PDA

View Full Version : This is why I love Dr. Buss

DrHouse
07-15-2009, 01:52 AM
He's offering Odom a fair shake here. $36 million over 4 years is as good a deal as Lamar will see from any team this offseason, and furthermore it is a good estimate of his true worth IMHO.

Odom is rejecting, he wants to squeeze every last penny out of Buss. But Buss will not budge, no he is a man of his word and he has always been about the Laker franchise over any individual player. Lamar you are about to learn a hard lesson in negotiations like your friend Ariza did, you don't fuck with Buss. He will give you a fair shake, you try and squeeze him dry and you will end up fucked my friend.

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 01:54 AM
pays to be a champion?

DrHouse
07-15-2009, 01:55 AM
I don't see how 36/4 is not paying LO what he is worth.

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 01:55 AM
You act as if you were there. It would be more like that personal assistant that Tom Cruise had in Tropic Thunder.:lol

TheMACHINE
07-15-2009, 01:56 AM
pays to be a champion?

Yup and Dr Buss is the last man to ever doubt.

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 01:59 AM
4 million might not sound like a lot to you guys, but it is. :lol
LO7 is just trying to feed his family. :rolleyes

Indazone
07-15-2009, 02:23 AM
Lakers are truly the New York Yankees of the Basketball world.

Everyone hates them. Go out and buy yourself another championship

TheMACHINE
word is that Buss will drop the offer when Odom comes running back

TheMACHINE

or be like Houston and lose everyone in a span of months lol

Lars
07-15-2009, 02:30 AM
Your best player took a paycut to come to LA:toast

LOL, this upcoming season is really going to be a blast. Theres a reason we didn't offer Artest a deal, we wanted him to go away.

I hope you love 4-16 shooting nights.

IronMexican
07-15-2009, 02:31 AM

Lol, you really can't buy a championship with the salary cap. If the Lakers are overpaying for players, it's cause that player was a part of the organization. Otherwise, the Lakers wouldn't be able to "buy" that player.

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 02:41 AM
Great minds think alike Dr. House....we are blessed. :toasthttp://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/94/l_a53772d3514944e28546d7657601a1ae.jpg

TheMACHINE
07-15-2009, 02:46 AM
LOL, this upcoming season is really going to be a blast. Theres a reason we didn't offer Artest a deal, we wanted him to go away.

I hope you love 4-16 shooting nights.

you just got elimanted by us and we stole ur best player...wtf are you thinking trying to talk trash...go tip over some cows or something.

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 02:55 AM
How do I make it my avatar? I actually made it myself!

FkLA
07-15-2009, 03:10 AM
you guys actually want him gone? lololol

i know he's inconsistant and everything, but he still helps out the bench tremendously...are u guys actually comfortable with walton, vujabtch, farmar, powe, and mbenga as your bench? lakers need to overpay or hope odom lowers his demands or else they may have to play a 5 man (non)rotation in the playoffs.

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 03:12 AM
Lakers need to overpay? Really??? News to me...the best Front office in all of sports doesn't overpay FOR ANYONE!

sabar
07-15-2009, 03:16 AM
Lakers need to overpay? Really??? News to me...the best Front office in all of sports doesn't overpay FOR ANYONE!

Well Bynum is making some serious cash for little performance. But all bigs are overpaid, they are getting rare these days. Lot of teams play undersized bigs at PF and PFs at C.

IronMexican
07-15-2009, 03:17 AM

http://www.freewebs.com/burak-22/act_sasha_vujacic.jpg

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/p1_walton.jpg

http://lakersbr.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/vladimir_radmanovic.jpg

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 03:19 AM
test

FkLA
07-15-2009, 03:22 AM

what odom is asking for seems like too much, thats what Im referring to when I say overpaying...they have to give him that or hope he lowers his demand. or do u actually have confidence in an odom-less lakers bench?

and best front office in all of sports? its not even the best in the nba homie lol. its not that hard to win when u have one of the highest salary caps in the nba and when all the big name FAs want to play in LA. try doing that shit with one of the lowest salary caps and constantly getting snubbed by big name FAs. ballin' on a budget and with a low profile.

:flag:

IronMexican
07-15-2009, 03:24 AM
Fucking dumbshits. Everyone has the same salary cap in the NBA. Some teams just go further over the cap than others.

FkLA
07-15-2009, 03:27 AM
Word misusage homie, u know what I meant no need to sweat it...meant salaries not salary caps. Bottom line is Lakers FO has a bigger budget than the Spurs FO does. They also get the big name FAs while San Antonio constantly gets snubbed by them.

Spurs FO>Lakers FO

Def Rowe
07-15-2009, 03:32 AM
They also get the big name FAs while San Antonio constantly gets snubbed by them.

Spurs FO>Lakers FO

San Antonio has a good front office. But they kinda stand pat in the offseason too much and the players they've been drafting lately are marginal.

