PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS...Mavs offer Odom MLE plus

Amarelooms
07-14-2009, 11:21 PM
all the gummy bears his heart desires. Rumor is that he's holding out for gummy worms instead....bastard!! First Orlando and now him :elephant

sook
07-14-2009, 11:26 PM
i don't get it. It seems like the mavs and magic don't have a bottom when they reach into their pocket. Almost everyone on our team is injured we have so many expirings in 10' but we still might not be able to offer the max?

Gotta hate cheap ass fucking owners that make so much money of stars lik yao and still don't pay up

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Gooooo mavs!!! Take this guy away from the Rapers.

Amarelooms
07-14-2009, 11:29 PM
i don't get it. It seems like the mavs and magic don't have a bottom when they reach into their pocket. Almost everyone on our team is injured we have so many expirings in 10' but we still might not be able to offer the max?

Gotta hate cheap ass fucking owners that make so much money of stars lik yao and still don't pay up

The key is gummy bears man....they are delicious :elephant

DAF86
07-14-2009, 11:30 PM
The key is gummy bears man....they are delicious :elephant

Maybe people will get it now.

Findog
07-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Odom and his agent will play the Mavs and Heat off one another. Once Utah matches Millsap, Portland will be able to give him a contract above the MLE. If it's true that the Lakers withdrew their offer and are fully prepared to let him walk, then I'd say he's Portland-bound. Especially since Utah is trading Boozer. Oh the dominoes...

Amarelooms
07-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Gooooo mavs!!! Take this guy away from the Rapers.

It's not gonna happen but if the Mavs get him by some miricale...that's bad news for the Spurs. You add RJ and Mcdyess while the Mavs add Marion and Odom...that equals Mavs in a sweep lol

:elephant

ducks
07-14-2009, 11:32 PM
if mavs get odom you trade howard for a a big

Amarelooms
07-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Odom and his agent will play the Mavs and Heat off one another. Once Utah matches Millsap, Portland will be able to give him a contract above the MLE. If it's true that the Lakers withdrew their offer and are fully prepared to let him walk, then I'd say he's Portland-bound. Especially since Utah is trading Boozer. Oh the dominoes...

See my other thread but sources have told me Cuban has promised him a LIFE-TIME supply of gummy bears....that's gotta be worth at least couple million :elephant

Spursfan092120
07-14-2009, 11:36 PM
From Tanguay's Twitter

Gary_Tanguay (http://twitter.com/Gary_Tanguay)Baby Update. Utah could in play for Glen Davis. Dallas may be interested since Gortat is staying in Orlando. Pistons interested too.about 2 hours ago (http://twitter.com/Gary_Tanguay/status/2644109243) from TwitterBerry (http://orangatame.com/products/twitterberry/)

Findog
07-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Portland could really use an upgrade at SF. Odom is flaky and inconsistent, but he'd still represent a plus to the Blazers.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2009, 11:48 PM
It's not gonna happen but if the Mavs get him by some miricale...that's bad news for the Spurs. You add RJ and Mcdyess while the Mavs add Marion and Odom...that equals Mavs in a sweep lol

Thanks for that. Haven't had a spurstalk related laugh like that since mookie logged off.

gmanrulz
07-14-2009, 11:50 PM
we also add ginobili

VivaPopovich
07-15-2009, 12:04 AM
wow.. i thought Cuban was just chalking up 2009-2010 as a rebuilding year, and making a real push at the 2010-2011 free agents. adding odom, in addition to all the other players they got now will make them contenders

but i dont think their coach has what it takes to take them all the way. if they still had avery, then i'd say yeah. they never should have let go of avery.

Killakobe81
07-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Midlevel LOL ...bad fit in Dallas ...you guys would hav two sometimsey key players and only dirk that is consisten AND can CREATE his own shot ...

Mr. Body
07-15-2009, 12:21 AM
He might want to play in Miami. MLE with outs so he can resign for more.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 12:23 AM
We're all dreaming that Odom is leaving LA. I'm still convinced he's staying.

pawe
07-15-2009, 12:29 AM
King LA is just teasing the pheasants.
They will re-sign Odom, they know Odom is the type of player that can exploit any defensive scheme specially the Spurs'.

21_Blessings
07-15-2009, 12:32 AM

Yeah they pulled the 9m offer but they'll most likely match any MLE offer plus Buss' usual under-the-table-wink-wink that he'll take care of you after ya retire.

Will Odom leave LA for Dallas/Miami for the exact same money? Doubtful. Portland maybe, if they offer close to 5-50, but all reports indicate they don't want Lamar Odom. Too old.

