PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Lakers

Rummpd
04-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Dear Lakers/Supposed Pride of the NBA:

For "Tanking".

Sincerely,

The Suns

(cc: Spurs fans and Heat fans, well at least we enjoyed this exhibition game)

milkyway21
04-06-2005, 12:04 AM
:D :D :D

i feel sorry :cry for Kobe, bec. i like Kobe than BIG mouth ShaQ

but I'm happy for LakerGod. :elephant

howbouthemspurs
04-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Lakers suck.........thats the only thing possitive i could say about them.

LakerGod
04-06-2005, 12:11 AM
INJURIES...

The spursies have been there ...

Rummpd
04-06-2005, 12:13 AM
B.S. we played the Spurs without Manu and Duncan and played them close at their place.

Go hide now.

smeagol
04-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Remember when LakerFans were saying it was a disgrace that the Spurs tanked that season (was it the 96/97 season?)?

Fvcking hypocrites. Now when its their turn to tank, they come up with a million excuses on why this time is diffirent, why this time tanking is OK.

Fvckers!

LakerGod
04-06-2005, 12:16 AM
spurs fans don't have room to talk smack, Thaking the Lakers for tanking it's like calling the kettle black...

Did you already forget about 1997?

LakerGod
04-06-2005, 12:17 AM
We don't have reason to tank, the spurs did in 1997...TD

Who are the Lakers tanking for?

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-06-2005, 12:19 AM

Good point LG. The Lakers simply suck ass.

milkyway21
04-06-2005, 12:24 AM
finally the Lakers come BIG this year!

THE BIGGEST UPSET OF THE 2004-2005 NBA SEASON:elephant

duncan2k5
04-06-2005, 12:26 AM
i think we are overestimating the lakers. they just suck. not tanking. you have to be able to win the games you play in to tank

LakerGod
04-06-2005, 12:30 AM
finally the Lakers come BIG this year!

THE BIGGEST UPSET OF THE 2004-2005 NBA SEASON:elephantNo, actually the biggest upset would be if the spursies don't win the title...

No Shaq, No Lakers...c'mon you can't even get the best record in the league?

duncan2k5
04-06-2005, 12:34 AM
the best record in the league doesn't win championships.

LakerGod
04-06-2005, 12:36 AM
the best record in the league doesn't win championships.
Yeah I remember now... was it in 2001 when the spursies had the best overall record only to get swept by the Lakers in the WCF?

Rummpd
04-06-2005, 12:50 AM
It is the year 2012 and the NBA community is shaking it head. Despite the retirement of Duncan the indomitable Tony Parker and the elder statesman Ginobli plus 6 guys with names with 20 characters are on their way to another championship under PJ Carlisimo, who took over for Pop last year, after Pop won his last championship sans Duncans.

They are facing this year the NY Knicks with James, an aging Kobe, an aging KG and bits and pieces that Isiah has gathered around them. These 3 stars despite their great past are not favored over the deeper, team oriented and defense minded Spurs who won 65 games this year steamrolling through the playoffs.

Since moving Kobe, LA remains a lottery bound team, but even that has not stopped the losing. Meanwhile their cross town rivals the Clippers are celebrating their first division championship and appear ready to test the Spurs in the coming years. What hurts the most is to see Penny and Jack N. at the Lakers games along with a cluster of aging LA wannabees. The Lakers have lost their luster, and tickets go at face value and many seats are empty again and again.

Yes Lakers fans that is your future.

milkyway21
04-06-2005, 01:00 AM

you are right, your team cannot just tank the season......

the Lakers team SUCKS:throwupsp, that's why they are out of the playoff picture. what other reason could it be? :lol

san antonio spurs
04-06-2005, 01:43 AM
It is the year 2012 and the NBA community is shaking it head. Despite the retirement of Duncan the indomitable Tony Parker and the elder statesman Ginobli plus 6 guys with names with 20 characters are on their way to another championship under PJ Carlisimo, who took over for Pop last year, after Pop won his last championship sans Duncans.

They are facing this year the NY Knicks with James, an aging Kobe, an aging KG and bits and pieces that Isiah has gathered around them. These 3 stars despite their great past are not favored over the deeper, team oriented and defense minded Spurs who won 65 games this year steamrolling through the playoffs.