FkLA
07-15-2009, 03:47 AM
San Antonio has a good front office. But they kinda stand pat in the offseason too much and the players they've been drafting lately are marginal.

True, but to some extent that approach was effective...good enough for a title every other year and even in the years they didnt win it they were right up there. Spurs were .4 away or a boneheaded Manu foul away from adding a couple more titles.The approach hasnt worked the last two years though and the FO stepped up with the RJ trade, Blair draft, and siging of Dice. Hopefully this can put us back on top.

And all trash talk aside, LA needs to re-sign Odom. The bench might just be the worst in the NBA without Odom.

Rogue
07-15-2009, 04:07 AM
True, but to some extent that approach was effective...good enough for a title every other year and even in the years they didnt win it they were right up there. Spurs were .4 away or a boneheaded Manu foul away from adding a couple more titles.The approach hasnt worked the last two years though and the FO stepped up with the RJ trade, Blair draft, and siging of Dice. Hopefully this can put us back on top.

And all trash talk aside, LA needs to re-sign Odom. The bench might just be the worst in the NBA without Odom.
Don't see the LA's bench being the worst without Lamar, anyway Ron Artest would be a significant upgrade over Odom but earns less. Luke Walton isn't legit but still good enough to pick some easy shots as Ariza did last season, Ron just needs to cover 24m at the SF while filling another 15m or some as Pau's backup. It's expected Lamar's time would be heavily squeezed next season even if he re-signed, I think that's a big motive driving him out of LA.

Lars
07-15-2009, 04:19 AM
you just got elimanted by us and we stole ur best player...wtf are you thinking trying to talk trash...go tip over some cows or something.

Im not talking shit. I just think its hilarous you undervalue Odom and Ariza so much and consider Artest such a difference maker. When the truth comes to light, it is going to be highly comical.

DenDen
07-15-2009, 04:29 AM
Mitch and the laker front office ain't shit, they got the easiest job in the league. Wow it must be so hard to get players to come to la la land and play with kobe. What is impressive is a smaller market team like spur, roc, heat, winning the chip. I can't wait till kobe retire or have a season ending injury, you're laker won't be shit.

DenDen
07-15-2009, 04:33 AM
Im not talking shit. I just think its hilarous you undervalue Odom and Ariza so much and consider Artest such a difference maker. When the truth comes to light, it is going to be highly comical.
That's lakers fans for you. Not a laker player, they're blew. Once that same player become a laker, laker fan all line up to give them head.

Baseline
07-15-2009, 04:54 AM

I've been saying this all along, but take from a Houston fan - Artest is a load to deal with. He takes horrible shots and monopolizes the ball. He has a hge ego and demands a ton of attention.

Well, the largest ego in the history of the sport already lives in the LA locker room. Why Laker fans don't see this potential time bomb is beyond me.

Both Ariza and Odom are low-ego dudes who can really play, will do the dirty work, yet still go with the flow and let Bryant take all the glory. Those type of low-ego guys don't grow on trees in the NBA, and certainly talented ones don't.

It's one thing for Luke Walton, who has little talent, to be a team-first guy. But Lamar is easily the third most important player on that Laker team. I've always felt that he was as important to the Lakers' success as Bryant, because all Bryant does is score. Lamar rebounds, defends the post well, runs the floor well, operates within the offense without taking bad shots, and finds people in the flow of the offense.

Bryant finds people when he can't get a shot off himself. Bryant whines at everything under the sun. You don't get any of that diva stuff from Odom anymore. He hated playing with Bryant in the beginning (after the Miami trade), but then again, most guys hate playing with Bryant. But after the initial grumblings, he has been the consumate company man and has been perfectly willing to let Bryant steamroll everybody and have his way.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-15-2009, 05:09 AM
He's offering Odom a fair shake here. $36 million over 4 years is as good a deal as Lamar will see from any team this offseason, and furthermore it is a good estimate of his true worth IMHO.

Odom is rejecting, he wants to squeeze every last penny out of Buss. But Buss will not budge, no he is a man of his word and he has always been about the Laker franchise over any individual player. Lamar you are about to learn a hard lesson in negotiations like your friend Ariza did, you don't fuck with Buss. He will give you a fair shake, you try and squeeze him dry and you will end up fucked my friend.

I think that Buss is actually a lecherous old pervert who I wouldn't piss on if he was on fire, but I agree that he's making Lamar an utterly fair offer that is spot on his real value. Lamar, whom I have always really liked as a balla, is an ungrateful idiot for turning it down.

Good post.

Spursmania
07-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Well, I think Championships are better than sticking it to Odom, people. Odom is worth 10 million to the Lakers. He can be part of a repeat or even 3 peat.

Without Odom, yes, you can all say Buss taught his ass a lesson, but your chances of a repeat go down significantly. Odom brings the versatility and stability the Lakers need off the bench. Artest alone will not make up for Odom.