HarlemHeat37
07-15-2009, 12:33 AM
King LA is just teasing the pheasants.
They will re-sign Odom, they know Odom is the type of player that can exploit any defensive scheme specially the Spurs'.

Odom actually struggles against us from a "mismatch" perspective..they need him in general though..

SpursFanInAustin
07-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Yeah they pulled the 9m offer but they'll most likely match any MLE offer plus Buss' usual under-the-table-wink-wink that he'll take care of you after ya retire.

Will Odom leave LA for Dallas/Miami for the exact same money? Doubtful. Portland maybe, if they offer close to 5-50, but all reports indicate they don't want Lamar Odom. Too old.

They wanted Hedo Turkoglu, who is about the same age as Odom.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-15-2009, 12:38 AM
From Tanguay's Twitter

Gary_Tanguay (http://twitter.com/Gary_Tanguay)Baby Update. Utah could in play for Glen Davis. Dallas may be interested since Gortat is staying in Orlando. Pistons interested too.about 2 hours ago (http://twitter.com/Gary_Tanguay/status/2644109243) from TwitterBerry (http://orangatame.com/products/twitterberry/)

Oh, yeah, please, let's repeat more of that idiot's idle twitter. He doesn't know shit, as was proven by the BS he wrote about Davis and the Spurs.

21_Blessings
07-15-2009, 12:40 AM
They wanted Hedo Turkoglu, who is about the same age as Odom.

Hedo would have started though. Odom would be playing back up behind LMA.

tomtom
07-15-2009, 12:41 AM
C'mon Jazz match that damn offer so we can snag Odom!

DAF86
07-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Hedo would have started though. Odom would be playing back up behind LMA.

Odom could easily play the SF position.

scottspurs
07-15-2009, 01:11 AM
Someone give odom 50 million tootsie pops for 5 years. Damn I'm tired of hearing his name.

carrao45
07-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Here is why I'm not worried about Odom bolting. The one game he was suspended. His replacement stepped right in and gave better numbers than Odom.

http://www.nba.com/games/20090311/LALHOU/boxscore.html

Odom is an easy replacement.

Besides, he's just making more room for Shaq to come home in 2010...lol

:lmao At you if you think Josh Powell will do that even one out of every ten games if Odom leaves. He can't. And Odom is not easily replaceable

21_Blessings
07-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Odom could easily play the SF position.

3 years ago yeah. And even then, he struggled mightily on defense. Not anymore. He's bulked up and gotten much slower. His best trait is rebounding, worst is consistent jumper. You're going to pay Odom 50 million so you can play him out of position? Thought so.

mavs>spurs2
07-15-2009, 03:04 AM
3 years ago yeah. And even then, he struggled mightily on defense. Not anymore. He's bulked up and gotten much slower. His best trait is rebounding, worst is consistent jumper. You're going to pay Odom 50 million so you can play him out of position? Thought so.

he's bulked up? he looks super thin to me

IronMexican
07-15-2009, 03:06 AM
he's bulked up? he looks super thin to me

He looked noticeably thinner in 2005-2006.

sabar
07-15-2009, 03:20 AM
How much salary does a player lose to state taxes?

Kobe™
07-15-2009, 03:40 AM
Odom's not leaving, his agent is just making things a little more complicated, a deal with L.A. will be done none the less.

Chief
07-15-2009, 03:44 AM

oh fuck not marion !!!

TOO BAD suns didn't have him along with amare and nash when the spurs were kickin their ass every year in the playoffs. oh wait, he was on that team wasn't he ? Fuck the Mavs !

Rogue
07-15-2009, 03:52 AM
He looked noticeably thinner in 2005-2006.
He will definitely bulk out with the free gummy bear service.

Shank
07-15-2009, 08:13 AM
How much salary does a player lose to state taxes?

Depends on the state, but it can be somewhere in the 10% range.

CubanMustGo
07-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Depends on the state, but it can be somewhere in the 10% range.

Unless you live in a state with no state income tax (e.g. Texas). Property and other taxes are higher, but generally not as high as income taxes for millionaire athletes.

Shank
07-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Unless you live in a state with no state income tax (e.g. Texas). Property and other taxes are higher, but generally not as high as income taxes for millionaire athletes.

