PDA

View Full Version : Report: Odom, Lakers Getting Close

carrao45
07-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Not sure if everyone knew this already or not...

The one remaining piece to the Lakers' puzzle for next season is close to falling into place, according to a report from the OC Register. Lamar Odom is said to be weighing L.A.'s latest offer of more than $8 million per to re-sign with the team, and a deal could come down as early as next week.

If the terms get worked out as expected, it's great news for the Lakers, but even better news for Odom. Because for some reason, it's not like there are any other teams that have shown much interest.

The amount of years that the team offered is unknown at this point, although Odom was initially seeking a deal worth $10 million a season. The fact that the club is already over the luxury tax threshold, and will pay a dollar for dollar penalty above and beyond whatever they give Odom, means that there would have to be some compromise on his part if he wants to remain in Los Angeles.

Right now, unless Odom wants to take a sizable pay cut and go somewhere else for a team's mid-level exception, there aren't really a lot of options. Because with that kind of asking price, very few clubs are able to make things work under the salary cap.

An $8 million per year deal is more than just for a player of Odom's skill set (we're only talking Anderson Varejao money, people), but the most likely bidder for his services -- the Portland Trailblazers, who have both the need at the position and the space under the cap -- don't seem to be the slightest bit interested.

So, while Odom will likely be a couple million short of his preferred signing point, it looks like he'll get to stay in Los Angeles, and play alongside childhood friend Ron Artest, on a stacked team looking to repeat as champions. All things considered, it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/07/12/report-odom-lakers-getting-close/

La Peace
07-13-2009, 01:32 AM
Portland :toast

:downspin:

Frenzy
07-13-2009, 01:36 AM
no one's interested....lol classic.

Danny.Zhu
07-13-2009, 02:20 AM
Damn. Only 2m higher than McDyess.

It's a good deal for Lakers.

IronMexican
07-13-2009, 02:28 AM
Damn steal for 8 million. Anyone want to spin this about LO making Lakers worse?

bostonguy
07-13-2009, 02:38 AM
I never doubted Odom leaving. Just get the ink on the paper and LA is set.

bostonguy
07-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Damn steal for 8 million. Anyone want to spin this about LO making Lakers worse?

Odom eats way too much candy and doesn't share with anybody. That could cause some locker room drama.

Kobe™
07-13-2009, 02:44 AM
no one's interested....lol classic.

you're not frenzy
:lol

Obstructed_View
07-13-2009, 03:06 AM

He's really good when his game is on. It's a decent gamble for 8 mil a year now that he's actually shown up in the playoffs, right?

mystargtr34
07-13-2009, 03:27 AM
More time on the bench for the $80 Million man.

DeadlyDynasty
07-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Re-signing LO makes us unquestionably the favorites going into next year, barring more FA deals

KSeal
07-13-2009, 06:01 AM

Lakers won't win shit if they can't resign LO, oh they resigned LO, yeah he's not that good, he'll fuck up their chemistry.

JamStone
07-13-2009, 08:54 AM
For leverage, he should get a $250 million contract offer from a team in Greece. They offer shitloads of money to NBA players even though they end up not being able to pay them.

weebo
07-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Odom should just resign with the lakers. By the looks of it, no one outside of the lakers think that much of him.

coyotes_geek
07-13-2009, 09:20 AM
There would be plenty of teams lining up to offer Odom the money he wants if they weren't constrained to the MLE. But since those teams are constrained, the lakers have good leverage in negotiations. I'd expect Lamar to wait and see whether Portland gets Milsap or not before signing anything though.

JamStone
07-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Odom should go to the Knicks for the MLE for one year and go back to free agency next summer.

Dex
07-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Lakers are being fortunate to be in the right place at the right time with these negotiations.

Looks like the rest of the league has caught on to the fact that Odom, while a fantastic role player, doesn't seem to be franchise player. Therefore, no ones willing to throw the money at him that he wants.

Still surprised no one is even willing to match the Lakers offer, but even if they did, I imagine he'd probably stick with LA.

lefty
07-13-2009, 11:21 AM
8 millions for showing up 2-3 times each season?

I would take it !!!!!

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't care how much they pay Odom as long as they sign him. I don't think Lamar will play any worse if he gets a lesser deal than his original asking price of 10 million. People would complain about his inconsistency but I still think he's better than Sheed or Dice at this point in his career. So long as the Lakers can match up well with Boston in the Finals from the Starting 5 all the way to the 6th man and the bench, I don't care what Lamar does the rest of the season.

