PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks considering Von Wafer

Phillip
07-15-2009, 08:46 AM
:tu I like this.

Nice guy to have off the bench. Young, explosive athlete who can score some points. Has tons of potential, but low IQ, similar to guys like J.R. Smith and Gerald Green.

Considering the way Jason Kidd's IQ rubs off on everyone else... perhaps it could do the same for Von Wafer. Especially after seeing how much J.R. Smith's BBIQ improved with the arrival of Chauncey Billups, I think this would be a fantastic pickup.

Rumors are looking at a potential Humphries for Wafer swap, which is cool with me. Houston needs size. Dallas needs an explosive young swingman.

Shank
07-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Is 5 teams in 4 years a good thing?

He's not bad, but why is he bounced around so much?

sribb43
07-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Is this your rumor? If so its just a guys opinion...

David Lord wants to work on ways for the Mavs to land Von Wafer. So I’m giving the man lots of elbow room. Von Wafer it is

And Stein says Dallas is shopping Kris Humphries for a guard? Hey. .. Houston’s Von Wafer is a restricted FA 2-guard! And Houston maybe could use a big man! You think?

iilluzioN
07-15-2009, 08:49 AM
link?

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 08:52 AM
There's a poster over on phxsuns.net who is some kind of juiced in hot shot who claims Wafer is signing with the Suns. Done deal according to him.

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Here it is:
http://www.phxsuns.net/showthread.php?t=1586&page=23

http://www.phxsuns.net/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: Free agent/trade/acquisition watch/update thread
From IHG's (IHateGinobilli) twitter: Suns getting Von Wafer, you heard it here first.

Is he a FA or is this some type of trade?

Findog
07-15-2009, 08:59 AM

For a spot in the rotation and some scoring and size at the 2, I'll take him.

sribb43
07-15-2009, 09:00 AM
For a spot in the rotation and some scoring and size at the 2, I'll take him.

why would we need Von Wafer?...We have Matt Carroll:rolleyes

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 09:00 AM
But, Adelman had to run him off during the playoffs because he took a fit on the bench.

Rogue
07-15-2009, 09:04 AM
:tu I like this.

Nice guy to have off the bench. Young, explosive athlete who can score some points. Has tons of potential, but low IQ, similar to guys like J.R. Smith and Gerald Green.

Considering the way Jason Kidd's IQ rubs off on everyone else... perhaps it could do the same for Von Wafer. Especially after seeing how much J.R. Smith's BBIQ improved with the arrival of Chauncey Billups, I think this would be a fantastic pickup.

Rumors are looking at a potential Humphries for Wafer swap, which is cool with me. Houston needs size. Dallas needs an explosive young swingman.

The Mavs are in urgent demand for a swing man after losing both Wright and Dickbreath in the 3-side deal that brought in Marion. Wafer might be a nice pickup and Humphries isn't a big expense either, but it would be a big shame to play him as our starting 2 if smokey turned out unfit for this role.

Reeko_Htown
07-15-2009, 09:39 AM

Because he doesn't know his role and can't keep his mouth shut. Complaining about PT while trailing in a playoff do or die game doesn't help keep you on the same team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 10:14 AM
There's a poster over on phxsuns.net who is some kind of juiced in hot shot who claims Wafer is signing with the Suns. Done deal according to him.

That guy IHateGinobili posts all over the place, I'm not sold on his "insider" info being that reliable.

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 10:18 AM
That guy IHateGinobili posts all over the place, I'm not sold on his "insider" info being that reliable.

I guess he was on a hot streak until some stumble last week cast a cloud over his Kreskin personna.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 10:24 AM
I guess he was on a hot streak until some stumble last week cast a cloud over his Kreskin personna.

Whenever I lurk at realgm and read his predictions, none of them turn out to be true.

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 10:31 AM
They swear by him over at .net, save one guy who took him to task over the weekend. It was a riot.

djohn2oo8
07-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Because he doesn't know his role and can't keep his mouth shut. Complaining about PT while trailing in a playoff do or die game doesn't help keep you on the same team.

And being intimidated by Sasha Vujacic didn't help his cause