PDA

View Full Version : I know this won't happen...

DAF86
07-14-2009, 07:54 PM
... But I want to know how crazy/unlikely this situation is?

The Thunder signs Odom for 10 mil, then they trade him to the Spurs for Blair, Hill, Mahnmi, Mason (and/or whatever other expiring contract you need to make the salaries match) Splitter's rights, cash compesation and a 1st round draft pick.

1) Wouldn't this make sense for the OKC's GM? you get four young promising players (counting Splitter) that are also expiring contracts, money and a 1st round pick.
I think it would, what do you think?

2) Would you do this if you're the Spurs? you get a proven quality big-man and weaken your main rival but you also loss depth and jeopardise your future.

Note: I already posted this on another thread but I wanted to get some feedback so I posted it here.

oligarchy
07-14-2009, 07:55 PM
100% happening.. you saw it on Hoopsworld?

DAF86
07-14-2009, 07:58 PM
100% happening.. you saw it on Hoopsworld?

I already know this has 0 chance of happening I just want to know if people think that this could be a trade that benefit both clubs, just one of them or none.

Pucho!!!
07-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Wow, u would trade away the future for a player that softer than charmane.

This trade doesn't really help anyone. The Thunder would be better off keepin Odom.

jag
07-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Then the Spurs lose out on a backup pg... and their starting shooting guard??

DAF86
07-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Wow, u would trade away the future for a player that softer than charmane

I think this trade would defenitely give us a bigger chance of winnig the 'ship this season.

DAF86
07-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Then the Spurs lose out on a backup pg... and their starting shooting guard??

You can always sign other guys. Besdies we have already won championships without a backup PG and Manu is our starting shooting guard.

jag
07-14-2009, 08:03 PM
The Spurs don't need odom...they just don't want to see him back with LA. There's no reason to trade away their best young prospects for a guy whose position they just filled. They'd also have to work on filling two positions ( their #2 shooting guard and #2 point guard).

ivanfromwestwood
07-14-2009, 08:03 PM
hell no. they can take mason finley and bonner. not the youngsters. besides blair>>>>>>>oden

jag
07-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Manu is our starting shooting guard.

No one wants to see Manu play more than 25 mpg during the regular season.

DAF86
07-14-2009, 08:06 PM
hell no. they can take mason finley and bonner. not the youngsters. besides blair>>>>>>>oden

Of course I'd rather give up Finley and Bonner instead of Blair or Hill but then it wouldn't make sense for the Thunder.

200 miles
07-14-2009, 08:07 PM

The Thunder signs Odom for 10 mil, then they trade him to the Spurs for Blair, Hill, Mahnmi, Mason (and/or whatever other expiring contract you need to make the salaries match) Splitter's rights, cash compesation and a 1st round draft pick.

1) Wouldn't this make sense for the OKC's GM? you get four young promising players (counting Splitter) that are also expiring contracts, money and a 1st round pick.

2) Would you do this if you're the Spurs? you get a proven quality big-man and weaken your main rival but you also loss depth and jeopardise your future.

Note: I already posted this on another thread but I wanted to get some feedback so I posted it here.

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/fail-owned-hair-fail.jpg

Shastafarian
07-14-2009, 08:10 PM

Wait wait wait, when did Odom become a top tier player? When did this happen? This guy is having trouble getting a $10 million a year contract. You want to trade everyone not named Tony, Manu, or Tim for Lamar Odom? Are you fucking serious?

DAF86
No one wants to see Manu play more than 25 mpg during the regular season.

You don't have to. You have Finley, McClinton and a lot of others free agents that could be used as serviceable SG backups.

in2deep
take out Hill and Blair and I MIGHT consider it. terrible trade scenario. Odom is not THAT good. Not even close

jag
07-14-2009, 08:11 PM
You don't have to. You have Finley, McClinton and a lot of others free agents that could be used as serviceable SG backups.

Ok, just stop.

DAF86
07-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Wait wait wait, when did Odom become a top tier player? When did this happen? This guy is having trouble getting a $10 million a year contract. You want to trade everyone not named Tony, Manu, or Tim for Lamar Odom? Are you fucking serious?

