PDA

View Full Version : Twitter bet between Bosh and Villanueva

rayray2k8
07-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Any of you guys know about this?
The bet is between Chris Bosh and Charlie Villanueva. First 1 to go to 50,000 "followers" wins. Loser has to dress up
as the character the winners wants them to dress as and have it posted on youtube.
:wow

Personally, I'm rooting for Villanueva because he's hispanic and the fact that Bosh has attempted to win by spamming.
And yes, this is NBA related. :lol

rayray2k8
07-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Here are the accounts

http://twitter.com/chrisbosh
http://twitter.com/CV31

At first I thought twitter was a waste of time, but when you start seeing the celebs/athletes talk shit to each other, it gets pretty funny.
Like Chad "ochocinco" asking Skip Bayless "what is the big deal about him twittering during games?" and Skip replying by saying "sorry ochostinko". :lol

Pistons < Spurs
07-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Cv31

rayray2k8
07-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Here are some of their promotion videos.

Charlie Villanueva
nKdEAxGiZvM

Chris Bosh
-RDyVwSeLEI

Mr. Body
07-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Chris Bosh is 10x the player Villanueva is. I know who I got.

Spurs_9_20_21
07-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Any of you guys know about this?
The bet is between Chris Bosh and Charlie Villanueva. First 1 to go to 50,000 "followers" wins. Loser has to dress up
as the character the winners wants them to dress as and have it posted on youtube.
:wow

Personally, I'm rooting for Villanueva because he's hispanic and the fact that Bosh has attempted to win by spamming.
And yes, this is NBA related. :lol
Yeah I heard about it already. And I think if Chris Bosh loses he has to do the "Shane Mercado." :lol If you haven't heard of him, he danced to Single Ladies by Beyonce....and perfect. :lol Here's the link to the video. BTW how do you embed? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMClmPJF2Iw

Pistons < Spurs
07-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Chris Bosh is 10x the player Villanueva is. I know who I got.
but wouldn't you rather see Bosh dance the Shane Marcado?

rayray2k8
07-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Currently this is where they stand.

CV31: 48,726
Chris Bosh: 48,170

Help either one by making an account and following one of them.

duncan228
07-14-2009, 07:34 PM
BTW how do you embed?

Slomo's 'How-To' Tutorials. Embedding youtube is post #2.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99116

Pistons < Spurs
07-14-2009, 08:31 PM
The B/R Interview With Charlie Villanueva: The Tweet Off vs Chris Bosh

MT: What’s up CV - This thing is heating up, it looks like it’s going to end tonight.

CV31: Yeah, yeah, that’s what I’m trying to do; I’m trying to end this thing tonight!

MT: Okay. Let’s do this, and hopefully everyone following at bleacherreport will then follow at CV31, and then boom, you’ll be at 50K followers before Bosh, and he’ll be dancing before you know it!

CV31: [laughs] That was good.

MT: First question: who or what got you into Twitter, and what do you like about it so much? Were you influenced by Shaq?

CV31: Actually my brother was the one that told me about it. I really didn’t know too much about it. And ever since he introduced me to it, I’ve been pretty much addicted to it.

A lot of people know me from my infamous halftime tweet. And the response I got from that was more positive than negative, so that just contributed to my addiction.

It’s a way to interact with the fans, and it gives them a chance to see what goes on day-to-day in an athlete’s life.

MT: So what's behind this bet? I saw the YouTube video, but first of all, how did you choose to go up against Chris Bosh?

CV31: It was funny because I was just on Twitter, and I’ve been following Chris. And I was on his page, and I saw that our followers were about the same. So I just threw it out there, as a joke, and he responded with the idea of putting a wager on it. So I agreed, and since then we’ve been going back and forth, campaigning for this 50K.

MT: So for your part of the bet you chose The Shane Mercado Dance, which would require Chris to be dancing as a flamboyant male dancer to Beyonce’s “All the Single Ladies" song.

Now, first of all, great choice. Second of all, Bosh is leaving it up to his followers should he win. Are you dreading anything in particular, or do you think Chris has anything up his sleeves about what they might make you do?

