PDA

View Full Version : NEGOTIATIONS: Lakers, Odom not on same page

scottspurs
07-14-2009, 11:36 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

NEGOTIATIONS: Lakers, Odom not on same page
Lamar Odom | Lakers | Interested: Mavericks? Lakers?
Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak talked with Lamar Odom and his agent, Jeff Schwartz on Monday, but no progress was made in their negotiations.
"I'm not sure we're on the same page," Kupchak told the Los Angeles Daily News. "It's just a feeling you get. You have conversations with the player's representative and, right now, I'm not sure we're on the same page. I understand it's a process. I am surprised it's taken us so long to get to this point."

The wait is also frustrating owner Jerry Buss, who upped his offer to $8M per season according to the Los Angeles Times. Buss is considering pull that deal off the table soon.

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban told NBA TV that he has contacted Odom's agent, however it's unlikely Odom would sign with Dallas as they can only offer $5.8M for a first-year salary.

Uh-Oh.

Ditty
07-14-2009, 11:38 AM
hello lakers all star bench for next season without odom

this would put the lakers the 3rd team in the west IMO

Muser
07-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Should be a fun few days/weeks ahead.

carrao45
07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, in an interview on NBA TV, said that Dallas has been in contact with the agent for Lakers free agent forward Lamar Odom, whose negotiations with Los Angeles are going slowly. But Odom is not likely to sign anywhere for the mid-level that the Mavericks now, again, have at their disposal; he's accepted that he'll face a pay cut from last year's $14 million, but doesn't want to go down that much.

NBA.com

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/110311-cuban-mavericks-talking-to-odom?eref=fromSI

Banzai
07-14-2009, 11:41 AM
hello lakers all star bench for next season without odom

this would put the lakers the 3rd team in the west IMO

I think it would put the Lakers lower...if Odom goes..the Lakers would depend on Josh fucking Powell...

Muser
07-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Cuban trying to get Odom for the MLE :lmao

KSeal
07-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Spurfans are so happy, lol.

If I was Lamar and I was looking at the Lakers payroll and saw Andrew Bynum making 12.5 million dollars next year I'd be a little pissed at a 8 million dollar offer too. Lamar means a lot more to the Lakers then Bynum.

Ghazi
07-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Odom/Dirk/Marion/Kidd/Terry/Howard 2010!!

:lol

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Even if it comes to that we'll have a fine opportunity for superior talent at the trade deadline if no one surfaces from our bench twixt now & then.

Muser
07-14-2009, 11:44 AM
I don't see how one year means this much to him? This Lakers core with him has potential to be a freakin' dynasty and he's not re-signing over one year?

Ghazi
07-14-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't see how one year means this much to him? This Lakers core with him has potential to be a freakin' dynasty and he's not re-signing over one year?

Like my man Teddy KGB says

Pay him... pay that man his money

carrao45
07-14-2009, 11:52 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/110311-cuban-mavericks-talking-to-odom?eref=fromSI

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Maybe Odum has alligator blood, Ghazi.

Ditty
07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
I think it would put the Lakers lower...if Odom goes..the Lakers would depend on Josh fucking Powell...

yah but powell aint that bad that outside jumper kiled the spurs last season but odom is defintley better

wow complete opposite of what laker fans wanted this season a huge risk all star in artest losing a guy that fit perfectly in the system in ariza and losing odom the guy who gves alot of team fits

jman3000
07-14-2009, 11:54 AM
He's just trying to feed his family.

YoMamaIsCallin
07-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Odom's like Nuke LaLoosh from Bull Durham... has a million dollar body and a ten cent head.

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 11:57 AM
He's just trying to feed his family.

But, the family ain't as big as when he signed his last contract, so, he should take less?

tomtom
07-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Dammit Blazers, why'd you have to go after Millsap instead....

Though I sorta have a feeling he wouldn't want to play in Portland anyways

tlongII
07-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Dammit Blazers, why'd you have to go after Millsap instead....