Is not so much getting Odom as it is weakening the Lakers.

Shastafarian
07-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Is not so much getting Odom as it is weakening the Lakers.

*sigh*

hater
07-14-2009, 08:13 PM
http://www.failpix.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/fail.png

Gino2882
07-14-2009, 08:14 PM
I am almost positive this cannot be done under the Rules. You can't sign another player and then trade him to another team...

Shastafarian
07-14-2009, 08:14 PM
I am almost positive this cannot be done under the Rules. You can't sign another player and then trade him to another team...

They'd have to wait to trade him until December 15th

Thompson
07-14-2009, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't give half of that for Odom. I'd hate to lose Mason, much less Mason, Hill, Blair, Mahinmi, a 1st rounder and Splitter's rights for a guy who once dribbled the ball inbounds. No, absolutely no.

DAF86
07-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Do you trully bealive that a team consisting of:

Tony-Decent backup PG
Manu-Finley-McClinton
RJ-Hairston-Bowen?
Odom-Bonner
Duncan-McDyess

Wouldn't be a top3 championship contender?

hater
07-14-2009, 08:20 PM

Tony-Decent backup PG
Manu-Finley-McClinton
RJ-Hairston-Bowen?
Odom-Bonner
Duncan-McDyess

http://blakeyrat.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/fail.jpg

Thompson
07-14-2009, 08:20 PM
I truly believe that our team is now a top 2 contender.

in2deep
07-14-2009, 08:22 PM

Tony-Decent backup PG
Manu-Finley-McClinton
RJ-Hairston-Bowen?
Odom-Bonner
Duncan-McDyess

huh..... we already are a legit contender :bang

jag
07-14-2009, 08:23 PM

Tony-Decent backup PG
Manu-Finley-McClinton
RJ-Hairston-Bowen?
Odom-Bonner
Duncan-McDyess

What world do you live in??

McClinton: Looks like he has the talent to wash out of summer league.
Finley: looks like he has the talent to wash out of a retirement home rec league.
Bowen: isn't on the Spurs and isn't going to BE on the Spurs.

Where is this "decent backup point" you speak of?

You don't make moves that could possibly weaken another team, if it weakens your team.

This is not a possible trade move, and it's not even a good idea....it's a terrible idea.

anonoftheinternets
07-14-2009, 08:28 PM
who the f*** is odom? are u serious?

DAF86
07-14-2009, 08:30 PM
huh..... we already are a legit contender :bang

I also bealive that but I think Boston, Cleveland and LA are ahead of us, this trade would definitely make us better than the Lakers, not to mention that will also give us that Dirk defender that we always lack.

ffadicted
07-14-2009, 08:32 PM
DAF86 is officially worse then KPB

AnthonyM
07-14-2009, 08:37 PM
http://www.failpix.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/fail.png

Even if there wasn't a big piece of shit in the toilet in this picture, this chick would have failed anyway for being so damn ugly and trying to look hot...

completely deck
07-14-2009, 08:40 PM
what are you, stupid?

DAF86
07-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I really hope that all these young guys turn into good NBA players, but let's face it: Pop prefered to play Vaughn or Mason as a backup PG instead of Hill last season, Mahinmi has been injured all his career and Blair is a rookie that looks promising but hasn't played a single minute on the league and has a big question mark concerning his knees. While Odom was a top 3 player for the last champions. You're making it seem like I want to trade Duncan, Manu and Tony for a bunch of scrubs.

onarollbaby
07-14-2009, 08:50 PM
it makes no sense at all

diego
07-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Odom is getting overrated by his pretty good playoffs (he shot way over his season avg from 3), but he's always been more potential than production. he has all the tools to be a great two way player, but most of the time negates it all with horrible decisions and lack of focus. he's just not worth the money he's been getting and now expects.

this deal isnt worth it for anyone. the thunder cant keep stockpiling youth forever, they need to start making trades and bring in leaders. and for the spurs, with the way scola played odom in the rockets series, you can see that you dont need a star level player to take odom out of his game. I think blair will match up with him well enough, and i dont expect odom to continue shooting 50+ from 3.

