PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: mavs to get redd for dampier?

mabrignani
07-12-2009, 02:33 PM
has anyone else heard about this? is it just a rumor or is it final?

mavsfan1000
07-12-2009, 02:40 PM
That would be a dream trade. I doubt it happens.

ElNono
07-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Bucks can't be THAT stupid

Leetonidas
07-12-2009, 02:51 PM
I've heard about it, but I doubt it's credible. It makes no sense for Milwaukee. Dampier is not even expiring.

rayray2k8
07-12-2009, 02:51 PM
How many bigs do they need???
And yes, they are that stupid. Look at what the spurs got. :lol

loveforthegame
07-12-2009, 02:55 PM
They should probably hold off on that trade until they know whether Orlando is matching Gortat for sure.

But what a steal for the Mavs if it's true.

sribb43
07-12-2009, 02:57 PM
What a lame ass thread title....

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2009, 02:58 PM
I've heard about it, but I doubt it's credible. It makes no sense for Milwaukee. Dampier is not even expiring.

I thought Dampier was expiring after this year if he doesn't meet some ridiculous standards like 30 mpg etc..

BlackBellamy
07-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Hmm, my obligatory response offer on the part of every Spurs fan on the board, Bonner and Finley for Redd. :lol

Leetonidas
07-12-2009, 02:59 PM
I thought Dampier was expiring after this year if he doesn't meet some ridiculous standards like 30 mpg etc..

Elaborate? Is that for real? :lol

BlackBellamy
07-12-2009, 03:00 PM
What a lame ass thread title....
A bit misleading and sensationalist.

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Elaborate? Is that for real? :lol

yeah dampiers last year is a team option if he doesn't meet certain requirements stated in his contract..i need another mav fan to fill in the details but yeah

monosylab1k
07-12-2009, 03:02 PM

I think his contract runs through 2011 but the last year has those ridiculous standards like making the All-Star game. so if he never matches that, then 2010 is when his contract expires.

So this trade might happen in a year, but not now.

BlackBellamy
07-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Some Q & A that addressed that...
Q: I was wondering if you have the details on Erick Dampier’s contract? I’ve heard the last year is not fully guaranteed and that there are incentives he has to reach to make it fully vested. Can you help?

Sefko: Of course we can. Sort of. The best way to put it is that Dampier’s contract is incentive-guaranteed. He needs to be an All-Star to have it fully guaranteed. And failing that, which it appears he will, it’s possible the whole thing could be non-guaranteed.

I presume there is a small buyout, but I haven’t been able to uncover that yet. We’ll keep you posted.

Sefko doesn’t sound completely certain what is happening with Dampier’s contract, but he does seem to have part of the gist down there and that’s very interesting information.

If there were a buyout, whether it’s a $2mil or a $5mil or an $8mil buyout could go a long way to deciding how much additional flexibility the Mavs get under this scenario.

Dampier is schedule to make a little over $13million in his final year.

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I think his contract runs through 2011 but the last year has those ridiculous standards like making the All-Star game. so if he never matches that, then 2010 is when his contract expires.

but he'd still expire after this upcoming season finishes and they'd have 12 mil off the books..just because it doesn't happen here and now doesn't mean it won't be useful next year..who were they going to sign with that space right now anyway?

sribb43
07-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Mavs will hold onto Dampier for next offseason when his value is even higher and can bring them a better piece than a injured Michael Redd coming off ACL surgery

pauls931
07-12-2009, 04:48 PM
If Redd played for Memphis, I might buy it...

tomtom
07-12-2009, 04:52 PM
If mavs got Redd they'd be potentially very dangerous. Doubt it happens

Bob Lanier
07-12-2009, 05:09 PM
If the Mavs had Ryan Hollins starting at center they'd be potentially very lul-worthy. Doubt it happens.

Hornets1
07-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I think I saw something about this right after:
"New orleans acquires Lebron for Peja straight up"
And right before this:
"Iverson gets 7 year, max-contract from the pistons"

Leetonidas
07-12-2009, 06:12 PM
If this happens, say hello to the 2005 Phoenix Suns all over again.

carrao45
07-12-2009, 06:51 PM
bullshiit

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2009, 06:53 PM
If this happens, say hello to the 2005 Phoenix Suns all over again.

Dirk
Marion
J-Ho
Redd
Kidd

:lmao you're fuckin right.

Rogue
07-12-2009, 07:00 PM

With Shaq gone for East and Yao done for his career, Ericka might probably be the currently best center in the West at least he is definitely among the best range together with Chandler, Kaman and Camby. So it may be a finishable mission for Ericka to make the All-Star game next season to extend his outrageous by one more year. :lol

Shank
07-12-2009, 07:14 PM
With Shaq gone for East and Yao done for his career, Ericka might probably be the currently best center in the West at least he is definitely among the best range together with Chandler, Kaman and Camby. So it may be a finishable mission for Ericka to make the All-Star game next season to extend his outrageous by one more year. :lol

Actually, you may have a point. Who would the All-Star centers be in the West this season?

Chandler? If he can stay healthy.
Bynum?
Nene? Al Jefferson?

It might not be a stretch to see Dampier selected if he plays his ass off.

But we know he can't, so we'll end the discussion here.

mikeb2016
07-12-2009, 09:54 PM

Actually, you may have a point. Who would the All-Star centers be in the West this season?

Chandler? If he can stay healthy.
Bynum?
Nene? Al Jefferson?

It might not be a stretch to see Dampier selected if he plays his ass off.

But we know he can't, so we'll end the discussion here.

Umm...***CALLING ALL NON-MAVS FANS***

Let's begin a "Vote Dampier into the All-Star Game Campaign" for next year, to ensure that the Mavs have to guarantee the final year of his contract. Sound like a plan?

Ghazi
07-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Redd isn't that good.

djohn2oo8
07-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Redd isn't that good.

:pimpslap

monosylab1k
07-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Redd isn't that good.

Please kill yourself. Redd might be overrated, but he's still an incredible scorer. Dampier for Redd is more of a Gasol trade than the Gasol trade. We're getting a proven 20 ppg scorer while giving up less than nothing because Dampier actually creates a negative impact on the Mavs.

Findog
07-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Please kill yourself. Redd might be overrated, but he's still an incredible scorer. Dampier for Redd is more of a Gasol trade than the Gasol trade. We're getting a proven 20 ppg scorer while giving up less than nothing because Dampier actually creates a negative impact on the Mavs.

I'd only hold off until Gortat is signed, sealed and delivered. And then my only other trepidation is seeing how he recovers from ACL surgery. I can see them doing this deal at the deadline in February though when it's clear Milwaukee isn't going anywhere.

monosylab1k
07-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Redd has basically proven he can't handle being the #1 guy and take on double teams. Which is just fine, because we've got Dirk. If Redd goes back to being a #2, he's going to be freaking awesome.

My only worry is that this throws a wrench in the "play Josh at shooting guard" idea. Either Josh or Matrix will have to come off the bench. The trick is figuring out which one of them will be less of a crybaby emo bitch about it.

Banzai
07-12-2009, 10:34 PM
thread just got tagged...http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/48/1_obama_g8.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4205)