PDA

View Full Version : Jason Terry:" So what? the mavs are still stronger than the spurs next season"

Pages : [1] 2

Rapper
07-13-2009, 07:35 AM
"Even after the trade(Richard Jefferson and Antonio McDyess), the mavs are still better than the spurs next season" said Jason babe during an interview in ESPN yesterday

Dawgs, this dude just admitted that there are only 2 teams which are better than the mavs in the west, one is the lakers the other goes to the "future hornets"

Spursfan092120
07-13-2009, 07:38 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 07:39 AM
He's right

fleggy2k2
07-13-2009, 07:39 AM
fuck terry

Muser
07-13-2009, 07:40 AM
And we begin the 1000433r59433249233954u58ut8538945 flame war between Spur and mavs fans.

GSH
07-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Just for posting that weak shit.
http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/original/bitch-slap_1130536521.jpg

qiuyizeng
07-13-2009, 07:41 AM
nothing to say,I hope meeting the mavs in the fucking next playoffs!

Spursfan092120
07-13-2009, 07:42 AM
He's right
aww...how cute...you can even lie to yourself.

fleggy2k2
07-13-2009, 07:43 AM
denial is the first step towards acceptance, terry

iilluzioN
07-13-2009, 07:43 AM
lol, omg

I can't wait till we play the MAVS with Manu back

Darkwaters
07-13-2009, 07:46 AM
I can't remember ever caring what Jason Terry thought. So...that about sums up what I think of this.

spursfan1000
07-13-2009, 07:48 AM
LOL who gives a fuck what Jason Terry wants to believe. He is stupid if he Thinks the return of Manu Ginoili, the trade for Richard Jefferson and the signing of Antonio Mcdyess dosen't make the Spurs better than he is a dumass.

I hope Spurs meet up with the Mavs so the Spurs can sweep. :lol:toast

ElNono
07-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Jason who?

Amarelooms
07-13-2009, 07:49 AM
lol, omg

I can't wait till we play the MAVS with Manu back

Spurs want no part of the Mavs trust me. Expect them to tank at the end of the season if they have to in order to avoid that matchup at all cost. :elephant

Redshadows
07-13-2009, 07:50 AM
maves would be always better than spurs if they had td tp manu and jefferson while the spurs had terry

Muser
07-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Spurs want no part of the Mavs trust me. Expect them to tank at the end of the season if they have to in order to avoid that matchup at all cost. :elephant

:elephant:elephant:elephant

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 07:53 AM
Marion > Jefferson

Gortat > McDyess

Mavs went 6-1 v Spurs last year w/ Howard/Terry/Dirk playing :)

Manu would have just extended the series to 6 last year (Mavs still winning)

Darkwaters
07-13-2009, 07:54 AM

Spurs: :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Mavs: :wgaf:

spursfan1000
07-13-2009, 07:55 AM
lol at Marion > Jefferson and Gortat > Mcdyess

Muser
07-13-2009, 07:55 AM

If we're talking rings then the Mavs have 1 on this forum.

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 07:56 AM

Jefferson and McDyess are bigger names, Gortat/Marion are better players.

spursfan1000
07-13-2009, 07:57 AM
:lol
Marion > Jefferson

Gortat > McDyess

Let me guess

Terry > Manu
Kidd > Parker :lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Small time player in a small time team. Nothing to see.

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 07:59 AM

Let me guess

Terry > Manu
Kidd > Parker :lol

No but Mavs > Spurs :)

TJastal
07-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Marion > Jefferson

Gortat > McDyess

Hate to burst your bubble, but you haven't signed Gortat yet, the magic will match the offer made today or tomorrow, so your wet dream is going to end

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Hate to burst your bubble, but you haven't signed Gortat yet, the magic will match the offer made today or tomorrow, so your wet dream is going to end

link? proof?

Besides, superiority to teh Spurs isn't really a "wet dream" anymore... its just expected. Our guys in blue have bigger obstacles to worry about... namely the Lakers... Celtics... Cavs... etc. :)

urunobili
07-13-2009, 08:05 AM
:wgaf:

Lackluster
07-13-2009, 08:07 AM
mcdyess 10/10 > gortat 3/3

jefferson 19/5 > marion 12/8

Darkwaters
07-13-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm curious, since this obviously hasn't been brought up, but what about this math...

Gortat - Bass < McDyess + Blair - Thomas

Bass was a serious Spur killer at times. It amazing how you simply glaze over his loss like it's nothing. Thomas and Oberto were ineffective much of the season. So essentially swapping Thomas/Oberto for McDyess/Blair is an incredible gain. How much are you really gaining by swapping an already proven player in Bass for an unproven in Gortat (if you land him at all).

Likewise, Marion put up his worst numbers since his rookie season in his time with the Raptors and Heat. Since leaving the gimmick offense of PHX hes come back down to earth a bit. Plus, hes going to be 32 this next season. And for a player that relies almost entirely on athleticism, according the logic so often applied to the Spurs, you'd have to be worried.

Your math is weak.

coyotes_geek
07-13-2009, 08:10 AM
So Jason Terry believes in his team. What an outrage.

Amarelooms
07-13-2009, 08:10 AM
Why is this news...it's like saying the sun is hot or oxygen is good. Every non-homer knows that the Mavs are a bad matchup and the Spurs have no desire to play them in the playoffs. Now move on people :elephant

bigfan
07-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Ive got no problem about players bragging about their own team, we will see what happens on the court. As for Spurs/Mavs, we will see..... :)

Sdayi135
07-13-2009, 08:16 AM
link? proof?

Besides, superiority to teh Spurs isn't really a "wet dream" anymore... its just expected. Our guys in blue have bigger obstacles to worry about... namely the Lakers... Celtics... Cavs... etc. :)

Th same Dallas team that couldn't commit a foul to save their sorry-ass season vs. Denver last season?

I'd worry about many more teams than just the Lakers, Celtics, and Cavs.

As long as you have Josh Howard and Erick Dampier on your team and Cuban as your owner, forget it.

Dallas isn't better than Denver in any way, shape or form, let alone SA, Lakers, Cavs, Celtics, Blazers, etc.

Call your acquisition of Marion subtraction by addition.

Dalamar_the_Dark
07-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Seriously Gortat may or may not turn out good. But I would think that last season was just a one off. He aint tested. The Mavs love to overpay for centers. Remember Dampier? They also had Foyle.

Marion has always sucked against Spurs. Go check out his stats against the Spurs. Thats the reason the Suns traded him away.

McDyess is a savvy veteran. Always liked his play and presence. Doesnt need the ball to be effective. Is not a ball hog like Marion. Picks his spots and is happy to come off the bench if needed.

McDyess also fills a need. Marion creates a jam. Mavs fan who think that Jason Terry is going to play point guard and Josh Howard playing SG for the whole season is seriously disillusioned.

Jefferson gets us younger at the wing and is someone who doesnt need the ball to be effective as well. He played good defense with the Nets when he didnt have to be the go to guy every night. He could share it with Vine Carter and that used to be Kidd.

With the Bucks, he had to stay out of foul trouble cause he was the offense. With the Spurs, he isnt the first or second. Maybe third or fourth on any given night. Likewise, he will be able to concentrate on defense.

McDyess can give us some points and I believe that DeJuan Blair is going to give us maybe 5-8 points a night. Both McDyess and Blair backing up Duncan is seriously going to solidify our frontline.

Sorry Mav Fans. Stop living in denial.

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Th same Dallas team that couldn't commit a foul to save their sorry-ass season vs. Denver last season?

I'd worry about many more teams than just the Lakers, Celtics, and Cavs.

As long as you have Josh Howard and Erick Dampier on your team and Cuban as your owner, forget it.

Dallas isn't better than Denver in any way, shape or form, let alone SA, Lakers, Cavs, Celtics, Blazers, etc.

Call your acquisition of Marion subtraction by addition.

1. 4-1

2. 3-0 v Blazers last year, 2 wins @ the Rose.

qiuyizeng
07-13-2009, 08:29 AM
terry,marion are the bowen's bitch! I remember terry was scared to lay up when bowen defense on him! what a joke!

Chieflion
07-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Thing is, your boys in blue will not get Gortat.

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 08:30 AM
uh, no. Jefferson is not a bigger name than Marion. Marion has been in the spot light for a whille now, playing with the 60 wins Suns, being traded for both O'Neals.

Plus, what numbers can you provide to prove your point? I am pretty sure McDyess and Jefferson combined put up way better numbers than Gortat and Marion combined.

Since I know the facts stand in my favor, I also know you won't do it. So I'll do it for you.

