PDA

View Full Version : Release McClinton

phxspurfan
07-13-2009, 06:24 PM
There are much better options out there. Like Sefolosha.

DBMethos
07-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Because 1 game means everything, and we could get Thabo for the same price tag, AMIRITE???

kbrury
McClinton is on the roster?...

Tully365
After one summer league game?

People were saying the same thing about Hill after a few games last summer. Have a little bit of patience.

phxspurfan
07-13-2009, 06:29 PM

People were saying the same thing about Hill after a few games last summer. Have a little bit of patience.

Difference is Hill was our 1st pick of that draft, has size and was our only option at backup PG (none of that Vaughn crap plz). Jack won't do Jack but Jack up shots. Trajan Langdon deux here.

DAF86
07-13-2009, 06:30 PM

What happened?

phxspurfan
07-13-2009, 06:32 PM
What happened?

He showed he has no bit of PG in him, and is too small to do anything on D against SGs. Where do you hide 1/5th of your lineup? It's not slow pitch softball.

Bruno
07-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Sefolosha isn't available.

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Uh, he was the 53rd pick or whatever. He isn't on the team. No roster spot.

phxspurfan
07-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Then go trade for Belinelli...

phxspurfan
07-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Uh, he was the 53rd pick or whatever. He isn't on the team. No roster spot.

I know whatever we're wasting our time with him. I'd take Gee over him.

DAF86
07-13-2009, 06:38 PM
He showed he has no bit of PG in him, and is too small to do anything on D against SGs. Where do you hide 1/5th of your lineup? It's not slow pitch softball.

He could play SG and still guard the PG position, when Manu's on court without Tony he's the real PG. And he could also play with Hill, beign George the one to guard the 2.

From what I saw McClinton could become the best shooter on our team, I think we should give him time.

P/S: I would like to know the game's score and stats.

symple19
Damn, sure wish you were running the FO phxspurfan, then we'd be SURE to win a title... -sigh-

HarlemHeat37
Wasting what "time"?..he's a Summer League player..

nbaman99
some of u guys r stupid for suggesting to release this guy after one game. what would of happened if we release hill after that poor start. if he fail after all the treading deadline i understand but we need to give this guy a chance ti prove. we lost lot of good guys just because we didn't gave them a chance to prove.

mystargtr34
07-13-2009, 06:39 PM
The Spurs didnt draft him to turn him into a PG. When hes on the floor there will always be one of Parker, Hill or Manu on the floor with him.

The guy will make his living on getting open 3 point shots from big name players like Duncan, Parker, Manu and Jefferson driving and attracting double teams and collapsing defenses. In summer league, its a different story.

Darkwaters
07-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Talk about premature ejaculation.

phxspurfan
07-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Damn, sure wish you were running the FO phxspurfan, then we'd be SURE to win a title... -sigh-

Well I damn sure would bring back Bowen with a roster spot. So yeah that alone would win us another 'ship.

Taking it to the Hole

Since when is he a point guard??? You can't determine a players' worth or potential based off of 1 summer league game. :nope
That is what you call asinine.:rolleyes

phxspurfan
some of u guys r stupid for suggesting to release this guy after one game. what would of happened if we release hill after that poor start. if he fail after all the treading deadline i understand but we need to give this guy a chance ti prove. we lost lot of good guys just because we didn't gave them a chance to prove.

Point me to the Release Hill thread. Oh wait.

urunobili
07-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Difference is Hill was our 1st pick of that draft, has size and was our only option at backup PG (none of that Vaughn crap plz). Jack won't do Jack but Jack up shots. Trajan Langdon deux here.

You don't sound like a Spurs fan dude... STFU a little... it'll serve you well... give the guy at least the FULL summer league before opening this lame thread... don't be an asshole and try to support the kid...

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 06:45 PM
I know whatever we're wasting our time with him. I'd take Gee over him.

Yeah, and I'm sure you would've picked Giricek over Ginobili too. :rolleyes

Give the kid a chance.

phxspurfan
07-13-2009, 06:46 PM
The Spurs didnt draft him to turn him into a PG. When hes on the floor there will always be one of Parker, Hill or Manu on the floor with him.

The guy will make his living on getting open 3 point shots from big name players like Duncan, Parker, Manu and Jefferson driving and attracting double teams and collapsing defenses. In summer league, its a different story.

So you're cool with turning a 6 foot chucker into a SG? How many of those are keepers in the NBA? Hell, even AI is begging the Grizz to give him a deal.

Short guys are PGs in the NBA. And marginal ones at that. If you want to compete with teams that are for real, your PG has to be

a. Fast as hell (a la TP, Barbosa, Paul)
b. Strong and can shoot (any Phil Jackson PG, DWill, Andre Miller, Billups)
c. Lanky or 6'3" and above and quick (Rondo, Devin Harris, that kid from GS who likes mopeds)

Tiny guys don't have a chance in the new NBA. Ask Earl Boykins and Nate Robinson when NY gets tired of him.

phxspurfan
07-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah, and I'm sure you would've picked Giricek over Ginobili too. :rolleyes

Give the kid a chance.

