

And Grant Hill? I'm not so sure that he has any lingering effects of his injury. He may not be as explosive as he once was, but he also just finished his 14th season. When he was young, he played over 40 minutes per game, compared to about 30 minutes in Phoenix. When you adjust for playing time, his numbers aren't as far off as you might think. Then consider that he used to be the first option on his team, and got the most touches. Now he's behind Nash, Amare, and Shaq.

The point is, Grant Hill is probably performing as good as if he had never been injured. His numbers are down due to age, minutes, and his role on the team. Anyone using him to try and prove that Manu is washed up is way off base.

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 08:12 PM
We were at a wedding reception/drunk and we all got talking and they really gave props to what we've done....but they still think the lakes are head and shoulders above us. Things they didn't want to acknowledge were blairs possible impact (crossing fingers), mcclinton didn't even come up for them- they were like who? lol. But I'd say the biggest thing for them was Ginobili. Not Td's knees or anything else but gino. In laker land here in socal people really think he's done-i don't blame them necessarily but the guy has a lot to give i think if he can play healthy-and i think he can. It's just funny you bring up gino's name and people kind of laugh now, especially lakes fans, cuz they saw his collapse 2 playoffs ago against them and then he didn't make an appearance this year. But I was like whatever guys see what happens next year when gino comes back as a threat then ur going to be crying and beggin forgiveness. ha.

As a Lakers fan the only Spurs players that actually scares me are Ginobili and McDyess, because they are clutch. Td chokes and will be outplayed by Gasol and/or Bynum, Parker give him the jumpshot and he ll lay bricks all night ala Jefferson.

Impact or Blair? McClinton? If Bynum is fully healthy, he alone will destroy the Spurs and the rest of the league. And with the addition of Artest there's no hope for the rest of the league, barring a major injury for the Lakers.

GSH
07-12-2009, 08:21 PM
As a Lakers fan the only Spurs players that actually scares me are Ginobili and McDyess, because they are clutch. Td chokes and will be outplayed by Gasol and/or Bynum, Parker give him the jumpshot and he ll lay bricks all night ala Jefferson.

Impact or Blair? McClinton? If Bynum is fully healthy, he alone will destroy the Spurs and the rest of the league. And with the addition of Artest there's no hope for the rest of the league, barring a major injury for the Lakers.

Maybe you should focus on how to keep the Staples Center from being repossessed to pay some of your state's IOU's. And then figure out how the team is going to deal with all that bad karma they've taken on by signing Artest.

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Maybe you should focus on how to keep the Staples Center from being repossessed to pay some of your state's IOU's. And then figure out how the team is going to deal with all that bad karma they've taken on by signing Artest.

Rofl, worry about dumping Jefferson's salary to another sucker when he gets exposed not being able to knock down jumpers, getting Jefferson was a panic move and nothing more, so don't get your hopes up too high.

Spursfan092120
07-12-2009, 09:12 PM
how huge are these laker friends you speak of??

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://theblacksentinel.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/fat_albert.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFeJmyx_3fMQrzkqiGzfnsurTVtaQ
That's what I was thinking....are they

Huge Laker friends?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3009/2587892061_16e2c60b0c.jpg

Or HUGE Laker friends?
http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/lakersfans625june16.jpg

Spursfan092120
07-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Rofl, worry about dumping Jefferson's salary to another sucker when he gets exposed not being able to knock down jumpers, getting Jefferson was a panic move and nothing more, so don't get your hopes up too high.
You must know absolutely nothing about basketball...Richard Jefferson is one of only two people to average over 20 points a game over the past two seasons while playing all 82 games. If you don't think that's an upgrade from what we had before, you're ignorant as shit....wait..what the hell am I even talking to you for...

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/STFU_NOOB.jpg

Spursfan092120
07-12-2009, 09:20 PM

:wow:wow
You have got to be a troll...no one is this stupid. Seriously..no one. Bynum hasn't proven shit...Duncan chokes? Seriously? The dude is more clutch than anyone on your team not named Kobe. Gasol is owned constantly by Tim, and if the Lakers were stupid enough to put Bynum on Tim, he'd end up in the mental hospital eating his own feces...yeah..it would be that bad. You're either a troll or one of the biggest homers ever...you need to have a chat with guys like Allanon and Deadly Dynasty..real Laker fans who know what the fuck they're talking about...guys who aren't blinded by purple and gold sunglasses and know that the Spurs just made some great additions and are going to give the Lakers a fight. Truth is, you easily could have been bumped in the second round of the playoffs this year...and almost did..to an injury riddled Rockets team. But you won the title..fair and square. But after only signing Artest, and dumping Ariza, to think that no other team has a prayer against the Lakers after all the huge signings that have been made this offseason, you are a complete idiot...but I think you're a troll...you couldn't be that stupid...could you?

Spursfan092120
07-12-2009, 09:23 PM

No one's overrating Blair..we're saying he can take up space..and that he can..that's all we want...a guy who can rebound the ball and put up a few buckets..we don't need an All Star at C with our lineup...how many freaking times do we have to tell you this...while idiots like A Bomb are saying that if Bynum's healthy, no team in the NBA stands a chance against him..that's retarded.

Cry Havoc
07-12-2009, 09:51 PM

Here's the difference.

Spurs fans: Wow. This guy Blair fell into our laps at #37. He might even be able to get 15-20 minutes per game and work the glass. 8 rebounds per game would be amazing if he can do that.

Some Lakers fans: Bynum is going to be at least what Tim Duncan was with more athleticism.
Other Lakers fans: Bynum is going to dominate the league and be a perennial all-star.

You guys decided that your unproven center was "one of the top 25 players in the NBA" before he'd ever played a full season with good stats. Even the most staunch Spurs/Blair fan is saying, "Wow, he might be a vital cog in our machine." No one has been saying he's going to crush the rest of the league and be "at least" Tim Duncan. :lol

Huge difference. We're really optimistic about Blair, but if we're unreasonable about him, it's not by a whole lot. You guys had Bynum as the next Hakeem the day he donned a Lakers jersey. :lol

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 09:57 PM
:wow:wow
You have got to be a troll...no one is this stupid. Seriously..no one. Bynum hasn't proven shit...Duncan chokes? Seriously? The dude is more clutch than anyone on your team not named Kobe. Gasol is owned constantly by Tim, and if the Lakers were stupid enough to put Bynum on Tim, he'd end up in the mental hospital eating his own feces...yeah..it would be that bad. You're either a troll or one of the biggest homers ever...you need to have a chat with guys like Allanon and Deadly Dynasty..real Laker fans who know what the fuck they're talking about...guys who aren't blinded by purple and gold sunglasses and know that the Spurs just made some great additions and are going to give the Lakers a fight. Truth is, you easily could have been bumped in the second round of the playoffs this year...and almost did..to an injury riddled Rockets team. But you won the title..fair and square. But after only signing Artest, and dumping Ariza, to think that no other team has a prayer against the Lakers after all the huge signings that have been made this offseason, you are a complete idiot...but I think you're a troll...you couldn't be that stupid...could you?

So I 'm a troll for stating what I feel to be true? Kobe clutch my ass, he has the balls to take the last shot yes, but he's missed more last second shots than he has made. TD clutch? rofl, and you're a spurs fan? whose the homer now? You would rather have TD take the last shot down by one rather than Ginobili? So Lakers fan who agree with you or ignore you are real Lakers fans????? Bynum on Tim with fair refereeing, I 'm not scared about that match up at all, I think Tim would be.

Adding McDyess was a great move by the Spurs, but Jefferson was a panic move. A player like Battier who chould knockdown jumpshots, and play good defense on Kobe would of been a good addition, not a streaky no jumpshot, no defense overrated Jefferson. Who's gonna guard Kobe or Artest when he posts up on the Spurs? Even a movtivated Bowen who hits clutch shots especially against the Lakers is better than Jefferson. BTW how many games have you actually seen Jefferson play? None.

Regarding Bynum go look at the way he was dominating his counterparts for the past two years twenty games before his freak injury and tell me that wasn't shit. Even TD can't dominate like Bynum did in those 20-15 games the way Bynum was beasting on his foes right b4 his injuries. TD is on his downhill of his career and Bynum is just learning how to crawl.

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 10:00 PM
No one's overrating Blair..we're saying he can take up space..and that he can..that's all we want...a guy who can rebound the ball and put up a few buckets..we don't need an All Star at C with our lineup...how many freaking times do we have to tell you this...while idiots like A Bomb are saying that if Bynum's healthy, no team in the NBA stands a chance against him..that's retarded.

We are comparing the Spurs to the Lakers, wtf is Blair gonna guard? He can't guard Bynum, Gasol, or Odom. What impact is he gonna have? And yes Bynum fully healthy and in mid season form, is a beast go watch his games b4 his injures and tell me you don't see a perennial all star.

Cry Havoc
07-12-2009, 10:03 PM
his games b4 his injures and tell me you don't see a perennial all star.

Yep. Everyone comes back 100% after serious injuries. :lmao

Right now Bynum does not even look like a starter in the NBA. I'm fairly certain Blair would shut him down once he's up to NBA speed, if Bynum continues at his current level of play. Those single digit points and rebounds in 30+ minutes of play are downright scary.

