PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Acquire Rights to David Andersen [Euroleague Center]

Kai
07-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Rockets Acquire Rights to David Andersen
Australian big man headed to Houston

Houston - The Houston Rockets began the process of bolstering their frontline today, acquiring the rights to 6-11 center David Andersen in a trade with the Atlanta Hawks. In return for the Australian big man, Houston is sending cash and future considerations to Atlanta.

Andersen, 29, was originally selected by Atlanta in the second round (37th overall) in the 2002 NBA Draft. He joins the Rockets after spending the 2008-09 season with Regal FC Barcelona.

“David has been a winner with every team he has played for in Europe,” says Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey. “He is a very well-rounded player who possesses good offensive skills and a very good shooting touch for a big man. David is a versatile post player who should fit well in Coach (Rick) Adelman’s system.”

A native of Carlton, Victoria in Australia, Andersen averaged 11.1 points and 4.1 in helping FC Barcelona to the Euroleague Final Four this past season.

He was also a member of Australia's men's basketball team during the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. Andersen averaged 6.5 points and 3.5 rebounds for the tournament.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_Acquire_Rights_to_Davi-319162-34.html

This is our new big man. I'm not very excited, but this is how I felt when we got Scola. :wakeup

Fa-y6YgQKEQ

xyPw2G2WPsM

200 miles
07-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Hello, repeat trip to '10 semis. :hat

nil.ball
07-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Luis v2.0c

ElNono
07-14-2009, 06:20 PM
If he can play for 82 games he will be an improvement already...

nil.ball
07-14-2009, 06:22 PM
If he can play ANY one of the 82 games he will be an improvement already...

Fixed :lol

Rogue
07-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Another V-Span instead of Scola. :lol

djohn2oo8
07-14-2009, 06:33 PM
We got this guy for cash? Good pickup Morey

Kai
07-14-2009, 06:39 PM
I wonder if this guy can be the high-post center that Adelman loves to implement into his motion offense.

djohn2oo8
07-14-2009, 06:43 PM
I read somewhere that the Rox are interested in Ramon Sessions and Marquis Daniels

jag
07-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Marquis Daniels

would be a solid pickup

Nahtanoj
07-14-2009, 06:49 PM
First heard about this kid back in 1998 here in Aussieland, glad to see he has finally made it into the NBA.

wireonfire
07-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Underwhelmed.

Mr. Body
07-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Houston spending a lot of money this offseason.

Kai
07-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Houston spending a lot of money this offseason.

We use our injury exception on Ariza and probably less than half the MLE on Anderson. We haven't spent too much.

Reeko_Htown
07-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Spending Money on young cheap talent is always better than throwing the MLE at 34 years.

robbie380
07-14-2009, 08:04 PM
We use our injury exception on Ariza and probably less than half the MLE on Anderson. We haven't spent too much.

well we've spend 6 million on 2nd round picks and who knows how much cash we gave up for andersen. i'd guess around a million since we also gave up a future 2nd.

robbie380
07-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Spending Money on young cheap talent is always better than throwing the MLE at 34 years.

fyi andersen is 29

Kai
07-14-2009, 08:14 PM
well we've spend 6 million on 2nd round picks and who knows how much cash we gave up for andersen. i'd guess around a million since we also gave up a future 2nd.

I was only talking about what will actually affect the salary cap.

robbie380
07-14-2009, 08:15 PM
I was only talking about what will actually affect the salary cap.

this move would basically signal that we aren't going after a max player in 2010.

Kai
07-14-2009, 08:17 PM
this move would basically signal that we aren't going after a max player in 2010.

Agreed. In fact, the cap being shortened like it's going to be next year will pretty much screwed up our chances at a max player through free-agency.

djohn2oo8
07-14-2009, 08:29 PM
David Alderige mentions Houston as a possibility for Boozer:

"If Houston wants to hedge its bets against Yao Ming's future, and give Luis Scola some help inside, if only for a year, it has the document -- Tracy McGrady's expiring $22 million contract -- to get to chatting. It's unlikely Utah would part with Boozer and Matt Harpring, long a Sloan favorite, for basketball reasons. But that would be a relatively painless way for the Miller family to get out of tax hell relatively quickly."

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/13/millsap.offer/index.html

Roxsfan
07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Splash.

This guy can drain the three ball too.

Scola part 2.

Kai
07-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Splash.