I'm not discounting the entire FO with this one decision. I'm just saying there are better options and it's clear already.

Darkwaters
07-13-2009, 06:48 PM
So you're cool with turning a 6 foot chucker into a SG? How many of those are keepers in the NBA? Hell, even AI is begging the Grizz to give him a deal.

I think it's more because hes a cancerous whore and not because hes short.

phxspurfan
07-13-2009, 06:49 PM
I think it's more because hes a cancerous whore and not because hes short.

Sure, I agree. Also because everyone tries to turn him into a PG at some point and fails.

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Why is it clear already? Did you forget how awful George Hill was in the SL last year?

anjlbitz
07-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Of course there are other options. But could you get them?

Darkwaters
07-13-2009, 06:53 PM
I think he spends the year in Europe anyways. So don't worry.

benefactor
07-13-2009, 06:54 PM
George Hill July 2008 Forum.

Rob123
07-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Sure, I agree. Also because everyone tries to turn him into a PG at some point and fails.

you're right, we should stop wasting time on this kid we gave him 10 minutes to show us he was better then kobe and he failed quite simply.

phxspurfan
07-13-2009, 06:57 PM
George Hill July 2008 Forum.

Why is it clear already? Did you forget how awful George Hill was in the SL last year?

Why is everyone comparing him to Hill? He's not a PG prospect. He's an undersized SG prospect.

Undersized SG shooter value << NBA sized PG value

all_heart
07-13-2009, 06:57 PM
chill dude, it's one game, hell there's a good chance he could end up in Austin this year..
what are you gonna say if he shoots 7-9 next game?

benefactor
07-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Why is everyone comparing him to Hill? He's not a PG prospect. He's an undersized SG prospect.

Undersized SG shooter value << NBA sized PG value
He is a 50's pick and has only played one game. If he sucks throughout the rest of the SL and camp you will get your wish.

I swear, Spurs fans aren't satisfied unless every player on the team is an All-Star.

phxspurfan
07-13-2009, 07:00 PM

you're right, we should stop wasting time on this kid we gave him 10 minutes to show us he was better then kobe and he failed quite simply.

That was an AI reference...read the full quote before attacking it.

And nowhere did anyone say he was supposed to be Kobe. Even if he shot 4/4, he's still a SG in a PG's body.

Ryvin1
07-13-2009, 07:02 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/18/70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpg

FireDavidStern
07-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Why the hell would they release him now? He's only here for summer league and prob an invite to training camp. If he makes the roster its because the Spurs, who are much better than you at judging talent, have seen something worthwhile in him. And there are not much better options for a 14th or 15th player which is what McClinton would be this year. If he makes the roster, a big if for a late 2nd rounder, then its not for what he could do this year but rather for what he can do in the future.

iilluzioN
07-13-2009, 07:19 PM
BAN this idiot. lol

Kori Ellis
07-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Release him from what? He's not on any kind of guaranteed contract.

ducks
07-13-2009, 07:38 PM

stash him in euro for a year
chill

timvp
07-13-2009, 07:47 PM
:lmao

I love the meltdowns after the first game of summer league. They happen every year like clockwork.

This latest one is pretty special, though. A late second round draft pick that statistically has a 2% chance of making it based on his draft position should be released after 15 minutes of summer league action from a non-existent roster spot to go after a player that isn't available?

Love it.

Solid D
07-13-2009, 07:51 PM
:lol There are enough level heads in here to crush these threads like an underhand lob to Pujols in Williamsport.

DespЏrado
07-13-2009, 07:53 PM
I may hate Ian but at least I have a few facts on my side to back it up, and I still want the Spurs to at least give him 6-12 months to turn himself around. Jack hasn't even dripped sweat on the court much less learned the names of his team mates.

Some time give it to him, and please kindly STFU until then. The fat lady hasn't even glanced at the roster at this point, so singing her tune ain't even an option yet.

Shastafarian
07-13-2009, 07:55 PM
:lmao

I love the meltdowns after the first game of summer league. They happen every year like clockwork.

This latest one is pretty special, though. A late second round draft pick that statistically has a 2% chance of making it based on his draft position should be released after 15 minutes of summer league action from a non-existent roster spot to go after a player that isn't available?

Love it.

You forgot, "because even Allen Iverson is having trouble finding a team after having a HALL-OF-FAME career."

OP is full of suck.