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Yep. Everyone comes back 100% after serious injuries. :lmao

Right now Bynum does not even look like a starter in the NBA. I'm fairly certain Blair would shut him down once he's up to NBA speed, if Bynum continues at his current level of play. Those single digit points and rebounds in 30+ minutes of play are downright scary.

Bynum wasn't healthy in the playoffs and wasn't in form, and as a bball fan, I want the Spurs to be fully healthy and on their A game when the Lakers play them, and I do hope gino and TD comes back healthy. Shame on you homers for wanting Bynum to not reach his full potential.

Blair is six freaking feet five inches, wtf I hope you arent serious about him guarding AB. Morrison has a better chance to average 28 points a game than Blair having success guarding AB.

GSH
07-12-2009, 10:16 PM
TD is on his downhill of his career and Bynum is just learning how to crawl.

And to think it was only 4 years ago that he arrived in Los Angeles...
http://cache.consumerist.com/consumer/images/india_fat_baby.jpg

Next thing you know, he'll be learning how to read.

DrHouse
07-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Bynum wasn't healthy in the playoffs and wasn't in form, and as a bball fan, I want the Spurs to be fully healthy and on their A game when the Lakers play them, and I do hope gino and TD comes back healthy. Shame on you homers for wanting Bynum to not reach his full potential.

Blair is six freaking feet five inches, wtf I hope you arent serious about him guarding AB. Morrison has a better chance to average 28 points a game than Blair having success guarding AB.

Blair would get OWNED by Bynum. That's fucking ridiculous. Bynum has at least 5-6" on him for crying out loud.

The only thing holding Bynum back is his injuries. Anyone who saw him play in the past two seasons when his health was good would arrive at the same conclusion, this kid is the real deal.

I will personally hand out the crow sandwiches when you morons are wrong yet again like you always are.

"Kobe can't win without Shaq"
"Lakers haven't done shit since '02"
"Gasol is a soft bitch who can't win a ring"
"Lamar is inconsistent and won't show up when it counts"

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 10:19 PM
And to think it was only 4 years ago that he arrived in Los Angeles...

http://cache.consumerist.com/consumer/images/india_fat_baby.jpg

Next thing you know, he'll be learning how to read.

Actually that does look like Bynum coming into the league b4 shedding his babyfat.

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Blair would get OWNED by Bynum. That's fucking ridiculous. Bynum has at least 5-6" on him for crying out loud.

The only thing holding Bynum back is his injuries. Anyone who saw him play in the past two seasons when his health was good would arrive at the same conclusion, this kid is the real deal.

I will personally hand out the crow sandwiches when you morons are wrong yet again like you always are.

WTF is wrong with you Bynum has 8-9 inches on Blair.:rollin

Cry Havoc
07-12-2009, 10:29 PM

Hasheem Thabeet
Height 7 ft 3 in (2.21 m)

Andrew Bynum
Height: 7 ft 0 in

WTF is wrong with you Bynum has 8-9 inches on Blair.:rollin

Wow..... the difference between 6'6" and 7'0" is 8-9 inches? U r gud at maff.

I don't normally call people out on the forums, but you're an idiot.

4RINGS
07-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Bynum = Kwame Brown

Both way over-rated!

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Hasheem Thabeet
Height 7 ft 3 in (2.21 m)

Andrew Bynum
Height: 7 ft 0 in

Wow..... the difference between 6'6" and 7'0" is 8-9 inches? U r gud at maff.

I don't normally call people out on the forums, but you're an idiot.

Sigh, Bynum is 7'1 1/2 Blair is 6'5" in shoes, and if those couple of inches make that much of a difference to you fine make Blair 8 feet tall. Are you happy now? 8feet tall or not he won't be guarding Bynum when he 's in the game.

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Bynum = Kwame Brown

Both way over-rated!

Wow, thanks for your input if that makes you fall asleep better at night than Bynum= Kwame.

lefty
07-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Bynum > Kwame

4RINGS
How tall was Charles Barkley? You do not have to be 7' to be effective in the post.

Cry Havoc
Sigh, Bynum is 7'1 1/2 Blair is 6'5" in shoes, and if those couple of inches make that much of a difference to you fine make Blair 8 feet tall. Are you happy now? 8feet tall or not he won't be guarding Bynum when he 's in the game.

lol math
lol you

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-12-2009, 10:40 PM

That's a deal. If fragile Bynum gets the better of Blair, I'll be the first in line for that crow sanchwhich while telling you how wise you are exalted one.

However, if what I think happens and Blair gets the better of Bynum will you then eat shit and bark at the moon?

Remember that Blair is probably not going to get no more then 18-20 minutes, while Andrew the last two years has averaged almost 29 mpg, so we'll need to use the 36 minute formula to compare.

From what I've read you seem to be a pretty reasonable, grounded, open minded Faker poster, and I'm ashamed to say I actually enjoy some of your posts - but this healthy Bynum would destroy Blair train of thought you got going on right now all I can say is put the crack pipe down and step back from the edge. You can't be serious.

I know Blair is a rookie and hasn't down anything in the NBA, but he is a beast. Did you not watch today's Summer League game. Blair killed out there in limited minutes. Last person I saw of his stature dominate inside like that was Charles Barkley. No I'm not saying he's the second coming of the Round Mound of Rebound, but he eats up space and has a very strong lower body and he has a 7 ft wingspan on that 6'7" body. Watch him on tuesday, I think you'll be impressed. I was. And I try not to get to excited about SL play because I've seen too many SL All World All Stars flame & fizzle out during the regular season.

I'll look you up my brother from another mother after the first Spurs-Fakers game. One of us is going to look pretty stupid.

Peace, Out!

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 10:44 PM
How tall was Charles Barkley? You do not have to be 7' to be effective in the post.

Charles was a freak of nature, Blair is no way close to Charles in terms of bball skills or athletically. And what does Barkley being 6'4 have to do with Blair? Are you implying all undersized pws are like Barkley? If I was a Spurs fan I 'd hope Blair turns out similar to Maxie let alone Barkley, muahhahaha HOMERS.

4RINGS
07-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Bynum will average 10-12 points and grab 7 rebounds per game. He is an average player, nothing special.

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 10:47 PM
That's a deal. If fragile Bynum gets the better of Blair, I'll be the first in line for that crow sanchwhich while telling you how wise you are exalted one.

However, if what I think happens and Blair gets the better of Bynum will you then eat shit and bark at the moon?

Remember that Blair is probably not going to get no more then 18-20 minutes, while Andrew the last two years has averaged almost 29 mpg, so we'll need to use the 36 minute formula to compare.

From what I've read you seem to be a pretty reasonable, grounded, open minded Faker poster, and I'm ashamed to say I actually enjoy some of your posts - but this healthy Bynum would destroy Blair train of thought you got going on right now all I can say is put the crack pipe down and step back from the edge. You can't be serious.

I know Blair is a rookie and hasn't down anything in the NBA, but he is a beast. Did you not watch today's Summer League game. Blair killed out there in limited minutes. Last person I saw of his stature dominate inside like that was Charles Barkley. No I'm not saying he's the second coming of the Round Mound of Rebound, but he eats up space and has a very strong lower body and he has a 7 ft wingspan on that 6'7" body. Watch him on tuesday, I think you'll be impressed. I was. And I try not to get to excited about SL play because I've seen too many SL All World All Stars flame & fizzle out during the regular season.

I'll look you up my brother from another mother after the first Spurs-Fakers game. One of us is going to look pretty stupid.

Peace, Out!

Go look at some footages of Barkley in his Auburn/ sixer days. ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS? Even Maxie is more athletic than Blair wtf are you guys smoking down there?

BTW Bynum will have the better of Duncan, Blair doesn't even come into the picture.

4RINGS
07-12-2009, 10:48 PM
A Bomb = typical Lakers homer

Bynum will dominate the league... very funny!!! Try again.

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Bynum will average 10-12 points and grab 7 rebounds per game. He is an average player, nothing special.

Can you give me the lotto numbers for tonite? BTW those are the numbers the Spurs wish they could get from their starting center.:lmao

4RINGS
07-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Can you give me the lotto numbers for tonite? BTW those are the numbers the Spurs wish they could get from their starting center.:lmao

Those are the numbers Bonner is going to score on Bynum in game 1 of Spurs vs. Lakers 09/10... :lmao:lmao:lmao

ElNono
07-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Being a Spurs fan and having Lakers fans as friends are mutually exclusive. Please make up your mind. Thank you.

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 11:02 PM
A Bomb = typical Lakers homer

Bynum will dominate the league... very funny!!! Try again.

Go look at the games when Bynum dominated, Chandler, Kaman, J. O'neal, Amare, Camby and the list goes on and on, there's actually proof he dominated those games. Stating facts not being a homer, but how do you Spurs fan compare Blair to Barkley? and you guys are calling me a homer? At least the experts had Bynum being an all star last year b4 the injury, but freaking Blair = Barkley? and whose the HOMER?