Culburn369
07-13-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't care how much they pay Odom as long as they sign him. I don't think Lamar will play any worse if he gets a lesser deal than his original asking price of 10 million. People would complain about his inconsistency but I still think he's better than Sheed or Dice at this point in his career. >>>So long as the Lakers can match up well with Boston in the Finals from the Starting 5 all the way to the 6th man and the bench, I don't care what Lamar does the rest of the season.<<<

A fine, cogent post.

Odum is a professional. His MO is set in stone. We know what we're getting into with him, and for the most part we've made our peace with that MO. He is what he is and we've cast our lot with him, and vice versa.

turiaf for president
07-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Lakers are being fortunate to be in the right place at the right time with these negotiations.

Looks like the rest of the league has caught on to the fact that Odom, while a fantastic role player, doesn't seem to be franchise player. Therefore, no ones willing to throw the money at him that he wants.

Still surprised no one is even willing to match the Lakers offer, but even if they did, I imagine he'd probably stick with LA.

thats because everyone but portland and memphis is over the cap. i guarantee you if the spurs, suns, cavs, and at least 15 other teams were 8-9 million under the cap, they would offer lamar that money

ducks
07-13-2009, 01:18 PM
ODOM is worth about 7-8 million when motivated

Culburn369
07-13-2009, 01:41 PM
- "Thank, Christ we're not 8-9 million under the cap,,,Odum is loose."

- spurs, suns, cavs, & at least 15 other teams

iggypop123
07-13-2009, 02:17 PM
i can already see spurs fans. "odom is washed up and is a waste of a human being and will not do anything to stop our superior team"

Culburn369
07-13-2009, 02:19 PM
i can already see spurs fans. "odom is washed up and is a waste of a human being and will not do anything to stop our superior team...

...and our shit don't stink"

TheMACHINE
07-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Lakers won't win shit if they can't resign LO, oh they resigned LO, yeah he's not that good, he'll fuck up their chemistry.

Frenzy
07-13-2009, 03:31 PM
you're not frenzy
:lol

no i am not interested in LO :wakeup

Obstructed_View
07-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Lakerfan has a memory like a goldfish. Lamar Odom's only as good as his most recent game, which makes him good right now. Come next year, there'll likely be more threads by Lakerfan about how he's overpaid than ones saying what a great signing it was.

KSeal
07-13-2009, 06:17 PM
It's pretty clear Lamar will not be back. It's been two weeks and absolutely nothing, Lakers chose Bynum over Lamar, fucking idiots.

Allanon
07-13-2009, 06:20 PM
It's pretty clear Lamar will not be back. It's been two weeks and absolutely nothing, Lakers chose Bynum over Lamar, fucking idiots.

Lamar will be back, the Lakers don't have any other option.

The Lakers are over the cap and already used up the MLE on Artest and the BAE on Shannon Brown, they can't get anybody else.

If they don't re-sign Lamar, Hello Josh Powell! :lol

IronMexican
07-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Lakerfan has a memory like a goldfish. Lamar Odom's only as good as his most recent game, which makes him good right now. Come next year, there'll likely be more threads by Lakerfan about how he's overpaid than ones saying what a great signing it was.

Odom was over-paid for 14 million. For 8 million, though? That's great value. I bashed Odom ever since he was a Laker. But, he's been playing great since that game in Boston.

DAF86
07-13-2009, 06:25 PM

No, Odom (unlike Artest) is a talented and smart enough basketball player.

Culburn369
07-13-2009, 06:26 PM

Lordy, that's like startin' over with Odum before Iron's Boston game.

KSeal
07-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Lamar will be back, the Lakers don't have any other option.

The Lakers are over the cap and already used up the MLE on Artest and the BAE on Shannon Brown, they can't get anybody else.

Yup, hello Josh Powell. If the Lakers really wanted Lamar and Lamar really wanted to be back like he said, something would have been worked out by now yet each day passes with basically no real news. I think the Lakers are just waiting for Utah to match the Millsap offer so Portland will by default give Lamar an offer so they have an excuse not to pay him. A 113 million dollar payroll is completely insane. Giving Bynum 12.5 million was the mistake, just another horrible contract by Mitch, nothing to see here.

KSeal
07-13-2009, 06:29 PM
No, Odom (unlike Artest) is a talented and smart enough basketball player.

