PDA

View Full Version : Don't piss off anyone at Sonic

KoriEllis
09-14-2004, 05:07 AM
LUFKIN, Texas (AP) - Two young men face felony charges after one of them allegedly spat in a drink he was serving to an East Texas police officer.

Brian Strban, 19, and Nathaniel Allen Baker, 22, were workers at a Lufkin Sonic Drive-In where the incident allegedly happened Sept. 3, according to a police affidavit.

Both were arrested last week and charged with second-degree felony tampering with a consumer product. If convicted, both could be sentenced to 20 years in prison and fined up to $10,000, The Lufkin Daily News reported in its online editions Monday.

In a statement, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma City-based Sonic hamburger chain said both workers were fired.

According to the affidavit, the officer ordered a soft drink, but when he received the beverage he noticed several workers inside the kitchen laughing. The police officer, who was not identified, opened the drink and noticed what appeared to be phlegm floating on the surface.

The affidavit says lab tests confirmed his suspicions. It alleged that Strban planned the prank after recognizing the officer as one who had interrupted him and his girlfriend having a romantic interlude at a local parking spot. According to the affidavit, Strban has acknowledged encouraging Baker to spit in the drink.

Police say both suspects have given DNA samples, but no test results have been disclosed.

-------------------

Side note: One time when I lived in Phoenix, a guy blew his nose into a police officer's burger at a fast food drive-thru. :vomit

Alamo Spurs Fan
09-14-2004, 05:21 AM
Sonic nothin...just hope you didn't piss off anyone at the Rittiman Road Burger King between June 1987 and April 1988.

We did some NASTY shit to the food there to just about anyone who copped an attitude in drive-thru.

Technology was a bitch...even in the late '80s.

:music

Alamo Spurs Fan
09-14-2004, 05:25 AM
A good rule of thumb to live by is don't ever **** with ANYONE at a dining establishment until AFTER you've gotten your food.

Send it back and there's no telling WHAT'S coming out of the kitchen...

:vomit

Alamo Spurs Fan
09-14-2004, 05:29 AM
Both were arrested last week and charged with second-degree felony tampering with a consumer product. If convicted, both could be sentenced to 20 years in prison and fined up to $10,000, The Lufkin Daily News reported in its online editions Monday.

Assuming, of course, that the statute of limitations on consumer product tampering has run out...if it hasn't, I was only kidding...

:shock

Johnny Blaze 47
09-14-2004, 09:41 AM
A few thoughts...

1. Why can't somebody spit on those Sonic guys' food?

2. Remember the Whataburger incident here last year (I think, could have been two years ago) of the same variety?

imagination4u
09-14-2004, 10:09 AM
hmm..something to ponder..

God forbid you dare spit in my drink, you will surely be locked away for 20..
but now...if you molest a child..you get 10 years probation..

This world is just sick..

Johnny Blaze 47
09-14-2004, 10:23 AM
Do you really think they're going to get 20 years, I4U?

Every case is different and you know it. You're comparing one of the worst possible outcomes in a child molestation case in which the defendant was found guilty to a news report on the maximum penalty for a crime.

Apples, meet these oranges.

Jimcs50
09-14-2004, 10:37 AM
The worst thing I did when I was a waiter was just carry the water glasses two at a time with one hand....you figure it out. :)

That was only to customers that came in numerous times and stiffed me...it was a small token of my appreciation, but I felt a little better.

bigzak25
09-14-2004, 10:48 AM
hamburger buns fall on the ground sometimes....and when you have to take the time to toast them, it's easier to pick it up quick....5 second rule you know.....

i only spit in one guys drink once....and he was a manager....he pulled up to the drive thru and told me to hook him up with a sprite.....i was doing it, and he told me to "hurry up".....so i gave him a gift....

other than that....i was a respectable cook for mickie d's for one year in 91-92.

SAmikeyp
09-14-2004, 01:39 PM
we used to make cricket blizzards at the DQ on Bandera in 1986. We never gave them out to the public...as far as you know. :angel

SAmikeyp
09-14-2004, 01:41 PM
also had a buddy of mine sabotage a pizza at the Pizza Hut on Grissom in '90. I was set to deliver a pizza when my friend called me back....it was going to someone on his street that he did not like....he drizzled jalapeno juice all over the pizza.

Samurai Jane
09-14-2004, 01:49 PM
I never did anything to the food when I waited tables... even when those cheapskates acted like they were doing me a huge favor by leaving me a 50 cent tip. :cuss

DuffMcCartney
09-14-2004, 02:32 PM
"It's for a cop...."

Useruser666
09-15-2004, 10:45 AM
A guy I knew in high school said he would dip the hamburger patties in the mop water bucket before and after cooking them. Their nickname for those was double dippers. I'm suuuure they only gave those out to people who deserved them.

Useruser666 :eyebrow

Shelly
09-15-2004, 10:58 AM
ugh...i am never eating out again.

I had to send a steak back one time at Morton's of all places. I ordered it medium and it was so rare it was practically steak tartar. I was afraid to eat it after they cooked it more.

CosmicCowboyXXX
09-15-2004, 11:25 AM
I had to send a steak back one time at Morton's of all places.

I hope the steak didn't have bernaise sauce on it...thats a perfect hiding place for a Kobe style DNA deposit...:lol

:vomit

NameDropper
09-15-2004, 11:36 AM
That's why I never ask for mayo on anything!!