PDA

View Full Version : Quotes by Laker fan proving Odom is worthless.

Cry Havoc
07-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Where would the Lakers stand if Odom were to Bolt?

People say Lamar is inconsistent but he's been very consistently at 15 points and 9 rebounds his entier career.

15 points and 9 rebounds over the last 10 years isn't consistent enough?

Lakers would be seriously hurting with Josh Powell backing up Bynum rather than Lamar.

But unlike many Laker fans, the Lakers' brass know Lamar's worth...he'll be re-signed and even overpaid if need be to keep this championship core together.

No one has the Lakers by the balls. Shaq thought he did, and wound his ass up in Miami. Kobe thought he did, and if Logo hadnt stepped in with Gasol, Kobe would have been traded as well.

Unlike the Spurs, and the Cavs, we have no issues of attracting FA's in the off season. Odom only has one suitor for his services, and that one team is a team he hates.

All this speculation is cool, but Odom is already a lock to be a Laker.

Assuming that we did not replace him, a contender still. Josh Powell would get major minutes, and show he is worthy of a backup role to Pau. Spurs fans saw this when we played them in SA. We would not be the favorites though.

no odom is a big blow to our versitility and depth. Just hope we can sign someone who can "kinda" replace his skills.

Odom close to signing:

Damn steal for 8 million. Anyone want to spin this about LO making Lakers worse?

Re-signing LO makes us unquestionably the favorites going into next year, barring more FA deals

Lakers won't win shit if they can't resign LO, oh they resigned LO, yeah he's not that good, he'll fuck up their chemistry.

I don't care how much they pay Odom as long as they sign him. I don't think Lamar will play any worse if he gets a lesser deal than his original asking price of 10 million. People would complain about his inconsistency but I still think he's better than Sheed or Dice at this point in his career. So long as the Lakers can match up well with Boston in the Finals from the Starting 5 all the way to the 6th man and the bench, I don't care what Lamar does the rest of the season.

A fine, cogent post.

Odum is a professional. His MO is set in stone. We know what we're getting into with him, and for the most part we've made our peace with that MO. He is what he is and we've cast our lot with him, and vice versa.

It's pretty clear Lamar will not be back. It's been two weeks and absolutely nothing, Lakers chose Bynum over Lamar, fucking idiots.

Lamar will be back, the Lakers don't have any other option.

The Lakers are over the cap and already used up the MLE on Artest and the BAE on Shannon Brown, they can't get anybody else.

If they don't re-sign Lamar, Hello Josh Powell! :lol

Lamar is a consumate professional. He's a man. If he signs that contract he knows that he'll appear at the behest of Jackson, whether it's off the bench or starting. If he has any objections those will be dealt with during the negotiating process and settled there.

Deal falling apart:

I think it would put the Lakers lower...if Odom goes..the Lakers would depend on Josh fucking Powell...

If the Lakers lose Odom..would this be one of the worst off seasons for the Lakers? Possibly losing another key player? I just don't see how the Lakers could recover not having Odom and Ariza...

And then there's this brilliant thread from The_Game:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3502179#post3502179

------

:lmao at Laker fan getting pissed at a player for negotiating like most other players in the league do instead of kissing the ass of their front office.

So just to be clear, you guys aren't backpedaling... at alllllllll. :lmao :lmao :lmao

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 09:55 AM
GO---Cry---GO!

Cry Havoc
07-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Odum is a professional. His MO is set in stone. We know what we're getting into with him, and for the most part we've made our peace with that MO. He is what he is and we've cast our lot with him, and vice versa.

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Lmcontrollinao!

Rogue
07-15-2009, 10:07 AM
These quotes from Lakers fans can only be treated as signs of Odom leaving LA, the fox has gotta consider acid the grape he can't get eating. Ariza and Luke altogether entirely occupied the SF position in the post Gasol-trade era, then Odom was just a full-time backup of Gasol only except when Bynum was sidelined. Despite the shrinked stats, Odom is still a very productive guy and he is more valuable than a MLE.