This guy can drain the three ball too.

Scola part 2.

Who is that in your avatar?

KidCongo
07-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Everytime I've seen him play I thought he played below average. But lots of people rave on about him sometimes.

rapliketp
07-14-2009, 09:54 PM

"If Houston wants to hedge its bets against Yao Ming's future, and give Luis Scola some help inside, if only for a year, it has the document -- Tracy McGrady's expiring $22 million contract -- to get to chatting. It's unlikely Utah would part with Boozer and Matt Harpring, long a Sloan favorite, for basketball reasons. But that would be a relatively painless way for the Miller family to get out of tax hell relatively quickly."

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/13/millsap.offer/index.html

Is Aldridge getting kickback from Utah? Nobody wants to help the Jazz.

djohn2oo8
07-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Is Aldridge getting kickback from Utah? Nobody wants to help the Jazz.

:lmao

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Another V-Span instead of Scola. :lol

You are a fucking moron.

Spanoulis > Scola > Andersen

Andersen is also good enough to be a good NBA player you tool.

Indazone
07-15-2009, 02:10 AM

Please....no

Indazone
07-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Anderson reminds me of Brad Miller. I think he's the high post passing center that Adleman has been craving to run his motion offense. He is rated defensively weak but can pick and pop from the three point line. He can also drive with the ball. Prototypical European Big Man. Not really a strong post up player. Scola will be better than him in that department. But if you put Anderson, Scola and Battier on the floor with Brooks and Ariza I like our chances. We are going to need a hell of a lot more scoring out of Brooks and Scola though. Ariza is really going to have to step up his game.

Oh and I like how we got him for cash. We still got money to burn and all our guys.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-15-2009, 03:33 AM
Anderson reminds me of Brad Miller. I think he's the high post passing center that Adleman has been craving to run his motion offense. He is rated defensively weak but can pick and pop from the three point line. He can also drive with the ball. Prototypical European Big Man. Not really a strong post up player. Scola will be better than him in that department. But if you put Anderson, Scola and Battier on the floor with Brooks and Ariza I like our chances. We are going to need a hell of a lot more scoring out of Brooks and Scola though. Ariza is really going to have to step up his game.

Oh and I like how we got him for cash. We still got money to burn and all our guys.

He is not like Miller. Andersen is very very very very very very SOFT player. He is also really a power forward. I do not know why the fuck Rockets is calling him a center. I will say for certain Morey has never seen him play ever.

Andersen will not rebound or defend against anyone that is physical with him. Also Andersen will not score in offense when other team gets physical with him.

Andersen is way better on offense than Miller. I mean he is far better than Miller in offense. There is not much similarity at all between Andersen and Miller.

MI21
07-15-2009, 03:47 AM
Judging by what I have seen of Andersen with the Australian national team, he is not a rotation player in the NBA. I have always been puzzled as to why he is regarded as one of the better big men not in the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-15-2009, 04:00 AM
Judging by what I have seen of Andersen with the Australian national team, he is not a rotation player in the NBA. I have always been puzzled as to why he is regarded as one of the better big men not in the NBA.

He cannot play in FIBA game. In ULEB style game he can be very good and should be the same in NBA style game. In FIBA style game he is total trash.

naico
07-15-2009, 04:05 AM
From everything i've seen of him, this guy doesn't belong in the nba.

mogrovejo
07-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Great offensive player, but soft as pillows. This is a guy smart coaches will defend with Bruce Bowens and James Poseys. Very skilled though - that's why he's one of the best big man playing outside the NBA: can create his shot, fantastic shooter and excellent passer. You better be ready to play 4 vs 5 on defence though.

Adelman will like him, he's probably a top-10 passing big man these days. Make it top-5.

noob cake
07-15-2009, 05:47 AM
We can now totally run Sloan's fag offense with Okur/Anderson camping the three point line.

No center in paint or open three pointer biatch

djohn2oo8
07-15-2009, 07:51 AM
The Lakers had Pau Gasol, the King of softies.....Not sayin this will translate into alot of wins or anything, let's just see how this turns out. For all we know, there could be another move to be made waiting in the wings

Hemotivo
07-15-2009, 08:15 AM
sorry but gasol is way better than this guy

but good signing

djohn2oo8
07-15-2009, 08:18 AM
There is a rumor that the Rox are also interested in Chris Wilcox

dougp
07-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Already had someone walk up to me and tell me he's going to be awesome.