Marion had a superior +/- and PER to Jefferson, . Defends better, rebounds better, shoots a better %, has a better assist rate. More versatile... Just overall, a better player :). Jefferson doesn't play defense and is a pretty poor rebounder for a forward. I'll give Jefferson an edge in shooting/scoring though... doesn't offset Marion's other qualities :)

McDyess has less size than my man Marcin Gortat and 10 years more of age. Of course his stats are better, because Detroit's frontline was trash opening up minutes for him. Meanwhile, Gortat played on a team w/ the best center in the world but produced good per 40 numbers :). Gortat has superior rebound rates and FG % from the floor, and even a higher PER. Back to +/-, the Pistons were 4 points worse per 100 possessions with McDyess was on the floor. Furthermore McD has an ominous 6 year trend of taking a step back in even numbered years.

The numbers favor my opinions :). Time shall tell whether they're validated or not.

Russ
07-13-2009, 08:33 AM
The Dallas Mavericks? Hopefully, the Spurs aren't setting their sights as low as fans are.l

benefactor
07-13-2009, 08:36 AM
What is this "Mavericks" thing you guys are speaking of?

rjv
07-13-2009, 08:39 AM
is this the same jason terry that was a part of that choke job mavs that lost the finals in classic flame out fashion? what the hell would he know about who is a real contender or not?

SpursFan0728
07-13-2009, 08:40 AM
I think if Mavs get Gortat in addition to Marion, they will be the top 4 teams in the west along with Spurs, Lakers and Denver. It is too early to tell who is better right now because each team added new pieces and the chemistry is still unknown.

But 1 thing that is true is that Spurs future>Dallas Future

Brazil
07-13-2009, 08:40 AM
lol at mavs fans grabing the opportunity of Terry to piss off spurs fans.

and it works

JGrice02
07-13-2009, 08:46 AM

I don't understand people even defend against this guy. He is either dilusional or just likes messing with Spurs fans. Either way, everyone knows that he is wrong.

As for Terry's comments, it should not be overlooked that the Mavs LOST their best post player, Brandon Bass. I know, it doesn't say much for a team when Bass is their best post player, but he was all the Mavs had and now he's gone.

I think Terry is a blindly loyal guy which explains the comments. If he played an ounce of defense I might actually give him more credit as a player. But he came up short for the Mavs in the playoffs and seems to be on the decline.

I do think the Mavs took a step forward this offseason, but it was a very small step leaving them well behind the Lakers and Spurs.

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 08:47 AM
we're WELL behind a team we beat 4-1 last year?

lol

easjer
07-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Sooooo . . . Jason Terry talks trash and thinks the team he plays for is better than longtime bitter division rivals.

Shocking revelation. Would we honestly prefer that he said, "Man, wtf was Cuban thinking going after Gortat? And Marion is 32! And had to work on a bad team to bring his averages up to where they are. We are so fucked, y'all!"

Please. Just adds fuel to the Spurs' fans fire. Take it fwiw. We would expect our players to have the same mentality.

JGrice02
07-13-2009, 08:52 AM
we're WELL behind a team we beat 4-1 last year?

lol

Thanks for making my point. You are good at getting a rise out of insecure Spurs fans, but you will get no such rise out of me.

Have fun playing with yourself...

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Bass is just an undersized jump shooting PF. A fine backup to Dirk but roster flaws forced him to play about 25 minutes a game. Dirk/Bass is a defensive mess of a frontline although fine offensively. The flaw that enabled his minutes theoretically would be patched up if Gortat signs.

Anywho, he shouldn't be missed much considering Marion can play the 4 and even my man Humphries can eat up some minutes too... if Singleton is resigned that is more quality backup 4 minutes.

Bass shouldn't be missed much. He was only the 5th or 6th best player on the Mavs or so..

dbestpro
Terry is trying to puff up his resume because he wants to write fiction for hoopsworld when he retires.

Pucho!!!
Why is this news...it's like saying the sun is hot or oxygen is good. Every non-homer knows that the Mavs are a bad matchup and the Spurs have no desire to play them in the playoffs. Now move on people :elephant

hahaha if marion couldn't help a more talented team like the suns (more talented than ur current mavs w/ Gortat) beat the Spurs, what makes a cocky bastard like Terry (so cocky that he would use a nickname already used that really doesn't pertain to him) think the Mavs have a better shot?

The reason y the Spurs fans r so confident is cuz we've done so much with so lito (usually just the Big 3 and sum role players) so now that we're loaded with talent we feel the Spurs can't be stopped. The Mavs pay top dollar for every FA they aquire and have choked more times than Jenna Jameson. :lol BTW, quick question for Mavs fans, where does Barea fit into yalls plans? It seems like the Mavs went out of their way to give him no min next year (movin J Ho to the 2, drafting a PG to be ur backup) and that cat gave us trouble last yr much more so that terry but better for us and bad for yall.

nkdlunch
07-13-2009, 09:06 AM
they don't have Bass anymore???

:lmao

sweet. he was the new official Spur killer

DBMethos
07-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Bass is just an undersized jump shooting PF. A fine backup to Dirk but roster flaws forced him to play about 25 minutes a game. Dirk/Bass is a defensive mess of a frontline although fine offensively. The flaw that enabled his minutes theoretically would be patched up if Gortat signs.

Anywho, he shouldn't be missed much considering Marion can play the 4 and even my man Humphries can eat up some minutes too... if Singleton is resigned that is more quality backup 4 minutes.

Bass shouldn't be missed much. He was only the 5th or 6th best player on the Mavs or so..

That may be true for Bass vs. most teams, but Bass vs. the Spurs becomes the 2nd coming of Barkley/Malone/McHale all rolled into one. By contrast, Marion historically disappears vs. the Spurs. Then again, maybe it's just the uniform.

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 09:11 AM
they don't have Bass anymore???

sweet. he was the new official Spur killer

We beat Spurs last year even without Bass.

txallstar
07-13-2009, 09:13 AM
screw terry and mavs fan who cares. let them care about their championship season which is only happy with beating the spurs. the fact the terry and mavs fan's whole season revovles around beating the spurs. that's respect. you may not fear but you do respect.

fleggy2k2
07-13-2009, 09:14 AM
not necessarily, pure oxygen can kill you.

so if your goal is to kill yourself, then yeah, oxygen is good.
but i don't blame some mavs fans for wanting to kill themselves :toast

nkdlunch
07-13-2009, 09:16 AM

Ever heard of Manu Ginobili?

Agloco
07-13-2009, 09:19 AM
"Even after the trade(Richard Jefferson and Antonio McDyess), the mavs are still better than the spurs next season" said Jason babe during an interview in ESPN yesterday

Dawgs, this dude just admitted that there are only 2 teams which are better than the mavs in the west, one is the lakers the other goes to the "future hornets"

I can't wait for DeJuan Blair to break him off some the first time he comes down the lane.

DBMethos
07-13-2009, 09:21 AM
I can't wait for DeJuan Blair to break him off some the first time he comes down the lane.

Come off it. Blair's a rebounder, not an enforcer. Now, if Terry just happens to get in the way of DeJuan's rebound, then... :ihit

timtonymanurich
07-13-2009, 09:21 AM
"Said the scared Dallas player..." :lmao I don't know how recent this statement was made from Jet, but it HAD to be when Jason and Josh Howard were tokin' bigtime behind Cubans presidential suite. :smokin
I forgot that Jason Terry was such an expert on Spurs current roster and front office tactics, seeings how we haven't even played them yet even in summer league.
Well Ms Terry, no need to start acting like a lady! But don't worry you'll be back on your knees in NO time....

:idiot

By the way... how many RINGS does Terry have...?
So this would make him one to talk.

Agloco
07-13-2009, 09:22 AM

Ever heard of Manu Ginobili?

Kinda pointless to argue with this idiot. He's part of the "Mavericks winners of the 2006 Championship" crew.

It's the most pathetic display of butt-hurt ever.

fleggy2k2
07-13-2009, 09:23 AM

while we were without manu and half of duncan

but if beating half of the big three helps you sleep at night, then more power to you

Shank
07-13-2009, 09:28 AM
When/where did he say this?

Agloco
07-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Come off it. Blair's a rebounder, not an enforcer. Now, if Terry just happens to get in the way of DeJuan's rebound, then... :ihit

Yeah yeah, one's role is set in stone coming out of college right? Attitudes and roles evolve as situations arise. Keep in mind the DeJuan isn't the most fleet of foot either. The most likely scenario if Terry comes down the lane at him? A foul, and not a light one either.

Ryvin1
07-13-2009, 09:31 AM
What the hell is terry supposed to say.. oh the spurs are going to kick our ass, be better not play them. There is no problem with him believing in his team performance until the spurs can prove the changes help them beat the changes the mavs made. We're a different team then last year, they are too, we'll find out as the season goes on. I hope we crush them make him eat his words, but I don't fault Terry for thinking his team is better until we prove it other wise.