Yeah, Ron has no talent, keep telling yourself that.

Kindergarten Cop
07-13-2009, 06:39 PM
I think the Lakers are just waiting for Utah to match the Millsap offer so Portland will by default give Lamar an offer so they have an excuse not to pay him.

I honestly think that it's Odom that is waiting to see if Utah will match Portland's offer sheet. If the Blazers land Milsap, Odom will have no real choice but to except the $8M per that the Lakers are offering. If Utah matches the offer sheet and Portland makes an offer to Odom, I see Odom giving the Lakers every opportunity to come close to the deal before bolting town.

If Odom leaves town, I see the Spurs basically on the same level as the Lakers - but if Odom re-ups with the Champs then they are still a level above San Antonio IMHO. One thing is for sure though, the gap is a lot narrower either way with the offseason that the Spurs have had.

Culburn369
07-13-2009, 06:39 PM
I think the Lakers are just waiting for Utah to match the Millsap offer so Portland will by default give Lamar an offer so they have an excuse not to pay him.

Seal, that's ridiculous.

Culburn369
07-13-2009, 06:41 PM
I see Odom giving the Lakers every opportunity to come close to the deal before bolting town.

Kinder, with the goods/reason & moderation style.

mytespurs
07-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Since Lamar wants 10 mill plus and it's unlikely he'll get it, would it make sense to:

Sign a one year deal and try FA in 2010

Come to a compromise with the Lakers maybe 8mil w/bonuses to bring it up to 10 (sorry if this sounds stupid; I will admit I'm not knowledgeable on contract negotiations)

It would seem to me if he really thinks that he's worth 10 million, he would sign for one year and try FA again however I don't know that he would get better offers in 2010 or would he?

Culburn369
07-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Since Lamar wants 10 mill plus and it's unlikely he'll get it, would it make sense to:

Sign a one year deal and try FA in 2010?

The one year deal ties both parties hands then on how Odom is used in '10. Odom will want to exclusively start and goose his stat line, and Phil's hands will be tied. Won't work. It's got to be a 2-3 year deal.

mytespurs
07-13-2009, 07:05 PM
The one year deal ties both parties hands then on how Odom is used in '10. Odom will want to exclusively start and goose his stat line, and Phil's hands will be tied. Won't work. It's got to be a 2-3 year deal.

So even or rather when ('cause I think he stays with the Lakers) signs a contract for 2-3 years, he can still be involved with a sign and trade or is that something completely different.

What if Bynum starts to reach his potential this season-Lamar goes back to the bench? I imagine he wouldn't be too happy; I'd wonder if it would affect his play. I've heard fans say he is a great player but is inconsistent at times.

it's a win-win situation for the lakers either way if they can keep Lamar and Bynum finally starts to show his potential.

mavsfan1000
07-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Any way Dallas can interfere with this plan?

DAF86
07-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah, Ron has no talent, keep telling yourself that.

Of course he has talent, he wouldn't be on the NBA if he wasn't talented. But his talent is grossly overated. He has the skillset (not the BB IQ though) to be a great role player: a great defender that plays very physical and has a decent enough jumper, unfortunately he thinks he's a superstar and he ends up hurting his teams more than he helps them.

Culburn369
07-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Any way Dallas can interfere with this plan?

You mean how that Orlando GM interred with your plan for Gortat and you called him everyting but a white man?

Spursmania
07-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Of course, Odom is waiting to see if Utah matches Portland's offer to Millsap. It's clearly about the money now for Odom. If he weren't waiting for the Utah match, he would have already signed with the Lakers. Word is Utah is going to match-we'll just have to see if the Lakers will up the ante if Portland does zero in on Odom.

Again, I would sign Odom at even 10 mill. Odom is worth at least 10 million to the Lakers isn't he? His contributions off the bench, make the Lakers a tier above anyone else.

Culburn369
07-13-2009, 07:22 PM
So even or rather when ('cause I think he stays with the Lakers) signs a contract for 2-3 years, he can still be involved with a sign and trade or is that something completely different.

What if Bynum starts to reach his potential this season-Lamar goes back to the bench? I imagine he wouldn't be too happy; I'd wonder if it would affect his play.

Lamar is a consumate professional. He's a man. If he signs that contract he knows that he'll appear at the behest of Jackson, whether it's off the bench or starting. If he has any objections those will be dealt with during the negotiating process and settled there.