Sense
07-14-2009, 08:59 PM
I already know this has 0 chance of happening I just want to know if people think that this could be a trade that benefit both clubs, just one of them or none.

If you already know it won't happen...

why create a thread that's going to make newbs think it's ok to post stupid shit like this?

Isn't it bad as it is?

Leetonidas
07-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Horrible, HORRIBLE trade idea.

Seriously.

DAF86
07-14-2009, 09:10 PM
If you already know it won't happen...

why create a thread that's going to make newbs think it's ok to post stupid shit like this?

Isn't it bad as it is?

'cause I'm sick and bored in my bed, and it was to see what fellow spurs fans think of this trade scenario (I know by now that isn't a popular one), besides I don't start many threads, so I think I should get a pass on this :D

P/S: Hope I'm wrong but I still think that having Odom instead of Blair, Hill, Mason and Mahinmi makes us a bigger championship contender, definitely the team to beat on the west.

Sense
07-14-2009, 09:14 PM
'cause I'm sick and bored in my bed, and it was to see what fellow spurs fans think of this trade scenario (I know by now that isn't a popular one), besides I don't start many threads, so I think I should get a pass on this :D

P/S: Hope I'm wrong but I still think that having Odom instead of Blair, Hill, Mason and Mahinmi makes us a bigger championship contender, definitely the team to beat on the west.

You don't get a pass....

Anyone that starts a thread about your "dream trade" is fail from the start.

DAF86
07-14-2009, 09:17 PM
You don't get a pass....

Anyone that starts a thread about your "dream trade" is fail from the start.

My dream trade would be Lebron for Finley and Bonner.

VivaPopovich
07-14-2009, 09:49 PM
wouldnt do it

lamar is not the type of player that ages well (unlike duncan who in many ways gets better in age). once his legs get slower that takes away a huge part of his game, he's not very technical

hill, mahinmi, blair on the other hand, could end up being our future Big Three

spurs1990
07-14-2009, 10:43 PM

Are you shitting me?

George Hill
Roger Mason
DeJuan Blair
Tiago Splitter
and a 1st round pick

for a blunt smoking half-the-time showing player named Lamar Odom.

I still don't believe you were serious.

Nathan Explosion
07-14-2009, 11:24 PM
'cause I'm sick and bored in my bed...

If you're in bed and bored, you got bigger problems than starting threads about ridiculous trades.

Danny.Zhu
07-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Odom is not that good.

DAF86
07-14-2009, 11:28 PM
If you're in bed and bored, you got bigger problems than starting threads about ridiculous trades.

Did you miss the sick part?

Nathan Explosion
07-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Did you miss the sick part?

I can think of many things to do to entertain myself in bed while I'm sick.

The PG version includes drinking a lot of Nyquil and passing out so I'm not awake long enough to be bored.

eyeh8u
07-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Even if there wasn't a big piece of shit in the toilet in this picture, this chick would have failed anyway for being so damn ugly and trying to look hot...

dude thats mean , be nice

AnthonyM
07-14-2009, 11:50 PM
dude thats mean , be nice

nah she's a nappy headed ho...

eyeh8u
07-14-2009, 11:52 PM
nah she's a nappy headed ho...

aww. well i tried. im sure you are a catch, and are only stating facts.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-15-2009, 12:22 AM
No way I'd do it, we'd have half a roster left, and we'd have shipped out our young talent.

I really like our prospects, both now and in the future, with Hill, Blair, Mahinmi and Mason.

Don't make the mistake of overvaluing a "name" players.

xellos88330
07-15-2009, 12:32 AM
I wouldn't make this trade at all. In fact I would probably slap the entire FO in OKC for thinking about it.

One more thing. Why would we need to trade all of our young talent for Lamar Odom if he was already signed by OKC? The Lakers are already hurt by his loss, no need for the Spurs to shoot themselves in the foot by going after him.

DAF86
07-15-2009, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't make this trade at all. In fact I would probably slap the entire FO in OKC for thinking about it.