SonOfAGun
07-13-2009, 09:34 AM
LOL MAVS

:wgaf:

nkdlunch
07-13-2009, 09:36 AM
What the hell is terry supposed to say.. oh the spurs are going to kick our ass, be better not play them. There is no problem with him believing in his team performance until the spurs can prove the changes help them beat the changes the mavs made. We're a different team then last year, they are too, we'll find out as the season goes on. I hope we crush them make him eat his words, but I don't fault Terry for thinking his team is better until we prove it other wise.

pretty stupid thing to say especially knowing that last year they beat a Spurs team without their 2nd best player.

Additionally more stupid since it's offseason and Spurs clearly improved the team more than Mavs.

He didn't have to say SPurs are better, but something along the lines of, we'll see woudl have been smart.

Dalamar_the_Dark
07-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Whens the first Mavs Spurs matchup in the regular season?

Whens the next time the Mavs and Spurs matchup in the post season?

Let the results show.

superbigtime
07-13-2009, 09:43 AM

Exactly. Marion is a loser and the entire league knows it. Gortat>Dampier but not Dice.

DrHouse
07-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Terry can talk all the shit he wants, his team dick slapped the Spurs 4-1 last season.

elbamba
07-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Congratulations on being 2006 Western Conference Champions!

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Marion > Jefferson

Gortat > McDyess

LMAO @ Marion > Jefferson. Marion fucking blows dude. EVERY Spurs fan knows this, as every time we played against Phoenix he played like a scared, passive, little bitch. He is one of the certified Spurs' bitches, along with Kenyon Martin, etc.

And :lol @ Gortat > McDyess. 12mpg? GTFO.

Spursmania
07-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Who cares what Terry says.:sleep

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Terry can talk all the shit he wants, his team dick slapped the Spurs 4-1 last season.

Jason Terry:" So what? the mavs are still stronger than the spurs next season"

No. Shut the fuck up you moron.

How easily Mav Fan forgets we had no Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan was injured. :lmao

mavsfan1000
07-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Terry needs to keep his mouth shut. Pathetic arrogance. I hope we don't meet San Antonio now as they will be fueled by this.

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 10:06 AM
They don't even have Bass anymore. :lmao

fleggy2k2
07-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Terry needs to keep his mouth shut. Pathetic arrogance. I hope we don't meet San Antonio now as they will be fueled by this.

an openminded mavs fan

what a refreshing, but rare, sighting :toast

lotr1trekkie
07-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Gosh, golly gee, Mav fans have a such a mega-inferiority complex[ well deserved] when it comes to the Spurs. It's a known fact that Viagra sales double in the Dallas area just before the Spurs come to town or win another championship. We have Tony and Eva and Dallas has Dirt and his slimey slut. We have Tim and family and Dallas has Kidd-- a wife beating, adultorous jerk. Too bad Kidd didn't marry Arturo Gatti's wife! For a decade Cuban has been trying to buy a championship and dress like he's just one of the boys. Pathetic!

samikeyp
07-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Jason Terry: Mr. July.

Spursmania
07-13-2009, 10:27 AM
http://www.hoopnation.de/uploads/jasonterrydrunk.jpghttp://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_images_n300/0071-0906-0117-5910_blue_bow.jpg (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:calc_price%28%27RF%27,%270071-0906-0117-5910%7C3630%7C4805%7CCommercial%7C%7C%7C1%7C1%27%2 9)

Congratulations on your blue ribbon for beating the Spurs but never winning the real thing. How's that blue ribbon working out for you?

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 10:30 AM

but if beating half of the big three helps you sleep at night, then more power to you

lol, Duncan played fine. And was close to 100%. Just wasn't good enough.

There's a difference between being injured and old.

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 10:30 AM

lol, Duncan played fine. And was close to 100%. Atleast closer to 100 than he was to 50... Just wasn't good enough.

There's a difference between being injured and old.

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Exactly. Marion is a loser and the entire league knows it. Gortat>Dampier but not Dice.

And Jefferson is a winner?

sananspursfan21
07-13-2009, 10:33 AM

you're a fag (hence the elephant) and you have no basketball knowledge

MI21
07-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Who cares?

Jason Terry may not be a beacon of intelligence, but why would he say that the Mavs are weaker than the Spurs this upcoming season? I hate the prick, but hey, he is saying what he feels which is better than hearing some automated response that players normally churn out.

Dallas have made some solid moves and should be improved as well. I think the Spurs will be better, and I think almost everybody but Spurs fans don't realise how weak they were last season and how big the improvements they have made are, but its not exactly out of this world for what he said to come to fruition.

Spurs_210
Jealously makes you say some crazy things... Mavs and their fans will hang on the fact they made it pass the first round by beating the Spurs as long as they can. It all boils down to envy. Envy for the 4 titles the Spurs have won compared to the none they have. Envy that Cuban has spent so much money on a shit team that can't make the WCFs and yet Holt has just barely even opened his wallet this year.

George Gervin's Afro
Seriously, who cares what any mav says?

ElNono
And Jefferson is a winner?

He definitely has more NBA Finals appearances than Marion...

rayray2k8
He's in for a rude awaking...

z0sa
07-13-2009, 10:39 AM
the Spurs were better than Mavs last season minus injuries.

They're way better this season, It's a fact.

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 10:42 AM
He definitely has more NBA Finals appearances than Marion...

Irrelevant, Marion is the superior player and quite frankly, most Spurs fans would agree with this if Jefferson went to the Mavs and Marion to the Spurs

Jefferson isn't even top 10 at his position, doesn't play defense, doesn't rebound, doesn't actually impact games like my man Marion.

samikeyp
07-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Irrelevant, Marion is the superior player and quite frankly, most Spurs fans would agree with this if Jefferson went to the Mavs and Marion to the Spurs

And if Jefferson went to the Mavs, most Mavs fans such as yourself would say he was the better player.

rayray2k8
07-13-2009, 10:45 AM
I could name 5 teams better than the mavs that aren't the spurs.
Lakers, Nuggets, Portland, Houston, hell, you could even make a case that the Thunder are better!

rayray2k8
07-13-2009, 10:45 AM
I could name 5 teams better than the mavs that aren't the spurs.
Lakers, Nuggets, Portland, Houston, hell, you could even make a case that the Thunder are better!

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 10:46 AM
And if Jefferson went to the Mavs, most Mavs fans such as yourself would say he was the better player.

Not I.

I'm just being objective and bringing the truth :smokin

Gortat > Dyess
Marion > Jefferson
Dirk > Duncan
Mavs > Spurs

z0sa
07-13-2009, 10:48 AM

Jefferson isn't even top 10 at his position, doesn't play defense, doesn't rebound, doesn't actually impact games like my man Marion.

marion, that playoff ghost? fuck marion. he's one of the most overrated players/defenders/talents of all time.

nkdlunch
07-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Not I.

Gortat > Dyess
Marion > Jefferson
Dirk > Duncan
Mavs > Spurs

Gortat and his 4ppg?????

Marion averaged 20ppg last season like RJ????

how many rings has Dirk won????

:lmao once again :flag:

gm5k
07-13-2009, 10:49 AM
I can't believe this is even argued about until the teams actually get to play each other next season. just sounds like a bunch of "my brother can beat up your brother" crap.

tmtcsc
07-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Too funny. A healthy Manu and Tim and we would have destroyed them. There is some serious hating going on from jason terry because of all the love the Spurs are getting from their offseason.

BTW, I have a feeling that Orlando will match Gortat's offer from Dallas. Now that will be hilarious.

cornbread
The season hasn't even started yet and Terry's already come out swinging for the nuts.

jrmp317
Not I.

Gortat > Dyess
Marion > Jefferson
Dirk > Duncan
Mavs > Spurs

the Magic are keeping Gortat you stupid prick :rollin

Dirk > Duncan :lmao

Marion has been on the decline for 2 years now, while RJ has increased his stats

I can't wait till we beat the Mavs this season

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 10:51 AM
RJ's rebounds and free throw attempts went down this year and he's jacking up more 3's

Looks to me like Jefferson is on the decline rather than Marion.

I'd also like some proof that the Magic are keeping Gortat?

Irrelevant, even if they are, Gortat > McDyess

Spurs_210
07-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Not I.

Gortat > Dyess
Marion > Jefferson
Dirk > Duncan
Mavs > Spurs
Don't drink the bong water

coyotes_geek
07-13-2009, 10:55 AM

Marion hasn't impacted a game in years. He's talented no doubt, but he's one of those guys who finds a way to put up numbers without making his team much better off for it.

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 10:57 AM
lol @ Ghazi.

