PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant By Swimming?

sonic21
07-13-2009, 07:32 PM
The pool can be a dangerous place: Kids can get sunburned or slip on the wet deck. But can the pool get you pregnant?

Magdalena Kwiatkowska of Poland thinks you can. She is suing an Egyptian hotel because she claims her 13-year-old daughter became impregnated after swimming in its pool (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2525921/Teen-pregnant-after-swimming-in-pool.html) during their recent holiday.

Ms.Kwiatkowska says that there must have been errant sperm floating around just waiting to implant themselves in an unsuspecting female taking a dip. She swears that her daughter did not meet any boys during their vacation, so the mysterious sperm in the pool had to be the culprit.

Surely this lawsuit will be thrown out of court on inconceivable (pun intended) grounds. First off, wouldn't the chlorine kill any random sperm? But even further, did Ms. Kwiatkowska follow every moment of her vacationing daughter to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she spent absolutely no time with anyone of the opposite sex during their Egyptian holiday?

The only reassuring thing about this story, perhaps, is that frivolous lawsuits are not exclusively an American thing.

http://www.parentdish.com/2009/07/10/pregnant-by-swimming/39

sook
07-13-2009, 07:38 PM
:lol:lol

BULLSHIT!

If the chlorine can kill germs, it can deff kill sperm.

Besides if you distribute each individual sperm cell accross thousands of gallons, which is approx 5 ml of fluid,....

No way chances are like 1 x 10^(-100)

Wild Cobra
07-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Ms.Kwiatkowska says that there must have been errant sperm floating around just waiting to implant themselves in an unsuspecting female taking a dip.
Well, as umlikely as it is, it is possible.

Sperm is not a liquid that immediately mixes other fluids. Staying in clumps, the center could have stayed alive for some time. Only the outer exposed part would be killed by the pool chemicals. As for entry, that would be hard too. Part of her bottoms would have had to be 'fluffed' away from her skin for this to happen.

I think she had sex or was molested, but in theory, this can happen. It would be like winning the Powerball, or maybe worse odds.

sabar
07-13-2009, 08:24 PM
I would say the chances are astronomical. Note that most bacteria and viruses have similar odds surviving in air, yet only the ones labeled contagious ever have a chance of making it. There's just too many obstacles to entry.

I. Hustle
07-13-2009, 08:30 PM
I've got to stop jizzing in egyptian pools. That is like the 4th time this month.

CharlieMac
07-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Gotta sue teh pool boy too.

easjer
07-13-2009, 08:47 PM
A very vague chance that sperm aren't immediately killed? Sure. The odds that would lead to live sperm getting into her suit bottom, and into her vagina is a long shot - let alone that this sperm would be hardy enough to make the further swim up her vagina, cervix, and uterus into the correct tube while ovulation was occuring . . .

well . . . no. The odds are beyond astronomical. Hell, it took nearly 3 straight week of daily sex to conceive this one. Friends who have done perfectly timed IUIs have not had odds like that with millions of post-wash sperm circumventing the vagina and cervix entirely with timed triggers medically inducing ovulation. So . . . no.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Well, as umlikely as it is, it is possible.

Sperm is not a liquid that immediately mixes other fluids. Staying in clumps, the center could have stayed alive for some time. Only the outer exposed part would be killed by the pool chemicals. As for entry, that would be hard too. Part of her bottoms would have had to be 'fluffed' away from her skin for this to happen.

I think she had sex or was molested, but in theory, this can happen. It would be like winning the Powerball, or maybe worse odds.Could you show us the pool on Google Earth?

Wild Cobra
07-13-2009, 09:02 PM
I would say the chances are astronomical. Note that most bacteria and viruses have similar odds surviving in air, yet only the ones labeled contagious ever have a chance of making it. There's just too many obstacles to entry.
I agree the odds are way out there. I'm just saying it is not impossible. I still believe she had sex! I wonder if anyone will subject the girl into finding out if she's a virgin?

You know, this story stinks anyway. How can you narrow down a pregnancy to one event, when it takes weeks before you know you are pregnant? Does the family really have so much faith to believe someone isn't lying? In the case of the girl, if there was no thought of her being knocked up, it wouldn't be until she was at least in her 3rd month before testing I bet.

How can you narrow the timeline down that well?

I will maintain it's possible. Highly suspicious however.

mrsmaalox
07-13-2009, 09:11 PM
I got pregnant in a hot tub :p:

Wild Cobra
07-13-2009, 09:16 PM
I got pregnant in a hot tub :p:
But I'll bet you had someone help you out...

