PDA

View Full Version : Underrated and overrated in each position

DenDen
07-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Bored at work, just wanna know what ya think? This is my list.
Underrated
pg Deron William
sg Kevin Martin
sf Andre Iguodala
pf Louis Scola
C Al Jefferson

overrated
Pg Jason Kidd
sg Agent Zero
sf Paul Pierce
pf David West
c Andrew Bynum

Muser
07-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Tayshaun Prince is underrated IMO, cba to do a full list.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Overrated:

PG Jose Calderon
SG Mo Williams (he's a SG he just doesn't know it)
SF Hedo Turkoglu
PF Kevin Garnett
C Dwight Howard

Underrated:

PG Goran Dragic
SG Manu Ginobili
SF Kevin Durant
PF Joakim Noah
C Kendrick Perkins

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Underrated
pg Deron William
sg Kevin Martin
sf Andre Iguodala
pf Louis Scola
C Al Jefferson

overrated
Pg Jason Kidd
sg Agent Zero
sf Paul Pierce
pf David West
c Andrew Bynum

Nice list, although I don't think Paul Pierce belongs there, nor David west. Kidd is old, but can still produce.
Not when people like Ron Artest, Amare Stoudemire and Allen Iverson are out there.

Here's my list.

Underrated

PG Chauncey Billups
SG Stephen Jackson
SF Caron Butler
PF Al Jefferson
C Kendrick Perkins

Overrated

PG Allen Iverson
SG Vince Carter
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Amare Stoudamire
C Erick Dampier

Leetonidas
07-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Underrated:

PG - Tony Parker
SG - Kevin Martin
SF - Caron Butler
PF - Luis Scola
C - Al Jefferson

Overrated:

PG: Gilbert Arenas
SG: Vince Carter
SF: Tracy McGrady
PF: David West
C: Shaquille O'Neal

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 03:44 PM
:lmao Tony Parker underrated

FireDavidStern
07-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Overrated
C - Shaq (he's what saves Andrew Bynum from this spot)
Pf - Elton Brand
Sf - Ron Artest (on this board its Bruce Bowen; i love Bruce but its true)
Sg - Ray Allen
Pg - Gilbert Arenas

Underrated
C - Andris Biedrins
Pf - Kevin Love
Sf - Luc Richard Mbah a Monte
Sg- Manu Ginobili
Pg- Tony Parker (only because the idiot Bill Simmons thinks hes only worth Randy Foye and the 5th pick)

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Overrated:

PG Jose Calderon
SG Mo Williams (he's a SG he just doesn't know it)
SF Hedo Turkoglu
PF Kevin Garnett
C Dwight Howard

Underrated:

PG Goran Dragic
SG Manu Ginobili
SF Kevin Durant
PF Joakim Noah
C Kendrick Perkins

So Howard getting the Magic to the finals makes him overated?
You got Howard overrated, yet you put Dragic as an underrated player?? Hell even I think Ginobili is overrated!

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Jefferson should be included in the conversation but not sure being the 4th scorer makes you overrated. :huh

Ghazi
07-15-2009, 03:48 PM
overrated:

PG: CPWhistle
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Pau Gasol
C: Tim Duncan

Underrated:

PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Andre Iguodala
SF: Caron Butler
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Emeka Okafor

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 03:49 PM
:lmao Tony Parker underrated

People have Paul, Nash, D. Williams, Kidd, Mo Williams and Roy ahead of Parker and he's the spurs best player!! How is he not underrated??
If you still think Duncan is our go to guy, then you obviously don't know what you're talking about. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 03:50 PM
You got Howard overrated, yet you put Dragic as an underrated player?? Hell even I think Ginobili is overrated!

I coulda gotten to the finals in the Leastern conference.

Muser
07-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Waiting for Spur fans to rip Ghazi a new asshole.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 03:51 PM

I coulda gotten to the finals in the Leastern conference. If KG is healthy, then Orlando loses in the 2nd round. Also, you're taking the Goran Dragic thing way too serious.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 03:51 PM
People have Paul, Nash, D. Williams, Kidd, Mo Williams and Roy ahead of Parker and he's the spurs best player!! How is he not underrated??
If you still think Duncan is our go to guy, then you obviously don't know what you're talking about. :lol

:lmao

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 03:52 PM
overrated:

Underrated:

You might have a few of them on the wrong side. XD
A mav fan actually putting Nowitzki as underrated, imagine that!! :lmao

I'll give you Okafor, but there's another word category that he belongs in.. And that's "BUST".

JamStone
07-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Underrated:
Tony Parker - almost absurd to call a Finals MVP underrated still, but I think he belongs up there with Chris Paul and Deron Williams in the discussion of best point guards in the league. Not a traditional PG, but still one of the most effective and efficient PGs in the league. His name should be right in the middle of the discussion of the top 3 or 4 PGs in the league every single time.
Stephen Jackson - not so much on these boards because Spurs fans know his value, but a great all around player who is tough and unafraid. As a Detroit fan, I should probably dislike him if not hate him, but I love the way he plays.
Travis Outlaw - I think he could be a quality starter on most teams and he's clutch. I think he even has star potential. Part of me thinks McMillan doesn't start him or play him as much to keep his price tag low so they can re-sign him long term. But, then again Pritchard's dumbass tried to sign Hedo so prolly not.
Al Horford - I think he's great and could be a borderline all star if he were featured more on a team.
Mehmet Okur - not always mentioned among the best centers in the league, but is probably somewhere in the top 6 to top 10 range of centers in the league. Granted, the center position is extremely weak in today's NBA. I still think he gets forgotten.