Buss is just pissed because he knows damn well that Odom is waiting for Utah to match Portland's offer and he's shopping around for more money. I just don't see what's wrong with Odom taking his time to get a better deal for his family.

LnGrrrR
07-15-2009, 08:21 AM

All of sports? Really?

I think Red Wings, Patriots, Colts, Red Sox and Angels might disagree with you there.

HORNSWOGGLE
07-15-2009, 08:28 AM
You love Dr. Buss???? that is gay!!!!!

ElNono
07-15-2009, 08:43 AM

I don't think a 4 year deal was ever in the table, was it? My understanding is that he wants 4 or 5 years, but the Lakers never offered more than 3?
(I mean, besides the $1 million difference in salary)

TheManFromAcme
07-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Mitch and the laker front office ain't shit, they got the easiest job in the league. Wow it must be so hard to get players to come to la la land and play with kobe. What is impressive is a smaller market team like spur, roc, heat, winning the chip. I can't wait till kobe retire or have a season ending injury, you're laker won't be shit.

Uhm. Houston is not a small market. If I am not mistaken, is it not the 4th or 5th largest city in the U.S.?

....Just sayin.

resistanze
07-15-2009, 09:01 AM
lol @ DrHouse acting like he's not praying for Odom to come back.

That said, Odom is a moron.

However, as JamStone said in another thread, the Lakers FO put themselves in this situation with the moronic contracts of Vujachick, Ms. Jefferson and Tim Duncan Jr.

Odom is worth at least 12 million per on that team :lol

Cry Havoc
07-15-2009, 09:21 AM

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Franchise-Rankings-for-Every-Pro-Sports-Team-NFL-MLB-NBA-NHL-Blog-26332

:pimpslap

Annnnnnnnnd another one:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings/_/category/own#table

Hmmm, what's this?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/5397513/

:lmao

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Cry, runnin' as fast as he can.

GO---Cry---GO!

ulosturedge
07-15-2009, 09:36 AM
There is no one else out there to replace Odom with through FA. Which is very different then the Ariza situation. So Mr.Buss isn't holding all the cards on this one. He is just lucky that he knows no other team can offer Odom the money he's looking for. This situation is a stalemate. Odom will sign after he thinks all other teams have tried hard enough at making a bid for him in the form of a S&T or anything else. He is just trying to up the price any way he can lol.

rjv
07-15-2009, 09:41 AM
who can hate a man who drives drunk while some girl 40 years younger than him gets him off?

JamStone
07-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Well, I think Championships are better than sticking it to Odom, people. Odom is worth 10 million to the Lakers. He can be part of a repeat or even 3 peat.

Without Odom, yes, you can all say Buss taught his ass a lesson, but your chances of a repeat go down significantly. Odom brings the versatility and stability the Lakers need off the bench. Artest alone will not make up for Odom.

Buss is just pissed because he knows damn well that Odom is waiting for Utah to match Portland's offer and he's shopping around for more money. I just don't see what's wrong with Odom taking his time to get a better deal for his family.

Well said. Completely agree.

jacobdrj
07-15-2009, 09:51 AM
That is funny because this same type of thing is why a lot of people hated Mr. Davidson. He was a tough cookie.

JamStone
07-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Nothing like Bill Davidson. Davidson was basically the same way with all players. Buss signed off on deals for Luke Walton and Sasha Vujacic that were well beyond their value. And he signed off on an extension to Andrew Bynum for $14.5 million to a 21 year old kid who hadn't proven much in the league.

Bill Davidson played hardball all the time. Buss is playing hardball now because of stupid shit he's signed off on. If the Lakers didn't give those contracts to Luke and Sasha or if they signed Bynum to a more reasonable extension, even say $10-11 million per, Odom would be re-signed by now.

J.T.
07-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Throw in unlimited free M&M's for the life of the contract and I bet Odom takes that deal.

jacobdrj
07-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Throw in unlimited free M&M's for the life of the contract and I bet Odom takes that deal.

M&M's are for us poor folk. He needs truffles. Lots and lots of truffles.

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Nothing like Bill Davidson. Davidson was basically the same way with all players. Buss signed off on deals for Luke Walton and Sasha Vujacic that were well beyond their value. And he signed off on an extension to Andrew Bynum for $14.5 million to a 21 year old kid who hadn't proven much in the league.

Bill Davidson played hardball all the time. Buss is playing hardball now because of stupid shit he's signed off on. If the Lakers didn't give those contracts to Luke and Sasha or if they signed Bynum to a more reasonable extension, even say $10-11 million per, Odom would be re-signed by now.

Hard to argue against Buss. He's got the lion's share of the 15.

JamStone
07-15-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't question championships.

But don't mistake fortune for diligence or intelligence.