One more thing. Why would we need to trade all of our young talent for Lamar Odom if he was already signed by OKC? The Lakers are already hurt by his loss, no need for the Spurs to shoot themselves in the foot by going after him.

'Cause the only way OKC would sign Odom is if they can get something valuable for them (that is young promising players, cash and draft picks) by doing a sign and trade with a team that is interested in Odom.

Spurs16212
07-15-2009, 12:44 AM
If that would happen.... Give OKC Finley, Bonner, and Mason...... Maybe throw in the rights to Splitter to sweeten the deal..... Could be interesting OKC would get three guys that can contribute immediately and provide guidance to a young team..... Dont want to give up Hill, Blair, or Mahimni...... They are a part of our future in this league.

If the Spurs are in a win now mode they should think about making a run at Odom.....

DAF86
07-15-2009, 12:54 AM
If that would happen.... Give OKC Finley, Bonner, and Mason...... Maybe throw in the rights to Splitter to sweeten the deal..... Could be interesting OKC would get three guys that can contribute immediately and provide guidance to a young team..... Dont want to give up Hill, Blair, or Mahimni...... They are a part of our future in this league.

If the Spurs are in a win now mode they should think about making a run at Odom.....

Of course I would rather give up Bonner and Finley instead of Hill, Blair and Mahinmi but then I don't think OKC would be interested.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-15-2009, 12:56 AM
IMHO, looking for trades like this is a bit silly at this point, I think. Our FO has assembled a great team with plenty of scoring, rebounding, defense and balance, and only two small holes (another vet big and a perimeter stopper, as we have discussed ad nauseum), and the last thing we need now is another "big name" player to fit into the mix.

We don't need to go overboard from here. We just need to let the pieces gel, maybe make one or two minor moves, and enjoy the show.

No offense intended DAF, I just don't think this is the direction we need to go. The squad looks nicely balanced to me.

xellos88330
07-15-2009, 12:58 AM
'Cause the only way OKC would sign Odom is if they can get something valuable for them (that is young promising players, cash and draft picks) by doing a sign and trade with a team that is interested in Odom.

This just isn't an absolute necessity for the Spurs to weaken the Lakers. The Spurs squad so far is shaping up to look like the best in years and IMO has the ability to beat the Lakers even with LO. It makes no logistical, nor strategical sense to give up the future just to weaken a team when you weaken yourself in the process. It is counter-intuitive.

DAF86
07-15-2009, 01:02 AM
Odom is a good intangible player. That is a pretty valuable asset. OKC is lacking that aspect. At least from the few games that I have seen them play.

The only teams that look for players like Odom are contending teams. Clubs in rebulding mode like the Thunder look for Young talents, expiring contracts and draft picks.

xellos88330
07-15-2009, 01:03 AM
^ Had to edit my post, had a different thought.

xellos88330
07-15-2009, 01:05 AM
I say let the Lakers keep Odom. Beating the champs with all their guns is better then removing the bullets before the shootout.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-15-2009, 01:11 AM
The only teams that look for players like Odom are contending teams. Clubs in rebulding mode like the Thunder look for Young talents, expiring contracts and draft picks.

Once Millsap is taken off the board by the Jazz, I wouldn't be suprised to see Portland offer 40mil/5yrs to Lamar. They need a veteran leader... personally I don't think Lamar is much of a leader, but you never know - we can only hope.

DAF86
07-15-2009, 01:12 AM
This just isn't an absolute necessity for the Spurs to weaken the Lakers. The Spurs squad so far is shaping up to look like the best in years and IMO has the ability to beat the Lakers even with LO. It makes no logistical, nor strategical sense to give up the future just to weaken a team when you weaken yourself in the process. It is counter-intuitive.

I agree the FO has put together a nice team but I think we're still behind LA (if they sign Odom) this trade may weaken the Spurs but that's not a given 'cause we truly don't know what Hill, Mahinmi and Blair can give us. But I think it's fair to say that this trade will defenitely weaken the Lakers, giving us the upper hand on the WC IMO.

My dream scenario though will be for Odom to leave LA and we keep our current roster intact.

mystargtr34
07-15-2009, 02:14 AM
:lol @ these fail pics.