PDA

View Full Version : Auditions for 'Next Food Network Star' (Austin)

JudynTX
07-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Do you have what it takes to be the Next Food Network Star? :D

Attention South Texas cooks: You don't have much time to get ready, but if you're convinced you just might be the "Next Food Network Star," you need to head to Austin.

Auditions are being held for the sixth season of the show at the Hyatt Regency Austin from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday, July 17, and it's the only audition in this region.

The show gives 10 chef wannabes the chance to compete for the ultimate dream job: his or her own Food Network show. Season five is now airing at 8 p.m. on Sundays.

The Austin audition is one of eight held nationwide. Both professional and amateur chefs are encouraged to apply.

A release from Food Network says they're looking for: "Strong culinary skills, personality that pops, passion for cooking, food knowledge and lots of energy and enthusiasm. Contestant hopefuls should bring a completed application, two recent photographs, and resume and/or bio to the auditions, where they will meet with network casting directors. Interested candidates unable to attend an open casting call may submit a three-minute audition video explaining why he or she should be Food Network's newest star. For applications, contest rules, and submission instructions visit www.FoodNetwork.com/Star."

The auditions are at the Hyatt Regency Austin Downtown on the Lake, 208 Barton Springs Road in Austin.

link (http://http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/food/2009/07/auditions-for-next-food-networ.html)

BacktoBasics
07-14-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm tired of that fat Asian. She can go to hell.

JudynTX
07-14-2009, 01:14 PM

:lol :lol She continues to let us know she's half Korean.

JoeChalupa
07-14-2009, 01:23 PM
I think the "Dad" may take this one.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2009, 01:28 PM
I think the "Dad" may take this one.He's pretty good if he can find a way to put out some decent tasting food. The underdog Housewife is making a solid push too.

JudynTX
07-14-2009, 02:13 PM
I think the "Dad" may take this one.

I think the housewife is going to win this year.

JoeChalupa
07-14-2009, 02:26 PM
I think the housewife is going to win this year.

Is she the one that cries every episode?

SpursWoman
07-14-2009, 02:28 PM
I actually really like the housewife (the blonde) ... I would watch her if she had a show. The Korean girl really pissed me off in the last episode so I hope her ass is gone soon.

The one that cries all the time is Jamica ... lol.

mrsmaalox
07-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Where's Cosmic Cowboy? He needs to do this. We need to make an audition tape ASAP!!

JoeChalupa
07-14-2009, 02:31 PM
I actually really like the housewife (the blonde) ... I would watch her if she had a show. The Korean girl really pissed me off in the last episode so I hope her ass is gone soon.

The one that cries all the time is Jamica ... lol.

Yeah, Debbie was doing great until the last episode. I've seen Melissa cry more than anyone though. :lol But I do agree she has a good shot at winning it all. I think Jamika will be eliminated next.

DoubtingThomas
07-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Where's Cosmic Cowboy? He needs to do this. We need to make an audition tape ASAP!!

Isn't he a richer and can make his own show?

SpursWoman
07-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Yeah, Debbie was doing great until the last episode. I've seen Melissa cry more than anyone though. :lol But I do agree she has a good shot at winning it all. I think Jamika will be eliminated next.

Yeah ... she does cry, doesn't she? Granted a lot of that was because of the asshole triplets ... and now they're gone. :lol

I like Jamika ... but she's really been bad for several weeks now. :fro

Mark in Austin
07-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm just glad that cunt Teddy is out.

JudynTX
07-14-2009, 02:46 PM

Is he good in front of a camera? :hat

Mark in Austin
07-14-2009, 02:46 PM
oh, I think I'd watch a show with Melissa before anybody else left. But not sure if it would be weekly must-see TV.

CosmicCowboy
07-14-2009, 03:50 PM

:lmao

It would be entertaining as hell, that's for sure. I can just see me showing up for the audition with an ice chest full of Shiner Bock and telling them I can't BBQ without Beer...:lol

And the way those guys are so anally sanitary PC when they cook poultry...they would shit bricks watching me get chickens ready for the pit...I rub/season them inside and outside the skin which requires a lot of hands on fondling...it's almost erotic...:lol

mrsmaalox
07-14-2009, 04:31 PM

It would be entertaining as hell, that's for sure. I can just see me showing up for the audition with an ice chest full of Shiner Bock and telling them I can't BBQ without Beer...:lol

And the way those guys are so anally sanitary PC when they cook poultry...they would shit bricks watching me get chickens ready for the pit...I rub/season them inside and outside the skin which requires a lot of hands on fondling...it's almost erotic...:lol

Just buy those chickens dinner, they won't mind!

CosmicCowboy
07-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Just buy those chickens dinner, they won't mind!

cornbread
07-14-2009, 06:31 PM

I knew that bitch was bad news in the first episode when she didn't get everybody elses ingredients on the list and then bragged about being under-budget.

Dex
07-14-2009, 06:35 PM
I would try out, but something tells me my grilled cheese won't wow them.

"I use White Bread in my grilled cheese....you know, cause I'm American!"

JoeChalupa
07-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Well, it is down to two left....The Dad against the The Mom.

I'm rooting for the Dad to win.

clambake
07-27-2009, 02:17 PM
so, her mom didn't just die......

EricB
07-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Yes!!! Debbie the bitch is gone! She shouldve been gone a long ass time ago

JoeChalupa
07-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Yes!!! Debbie the bitch is gone! She shouldve been gone a long ass time ago

I don't understand the hate for her at all. Her cooking wasn't bad but I think her "korean" attitude turned some people off.

clambake
07-27-2009, 02:29 PM
I don't understand the hate for her at all. Her cooking wasn't bad but I think her "korean" attitude turned some people off.

she caved under criticism, and got all weepy.

Dark Gable
07-27-2009, 02:32 PM
she caved under criticism, and got all weepy.

All the women shed tears under criticism. My sister Jemeka just couldn't handle multi-tasking.

clambake
07-27-2009, 02:38 PM
jemeka didn't claim that the judges were "picking on her".