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 10:16 AM

Well, Hells bells, Jam, it's difficult to find a smidge of a crack in that argument. You've successfully covered every square inch of your tight ass.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 10:16 AM
but don't mistake fortune for diligence or intelligence.

+763476832483

JamStone
07-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Well, Hells bells, Jam, it's difficult to find a smidge of a crack in that argument. You've successfully covered every square inch of your tight ass.

Use lotion when your ass burns.

TheMACHINE
07-15-2009, 11:14 AM

There is a difference between UNDERVALUING and OVERPAYING.

TheMACHINE
07-15-2009, 11:16 AM

at the same time, there is nothing wrong with him pulling the deal off the table while Odom waits for other deals. Business is business. You want to shop me around, when you come back deal is gonna be different.

Sportcamper
07-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Being from LA & being a Lakers fan...I don't know...It is like what Whoopee Goldberg said at the academy awards show…Aren’t we something special?

Come on…The world looks to Los Angeles & their fans to be “SOMETHING SPECIAL”… WE…The Lakers & Their fans…Need to keep the bar higher….WE need to remember that people through out the world depend on us to be great…WE are the North star of Cities & Sports…Constant & the brightest star of all…

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Yes, Sports, we're why the Bobcats attain consciousness twice a year. And the Blazers a couple more than that.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Just like you said about Shaq, what if Buss plays hardball, drops his offer, Lamar bolts and the Lakers do not repeat or win again while Kobe is a Laker? Is that a good move?

Sportcamper
07-15-2009, 11:37 AM
It is true...City after City of NBA stadiums that are normally empty…Are filled to capacity to witness 1st hand the brilliance of Zen Man, Kobe, D-Fish…Heck when I travel & people find out that I am a Lakers fan from LA…They ask for my autograph…

DenDen
07-15-2009, 11:39 AM
The Clippers have the same city, same arena, same nice weather, same lovely women, both just the opposite results.

Stop talking out of your ass for a change.
Don't even bring up the clippers, they need to leave la. Yeah the clippers have everything you mention, but they don't have kobe or the annoying homers.

Sportcamper
07-15-2009, 11:54 AM
I can honestly say that I have NEVER met a smug or annoying Lakers fan…They are the most “down to earth” & “humble” people on earth…

TheMACHINE
07-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Just like you said about Shaq, what if Buss plays hardball, drops his offer, Lamar bolts and the Lakers do not repeat or win again while Kobe is a Laker? Is that a good move?

dude..u do know we still have some pretty good players right?

BRHornet45
07-15-2009, 12:19 PM
sons but he has a family to feed

iggypop123
07-15-2009, 12:55 PM
i doubt he has hippopotamus as kids like sprewell requiring millions for food

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-15-2009, 01:06 PM
I look at it from a situation of feeling disrespected and the Lakers FO and Jerry Buss, they especially feel like Odom and his agent are playing games. Just like when Shaq gestured to Buss "pay me". Well and we all know where Shaq landed after that.

Wombatzu
07-15-2009, 01:09 PM
i think if Odom liked his role on the team and the people he was playing with, he would be willing to accept less money. but he doesn't, so he wants to be paid, and is probably willing to land somewhere else for less money if he gets a starting gig and doesn't have to put up with someone like Kobe.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Are you stupid, or just playing stupid? Were talking Lamar Odumb here.

dude..u do know we still have some pretty good players right?

No one is saying the Lakers will not be contenders if they lose Odom. Why are Laker "fans" so thick headed?

The Lakers will still be one of the best teams without Odom, but losing him will close the gap and probably put the Lakers behind the Celtics, Orlando and Cleavland with regards to the best teams.

Losing two key players in a championship run, when one is your third best player and would continue to be even next year, is not a good thing.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 01:10 PM
I look at it from a situation of feeling disrespected and the Lakers FO and Jerry Buss, they especially feel like Odom and his agent are playing games. Just like when Shaq gestured to Buss "pay me". Well and we all know where Shaq landed after that.

With another championship in Miami?

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 01:44 PM
what odom is asking for seems like too much, thats what Im referring to when I say overpaying...they have to give him that or hope he lowers his demand. or do u actually have confidence in an odom-less lakers bench?

and best front office in all of sports? its not even the best in the nba homie lol. its not that hard to win when u have one of the highest salary caps in the nba and when all the big name FAs want to play in LA. try doing that shit with one of the lowest salary caps and constantly getting snubbed by big name FAs. ballin' on a budget and with a low profile.

:flag:

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 01:51 PM
The Celtics, yeah, but not the Cavs, or our newly added bitches, the Magic. And I like how you left out the fact that we upgraded the spot that Ariza vacated.

That is because Ron+Powell is not better than Odom+Ariza. The Cavs and Orlando have gotten better, the Lakers swapping Artest for Odom+Ariza does not make them better imo.

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 01:56 PM
All of sports? Really?