TheManFromAcme
07-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Though the pattern is disturbing, it's not like it's only the Lakers fan base that does this. I am willing to bet that the same dialogue transpired when SJax bolted out of S.A. after winning the LOB and if I am not mistaken Speedy Claxton. Wish I could find some of those old threads to substantiate this but I can't.

No worries mate. I am still confident that L.A. will do just as well with or without Lamar. So what if L.A. doesn't repeat. This team will contend for a while. The window doesn't close after 2010 especially if we don't repeat. Things always happen for a reason. If losing out on Lamar increases our chances down the road than so be it. No one can tell what the future holds. Nobody.

If not repeating increases our chances for more, than I am o.k. with it.
Kobe is fine. Pau is fine. Bynum is fine. I am not getting into the "look at their ages" argument. Non-factor for Health freaks like Kobe.

I am o.k. with it all.

samikeyp
07-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't think they would do as well without Lamar but Odom or no Odom, LA is still a favorite going into next year. FWIW, I think with Odom, they are still ahead of everyone else.

Phillip
07-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Sucks for the Lakers if they don't get him back.

But the Grizzlies will probably gift-wrap them Gay Love for Puke Walton.

Muser
07-15-2009, 10:32 AM
No worries, Lakers gonna get Gasol back from Memphis.

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 10:33 AM
No worries, Lakers gonna get Gasol back from Memphis.

That would be the goods.

TheMACHINE
07-15-2009, 11:09 AM
why is my quote there? Whats wrong with saying:

"no odom is a big blow to our versitility and depth. Just hope we can sign someone who can "kinda" replace his skills."

i guess im still missing the point of this thread

IronMexican
07-15-2009, 11:10 AM
What's the point of putting my name up there like I flip flopped on it? Losing Odom would hurt.

Cry Havoc
07-15-2009, 11:26 AM
What's the point of putting my name up there like I flip flopped on it? Losing Odom would hurt.

why is my quote there? Whats wrong with saying:

"no odom is a big blow to our versitility and depth. Just hope we can sign someone who can "kinda" replace his skills."

i guess im still missing the point of this thread

I'm not calling the realistic Lakers fans out. Just the insanely homerific ones that think losing Odom is a good thing. Your points are for contrast.

Culburn369
07-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks, Cry. I appreciate your capitulation sentiments, at least on my behalf.

iggypop123
07-15-2009, 12:53 PM
suckers im not on there

Banzai
07-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks for quoting me.:hat

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 01:14 PM

Because you are turning into a douche Laker "fan" all of the sudden.

La Peace
07-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Any Laker fan want to go to the Rasheed Wallace thread and pull quotes of how horrible McDyess is compared to Wallace? And pull quotes of Spur fans now?

No, I didn't think so. Classy.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 01:56 PM
What, he no longer meets your CLASSY Spur standards...:lol

Still stalking me I see. Why do you love me so much? I know I said that gay people do not bother me at all, but I myself am not gay. If you need to speak with someone about your own personal lifestyle, I will be there. Just as a friend though.

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Any Laker fan want to go to the Rasheed Wallace thread and pull quotes of how horrible McDyess is compared to Wallace? And pull quotes of Spur fans now?

No, I didn't think so. Classy.

I would love to see that.
Get all of the one's that were really anxious to sign Wallace and get the one's that are heavily hating on him for his comments.
Wouldn't be surprised if there were a few that were the same people. :lol

Spurs_210
07-15-2009, 02:09 PM
If any of the Spurs big 3 were to bolt there would be a melt down. Kicking Laker fans while they are down is worthless. It would only be funny if it were Mav fans.....

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 02:10 PM
I would love to see that.
Get all of the one's that were really anxious to sign Wallace and get the one's that are heavily hating on him for his comments.
Wouldn't be surprised if there were a few that were the same people. :lol

Exactly. Spurs fans would not cry and get butt hurt over the fact they are hypocrites. "But, but, but why did you put me in the thread :cry :cry"

UrAphag
07-15-2009, 02:24 PM
It would be a good thing if he left AND the Lakers signed someone for less money with about the same production.