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Charles was a freak of nature, Blair is no way close to Charles in terms of bball skills or athletically. And what does Barkley being 6'4 have to do with Blair? Are you implying all undersized pws are like Barkley? If I was a Spurs fan I 'd hope Blair turns out similar to Maxie let alone Barkley, muahhahaha HOMERS.

Slow down there Cochise, no one on this thread or on this forum for that matter has said all undersized PFs are like Barkley. I'd like to know where you read that. What some people have been alluding to including myself is that Blair has "some" of the same qualities that made Barkley the player he was.

Blair too is a freak of stature. Did you watch him while he was Pitt? Did you watch the SL game today? If the answer is no then shame on you you feeble mind piece of foreskin. However if the answer is yes, and you still feel the same way about Blair even after watching him, then you're worse off then I originally thought.

Let me put it to you this way, when Blair goes up against a taller player, he negates the height differential by effectively eating up space, and because he has a tremendously strong lower body with tree trunks for legs he will effectively block out a taller player, you know the whole lower center of gravity thing. Where you sick the day they taught that in school.

Dude you gotta be worried, otherwise why would you be camped out on a Spurs board?

But let's wait and why don't you watch Blair during SL and maybe even a few games into the regular season. I bet your sister your opinion of Blair will change. Somewhere behind that sloping forehead and protruding orbital ridge there is a brain. Here's your chance to use it.

BTW, I've been reading some of your other posts and help me here, I can't decide if you're delusional or just plain stupid, but I don't mean that in a bad way.

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Go look at the games when Bynum dominated, Chandler, Kaman, J. O'neal, Amare, Camby and the list goes on and on, there's actually proof he dominated those games. Stating facts not being a homer, but how do you Spurs fan compare Blair to Barkley? and you guys are calling me a homer? At least the experts had Bynum being an all star last year b4 the injury, but freaking Blair = Barkley? and whose the HOMER?

Reading I see is not your strong suit.

celldweller
07-12-2009, 11:09 PM
I swear each time a Laker fan discusses Blair, his height goes down another inch or two. 6'8''> 6'7''> 6'6'' > 6'5'' (check in tomorrow for a height update) :lol

A Bomb
07-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Slow down there Cochise, no one on this thread or on this forum for that matter has said all undersized PFs are like Barkley. I'd like to know where you read that. What some people have been alluding to including myself is that Blair has "some" of the same qualities that made Barkley the player he was.

Blair too is a freak of stature. Did you watch him while he was Pitt? Did you watch the SL game today? If the answer is no then shame on you you feeble mind piece of foreskin. However if the answer is yes, and you still feel the same way about Blair even after watching him, then you're worse off then I originally thought.

Let me put it to you this way, when Blair goes up against a taller player, he negates the height differential by effectively eating up space, and because he has a tremendously strong lower body with tree trunks for legs he will effectively block out a taller player, you know the whole lower center of gravity thing. Where you sick the day they taught that in school.

Dude you gotta be worried, otherwise why would you be camped out on a Spurs board?

But let's wait and why don't you watch Blair during SL and maybe even a few games into the regular season. I bet your sister your opinion of Blair will change. Somewhere behind that sloping forehead and protruding orbital ridge there is a brain. Here's your chance to use it.

BTW, I've been reading some of your other posts and help me here, I can't decide if you're delusional or just plain stupid, but I don't mean that in a bad way.

I'm delusional or stupid? And you're indirectly implying that Blair is similar to Barkley just because he played well in a single SL game? Comparing Blair to Barkley is yes plain stupid, because Blair doesn't have Barkley's offensive ability or his athletic ability, who's delusional? At least Bynum put up bigtime numbers against good/ all star nbaers, not freaking SL competition. BTW Blair didnt even dominate in that game, even a scrub in the Lakers SL squad names MacCauley or w/e scored more points and had more rebounds than Blair. It's a freaking SL game, it's where players like Morrison looks like the next coming of Bird, with his perfect form on his jumpers and his pin point passing.

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-12-2009, 11:17 PM
I swear each time a Laker fan discusses Blair, his height goes down another inch or two. 6'8''> 6'7''> 6'6'' > 6'5'' (check in tomorrow for a height update) :lol

Actually I Dejuan is 6'7", but he's 6'10" with an afro. He's been known to wear platforms in order to get to 7'1". Wow, maybe he could be our Bynum stopper.

A Bomb

Check out the camp measurement, he's 6'5"

xellos88330

Undersized PF impact players:

Paul Millsap - 6'8" - 250 lbs (current) Note*: Paul Millsap averages around the same statistics in ppg and rpg as Bynum

Charles Barkley - 6'5" - 255 lbs

Larry Johnson - 6'6" - 250 lbs

These are all players named off of the top of my head that can/have impacted the game as undersized PF's in the PPG and RPG department.

DeJuan Blair - 6'7" - 265 lbs

Looks awefully familiar especially since in the SL (I am not saying this is equivalent of the NBA) Blair played 22 minutes and had a line of 13pts and 10 rbs. This was against a Hornets summer league team that played 3 legitimate 7 footers throught the course of the game. It would be dumb of me to state that Blair is the second coming of Barkley or Johnson, but if his production is that of Millsap's I am one happy camper.

One more thing, Blair weighs more than alot of bigs in the NBA. Bynum better prepare himself to work to get the inside position. A strong heavy short person with a low center of gravity is hard as hell to move without lowering the shoulder for a taller person. It's physics.

On another note, Bynum has absolutely no jumpshot. The odds of him hurting himself are greater when all you can do is bang in the paint. Blair at least, has a mid range game.

One more thing ABomb. How much Spurs do you watch? How in the hell can anyone say that Tony Parker has no jumper?

:wakeup

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5EH2yVYgz0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5EH2yVYgz0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

This is what happens when you play under the screen against TP.

GSH
07-12-2009, 11:41 PM
It doesn't work to compare the per-game statistics of two players, because of the difference in minutes played. But you can compare stats on a per-36 minute basis. Let's compare Bynum's Per-36 stats to those of the 6'8" Paul Millsap. [Note: Millsap is only 6'6.25" without shoes, while Bynum is supposedly 7'1".]

............Points.......RB........BLK.......STL.. .....AST.......PF
Bynum....14.8........10.3......2.4.......0.4...... ..1.8........4.4
Millsap....14.8........10.2......1.4.......1.4.... ....1.9........4.5

Weird, huh? One is an unstoppable 7-footer, and the other is a tiny guy who has no business in the paint. But their results are almost identical. What's even more strange is that even this past season, the ancient Antonio McDyess pulled down 11.4 rebounds per-36 minutes - exactly the same as the elderly Tim Duncan. Somehow two old fossils both drug down more boards than Bynum.

So if nobody can stop Bynum, it must mean that he's stopping himself. Otherwise he would be putting up better numbers than some short scrub, and a couple of old guys... wouldn't he? Maybe he's just not trying. Or maybe the other players in the league feel sorry for Tim, Antonio, and Paul Millsap, so they don't play them as hard.

Oh, by the way - Bynum has a wingspan of 7'3" and a max vertical leap of 33". Blair has a wingspan of 7'2" and a max vertical leap of 33 inches. But from what I've been told, the only way Bynum can achieve a 33" vert is with a Laker staffer measuring, or off a trampoline. And since a lot of rebounding is about technique - I'll take the guy who knows how, rather than the one who's just learning how to crawl.

xellos88330
07-12-2009, 11:55 PM
It doesn't work to compare the per-game statistics of two players, because of the difference in minutes played. But you can compare stats on a per-36 minute basis. Let's compare Bynum's Per-36 stats to those of the 6'8" Paul Millsap. [Note: Millsap is only 6'6.25" without shoes, while Bynum is supposedly 7'1".].

The ppg and rpg in my post should be quite accurate considering they both have relatively the same mpg. Maybe 1 minute tolerance.

GSH
07-13-2009, 12:11 AM

OMG... ASSHOLE ALERT!
A Bomb Just Bombed Out

LOL... I went and ran Bynum's splits from "last year b4 the injury". Look at where Bynum racked up all his big numbers. East coast teams like Milwaukee and Indiana, and teams like Phoenix and Golden State that don't play defense. And this is what he offers up as "proof" that Bynum dominates evahbody? What an idiot!

Check out his division splits. He averaged 18.6 points against the Pacific Division, 17 points against the Central Division, and 9.3 points against the Southwest Division. Wonder why? And against Detroit (McDyess) he had 12 points and 7 boards. And this was before the injury that set his career back? I know I'm convinced. There's no way we'll be able to contain him.

A-bomb, you picked a good screen name for yourself. Did you even think to look at the numbers before you started spouting? Here they are, just in case:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pgl.cgi?player=bynuman01&year=2008

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/psplit.cgi?player=bynuman01&year=2008

http://javarmonkey.com/gallery/64_20_04_08_11_15_02.gif

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Bynum has a nice jumper, but since the Lakers have so many weapons he doesn't have to use it, would rather have odom or Gasol play the highpost.

Rather pack the paint against the Spurs and have Parker and Jeff lay bricks than have Parker penetrate.

