PDA

View Full Version : Birthday ideas for my one year old product of love..

CharlieMac
07-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Or Dos Equis.....:bking

Seriously, I'm looking for some good ideas for my boy's 1st birthday party. I saw the pavilion at Boerne City Lake and that would be cool. But his birthday at the end of October so the weather is iffy I'm sure.

So, where have you had your kids party? What worked? What didn't work? And yes the backyard BBQ is an option and a last resort.

Leetonidas
07-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Chuck E. Cheese.

/thread

Chief
07-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Chuck E. Cheese.

/thread

YUP

he's 1, nothing fancy

Summers
07-13-2009, 08:38 AM
We didn't throw actual parties for either of our kids until they were 3. The first two birthdays are just an excuse to have some friends over for fajitas and alcohol.

easjer
07-13-2009, 08:41 AM
I think 1 is a big milestone for family, but too young for the kid to remember anything but getting to smash a cake on his face (cupcakes are ideal, btw). Since it's really for the adults and the child will be as happy playing with the wrapping paper and boxes, do something fun for the adults.

tp2021
07-13-2009, 09:50 AM
1st birthday is for the parents.

BacktoBasics
07-13-2009, 10:02 AM
When my boy turned 1 I took him down to the strip to see all the homeless losers living in tent cities. I sat him down on the curb and just laced into him explaining how these guys are the failures of our time and how important it is to dedicate and apply yourself to a path of success or run the risk of ending up like one of these pieces of shit. It was a good father son talk and we wrapped it up by throwing a half full Nat light can at one of the prostitutes.

mrsmaalox
07-13-2009, 10:14 AM
For me one was too young for a real kid party, so for the first kid I did the backyard bbq for all the relatives. For the other 2 kids we didn't live near family, so we celebrated at the zoo or at Wolf Haven, and they loved that.

TDMVPDPOY
07-13-2009, 10:58 AM
re-arrange marriage contract...do it

PM5K
07-13-2009, 02:58 PM
1st birthday is for the parents.

Yup, nail right on the head.

jacobdrj
07-13-2009, 03:29 PM
A bottle with gin?

CharlieMac
07-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Sad thing is I'm waiting for one of Mouse's alters to actually come in and ease the awkwardness of the bad jokes in this thread.

But yes, 1st birthday is for the parents. Especially a first time parent like this one. I'n a few years I'll probably be wrapping up some Spam and Fruity Pebbles at Christmas. Who knows?

And some of you are right, fajitas and beers in the backyard sound really good. But I'm saving that for later when I'm too lazy and laugh at the party request from the kid. It's looking like a pavilion at a park on the city outskirts and a moonwalk for his 20 cousins.

CharlieMac
07-13-2009, 08:30 PM
For me one was too young for a real kid party, so for the first kid I did the backyard bbq for all the relatives. For the other 2 kids we didn't live near family, so we celebrated at the zoo or at Wolf Haven, and they loved that.

What's Wolf Haven?

mrsmaalox
07-13-2009, 09:25 PM
What's Wolf Haven?

Oh sorry, it's in Washington. Very cool rescued wolf sanctuary; you can howl with the wolves at sundown

http://www.wolfhaven.org/index.php