Spurs_210
07-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I get your point, but Odom never gave us a big three, like the Spurs, Celtics, and other teams. This is why no one gives a shit if he leaves. Role players can be replaced... no biggie.
Yeah but he gave the Lakers something close to a big 3. He was the spark off the brench that Manu gives the Spurs. So I guess you could say no big 3 but what he brings is close to what Manu brings the Spurs. In all honesty I don't see him leaving LA or do I wish him to do so. I am a fan of basketball and the Spurs may be the team I root for, I still love the sport. I much rather see a classic battle between two teams...

DenDen
07-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Laker fans want odom to get loss, shoot us non laker fan feel the same way.

Allanon
07-15-2009, 03:29 PM
I have never back-pedaled on Lamar Joseph Odom.

He'll get paid and he'll be a Laker this year.

DrHouse
07-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Lamar is irreplaceable. If the Lakers lose him they will be a worse team next season.

It saddens me that his greed is getting in the way of common sense here.

mingus
07-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Lamar will sign w/ the Lakers if the Jazz don't match Millsap's contract. i think he's pretty much just waiting to see what happens there. if Utah matches, he's as good as gone to Portland, even if he takes a $1 million pay cut. i think he feels underappreciated in LA w/ all the big names, plus the fact that he was initially offered way less than what he's worth .

mingus
07-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Lamar is irreplaceable. If the Lakers lose him they will be a worse team next season.

It saddens me that his greed is getting in the way of common sense here.

Buss lowballed him at first, basically presuming Odom would accept much less than what he's worth, which was greed on his part as well. Buss approached him with an unreasonably low offer at first. he should have originally offered Odom the 9-10 million that he's worth instead of just assumming Odom would be ready and willing to take less .

poeticism707
07-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Lamar will sign w/ the Lakers if the Jazz don't match Millsap's contract. i think he's pretty much just waiting to see what happens there. if Utah matches, he's as good as gone to Portland, even if he takes a $1 million pay cut. i think he feels underappreciated in LA w/ all the big names, plus the fact that he was initially offered way less than what he's worth .

Agreed.

This is why the last offer was "taken off the table," because Buss no obviously knows that Utah will match Millsap, then Portland will make an offer to Odom.

Classic Buss trying to save some money with hardball tactics.

However, it might backfire this time. If Buss had stormed out of the gate with their current offer as their first one, then Odom may have signed immediately. But thinking there was no way another team could sign him, the Lakers thought they could low ball Odom. Now, however, they have obliged Odom to explore FA.

It's funny that Odom is being classified as "greedy," when in this new contract he'll make less than half what Bryant makes, and nothing close in endorsements.

If anyone could have taken a paycut and played for 17m or so, it was Bryant. But Bryant wants to MAKE ALL THE MONEY, and WIN ALL THE RINGS!

He'll be in for a hard lesson if Odom leaves LA. What's more, he would have already learned a hard lesson if Bynum hadn't taken 30 million less than he could have gotten (took 52 million total I believe), at least forcing the Lakers to match.

DrHouse
07-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Buss lowballed him at first, basically presuming Odom would accept much less than what he's worth, which was greed on his part as well. Buss approached him with an unreasonably low offer at first. he should have originally offered Odom the 9-10 million that he's worth instead of just assumming Odom would be ready and willing to take less .

You obviously don't know how business negotiations work.

mingus
07-15-2009, 04:48 PM
i don't think it's about the money at this point for odom ... he's surrounded by big names, is coming off the bench, and is underappreciated and disrespected (as indicated by the low initial offer by Buss).

brettn
07-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I get your point, but Odom never gave us a big three, like the Spurs, Celtics, and other teams. This is why no one gives a shit if he leaves. Role players can be replaced... no biggie.

I'm pretty sure plenty of Lakers fans give a shit if he leaves. So do NBA fans in general. It'll shift the balance of power at the top of the West considerably. Josh Powell and whatever forward the Lakers were to sign wouldn't be able to replace Lamar's production or the versatility he brings to the team.

Tacker
07-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Because you are turning into a douche Laker "fan" all of the sudden.

Gay people are fine, but I myself am not gay.

howbouthemspurs
07-15-2009, 05:03 PM
they would suck as usual

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Gay people are fine, but I myself am not gay.

What is that? I see you are plagiarizing again.