Those power forwards you've mentioned are good offensively, but Blair's game don't translate well in the pro's, especially if he's just there to board, he won't block many shots, and taller post players will just pass right over him. There are also countless undersized post players who have failed miserably in the NBA, and very very few actually have made an impact. I really like Blair, wanted the Lakers to draft him with their 1st round pick and even if the Lakers did draft him, I wouldn't have expected too much from him. Would have just wanted him to come in to push people around and change things up a bit, give the Lakers a different look and I still do feel Blair would have fit in better with the Lakers since they do have a taller front line and also wouldn't need much scoring from him. Blair be lucky to even be sitting on the bench up with the big club on both teams, so let's not go overboard with him becoming the next Barkley.

To compare Bynums numbers to Milsap is just laughable. First off Bynum is much younger, he has yet to tap his potential, and Milsap is what he is. It takes Bynum couple months into the season before he goes on his roll and puts up 20pts+ 10rbs+ numbers, and not only does he post those numbers, he also shuts down the opposition. The shit is about 15 games into this beasting mode he gets a freak injury and we are left to wonder what he could of achieved.:depressed Milsap is a nice player, but he 's not a game changer like Bynum. I'm not sure but I think Bosh and/or Amare posted better stats than Duncan, but that doesn't mean they impact the game as much as Duncan. It's comparing apples and oranges comparing those two.

All in all even if Bynum was a Spur instead of a Laker I 'd still claim that Bynum will eventually dominate the league.

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-13-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm delusional or stupid? And you're indirectly implying that Blair is similar to Barkley just because he played well in a single SL game? Comparing Blair to Barkley is yes plain stupid, because Blair doesn't have Barkley's offensive ability or his athletic ability, who's delusional? At least Bynum put up bigtime numbers against good/ all star nbaers, not freaking SL competition. BTW Blair didnt even dominate in that game, even a scrub in the Lakers SL squad names MacCauley or w/e scored more points and had more rebounds than Blair. It's a freaking SL game, it's where players like Morrison looks like the next coming of Bird, with his perfect form on his jumpers and his pin point passing.

No shit for brains I'm not, I repeat I am not indirectly implying anything. I'm pretty much coming out and point blank saying that Blair reminds me a lot of Barkley. Before I go any further less you get the wrong impression - no where did I say that Blair is the next Barkley. Got it? Good. But I am encouraged, no actually I'm pretty psyched because against a very good and tall Hornet front line he slayed. He was battling a guy 7'2", 2 legit 7 footers and a 6'9" guy and what's really cool is that he alone out-rebounded these 4 guys 10-7.

Now follow along closely, Blair at 6"7" is an undersized PF (like Barkley) who in college and more then likely in the NBA will be making a living wiping that board and snatching rebounds at a very respectable rate (like Barkley).
Blair (like Barkley) because of his build, weight, low center of gravity and what's often over looked is his athletic ability, he will be a rebound machine and he will if not dominate the paint, he will along with Tim and Dice control it.

For a 20 yr old rookie I think he did a fabulous job today, and if you saw the SL game, you saw the same focus, tenacity and pit bull mentality that I saw when he was a soph at Pitt.

For you doubters, it would be prudent if you just let Blair play the remainder SL schedule and maybe a month or so into the start of the regular season before you make an opinion. That way you guys won't come off looking so stupid.

Oh and for you Bynum will destroy Blair and eat his children camp, riddle me this, when was the last time Bynum was healthy enough to play all 82 games?
The answer scrolls across the giant Family Feud board, give me 3 years. Yes Richard the correct answer is 3 yrs. I will admit Bynum has skills, very good skills, but as fragile as he is, and providing he's well enough to play he will not get the better of Blair. Please don't say that Bynum > Duncan. One of the most ignorant things I've read, ever!

DrHouse
07-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Players like Bynum do not grow on trees. There is a reason why the Lakers chose this kid with their top 10 pick when he was extremely raw coming out of high school with only 2 years of real basketball experience. With good health Bynum has proven he can play at a very high level and be a dominant force on the floor.

Kareem would not be wasting his time with the kid if he didn't feel the same way.

All this talk about Blair is eerily similar to Spur fan's delusional rantings about Hill last season. When the playoffs came and the chips were on the line what did Popovich do?

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 12:29 AM
OMG... ASSHOLE ALERT!

A Bomb Just Bombed Out

LOL... I went and ran Bynum's splits from "last year b4 the injury". Look at where Bynum racked up all his big numbers. East coast teams like Milwaukee and Indiana, and teams like Phoenix and Golden State that don't play defense. And this is what he offers up as "proof" that Bynum dominates evahbody? What an idiot!

Check out his division splits. He averaged 18.6 points against the Pacific Division, 17 points against the Central Division, and 9.3 points against the Southwest Division. Wonder why? And against Detroit (McDyess) he had 12 points and 7 boards. And this was before the injury that set his career back? I know I'm convinced. There's no way we'll be able to contain him.

A-bomb, you picked a good screen name for yourself. Did you even think to look at the numbers before you started spouting? Here they are, just in case:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pgl.cgi?player=bynuman01&year=2008

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/psplit.cgi?player=bynuman01&year=2008

He dominated, Andrew bogut, J. O'neal, Amare, Chandler, Dalembert and other, those are pretty good defense centers in the league. I 've watched those games 2 years ago and they got man handled by Bynum. Those teams might not play good team defense but those are good defensive post players Bynum dominated, go look at the numbers they put up against Bynum. He didn't even play many minutes in those games cause most of them were blow outs, and McDyess guarded Bynum? rofl. Bynum might not have put up dominant numbers against couple good defensive teams, because if you took the time to think, maybe they doubled him? as in team defense? and yes they were doubling him.

What ever floats your boat, but let's bring this post up in the middle of next season and then you guys could tell me how Bynum's ass tastes.

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Players like Bynum do not grow on trees. There is a reason why the Lakers chose this kid with their top 10 pick when he was extremely raw coming out of high school with only 2 years of real basketball experience. With good health Bynum has proven he can play at a very high level and be a dominant force on the floor.

Kareem would not be wasting his time with the kid if he didn't feel the same way.

All this talk about Blair is eerily similar to Spur fan's delusional rantings about Hill last season. When the playoffs came and the chips were on the line what did Popovich do?

The operative phrase here Doc is "with good health". All your superlatives and hyperbole aren't going to amount to squat if Andrew "Sam Bowie" Bynum is again on the bench for yet another injury. I bet you know off the top of your head exactly how many games he played in the last two years.

Cry Havoc
07-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Rather pack the paint against the Spurs and have Parker and Jeff lay bricks than have Parker penetrate. :lmao Yep, containing SA's offense this season will be that simple.

Those power forwards you've mentioned are good offensively, but Blair's game don't translate well in the pro's

Speculation and hearsay.

especially if he's just there to board

Yep. He didn't score at all today.

he won't block many shots

Nope. He's never blocked anyone before.

and taller post players will just pass right over him.

Just like Thabeet did, right?

There are also countless undersized post players who have failed miserably in the NBA, and very very few actually have made an impact.

Lots of oversized and big ones as well.

I really like Blair, wanted the Lakers to draft him with their 1st round pick and even if the Lakers did draft him, I wouldn't have expected too much from him.

You wanted to the Lakers to draft a player who's skills "wouldn't translate to the NBA"? What the fuck are you talking about?

Blair be lucky

Maine, I seez it now. You's da troof.

so let's not go overboard with him becoming the next Barkley.

You're the one implying it's impossible for Blair to dominate or even contribute because he's undersized.

To compare Bynums numbers to Milsap is just laughable. First off Bynum is much younger, he has yet to tap his potential

There are also countless undersized post players who have failed miserably in the NBA, and very very few actually have made an impact.

Mmmm, self-ownage quotes rule.

It takes Bynum couple months into the season before he goes on his roll and puts up 20pts+ 10rbs+ numbers

It will take Blair approximately 3 months before he averages 33 points and 42 rebounds per 30 minutes of action. Keep up the idiotic conjecture.

and not only does he post those numbers, he also shuts down the opposition.

Blair will average 13.5 blocks per game before the playoffs arrive.

Milsap is a nice player, but he 's not a game changer like Bynum.

:lmao Yeah, he changed those Finals a lot.

I'm not sure but I think Bosh and/or Amare posted better stats than Duncan, but that doesn't mean they impact the game as much as Duncan. It's comparing apples and oranges comparing those two.

No. It's like comparing apples to a ritz cracker to pile of shit in your driveway that occasionally does push-ups.

All in all even if Bynum was a Spur instead of a Laker I 'd still claim that Bynum will eventually dominate the league.

All in all, even if you were a Spurs fan, I'd still say that you're absolutely clueless about basketball.

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 12:33 AM
No shit for brains I'm not, I repeat I am not indirectly implying anything. I'm pretty much coming out and point blank saying that Blair reminds me a lot of Barkley. Before I go any further less you get the wrong impression - no where did I say that Blair is the next Barkley. Got it? Good. But I am encouraged, no actually I'm pretty psyched because against a very good and tall Hornet front line he slayed. He was battling a guy 7'2", 2 legit 7 footers and a 6'9" guy and what's really cool is that he alone out-rebounded these 4 guys 10-7.

