PDA

View Full Version : Boozer says he will be traded relatively soon, will talk to everyones media but Utah'

jayman2582
07-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Where's he gonna go?

<H2>Utah Jazz: Boozer tells Chicago radio he expects a trade

By Tim Buckley (http://www.deseretnews.com/site/staff/250/Tim-Buckley.html)
Deseret News

Published: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:16 p.m. MDT

Jazz power forward Carlos Boozer told a Chicago radio station today that he expects to soon be traded, and that he'll be happy if he is.

According to a transcript from WMVP 1000-AM, the ESPN affiliate in Chicago, Boozer — who has not spoken to Utah media since the Jazz's season ended in late April — said this when asked if he thought he'd be dealt:

"Yeah, I do. I had a talk with the Jazz. The Jazz told me they want to go in a different direction and I respect their decision. We mutually agreed to work out a trade that was beneficial for them and beneficial for my family and me. So with that being said I'm gonna be traded relatively soon or in good time."

Rumors circulating today have Chicago, Miami, New York and Detroit among potential destinations for Boozer, a two-time NBA All-Star who has been on the trade block since he decided late last month to opt in for the final year and $12.65 million on his current contract with the Jazz.

"We'll see what happens," Boozer said when asked by the radio station if Chicago is his favored destination.

"I mean, I'd love to be a part of the Chicago Bulls," he added. "A lot of that lies in the Utah Jazz' hands, but we'll see what they wanna do, and hopefully I'll do what's best for me as well. If it happens I'll be very happy."

</H2>

ElNono
07-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Guess Utah got tired of his soft ass... good for them.

La Peace
07-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Good for Boozer

He gets PAID and he doesn't have to stay in UTAH.

IronMexican
07-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Thank you Jack Haley.

jacobdrj
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
I would love to visit Utah. Never been there. Not like I have much of a night life. Maybe Booz does. Now that BoozGotPaid got paid, he can have the night life of a great city like Chicago to blow it in...

jazzypimp
07-14-2009, 01:57 PM
why is he talking to chicago media for?? does he think he's going to the bulls or something?

BRHornet45
07-14-2009, 02:00 PM
sons there are very few players that I pray for career ending injuries for ... Boozer is one of them.

jazzypimp
07-14-2009, 02:03 PM
sons there are very few players that I pray for career ending injuries for ... Boozer is one of them.

BR who is that fine lookin lady in ur last post?

BRHornet45
07-14-2009, 02:04 PM

son that is Vida Guerra. god bless

mardigan
07-14-2009, 02:04 PM

Vida Guerra.

And Stein has an article today talking about Boozer going to the Heat for Haslim and James Jones.

jacobdrj
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
He didn't wanna play with Bron, so instead he plays for D-Wade? And Spolestra as a coach!?!?

Pat would be insane to take him.

DO IT PAT!

jazzypimp
07-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Vida Guerra.

And Stein has an article today talking about Boozer going to the Heat for Haslim and James Jones.

Dude... shoot me... why the hell would the jazz want that... WTF??? I hope that shit isn't true..

jazzypimp
07-14-2009, 02:10 PM
can someone post steins article on here.. I can't access espn.com from work.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-14-2009, 02:12 PM
if Boozer wasn't such an f'n softy he would make Miami a contender.

Jermaine O'Neal
Carlos Boozer
Michael Beasey
D-Wade
Mario Chalmers

On paper there's no reason why that team can't contend.

mardigan
07-14-2009, 02:13 PM
No concrete evidence has materialized -- yet -- that the Heat are preparing to send Udonis Haslem's expiring contract to Utah for the expiring contract of Carlos Boozer.

But one trade scenario, presented online Monday by David Aldridge of TNT and NBA.com, would appear to have some promise for the Jazz, who long to find a way to move Boozer and take back less money, which generally requires the involvement of a third team.

Trading Haslem and James Jones to the Jazz would allow Miami to give Boozer a one-season test drive without endangering its 2010 salary-cap space and conceivably help Utah out by fitting C.J. Miles into its $4.3 million trade exception in exchange for a future draft pick in another transaction.

It's also true that the Jazz have until February to find a new trade home for Boozer before the luxury-tax implications of matching Portland's offer sheet to Paul Millsap start setting in. Which means they don't have to rush and make the first Boozer trade they can complete.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=Chatter-090714

iggypop123
07-14-2009, 02:50 PM
rich bucher says chicago is now the favorite

Mr. Body
07-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Boozer is traded.