I think Red Wings, Patriots, Colts, Red Sox and Angels might disagree with you there.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Angels and their 1 title in 40 + years of existence??? LMAO....HILARIOUS!!! At least say the true baseball team from LA...the Dodgers...you MIGHT have an argument.

Red Wings are a great franchise...but their greatness does not even begin to compare with the Lakers. They do have 11 titles though.

The COLTS??!!?!? HAHA comapre to the Lakers?!?!?! HAha really???? Their whole 4 Super Bowl rings??? Not even going to start....try again...

Patriots LMAO - They have NO history...the are like the Spurs. They had a great decade but that is it....ands its becasue they freakin cheated...besides the point....ridiculous comparison.

Red Sox - Probably your best one of all. A team that didn't win a world series for over 80 years. A team that traded away the best player ever. (Lakers could have ended up like this trading away the GOAT...but guess what...they didn't!!!) I'm just going to :lol:lol:lol and call it a day.

Thanks for the :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 01:58 PM
All that matters in the NBA are the Celtics. There are the Celtics then everyone else. The Lakers are not better than any other team. There is no such thing as second place. Only Celtics fans can talk.

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 01:58 PM

You know...at some point you have to draw the line. At 15 championships and 30 freakin finals apperances....I think the time calls for recognition. 15 and 30 isn't because of luck or fortune. Can we agree on that?

Luck or fortune = winning a strike shortened season...getting "injured" and picking up the #1 pick in the draft....all things in a short period of time...things that probably won't happen again...

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 01:59 PM
All that matters in the NBA are the Celtics. There are the Celtics then everyone else. The Lakers are not better than any other team. There is no such thing as second place. Only Celtics fans can talk.

Because they won TEN....TEN of their titles when the league had 8 teams???? Naw...we can talk...we are on top....

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Because they won TEN....TEN of their titles when the league had 8 teams???? Naw...we can talk...we are on top....

Nope, you cannot. Lakers are just like the Clippers or Mavs, behind the Celtics. Record books show the Celtics with the most 'chips, so STFU loser.

Muser
07-15-2009, 02:05 PM

They still won, and by my calculations a :lobt: then = :lobt: now.

DrHouse
07-15-2009, 02:11 PM
The Celtics are a great franchise, but they have had their droughts (i.e. 20+ years without a Final's appearance).

The Lakers have consistently been excellent in every decade. Buss is as good an owner as there is in the NBA world.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Then the argument about franchise of the decade gets clouded by that line of thinking House. Same amount of titles for the Spurs and Lakers but the Spurs have been more consistent. Lakers missed the playoffs and the Spurs have a better win %.

So you have to pick one or the other in the line or reasoning.

JamStone
07-15-2009, 02:25 PM
You know...at some point you have to draw the line. At 15 championships and 30 freakin finals apperances....I think the time calls for recognition. 15 and 30 isn't because of luck or fortune. Can we agree on that?

Luck or fortune = winning a strike shortened season...getting "injured" and picking up the #1 pick in the draft....all things in a short period of time...things that probably won't happen again...

You should probably understand the post before responding to it.

The post you quoted wasn't about the Lakers franchise. It was in response to the notion that you can't argue with Jerry Buss simply because of all his titles as owner. Talking about Buss' fortune vs. his decision making. Buss isn't even the one who has made all those personnel moves that won all those titles. Saying you can't argue with Buss because he won all those titles as owner is tantamount to claiming you can't argue with any of Obama's stances on issues because he won the election. Buss has been successful, but that doesn't mean he always handles every situation perfectly. I can criticize him for how he is handling the Odom negotiations just the same as criticizing how he handled Shaq. Doesn't take away any of his titles nor does it mean he's not a good owner.

Again, you probably should have understood the actual discussion before putting your two cents in.

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Nope, you cannot. Lakers are just like the Clippers or Mavs, behind the Celtics. Record books show the Celtics with the most 'chips, so STFU loser.

Lakers = Clippers = Mavs

Yep...that's why your friends are talking about the Lakers are incredible "fortunate"...yep...great logic....no disrespect to the celtics...great case as #1 franchise....but 20 year droughts....swallowed in mediocrity....building HALF empty....never seen in Laker land....EVERRRRRR

:toast

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 02:30 PM
You should probably understand the post before responding to it.

The post you quoted wasn't about the Lakers franchise. It was in response to the notion that you can't argue with Jerry Buss simply because of all his titles as owner. Talking about Buss' fortune vs. his decision making. Buss isn't even the one who has made all those personnel moves that won all those titles. Saying you can't argue with Buss because he won all those titles as owner is tantamount to claiming you can't argue with any of Obama's stances on issues because he won the election. Buss has been successful, but that doesn't mean he always handles every situation perfectly. I can criticize him for how he is handling the Odom negotiations just the same as criticizing how he handled Shaq. Doesn't take away any of his titles nor does it mean he's not a good owner.