Since moving Kobe, LA remains a lottery bound team, but even that has not stopped the losing. Meanwhile their cross town rivals the Clippers are celebrating their first division championship and appear ready to test the Spurs in the coming years. What hurts the most is to see Penny and Jack N. at the Lakers games along with a cluster of aging LA wannabees. The Lakers have lost their luster, and tickets go at face value and many seats are empty again and again.

ur comments were more encouraging on LG though.
when u promised them stars and moon next season. :rolleyes
________
Novana Residence Condominium Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

baseline bum
04-06-2005, 02:07 AM
Tanking? Nah... Kobe just isn't that good.

milkyway21
04-06-2005, 02:30 AM
LakerGod sure does remember the Lakers sweeping the Spurs.

but, how about the Spurs sweeping the Lakers in the 1999 playoffs? oh, that was SWEET :D

2003 Spurs' sweep of the Lakers, in the regular season?(sorry, for Kobe :cry ing).

the current 2004-05 season?

hey :idiot we're EVEN. so shut the :blah up

slayermin
04-06-2005, 05:41 AM

The Lakers have had too much success for the fortunes not to go bad. I am thinking a downward spiral, similar to the San Francisco 49ers.

spursupporter
04-06-2005, 06:50 AM
lakers are just suck!

Useruser666
04-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Lakers = Washington Generals

Jimcs50
04-06-2005, 08:35 AM
Her is my prediction from Nov 3rd:

11-03-2004, 10:04 PM #16
Jimcs50
Nostradamas Jr.

Position: Dominant Center
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $25
Re: Prediction: Western Conference Playoff Seeds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

West

1. Spurs
2. Wolves
3. Suns
4. Mavs
5. Grizzlies
6. Kings
7. Nuggets
8. Rockets

I am the only one in here that knew LA was shit w/o Shaq.

:smokin

Useruser666
04-06-2005, 08:37 AM
I said they wouldn't make the playoffs.

Ishta
04-06-2005, 08:39 AM

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimcs50
04-06-2005, 08:41 AM
I said they wouldn't make the playoffs.

Let me see the post....

You have to have proof in order to say I told you so.

:)

Useruser666
04-06-2005, 08:48 AM
I'm not saying that. I'm countering your "I'm the only one to know!" post.

Jimcs50
04-06-2005, 08:49 AM
I'm not saying that. I'm countering your "I'm the only one to know!" post.

ah ha

circles_eternal
04-06-2005, 08:50 AM
the best thing about all this is...on the day the Lakers get eliminated from the playoffs, the Heat clinch the #1 seed in the East.

Sportcamper
04-06-2005, 08:53 AM
O'Neal, after his new team defeated his old one last month in Miami, said the Lakers were merely a "so-so" team...Turns out, he was being generous..... Los Angeles Times...

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2005-04/17013292.jpg

Rummpd
04-06-2005, 08:55 AM
As someone who used to believe they would bounce back, I have seen in the last two weeks the real future of the Lakers and it is not pretty, they are like the Celtics falling apart s/p Bird etc.

Kobe = McGrady without support and may even be worse. I used to think Kobe was going to be a difference maker even without Shaq to a point but I was dead wrong. Kobe without Shaq is a cancer period. They are now looking for Kidd to come in to save them, hope they get rid of Odom. Parker owns Kidd these days when on his game.

Medvedenko
04-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Fuck you guys are geniouses for predicting the laker fall from grace.....I don't have any excuses....why bother. There is no reason to get emotional anymore, especially for the rest of the year. I wish good luck to the spurs and the rest of the L.

adidas11
04-06-2005, 09:18 AM
The Lakers finished at right about where their talent level dictates.

Can anyone honestly say that the Lakers are "better" than any of the teams that are ahead of them in the standings?

It hurts, without a doubt. I really wanted the Lakers to make the playoffs. But seeing where they were standing back in January, and knowing that they had a tough schedule in March and April, I could see this coming.

Hopefully they can continue to rebuild, land some solid players in the draft, and come back strong next year.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Hopefully

Jimcs50
04-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Fuck you guys are geniouses for predicting the laker fall from grace.....I don't have any excuses....why bother. There is no reason to get emotional anymore, especially for the rest of the year. I wish good luck to the spurs and the rest of the L.

Hey man, we have all been there. The 85-89 era was horrible for me, as I was used to having my team win every year in the Ice Age.

Then we got lucky in the draft and it has been smooth sailing every year but the injury yrs.

Good luck to your team in the yrs to come.

They will be back, I just hope you dump Kobe.