Milsap is matched.

Portland goes for Odom.

LA either loses him or overpays in years and money.

Bing, Bang, Boom.

jazzypimp
07-14-2009, 03:03 PM
rich bucher says chicago is now the favorite

wait where did you see that?

Spursmania
07-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Boozer is traded.

Milsap is matched.

Portland goes for Odom.

Bing, Bang, Boom.

:tu

You forgot one more thing.

Somehow Mavs get screwed again.

Bing, Bang, Boom, Bang Fixed.

hater
07-14-2009, 03:31 PM

Jermaine O'Neal
Carlos Boozer
Michael Beasey
D-Wade
Mario Chalmers

You're joking right? Jermaine is done, has been done for the last few years

Double-Up
07-14-2009, 03:45 PM

Jermaine O'Neal - DONE
Carlos Boozer - Injury prone
Michael Beasey - Still coming into his own
D-Wade - No need for words
Mario Chalmers - Who?

On paper there's plenty of reasons why that team can't contend.

Fixed.

iggypop123
07-14-2009, 04:49 PM
wait where did you see that?

espn news interview

21_Blessings
07-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Portland goes for Odom.

Bing, Bang, Boom.

Portland doesn't even want Odom.

The Lakers are already offering Odom more than the Blazers can pay him. Who cares if he is overpaid when the Lakers are already capped out.

Bing, Bang, Boo...holy shit you're a loser. Much like your Spurs when they see the Lakers in the playoffs or attempt to repeat.

bigdog
07-14-2009, 06:11 PM

Jermaine O'Neal
Carlos Boozer
Michael Beasey
D-Wade
Mario Chalmers

And if they somehow get Me, Myself, and Iverson for cheap? It would look damn good on paper, but there's no way they can all share the ball.

Kindergarten Cop
07-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Portland doesn't even want Odom.

The Lakers are already offering Odom more than the Blazers can pay him. Who cares if he is overpaid when the Lakers are already capped out.

Bing, Bang, Boo...holy shit you're a loser. Much like your Spurs when they see the Lakers in the playoffs or attempt to repeat.

I thought that Odom was wanting $10M+ and the reports from the Lakers are that they are offering just over $8M/yr. The Blazers' offer sheet to Milsap has him slated to make $10.3M in his first year. Why wouldn't the Blazers be able to give Odom $10M/yr if Utah matches the offer sheet for Milsap?

jag
07-14-2009, 06:59 PM

Jermaine O'Neal
Carlos Boozer
Michael Beasey
D-Wade
Mario Chalmers

Beasley and Boozer play the same pos.

He played well at the end of this past season, so there's no real reason to think he's "done."

21_Blessings
07-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Why wouldn't the Blazers be able to give Odom $10M/yr if Utah matches the offer sheet for Milsap?

Portland is 7.7m under the salary cap.

Thing with Milsap is the signing bonus if the Jazz match.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-14-2009, 07:29 PM

Yeah and you also said Turkoglu was the Magic's best player.

Kindergarten Cop
07-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Portland is 7.7m under the salary cap.

Thing with Milsap is the signing bonus if the Jazz match.

From what I've read, Portland currently has 11 players under contract for just over $48.6M and the salary cap is $57.7M. That would leave them around $9M under the cap, no?

Besides, how could they offer a signing bonus that would be exempt from the cap?

EDIT: I've now found a few articles that match the 7.7M figure that you stated. I'm curious though, how the offer sheet for Milsap works if they are able to offer him more than $10M up front.

duncan228
07-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Boozer expects to be traded 'relatively soon' (http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_12837990)
By Steve Luhm
The Salt Lake Tribune

Utah Jazz power forward Carlos Boozer told a Chicago radio station Tuesday that he expects to be traded "relatively soon" and would "love" to play for the Bulls.

In an interview on WMVP, Boozer also confirmed a story first reported by The Salt Lake Tribune that he recently talked to Jazz officials about his future and was told the team planned to go "in a different direction" -- a decision he "respected."

"... We mutually agreed to work out a trade that was beneficial for them and beneficial for me and my family," said Boozer. "So with that being said, I'm going to be traded relatively soon -- or in good time."