Though I sorta have a feeling he wouldn't want to play in Portland anyways

If Utah matches and Odom still isn't signed there could be an opportunity...

z0sa
07-14-2009, 12:23 PM
If Utah matches, then Blazers sign Odom to a long term deal: they could be assuring themselves a top4 seed for years while dealing a deadly blow to a conference rival.

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 12:30 PM
If Utah matches, then Blazers sign Odom to a long term deal: they could be assuring themselves a top4 seed for years while dealing a deadly blow to a conference rival.

Just make sure they know to have a retractable handle installed in the ball for Odum's use. They'll need it.

rayray2k8
07-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Spurfans are so happy, lol.

If I was Lamar and I was looking at the Lakers payroll and saw Andrew Bynum making 12.5 million dollars next year I'd be a little pissed at a 8 million dollar offer too. Lamar means a lot more to the Lakers then Bynum.

You honestly think we care? I don't.
Otherwise you'll be making excuses that had the Lakers had Odom, they would have won.. Whatever team it is that takes them out.

The_Game
07-14-2009, 12:34 PM

while killing themselves cap wise making it impossible to improve their team and extending certain guys to longer contracts.

Blackjack
(Didn't see this posted)

The State of Lamar Odom

July 14, 2009 10:58 AM

After winning the title and heading into the off-season on a high, the Lakers had some free agents to worry about, most notably Trevor Ariza and Lamar Odom.

The negotiations with Ariza stalled a bit and boom ... the Lakers went in another direction, bringing in Ron Artest instead.

Odom -- a favorite Laker, with abundant skill and size -- has now reached the point where his own contract negotiations have reached a sticking point.

A bit of a nervous time for Laker fans and Odom alike.

The L.A. Times' Broderick Turner reports:

Lakers owner Jerry Buss, who improved on his offer of $8 million a season to Odom, is getting frustrated and is thinking about pulling the deal off the table soon.

Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak talked at halftime of a game between the Lakers and Clippers on Monday in Las Vegas at the summer league, saying that the talks with Odom left him "not as hopeful as I was on Friday."

When asked why, Kupchak said, "Just a feeling you get."

"Right now, I'm not sure we're on the same page."

Kupchak added that it might be nearing time to give up on the talks, and Odom was coy about whether or not he had an offer from the Miami Heat. (Odom played well for the Heat in the 2003-2004 season, before being shipped to Los Angeles as part of the Shaquille O'Neal trade.)

Lamar Odom has been keeping nice company as a Laker. But with contract talks stalled, his return to the champions is uncertain.
(Andrew D. Bernstein/NBAE/Getty Images)
Andrew Kamenetzky of the L.A. Times caught up with Odom, who tried to be somewhat sunny in the videotaped interview, but came off decidedly neutral when asked about the state of negotiations. "It is what it is," he said.

Odom also pointed out that even if you have a great relationship, things can get uncomfortable with anyone when the topic is money. "You can have a brother, a sister, a father, but when you start talking about money, it gets a little ... ehhhh ..."

Odom acknowledges he's in the middle of a balancing act. There's an argument for trying to get the most money possible. "You take a business man, anyone with a business mind, and they want the most money possible," he says. He points out that he's 29, and needs to secure his "legacy as a basketball player, and a business man."

But at the same time, Odom is clear that having a great chance to win a title means a lot, and he articulates a sophisticated bargaining position: "We try to do what's best for both sides, like what's fair. It doesn't happen overnight."

A Fair Price for Lamar Odom
It's very hard to say what any player is worth in this economy. So far there has been no suggestion that the teams with cap space -- Oklahoma City and Portland -- are in pursuit, so on the open market his suitors are the Lakers, who have Odom's "Bird rights" and can pay him any price, or some team's mid-level exception, which starts at a little under $6 million a year.

Reportedly Odom is hoping to get $10 million a season.

There are two players who are worth comparing Odom to.

