PDA

View Full Version : Rodrigue Beaubois injured during SL game

Ryvin1
07-13-2009, 06:57 PM
www.poundingtherock.com

Rodrigue Beaubois was helped off the court by the trainers. He indicated about a 3" area on the inside of this left knee where it hurt.

benefactor
07-13-2009, 06:58 PM
And the rain continues to fall in Dallas.

PBEEZY
07-13-2009, 06:59 PM
wow not a good day for mav fans

bigdog
Sucks for the Mavs.

Ryvin1
I hope it is not serious.

ace3g
07-13-2009, 07:00 PM
I think they said that Robin Lobez hurt his knee as well, but he was back in the at the end of the game.

I'm going to watch the Lakers/Clippers game to see how Griffin plays in his first game

Spursmania
07-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Damn, when it rains it pours....

mystargtr34
07-13-2009, 07:03 PM
He was awesome in the first game. 30+ points and 8 assists. Hopefully its not serious.

gmanrulz
07-13-2009, 07:06 PM
where can you see the clippers game?

TIMMYD!
07-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Ha hope he can't help the Mavericks

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 07:07 PM
7/13.

7 - Good for Spurs fans

13 - Bad for Mav fans.

SenorSpur
07-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Hope the kid is ok.

rjv
07-13-2009, 07:30 PM
i hope he is well. wishing mavs fans the worst is one thing but celebrating an injury to a player is another.

urunobili
07-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Hope he is ok... Get well soon Rodrigue!

timvp
07-13-2009, 07:48 PM
He's probably fine. Beaubois has a reputation of being a baby. He's like the French version of Beno with a tan. He's gotten hurt like the last three times he played in the Euro draft camp.

One of the main reasons why he was projected to be a second rounder was due to his softness when it comes to injury.

Solid D
07-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Hopefully, he's okay or he heals well. He has some flair to his game and he's very quick but he's nowhere near the level of the 2 PGs in front of him, right now.

Ace9
07-13-2009, 08:02 PM
He's probably fine. Beaubois has a reputation of being a baby. He's like the French version of Beno with a tan. He's gotten hurt like the last three times he played in the Euro draft camp.

One of the main reasons why he was projected to be a second rounder was due to his softness when it comes to injury.

Heard that as well. He really ripped it up in his first SL game.

Mark in Austin
07-13-2009, 08:15 PM

:lol @ a tanned Beno.

sounds like he has too much Euro football theatrics in his game. (I'm convinced that it's not the low scoring - soccer will never take off in the US as long as flopping and acting like a pussy are legit parts of the game.)

tomtom
07-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Sounds like he's fine according to PTR

Pauleta14
07-14-2009, 06:48 AM

where do you get your infos!!?!?!!!
it's just a cliché...
the guy is tough! He had a great season and we woud be blessed to have him as a bk up PG... (yes he is better than gh3 at the point! Not on D...yet)

spursbird
07-14-2009, 06:55 AM
Hope he'll be all right soon. But still lol at Mavs.

TDMVPDPOY
07-14-2009, 07:38 AM
its raining man, .....

Shank
07-14-2009, 09:41 AM
PrettyBoy says he should be good to play in Thursday afternoon's game.

Brazil
07-14-2009, 10:09 AM
[Update]: The word is that it is a contusion and he is expected to be fine for Thursday's game.
[Update]: He's walking on it.

good for him.

mazerrackham
07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Just for the record, he was great in his SECOND summer league game, his first one he only scored like 8 points and had a couple assists.

timvp
07-14-2009, 02:39 PM
where do you get your infos!!?!?!!!
it's just a cliché...
the guy is tough! He had a great season and we woud be blessed to have him as a bk up PG... (yes he is better than gh3 at the point! Not on D...yet)

Quick Google search provides:

Reebok Eurocamp, Day Two
June 8, 2009
-Rodrigue Beaubois sat out today’s action after injuring his wrist, a situation eerily similar to two years ago, where he also teased the NBA teams in attendance with an intriguing first game, and then subsequently shut it down for the rest of the camp. Beaubois has somewhat of a reputation for both being fairly injury prone and not the toughest guy around, and this probably doesn’t help on that front.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Reebok-Eurocamp-Day-Two-3251/

jack0fspeed
07-14-2009, 02:56 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/07/13/despite-injury-scare-beaubois-impresses/#cont

Despite Injury Scare, Beaubois Impresses
Posted Jul 13, 2009 9:35PM By Matt Watson (RSS feed)

LAS VEGAS -- Roddy Beaubois has turned a lot of heads thus far in summer league play, but late in the game on Monday, it was for all the wrong reasons: he hit the deck hard with less than a minute left in the game, grabbing his left knee while writhing on the floor in obvious pain.

Beaubois was eventually helped off the court by a pair of Mavericks' trainers, careful not to put any weight on his left leg.

While everyone else in the gym was fearing the worse, Beaubois knew it wasn't serious -- just extremely painful. "I just bumped knee to knee," he told reporters, speaking with a bag of ice taped to his knee. "I had a previous injury [there], so it just hurt. But it's not bad, it's not bad."

The injury has officially been termed a left knee contusion, and considering the Mavericks don't play again until Thursday, there's a good chance he won't miss any time.

Beaubois finished the game with 16 points, five rebounds and three assists, but he wasn't satisfied -- not only because it fell short of his 34-point explosion on Saturday but also because of the final result. "I'm not happy because we are losing," he said. "So I think I can help more, especially on the rebounds."

Fortunately for Beaubois, no one remembers the final score in July, just the performance of individual players, and so far he's more than lived up to his first-round billing.