If you really think we'd rather have Marion over Jefferson, go read some of the threads in here regarding signing Marion before the Mavs traded for him, you fucking idiot. :lmao

Ryvin1
07-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Marion hasn't impacted a game in years. He's talented no doubt, but he's one of those guys who finds a way to put up numbers without making his team much better off for it.

I think Bruce was a major part for us shutting down Marion and taking him out of the game when we played him on the Suns, I hope we're just as effective taking him out of the game with Bruce gone.

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 10:58 AM
RJ's rebounds and free throw attempts went down this year and he's jacking up more 3's

I'd also like some proof that the Magic are keeping Gortat?

Irrelevant, even if they are, Gortat > McDyess

Marion in 08-09: 12.9ppg

Jefferson in 08-09: 19.6ppg

Fail.

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 11:00 AM

Sounds like Jefferson considering the Bucks were better when he was off the court than on the court this year :smokin

lefty
07-13-2009, 11:00 AM
LMAO Terry :lmao:lmao:lmao

Dude is still bitter because of that 2006 choke job :rollin

4 rings, faggot :tu

Ghazi
07-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Marion in 08-09: 12.9ppg

Jefferson in 08-09: 19.6ppg

Fail.

That settles it. Jefferson scores more points than Marion so he must be a better player.

My mistake guys! Carry on :toast

coyotes_geek
07-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Sounds like Jefferson considering the Bucks were better when he was off the court than on the court this year :smokin

Let me guess, you're playing with +/- stats huh?

hater
07-13-2009, 11:03 AM

RJ's 3pt % last year: 40%

Marion's last year: 19%

try again dummy :lmao :lmao

z0sa
07-13-2009, 11:08 AM
That settles it. Jefferson scores more points than Marion so he must be a better player.

He scores 33% more and for himself, shoots better, has no health issues, and isn't a soft playoff choker.

Jason Terry is a HUGE douche for talking shit considering the injury problems we faced last postseason.

hater
07-13-2009, 11:09 AM
A list of Marion's playoff accomplishments:

z0sa
07-13-2009, 11:09 AM

getting pwned by bowen

:tu

Cry Havoc
07-13-2009, 11:13 AM
I have one very short sentence composed of two words this year for the Mavericks and their fans:

BRING IT.

This has the potential to be one of the best Spurs teams ever. I don't expect you to be scared of us, and I am definitely not afraid of you, even with the Marion acquisition. Bring it. I can't wait to play you.

Sigz
07-13-2009, 11:16 AM

ElNono
07-13-2009, 11:17 AM

You can keep Marion. And I don't see your hypothetical at all, because after the ego issues he had in Phoenix, I very much doubt our team would pick him up, much less overpay him.

benefactor
07-13-2009, 11:19 AM
lol state championship smack. Mavs are the Aggies of the NBA.

afireinside20
07-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Fuck Jason Terry and the entire Mavs organization!!! Come the season and the playoffs, were gonna own their punk asses!!

lefty
07-13-2009, 11:22 AM

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Harry Callahan
07-13-2009, 11:23 AM

Jefferson played in 82 games last year. How does that math work? Milwaukee was better when Redd and others playing early in the year? Duh!

Jason Terry obsessing about the Spurs and trying to downgrade the Spurs is a never ending story, like the sun coming up every day. I have no respect for JT the puncher as a person or a player. He should shut up and help the Mavies win a title, which won't happen. I think only Markie cuban is more obsessed about SA than Terry. Terry hates the Spurs because they have achieved something he will never achieve.

The Mavericks are going to be materially older with their top ten players vs. SA's top ten players now. Marion never impressed me because of the lack of impact he's had historically against San Antonio.

mytespurs
07-13-2009, 11:24 AM

I heard Jason on the Cowturd show last week. He comes off as a Spurs hater but you can't knock his confidence. Mavs vs Spurs-look at the results. :hat

JGrice02
07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
I don't think the Magic will match the offer for Gortat. Why would they? They already signed a potentially better player (Bass) at half the price.

Everyone in the league has a good idea what Bass is worth because he was given a chance to play on the Mavs. He proved himself a valuable player on some level. However, there is only one team in the NBA that knows the true value of Gortat -- the Orlando Magic. It speaks volumes that they would rather have Bass than Gortat.

Part of that tradeoff has to be the excessive price tag the Mavs put on Gortat. Quite simply, the Magic do not think Gortat is worth the MLE over 5 years.

Of course, if they decide to match then Spurs fans could be mistaken about the guy -- he might be better than everyone thinks. But that hasn't happened yet and if it does the Mavs are screwed having already lost Bass. Of course, I cannot imagine them matching the offer. I think its excessive given his lack of productivity.

Orlando knows what they are getting in Bass and they know what they are letting go in Gortat. The Mavs also know what they are losing in Bass, but they are rolling the dice on Gortat, hoping that he turns into something that he is not today.

Right now one could argue that McDyess > Bass > Gortat. In a few years Gortat might be the best of this bunch... but its a gamble. And Cuban has a horrific record when it comes to betting on bigs...

fleggy2k2
07-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Not I.

Gortat > Dyess
Marion > Jefferson
Dirk > Duncan
Mavs > Spurs

:rollin

in2deep
07-13-2009, 11:39 AM
well yeah, if Bass keeps looking like Karl Malone vs. Spurs the Mavs will always beat the SPurs.... oh wait :lol

fleggy2k2
07-13-2009, 11:42 AM

considering their better scoring options were sidelined with injuries with jefferson being pretty much their only source of scoring, it's to be expected that the bucks weren't doing so hot

Ace9
07-13-2009, 11:45 AM
The Spurs offseason just dominates the Mavs offseason. Serously Marion went from being the one of the most underrated players in the NBA to now being overrated by Mavs fans. Gortat isn't even on the same level as Dice! :lmao Add on our elite core plus a deep bench that includes RMJ, GHill, and Grizzly Blair. I see no way even a homer Mavs fan could put the Spurs below the Mavs! Lakers are #1. Spurs are #2. Everyone else in the west has a considerable drop off between these top 2. Stop dreaming.... :rollin

mardigan
07-13-2009, 11:51 AM

Marion's been one of the most over rated players in the league for years now, but suddenly on the Mavs, he's great again. He can't create his own shot, can't drive, sucks at passing, averages almost a 1 to 1 turnover assist ratio, can't shoot the 3 ball, and his defense had been declining for the last 2 years. But to Mav fan number 1, he's the difference maker.

:lol at pinning your hopes to a broke ass Marion and a unproven center. Good for you for being able to lie to yourself.

Muser
07-13-2009, 11:53 AM
If Marion couldn't win with the Suns all those years he ain't gonna change anything in Dallas.

Ace9
07-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Y'all check this thread out in a football forum that I go to (Bucktuck), made me laugh a 100x over! :lol

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=333170&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Sobe_Kucks
07-13-2009, 11:57 AM

If you must know, the term "Mavericks" is most well known as a big wave surf break in Northern California. The less popular term is also known in NBA circles as a synonym for "Dingleberry."
:flag::flag::flag:

SenorSpur
07-13-2009, 11:59 AM
I heard Jason on the Cowturd show last week. He comes off as a Spurs hater but you can't knock his confidence. Mavs vs Spurs-look at the results. :hat

However, you can knock his punk-ass for being a playoff choker.

Attention-seeking, media whores like Turtlehead Terry, should be ignored - until he punches another player in the cahones.

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Y'all check this thread out in a football forum that I go to (Bucktuck), made me laugh a 100x over! :lol

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=333170&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thanks for posting that, I needed a good laugh.

See, it's only Maverick fans that are delusional enough to believe they're the best in the West by adding Marion and Gortat.

:rollin

z0sa
07-13-2009, 12:31 PM
^ them some cankles

spursfan09
07-13-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm not saying anything until Spurs actually go out and prove they can beat the Mavs....otherwise JT (as much as I hate that turtle) is right.

WildcardManu
07-13-2009, 12:33 PM

Just add the Mavs 2006 Western Conference Champion title and you got yourself a winner.

DrHouse
07-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Terry can talk all the smack he wants because his team WON. Until the Spurs beat the Mavs they cannot talk shit. They just have to take it.

Duncan2177
07-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Hey Jason Terry how many rings do you have on your fingers?

Ace9
07-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Terry can talk all the smack he wants because his team WON. Until the Spurs beat the Mavs they cannot talk shit. They just have to take it.