The first, and most obvious, is Odom himself. Over the last five years he has earned something in the neighborhood of $55 million. Although he's seen as an inconsistent producer from game to game, Odom has been remarkably consistent from season to season. Over the last half-decade:

Odom's PER has moved in a small window from 16.1 to 17.3. Last season it was 16.6.
His true shooting percentage has been between 52 and 58% each of those years.
His total rebounding percentage started the period at 15.9, and after a couple of off-years has been at 15.6 and 15.5 over the last two seasons.
In the 2009 playoffs, Odom was even better. According to Basketball-Reference, he had a PER of 18, a true shooting percentage of 59%, and a total rebounding percentage 16.7%.

Another comparision for Odom, from this summer's free agent market, is Hedo Turkoglu, who was also asking for $10 million a season, and reportedly received slightly more. They're very different small forwards -- Odom moonlights as a power forward, while Turkoglu plays stretches as a point guard -- but similar in that they're borderline stars for a Finals team.

By every measure, except those concerning passing, Odom's numbers look good compared to Turkoglu's. In this year's post-season, for instance, Turkoglu had a PER of 13.2 compared to Odom's 18, a true shooting percentage of 55% compared to Odom's 59%, and a total rebounding percentage of 7.3 which is less than half of Odom's 16.7.

That said, Turkoglu has value in creating shots for teammates. He assists on an estimated 21.6% of his teammates' shots when he's on the floor, compared with Odom's 9.1 rate.

What does it all mean?

The Lakers can make the case that at 29, in a bad economy and alongside Ron Artest, Odom is set to produce less on the basketball court, while the team has less ability to make money off of his efforts. They can also point out that their payroll is massive and in need of restraint. They have surely made the case that barring a big offer from Portland or Oklahoma City, or a sign-and-trade at the Lakers' behest, no one can pay Odom close to what the Lakers are offering.

The Odom camp can argue that $10 million is already a pay cut, the Lakers make more money than most teams, and how much can you ask a player to take a hit when he just won a title playing the best playoff basketball of his career?

So ... what's fair in a case like this? Both sides are right, so it's no wonder both sides sound frustrated. In a good economy, Odom is certainly the kind of player who would get a big contract. If Odom takes significantly less than $10 million from the Lakers, or plays somewhere for the mid-level, I'd take that as a sign that the economy is a factor in 2009 free agency.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-42-70/The-State-of-Lamar-Odom.html

Culburn369
Otherwise you'll be making excuses that had the Lakers had Odom, they would have won.

Well, the last time we had Odum we did win.

KSeal
07-14-2009, 12:36 PM
You honestly think we care? I don't.
Otherwise you'll be making excuses that had the Lakers had Odom, they would have won.. Whatever team it is that takes them out.

Oh please, don't try to deny Odom leaving the Lakers makes you happy, it should. It makes things a million times easier for the Spurs to win the West if Lamar does go.

Why would I say the Lakers would have won if they did have Odom? There is no way of knowing that and he wouldn't have been their besides so what does it matter what could have happened.

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 12:38 PM
"If Odom takes significantly less than $10 million from the Lakers, or plays somewhere for the mid-level, I'd take that as a sign that the economy is a factor in 2009 free agency."

Shit, if only a Bush was a President we could see that "sign" crystal clearly. But, with Hussein Obama, it's damn near impossible.

z0sa
07-14-2009, 12:39 PM
while killing themselves cap wise making it impossible to improve their team and extending certain guys to longer contracts.

You didn't think Portland would eventually have to deal/lose a portion of its immense youthful talent?

Guess that means you have no foresight.

I shouldn't mention the fact they'll have gained Odom in the process, who could handle the ball/shoot much more than in LA with Mr. Insecurity.

KSeal
07-14-2009, 12:43 PM
You didn't think Portland would eventually have to deal/lose a portion of its immense youthful talent?

Guess that means you have no foresight.

They may lose some to trades that make their team better but not to FA. Paul Allen spends out his ass and has already come out and said that the Blazers won't lose any of their players they want to FA.