Calavera
07-13-2009, 08:06 PM
mcclinton is like eddy house type of player, if he can get to play shooting point guard or something like that (gets the ball up front and let the SG or someone with better passing ability decides how the attack will go) he could make the roster, maybe not this year, maybe not this team, but give him a chance.
And maybe he will grow up a little, hope dies last :)

Ace9
07-13-2009, 08:28 PM
:rollin ...wait you're not kidding?

samikeyp
07-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Damn! Usually the "trade/release (insert player name here)" happens after regular season games!! :lol

Interrohater
07-13-2009, 08:36 PM
some of u guys r stupid for saying "some of u guys". One guy created the post and nobody here is defending him.

Nathan Explosion
07-13-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm sure anyone saw the thread here where Duncan had a terrible first game in summer league.

Damn, think how great this team would have been had we cut that guy and replaced him with someone else. We could have like 10 titles by now.

Shastafarian
07-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Release Duncan

"There are much better options out there. Like Corliss Williamson."

SouthTexasRancher
07-13-2009, 08:52 PM

Hell, why not trade him for Kobe & Artest? One game and you hit the panic button? At least let him play through the SL. From R.C.'s point of view McClinton is one hell of a defender and can pop jumpers like there is no tomorrrow.

Awww hell, you're right. Let me get Phil & Dr. Buss on the line and lets make the trade for Kobe & Artest! A hell of a deal......

SouthTexasRancher
07-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Release Duncan

"There are much better options out there. Like Corliss Williamson."

Throw Parker in on the deal. Maybe we can revive Ostertag since he supposedly out-played Duncan in his first SL game.

spurs opsman
07-13-2009, 08:54 PM
:bangTake it easy...step back from the ledge! It's the first summer league game.

SouthTexasRancher
07-13-2009, 08:58 PM

phxspurfan...have you NOT seen any of the R.C. video's or read any of the news articles concerning R.C.'s view on McClinton? R.C. emphatically told the press that Jace was NOT, a PG...no way - no how!

Have you considered taking up Badmitton or Tiddley Winks? You seem very up-tight.

mattyc
07-13-2009, 09:00 PM
What a strangely alarmist reactive thread.

SouthTexasRancher
07-13-2009, 09:01 PM
You don't sound like a Spurs fan dude... STFU a little... it'll serve you well... give the guy at least the FULL summer league before opening this lame thread... don't be an asshole and try to support the kid...

He's a frustrated little Phoenix Suns fan. His panties are all waded up because so many teams became so much better and his team has gone backwards.

ElNono
07-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Release phxspurfan

TDMVPDPOY
07-13-2009, 10:30 PM
seems like NVE all over again...

angelbelow
07-13-2009, 10:31 PM
There is no point in releasing a player that we are not paying. Lets see how he pans out first.

peskypesky
07-13-2009, 10:34 PM
i know it's only one game, but it proved exactly what i predicted. he's not a PG and he's too short to get his shot off as a 2. this is very unfortunate, and i hope the next few games will prove me wrong, but i doubt it.

nbaman99
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
When Tim Duncan played in his first summer league he was far from impressive, getting outplayed by Greg Ostertag and thoroughly dominated by Jermaine O'Neal. That was 12 years ago and since then all Duncan has done is win four championships and establish himself as the best power forward to ever play the game

may be we should of release timmy boy just because he didn't do good on his summer league games. players always panic because its a huge thing in there lives so we cant beat them just because he didn't do good on one game. don't post stupid threads like this anymore without thinking twice.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Lloyd Daniels is the greatest summer league player of all time.

/thread

Spursmania
07-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Valium anybody?

Flux451
07-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Smithers, release the hounds

Dunc n Dave
07-14-2009, 12:21 AM

Short guys are PGs in the NBA. And marginal ones at that. If you want to compete with teams that are for real, your PG has to be

a. Fast as hell (a la TP, Barbosa, Paul)
b. Strong and can shoot (any Phil Jackson PG, DWill, Andre Miller, Billups)
c. Lanky or 6'3" and above and quick (Rondo, Devin Harris, that kid from GS who likes mopeds)

Tiny guys don't have a chance in the new NBA. Ask Earl Boykins and Nate Robinson when NY gets tired of him.

Didn't seem to stop Barea from torching the Spurs in a couple playoff games.

bishopospurs
07-14-2009, 12:41 AM
http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/312/9/3/Nonsense_Poopy_Pants_Stamp_by_Dinosaur_Ryuzako.png

spursfan1000
07-14-2009, 12:46 AM
He's the 53rd overall pick, who cares if hes a bust.

Whisky Dog
07-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Somebody sign Jack McClinton so we can cut his ass!

peskypesky
07-14-2009, 01:00 AM
When Tim Duncan played in his first summer league he was far from impressive, getting outplayed by Greg Ostertag and thoroughly dominated by Jermaine O'Neal. That was 12 years ago and since then all Duncan has done is win four championships and establish himself as the best power forward to ever play the game

may be we should of release timmy boy just because he didn't do good on his summer league games. players always panic because its a huge thing in there lives so we cant beat them just because he didn't do good on one game. don't post stupid threads like this anymore without thinking twice.

you're right, dude.