Now follow along closely, Blair at 6"7" is an undersized PF (like Barkley) who in college and more then likely in the NBA will be making a living wiping that board and snatching rebounds at a very respectable rate (like Barkley).
Blair (like Barkley) because of his build, weight, low center of gravity and what's often over looked is his athletic ability, he will be a rebound machine and he will if not dominate the paint, he will along with Tim and Dice control it.

For a 20 yr old rookie I think he did a fabulous job today, and if you saw the SL game, you saw the same focus, tenacity and pit bull mentality that I saw when he was a soph at Pitt.

For you doubters, it would be prudent if you just let Blair play the remainder SL schedule and maybe a month or so into the start of the regular season before you make an opinion. That way you guys won't come off looking so stupid.

Oh and for you Bynum will destroy Blair and eat his children camp, riddle me this, when was the last time Bynum was healthy enough to play all 82 games?
The answer scrolls across the giant Family Feud board, give me 3 years. Yes Richard the correct answer is 3 yrs. I will admit Bynum has skills, very good skills, but as fragile as he is, and providing he's well enough to play he will not get the better of Blair. Please don't say that Bynum > Duncan. One of the most ignorant things I've read, ever!

Yes you just implied Blair reminds you of Barkley. And if you are worried about Bynum's fragility, there's 2 reasons why Blair fell so low in the draft and I'm pretty sure you have no idea what they are, since you're a Spurs fan not a bball fan. Bynum's injuries were freak injuries and even w/o a healthy Bynum Lakers won the chip, so just saying watch out when he's fully healthy and rolling.

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 12:40 AM
:lmao Yep, containing SA's offense this season will be that simple.

Speculation and hearsay.

You wanted to the Lakers to draft a player who's skills "wouldn't translate to the NBA"? What the fuck are you talking about?

You're the one implying it's impossible for Blair to dominate or even contribute because he's undersized.

It will take Blair approximately 3 months before he averages 33 points and 42 rebounds per 30 minutes of action. Keep up the idiotic conjecture.

No. It's like comparing apples to a ritz cracker to pile of shit in your driveway that occasionally does push-ups.

All in all, even if you were a Spurs fan, I'd still say that you're absolutely clueless about basketball.

If the rest of you Spurs fan have your bball knowledge than lol. I'm clueless about bball and you're saying Blair will own Bynum? Go on any other boards and write some retarded shit like that, they'd laugh your asss off. Keep spinning it however you like, but only hope you Spurs fans have is Bynum won't be healthy and Artest implodes on the Lakers, Because even if those 2 things did happen, Spurs will still have problems beating the Lakers in a series.

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-13-2009, 12:41 AM
:lmao Yep, containing SA's offense this season will be that simple.

Speculation and hearsay.

Hey captain, who you gonna listen to - all the pundits and experts (real and perceived) who all claimed that the Spurs got the steal of the draft and how it's amazing that a lottery pick fell all the way to the 2nd round 37th pick where the Spurs FO cluelessly drafted him. True story the Spurs were actually trying to draft this guy named Juan out of Tiajuana A&M but accidently ended up with Dejuan.

Or are you going to listen to A Hole and his vast year and a half resevoir of basketball knowledge. When it comes to BB A Hole is a virtual cornucopia of knowledge and we'd all do well to listen to him.

GSH
07-13-2009, 12:42 AM
He dominated, Andrew bogut, J. O'neal, Amare, Chandler, Dalembert and other, those are pretty good defense centers in the league. I 've watched those games 2 years ago and they got man handled by Bynum. Those teams might not play good team defense but those are good defensive post players Bynum dominated, go look at the numbers they put up against Bynum. He didn't even play many minutes in those games cause most of them were blow outs, and McDyess guarded Bynum? rofl. Bynum might not have put up dominant numbers against couple good defensive teams, because if you took the time to think, maybe they doubled him? as in team defense? and yes they were doubling him.

What ever floats your boat, but let's bring this post up in the middle of next season and then you guys could tell me how Bynum's ass tastes.

LMAO. Dumbshit - they publish game logs, too, and the numbers don't lie. He racked up his numbers against the Clippers, Warriors, Pacers, Wizards, Bobcats, etc. He had big stats in January of '09 too - against the Clippers, Wizards, Bobcats, T-Wolves. He put up 42 pts and 15 boards against the Clippers. But a few nights earlier he had 11-1 against Houston, and 18-3 against the Spurs. How does a big monster like Bynum only get 4 boards in two complete games? And against Detroit last season? 8 points, 9 boards in 35 minutes. Keep an eye on the refs, because somebody's kicking the boy's ass.

And did you really just call Jermaine O'neal, Amare Stoudamire, Andrew Bogut, and Samuel Dalembert some of the best defensive centers in the league? OMG. ASSHOLE ALERT PART II - We have a soccer fan in our midst. Because you obviously don't know shit about the NBA.

If I were you, I'd be too fucking embarassed to even come back around here. At least have enough pride to make a new screen name or something. Because this one is ruined. And next time, check the numbers first.

And now that you're exposed, you don't want to talk about last year anymore? Let's roll forward to the middle of next season? Heh... if you weren't such a fucking troll, I'd feel sorry for you.

Oh, and here's the '09 splits and game logs. You can see for yourself. He doesn't exactly dominate the Southwest division.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pgl.cgi?player=bynuman01&year=2009

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/psplit.cgi?player=bynuman01&year=2009

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Hey captain, who you gonna listen to - all the pundits and experts (real and perceived) who all claimed that the Spurs got the steal of the draft and how it's amazing that a lottery pick fell all the way to the 2nd round 37th pick where the Spurs FO cluelessly drafted him. True story the Spurs were actually trying to draft this guy named Juan out of Tiajuana A&M but accidently ended up with Dejuan.

Or are you going to listen to A Hole and his vast year and a half resevoir of basketball knowledge. When it comes to BB A Hole is a virtual cornucopia of knowledge and we'd all do well to listen to him."

At least I don't claim "Blair reminds me of Barkley". :lmao:rollin

Let me guess is Morrison was on the Spurs you'd say he reminds you of Bird yes? And go ahead only way for you to back your shit up is to call me names and call for backup. You fucking spurs fan are worse than lakers fan, know jack shit about bball, just all fucking HOMERs. You no worse than Kobe Jockers, face facts without a healthy Ginobili Spurs are going nowhere. Bring this post back up when all you spurs homers want to ship jefferson out and when Blair is riding the pine.

TD4THREE
07-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Go on any other boards and write some retarded shit like that, they'd laugh your asss off. This coming from a guy who came here and said that Duncan is a choker, and that all parker does is shoot bricks all day.:rolleyes

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 12:50 AM
LMAO. Dumbshit - they publish game logs, too, and the numbers don't lie. He racked up his numbers against the Clippers, Warriors, Pacers, Wizards, Bobcats, etc. He had big stats in January of '09 too - against the Clippers, Wizards, Bobcats, T-Wolves. He put up 42 pts and 15 boards against the Clippers. But a few nights earlier he had 11-1 against Houston, and 18-3 against the Spurs. How does a big monster like Bynum only get 4 boards in two complete games?

And did you really just call Jermaine O'neal, Amare Stoudamire, Andrew Bogut, and Samuel Dalembert some of the best defensive centers in the league? OMG. ASSHOLE ALERT PART II - We have a soccer fan in our midst. Because you obviously don't know shit about the NBA.

If I were you, I'd be too fucking embarassed to even come back around here. At least have enough pride to make a new screen name or something. Because this one is ruined. And next time, check the numbers first.

And now that you're exposed, you don't want to talk about last year anymore? Let's roll forward to the middle of next season? Heh... if you weren't such a fucking troll, I'd feel sorry for you.

Oh, and here's the '09 splits and game logs. You can see for yourself. He doesn't exactly dominate the Southwest division.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pgl.cgi?player=bynuman01&year=2009

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/psplit.cgi?player=bynuman01&year=2009

42 points agains Kaman and that's bad? didnt you spurs fans want Kaman ? those teams you mentioned are half the league, he put up good numbers against good post defenders. against the spurs it was a blow out Bynum owned so rofl. Check what Duncan or those are centers did against Bynum, they got owned.

WTF are you talking about, he put up those numbers in limited minutes. It seems like your making a case for how dominant Bynum was b4 his freak injuries.

VivaPopovich
07-13-2009, 12:53 AM
gino does need to stop falling on the floor 3-4 times a game. he has ten years left in him if he stops now

typical laker attitude to wave something off as automatically as they do. when your not seeing flashy dunks or other acts of showboating you lose their attention

but will we can prove otherwise, they are still the champs. i'm looking forward to taking back what's rightfully ours

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 12:55 AM
This coming from a guy who came here and said that Duncan is a choker, and that all parker does is shoot bricks all day.:rolleyes

Countless games Duncan choked against the Lakers, missing key free throws, throwing the ball away, missing key shots in crunch time, check. Countless games TP layed bricks against the Lakers, check. If Duncan and TP is all that you guys make them out to be, Spurs be 82 -0 rofl.

TD4THREE
07-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Countless gamesOh really, which games? I figured since there's that many you could at least provide one.