Banzai
07-14-2009, 12:43 PM
yah but powell aint that bad that outside jumper kiled the spurs last season but odom is defintley better

wow complete opposite of what laker fans wanted this season a huge risk all star in Artiest losing a guy that fit perfectly in the system in Arizona and losing Odom the guy who gives a lot of team fits

If the Lakers lose Odom..would this be one of the worst off seasons for the Lakers? Possibly losing another key player? I just don't see how the Lakers could recover not having Odom and Ariza...

z0sa
07-14-2009, 12:44 PM
They may lose some to trades that make their team better but not to FA. Paul Allen spends out his ass and has already come out and said that the Blazers won't lose any of their players they want to FA.

Just like Buss said resigning Ariza/Odom are his two main concerns? Ariza pretty much wasn't, we know for a fact, and they're low balling Odom.

Besides, he said the players "they want." What have you done for me lately? will play a big part in that when each player's "time" comes.

Dex
07-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Don't get your hopes up. Odom will re-sign. This is just his agent dangling the hook to see if a better fish will come along, even though his bobbers a bobbin'.

KSeal
07-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Just like Buss said resigning Ariza/Odom are his two main concerns?

Ummm, no it's not like that at all, totally different.

Just to be clear the Lakers got an upgrade over Ariza and Lamar could still very easily return to the Lakers, don't get too happy yet.

rjv
07-14-2009, 12:49 PM
in the end, i think they work it out. this is odom though so you never know with that character. maybe the lakers can offer a lifetime supply of jolly ranchers.

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 12:49 PM
don't get too happy yet.

Yeah, its not like when you tanked in order to get Duncan.

rayray2k8
07-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh please, don't try to deny Odom leaving the Lakers makes you happy, it should. It makes things a million times easier for the Spurs to win the West if Lamar does go.

Why would I say the Lakers would have won if they did have Odom? There is no way of knowing that and he wouldn't have been their besides so what does it matter what could have happened.

You clueless faker fan, I've been saying this whole time that he SHOULD return to the Lakers and that he SHOULDN'T have to take a pay cut.
Better to beat the lakers when they're at their best and their "invincible" frontline. :rolleyes
You probably think I'm one of the one's who actually rooted against the Lakers with every team they went up against, during their medicare run.
I've always said, if anyone is gonna beat the Lakers, it's gotta be the spurs.. No one else.

KSeal
07-14-2009, 12:52 PM
You clueless faker fan, I've been saying this whole time that he SHOULD return to the Lakers and that he SHOULDN'T have to take a pay cut.
Better to beat the lakers when they're at their best and their "invincible" frontline. :rolleyes
You probably think I'm one of the one's who actually rooted against the Lakers with every team they went up against, during their medicare run.
I've always said, if anyone is gonna beat the Lakers, it's gotta be the spurs.. No one else.

Sounds good. I hope he returns as well, an invincible frontline would be awesome.

z0sa
07-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Ummm, no it's not like that at all, totally different.

It's two owners talking out of their asses. It's exactly the same, in fact. Two wealthy owners who supposedly are willing to delve deep into the Tax to produce a contender.

Just to be clear the Lakers got an upgrade over Ariza

Odom took 700 shots last season, Artest took close to a 1000. I don't think you want to know how many Ariza took. So if you consider a chucker, known playoff choker, and mentally disfigured headcase an improvement over the hard working, low key, low demand Ariza, cool.

Let's be clear about something for real now: Ariza's D >>> Artest's. Artest is stocky, not incredibly long like Ariza. Ariza is youthful, a better athlete, quicker footspeed, and at times even a better helpside defender. There's really nothing on that side of the court Artest will do better, besides "be" 260 at times and throw his chunk around.

and Lamar could still very easily return to the Lakers, don't get too happy yet.

:lol at lakerfan getting defensive. No one gives that much of a fuck, for real. We aren't more happy or less sad if Odom goes away from LA. IMO, the Spurs will facefuck the Lakers regardless.

rayray2k8
07-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Sounds good. I hope he returns as well, an invincible frontline would be awesome.

They will, they just have to dump one of their overplayed bench players. :lol

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 12:58 PM
IMO, the Spurs will facefuck the Lakers regardless.

Firstly, just try to keep the Mavs from plowing your chute again, sport.

KSeal
07-14-2009, 01:00 PM
It's two owners talking out of their asses. It's exactly the same, in fact. Two wealthy owners who supposedly are willing to delve deep into the Tax to produce a contender.