SPURS-SPURS-SPURS
04-06-2005, 09:46 AM
LakerGod sure does remember the Lakers sweeping the Spurs.

but, how about the Spurs sweeping the Lakers in the 1999 playoffs? oh, that was SWEET :D

2003 Spurs' sweep of the Lakers, in the regular season?(sorry, for Kobe :cry ing).

the current 2004-05 season?

hey :idiot we're EVEN. so shut the :blah up

Thats right their is NO CRYING IN BASKETBALL :lol :lol :lol

sa_butta
04-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Thank you for participating in the 2005 NBA season
we have some great parting gifts for you...
Please pick up your bait and tackle box upon exiting the arena.

Sportcamper
04-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Bear with us Dr. Jim...Fans of the Kings, Wizards, Blazers & Spurs are used to taking two licks of their ice cream cone and having the rest of it fall to the ground....

It is a new experience for Lakers fans.... :lol

TDfan2007
04-06-2005, 10:24 AM
spurs fans don't have room to talk smack, Thaking the Lakers for tanking it's like calling the kettle black...

Did you already forget about 1997?

Oh yes, we only had David for less than 20 games that season and Sean was out for a lot of the season too. Get over it, your team sucks because your so-called savior refuses to be a team player. The Laker's playoff hopes ended the second they traded Shaq to the Heat.

Sometimes when you don't know jack shit about anything, it's a really good idea to :stfu

Otherwise you just end up looking like an :idiot and will eventually be :owned by a poster with some sort of sense.

Useruser666
04-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Bear with us Dr. Jim...Fans of the Kings, Wizards, Blazers & Spurs are used to taking two licks of their ice cream cone and having the rest of it fall to the ground....

Take a step back and notice how that cone looks like Kobe's nuts.

kskonn
04-06-2005, 01:11 PM

Yea because the spurs, are just like the Kings, Wizards, and Blazers. That is a horrible comparison.

baseline bum
04-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Kobe's overrated. DRob would have never let that crap happen. Odom and Butler isn't bad surrounding talent. Sure Chucky Atkins sucks, but it's not like Avery Johnson was a star.

Sportcamper
04-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Seperated At Birth
http://www.canalmgm.tv/docs/ficheros/200501100011_91_1_2.jpg Dennis Hopper “Hoosiers”

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/images/hamblen_bulls.jpg Frank Hamblen “Hosed”

Medvedenko
04-06-2005, 01:50 PM
I was trying to be diplomatic with my responses...but the majority of the posts from you "fans" are pretty childish and pedestrian...sad really...your hate and despise for the Lakers and Kobe seem to be a result of your own team's insecurities, or maybe your own lack of confidence. I guess I'm too busy being "owned" or "worked" that I fail to recognize the brilliance that I read here on a daily basis. This will probably be my last post.....it's that grim...

Useruser666
04-06-2005, 04:47 PM
I don't particularly hate the Lakers. I don't like Kobe at all. He is me first and that's not a player I can get behind. (no pun intended)

TDfan2007
04-06-2005, 08:06 PM
The Lakers are ok with me, I just hate Kobe's guts.

Matrix
04-07-2005, 01:18 AM
Her is my prediction from Nov 3rd:

11-03-2004, 10:04 PM #16
Jimcs50
Nostradamas Jr.

Position: Dominant Center
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $25
Re: Prediction: Western Conference Playoff Seeds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

West

1. Spurs
2. Wolves
3. Suns
4. Mavs
5. Grizzlies
6. Kings
7. Nuggets
8. Rockets

I am the only one in here that knew LA was shit w/o Shaq.

:smokin

Wow I didn't even pick the suns to be third, I think I picked them to finish
6-8, but you pretty much got all the teams in there except seattle nice job..

milkyway21
04-07-2005, 02:14 AM
The Lakers are ok with me, I just hate Kobe's guts...i said it before, i'll say it again, i don't hate Kobe, i think he respects the Spurs. Doesn't say anything bad about the team.

But, i hated the Lakers when ShaQ was still playing for them, i must admit that.

And LAKERGOD . If he doesn't posts teasers like this there won't be any debates and sarcasm on Lakers team at all.

Sportcamper
04-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Well, I guess you know that the Lakers' season is now over... They failed to make the playoffs... It turns out that Lakers fans are not the only ones disappointed... Seems like other teams were hoping to play them - now they'll have to play a good team!

Jay Leno...