Again, you probably should have understood the actual discussion before putting your two cents in.

If you are criticizing him for the LO negotiations...why the fortunate and not intelligient?? Not understanding that....what is that relating to?

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Lakers = Clippers = Mavs

Yep...that's why your friends are talking about the Lakers are incredible "fortunate"...yep...great logic....no disrespect to the celtics...great case as #1 franchise....but 20 year droughts....swallowed in mediocrity....building HALF empty....never seen in Laker land....EVERRRRRR

Who cares about droughts? Lakers missed the playoffs as well recently. All anyone cares about is titles. Celtics > everyone else. So just stop talking. There is no such thing as second place.

TheMACHINE
07-15-2009, 02:32 PM

:lol.

milkshakeballa
Kobe MVP chants in Boston...hmm.

Was going say that but decided not too.....I can guarantee you that the ONE lottery year the Lakers have in the next 30....no Celtic will get cheers in Staples...150% I will put my life on it...:toast

TheMACHINE
Who cares about droughts? Lakers missed the playoffs as well recently. All anyone cares about is titles. Celtics > everyone else. So just stop talking. There is no such thing as second place.

Lakers = second place in titles. BAM! Out of nowhere there is such a thing.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Lakers = second place in titles. BAM! Out of nowhere there is such a thing.

No one cares about second place. Second place is the FIRST LOSER. BAM! :lol

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 02:35 PM
What is extra funny is Laker "fans" have to down play the franchise that owns their collective asses by making up b.s. arguments. Titles talk.

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 02:35 PM

Hmm....there is such thing as second place. 30 FINALS apperances for this illustrious franchise. That's being elite every freaking year in this league. Amazing huh?

I think Boston fans care abotu droughts...they are about to go on another one!! You guys might care about droughts when Duncan retires (unless you tank again)....us Laker fans....a few years IS a drought...its great...and we don't have many of them....one small couple year drought every few decades...we can live with it :)

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Whats funny is Spurs fans have to use the success of other teams to smack talk with Lakers fans.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin

CHECK MATE.

Game.

Set.

MATCH

DrHouse
Whats funny is Spurs fans have to use the success of other teams to smack talk with Lakers fans.

And then they go around taunting Mav fans about rings.

4 RINGS FAGGOT!

DPG21920
Hmm....there is such thing as second place. 30 FINALS apperances for this illustrious franchise. That's being elite every freaking year in this league. Amazing huh?

I think Boston fans care abotu droughts...they are about to go on another one!! You guys might care about droughts when Duncan retires (unless you tank again)....us Laker fans....a few years IS a drought...its great...and we don't have many of them....one small couple year drought every few decades...we can live with it :)

You were arguing that the Lakers were the best franchise. I shut you up with one word: Celtics.

So now you are arguing that the Lakers are the 2nd best franchise?

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Celtics own the Lakers, but I dont think that was the point.

It was the kettle calling the pot black. Laker "fans" were tooting their own horns saying they were the "best". They clearly are not. They have to talk smack about the best franchise to prop their own up, it is pathetic.

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 02:43 PM
You were arguing that the Lakers were the best franchise. I shut you up with one word: Celtics.

So now you are arguing that the Lakers are the 2nd best franchise?

Nope...I'm arguing about the value and historical aspect of 2nd place....not about Boston being #1. Read my earlier post about who I think is #1.

Staples Center will NEVER be half empty....

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 02:43 PM
and then they go around taunting mav fans about rings.

4 rings faggot!

10 rings; kiss it!

TheMACHINE
07-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Nope...I'm arguing about the value and historical aspect of 2nd place....not about Boston being #1. Read my earlier post about who I think is #1.

Staples Center will NEVER be half empty....

And Staples Center will never chant MVP to a Celtics player.

Strike
07-15-2009, 02:46 PM
The Clippers have the same city, same arena, same nice weather, same lovely women, both just the opposite results.

Stop talking out of your ass for a change.

The Clippers don't already have Kobe Bryant. They also don't have an owner willing to spend the way Buss does.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 02:47 PM

That is saying you are the best and on top. Celtics are better than the Lakers and they are on top. No one measures by consistency, they measure by titles.

TheMACHINE
07-15-2009, 02:48 PM
That is saying you are the best and on top. Celtics are better than the Lakers and they are on top. No one measures by consistency, they measure by titles.

Yup..so just be happy your in 4th place

Muser
07-15-2009, 02:49 PM
This same argument has been played out on this forum 0230492420342303804u3rh9283u42u4 times before, why go through it again?

ducks
07-15-2009, 02:50 PM
The Celtics are a great franchise, but they have had their droughts (i.e. 20+ years without a Final's appearance).

The Lakers have consistently been excellent in every decade. Buss is as good an owner as there is in the NBA world.

he lied to kobe
refused to build a title contender even though they had kobe
kobe actually wanted out
jerry west promised him gasol
then kobe stayed
BAD owner

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 02:50 PM
The Clippers don't already have Kobe Bryant. They also don't have an owner willing to spend the way Buss does.