If anything, this gives us yet another reason to beat the Rockets. They now have no one to guard Duncan, and I doubt Andersen has the BBIQ to guard McDyess ...

sandman
07-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Already had someone walk up to me and tell me he's going to be awesome.

If anything, this gives us yet another reason to beat the Rockets. They now have no one to guard Duncan, and I doubt Andersen has the BBIQ to guard McDyess ...

Doug, SportsRadio610 had an interview with the Rockets director of player development or someone like that from the organization. I swear he utilized references to Bargnani AND Gasol in his assessment of what Andersen brings to the table.

29 year old Aussie that has played Euro ball for his whole career, averaged 11ppg/4 rpg last year for FC Barcelona, and picked up his rights from Atlanta for CASH?

Color me underwhelmed, regardless of all the Scola 2.0 talk on local sports radio.

Oh, speaking of Scola, Adam Clanton on the 610 morning show today was attempting to convince everyone that if made the primary offensive option, Scola could easily be a 20/10 man.

Kai
07-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Doug, SportsRadio610 had an interview with the Rockets director of player development or someone like that from the organization. I swear he utilized references to Bargnani AND Gasol in his assessment of what Andersen brings to the table.

29 year old Aussie that has played Euro ball for his whole career, averaged 11ppg/4 rpg last year for FC Barcelona, and picked up his rights from Atlanta for CASH?

Color me underwhelmed, regardless of all the Scola 2.0 talk on local sports radio.

Oh, speaking of Scola, Adam Clanton on the 610 morning show today was attempting to convince everyone that if made the primary offensive option, Scola could easily be a 20/10 man.
It's possible, but we'd probably only win 20 games.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-15-2009, 02:52 PM
sorry but gasol is way better than this guy

but good signing

As an overall player yes you are right. But Andersen is just as good in offense maybe even better.

sandman
07-15-2009, 04:27 PM
It's possible, but we'd probably only win 20 games.

Agreed that he could, but his potential as a player is best utilized as banging for putbacks and getting to a good spot for the dish from a penetrating guard. 13 and 9 was a good productive year for him. Making him the go-to guy would take him out of what he did best. It was a good thing for Houston to get that level of production out of him without necessarily having to run plays specifically for his touches. Of course, the way this season is shaping up, they may not have a choice.

This Andersen kid has got nothing on Scola, nor does his upside even compare. Granted, it was a signing and the local heads are going to talk about it in depth, but as is typical with some of the 610 homegrown radio talent (Matt Jackson and Adam Clanton), they pimp anything Astros/Rockets/Texans/Cougars to a value far beyond realistic expectations.

sandman
07-15-2009, 04:36 PM
As an overall player yes you are right. But Andersen is just as good in offense maybe even better.

So that is why he averaged 11ppg last year? Because his offense is just as good if not better than Gasol? A career 10 ppg Euroleaguer bought for cash has the same offensive skills as a 8-year NBA veteran who has career averages of 19 ppg and 9 rpg? I don't think so...

dougp
07-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Agreed that he could, but his potential as a player is best utilized as banging for putbacks and getting to a good spot for the dish from a penetrating guard. 13 and 9 was a good productive year for him. Making him the go-to guy would take him out of what he did best. It was a good thing for Houston to get that level of production out of him without necessarily having to run plays specifically for his touches. Of course, the way this season is shaping up, they may not have a choice.

This Andersen kid has got nothing on Scola, nor does his upside even compare. Granted, it was a signing and the local heads are going to talk about it in depth, but as is typical with some of the 610 homegrown radio talent (Matt Jackson and Adam Clanton), they pimp anything Astros/Rockets/Texans/Cougars to a value far beyond realistic expectations.

I can't wait to listen to the Ticket on my way home in 50 minutes - I'm pretty sure "The Greatest of All TTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIMES" Little C will be trying to set people right.

Btw, we're getting a house in Grand Mission - close date will be in August. You still live out in Katy?

Indazone
07-15-2009, 05:27 PM
The Rockets are building a FIBA look-a-like basketball team. All cutters and perimeter players. No real big man in the middle with post play. Maybe Morey will sign another big man but not holding my breath.

sandman
07-15-2009, 05:32 PM
I can't wait to listen to the Ticket on my way home in 50 minutes - I'm pretty sure "The Greatest of All TTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIMES" Little C will be trying to set people right.

