Yes!
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130643&highlight=romel+beck
:rolleyes

urunobili
07-12-2009, 04:49 PM
blows...

Darkwaters
07-12-2009, 05:04 PM
I'd seriously consider giving this guy a training camp invite. I watched him in SL a few years back with the Hornets and liked him then too. Hes a reach to actually make the team, but you never know. But the things he does he does quite well.

galvatron3000
07-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Needs to pattern his game after Reggie Miller until his left hand dribble gets better. He can shoot and seems to compensate well for his lack of left hand driving abillity by being a good shooter. He would do well to study Miller and imitate him well.

oligarchy
07-12-2009, 05:06 PM
He made a few good plays, but don't overrate him. He really isn't very good.

biziofromdowntown
Not 4 me, he can u se only one hand, and not a great ballhanding.

kbrury
Don't need Beck we have Hairston!

HarlemHeat37
07-12-2009, 05:07 PM
He looked good offensively in the 1st half, but that's pretty much it..I wouldn't mind seeing him in Austin..

coyotes_geek
07-12-2009, 05:07 PM
He's your prototypical, dime a dozen summer league guy. Props to him for a good game today, but Austin is as close as he'll ever get to San Antonio.

thekingrobert
07-12-2009, 05:13 PM
he will be on someones roster this year because he can shoot lights out and can create his own shot

Darkwaters
07-12-2009, 05:16 PM
he will be on someones roster this year because he can shoot lights out and can create his own shot

He looks good in summer league every year. I've heard his name thrown around more than a few times. But it never really amounts to much of anything. And I doubt it ever truly will.

Still, as a guy to throw into camp to play with I think he'd be a good fit. He probably doesn't make the team. But he'd be a nice guy to beat on a bit. Hes obviously a flawed player, but hes talented enough in other areas.

galvatron3000
07-12-2009, 05:37 PM
make him go left and he's toast if the defender is just playing decently enough

angelbelow
07-12-2009, 07:57 PM
i think hes too thin. hes got a lot of things to work on still.

iilluzioN
07-12-2009, 08:04 PM
maybe he can play SG, just needs to improve hes ball handling skills

duncan228
07-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Ex-UNLV swingman Beck playing for Spurs (http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/sports-unlv/2009/jul/12/nba-day-3-ex-unlv-swingman-beck-playing-spurs/)
By Rob Miech

Romel Beck was taken out of the San Antonio Spurs’ lineup with two minutes left Sunday afternoon against New Orleans at Cox Pavilion.

Yet, the former UNLV swingman couldn’t sit still. He stood, watching his teammates take control against the Hornets in the NBA Summer League.

He clapped when the Spurs took an 87-86 lead. He pumped a fist when George Hill hit a 3-pointer from the left corner to give San Antonio a 90-86 edge with 20 seconds remaining. The Spurs won, 92-86.

“I want to win, big time,” Beck said. “I’ve always been a competitor, one of those guys who, I don’t care if I play 20 minutes, the whole game or one minute, I’ll be that guy cheering my team on. That’s the kind of player I am.”

Beck, 27, scored 13 points in 24 minutes off the bench for the Spurs. He also collected three rebounds, and had a steal and an assist. He had no turnovers.

It was an extension, he said, of how he played in San Antonio’s mini-camp.

“I like my situation right now,” Beck said. “I’m in a good position. I played well in San Antonio’s mini-camp and they invited me to their Summer League.

“I’m shooting the ball real well, and if I keep it up there’s the possibility that something will happen.”

Beck has become a veteran of the waiting game, to see if something will happen.

He has played in Italy and Mexico, and he averaged almost 16 points in 16 games for Dakota last season in the NBA Development League after an ill-fated stint for a Croatian team, whose main sponsor crumpled with the poor global economy.

“It was a good experience in the D-League,” Beck said. “There’s a whole bunch of hungry guys out there, just right there, so close to making it in the NBA. It was a humbling experience.

“I appreciate every little bit of it. I learned a lot, I got better and I got a lot of exposure.”

He realizes the clock on his professional career is ticking.

“Sometimes, you have to look at yourself in the mirror,” he said. “You have to realize you’re not 22, 23, 24 or 25 anymore. I’m just blessed and thank God every day that I’m out here doing what I’m doing.

“Whether I’m playing here in the States or in Europe, I have to make the most of it.”

Two teams in Italy, and squads in Spain and Poland have contacted Beck’s agent about next season.

“It feels good to be wanted,” Beck said, “but it also feels better to be back at home.”

The free agent said he’s feeling great and optimistic that his career, and this season, will work out. He feels especially proud to be wearing his red UNLV cap back on his former campus.

“I always wear it to support UNLV,” he said. “It’s a special place and will always be a special place in my heart.”

anjlbitz
07-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Overrated. He can't dribble.

ElNono
07-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Positives: He's got a very quick first step. And he can get hot.
Negatives: Everything else really.