Culburn369
07-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Again, I would sign Odom at even 10 mill. Odom is worth at least 10 million to the Lakers isn't he? His contributions off the bench, make the Lakers a tier above anyone else.

Sure, he's worth 10 million. His worth to the Lakers is finite, but, that figure is twixt Kupchak and the old man. Every dollar they sign him for less than that finite number is strictly successful business practice.

MarHill
07-13-2009, 07:29 PM
I would be surprised if the Lakers don't re-sign him. I believe if the Odom and Lakers could meet a 9 mil....he will take it!!

He doesn't have much leverage with the Lakers.

Culburn369
07-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Odom and his people know the Lakers won't attempt to fuck him over.

What is transpiring currently is the goodness & beauty of capitalism and the American business model.

KSeal
07-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Seal, that's ridiculous.

113 million dollar payroll is more ridiculous, even for Buss.

Culburn369
07-13-2009, 07:48 PM
113 million dollar payroll is more ridiculous, even for Buss.

He's making money hand over fist there, Seal. If he didn't have the kind of monetary streams it takes to fund that payroll he wouldn't be operating in those numbers.

KSeal
07-13-2009, 08:22 PM
He's making money hand over fist there, Seal. If he didn't have the kind of monetary streams it takes to fund that payroll he wouldn't be operating in those numbers.

I believe he'd sign Lamar and pay that huge a payroll if the Luxury tax was going up next year and the following years, but with it dropping potentially to 61 million as soon as next year it's unthinkable to have a payroll that high and huge guaranteed contracts for the next three to five years. Which explains why it's June 13th and Lamar still isn't a Laker.

Kindergarten Cop
07-13-2009, 08:26 PM
I believe he'd sign Lamar and pay that huge a payroll if the Luxury tax was going up next year and the following years, but with it dropping potentially to 61 million as soon as next year it's unthinkable to have a payroll that high and huge guaranteed contracts for the next three to five years. Which explains why it's June 13th and Lamar still isn't a Laker.

Actually, it's a month later than that. :king

KSeal
07-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Actually, it's a month later than that. :king

duncan228
07-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Kupchak: "I'm not as hopeful" (http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2009/07/kupchak-im-not-as-hopeful.html)
By Elliott Teaford

LAS VEGAS -- Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said tonight he was "not as hopeful" of re-signing unrestricted free agent Lamar Odom "as I was Friday." Asked why, Kupchak said, "It's just a feeling you get. You have conversations with the player's representative and, right now, I'm not sure we're on the same page."

Asked during halftime of the Lakers-Clippers summer league game, if he was the point of throwing up his hands in frustration, Kupchak said, "Perhaps."

Kupchak said he had no further plans to talk with Odom's agent, Jeff Schwartz.

"I understand it's a process. I am surprised it's taken us so long to get to this point."

It's believed the Lakers have offered Odom a deal of more than $8 million per season. It's also believed that there are no other teams currently courting Odom, who made $11.4 million last season in the final year of a six-season deal he signed with Miami.

Spursmania
07-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the read Duncan228:toast

coyotes_geek
07-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Meh. Just posturing by Kupchek. The only way Odom isn't a laker next year is if Utah matches on Milsap and Portland throws stupid money at Odom. But, Odom will undoubtedly wait until he's 100% sure Portland won't throw stupid money at him, so this saga will drag out for a while longer.

Banzai
07-13-2009, 10:10 PM
damn I'd take 8 million in a flash!

Spursmania
07-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I mean if no one else is courting Odom, it should be a no-brainer to re-sign with the Lakers.

bdictjames
07-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Miami should sign this guy.

ginobili's bald spot
07-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Miami should sign this guy.

It never stops with these idiots.

BlackBellamy
07-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Odom to the Magic, book it. Cock-block party 2009!
Otis must have all available free agent big men. (except a Mr. B.B. Davis, Lakers... Mavs... anybody?)

Culburn369
07-13-2009, 10:29 PM

lol. I was hopin' you hadn't seen it, bald.

Trainwreck2100
07-13-2009, 10:33 PM

he was joking, i don't know i you know this, but Odom came on a trade from Miami

ginobili's bald spot
07-13-2009, 10:40 PM
he was joking, i don't know i you know this, but Odom came on a trade from Miami

No he wasn't. Do you also think he was joking when he co-signed the OP in the "mavericks should sign Odom" thread earlier today?

Mark Cuban is a billion dollar man.. what's wrong with an extra 20 million dollars to screw the Lakers out of a chip?