Btw, we're getting a house in Grand Mission - close date will be in August. You still live out in Katy?

Nah man, moved out to Cypress about a year and a half ago. Congrats on the new house!

dougp
07-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Nah man, moved out to Cypress about a year and a half ago. Congrats on the new house!

Ah, we were looking up there too, but the vicinity to Westpark and 10 were too good to pass up.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-15-2009, 05:47 PM
So that is why he averaged 11ppg last year? Because his offense is just as good if not better than Gasol? A career 10 ppg Euroleaguer bought for cash has the same offensive skills as a 8-year NBA veteran who has career averages of 19 ppg and 9 rpg? I don't think so...

How many fucking times do Americans have to be explained this same shit over and over? It is HARDER to score, rebound and get assist in Euroleague than in NBA. MUCH HARDER.

How may fucking times do you stupid motherfuckers need to be told this same shit?

dougp
07-15-2009, 05:51 PM
How many fucking times do Americans have to be explained this same shit over and over? It is HARDER to score, rebound and get assist in Euroleague than in NBA. MUCH HARDER.

How may fucking times do you stupid motherfuckers need to be told this same shit?

:wgaf:

Probably the same amount of times we tell your bitch ass to quit posting here.

Now kindly, go suck off VSpan some more.

The Third Man
07-15-2009, 07:14 PM

You are a vile person. Stop posting.

mogrovejo
07-15-2009, 09:52 PM

Pau Gasol doesn't have better Euroleague stats than Andersen. In his last season in the ACB he averaged 12/5 or something like that, way less than in his first NBA season.

Lars
07-16-2009, 12:06 AM

Why don't you ever treat people with respect?

MI21
07-16-2009, 04:57 AM
He cannot play in FIBA game. In ULEB style game he can be very good and should be the same in NBA style game. In FIBA style game he is total trash.

Hmmm, fair enough. In FIBA, he is useless. Never understood the props he has received, any Australian basketball fan will say the same thing.

Also, I don't care what level of basketball you have seen him play, there is no way he has the offensive talents of Pau Gasol. I've seen enough of the guy to know that just isn't true. It's not hating, I want the guy to succeed seeing he is Australian, but he is simply not an NBA player. Any Houston fans getting excited are only going to be disappointed.

sandman
07-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Pau Gasol doesn't have better Euroleague stats than Andersen. In his last season in the ACB he averaged 12/5 or something like that, way less than in his first NBA season.

And Pau played what? 2 seasons of Euroleague before coming over to the NBA as a 21-year old, where his game immediately translated well to the NBA style of play?

Andersen is the same age as Gasol - 29 - and has played 8 years of Euroleague. If he really had the same skill sets and potential as Gasol, he would have been over here years ago. And wouldn't have been traded for cash.

With Artest bolting, Yao out for the count, and TMac still playing the no heart card, Houston media is desparately making every attempt to turn Scola and this guy into the next Hakeem and Yao so that there is not some mass fan abandonment beyond the typical front-running Houston fan base.

Not saying it was a horrible deal and that he can't help the team this year, but I'm not jumping on the Rockets/Euros nuts over this one.

mogrovejo
07-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Hmmm, fair enough. In FIBA, he is useless. Never understood the props he has received, any Australian basketball fan will say the same thing.

Also, I don't care what level of basketball you have seen him play, there is no way he has the offensive talents of Pau Gasol. I've seen enough of the guy to know that just isn't true. It's not hating, I want the guy to succeed seeing he is Australian, but he is simply not an NBA player. Any Houston fans getting excited are only going to be disappointed.

He doesn't have the offensive talents of Pau Gasol, but he certainly has enough talent to be a NBA player. If you don't think so, you either haven't seen much of him or you're just not very good evaluating talent (or, to be honest, you just suck at it). He's certainly just as talented as Bargnani and Okur, for example. More talentend than, say, Big Baby Davis. Easily a rotational player in the NBA, although not a starter, IMO. Saying he's simply not a NBA player is bizarre. It's taht kind of attitude that empowers KBP.

mogrovejo
07-16-2009, 09:27 AM
And Pau played what? 2 seasons of Euroleague before coming over to the NBA as a 21-year old, where his game immediately translated well to the NBA style of play?