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 12:59 AM
gino does need to stop falling on the floor 3-4 times a game. he has ten years left in him if he stops now

typical laker attitude to wave something off as automatically as they do. when your not seeing flashy dunks or other acts of showboating you lose their attention

but will we can prove otherwise, they are still the champs. i'm looking forward to taking back what's rightfully ours

I'm not a Laker, I'm a fan of the Lakers. Also not a typical Laker's fan, because I 'd run Kobe and Phil over in my car if I had a chance to.

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 01:01 AM
Oh really, which games? I figured since there's that many you could at least provide one.

Basically all those playoff series the Spurs lost to the Lakers. If those 2 didn't Spurs wouldn't of lost to the Lakers right? Ginobili is clutch TD, TP NOT

timtonymanurich
07-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Lakers fans come here talking as if they have already bottled up next seasons trophy, and can you blame them?? After the Spurs roster 'facelift', LA has done what... exchanged a new Ron Artest in Ariza for the fizzling-out used-up OLD Artest. He will be 31 next season Faker fans... :loser
I only bring that up because Timmy is 32 and apparently that makes him older than the first copy of the Bible. :deadhorse Oh! And did you Faker fans reading this post realize that Kobe and Timmy are only two years apart (Timmy being the Elder)
The funny thing is that the 'upgrade' of Ron Artest is a step backwards like with Dallas aquiring Shawn Marion. He wanted more money and more touches in PHX and it ended up with him sabotaging the team. (remember he was the first to go from the PHX nucleas.) Prediction: Shawn and Ron will slowly sabotage their new teams to their everlasting detriment. Spurs fans won't need to worry about beating LA, Ron will help do that FOR us. Who better to demand the ball when we double team Kobe in the last seconds of our games against the Fakers next season? And better yet, who better to kill the locker room and punch out Jack Nicholson when he DOESN'T get the ball and gets under-utilized according to his standards? The answer to each is the same: Ron Artest.

GSH
07-13-2009, 01:03 AM
42 points agains Kaman and that's bad? didnt you spurs fans want Kaman ? those teams you mentioned are half the league, he put up good numbers against good post defenders. against the spurs it was a blow out Bynum owned so rofl. Check what Duncan or those are centers did against Bynum, they got owned.

WTF are you talking about, he put up those numbers in limited minutes. It seems like your making a case for how dominant Bynum was b4 his freak injuries.

ASSHOLE ALERT - PART III

News Flash - Half of 30 does not equal 6 !!!

You're just digging a bigger hole for yourself Einstein. He padded his stats with big games against 6 shitty teams. He performed well against a lot of teams. And he struggled against Southwest Division teams.

Have some pride. Crawl back under whatever rock you normally inhabit. You've embarassed yourself too much for one lifetime. Frankly, I don't see how you can stand it.
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/boogieboardfaceplant.gif

TD4THREE
07-13-2009, 01:06 AM
Basically all those playoff series the Spurs lost to the Lakers. If those 2 didn't Spurs wouldn't of lost to the Lakers right? Ginobili is clutch TD, TP NOTLol you can't even backup your own argument. Face it your pulling this out of your ass, You say that they choked in countless game by missing shots, missing free throws etc yet you couldn't even bring up one, and you respond by saying "basically all those playoff series they lost against the lakers" lol what a cop out.

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 01:13 AM
Lakers fans come here talking as if they have already bottled up next seasons trophy, and can you blame them?? After the Spurs roster 'facelift', LA has done what... exchanged a new Ron Artest in Ariza for the fizzling-out used-up OLD Artest. He will be 31 next season Faker fans... :loser
I only bring that up because Timmy is 32 and apparently that makes him older than the first copy of the Bible. :deadhorse Oh! And did you Faker fans reading this post realize that Kobe and Timmy are only two years apart (Timmy being the Elder)
The funny thing is that the 'upgrade' of Ron Artest is a step backwards like with Dallas aquiring Shawn Marion. He wanted more money and more touches in PHX and it ended up with him sabotaging the team. (remember he was the first to go from the PHX nucleas.) Prediction: Shawn and Ron will slowly sabotage their new teams to their everlasting detriment. Spurs fans won't need to worry about beating LA, Ron will help do that FOR us. Who better to demand the ball when we double team Kobe in the last seconds of our games against the Fakers next season? And better yet, who better to kill the locker room and punch out Jack Nicholson when he DOESN'T get the ball and gets under-utilized according to his standards? The answer to each is the same: Ron Artest.

Big deal, so Spur's win the Chip, I don't loose any money and life goes on. Okay I hopeSpurs win the chip, it doesn't affect my life who wins it. There's more homers on the Spurs board than the Lakers boards, not one of you have broken down Bynum's or Blair's game, all you fools did was make bold statements sticking up for your Spurs and didnt' break their games down. Fucking homers. Do you think the Spurs actually pay you fools for sticking up for them? It's cool to be a fan of a team, but it's not like they pay you to be, and I hope you guys know theres other teams besides the Spurs and the Lakers. And dude you should be a writer, you have a very imaginative mind, or why don't you apply for a front office position, since you could see what these players will do.

At least you're a reasonable spurs fan, since you worry about the Mavs, just stick to trying to beat the Mavs first than worry about the lakers.

As a Bball and a Laker's fan road to the finals will be easy, spurs and mavs aare all jokes. Portland matches up well with the lakers but the rest of the west= cakewalk.

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 01:18 AM
Lol you can't even backup your own argument. Face it your pulling this out of your ass, You say that they choked in countless game yet you couldn't even bring up one, and you respond by saying "basically all those playoff series they lost against the lakers" lol what a cop out.:rolleyes

WTF I have a life to live I don't have the time to watch and list all those games TD choked away. All I could tell you is that Duncan has choked but Ginobili was clutch against the Lakers. Duncan misses key free throws, passes out of key shots, chokes.

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 01:22 AM
ASSHOLE ALERT - PART III

News Flash - Half of 30 does not equal 6 !!!

You're just digging a bigger hole for yourself Einstein. He padded his stats with big games against 6 shitty teams. He performed well against a lot of teams. And he struggled against Southwest Division teams.

Have some pride. Crawl back under whatever rock you normally inhabit. You've embarassed yourself too much for one lifetime. Frankly, I don't see how you can stand it.
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/boogieboardfaceplant.gif

Go watch those games than tell me Bynum didn't dominate. Bad teams, but with good centers. Kaman, Camby, Chandler, Nene, Biedrins. Go watch first than you'll see he's a more athletic, explosive, longer version of Duncan.:rollin

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Yes you just implied Blair reminds you of Barkley. And if you are worried about Bynum's fragility, there's 2 reasons why Blair fell so low in the draft and I'm pretty sure you have no idea what they are, since you're a Spurs fan not a bball fan. Bynum's injuries were freak injuries and even w/o a healthy Bynum Lakers won the chip, so just saying watch out when he's fully healthy and rolling.

Actually Copernicus I did more then imply. Do you not read? I posted that Blair has many of the same mental and physical characteristics and mental toughness and tenacity that Barkley had, but in the same breath I said that Blair is not the next Barkley, but he will be Dejuan Blair. No more, no less. Not a difficult concept to understand.

In high school, Blair tore both of his ACLs and had them surgically repaired. Blair’s scar tissue essentially got re-absorbed by his body and the result left Blair with essentially no ACLs.

Although he’s suffered no adverse effects ever since, Blair’s is an unprecedented injury and one that scared off a slew of NBA executives. Though Blair literally has no ACL to tear, some team physicians feel that Blair could eventually develop a nagging issue that could wear him down a few years down the road. Or he may have a long and productive NBA career, no one knows.

I'm just curious as how Bynum's injuries were freak injuries. Was he injured while sky diving, treking through the Himalayas or perhaps Alligator wrestling?
No, he dislocated his knee cap on his left leg and he tore his MCL on his right knee in a game, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. But you may want to remind him that he's running out of legs to hurt.

And for sure, if and that's a big if....if Bynum ever gets healthy which I hope he's at 100% I am dead certain that not only Blair but probably Tim and Dice will be entirely intimidated. That Bynum has the heart of assassin.

Now I know why your slobbing all over Bynums nob, his nick name is A Bomb.

DrHouse
07-13-2009, 01:28 AM

Ron Artest is currently 29 years old. Tim Duncan is currently 33 years old.

There is nobody with any real basketball knowledge that thinks Ron Artest is a step backwards from Trevor Ariza.

Go listen to what Dwayne Wade, a real NBA player, had to say about the Laker's acquisition of Ron on the Dan Patrick show. I'll paraphrase for you:

It's not fair to the rest of the league.

DrHouse
07-13-2009, 01:29 AM
Spur fan needs to realize Blair will not be a significant contributor to the team next season. He's still a rookie and he plays for Popovich. These two facts will guarantee that he does not see the light of day when the playoffs roll around.

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 01:30 AM
Actually Copernicus I did more then imply. Do you not read? I posted that Blair has many of the same mental and physical characteristics and mental toughness and tenacity that Barkley had, but in the same breath I said that Blair is not the next Barkley, but he will be Dejuan Blair. No more, no less. Not a difficult concept to understand.

In high school, Blair tore both of his ACLs and had them surgically repaired. Blair’s scar tissue essentially got re-absorbed by his body and the result left Blair with essentially no ACLs.

