PDA

View Full Version : Boozer for Rip Hamilton?

tlongII
07-14-2009, 02:00 PM
That's what I'm currently hearing.

jazzypimp
07-14-2009, 02:02 PM
That's what I'm currently hearing.

F**k no... I dont want rip... he is like 30 something with 5 more years left at a huge price... hell no.. i would rather have tyrus thomas than that deal..

Pistons < Spurs
07-14-2009, 02:07 PM
I'll take it.

iggypop123
07-14-2009, 02:11 PM
the toxic contract wont allow it

Mr. Body
07-14-2009, 02:18 PM
This rumor has been around for more than a week.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-14-2009, 02:18 PM
F**k no... I dont want rip... he is like 30 something with 5 more years left at a huge price... hell no.. i would rather have tyrus thomas than that deal..

I agree with you, and I'm not really one to focus on the positive, BUT

D-Will
Rip
AK-47
Millsap
Okur

Not a bad lineup for the near future. Rip fits in perfectly for them because he can do work w/o the ball in his hands.

jacobdrj
07-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Rip and D-Will would be a good combo. Better than Billups and Rip. Rip has proven he can 'deal' with attitude problem coaches like Larry, so Jerry should be a walk in the park for him. The Jazz get rid of the cancer that is Booz, get an upgrade with Millsap.

I just don't see why the Pistons would do it...

iggypop123
07-14-2009, 02:47 PM
newest rumor is chicago as favorites

jacobdrj
07-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Good point. But I don't see Rip's contract as toxic. If anything, it is quite reasonable. Perhaps not with Gordon on the roster, but I didn't necessarily view that as a problem. IMHO Adding Booz would be as toxic as adding AI last season.
Granted more cap space for 2010 is nice, but the reality is all the big names are going elsewhere and some harsh locker-room dynamics in the mean time.

I said this before: If the Pistons get Booz, I have license to 'not care' during his tenure.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Rip and D-Will would be a good combo. Better than Billups and Rip. Rip has proven he can 'deal' with attitude problem coaches like Larry, so Jerry should be a walk in the park for him. The Jazz get rid of the cancer that is Booz, get an upgrade with Millsap.

I just don't see why the Pistons would do it...

I agree with all of this except for better than Billups and Rip. On offense it would be better than Billups and Rip, but the Billups and Rip back court is one of the best overall back courts of all time. I didn't get to watch them very much but I loved watching the Billups Rip Prince Wallace Wallace Pistons team probably almost as much as the Pistons fans on this site.

doubledribble
07-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Yep, that's how it went down. I'll take it

Thunder Dan
07-14-2009, 03:12 PM
I hope he gets a rare disese and has to sit at home for the rest of his life staring at a wall and never gets to play again. If nothing else, I hope he breaks both of his legs

Ryvin1
07-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Does this mean Utah is matching the RFA offer?

urunobili
07-14-2009, 03:28 PM
That would mean that Millsap will be a Jazz... and maybe Odom a Blazer... :stirpot:

Bob Lanier
07-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Rip's contract is not unreasonable. He'll be playing at a very high level for at least 6 more years, and he's only under contract for four, including this one.

I agree with all of this except for better than Billups and Rip. On offense it would be better than Billups and Rip, but the Billups and Rip back court is one of the best overall back courts of all time.
So, better on offense but not better overall?

Williams is certainly a better defender than Billups ever was.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Williams is certainly a better defender than Billups ever was.

I don't watch a whole lot of either one but the Jazz are an average at best defensive team. Billups got traded to Denver and turned them into a good defensive team when they were one of the worst defensive teams. From the little I can base it off of, IMO Billups > Williams on defense.

jayman2582
07-14-2009, 04:12 PM
I don't watch a whole lot of either one but the Jazz are an average at best defensive team. Billups got traded to Denver and turned them into a good defensive team when they were one of the worst defensive teams. From the little I can base it off of, IMO Billups > Williams on defense.

except williams burns billups everytime LOL

Bob Lanier
07-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Actually, Denver's defense during the '09 season was fractionally worse than during the '08 season (106.8 points per 100 possessions vs. 106.3). They just played at a much slower pace, which can be attributed to Billups, rebounded a little better, which can probably be attributed to Nene's replacing Camby's stat-whoring ass, and fouled more, which lowered their opponents' field goal percentage but increased their free throw attempts.

It was their offense that got better with Billups.

And yes, Billups is a better defender than Allen Iverson, but a point guard under the rules your former owner had put in place can't do much in any case on that end of the floor. It's up to big men to protect the paint now more than it was in the '90s, and Boozer and Okur don't really do much of that.