PDA

View Full Version : Probably premature, BUT ...

coopdogg3
07-13-2009, 01:42 AM
This has probably been talked about. And I don't want to jinx anything.

BUT.

If Blair turns out to be the player we all think he's gonna be (beast of a rebounder, powerful presence in the paint.)

and

Hairston becomes the player we all hope he will be (premature, but a solid back-up 2 guard).

Where does that trade with Phoenix rank? Moving back a couple spots in the 2nd round. Getting 2 contributors and cash. Just a great trade.

This isn't an anti-Dragic post, but Phoenix just got the short end of that trade.

And does this make up for the Scola trade?

gmanrulz
07-13-2009, 01:47 AM
This has probably been talked about. And I don't want to jinx anything.

BUT.

If Blair turns out to be the player we all think he's gonna be (beast of a rebounder, powerful presence in the paint.)

and

Hairston becomes the player we all hope he will be (premature, but a solid back-up 2 guard).

Where does that trade with Phoenix rank? Moving back a couple spots in the 2nd round. Getting 2 contributors and cash. Just a great trade.

This isn't an anti-Dragic post, but Phoenix just got the short end of that trade.

And does this make up for the Scola trade?

how would it make up for the trade. We could have scola and blair now.

anjlbitz
07-13-2009, 01:51 AM
Even if Hairston and Blair fail, the Spurs still got $500k from that deal and the Suns got White Magic I'd say it's close but the Spurs got the better end of that deal.

$500k > White Magic :p

mosdef17
07-13-2009, 03:48 AM
I would have done the trade just for the $500K haha

spursfan1000
07-13-2009, 07:52 AM
^ lol thats like 15 $ to me and you

urunobili
07-13-2009, 07:58 AM
check my sig...

ElNono
07-13-2009, 08:17 AM
I see Hairston more like a solid SF if he pans out. I can see him filling the backup role to RJ.

Russ
07-13-2009, 08:42 AM
I see Hairston more like a solid SF if he pans out. I can see him filling the backup role to RJ.

Lack of athleticism might be the one thing that keeps Hairston from being a solid NBA player. Hopefully not.

nkdlunch
07-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Lack of athleticism might be the one thing that keeps Hairston from being a solid NBA player. Hopefully not.

Malik has no lack of athleticism. He looks non-athletic but you are fooling yourself. I'd say his athleticism is above average for NBA player.

SenorSpur
07-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Probably still too early to grade that trade because both Dragic and Hairston are still developing. Yet at this point in time, Hairston is clearly further along than "White Magic"

sananspursfan21
07-13-2009, 10:36 AM
how would it make up for the trade. We could have scola and blair now.

why do you quote the thread? that's stupid and annoying