Although he’s suffered no adverse effects ever since, Blair’s is an unprecedented injury and one that scared off a slew of NBA executives. Though Blair literally has no ACL to tear, some team physicians feel that Blair could eventually develop a nagging issue that could wear him down a few years down the road. Or he may have a long and productive NBA career, no one knows.

I'm just curious as how Bynum's injuries were freak injuries. Was he injured while sky diving, treking through the Himalayas or perhaps Alligator wrestling?
No, he dislocated his knee cap on his left leg and he tore his MCL on his right knee in a game, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. But you may want to remind him that he's running out of legs to hurt.

And for sure, if and that's a big if....if Bynum ever gets healthy which I hope he's at 100% I am dead certain that not only Blair but probably Tim and Dice will be entirely intimidated. That Bynum has the heart of assassin.

Now I know why your slobbing all over Bynums nob, his nick name is A Bomb.

Lol you Spurs fans are sensitive. So you did all that research to prove you are a knowledgeble fan? Even casual fans know about what you wrote up there, and if it makes you fall asleep better, than you win, Blair is a beast.

P.S. Not cool to wish injury on players, you Spurs fans are too sensitive, and too easy to fuck with. and I hope Blair becomes the next Barkley. So you no lifers with 10000 posts could feel better. I really hope you are a new fan to bball because rofl, it seems like you 've never even picked up a bball.

Freak injuries as in, Odom sticks his feet under bynum and Bynum goes down. Last year Kobe rolls into Bynums knees and again the horse goes down. Freak injuries as in he didn't hurt his knees on his own. And no Bynum doesn't have much heart. He's getting a big ego, but if his freak injuries goes away and he dedicates himself he will be the great one.

GSH
07-13-2009, 01:32 AM

ASSHOLE ALERT - PART IV

30+ Minutes Per Game = "Limited Minutes"

Noooo.... Bynum didn't play limited minutes against the Southwest Division. He just didn't get the results, because he was playing against real men. The only Southwest Division opponent he played short minutes against was Memphis, because they suck. He played at least 30 MPG against all the others. This shit is too easy.

And no..... Bynum didn't "own" Duncan and McDyess. This is what they averaged against the Lakers last season:
Duncan - 17 PTS, 10 RB, 5 AST
McDyess - 14 PTS, 12 RB
And remember, Bynum has Pao Gasol on the floor giving him some cover. Duncan had Bonner, and McD had Wallace in the worst season of his career.

Please... have some self-respect and check the fucking numbers before you start talking about them.

you Spurs fans are too sensitive, and too easy to fuck with.

No... we have a low tolerance for people who talk out of their ass. You actually have Dr. House cleaning up behind you, and making more sense than you do.

And don't try to act like you were just messing with us. You didn't know what the fuck you were talking about, and you got called on it. Now you want to act like you "did it on purpose". No... just no.

Remember: Stupidity is heriditary, but ignorance is voluntary.

La Peace
07-13-2009, 01:37 AM
You guys sound silly right now

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 01:40 AM
ASSHOLE ALERT - PART IV

30+ Minutes Per Game = "Limited Minutes"

Noooo.... Bynum didn't play limited minutes against the Southwest Division. He just didn't get the results, because he was playing against real men. The only Southwest Division opponent he played short minutes against was Memphis, because they suck. He played at least 30 MPG against all the others. This shit is too easy.

And no..... Bynum didn't "own" Duncan and McDyess. This is what they averaged against the Lakers last season:
Duncan - 17 PTS, 10 RB, 5 AST
McDyess - 14 PTS, 12 RB
And remember, Bynum has Pao Gasol on the floor giving him some cover. Duncan had Bonner, and McD had Wallace in the worst season of his career.

Please... have some self-respect and check the fucking numbers before you start talking about them.

No... we have a low tolerance for people who talk out of their ass. And don't try to act like you were just messing with us. You didn't know what the fuck you were talking about, and you got called on it. Now you want to act like you "did it on purpose". No... just no.

Remember: Stupidity is heriditary, but ignorance is voluntary.

Yea thats why I'm having fun typing this and you're searching through stats.:lmao

Simply put next to D12, who is the next center you'd want on the Spurs?

So if you're so much smarter than me, does that make you richer than me? Which i doubt very much muahahahha noob

GSH
07-13-2009, 01:41 AM

http://nextround.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mykoc_presc.jpg

AnthonyM
07-13-2009, 01:44 AM
A Bomb says:

dNCjH7tAAOo

"not clutch"

E2NUsGSzw0Q

"not fragile"

bezN2AEjf2c

"not crybabies"

SSamEqtPVao

"didn't do it"

:lmao

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 01:46 AM
A Bomb:

dNCjH7tAAOo

"not clutch"

E2NUsGSzw0Q

"not fragile"

:lmao

What a homer, I wouldn't be laughing if TD or any of the Spurs went down with an injury, sad sad

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Big deal, so Spur's win the Chip, I don't loose any money and life goes on. Okay I hopeSpurs win the chip, it doesn't affect my life who wins it. There's more homers on the Spurs board than the Lakers boards, not one of you have broken down Bynum's or Blair's game, all you fools did was make bold statements sticking up for your Spurs and didnt' break their games down. Fucking homers. Do you think the Spurs actually pay you fools for sticking up for them? It's cool to be a fan of a team, but it's not like they pay you to be, and I hope you guys know theres other teams besides the Spurs and the Lakers. And dude you should be a writer, you have a very imaginative mind, or why don't you apply for a front office position, since you could see what these players will do.

At least you're a reasonable spurs fan, since you worry about the Mavs, just stick to trying to beat the Mavs first than worry about the lakers.

As a Bball and a Laker's fan road to the finals will be easy, spurs and mavs aare all jokes. Portland matches up well with the lakers but the rest of the west= cakewalk.

* You're just losing a lot of sleep camped out on a rivals board. Go live that exciting life of yours. It can be pretty exciting living in the basement of your mothers house, especially when she asks you to rub her corns.

* Hey hypocrite I'm still looking for where you broke down Blair's and Bynum's game. Maybe it's because you didn't and your ragging on Spurs fans because we didn't so you say.

* How much does Bynum pay you to stick up for him? Are we back to the nob thing again.

* Fool, or in this case village idiot, god you're stupid - I see where you made some pretty bold statements backing up Bynum. It's embarrassing, you're slobbing all over his nob. Stop it. And again I'm looking for where you broke down their game. Couldn't find it. Maybe it's because you didn't.

I've seen a few mongoloids and simpletons, but I think your at the head of the line. Any inbreeding in your family. Fucking delusional Bynum homer.

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 01:47 AM

Yea I was bored, and I hope Kobe breaks his leg that piece of shit.

holcs50
07-13-2009, 01:48 AM

HA, lol, OH no you didn't you fucking fagget! my apologies i haven't read thru the thread yet but dude ...u gotta be kidding! This could be one of the stupidest posts ive ever seen on here. So yea, i've lived in socal my whole life and love my friend who happen to be lala fakers fans. You sound like a dude whose just trying to hate on California. And no idiot none of us are from LA, you don't have to be from LA to like the lakers.....nor do you have to be from SA to like the spurs. Look we are all on this forum for a reason-we have at least one thing in common talk sports-like the spurs (and i think thats the most between me and you)-we like the spurs...actually your comments make spurs fans look bad, get out of here kid, go post on espn.com, you'll find tons of 13 year olds to jabber with there. i wish i could pink u assclown

AnthonyM
07-13-2009, 01:52 AM
What a homer, I wouldn't be laughing if TD or any of the Spurs went down with an injury, sad sad

I'm not laughing at him getting hurt, I'm laughing at watching you argue that a man with 4 championships, and 3 finals mvp, and two MVP's is not clutch...

and a kid that hasn't stayed healthy for a full season the past 2 seasons is going to dominate the league next year

:rollin

holcs50
07-13-2009, 01:54 AM

sorry this threads ridic, im on page 2 and house ur an idiot again. Please tell me how u know Blair will get OWNED by bynum....if none of us have ever seen the dude play in the NBA??????? idiot again. And besides one guy here i don't think blair would be up on bynum anyways wtf are u talking about? keep it up house, love ur retardation...man i can't wait to get onto 3rd and 4th page.

A Bomb
07-13-2009, 01:55 AM
* You're just losing a lot of sleep camped out on a rivals board. Go live that exciting life of yours. It can be pretty exciting living in the basement of your mothers house, especially when she asks you to rub her corns.

* Hey hypocrite I'm still looking for where you broke down Blair's and Bynum's game. Maybe it's because you didn't and your ragging on Spurs fans because we didn't so you say.

* How much does Bynum pay you to stick up for him? Are we back to the nob thing again.

* Fool, or in this case village idiot, god you're stupid - I see where you made some pretty bold statements backing up Bynum. It's embarrassing, you're slobbing all over his nob. Stop it. And again I'm looking for where you broke down their game. Couldn't find it. Maybe it's because you didn't.

I've seen a few mongoloids and simpletons, but I think your at the head of the line. Any inbreeding in your family. Fucking delusional Bynum homer.