Boozer had not spoken publicly since deciding June 30 to play the final year of his contract at $12.7 million rather than opting for free agency.

Chicago, Miami, Detroit, New York and Golden State are possible destinations for the Jazz forward. Dallas might have joined the group of suitors Monday after their offer sheet to restricted free agent center Marcin Gortat was matched by Orlando.

According to Boozer, he "definitely heard a little rumbling" about a possible trade involving Utah and the Bulls.

"... Whether it will go down or not, that's kind of between the Jazz and Chicago," he said. "But obviously, if I did get traded to Chicago, I'd love to be part of the Bulls."

Why?

Boozer called the Bulls "a great organization, top-notch from top to bottom. They do things very professionally there. At the same time, they have a good group of talent there. ...

"If I was able to come there, I'd bring a lot, especially in the low post and being a leader as well. We'll see what happens.

Reached Tuesday afternoon, Jazz vice president Kevin O'Connor was asked about Boozer's declaration that he anticipates being traded.

"No comment," O'Connor said.

In Utah, Boozer played with Olympic point guard Deron Williams.

In Chicago, point guard Derrick Rose was the NBA's Rookie of the Year.

"They're both big-body point guards [with] incredible speed and quickness," Boozer said. "... I see a lot of similarities."

Boozer called Rose "... probably the most athletic point guard I've seen. He grew up a lot during the course of [last] season [and] had a monster playoff series -- a memorable one -- with Boston.

"Bright future. Very talented. Very humble. I love his demeanor. He never seems shaken, never seems too excited. He always has the same Tim Duncan look. You never know if you're up by 20 or down by 20."

Boozer signed with the Jazz prior to the 2004-05 season.

His best seasons in Utah were the ones when he managed to stay injury-free.

In 2006-07, when the Jazz reached the Western Conference finals, Boozer averaged 20.9 points and 11.7 rebounds in 74 games. In 2007-08, he averaged 21.1 points and 10.4 rebounds in 81 games.

Injuries, however, have been a constant problem for Boozer.

In Utah, he played in 276 regular-season games but missed another 134 because of injuries.

Asked if he can stay healthy, Boozer told the Bulls' flagship station, " Absolutely. I've had a couple of spells, injuries that I can't control. But my body feels 100 percent. I'm healthy and doing really well.

"I'm looking forward to next season so much -- to prove to everybody that I can play through the whole season and, at the same time, to dominate again. So I'm looking forward to it.

One problem the Jazz face in trying to trade Boozer involves his contract.

After declining the chance to opt-out and become a free agent this summer, Boozer is owed $12.7 million for next season.

He becomes an unrestricted free agent in 2010, meaning any team acquiring him would probably like assurances he will sign an extension.

"I'd definitely be open to signing an extension" with the Bulls, Boozer said. "... That would be something me and my agent would explore right away."

Reporter Ross Siler contributed to this story

VivaPopovich
07-14-2009, 09:51 PM
so much for this crap about Boozer being the next Malone lol

KidCongo
07-14-2009, 10:26 PM
4 times a year of Shaq and LeBron bullying Boozer and Noah.

YellowFever
07-15-2009, 12:23 AM
From what I've read, Portland currently has 11 players under contract for just over $48.6M and the salary cap is $57.7M. That would leave them around $9M under the cap, no?

Portland, much like the Lakers are not so much worried about the coming year but the 2010 season and on.

They got two major guys with expirings next year.

They got one guy who'll obviously be wanting max money and another guy who'll be wanting a deal in the 50-70 million range.

ducks
07-15-2009, 12:34 AM
boozer for odom fuck it

21_Blessings
07-15-2009, 12:42 AM
I'll take Boozer thanks. Jumper and IQ is perfect for the triangle. Phil and Mitch have been after before. And he rebounds just as well as Odom.

Girasuck
07-15-2009, 10:20 AM
When you get a "No Comment" from Kevin O'Conner, it's as good him saying Boozer is gone. KOC usually whips out the "no comment" talk when something is going down. If it's complete bull shit, he'll go into detail about it.

Phillip
07-15-2009, 10:35 AM
I'll take Boozer thanks. Jumper and IQ is perfect for the triangle. Phil and Mitch have been after before. And he rebounds just as well as Odom.
No way the Jazz trade him to the Lakers.