The Spurs don't talk shit. San Antonio = classy. If the Mavs wanna babble on, hoping that last year's playoff will magically repeat if Dallas goes against SA...then be my guest! :lol

Also, who cares if he won? Its all a moot point considering he has no rings, and neither do the Dallas Mavericks organization...:wakeup

Duncan2177
07-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Marion's been one of the most over rated players in the league for years now, but suddenly on the Mavs, he's great again. He can't create his own shot, can't drive, sucks at passing, averages almost a 1 to 1 turnover assist ratio, can't shoot the 3 ball, and his defense had been declining for the last 2 years. But to Mav fan number 1, he's the difference maker.

:lol at pinning your hopes to a broke ass Marion and a unproven center. Good for you for being able to lie to yourself.

z0sa
07-13-2009, 12:47 PM

we were injured retardboy

Brazil
07-13-2009, 12:55 PM

Fuck I missed that ! is it a new law or something ?

Are you THE police officer of the talking shit ?

What do you think of a new law? faker lame can't take part of a trash talking between mavs and spurs fans.

ElNono
07-13-2009, 01:04 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/13/Trolling.jpg

JGrice02
07-13-2009, 01:07 PM

Won what? A first-round series?

As a Laker fan you should know that carries little-to-know value. I suppose the Mavs should celebrate a first round victory because it was their first in a few years. However, both the Lakers and Spurs fall under the category of "Title or Bust".

Terry can talk crap all he wants about a first round win. I could care less. What does it matter? It means vary little when both teams are sitting at home watching the Finals. Great job, Terry, your team was the tallest of the dwarfs.

Touting a victory over the Mavs is not the Spurs definition of success and its definitely not worth boasting over. All that matters is the Spurs did not win the title and they are addressing their faults to correct that failure.

ZB 512
07-13-2009, 01:08 PM
we were injured retardboy

LOL every time Duncan loses, there are 98767896 excuses from Spurs nation. You wouldnt think Spurs fans would make so many excuses considering how successful the organization has been. You dont hear the Patriots making such excuses

Mavs fans dont want to hear all of the excuses. Dallas had to fight through injuries all season long. Howard missed 30 games, and Jason Terry missed a month. Stackhouse declined because of an injury and missed most of the season, just like Manu. If not for those injuries. the Mavericks certainly would have had a better record and a better seed. I would imagine all of those injuries cost the Mavs at least 9 wins....but it doesnt matter, because that is part of the game.

It's quite asinine to hear Spurs fans act like they are the only team that ever has injury problems. I guess it shows just how lucky the Spurs have been on the injury front throughout their run. When they get any injuries whatsoever, Spurs fans freak out.

hater
07-13-2009, 01:09 PM
LOL every time Duncan loses, there are 98767896 excuses from Spurs nation. You wouldnt think Spurs fans would make so many excuses considering how successful the organization has been. You dont hear the Patriots making such excuses

Mavs fans dont want to hear all of the excuses. Dallas had to fight through injuries all season long. Howard missed 30 games, and Jason Terry missed a month. Stackhouse declined because of an injury and missed most of the season, just like Manu. If not for those injuries. the Mavericks certainly would have had a better record and a better seed. I would imagine all of those injuries cost the Mavs at least 9 wins....but it doesnt matter, because that is part of the game.

It's quite asinine to hear Spurs fans act like they are the only team that ever has injury problems. I guess it shows just how lucky the Spurs have been on the injury front throughout their run. When they get any kinds of injuries whatsoever, Spurs fans freak out.

Ginobili was out the entire series, genius

Without Manu we lose to any of the other 7 playoff teams

ZB 512
07-13-2009, 01:10 PM

so was Stackhouse

if the Spurs could have a 2007 Ginobili for that series, could the Mavs have had a 2007 Stackhouse for the Denver series? That would have been great

Pucho!!!
07-13-2009, 01:11 PM

hahaha @ this dude stickin up for Terry. Fuck the Lakers and the Mavs. Terry talkin shit due to past accomplishments, gettn out the 1st rd hahahah. Dude aint never won shit, punches cats in the balls and acts like an airplane just cuz he makes a 3 pt shot despite a pretty famous NBA figure already possessing the name "Jet" that can actually dunk.

Marion is so valued that the past 2 teams he's been on traded him away for even older bigmen hahaha. Terry always seemed to open his piehole b4 the egg hatches. So what they beat the Spurs 4-1, did it lead them to glory or back to Dallas to watch the Finals like the Spurs? For the badass team the Mavs got, they sure hang their championship hopes on simply beating the spurs, pathetic. I wouldn't talk too much shit when ur team has no championship banners in the rafters!

hater
07-13-2009, 01:12 PM
so was Stackhouse

if the Spurs could have a 2007 Ginobili for that series, could the Mavs have had a 2007 Stackhouse for the Denver series? That would have been great

While Stackhouse was sucking ass, Manu was having a career year last year until before his injury. keep trying

ZB 512
07-13-2009, 01:18 PM
While Stackhouse was sucking ass, Manu was having a career year last year until before his injury. keep trying

LMAO career year? What were you watching? My point is that players declining and injuries are part of the NBA. There is no telling if Manu will ever be completely healthy again or at the same level again that he was in 2007 or 2008. That is how Stackhouse started to decline (im not saying Stack was as good as Manu, but he was a key 6th man for Dallas, just as Manu was a key 6th man for SA)

Manu was injured most of the season and the Spurs still got the #3 seed...yet when the playoffs start, you commence with the patented Spurs excuses. It's quite asinine to see Spurs fans act like they are the only team in the NBA with injuries. A lot of teams had injury problems (including the Mavs), yet Spurs nation clearly makes the most excuses.

Spurs are the LAST franchise that should be making excuses. Mavs fans dont want to hear them...especially considering all of the injury problems Dallas had to fight through the entire season

MWILL
07-13-2009, 01:20 PM

Please, stop making excuses.

Mavs knocked the Spurs out of the playoffs with and without Ginobili.

mardigan
07-13-2009, 01:22 PM

Mavs knocked the Spurs out of the playoffs with Ginobili.

Link?

lebomb
07-13-2009, 01:24 PM

Mavs knocked the Spurs out of the playoffs with and without Ginobili.

True, but still no hardware. :rolleyes

MWILL
07-13-2009, 01:27 PM
2006 season. Remember when Ginobili made that stupid (I mean great) foul on Dirk?

You can't forget that series. Almost every game was a classic.

mytespurs
07-13-2009, 01:28 PM

True. The Mavs won the last playoff series hence all the smacktalk. The Mavs have been relatively successful against the Spurs. Yet......for all that talk, they don't have much to show for it do they?

So I say let them and all spurs bashers talk all you want. :hat

BlackBellamy
07-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Marion > Jefferson

Gortat > McDyess

Man, Mavs fans really are the funniest fuckers on this board. Where are the numbers to back up your assessment?

bigdog
07-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Let the damn Mavs talk all they want. Every time they've beaten the Spurs, they haven't done much after that. Their success isn't shit until they get a trophy.

MWILL
07-13-2009, 01:31 PM
True, but still no hardware. :rolleyes

Yeah. That was the shitty part of that season. They beat 2 quality teams Spurs and Suns, then lose to the Heat. I'm never gonna understand that one.

mardigan
07-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Man, Mavs fans really are the funniest fuckers on this board. Where are the numbers to back up your assessment?

He's a better rebounder.
That's about it.

ZB 512
07-13-2009, 01:36 PM

an assessment that Marion has been better than Jefferson? Marion is a 4 time all star (most recently in 2007)

although Jefferson is a really good player and he was a perfect signing for the Spurs imo. Both teams upgraded needs with their signings imo.

z0sa
07-13-2009, 01:39 PM
an assessment that Marion has been better than Jefferson? Marion is a 4 time all star (most recently in 2007)

read: one of the most overrated players in NBA history

MWILL
07-13-2009, 01:42 PM
What matters is what are the new additions will do for the Mavs and Spurs. What they did last season won't mean shit anymore.

Hope to see another Mavs and Spurs matchup in the playoffs.

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 01:42 PM
2006 season. Remember when Ginobili made that stupid (I mean great) foul on Dirk?

You can't forget that series. Almost every game was a classic.

Quit living in the past brah, because from what I remember, that 2006 season ended far worse for your boys in blue.

Not to mention 2007. :lmao

sprrs
07-13-2009, 01:43 PM
It's just a front. This is how Terry is really feeling on the inside:

http://netanya.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/293_home_alone_121107.jpg

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 01:44 PM
What matters is what are the new additions will do for the Mavs and Spurs. What they did last season won't mean shit anymore.

Hope to see another Mavs and Spurs matchup in the playoffs.

Alright, I agree with that.

SonOfAGun
07-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Mavs having to ride Spurs coattails to remain relevant LOL

MWILL
07-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Quit living in the past brah, because from what I remember, that 2006 season ended far worse for your boys in blue.

Not to mention 2007. :lmao

I was answering a posters question. He/She didn't think The Mavs knocked off the Spurs with Ginobili.