Lakers have been winning championships long before Kobe and long after. Our franchise title window isn't dedicated to one player (like Spurs and Duncan). :)

TheMACHINE
07-15-2009, 02:51 PM
This same argument has been played out on this forum 0230492420342303804u3rh9283u42u4 times before, why go through it again?

cuz DPG90210 is known never to let things go...ever...this thread will hit 202 pages before he stops.

Muser
07-15-2009, 02:51 PM
he lied to kobe
refused to build a title contender even though they had kobe
kobe actually wanted out
jerry west promised him gasol
then kobe stayed
BAD owner

Getting Gasol makes him a bad owner? :wakeup

DenDen
07-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Lakers have been winning championships long before Kobe and long after. Our franchise title window isn't dedicated to one player (like Spurs and Duncan). :)
When kobe hang up his hyperdunk, its over for the purple and pisst. Who is your next great laker cornerstone, Bynum :rollin:rollin:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:rollin

JamStone
07-15-2009, 02:55 PM
If you are criticizing him for the LO negotiations...why the fortunate and not intelligient?? Not understanding that....what is that relating to?

Go back and follow the discussion.

This thread is about praising Buss for his hard stance with Odom. Someone compared him to the late Pistons owner Bill Davidson. I distinguished the two because Davidson was consistent with how he handled players and negotiations and offering fair deals with basically a take it or leave it approach. The inferences in this thread that Buss is doing the right and shrewd thing is what I challenge. Because if he was this smart, hardball negotiator then he should been the same with Andrew Bynum and his agent. And if he was so tactful about financial prudence, he should have never signed off on the Luke and Sasha contracts.

You can't bottomline an argument and say Buss can't be questioned merely because he is successful. Enron and GM were very successful for years but obviously there were decisions that could have been questioned along the way. I don't think it was Jerry Buss behind all of the Lakers success. I think it was first of all Jerry West more so, plus the fortune of the Lakers brand combined with the draw of Los Angeles that were more vital to the success of the Lakers.

When it comes to Jerry Buss, don't mistake fortune for diligence or intelligence. He certainly can be questioned.

Muser
07-15-2009, 02:57 PM

I'll be a hypocrite and bite.

San Antonio have had 3 franchise players in their history (Gervin,Robinson and Duncan)

L.A have had way more (Kareem, Magic, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe, Worthy?, Baylor, West)

Obviously L.A is gonna attract the big names, hence why they are successful.

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 03:14 PM
I'll be a hypocrite and bite.

San Antonio have had 3 franchise players in their history (Gervin,Robinson and Duncan)

L.A have had way more (Kareem, Magic, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe, Worthy?, Baylor, West)

Obviously L.A is gonna attract the big names, hence why they are successful.

:) but how many championship have they won with the other 2?

Muser
07-15-2009, 03:20 PM
:) but how many championship have they won with the other 2?

Robinson has 2

Gervin has none, but being realistic nobody was beating showtime in the late 70's/80's.

milkshakeballa
07-15-2009, 03:24 PM
When kobe hang up his hyperdunk, its over for the purple and pisst. Who is your next great laker cornerstone, Bynum :rollin:rollin:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:rollin

LOL they said it when Wilt left...then said it when Kareem retired....they said it when Magic has to suddenly retire from HIV....they said it when we traded shaq....and they will continue to say it in the future...

TheManFromAcme
07-15-2009, 03:25 PM

Ouch!:wow

FireDavidStern
07-15-2009, 03:31 PM

Are you bragging about the Lakers only winning half of their finals appearances? Also 89 to 99 is more than a few years.

johngateswhiteley
07-15-2009, 03:45 PM
he is not a fucking doctor...he has a PhD. tired of people calling him dr. buss. call him...oh, and i know this may be a stretch...Mr. Buss or Jerry Buss or if you must, Jerry Buss PhD.

but laker fans are a bunch of twats...i'm not surprised.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 04:39 PM
cuz DPG90210 is known never to let things go...ever...this thread will hit 202 pages before he stops.

LMFAO at you sons. The laker crew are the ones always arguing. Look at the main threads on this board in the NBA section and see who has more posts, me or the laker crew individuals.

Yall argue and troll on everyone. Don't be mad when you get called out for it.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 04:41 PM

Nope, with Laker fan logic, Spurs are tied with the Lakers, behind the Celtics. Laker "fans" always say only the best can talk to them, so the only fans who can talk are Celtic fans. That is it. STFU losers.

iggypop123
07-15-2009, 07:41 PM
he does have a phd. DR. is either from being a MD, PHD. or a rap artist.i doubt its the latter

La Peace
07-15-2009, 08:15 PM
This is a cool discussion

resistanze
07-15-2009, 08:31 PM
The motherfucker has a PhD in chemistry.

