PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Not Getting Gortat

Pages : 1 [2]

Amarelooms
07-13-2009, 02:28 PM
nah your weren't Dallas fans just hate that Dirk couldn't win so they have to blame other teams. Gets back at the fans good that Dallas isn't winning anytime soon, maybe once you guys admit Dallas lost the NBA will help you win:toast

WTF are you saying...you are a complete moron. Stop skipping class people or you'll be a complete dumbass like ^

:elephant

Spursfan092120
07-13-2009, 02:52 PM
As reported by Amarelooms in another thread, Orlando is matching...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-magic-retain-marcin-gortat-071309,0,2845810.story

BadOdor
07-13-2009, 03:24 PM
lol mavs.

it's as if god himself is sitting up there, thinking up ways to fuck up the mavs.

timvp
07-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Kids ...kids ...kids ...what have fish and I taught you all these years? "Don't believe everything someone says on an internet board, without something to back it up." Many of you have made us proud in your reactions here to this silliness over Gortat, but here's a longer analysis for those of you behind the curve.

If I were a Mav Fan, I'd tar and feather whoever wrote this condescending piece.

sribb43
07-13-2009, 03:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4324941

ElNono
07-13-2009, 03:57 PM
What do you think now Shank? I told you it could happen. Now let's see if they trade him after the moratorium...

ElNono
07-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Mono meltdown post/thread in 3....2....1....

Shank
07-13-2009, 04:08 PM
What do you think now Shank? I told you it could happen. Now let's see if they trade him after the moratorium...

I know it COULD happen, but I never thought (and still don't) it made good business-sense.

As I wrote in one of the 500 other threads, Gortat would have been a nice fit for this team and a great luxury over Dampier, but the following season wasn't going to hinge on his acquisition. From everything I've seen on the guy, he's a hard worker that deserves the chance to play more. Now, he's going to be in a situation where he won't get the playing time he wants, he won't get to start and he's going to be wondering how long he'll be with his current team. How does that help Gortat? They're now going to be employing and overpaying for a guy that, despite what he's going to come out and say, doesn't want to be there.

It is, however, one shady motherfucking move.

ElNono
07-13-2009, 04:11 PM
I know it COULD happen, but I never thought (and still don't) it made good business-sense.

As I wrote in one of the 500 other threads, Gortat would have been a nice fit for this team and a great luxury over Dampier, but the following season wasn't going to hinge on his acquisition. From everything I've seen on the guy, he's a hard worker that deserves the chance to play more. Now, he's going to be in a situation where he won't get the playing time he wants, he won't get to start and he's going to be wondering how long he'll be with his current team. How does that help Gortat? They're now going to be employing and overpaying for a guy that, despite what he's going to come out and say, doesn't want to be there.

It is, however, one shady motherfucking move.

I'm wondering what kind of dealing that Otis dude has in place. I REALLY don't think he's staying after acquiring Bass. Time will tell.

timvp
07-13-2009, 04:13 PM
I hope to the heavens that Cuban writes a 2,000 word blog post about this situation. That would be an interesting read.

ElNono
07-13-2009, 04:14 PM
I guess it's "Welcome back Hollins"

Shank
07-13-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm wondering what kind of dealing that Otis dude has in place. I REALLY don't think he's staying after acquiring Bass. Time will tell.

He has 90 days to field offers, I guess.

I like Gortat and don't want to wish ill-will on anyone, but I hope he blows out a knee on December 14th.

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 04:22 PM
As much as I hate the Mavericks and enjoy fucking with you Mav fans, on the real, what Otis Smith did is pretty fucked up. Karma will be a hell of a bitch when D-12 tears both his ACLs and Vince Carter breaks his knee.

Shank
07-13-2009, 04:24 PM
As much as I hate the Mavericks and enjoy fucking with you Mav fans, on the real, what Otis Smith did is pretty fucked up. Karma will be a hell of a bitch when D-12 tears both his ACLs and Vince Carter breaks his knee.

Thank...you?

IronMexican
07-13-2009, 04:26 PM

No need to wish karma on the inevitable.

mavsfan1000
07-13-2009, 04:55 PM
It's called business. You do what's best for your team. Period.

Spursmania
07-13-2009, 04:57 PM
I just heard on a mavs forum that the Magic GM is going to use Gortat for trading value and will match.

Looks like you were right despite the harsh backlash you got from your own Mav fanbase. Apologies anyone?:hat

Obstructed_View
07-13-2009, 05:26 PM
How about this, mavsfan1000 (who is a Bulls fan). If the Mavs sign Gortat, you never post here again. If the Magic match and the Mavs don't get Gortat, I'll never post here again.

Deal?

See ya, Mono.

lol dallasbasketball.com

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 05:28 PM
I doubt mono will really leave.

z0sa
mavs fail 100 % of the time

mavsfan1000
I didn't make the deal. :bang

z0sa
07-13-2009, 05:29 PM

he said he would if they matched? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

gm5k
07-13-2009, 05:33 PM
kinda feel bad for Gortat, but hey that's why they call it a business :cooldevil

FTM :flag:

Obstructed_View
07-13-2009, 05:37 PM

You suck SO much. :lol

ShoogarBear
07-13-2009, 05:43 PM

Phew. I was worried I would have to find another board to get all my DiCaprio news.

Shank
07-13-2009, 06:16 PM
I know Gortat stated that he might not be happy trying to find minutes in Orlando. What are your thoughts on that? Is that something you're going to speak with him?

Otis Smiff: Rough life, isn't it. It's tough all over, isn't it.