Right. I thought we were comparing Texas/Florida to California as possible destinations. But yes, you've covered it.

sribb43
07-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Odom is staying in LA...if he took the 3yr deal at the end of that contract he would be 33 and would be able to sign 1 more good contract; where as if he signs the 5yr deal he would be 35 and would probably have to sign a cheap 1yr or 2 yr deal. Signing for the MLE makes no sense for Odom long term financially. Forget a sign and trade bc why would LA take back $10 mil in contracts when they could just offer $10 mil to Odom themselves

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Odom is staying in LA...if he took the 3yr deal at the end of that contract he would be 33 and would be able to sign 1 more good contract; where as if he signs the 5yr deal he would be 35 and would probably have to sign a cheap 1yr or 2 yr deal. Signing for the MLE makes no sense for Odom long term financially. Forget a sign and trade bc why would LA take back $10 mil in contracts when they could just offer $10 mil to Odom themselves

ribb, with reason & moderation in troubled times.

hater
07-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Odom is an easy replacement.

:lmao

typical delusional Lakerfan

lotr1trekkie
07-15-2009, 09:17 AM
No matter who the Mavs sign we always get these stupid posts that ====sweep of Spurs. The Geldings were fortunate to see us in the first round. We were probably the ONLY team they could beat. Once Manu went down the rest of our roster was exposed for what it was --- too many one dimensional role players. Some could shoot the 3, some played heady defense. None could take the pressure off Tim and Tony to do it all. This year will be and is already different. Jefferson was a steal---a Sean Elliott-type talent. He can run to floor , finish at the rim, shoot, defend and score off the dribble. McDyess is still a player that must be recconded with. Given 28 minutes a nite he is a double- double player especially with Tony as the point & Manu finally healthy. DABLAIR will allow the other bigs to stay fresh. Finally, an improve George Hill! IMO the Spurs are 40% better than last season already and the FO still has a couple of moves to make.

YoMamaIsCallin
07-15-2009, 09:19 AM

Players have to pay state taxes for their road games, because if you work in a state, you owe income tax there, even if you don't live there.

So it's an advantage to be on a Texas team, because 1/2 of your games are in Texas (no income tax). But they still have to pay tax on out-of-state games.

sribb43
07-15-2009, 09:20 AM
no matter who the mavs sign we always get these stupid posts that ====sweep of spurs. The geldings were fortunate to see us in the first round. We were probably the only team they could beat. Once manu went down the rest of our roster was exposed for what it was --- too many one dimensional role players. Some could shoot the 3, some played heady defense. None could take the pressure off tim and tony to do it all. This year will be and is already different. Jefferson was a steal---a sean elliott-type talent. He can run to floor , finish at the rim, shoot, defend and score off the dribble. Mcdyess is still a player that must be recconded with. Given 28 minutes a nite he is a double- double player especially with tony as the point & manu finally healthy. Dablair will allow the other bigs to stay fresh. Finally, an improve george hill! Imo the spurs are 40% better than last season already and the fo still has a couple of moves to make.

stfu!!!

Basketball Jones
07-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Players have to pay state taxes for their road games, because if you work in a state, you owe income tax there, even if you don't live there.

So it's an advantage to be on a Texas team, because 1/2 of your games are in Texas (no income tax). But they still have to pay tax on out-of-state games.

It depends on the reciprocity agreements between the states.

ulosturedge
07-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Odom has no where to go and no one to pay him besides the Lakers, and apparently he is not worth the price tag in other systems besides LA. Thats why I figure Portland isn't touching him. This guy would probably do worse on any other team lol. I dunno I just get that feeling.

Brazil
07-15-2009, 10:33 AM
happy to root for a team that has finished his shopping, being a laker, mav, blaze, heat fan must be painful right now.I still believe Odom will stay in LA. Saying that if he moves I'd prefer seeing him playing for the heat.

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Saying that if he moves I'd prefer seeing him playing for the heat.

Then if the Heat make a move early, oh, Hell, even late, Riley will head back to the bench.

Dunc n Dave
07-15-2009, 11:00 AM

The only way they do it is if they can unload a bad contract with Lamar Odom, like Sasha oe Luke, and get back 3 reasonable contracts in return. They'd consider a 2 for 3 trade (something like Odom and Sasha for Beaseley, D.Wright, and Haslem (exp contract)).

A deal like the one above would definitely improve the Laker bench.

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 11:01 AM
The only way they do it is if they can unload a bad contract with Lamar Odom, like Sasha oe Luke, and get back 3 reasonable contracts in return. They'd consider a 2 for 3 trade (something like Odom and Sasha for Beaseley, D.Wright, and Haslem (exp contract)).

A deal like the one above would definitely improve the Laker bench.

Gee, Dunc with a cogent post. Ya broke yer cherry.