Andersen is the same age as Gasol - 29 - and has played 8 years of Euroleague. If he really had the same skill sets and potential as Gasol, he would have been over here years ago. And wouldn't have been traded for cash.

With Artest bolting, Yao out for the count, and TMac still playing the no heart card, Houston media is desparately making every attempt to turn Scola and this guy into the next Hakeem and Yao so that there is not some mass fan abandonment beyond the typical front-running Houston fan base.

Not saying it was a horrible deal and that he can't help the team this year, but I'm not jumping on the Rockets/Euros nuts over this one.

Question: who said he has the same skill-set and potential than Gasol? Me? The point was that stats in Europe aren't what you think and your argument was nonsensical.

I don't discuss with the kind of people who use strawman arguments, so answer my question or this conversation is over. Sorry.

(Anyway, Andersen was averaging 7/4 with 20 years in the Euroleague. Gasol was averaging 4/3 with 20 years in the Euroleague. Kind of makes you look silly, no? And no, this doesnt' mean that Andersen is remotely as good as Gasol or the new Yao.)

Indazone
07-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Anderson's stats look pretty good to me. I"m just looking at his 2008-2009 stats.

He shot 54% from the field. 40% three pt. 80% FT

Scoring was 11.1 ppg in 21.2 mpg
Rebounds 4.1 a game

Then in the playoffs against CSKA

24 pts on 100% shooting - do they not play defense over there???
4 rebounds

Against Olympiacos

20 pts
4 rebounds

I think this dude will be ok

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?clubcode=bar&pcode=AKT

mogrovejo
07-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Anderson's stats look pretty good to me. I"m just looking at his 2008-2009 stats.

Rebounds 4.1 a game

4 rebounds

Against Olympiacos

20 pts
4 rebounds

Barcelona had the strongest frontcourt in Europe last season (3 NBA quality players, 2 of them will be playing in the NBA next season and a very good 4th big) + a bunch of high-scoring guards. Andersen overall numbers were affected by that. He has always played in stacked teams during his European career.

CSKA is the best defensive european team and it's not close. But Andersen is difficult to stop when his jumpers are falling.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-16-2009, 03:39 PM

Rebounds 4.1 a game

4 rebounds

Against Olympiacos

20 pts
4 rebounds

He is comparable to Okur minus the physical play and the defense. But on offense he is just as good. And Okur can average 18 in the NBA. I would think Andersen is not so great without Yao. First he is a power forward much more than a center and also he is much better playing off someone else.

If he was played next to Yao to spread the floor he would be a huge threat for the defense. Best comparison for him is Dirk. He is the poor man version of Dirk.

Kai
07-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Who is that in your sig KBP?

MI21
07-17-2009, 04:54 AM
He doesn't have the offensive talents of Pau Gasol, but he certainly has enough talent to be a NBA player. If you don't think so, you either haven't seen much of him or you're just not very good evaluating talent (or, to be honest, you just suck at it). He's certainly just as talented as Bargnani and Okur, for example. More talentend than, say, Big Baby Davis. Easily a rotational player in the NBA, although not a starter, IMO. Saying he's simply not a NBA player is bizarre. It's taht kind of attitude that empowers KBP.

Like I stated, I've only ever seen him play for Australia in FIBA basketball. I'm judging from what little I have seen, like I said. Mainly from the 2008 Olympics, of which I watched every game.

If we look into that a little bit:

He averaged 6/3 on 42FG% on a team that is desperate for some decent big man production. He had 3 times the amount of turnovers than he did assists. He had 0 blocked shots in 98 minutes. He was a liability on defense because he was soft on the interior and to slow on the perimeter. He floated around the perimeter shooting jumpshots on offense. So wrapping that up, a guy that averaged 6/3 and was horrible defensively, is as good as he is ever going to be and is limited athletically.

Now, I know judging somebody from a sample size of 6 games isn't the greatest amount, but from what I seen, he did not resemble an NBA player from a statistical point of view and from an intangible point of view. That is my opinion and there are many, many Australian basketball fans that will agree. Maybe my opinion would be different if I got to watch his Euro games.

Now just because you think I'm wrong, it doesn't mean I "suck" at evaluating players. I for one hope he becomes a fuckin' MVP, and I'm proud to see a countryman of mine in the big show. But no one evaluates every player correctly, otherwise we wouldn't have Kwame Brown being drafted #1 overall. We will see though, I'm confident he will struggle to be a decent 15MPG player in the NBA. You think otherwise. Doesn't make my evaluating skills suck because you think different to me, it just means we see different things.

