PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Would Have To Take Out Loan For Millsap's $10.3M

Spurs 21+20+9=50
07-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Who wants to start a collection to help the Jazz? I'll bet the rest of the league and lots of anti-Faker fans would gladly pitch in...Peter Holt, want to chip in to help get Odom to Portland??

Jazz Would Have To Take Out Loan For Millsap's $10.3M

The Jazz have until the end of the week to match the four-year, $32 million offer sheet that Paul Millsap signed with the Portland Trail Blazers.

As a caveat with matching the contract, Utah will have to pay Millsap $10.3 million within one week.

Unlike Paul Allen, Portland's owner, the Jazz don't have that type of cash on hand and would have to take out a loan.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60554/20090714/jazz_would_have_to_take_out_loan_for_millsaps_$103 m/

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-13-2009, 11:58 PM
I read elsewhere that it isn't a problem for them at all as they have very little debt (only a small debt on their arena).

z0sa
07-14-2009, 12:05 AM
so he would get his entire year's paycheck in one lump sum if they matched?

Damn. 10.3 mil more in the bank all of a sudden. Pretty crazy.

Ice009
07-14-2009, 12:06 AM
What is the 10.3 million thing? Is that like a signing bonus or is that only if Utah matches? In other words if Utah doesn't match does Portland have to pay him 10.3 million straight away.

iggypop123
07-14-2009, 12:13 AM
i think as much as 15 teams took loans out this past season its not unusual

Dunc n Dave
07-14-2009, 12:16 AM
I think Portland frontloaded Milsap's contract offer and put his payment as a lump sum in hopes that the terms would be too tough on Utah to consider matching the offer.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-14-2009, 12:59 AM
What is the 10.3 million thing? Is that like a signing bonus or is that only if Utah matches? In other words if Utah doesn't match does Portland have to pay him 10.3 million straight away.

Yes. Whoever signs him has to pony up the 10.3m immediately.

BRHornet45
07-14-2009, 08:32 AM
sons if this was New Orleans some of you would be saying things like ... "oh they are getting ready to move the team now! they can't afford anything!!" despite the fact that the Hornets franchise is just as profitable as most other NBA teams .... but since it is the Utah White Jazz ... nothing is mentioned.

ElNono
07-14-2009, 09:21 AM
sons if this was new orleans some of you would be saying things like ... "oh they are getting ready to move the team now! They can't afford anything!!" despite the fact that the hornets franchise is just as profitable as most other nba teams .... But since it is the utah white jazz ... Nothing is mentioned.

121-63

FireDavidStern
07-14-2009, 12:22 PM
sons if this was New Orleans some of you would be saying things like ... "oh they are getting ready to move the team now! they can't afford anything!!" despite the fact that the Hornets franchise is just as profitable as most other NBA teams .... but since it is the Utah White Jazz ... nothing is mentioned.

That might have something to do with Utah being able to support a team and New Orleans being questionable about that. It might also have to do with Utah being one of the better run franchise and New Orleans being middle of the road. This has noting the do with Utah being white so :stfu

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 12:32 PM

Ok, we get the White Jazz unmentioned. But, you get the Black Iverson unmentioned. See how that works?

BRHornet45
07-14-2009, 12:41 PM
That might have something to do with Utah being able to support a team and New Orleans being questionable about that.

son they have been questioning New Orleans and other smaller market teams for years. they have been questioning us for years about the Saints, yet for 30+ years we still sellout the Superdome 70,000 plus every week.

The Hornets are here to stay as well. People always fail to look at the facts ... before Katrina, ownership never put quality teams on the floor so naturally after the first season, attendance went down and a good fan base was never established. Ever since Katrina, ownership has made a good effort of putting a quality team on the floor and the fan base has steadily grown and the team has been profitable the last 2 seasons. not to mention selling more seasons tickets than any other NBA franchise last year ....

Its amazing to me that other cities get passes for their terrible attendance, but New Orleans doesn't. When teams such as Philadelphia, Indiana, Memphis, Sacramento, Atlanta, etc. have poor attendance years ... it is because they are "rebuilding". The fact is that we are the smallest market in the NBA (with Orlando close with us) and we have financially improved tremendously over the last 2 years. we have been more profitable than nearly 50% of NBA teams over the last 2 years despite being the smallest market ... yet no respect for it. keep hating though ... the pure ignorance is comical.

in2deep
07-14-2009, 12:51 PM

come back when New Orleans can afford clean water.

rayray2k8
07-14-2009, 12:53 PM
The jazz will match and the Blazers will end up with nothing this summer.
They should have made a strong run at Odom, but he would have stayed in L.A eventually.

BRHornet45
07-14-2009, 12:56 PM
come back when New Orleans can afford clean water.

son come back whenever your city learns English ... drum roll, symbol

wanna keep the childish "your city is trash" argument going?

in2deep
07-14-2009, 12:57 PM

my bad. I apologize. That was very rude.

:flag:

jazzypimp
07-14-2009, 01:02 PM

Son, enough of the white jazz shmack... or else I will bring the Horent out of retirement on yo ass!

z0sa
07-14-2009, 01:11 PM

it was kinda comical initially, but its pretty clear you're a bigot.

BRHornet45
07-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Son, enough of the white jazz shmack... or else I will bring the Horent out of retirement on yo ass!

LOL son I had a feeling it was you .... at least be creative with it

BRHornet45
07-14-2009, 01:21 PM
it was kinda comical initially, but its pretty clear you're a bigot.

son yep thats it ... keep talking smack racist.

Phillip
07-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Wow. That's bizzare.

jazzypimp
07-14-2009, 01:30 PM
son yep thats it ... keep talking smack racist.

You leave me in utter confusion as to how you can claim someone else to be a racist..LOL

And son, I had a hella good time playin you, which means at times you can be somewhat funny... God Bless!!

BRHornet45
07-14-2009, 01:34 PM
You leave me in utter confusion as to how you can claim someone else to be a racist..LOL

And son, I had a hella good time playin you, which means at times you can be somewhat funny... God Bless!!

son he is very hateful and racist in his heart. god bless

LnGrrrR
07-14-2009, 01:39 PM
You know, if New Orleans could get him for cheap, and AI had some humility, I think it'd be a good fit. For some reason, I just picture AI fitting in well with the vibe of the city.

Girasuck
07-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Complete lie in regards to the loan the Jazz would need to get. Nothing to see here except BR trying to be funny.

Spursmania
07-14-2009, 03:29 PM

Portland purposely placed that in Millsap's offer sheet. Essentially attempting to make it harder for Utah to match.

Apparently, Utah will take no shit form Portland and will probably match. At least that's what reports are saying. This is coupled with the fact that both Boozer and Utah have decided he will be traded. It is just a matter of when and to whom.