Guys who have good character, once they get in the gym, their character fall back into form. Courtney is not happy about the trade going to New Jersey, but his character will carry him through so I'm not overly concerned about that part. Once he gets back into the gym, you have a tendency to earn your time.
---------------------

What a fucking asshole. DIAF.

Spursfan092120
07-13-2009, 06:22 PM
I hope mono doesn't leave...while he does say some dick things sometimes, he's a great poster most of the time.

Stabbin' Cabin
07-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Lol...paying the additional tax from acquiring Gortat with the money Dallas gave them. Sweet irony.

Obstructed_View
07-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Lol...paying the additional tax from acquiring Gortat with the money Dallas gave them. Sweet irony.

Can they turn around and trade him to Dallas for expiring contracts and draft picks?

monosylab1k
07-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Nope, I'm out forever. This is my last post on SpursTalk. And to think, I hated the idea of using the MLE on Gortat. Absolutely hated the idea. And yet this is how my SpursTalk career dies. Props to mavsfan1000 for being a troll and having blind luck turn his troll job into legitimate news. The sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while.

If the Magic change their mind and Gortat is a Mavs, I'm sticking around. Otherwise, it's been fun. monosylab1k is out. Forever.

-a75f9ETtc4

sonic21
07-13-2009, 06:41 PM
So Gortat can be traded to any team on December 15th except Dallas, which they have to wait a year.

weird rule.

Shank
07-13-2009, 06:43 PM
What are the implications on trading a BYC player, which I believe Gortat is now? Isn't a pain in the ass and difficult, numbers-wise?

Shank
07-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Nope, I'm out forever. This is my last post on SpursTalk. And to think, I hated the idea of using the MLE on Gortat. Absolutely hated the idea. And yet this is how my SpursTalk career dies. Props to mavsfan1000 for being a troll and having blind luck turn is troll job into legitimate news. The sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while.

It's been fun. monosylab1k is out. Forever.

Fuck that shit.

ginobili's bald spot
07-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Nope, I'm out forever. This is my last post on SpursTalk. And to think, I hated the idea of using the MLE on Gortat. Absolutely hated the idea. And yet this is how my SpursTalk career dies. Props to mavsfan1000 for being a troll and having blind luck turn is troll job into legitimate news. The sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while.

It's been fun. monosylab1k is out. Forever.

:lol That was very dramatic. I don't believe you but if you really do leave props for being a man of your word unlike spursdynasty.

dickface
07-13-2009, 06:46 PM
hey guys what's up?

Shank
07-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaan Beaubois limps off the court in SL.

Great fucking day.

jag
07-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Nope, I'm out forever. This is my last post on SpursTalk. And to think, I hated the idea of using the MLE on Gortat. Absolutely hated the idea. And yet this is how my SpursTalk career dies. Props to mavsfan1000 for being a troll and having blind luck turn his troll job into legitimate news. The sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while.

If the Magic change their mind and Gortat is a Mavs, I'm sticking around. Otherwise, it's been fun. monosylab1k is out. Forever.

:lmao

This thread just got really emo

djohn2oo8
07-13-2009, 06:48 PM
:lol That was very dramatic. I don't believe you but if you really do leave props for being a man of your word unlike spursdynasty.

That'd be awesome if he just created another screename....But then we would know it was him, b/c he is the only decent mavs fan on this board

IronMexican
07-13-2009, 06:49 PM
hey guys what's up?

We lose mono but gain dickface.

oligarchy
07-13-2009, 06:50 PM

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/supreme_melissa/Overdramatic.jpg

djohn2oo8
07-13-2009, 06:51 PM
We lose mono but gain dickface.

Damn, we didn't need another Rogue, jk Rogue, your asinine posts are worth it

ginobili's bald spot
07-13-2009, 06:56 PM
he is the only decent mavs fan on this board

I can agree with that.

The Third Man
07-13-2009, 06:57 PM

What a drama queen.

duncan228
07-13-2009, 07:34 PM
hey guys what's up?

:lol

timvp
07-13-2009, 07:36 PM

QfqRipvk6WE

:td

redzero
07-13-2009, 07:56 PM

QfqRipvk6WE

Hit the road, Jack, and don't you come back no more no more no more no more.

ElNono
07-13-2009, 08:00 PM
hey guys what's up?

:lol

Kori Ellis
07-13-2009, 08:04 PM
If mono stops posting, we might as well close down the NBA forum. :downspin:

Spurs_210
07-13-2009, 08:16 PM
I just heard on a mavs forum that the Magic GM is going to use Gortat for trading value and will match.

You guys are lucky my wife has the perfect breast to ass ratio otherwise I'd be pissed....

cobbler
07-13-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm one of the few guys to man up and actually keep my word on a bet. SpursDynasty and I had a deal where the loser of the Mavs-Warriors series was out for the rest of the playoffs. The Mavs lost, and I kept my end of the bargain.

I wouldn't expect you to know this since you're another post-Gasol trade Laker fan to join here, so no surprises here.

What does that have to do with anything? I have been a Laker fan longer than you have been alive... and yet... that proves diddly too!

cobbler
07-13-2009, 09:46 PM
If mono stops posting, we might as well close down the NBA forum. :downspin:

He will pout and put up a stand for a bit... andcome back... he's addicted.:wakeup

xellos88330
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
how about this, mavsfan1000 (who is a bulls fan). If the mavs sign gortat, you never post here again. If the magic match and the mavs don't get gortat, i'll never post here again.

Deal?

ouch!!!

xellos88330
07-13-2009, 10:09 PM
I have an idea for you mono, just have someone you know type your posts. You aren't going to be the one posting.

ShoogarBear
07-14-2009, 03:41 PM

hey guys what's up?

:lmao