Get over yourself.

KidCongo
07-17-2009, 05:21 AM
MI21 I agree with you from watching him at the Olympics.

noob cake
07-17-2009, 05:51 AM
Hello NBA wanna-be GM's, Morey doesn't screw around. He doesn't make bad moves, and he is smarter than you

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-17-2009, 06:19 AM
Like I stated, I've only ever seen him play for Australia in FIBA basketball. I'm judging from what little I have seen, like I said. Mainly from the 2008 Olympics, of which I watched every game.

If we look into that a little bit:

He averaged 6/3 on 42FG% on a team that is desperate for some decent big man production. He had 3 times the amount of turnovers than he did assists. He had 0 blocked shots in 98 minutes. He was a liability on defense because he was soft on the interior and to slow on the perimeter. He floated around the perimeter shooting jumpshots on offense. So wrapping that up, a guy that averaged 6/3 and was horrible defensively, is as good as he is ever going to be and is limited athletically.

Now, I know judging somebody from a sample size of 6 games isn't the greatest amount, but from what I seen, he did not resemble an NBA player from a statistical point of view and from an intangible point of view. That is my opinion and there are many, many Australian basketball fans that will agree. Maybe my opinion would be different if I got to watch his Euro games.

Now just because you think I'm wrong, it doesn't mean I "suck" at evaluating players. I for one hope he becomes a fuckin' MVP, and I'm proud to see a countryman of mine in the big show. But no one evaluates every player correctly, otherwise we wouldn't have Kwame Brown being drafted #1 overall. We will see though, I'm confident he will struggle to be a decent 15MPG player in the NBA. You think otherwise. Doesn't make my evaluating skills suck because you think different to me, it just means we see different things.

Get over yourself.

He can't handle a top level FIBA competition like the Olympics. The reason is he is far too soft. He gets taken out by physical play. In the Olympics the game is much more physical than the NBA is. Also even though Euroleague is just as physical as the difference is that the refs are more lenient on players in FIBA.

Andersen is a super soft player so you can take him out then with the physical play. If you would bother to notice and watch games Dirk is a useless POS in the Olympic level also. So is Kaman who is an incredible POS at that level. Tim Duncan is basically a scrub at that level also because of the same thing. These softies need some protection from the refs and they don't get it there.

Thinking about it I decide that Andersen's most close NBA comparison on offense is Rasheed Wallace.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-17-2009, 06:20 AM
Hello NBA wanna-be GM's, Morey doesn't screw around. He doesn't make bad moves, and he is smarter than you

Bull shit. He still does not know what a point guard is.

anakha
07-17-2009, 06:29 AM
Andersen is a super soft player so you can take him out then with the physical play. If you would bother to notice and watch games Dirk is a useless POS in the Olympic level also. So is Kaman who is an incredible POS at that level. Tim Duncan is basically a scrub at that level also because of the same thing. These softies need some protection from the refs and they don't get it there.

You get Olympic coverage with Comcast?

MI21
11-03-2009, 02:05 AM
So how is my countryman Andersen going early on Rockets fans? Can't tell much via stats.

sook
11-03-2009, 02:06 AM
hes fucking garbage so far...why bump it?

Was he supposed to be good or some shit?

Danny.Zhu
11-03-2009, 03:36 AM
Dude, give him some time. Even Scola sucked in the first month as I recall.

MI21
11-03-2009, 03:40 AM
hes fucking garbage so far...why bump it?

Was he supposed to be good or some shit?

He was supposed to be one of the best bigmen not in the NBA. Also, there isn't many Australians in the NBA so I like to know how they are going when they do make it. Shame that David is sucking, though not surprising, I've always considered him heavily overrated.

Lars
11-03-2009, 04:47 AM
His post moves were a pleasant surprise.

robbie380
11-03-2009, 01:27 PM
He was supposed to be one of the best bigmen not in the NBA. Also, there isn't many Australians in the NBA so I like to know how they are going when they do make it. Shame that David is sucking, though not surprising, I've always considered him heavily overrated.

i like his post moves, shooting, and passing. right now i am hopeful he can become a contributor based on what i have seen. kind of hard to form an opinion on him right now but it is obvious he has skills. the guy needs more time to adjust.