KSeal
07-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Kupchak: "I'm not as hopeful" (http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2009/07/kupchak-im-not-as-hopeful.html)
By Elliott Teaford

LAS VEGAS -- Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said tonight he was "not as hopeful" of re-signing unrestricted free agent Lamar Odom "as I was Friday." Asked why, Kupchak said, "It's just a feeling you get. You have conversations with the player's representative and, right now, I'm not sure we're on the same page."

Asked during halftime of the Lakers-Clippers summer league game, if he was the point of throwing up his hands in frustration, Kupchak said, "Perhaps."

Kupchak said he had no further plans to talk with Odom's agent, Jeff Schwartz.

"I understand it's a process. I am surprised it's taken us so long to get to this point."

It's believed the Lakers have offered Odom a deal of more than $8 million per season. It's also believed that there are no other teams currently courting Odom, who made $11.4 million last season in the final year of a six-season deal he signed with Miami.

This is extremely troubling, but you could see it coming. You could just get the feeling things weren't going well, hence the two weeks of silence. Enjoy Portland Lamar.

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Serious question Laker Fans: If Odom does go to Portland or something, how do you feel about your chances at repeating, realistically?

ace3g
07-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Lakers Still Holding Tight On Odom

Lamar Odom's negotiations with the Lakers took a bad turn on Monday.

"It's business, you know what I'm saying," said Odom on Monday. "It takes a little bit of the fun out of the game, but it's part of it."

Asked whether he felt at all unloved or unappreciated by the Lakers, Odom paused and said, "Ummm, it's just the way it is. It'll pay off."

He did however acknowledge a bit of disappointment the negotiations haven't gone as well as he'd hoped.

"It's crazy because if you think about my career and playing basketball and somebody trying to do all the things to help a team win a championship, I felt like I've done that you know," he said. "But it'll pay off. It'll pay off."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60553/20090713/lakers_still_holding_tight_on_odom/

rayray2k8
07-13-2009, 11:50 PM
He'll get it... Doesn't matter where, but he'll get what he deserves.

Tradition
07-13-2009, 11:56 PM
God damnit just give Odom his money and finish this fucking offseason already. Give him 10 million and suck it up. It is only 2 more fucking million you have to cough up. God damn it this shit is pissing me off. We have the tools to be a dynasty and just need to resign 1 fucking player to be set to defend our title and these pieces of shit are playing with fire. Give Odom his 10 million and GET ON WITH IT!

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 11:58 PM
It's 4 million more because of luxury tax, though.

I'd cough it up if I had to though... I guess.

I feel Odom is pertinent for the Lakers to repeat, although maybe not if Bynum can take the next step in his game. Even then, they're far more beatable without Odom, but that much is obvious.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Without Odom, the West will definitely be up for grabs.

Tradition
07-14-2009, 12:01 AM
It's 4 million more because of luxury tax, though.

I'd cough it up if I had to though... I guess.

I feel Odom is pertinent for the Lakers to repeat, although maybe not if Bynum can take the next step in his game. Even then, they're far more beatable without Odom, but that much is obvious.

For a team like the Lakers, you can afford to do that. Fucking Buss is pissing me off. We got lucky landing Artest but this son of a bitch is being a fucking tight ass and it is making our offseason very unenjoyable. That piece of shit says he is willing to spend to keep the championships coming yet we arent getting anywhere with Odom.

KSeal
07-14-2009, 12:01 AM
http://www.ocregister.com/video/index.php?bcpid=1127694947&bclid=1127690720&bctid=29367490001

After seeing the interview it actually doesn't sound that bad, he sounds optimistic. Still holding out hope he'll be back.

j.dizzle
07-14-2009, 01:10 AM
:lol Pro Sports is a business. I can already tell that Lamar's agent or Lamar is trying to scare Mitch into paying up.Why the hell would Mitch do that when there are no more then 1 or 2 other teams interested, if that. The same shit happened with Bynum. Mitch knows wassup now. I understand that Lamar is a very versatile player but if he wants to go a wack team just to make one million more a year then go ahead.:toast He knows he is loved in LA so I honestly dont see him going anywhere else, especially since his good friend pshyco Ron is also on the team now.

usdane
07-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Just saw Mark Cuban on NBA tv saying that after Magic matched Grotat they moving on the second options. They placed a call to Lamar Odom's agent.

No link. it is in the within the last 10 min of NBA Gametime on NBA TV.