Odom took 700 shots last season, Artest took close to a 1000. I don't think you want to know how many Ariza took. So if you consider a chucker, known playoff choker, and mentally disfigured headcase an improvement over the hard working, low key, low demand Ariza, cool.

Let's be clear about something for real now: Ariza's D >>> Artest's.

:lol at lakerfan getting defensive. No one gives that much of a fuck, for real. We aren't more happy or less sad if Odom goes away from LA. IMO, the Spurs will facefuck the Lakers regardless.

So, Buss and Allen are exactly the same, Ariza>Artest, you don't give a shit about Lamar, and the Spurs are beating the Fakers no matter what, got it. Real original material from the spurfan.

z0sa
07-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Firstly, just try to keep the Mavs from plowing your chute again, sport.

Maybe Kobe will win one on his own one day. You know, without the help of every other contender enduring major injuries or Shaq.

KSeal
07-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Maybe Kobe will win one on his own one day. You know, without the help of every other contender enduring major injuries or Shaq.

Nah, he's not good enough.

z0sa
07-14-2009, 01:02 PM
So, Buss and Allen are exactly the same, Ariza>Artest, you don't give a shit about Lamar, and the Spurs are beating the Fakers no matter what, got it. Real original material from the spurfan.

weak

z0sa
07-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Nah, he's not good enough.

Baller? Yeah. Leader? No (ignoring your sarcasm). The 09 lakers, from top to bottom more stacked than even the 01 Lakers, made themselves look like underdogs half the time. Timmy, no other allstars and an inexperienced transitioning spurs team lost 1 more game (16-8) on their way to a title in 03 - dethroning the 3peat Lakers in the process. I mean, for anyone with experience and knowledge concerning the NBA, this title run was a joke for the Lakers. They proved nothing against the big boys. Next season a similar healthy Orlando team could destroy them for instance.

KSeal
07-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Baller? Yeah. Leader? No (ignoring your sarcasm). The 09 lakers, from top to bottom more stacked than even the 01 Lakers, made themselves look like underdogs half the time. Timmy, no other allstars and an inexperienced transitioning spurs team lost 1 more game (16-8) on their way to a title in 03 - dethroning the 3peat Lakers in the process. I mean, for anyone with experience and knowledge concerning the NBA, this title run was a joke for the Lakers. They proved nothing against the big boys. Next season a similar healthy Orlando team could destroy them for instance.

It's basketball, calm down. Lakers caught some great breaks and weren't very impressive at times, I agree. I'm looking forward to this next season to see how they fair, should be fun. Best of luck :toast

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Jeebus, the only thing more frustratingly unpredictable than Odom's free agency is Odom's play on the court.

David_Stern
07-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Well he had goddamn better get his act together and resign with the Lakers. If he doesn't, I'm making a Luke Walton for Dwight Howard trade happen come mid season. You can bet on it.

It's crazy that anyone would want to leave the team of the decade. The Lakers are in a league all by themselves when it comes to being winners. A real dynasty, unlike those chicken shit Spurs *.

LA24
07-14-2009, 01:23 PM
I mean, for anyone with experience and knowledge concerning the NBA...

Next season a similar healthy Orlando team could destroy them for instance.

Interesting.

KSeal
07-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Interesting.

Don't get started with him, trust me, complete waste of time.

Trainwreck2100
07-14-2009, 01:27 PM
He;s probably just waiting to see if Utah matches the Milsap offer, cause it he goes to portland there is nobody left

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Jeebus, the only thing more frustratingly unpredictable than Odom's free agency is Odom's play on the court.

Amen.

LA24
07-14-2009, 01:29 PM
90% of Spurstalk posters love Trainwreck, the other 10% are liars

I take it you're in the 10% ?

DrHouse
07-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Where is Odom going to get that kind of money is my question.

I know he is worth at least $10 million, but given the economy and upcoming 2010 offseason he cannot expect that. Also, the only teams with that kind of money to spend are Portland and OKC and I don't think either team has expressed an interest in him at this point.