I could care less how Bynum's career goes, last season I made more money than Bynum, he couldnt pay me enough to be his homer. But next season yea he d earn more than me. Call me w/e you want, I had my fun, I'll be back when I'm bored again in about 3-4 months i think to mingle with you sensitive homers.

BTW I've met a few of the Spur's players in person a few times, and they are much nicer human beings than Kobe's fucking wife. Wish she never come backs to my restaurants she s a grade A bitch just like the rest of you Spurs homers. MAUHAHAHAHAH

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-13-2009, 02:09 AM
Lol you Spurs fans are sensitive. So you did all that research to prove you are a knowledgeble fan? Even casual fans know about what you wrote up there, and if it makes you fall asleep better, than you win, Blair is a beast.

P.S. Not cool to wish injury on players, you Spurs fans are too sensitive, and too easy to fuck with. and I hope Blair becomes the next Barkley. So you no lifers with 10000 posts could feel better. I really hope you are a new fan to bball because rofl, it seems like you 've never even picked up a bball.

Freak injuries as in, Odom sticks his feet under bynum and Bynum goes down. Last year Kobe rolls into Bynums knees and again the horse goes down. Freak injuries as in he didn't hurt his knees on his own. And no Bynum doesn't have much heart. He's getting a big ego, but if his freak injuries goes away and he dedicates himself he will be the great one.

To be honest little man, you kinda sound a little butt hurt cause we're not as impressed with Bynum as you are.

I'm not sure what research you're talking about, but you are spot on about something. I do check and verify facts, events etc before I post, because unlike you I don't make a habit of regurgitating crap out of my ass. You know you're about as bright as road kill. This is too easy.

Please post where someone wished injury on a player. Dude you really need to work on your reading comprehension. I'll be damned if I'm going to let someone with no measurable brain activity call us un-cool. We may not be a lot of things but damn it one thing we are is cool. Fucker.

And for someone who probably has never in his miserable life ever picked up a book and read it, what makes you think we've never picked up a basketball.

Soft and fragile Bynum was injured on the court. Not while sky diving, treking through the Himalayas or wrestling alligators. If you're arguing that his injury was a freak, well maybe that's something you can relate to and if it helps you sleep at night. Guess what in seasons past and this year to come, there's gonna be a lot of players with freak injuries. Feel better?

Just curious has anyone ever called you any or all of the following: addlepate, blockhead, boob, dimwit, dingbat, dolt, dope, dork, dumbbell, dummy, dunce, fool, halfwit, idiot, ignoramus, imbecile, lamebrain, loony, loser, mental defective, nerd and or simpleton? Hope you don't mind and I hope it's cool with you but is it ok if I just stick with fucking delusional ignorant idiot faker fan?

A Hole you've been a hoot, but unlike you I do have a "real" life so I gotta go. Hope all the biatch slappin' didn't hurt you too much, but one way or the other hoss we're gonna make a man out of you. Next time don't make it so easy, boy.:lol:flag:

La Peace
07-13-2009, 02:11 AM
http://nextround.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mykoc_presc.jpg
That's really clever

Spursfan092120
07-13-2009, 02:13 AM
We are comparing the Spurs to the Lakers, wtf is Blair gonna guard? He can't guard Bynum, Gasol, or Odom. What impact is he gonna have? And yes Bynum fully healthy and in mid season form, is a beast go watch his games b4 his injures and tell me you don't see a perennial all star.
OK, Miss Cleo...how the hell do you know who Blair can and cannot guard?

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-13-2009, 02:16 AM
I could care less how Bynum's career goes, last season I made more money than Bynum, he couldnt pay me enough to be his homer. But next season yea he d earn more than me. Call me w/e you want, I had my fun, I'll be back when I'm bored again in about 3-4 months i think to mingle with you sensitive homers.

BTW I've met a few of the Spur's players in person a few times, and they are much nicer human beings than Kobe's fucking wife. Wish she never come backs to my restaurants she s a grade A bitch just like the rest of you Spurs homers. MAUHAHAHAHAH

Man I couldn't let this go - Dude if you got to proclaim over an anonymous sports forum how much money you make, 2 things - you probably work at a 7-11 and you got an incredibly small weiner. Normal and regular Joes just don't do that. Insecure little men with a complex and issues will. See the difference. Good luck in your future endeavors. If you need a good reference - you can kiss my ass.

So you've met a few Spurs players? Probably while you were doing their yard loser. Be sure you come back cow dung.

Spurm
07-13-2009, 04:32 AM
Hahahaha You bitches are not in the Lakers level as you will find out pretty soon...
Just Kill Yourselves already..
You are Done, Finished...Dead meat!!!

ChumpDumper
07-13-2009, 04:42 AM
Why would I kill myself over a game other people are playing?

Darkwaters
07-13-2009, 05:20 AM
I love these trolls. They're wasting away their lives on some other team's message board just so they can get some smug satisfaction that "oh I OWNED them" or something. What a pitiful existance. Seriously, some of these guys have hundreds and thousands of posts in a very short time span.

Go get a girlfriend or a hobby. Seriously.

superbigtime
07-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Lakers fans are the scum of society.

Cry Havoc
07-13-2009, 10:07 AM

You've got all that money and you're bored? Awww. There there. I live relatively frugally but I am never bored. Of course, that may have to do with the fact that I'm in shape, enjoy being outside, talking to people in real life, and I actually like being around myself. Not because I like to go on other teams message boards to troll and spout baseless posts. You claim to "have a life" in the same thread you make massive posts about the greatness of Andrew Bynum.

:lol Stellar. You fail at the internets. You aren't even smart enough to be a convincing moron.

mytespurs
07-13-2009, 11:28 AM
/shrug

The Championship goes through them. They have every right to be as cocky as they want to be. Can't really blame them for ignoring a late 2nd round pick - I'm not expecting much from McClinton. I'm just hoping he provides a few minutes of solid defense on the quicker point guards and can knock down the occasional 3.

well said. Until they are knocked off, they are the favorites-I wouldn't argue that.
At least he gave the Spurs props for their moves unlike some who can't accept another team's improvement isn't necessarily a threat to their team.

4RINGS
07-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Spurs rookie DeJuan Blair aims to eat up space
Art Garcia, NBA.com
Posted Jul 12 2009 8:35PM
http://www.nba.com/media/homepage/tools.gif http://www.nba.com/media/homepage/print_icon.gif Print (javascript:printPage();) http://www.nba.com/media/litte_rss.jpg RSS Feeds (http://www.nba.com/rss/) http://www.nba.com/media/homepage/enews_icon.gifE-News Sign Up (http://www.nba.com/news/newsletters.html) http://www.nba.com/images/facebook_share_icon.gifShare on Facebook (javascript:enable_flink.clickThru();)

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/homepage/advertisement_300.gif

LAS VEGAS -- He's been called the steal of the second round, but DeJuan Blair wants to be known for something else.
"I'm a space eater," Blair said with a grin.
The 37th pick in the 2009 Draft by the Spurs didn't waste any time gobbling up real estate and rebounds Sunday afternoon, throwing his 265 pounds (and considerable backside) around as soon as he checked into his first Summer League game.
A jumper from one of his new teammates went up and Blair made a beeline for the paint. Clearing room against a taller New Orleans defender, the 6-foot-7 Blair snatched the rebound and went back up. He missed but got it back before muscling the ball in.
"You cannot teach space," Spurs assistant and Summer League coach Don Newman said. "He's a space eater. He knows how to take it up, he knows how to hold his space and he's a physical guy by nature.
"He's going to get accustomed to how the game is called and those things will come, but one thing you don't want to do is back him off. You want to play like he plays. He'll continue to take that space."
Blair hadn't even broken a sweat and he began to fill up the box score. In five first-quarter minutes, the Pitt product had five points and five boards. The line after Blair's first pro game read 13 points and 10 rebounds, including three offensive, in 22 minutes.
"I'm not here to score, I'm here to play," he said. "I've been going a good job of preparing myself to come in and rebound, and I feel good. I think I played good. I went out there to rebound. The points just happened."
Blair just happened to fall in the Spurs' lap. Projected by many as a possible lottery-worthy talent after deciding to leave school as a sophomore, knee concerns sent Blain spiraling out of the first round. Specifically, he's missing the ACL in both knees.
An MRI done during the scouting combine in Chicago revealed the unique condition. Blair had surgeries to repair both ACLs in high school and hasn't had any issues since. He doesn't play with a brace on either knee and, if not for the test, wouldn't give the situation a second thought.
"I'm not worried about that," he said. "The knee problems are over."
Twenty-nine other teams felt differently about his medical prospects. As much as San Antonio is credited for pulling off a Draft steal, picking Blair was a no-brainer. General manager R.C. Buford admitted as much, adding that the team never expected the Big East player of the year to still be on the board seven picks into the second round.
Blair has found himself in the enviable spot of joining a title contender that had a need for frontcourt bulk behind Tim Duncan. Along with the recent signing of Antonio McDyess, Blair will be playing behind and learning from two of the premier power forwards of the last decade-plus. "It doesn't matter what happened in the Draft," Blair said. "I went when I went and I ended up being on a team with great players, great coaches and great fans. I'm not complaining about it."