PDA

View Full Version : Miracle in Iraq.

2centsworth
04-05-2005, 06:19 PM
For a country that supposedly had no real national identity they seem to be uniting. A Kurdish leader will be named president of Iraq with a Shite and Sunni as his vice presidents. I'm sure both reps. and dems. will try to spin the story, but hope you can appreciate this for what it is, a miracle.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20050405/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_050405215141

MannyIsGod
04-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Sorry, it'll be years before I'm ready to toss the M word out.

2centsworth
04-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Sorry, it'll be years before I'm ready to toss the M word out.
If you don't cosider a Kurd as president of Iraq a Miracle then you obviously do not know much about Iraq. There's not a democrat alive who thought that country could come together, and for that matter there were not many republicans who thought that too. But continue reading whatever you want, i'm sure you're searching the internet now to find opinions on how what I consider a miracle is really disaster.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Well, the cynics will say that the position of president in Iraq is largely symbolic (the real power will lie in the prime minister position).

But if you know anything about Arabic history, you'd know that symbolism is a big thing in the culture of that part of the world.

It's great to see, and if the Sunni leader elected to the council makes good on his word to unite the Sunnis with the rest of the country, then the sky's the limit.

Extra Stout
04-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Ever since Osama named Zarqawi his chief deputy, it's been all downhill for the terrorists.

Iraqis didn't much like hearing a Saudi tell a Jordanian his job was to kill Iraqis.

MannyIsGod
04-06-2005, 09:38 AM
2cents, way to do your best job spining my reserving of judgement into me thinking something negative.

Jesus.