CV31: You know, given my competitive nature, I don’t think I’m going to lose, and I haven’t even thought about the possibility of me losing. I don’t think it’s going to happen, but if it did, I’m ready to do whatever it takes. A deal’s a deal.

MT: Now there’s a whole charity aspect involved involving your foundation, can you talk about that?

CV31: Well, I just thought that we could use this publicity to help others in some way. I was at 46,000 and change followers, and I decided that I would give away a pair of sneakers to a needy child for every follow until I reached 50,000. It’s something that I did last year with my program called Tenis Para Ninos. So it’s a win-win situation.

MT: Now Chris is actually giving out signed sneakers to fans. Are you doing any non-charity, purely promotional, shameless buying of followers of your own?

CV31: I decided that if I end up winning the competition I would pick five people randomly who have been following me, and whatever city that person is from, when Detroit comes and plays them, they would get two tickets to come see the game.

MT: Coaches and leagues have been down on tweeting during games. It looks like Chad Ochocinco will probably get fined at some point this year for doing it and your kind of got in trouble for it earlier this year. With all that being said, will you in-game tweet again?

CV31: That’s a good question. Obviously management in Milwaukee didn’t like it, but I’m not in Milwaukee anymore. It’s something I’ll run by the coach. I talked about it with Joe Dumars and he seemed fine with it, so I just have to talk to coach to see what his policy is.

MT: Who in your opinion is the best athlete Twitter user right now?

CV31: Beside myself?

MT: Beside yourself.

CV31: [laughs] You gotta give it to Shaq.

MT: Yeah, that’s a gimme. Last question: Why should people choose to follow you over Chris Bosh right now?

CV31: Why should people pick me? Because not only am I donating sneakers and helping other, but who wouldn’t want to see Chris Bosh do The Shane Mercado? Everybody wants to see that!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/218014-the-br-interview-with-charlie-villanueva-the-tweet-off-vs-chris-bosh

rayray2k8
07-14-2009, 09:00 PM
but wouldn't you rather see Bosh dance the Shane Marcado?

It didn't bother Dwight Howard. :lmao
Pnz_PJaV_wA

He likes Beyonce, so he did it in pure fun although Bosh thought it was pretty funny. :lol

Pistons < Spurs
07-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Villenueva now is offering a set of cuff links ($3100) to a winner randomly selected amongst the next 1000 to follow him.

http://twitter.com/CV31

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Damn, it looks like Bosh is gonna win... How the hell did this happen? CV was up 500 followers!!

Texas Chili Dog
07-15-2009, 01:07 AM
Go Bosh! Gotta cheer for the Dallas kid. :king

bdictjames
07-15-2009, 01:15 AM
Damn Bosh. He doesn't have any donations to give unlike CV.

bdictjames
07-15-2009, 01:17 AM
Im trying to get people to follow CV by other sites. :lol

bdictjames
07-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Bosh is now giving away 50 autographed sneakers to followers.

Texas Chili Dog
07-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Bosh will win easy. He is getting about 20 more followers (including me lol) for about every 10 followers CV is getting right now.

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 01:35 AM
That is soo cheap. Bosh just wants to save the humiliation, while CV actually wants to give...
Bosh copied everything that CV did. So cheap... Looks like he'll win.

Texas Chili Dog
07-15-2009, 01:37 AM
That is soo cheap. Bosh just wants to save the humiliation, while CV actually wants to give...
Bosh copied everything that CV did. So cheap... Looks like he'll win.

yeah I've noticed that CV will tweet @ someone and then Bosh will tweet @ that same person about two minutes later. :lol

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Yeah.. Now Bosh is 100 followers from winning.

Texas Chili Dog
07-15-2009, 01:59 AM
lol wtf?

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6647/lolwtfd.jpg

edit: just a temporary glitch I see. Still though. :lol

Texas Chili Dog
07-15-2009, 02:04 AM
I think everone wanted to be Bosh's 50,000th follower. When it got to within 10, about 100 added within about 5 seconds. :lol

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 02:11 AM
I saw that. :lmao
Wonder what Bosh will make him do?

Spurs_9_20_21
07-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Slomo's 'How-To' Tutorials. Embedding youtube is post #2.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99116
Thanks so much! It really helped! :tu