I think the family's in de Nile. I would place odds on a family member molesting her on a regular basis, and not that she's been through puberty, she became pregnant. Just a thought. I recall when I was in Jr. high, a kid in school used to do his sisters, and that happened.

tlongII
07-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Wasn't me!

mrsmaalox
07-13-2009, 09:29 PM
But I'll bet you had someone help you out...

I think the family's in de Nile. I would place odds on a family member molesting her on a regular basis, and not that she's been through puberty, she became pregnant. Just a thought. I recall when I was in Jr. high, a kid in school used to do his sisters, and that happened.

oh that's gross! But yea, I think that woman is crazy and that kid is working her big time.

Cheese
07-13-2009, 10:03 PM
In my best “The Girl is Mine” voice… I don’t belieeeve it!”

easjer
07-13-2009, 10:04 PM
I agree the odds are way out there. I'm just saying it is not impossible. I still believe she had sex! I wonder if anyone will subject the girl into finding out if she's a virgin?

You know, this story stinks anyway. How can you narrow down a pregnancy to one event, when it takes weeks before you know you are pregnant? Does the family really have so much faith to believe someone isn't lying? In the case of the girl, if there was no thought of her being knocked up, it wouldn't be until she was at least in her 3rd month before testing I bet.

I will maintain it's possible. Highly suspicious however.

While I think you have a point that one would expect more than a couple of weeks to pass before testing a 13 year old for pregnancy, I got my first positive pregnancy test 9 days after I ovulated with this pregnancy. Ridiculously faint and we weren't sure we believed it, but it was true enough.

Anyway, a lot of symptoms set in between 6 and 7 weeks, so I might pinpoint that as a reasonable time to test, particularly if there was a missed period (which there ought to have been by that point).

If they used the standard dating by last menstrual period and assumed a cycle day 14 ovulation, they could try to pinpoint it that way. I doubt very much it would hold up in court, but it could be the reasoning they are using (which isn't even within spitting distance of logic or biology).

Destro
07-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Maybe she was impregnated by the Holy Spirit and her son will one day become the king of the Jews..isn't that how christianity started, some teenager got pregs than blamed a ghost for doing it to her?

Leetonidas
07-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Maybe she was impregnated by the Holy Spirit and her son will one day become the king of the Jews..isn't that how christianity started, some teenager got pregs than blamed a ghost for doing it to her?

Okay, I lol'd.

TDMVPDPOY
07-13-2009, 11:46 PM
cheap then IVF fellas....

Trainwreck2100
07-14-2009, 12:41 AM
she got pregnant by being a whore

METALMiKE
07-14-2009, 01:35 AM
how bout check her hymen?

ORION
07-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Oh stop you crazys

DizzG.
07-14-2009, 01:39 AM
Wasn't me!

They didn't say kiddy pool.

Chief
07-14-2009, 03:04 AM
In other news, a woman in another pool is suing for "receiving a facial" without even knowing it

TDMVPDPOY
07-14-2009, 05:00 AM

fuck that man, anal checkup :toast

J.T.
07-14-2009, 07:30 AM

From the sound of things it was broken before she got in the pool.

Richard Cranium
07-14-2009, 07:43 AM
Now that is what I call a gene pool.

stretch
07-14-2009, 08:44 AM
awesome

tp2021
07-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Those swimmers give Phelps a run for his money.

GeorgeCostanza
07-14-2009, 09:14 AM
I believe it. My boys can swim baby!!

CosmicCowboy
07-14-2009, 09:19 AM
It was actually the bell hop jerking off with her panties while she was in the pool.

Summers
07-14-2009, 10:04 AM

They actually do narrow down the date of conception almost to the day based on the size of the fetus, but my understanding is that's if it's measured before it gets too far along. The growth and development is very standardized during the first 3 or 4 months. But I agree with you: she's probably being diddled by her father.

While I think you have a point that one would expect more than a couple of weeks to pass before testing a 13 year old for pregnancy, I got my first positive pregnancy test 9 days after I ovulated with this pregnancy. Ridiculously faint and we weren't sure we believed it, but it was true enough.

Anyway, a lot of symptoms set in between 6 and 7 weeks, so I might pinpoint that as a reasonable time to test, particularly if there was a missed period (which there ought to have been by that point).

If they used the standard dating by last menstrual period and assumed a cycle day 14 ovulation, they could try to pinpoint it that way. I doubt very much it would hold up in court, but it could be the reasoning they are using (which isn't even within spitting distance of logic or biology).

I'm not sure a 13-year-old would recognize the symptoms of pregnancy or be able to remember her last period (if she was having them). There are plenty of stories of girls older than 13 getting halfway through pregnancy before realizing they were pregnant. At 13? "I just threw up my breakfast for no reason... time to play!"

Summers
07-14-2009, 10:06 AM
I think the family's in de Nile.

I forgot to say that was a nice touch. :lol