P.S. you forgot to mention the 2008 playoffs (4-1). :lol

DesignatedT
07-13-2009, 02:11 PM
The Mavs are a fucking joke period

They have never won shit... 4>0

and its almost as beating the spurs makes there season a success....... thats something to be proud of.... fucking embarrassing. what a joke.

rayray2k8
07-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Oh god, here we go with the Mavs took out the spurs last year talk and the 4 rings faggot! :lol
That is soo 2006. You're better than that spurs fans. Mav fans are satisfied with just beating the spurs, while the spurs aim much higher.
Like championships for example.
As long as Cuban remains owner of the Mavricks, they will never and I mean NEVER win a championship.
Call it the "rayray" curse if you'd like. :lol

DesignatedT
07-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Jason Terry is a joke as well who hasnt done shit in his career. id be pissed if i were him also.

i swear mavs players,fans and even there owner would take beating the spurs over a chance at playing for the nba championship every year.... its fucking hilarious. there an embarrassment to this league and to texas. even the rockets can win more than that garbage team.

MWILL
07-13-2009, 02:18 PM
The Mavs are a fucking joke period

They have never won shit... 4>0

and its almost as beating the spurs makes there season a success....... thats something to be proud of.... fucking embarrassing. what a joke.

I see what you are saying, but this topic is not about who has the most trophies and so on.

It's about head to head, Mavs vs Spurs, who's beating who right now. That's all.

elbamba
07-13-2009, 02:19 PM
How can anyone with a brain say that Gorat with his 3 ppg average is better then Dice? He is younger if that makes you feel better.

Dallas threw a lot of money at a waste of a center once before, Dampier...how is that 70million investment treating you?

Shank
07-13-2009, 02:19 PM
7 pages about a guy and a team supposedly no one gives a shit about.

word
07-13-2009, 02:21 PM
link? proof?

denver

lots of etc's in that comment.

DesignatedT
07-13-2009, 02:22 PM
I see what you are saying, but this topic is not about who has the most trophies and so on.

It's about head to head, Mavs vs Spurs, who's beating who right now. That's all.

On this board its always about the trophy.... thats what we aim for and thats what we expect year in and year out... i understand your not used to that.

:lobt2:

Duncan2177
07-13-2009, 02:22 PM
I just don't get the feeling that the Spurs are scared of Gortat, and Marion isn't a savior. He's pretty inconsistent on offense, can't create his own shot, and isn't as quick as he used to be.

He has already proven in past suns-spurs matchups that he can't guard Manu. I can see him maybe guarding Parker, but then you have Kidd or Barea on Manu or RJ? When the Suns did that, they had Nash guard Bowen... not the case this year with RJ out there.

There are going to be very few teams that will be able to matchup with the Spurs at the end of the half and the end of the 4th quarter when the lineup of Parker, Manu, Jefferson, Duncan, and McDyess is out there.

I don't understand how Mavs fans can stand on this past season's victory over the Spurs when Manu was out.

And also, the mavs lost Bass. Outside of Dampier, he was the only rebounder they had. What will the mavs do when Duncan puts Damp in foul trouble?

Talent wise.... this is the best team the Spurs have ever had. The players on the team know this, and Pop will have them ready. I hope Manu stays healthy all year so fans of teams like the Mavs and Lakers can be reminded of how much better we are with him playing at 100%.

spurtech09
07-13-2009, 02:26 PM
jason terry is just trying to be confident...but come on who is he kidding the spurs are a much better team with td...tp...manu...dice...rich....blair

MWILL
07-13-2009, 02:29 PM
On this board its always about the more trophy.... thats what we aim for and thats what we expect year in and year out... i understand your not used to that.

:lobt2:

One day we will.

Til then get used to getting knocked out by the Mavs. Preventing those championships you covet. :eyebrows

dtk
This is fun reading:

Gortat sucks... but the Mavs aren't going to get him anyway.

Marion is old... but McDyess is a proven veteran.

Jeferson and McDyess put up better numbers than Marion and Gortat last year... but it doesn't matter that the Mavericks won 4-1 last year.

did I miss anything?

Spursfan092120
lmao @ the hypocrite..dude..you were talking all kinds of trash last year about the Lakers being the best team, when you hadn't won a title in 9 years...so where was that analogy last year, douchebag?

Spursfan092120
07-13-2009, 02:33 PM
This is fun reading:

Jeferson and McDyess put up better numbers than Marion and Gortat last year... but it doesn't matter that the Mavericks won 4-1 last year.

did I miss anything?
First off, I wouldn't say Gortat sucks..but the truth is, He was our plan C, and we all know who's front office is better when it comes to the Spurs and Mavs.

Marion isn't old, he just chokes against the Spurs...constantly.

No..it doesn't matter that the Mavs won 4-1 last year, because you're forgetting about a guy by the name of Manu Ginobili, and the other half of Tim Duncan...he was injured last year, and played through it. But yes..Jefferson and McDyess did do a lot better than Marion and Gortat as well..thanks for pointing that out. :toast

HORNSWOGGLE
07-13-2009, 02:34 PM
This is fun reading:

did I miss anything?

yeah the mavs are chokers :lol

HORNSWOGGLE
07-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Dr House needs to stop jerking off to lakers championship videos

djohn2oo8
07-13-2009, 02:38 PM
One day we will.

Til then get used to getting knocked out by the Mavs. Preventing those championships you covet. :eyebrows

You brag about getting knocked out of the playoffs in order to prevent the Spurs from winning another ring??? Now I've heard it all

Spurs_210
07-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Why anyone is even bothering... Who the fuck cares what Mav fans say? At the end of the day all they have is we made it past the first round. They don't give trophies for that.

MWILL
07-13-2009, 02:46 PM
You brag about getting knocked out of the playoffs in order to prevent the Spurs from winning another ring??? Now I've heard it all

Please, read my post again. Your twisting my words. BTW, you must work for ESPN. :lol

sprrs
07-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Mavs aren't getting Gortat now anyway:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131163

beachwood
07-13-2009, 02:54 PM
The Mavs just beat us to a pulp this past year. Let them talk all they want. As good as we think our off season has been, nothing has been proven.

ZB 512
07-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Mavs aren't getting Gortat now anyway:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131163

he sucked when he was going to sign with Dallas right...now, I guess Gortat is great? :lol

sprrs
07-13-2009, 03:10 PM
If I were a Mavs fan I would be pissed that the Magic stole their chance at getting the next Wilt Chamberlain.

in2deep
07-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Cuban gonna have to look somewhere else for his 16/10 guy :lol

ZB 512
07-13-2009, 03:29 PM
If I were a Mavs fan I would be pissed that the Magic stole their chance at getting the next Wilt Chamberlain.

I know :bang

although, I think he is more like Bill Russel than Wilt

bishopospurs
07-13-2009, 03:38 PM
We lost to the Mavs, so what? Mavs didn't win the championship either. As objectively as possible looking at the rosters I would rather have this Spurs team going into this season. If Jason Terry feels like talking then let him talk. He does have a rather large head, maybe he needs to release a few thoughts to prevent from reaching critical mass.

MWILL
07-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I know :bang

although, I think he is more like Bill Russel than Wilt

That was a big blow.

I wish a shitty season for the Magic.

urunobili
07-13-2009, 03:44 PM
What is the only way that punk gets some notoriety?

Yes, You're right my friend! Speaking about the Spurs...
Ringless cheapshot fuck can die already...

poeticism707
07-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm curious, since this obviously hasn't been brought up, but what about this math...

Gortat - Bass < McDyess + Blair - Thomas

Bass was a serious Spur killer at times. It amazing how you simply glaze over his loss like it's nothing. Thomas and Oberto were ineffective much of the season. So essentially swapping Thomas/Oberto for McDyess/Blair is an incredible gain. How much are you really gaining by swapping an already proven player in Bass for an unproven in Gortat (if you land him at all).

Likewise, Marion put up his worst numbers since his rookie season in his time with the Raptors and Heat. Since leaving the gimmick offense of PHX hes come back down to earth a bit. Plus, hes going to be 32 this next season. And for a player that relies almost entirely on athleticism, according the logic so often applied to the Spurs, you'd have to be worried.

Your math is weak.
:toast

MWILL
07-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Well Spur fans, If there is something to fear it would have to be going against Dampier in a contract season. Players in his situation happen to play better.

bishopospurs
07-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Well Spur fans, If there is something to fear it would have to be going against Dampier in a contract season. Players in his situation happen to play better.
You put the word "fear" and Dampier in the same sentence. Doesn't that invoke some kind of posting ban for a day?

DesignatedT
07-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Fear Erika? hahahahahaha

just end the thread now.

