PDA

View Full Version : Something's gotta give

Old School 44
07-14-2009, 12:55 PM
In reading the thread about who is going to lead the team in scoring this year, many posters listed the players with their average points per game.
If you add some of the posters lists/ppg up, the team would average 110+ points per game!

Considering our recent history and the tempo we play, is it possible for us to average that many points? I’d say no, but if that’s the case, someone’s production/minutes are going to drop. Finley and Bonner for sure, but who else?

vander
07-14-2009, 12:59 PM
so do I reply in this thread? or start my own thread to reply?

Mr. Body
07-14-2009, 01:00 PM
I think you're supposed to start a new thread each time.

Old School 44
Sorry, I didn't want to hijack the other thread.

in2deep
good point. I think Manu's will drop. Duncan's will drop. RJ's will definitely drop. But Spurs should still be able to average around 95-100ppg

TP 22ppg
Manu 12ppg
RJ 15ppg
TD 15ppg
Dice 10ppg

Rest of Team 25ppg

coyotes_geek
07-14-2009, 01:07 PM
I'd expect Tony's scoring average to stay around 20 simply because of how often the ball is in his hands. It's Jefferson and Manu who I think are going to see the biggest drop between their traditional PPG averages and what they'll put up next year. The role players like Mason and Bonner will probably see their PPG drop because they'll be getting less minutes, but on a per minute basis I don't think there the ones who will be sacrificing offense. The shots those guys get have always come as a result of other teams being more worried about other players and those same opportunities will still exist.

Old School 44
07-14-2009, 01:12 PM
I'd expect Tony's scoring average to stay around 20 simply because of how often the ball is in his hands. It's Jefferson and Manu who I think are going to see the biggest drop between their traditional PPG averages and what they'll put up next year. The role players like Mason and Bonner will probably see their PPG drop because they'll be getting less minutes, but on a per minute basis I don't think there the ones who will be sacrificing offense. The shots those guys get have always come as a result of other teams being more worried about other players and those same opportunities will still exist.

Yeah, I think Tony will be the only one to average 20 ppg. I look for a very balanced attack with on any given night Tim, RJ or Manu going for 25+.

TMTTRIO
07-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Now that we have RJ I don't see Manu playing very much so I think his ppg is really going to drop off. I see Tony and Tim still averaging about the same.

HarlemHeat37
07-14-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm gonna say I'd be surprised if anybody on the team averages 20, even Tony..everybody will have a drop-off, except for Hill IMO..

I'm expecting a lot more blow-outs this season..obviously I'm expecting Duncan and Manu to play less minutes as well, and probably McDyess..

Old School 44
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
I am also expecting a lot more blowouts. I think as a team, we will average about 103-105 per contest. I know that may seem like a lot for us, but this may be our best line up from top to bottom ever.