The longer these negotiations drag on though the more doubtful I am that he will remain a Laker. Buss doesn't mess around during negotiations, I hope Odom and his agent realize that.

YoMamaIsCallin
07-14-2009, 01:35 PM
from ESPN TrueHoop:

Another comparision for Odom, from this summer's free agent market, is Hedo Turkoglu, who was also asking for $10 million a season, and reportedly received slightly more. They're very different small forwards -- Odom moonlights as a power forward, while Turkoglu plays stretches as a point guard -- but similar in that they're borderline stars for a Finals team.

By every measure, except those concerning passing, Odom's numbers look good compared to Turkoglu's. In this year's post-season, for instance, Turkoglu had a PER of 13.2 compared to Odom's 18, a true shooting percentage of 55% compared to Odom's 59%, and a total rebounding percentage of 7.3 which is less than half of Odom's 16.7.

That said, Turkoglu has value in creating shots for teammates. He assists on an estimated 21.6% of his teammates' shots when he's on the floor, compared with Odom's 9.1 rate.

What does it all mean?

It means that stats aren't the number one consideration in a player's value/worth to a team.

What GM would not want Turkoglu versus Odom?

Hedo is clutch. Hedo wants to win. Odom can be clutch sometimes, if he feels like it. But often he is a first half player whose attention wanders and who doesn't give effort when tired.

Hedo is a team player and tries to get others involved. Odom's head is off somewhere and he just plays the way he feels like playing. He can pass but he often doesn't.

Hedo understands what's required of him and when it's required. Odom is, apparently, not very coachable.

Like I said in an earlier post: a ten-cent head on top of a million-dollar body. Kind of like a less talented Rasheed Wallace.

TFloss32
07-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Well, the last time we had Odum we did win.

I bet this guy would keel over and die trying to spell V-U-J-A-C-I-C.

Odom/Dirk/Marion/Kidd/Terry/Howard 2010!

Nice to see the Mavs fans coming back to the forum with false hopes after Orlando matched Gortat yesterday. It was awfully quiet for a while. I hope you're not joking because it makes it that much more funny. I would love to see this happen for the Spurs' sake, but it looks like he's staying in LA or going to Portland.

jack sommerset
07-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Lakers don't need Odom. They have Artest!

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 01:41 PM
from ESPN TrueHoop:

It means that stats aren't the number one consideration in a player's value/worth to a team.

What GM would not want Turkoglu versus Odom?

Hedo is clutch. Hedo wants to win. Odom can be clutch sometimes, if he feels like it. But often he is a first half player whose attention wanders and who doesn't give effort when tired.

Hedo is a team player and tries to get others involved. Odom's head is off somewhere and he just plays the way he feels like playing. He can pass but he often doesn't.

Hedo understands what's required of him and when it's required. Odom is, apparently, not very coachable.

Like I said in an earlier post: a ten-cent head on top of a million-dollar body. Kind of like a less talented Rasheed Wallace.

Hedo is a funk & junker and he learned that art at the knee of Mr. Funk & Junk, Chris Webber. It's the art of competing to the breaking point and then doing something inexplicably reckless so as you're not held responsible thereafter. Barkley made a cottage industry of it as well. Now Barkley has to sit there next to Smith and reap the wind.

Mr. Body
07-14-2009, 01:43 PM
What I want to know is how THE HELL did Bynum sneak $12.5 million a season out of LA? My God.

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 01:43 PM
I bet this guy would keel over and die trying to spell V-U-J-A-C-I-C.

Nah, that wouldn't get yer goat like >Odum< does.

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 01:47 PM
What I want to know is how THE HELL did Bynum sneak $12.5 million a season out of LA? My God.

It was when Kobe would bust pass his defender and then inexplicably lift up for a 21 1/2 foot howitzer. Bynum figured: what the fuck I know he ain't drive gonna drive cuz hasn't in the like a coon's age, so, I'll settle right here where it's painted and wait for the rebound. No, no, Kobe gets a hair in his ass for like the first time in like 5 years and heads on in. Ipso facto, Bynum doesn't get the rebound.