NickiRasgo
07-13-2009, 04:11 PM
How about Denver Nuggets? Nuggets pwned the Mavs. :lol

FkLA
07-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Mavs fans, u guys are retarded if u fail to realize that Manu being out had alot to do with last years loss...it was basically Duncan&Parker vs Mavs. Add the fact that Duncan was playing hurt and there's not much to brag about. Jefferson, Mcdyess, Manu, and a healthy Duncan is a huge upgrade and the Mavs stand no chance.

I'll give the Mavs the 06' series, u guys were actually legit contenders back than...too bad u choked it away after leading 2-0 and by 10+ points going into the fourth quarter of Game 3 in the Finals. Than followed that up with a 67 win season and a first round exit to the 8th seeded Warriors. Since than noone has taken the Mavs seriously, and this Marion trade is just a sorry attempt by Cuban to keep the Mavs noticable.

Ask the Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, Magic, Nuggets or any other serious contender who they fear more...I guarantee u all of them will say the Spurs. We've been there and won it all, wtf have the Mavs done to deserve any respect?

Ryvin1
07-13-2009, 04:13 PM

I think the only true statement with fear and Dampier would be:

I fear Dampier will eat all the doughnuts.

bigfan
07-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey that Gortat offer was really sharp, wasnt it???? :)

koriwhat
07-13-2009, 04:18 PM
link? proof?

you forgot denver! :toast

buttsR4rebounding
07-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Marion > Jefferson

[b]Gortat > McDyess[/]

Maybe or maybe not, but since the Magic matched him today it's not going to help the Mavs much....:lmao

SenorSpur
07-13-2009, 04:21 PM
I just don't get the feeling that the Spurs are scared of Gortat, and Marion isn't a savior.

And now the Spurs don't have to worry about him at all. Looks like the Magic bent the Mavs over.

As usual, ol' Turtlehead spoke out too soon and counted his chickens before they were hatched. Just like in 2006 when he and his Mavs buddies were down on South Beach partying and celebrating their premature championship. Meanwhile, the "powers that be" back home, were planning a parade. :lol

Sean Cagney
07-13-2009, 04:27 PM
LOL one more reason for me to hate this little fa*ggot Eugene Ferry.

FkLA
07-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Mavs fans are retards.

So winning a series without Manu and with a hobbled Duncan is worth bragging about? Lets be real that whole series was basically Parker+Duncan vs Mavs, and alot of the games were still very close. Add Jefferson and McDyes and get a rested and healthy Manu and Duncan back and the Mavs stand no chance despite what that big-foreheaded spotlight queen says.

I'll give the Mavs the 06' win, they were actually legit back than...but lets not forget that they were a boneheaded Manu play away from choking a 3-1 lead and in the end still ended up choking against the Heat in the Finals. Up 2-0 and by 10+ points going into the 4th quarter of Game 3 and still manage to lose. Follow that up with a 67 win season and a first round exit at the hands of the 8th seeded Warriors. LOL.

Noone takes these guys series anymore, and the Marion trade is simply a weak attempt by Cuban to keep the Mavs noticable.Ask the last two NBA Champions and any other serious contenders who they fear more, Spurs or Mavs. Every single one of them will say the Spurs...we have been there and won it all. What exactly have the Mavs done to deserve any respect?

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Yeah...nevermind that Tony Parker proved that not one player on that team could stop him.

DrHouse
07-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Spur fan is starting to sound like Rocket fan....

"If we were healthy we WOULDA won!"

Injuries are a part of the game, and it's no surprise that the Spurs have had a lot of them lately. They are simply getting older and their bodies aren't holding up to the rigors of a deep regular season and post season run.

Stop hiding behind the injury excuse card. You can't pull that one out 2 years straight.

rayray2k8
07-13-2009, 04:50 PM

Injuries are a part of the game, and it's no surprise that the Spurs have had a lot of them lately. They are simply getting older and their bodies aren't holding up to the rigors of a deep regular season and post season run.

Stop hiding behind the injury excuse card. You can't pull that one out 2 years straight.

What the fuck?? Are you retarded?? Never mind, stupid question. :lol
That's like saying, "If the Pistons didn't play so hard, we would have won in 2004". :(
Faker!

FkLA
07-13-2009, 04:56 PM

Injuries are part of the game and surviving them is part of the ride, no doubt. But bragging about beating a banged up team and than proclaiming ownage over that team is just retarded. A healthy Spurs team along with the new additions will destroy the Mavs.

Also arent Lakers the same cats that would complain about Ariza and Bynum being hurt against Boston in 08'? Or Malone against the Pistons in 04'? Or about scrubs like Rick mothafuckin Fox and Devean George being out (03-05) when the Spurs were dominating?

Muser
07-13-2009, 04:57 PM

This thread is about the JET, not Spurs injuries. Please stay on topic.

ElNono
07-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Orlando matches Gortat offer

karma is a bitch, Jason

Chillen
07-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Terry where is your NBA championship ring?, say what you want. Until you win a ring, beating the Spurs doesn't count.

FireDavidStern
07-13-2009, 05:09 PM
How do the Mavs match up with the Spurs at all? Here are the best 5 for the Mavs

PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Jason Terry
SF - Josh Howard
PF - Shawn Marion
C - Dirk Nowitzki

That looks like a lineup D'Antoni or Nelson would love and not like the type of defensive match-up that would cause the spurs problems. The only problem i can think of is if Pop decides to go small ball.

WildcardManu
07-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Orlando matches Gortat offer

karma is a bitch, Jason

ROFL just read it on espn and remembered this thread from the morning. BURN!!!

Spurs_210
07-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Injuries are part of the game and surviving them is part of the ride, no doubt. But bragging about beating a banged up team and than proclaiming ownage over that team is just retarded. A healthy Spurs team along with the new additions will destroy the Mavs.

Also arent Lakers the same cats that would complain about Ariza and Bynum being hurt against Boston in 08'? Or Malone against the Pistons in 04'? Or about scrubs like Rick mothafuckin Fox and Devean George being out (03-05) when the Spurs were dominating?
Yes there were many excuses after the Boston series but you see House wasn't a Laker fan at the time he recently jumped on the bandwagon.

mytespurs
07-13-2009, 05:18 PM

That's true...injury are part of the game. But some have very short memories.

I seem to recall the "If Bynum and Ariza were healthy, we would've beaten Boston" after the 2008 championship and that was just a year ago. But of course your team won this year so those excuses of a year ago will be conveniently forgotten.

Oh well....it just shows how Spurs & Lakers have so much in common than they think.............

MWILL
07-13-2009, 05:19 PM
What the fuck?? Are you retarded?? Never mind, stupid question. :lol
That's like saying, "If the Pistons didn't play so hard, we would have won in 2004". :(
Faker!

What da Fuck!

You just bitched about someone bringing up old shit. Now your bringing up old shit. Pot meet Kettle.

poeticism707
07-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Yes there were many excuses after the Boston series but you see House wasn't a Laker fan at the time he recently jumped on the bandwagon.

What team did our resident doctor(house) formerly support?!?!?!?!?

DxB
07-13-2009, 05:24 PM
To all maverick fans: WAT THE FUCK CAN U POSSIBLY BE BRAGGING ABOUT?

You have no rings, and you have put together THE WORST 4 finals games ive seen against miami... and followed it up with an ass whooping from baron davis.

You guys are just SO FUCKING IRRELEVANT.

Spurs bitch... admire and acknowledge it...respect THIS conglomerate!

ZB 512
07-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Mavs fans, u guys are retarded if u fail to realize that Manu being out had alot to do with last years loss...it was basically Duncan&Parker vs Mavs. Add the fact that Duncan was playing hurt and there's not much to brag about. Jefferson, Mcdyess, Manu, and a healthy Duncan is a huge upgrade and the Mavs stand no chance.

I'll give the Mavs the 06' series, u guys were actually legit contenders back than...too bad u choked it away after leading 2-0 and by 10+ points going into the fourth quarter of Game 3 in the Finals. Than followed that up with a 67 win season and a first round exit to the 8th seeded Warriors. Since than noone has taken the Mavs seriously, and this Marion trade is just a sorry attempt by Cuban to keep the Mavs noticable.

Ask the Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, Magic, Nuggets or any other serious contender who they fear more...I guarantee u all of them will say the Spurs. We've been there and won it all, wtf have the Mavs done to deserve any respect?

you think Mavs fans want to hear your chicken **** injury excuses when Dallas had to fight through injuries all season long? You think San Antonio is the only team in the league that has had injuries? What a joke

It's amazing how many Spurs fans complain and make excuses every chance they get. You wouldnt think that would be the case considering how successful the organization has been. You dont hear the Patriots whining and making so many excuses

FireDavidStern
07-13-2009, 05:25 PM

Injuries are part of the game, but so is recovering from them. The big reason people keep bringing up Manu's and Tim's injuries is because they are expected to be healthy next year. And talking about going to next year that makes offseason for the Spurs to be

2009 Spurs + Manu + other half of Duncan + Jefferson + McDyess + Blair +
random players to fill out roster - Oberto - Thomas - Bowen - Vaughn.

