PDA

View Full Version : no blog of the game blog (day 2)

Cant_Be_Faded
04-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Opening Topic:

Tony Parker is a better player now (judging by his recent games without Tim) than he was at this time a year ago (when they were starting to discuss his maturation as a floor general/leader)
true or false?

ShoogarBear
04-05-2005, 09:42 PM
He's definitely a better player, if only because of his defense, but his ability to get to the basket is right now unmatched in the league.

The thing on the back of everyone's minds is, will he fade in the playoffs like he has the past two years (and, in parallel, like his tendency is in the fourth quarters).

Closing games, free throws, and jump shot are his only holes. Even just a mediocre jump shot would make a huge difference at this point.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-05-2005, 09:49 PM
I refuse to admit Tony Parker fades in the playoffs. Inconsistent, maybe, fades? No.

The guy played like a basketball god down the stretch last season, every 4 games of the memphis series, and the first 2 games of the lakers series.
It wasn't until the laker defense backed off of everyone on the team that everyone faded in the playoffs, not just tony, and that was the fault of coaching and the team as a whole.

And in 2003, young Tony was having trouble nailing his layups (he did the entire season) but he was alot more quick to take and make the 3. I don't think he truely faded until the finals, but when that happened it didnt matter cuz we were playing the nets, lol.

Now fading in the fourth quarters is a problem, i think. Is it possible for a player to just not be able to push their conditioning any further?

mookie2001
04-06-2005, 02:49 AM
tony is the mack
and when he returns it will be like mark morrison return of the mack
the favorite song of matt sumbera
who owns a masters degree from Texas A&M University, and was a former manager of a colonge store in San Antonio