Just shows to go ya.

Trainwreck2100
07-14-2009, 01:49 PM
I take it you're in the 10% ?

what?

tomtom
07-14-2009, 02:50 PM
If Utah matches and Odom still isn't signed there could be an opportunity...

Lets hope. Personally I don't think Millsap is worth what we're offering but he wouldn't be bad but it'd much nicer to have Odom and weaken the Lakers. Hell I'd be happy if the Thunder would try to have at him.

ffadicted
07-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Orlando matching Gortat may be a blessing in disguise after all lol.

Honestly though, Odom on either city makes that team pretty scary , but I guess it would be better for the spurs if he got moved.

Would be awfully hilarious if all spursfans were happy that Odom left LA and we ended up losing to the Mavs in the playoffs with Odom coming up huge.

anonoftheinternets
07-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Orlando matching Gortat may be a blessing in disguise after all lol.

Honestly though, Odom on either city makes that team pretty scary , but I guess it would be better for the spurs if he got moved.

Would be awfully hilarious if all spursfans were happy that Odom left LA and we ended up losing to the Mavs in the playoffs with Odom coming up huge.

Spurs_210
07-14-2009, 05:28 PM
It was when Kobe would bust pass his defender and then inexplicably lift up for a 21 1/2 foot howitzer. Bynum figured: what the fuck I know he ain't drive gonna drive cuz hasn't in the like a coon's age, so, I'll settle right here where it's painted and wait for the rebound. No, no, Kobe gets a hair in his ass for like the first time in like 5 years and heads on in. Ipso facto, Bynum doesn't get the rebound.

Just shows to go ya.
?

Banzai
07-14-2009, 05:37 PM

Just shows to go ya.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/wtf_is_this_2.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=1288)

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
210, Banz, please forget that one. I let my mouth overload my ass. It was pompous & quite silly.

DAF86
07-14-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm not going to lie: I want Odom out of LA but if his other choice is Dallas I'd rather see him staying with the Lakers.

HarlemHeat37
07-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Why?..Odom leaving LA is much more important..they'd have arguably the worst bench in the entire NBA, and they would lose the big men depth that has had a significant part in their success..

Odom can't go to Dallas anyways, but I wouldn't really worry about him going there..Dallas isn't a concern for me if we're healthy..I'd still be more concerned with LA without Odom, than I would be with Dallas with Odom..

DAF86
07-14-2009, 05:53 PM
I have an idea: the Thunder signs Odom for 10 mil then they trade him to the Spurs for the expiring contracts of Finley, Bonner, Mason and Williams some cash consideration and Splitter rights. I'd go for that if I were the OKC's GM :D

P/S: How is it? : "If I were" or "If I was"

redzero
07-14-2009, 05:56 PM

Just shows to go ya.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7642/rkellyi.gif

ffadicted
07-14-2009, 05:57 PM
I have an idea: the Thunder signs Odom for 10 mil then they trade him to the Spurs for the expiring contracts of Finley, Bonner, Mason and Williams some cash consideration and Splitter rights. I'd go for that if I'm the OKC's GM :D

:nope lol

Culburn369
07-14-2009, 06:15 PM
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7642/rkellyi.gif

lmao!!!!!!!

La Peace
07-14-2009, 06:17 PM

Just shows to go ya.

lmfao, starting to like you.

DAF86
07-14-2009, 06:27 PM
I have an idea: the Thunder signs Odom for 10 mil then they trade him to the Spurs for the expiring contracts of Finley, Bonner, Mason and Williams some cash consideration and Splitter rights. I'd go for that if I were the OKC's GM :D

P/S: How is it? : "If I were" or "If I was"

I made that as a kind of a joke, but give me a serious answer to this:

If you were the Thunder's GM wouldn't you go this?:

Sign Odom for 10 mil and then trade him to the Spurs for Blair, Hill, Mahinmi and whatever other expiring contract you need to make the salaries match plus some cash, Splitter's rights and a draft pick.

The thunder would be getting four promising young players, cash and a draft pick. I think that should be something to consider.