What can they offer Odom? Could they be looking for sign and trade?

KSeal
07-14-2009, 01:29 AM
Just saw Mark Cuban on NBA tv saying that after Magic matched Grotat they moving on the second options. They placed a call to Lamar Odom's agent.

According to the LA times Miami might be interested as well. I think both Miami and Dallas only have their MLE. So it would be like 5 years/33 million. It's reported the Lakers are offering a little over 9 million for 3 years but I guess Lamar wants more money and more years and Buss doesn't want to give him that.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Odom to the Magic, book it. Cock-block party 2009!
Otis must have all available free agent big men. (except a Mr. B.B. Davis, Lakers... Mavs... anybody?)

Magic is holding a trade exception for 8mil, so Odom signing there is not an impossibility.

Can you trade a trade exception? That 8mil that Orlando holds might be of use to a team that wants to sign Lamar...

I hope this happens: the Jazz match Millsap and move Boozer somewhere, the Blazers offer Lamar 4yrs 32mil and he jumps on it. Seems like he's pretty pissed at the Lakers right now - another team makes him a reasonable offer and I hope he's gone in a fit of pique! But it's just a hope. He probably ends up a Faker again... :depressed

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-14-2009, 01:32 AM

No way the Lakers would agree to one, surely.

KSeal
07-14-2009, 01:34 AM
If you watch the interview Lamar doesn't seem pissed at all, quite optimistic actually. He won't leave to take the MLE somewhere else, it comes down to what Portland offers him and if the Lakers then decide to step up their offer or let him walk.

usdane
07-14-2009, 01:36 AM
According to the LA times Miami might be interested as well. I think both Miami and Dallas only have their MLE. So it would be like 5 years/33 million. It's reported the Lakers are offering a little over 9 million for 3 years but I guess Lamar wants more money and more years and Buss doesn't want to give him that.

If becomes a sign and trade. I would like to see Odom for Love & Rubio.

KSeal
07-14-2009, 01:38 AM

I doubt that's going to happen. Maybe to Miami for Haslem and Chalmers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-14-2009, 01:39 AM

Yeah and I'd like to see Nash for Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.

KSeal
07-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Yeah and I'd like to see Nash for Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.

If Chris Wallace gets hired as the OKC GM it could happen.

TheMACHINE
07-14-2009, 01:45 AM
wtf..if u think ur worth more Odom...find a fucking offer and show it to mitch. Stop trying to make the Lakers bid against themselves. Bust an Ariza and go to a shit hole city if u want.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-14-2009, 01:45 AM
If Chris Wallace gets hired as the OKC GM it could happen.

Unfortunately OKC has the best GM in basketball who's great at taking Steve Kerr to the cleaners, it's a good thing I'm a bandwagon Thunder fan indefinitely.

ginobili's bald spot
07-14-2009, 02:02 AM
wtf..if u think ur worth more Odom...find a fucking offer and show it to mitch. Stop trying to make the Lakers bid against themselves. Bust an Ariza and go to a shit hole city if u want.

Calm down man. It's just business. Lamar really has zero leverage in this and nowhere else to go. He'll be re signed. No need to panic.

carrao45
07-14-2009, 02:23 AM
Serious question Laker Fans: If Odom does go to Portland or something, how do you feel about your chances at repeating, realistically?

Zero Chance

La Peace
07-14-2009, 02:33 AM
Word on the street is its not about money

It is about years. Can't come to an agreement on years.

They offered 24/3, he wanted to walk, they offered 25.5/3, he now wants 34/4.

The difference between 3 and 4 is the issue at hand now that the offer has been raised.

Tradition
07-14-2009, 02:41 AM
OMG its about years? OMG its between 3 and 4? Hey Dr. Buss give him a multiyear deal and get the fuck on with it you son of a bitch. We are trying to win NOW! Give him a multiyear deal and worry about it hurting this team 3-4 years from now. God damn it! This shit is so fucking frustrating. Our hopes of evolving into a dynasty hinges on keeping Odom. This is on Jerry Buss if we lose Odom.

sonic21
07-14-2009, 02:53 AM
He can get $10 million from Portland and $11 million from OKC. But with the cap going down to 51 mill in 2010, it is very unlikely.