FireDavidStern
07-14-2009, 01:28 AM
He's the 53rd overall pick, who cares if hes a bust.

Your right. He's the 53rd pick. If he gets to training camp, he's not a bust.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-14-2009, 01:36 AM

Premature ejaculation forum.

Also, Thabo is signed to OKC, and they like him, so how is he magically becoming a Spur again?

Blackjack
07-14-2009, 02:18 AM
Wow..

I realize there's a lot of inherent fail associated with SL (nature of the beast) but is it really necessary to have so many, bringing so much of it, to this here board?

AusSpursFan
07-14-2009, 03:07 AM
What a stupid thread, last time I checked the guy is only playing on the Spurs Summer League team. I think I might give him until the end of Summer League before passing judgement.

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-14-2009, 04:11 AM
I'd say let's give the guy that shot 45.5% in college at least until the end of SL. Jacks graduated as a 5th year sr. He should get his composure back next game and if he sticks we have our version of Eddie House coming off the bench. RC is nuts about the guy and RC knows basketball better then I do so I'll go with what RC thinks.

If it doesn't work then nothing lost, however I think it could work and it could payoff handsomely.

Spurs da champs
07-14-2009, 04:24 AM

He was guaranteed to make the team, Didn't James Gist do good last year in SL & still didn't make the team same happens with McClinton IMO.

Chieflion
07-14-2009, 05:15 AM
Stupid. Only took 2 shots in 16 minutes, no rhythm at all to the game, no flow. How is the guy going to find his niche? After just one fucking game, come on, if Redick can stay in the league and play spot minutes, this guy can too.

Muser
07-14-2009, 06:12 AM
So I guess we should of released Hill after his first SL game last year?

urunobili
07-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Release phxspurfan

galvatron3000
07-14-2009, 08:33 AM
this made it to a 4th page? wow!! Shows what I know

Extra Stout
07-14-2009, 08:44 AM
One summer league is too little to make a judgment on a player.

But McClinton only has like a 5-10% chance of making the roster anyway. He's a 53rd pick.

nkdlunch
07-14-2009, 08:48 AM
settle down

tp2021
07-14-2009, 09:02 AM
phxspurfan is getting biffed.

timaios
07-14-2009, 09:21 AM
http://twitter.com/jackmcclinton

"Another day , never have two in a row like that! Let's work"

SpursFan8179
07-14-2009, 10:31 AM
I don't think McClinton is going to make the 12 man active roster anyway. Probably him and Gist will be on the NBD-League Austin team.

hater
07-14-2009, 10:34 AM
WTF is this?? Dude has played ONE game!!!!!

Mr. Body
07-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Give him some time. He needs to figure out how to get his shot off in the pros. But it's a longshot - I feel he might be a volume shooter, anyway, and will never get those minutes in the pros.

ohmwrecker
07-14-2009, 11:05 AM
This thread is really stupid, but in all seriousness, I think Romel Beck has a decent shot at making the team.

hater
07-14-2009, 11:10 AM
This thread is really stupid, but in all seriousness, I think Romel Beck has a decent shot at making the team.

:lmao :lmao

hater
07-14-2009, 11:10 AM
wait, you meant the Toros right? ok. yeah he does

ohmwrecker
07-14-2009, 11:14 AM
wait, you meant the Toros right? ok. yeah he does

I am just saying we need a back up swing . . . and he played pretty good . . . as long as everyone else is being ridiculous, why can't I?

Shank
07-14-2009, 11:18 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao

ohmwrecker
07-14-2009, 11:20 AM
I have apparently run afoul of a sarcasm free thread.

EricB
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I am just saying we need a back up swing . . . and he played pretty good . . . as long as everyone else is being ridiculous, why can't I?

They do?

What minutes are there available outside Mason, Ginobili, Hill Jefferson......

phxspurfan
07-14-2009, 11:59 AM
He needs to figure out how to get his shot off in the pros. But it's a longshot - I feel he might be a volume shooter, anyway, and will never get those minutes in the pros.

Exactly.

ohmwrecker
07-14-2009, 12:12 PM
They do?

What minutes are there available outside Mason, Ginobili, Hill Jefferson......

Swing. As in, SF. Jefferson is the only SF on the team. Finley? Do you mean the same Finley that no one wants to see play another minute for this team.

Besides, If I didn't already make this clear . . . it was a joke.

When do the bright kids show up?

rayray2k8
07-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Nice going dumbass. You just proved to the board how clueless you are about the status of McClinton on the team and yet his contract is not guaranteed.
But he's horrible, so cut him anyway! Oh the agony!!
Hope you enjoyed getting shit on by the majority of the board. New village idiot of the week, nicely done. :tu