ElNono
07-15-2009, 08:36 PM
I don't think a 4 year deal was ever in the table, was it? My understanding is that he wants 4 or 5 years, but the Lakers never offered more than 3?
(I mean, besides the $1 million difference in salary)

Anybody?

carrao45
07-15-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't give a fuck about Dr. Buss. Odom needs to be back, i don't care if Buss has to pay 20 Million.

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Buss has 9 NBA Championships during his Los Angeles Lakers stewardship of 30 years.

I God's.

You don't see that bandied about Media, eh?

carrao45
07-15-2009, 09:57 PM

History Man...The Lakers always bounce back.

When Kobe hangs em up, The Lakers will get a new Superstar fairly quickly.
Mikan, then Baylor&West, then Wilt, then Kareem, then Magic, then Worthy, then Shaq&Kobe, then Gasol.

History, Superstar and Star players are drawn to LA and the Lakers

carrao45
07-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Robinson has 2

Gervin has none, but being realistic nobody was beating showtime in the late 70's/80's.

Showtime didn't exist in the late 70's, just the 80's

carrao45
07-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Anybody?

Lakers offered 3yr 27 Million, 3yr 30 Million, 4yr 36 Million.
In that order

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Showtime didn't exist in the late 70's, just the 80's

After Magic ran Nixon & Westhead off :lol

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Ya but sometimes you get Kwame sometimes you get Kobe. It is a crap shoot. If the Lakers do not start managing their cap space better, they won't be able to pluck FA's away anymore.

Maybe that is why the Sasha/Luke/Vlads contracts are being taken out on Ariza/Odom.

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Ya but sometimes you get Kwame sometimes you get Kobe.

Yeah, but, Kwame turned into Gasol.

KidCongo
07-15-2009, 10:24 PM
I may be over-stepping my boundaries here, but I'd say you could bet money one of the top 3 High School Freshmans or Sophmores from this year to wind up on the Lakers once Kobe retires.

I cant wait to see this shit start all over agin. :lol

We'll be watching them bust.

ElNono
07-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Lakers offered 3yr 27 Million, 3yr 30 Million, 4yr 36 Million.
In that order

Thanks.

carrao45
07-15-2009, 10:32 PM
After Magic ran Nixon & Westhead off :lol

:lol
Magic>>>Those guys, Nixon was no scrub though

Culburn369
07-16-2009, 12:46 AM
Nixon was no scrub though

Precisely. It was just a power struggle and Buss chose Magic. Contrast that with Magic's ascension over Jabbar. Jabbar wisely stepped aside and it was a peaceful & most beneficial change. A natural progression. Contrast that with the power struggle twixt Daddy & Kobe. Shaq wanted a little buddy and Kobe had no intention of being the little buddy. We were damn fortunate to get 3 before that went south.

FkLA
07-16-2009, 01:10 AM

:lol

What a little bitch. I could understand if a team that wasnt one of those 8 teams in the league during that time said this...but werent the Lakers one of those 8 teams? They shouldve done something about the Cs reign if they are indeed the greatest team in the league like u say they are.

Look down on the Spurs all you want, but the Lakers still need to catch up to the big boys up in Boston when it comes to championships. We've barely established ourselves as a respectable franchise the last decade, we have nowhere near the history the Lakers do...noone is disputing that idiot. What people are saying is the Lakers arent the best like u seem to think they are. Cs are still on top.

kingmalaki
07-16-2009, 05:48 AM
Your best player took a paycut to come to LA:toast

Yeah...it's really taking a paycut when the team says "we won't pay you what you want". Artest was a great signing for y'all, but let's not change the facts and act like he chose less $$ and LA over more $$ and Houston. He went to LA AFTER the Rockets said no (only 1 yr offered vs multiple years and more guarenteed $$ in LA).

carrao45
07-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Buss is a failure if Odom doesnt return

Culburn369
07-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Buss is a failure if Odom doesnt return

Don't be absurd, carr, only one owner, only one team has won 9 Championships in professional sports in the past 30 years. That owner is Jerry Buss.

carrao45
07-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Don't be absurd, carr, only one owner, only one team has won 9 Championships in professional sports in the past 30 years. That owner is Jerry Buss.

he failed THIS OFFSEASON if the Lakers don't resign Odom

Culburn369
07-16-2009, 10:32 AM
he failed THIS OFFSEASON if the Lakers don't resign Odom

:rolleyes Yer overwrought, carr. If Odom doesn't return it will be a jolt, but, it is not a death knell. There is the sign & trade, there is other free agents if he signs outright (I doubt we'd use that option), there is the trade deadline in January when the losers will be looking to shed payroll and we can use them as a means to an end. Regardless if Odom comes that trade deadline in this economy will be a boon to the Lakers. It's gonna be a gold mine.