La Peace
07-14-2009, 02:53 AM
Thats what I am saying. Basically you have a contender. Do you spend an extra 17 Million to make sure you are the favorite? Keeping in mind you already have committed 100 million. It seems silly to me. Yes a fourth year would be a long term but by that time Sasha will be off the books. I am pretty sure there are some FA's for summer of 12 that the Lakers are looking at and don't want to commit.

jonnybravo
07-14-2009, 02:55 AM
No way the Lakers would agree to one, surely.

Toss in Dirk and I"m sure they'd talk. We won with one Euro 7 footer, why not two?

ElNono
07-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Thats what I am saying. Basically you have a contender. Do you spend an extra 17 Million to make sure you are the favorite? Keeping in mind you already have committed 100 million. It seems silly to me. Yes a fourth year would be a long term but by that time Sasha will be off the books. I am pretty sure there are some FA's for summer of 12 that the Lakers are looking at and don't want to commit.

You could give him a bloated contract and if shit doesn't pan out, move him in a year or two. It would be more difficult, sure, because of the cap going down and what not, but it's been done before. See Rose, Malik or James, Jerome.

djohn2oo8
07-14-2009, 08:01 AM

Yeah, how we love to beat the shit out of our fellow citizens to celebrate something so crucial in our lives

TheMACHINE
07-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Calm down man. It's just business. Lamar really has zero leverage in this and nowhere else to go. He'll be re signed. No need to panic.

im not panicing,. Tradition is the one panicing. Im just saying if you think you can get more moeny...show it to Mitch..simple as that.

TheMACHINE
07-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah, how we love to beat the shit out of our fellow citizens to celebrate something so crucial in our lives

damn right.

Tradition
07-14-2009, 12:47 PM
im not panicing,. Tradition is the one panicing. Im just saying if you think you can get more moeny...show it to Mitch..simple as that.

:rolleyes Yeah I am sure you are calm as fuck. We are 2 weeks into the offseason and we arent getting anywhere with Odom. You are lying to yourself if that doesnt make you nervous. Jerry Buss claims that he will open his wallet to keep this team intact yet he is being a tightass on giving Odom a 4 year deal. With each passing day, the chances of getting something done are getting smaller and smaller. Im sick of this bullshit already. Give Odom what he wants and stop playing with fire.

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 12:53 PM
:rolleyes Yeah I am sure you are calm as fuck. We are 2 weeks into the offseason and we arent getting anywhere with Odom. You are lying to yourself if that doesnt make you nervous. Jerry Buss claims that he will open his wallet to keep this team intact yet he is being a tightass on giving Odom a 4 year deal. With each passing day, the chances of getting something done are getting smaller and smaller. Im sick of this bullshit already. Give Odom what he wants and stop playing with fire.

Maude, I mean Tradition, SIT!

TheMACHINE
07-14-2009, 01:14 PM

Odom has nobody else to work with unless he's dumb enough to bust an Ariza. Well...its odom...so maybe he is..lol

La Peace
07-14-2009, 01:36 PM
NBA rumors news update: Im hearing the lakers are offering Odom 9 mil/yr over 3 yrs.

Per twitter

KSeal
07-14-2009, 01:43 PM
NBA rumors news update: Im hearing the lakers are offering Odom 9 mil/yr over 3 yrs.

Per twitter

Yup and Lamar wants more money and more years, apparently the Lakers don't want to give him more then three years.

Mr. Body
07-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Their cap is already in bad shape with that huge contract to Bynum. They don't want to owe Odom money past three years, too. He's holding out for more (as he should).

iggypop123
07-14-2009, 02:18 PM
this is how a negotiation works. david lee should take notes. odom will get the best he can form the lakers, a far cry from the 7 million they started out with.

Mr. Body
07-14-2009, 02:22 PM
It cracks me up there are Lakers fans with over 2,000 posts on a Spurs board. :wtf

La Peace
07-14-2009, 02:27 PM
http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2009/07/lamar-odom-on-contract-negotiations-with-the-lakers.html

Video of Lamar speaking about Negotiations at Laker Championship DVD viewing party.

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 02:34 PM
I knew that one Spurs fan who said Odom wasn't going to show up was full of malarkey.

It's still at the business level, nothing personal has transpired.

IronMexican
07-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Any Laker fan who has a torrent of the championship DVD, please PM me. I really need to watch it.

iggypop123
07-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Any Laker fan who has a torrent of the championship DVD, please PM me. I really need to watch it.

you better seed otherwise i wont download it

SonOfAGun
07-14-2009, 04:49 PM
odom is washed up and is a waste of a human being and will not do anything to stop our superior team.