How those that not make them better than the Mavs and put them in very strong contention to unseat the Lakers at the top of the league.

Spursmania
07-13-2009, 05:27 PM
And now the Spurs don't have to worry about him at all. Looks like the Magic bent the Mavs over.

As usual, ol' Turtlehead spoke out too soon and counted his chickens before they were hatched. Just like in 2006 when he and his Mavs buddies were down on South Beach partying and celebrating their premature championship. Meanwhile, the "powers that be" back home, were planning a parade. :lol

Classic:toast

MWILL
07-13-2009, 05:30 PM
To all maverick fans: WAT THE FUCK CAN U POSSIBLY BE BRAGGING ABOUT?

You have no rings, and you have put together THE WORST 4 finals games ive seen against miami... and followed it up with an ass whooping from baron davis.

You guys are just SO FUCKING IRRELEVANT.

Spurs bitch... admire and acknowledge it...respect THIS conglomerate!

Please stop it! Your hurting my feelings. :whine :lol :lmao

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 05:31 PM
B-b-b-but if Bynum and Ariza were healthy!!! :cry :cry :cry

Muser
07-13-2009, 05:32 PM
I think the whole Dallas franchise is just one big premature ejaculation.

FkLA
07-13-2009, 05:36 PM
you think Mavs fans want to hear your chicken **** injury excuses when Dallas had to fight through injuries all season long? You think San Antonio is the only team in the league that has had injuries? What a joke

It's amazing how many Spurs fans complain and make excuses every chance they get. You wouldnt think that would be the case considering how successful the organization has been. You dont hear the Patriots whining and making so many excuses

Im not using it as an excuse, injuries are part of the game and surviving them is part of the ride...all Im saying is beating a banged up team is nothing to brag about. A healthy Spurs team this upcoming season+the new additions and Mavs have no shot this yr.But whatever if u want to make a big deal out of that series than whatever...you beat us, congrats on your first round championship homie.

Mavs are done and irrelevant, they were legit in 06' and 07' but managed to choke that away. Noone takes them seriously anymore.

spursnatic
07-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Marion > Jefferson

Gortat > McDyess

Manu would have just extended the series to 6 last year (Mavs still winning)Well word on the street, Orlando matched Dallas' offer today...So looks like your going to have to find someone else to match up with McDyess?...Plus Gortat aint shit anyways...

z0sa
07-13-2009, 05:38 PM
ghazi couldn't be more wrong nor any littler of a little bitch

JGrice02
07-13-2009, 05:46 PM
I am surprised that Orlando matched but it does tell me they think higher of Gortat than everyone realized. Like I said earlier, the only team that knows the true value of Gortat was Orlando. The fact that they are keeping him tells me they are very high on his future.

This sucks for the Mavs -- losing out on both Gortat and Bass. I wonder if the Knicks are willing to do a sign-and-trade of David Lee for Erica Dampier. That seems like the best option for Dallas at this point though I doubt NY is willing to part with Lee. It would give them extra cap room for next season but they would be giving away a really good post player...

DrHouse
07-13-2009, 05:47 PM
That's true...injury are part of the game. But some have very short memories.

I seem to recall the "If Bynum and Ariza were healthy, we would've beaten Boston" after the 2008 championship and that was just a year ago. But of course your team won this year so those excuses of a year ago will be conveniently forgotten.

Oh well....it just shows how Spurs & Lakers have so much in common than they think.............

Nope, the majority of Laker fans admitted that we simply lost fair and square to a better team.

Spur fans by and large refuse to ever admit their team lost fair and square. It's always injuries, the refs, David Stern, or some outside conspiracy.

Muser
07-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Nope, the majority of Laker fans admitted that we simply lost fair and square to a better team.

Spur fans by and large refuse to ever admit their team lost fair and square. It's always injuries, the refs, David Stern, or some outside conspiracy.

For once I will agree with you, many fans do need to man up and accept defeat.

FkLA
07-13-2009, 05:56 PM
The majority of LA fans admit defeat? lol

Good one.

DrHouse
07-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Laker fans have seen their fair share of championships. We know when our teams are just not good enough. There is no shame in admitting that.

The Lakers needed to get tougher, both mentally and physically. Having two key role players back healthy also helped, but IMHO the biggest difference between the '08 and '09 teams was entirely mental.

mystargtr34
07-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Laker fans have seen their fair share of championships. We know when our teams are just not good enough. There is no shame in admitting that.

The Lakers needed to get tougher, both mentally and physically. Having two key role players back healthy also helped, but IMHO the biggest difference between the '08 and '09 teams was entirely mental.

No, it was Kevin Garnett.

mystargtr34
07-13-2009, 06:27 PM
My normal response would be,

"What is he supose to say that other teams are better when they consider themselves a contender".

But then he went on to say the Lakers and the Hornets are better than the Mavs :lol.

Only thing i can think of is that hes never heard of Manu Ginobili, Richard Jefferson, Antonio McDyess and Dejaun Blair.

symple19
07-13-2009, 06:41 PM

+100000000000000 Maybe the best post I've ever seen

all_heart
07-13-2009, 07:02 PM
expect the Mavs to hit the panic button any second now..

DrHouse
07-13-2009, 07:15 PM
No, it was Kevin Garnett.

Lakers 2-0 vs. Celtics in the regular season AND they would have had HCA.

Boston would have never made it past CLE anyways so it's a moot point. Remember a far worse CLE team took the Celtics to 7 games despite the Celtics having HCA.

mytespurs
07-13-2009, 07:15 PM

For every Spur fan who uses "excuses", there are Spurs fans who do admit the better team won. Just as for every group of Laker fans who will admit the better team won in 2008, there were those who claimed it wasn't a true championship and the better team didn't win because Bynum nor Ariza played....the "if we had Bynum, if we had Ariza". I've read it and heard it from some laker fans here, there, everywhere.

So the "injury excuses" argument runs in both directions; it's not a one sided argument and it shouldn't be painted that way.

underdawg
07-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Lakers 2-0 vs. Celtics in the regular season AND they would have had HCA.

Boston would have never made it past CLE anyways so it's a moot point. Remember a far worse CLE team took the Celtics to 7 games despite the Celtics having HCA.

so a crappy Celtics team beat the crap out of the Lakers?

JGrice02
07-13-2009, 07:55 PM
so a crappy Celtics team beat the crap out of the Lakers?

Yeah, and an even crappier Cavs team would have beaten the crap out of the Lakers too...

Spurs_210
07-13-2009, 07:58 PM
For every Spur fan who uses "excuses", there are Spurs fans who do admit the better team won. Just as for every group of Laker fans who will admit the better team won in 2008, there were those who claimed it wasn't a true championship and the better team didn't win because Bynum nor Ariza played....the "if we had Bynum, if we had Ariza". I've read it and heard it from some laker fans here, there, everywhere.

So the "injury excuses" argument runs in both directions; it's not a one sided argument and it shouldn't be painted that way.
He knows he's full of shit... There were many excuses of how Bynum "would've" won the series. Funny how House tries to make it seem like Laker fans are not the douches they are. Yes I know not all Laker fans are homers and douches like him but there many of them. Not saying there aren't many dumbass Spurs fans cause there are. Just there are many more Laker douches.

sabar
07-13-2009, 08:01 PM

Most lakerfans haven't been alive to see most of their championships, bad point.

Truth is, lakerfan is hated everywhere and accepting defeat is just a PR move.

ffadicted
07-13-2009, 08:30 PM
What's with this fucking stupid Gortat and his 3.8PPG hype. Barely over 10 MPG and every is jizzing all over him. I can't believe he's getting the MLE lol

Also lol @ Orlando matching

Spurm
07-14-2009, 02:48 AM

They did Beat you fucking asses 4-1 ...

dimwits!

FkLA
07-14-2009, 02:52 AM
They did Beat you fucking asses 4-1 ...

dimwits!

Some important pieces have been added and others will return from injuries. This isnt the same team as last years dimwit!

Spurm
07-14-2009, 03:05 AM
Sorry spurm boy...

But The Mavs are Indeed better than your pathetic team....

Do you realize your horrendous club have been ousted twice in a row by the hapless Mavs??

Your team is the Mavs ' little bitch...plain and simple...
Blame it on the injuries...blame it on whatever...refs...you sorry whining bitches need to accept the truth