Overrated:
Mo Williams - probably underrated before last season, but now, overrated
Manu Ginobili - hard for me to say as he's one of my favorite players but some peopl try to argue that he's relatively close to the level of Kobe and Wade. I love how he plays, but I don't think he's close.
Paul Pierce - mostly by himself, but along with anyone else who thinks he's anywhere near the likes of LeBron and Kobe.
David Lee - He's barely worth $7-8 million per year, much less $10-12 million. I guess I should wait to see if he actually gets that much, but I still think he's way overrated. Great rebounder with good hustle, but doesn't give much more than that.
Chris Andersen - good energy player with a nice comeback story, but not the impact player some try to make him out to be. More of a sideshow act than a prime time player. He's capable of making spectacular plays and impact plays, but I think he gets a little too much hype for being a poor man's Ben Wallace (of a few years ago)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
And idk who the hell has ever ranked Mo Williams ahead of Parker or anyone who still ranks Nash ahead of Parker. The consensus is he's the 3rd best PG in the NBA, which is think is a joke. Stephon Marbury's bitch isn't the 3rd best PG in the NBA.

jb4g
IMO most overrated guy in the league is Bynum.

most underrated gotta be Grainger , kid is a f'n beast

spursfan09
overrated:

Underrated:

Aww man you crack me up.

DAF86
07-15-2009, 03:54 PM

WTF are you even a Spurs fan? do you watch the games?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Also :lol Karen Butler underrated

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 03:57 PM

You proved my point, thanks. :toast
Want me to post that video of Park breaking Barbosa's ankles?

b3Y38z_QC04

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 03:58 PM
You proved my point, thanks. :toast
Want me to post that video of Park breaking Barbosa's ankles?

You talk about breaking Barbosa down off the dribble like it's some extremely hard thing to do.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Should I post Stephon Marbury's average night when he's playing Tony Parker?

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 03:59 PM
WTF are you even a Spurs fan? do you watch the games?

I say that because of spurs fans. There are quite a few out there that would rather have him than Bryant..
I'm sorry, call me bias but I will not allow my homerism to blind me.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 04:01 PM
The Spurs must be one of the deepest, best teams of all time if they can lose their "best player" for 10 games and during that stretch go 7-3.

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 04:02 PM
The Spurs must be one of the deepest, best teams of all time if they can lose their "best player" for 10 games and during that stretch go 7-3.

George Hill. :downspin:
Anything else?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 04:02 PM
I say put him there because of spurs fans. There are quite a few out there that would rather have him than Bryant..

Of course among Spurs fans Manu is overrated, I put Manu on the list because when healthy he's one of the most efficient SG's in basketball, and his defense is VERY underrated.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 04:04 PM
George Hill. :downspin:
Anything else?

What's your point?

rayray2k8
07-15-2009, 04:08 PM
What's your point?

The hell? Are you serious? Who do you think ran the offense, Jacque Vaughn??? :lmao

Tully365
07-15-2009, 04:10 PM
A new category. Underrated by most fans, but overrated in terms of salary received:

Troy Murphy
Kirilenko
Dalembert
Okafor

betterthenyou
07-15-2009, 04:11 PM
overrated:

Underrated:

I have to say you are a obvious homer, Dirk is overrated bro, timmy, has won 4 championships you can't ever overrate a guy like that unless you say he is the best ever which i don't believe but he is a winner unlike dirk who can't even win with a team of all stars. I agree otherwise with what you said, just not the obvious hating on the spurs, but what can I say if you ain't got no haters(jealousy) you ain't doin it right.

Leetonidas
07-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Duncan is by far my favorite player but seriously, if you don't think Tony Parker is the main man on this team now, you don't know shit about Spurs ball. DoK I usually agree with you on a lot of subjects but this I have to disagree with. Yes, defensively, Tim Duncan is the Spurs anchor. But Tony Parker is the motor that makes the Spurs' offense go. And he doesn't get NEARLY the credit he deserves. All anyone says is that he is lucky because he plays with Timmy. Well, when Tim and Manu were out late in the season, Tony Parker put the team on his shoulders on dominated.

On a team like the Kings or other sub .500 teams, Tony could easily average 25 and 7.

Leetonidas
07-15-2009, 04:13 PM
BTW Dirk has an MVP award. No way he can be underrated.

Phillip
07-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Most of these lists are stupid. Jamstone and DOK are about the only people who has put any thought into his list with good reason to back them up, and not a bunch of emotion tied into their picks, unlike most people here. Although DOK is hating on Parker a little :lol.

j-money24
07-15-2009, 04:18 PM
UNDERRATED

PG- Deron Williams
SG- Ben Gordon
SF- Danny Granger
PF- AL Jefferson
C- Biedrins

OVERRATED
PG- Chris Paul
SG- Joe Johnson
SF- Paul Pierce
PF- Kevin Garnett
C- Andrew Bynum

Ghazi
07-15-2009, 04:24 PM
BTW Dirk has an MVP award. No way he can be underrated.

Rated properly by coaches/players

but not by fans.

Of course, most fans are stupid, so its understandable why the best PF in the world can be underrated despite his smorgas bord of accolades.

DAF86
07-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Overrated-

Mo Williams- he isn't an all-star.
McGrady- Lots of skills but one of the less effective players I have ever saw.
Artest- Big heart, small brain. Lot of strength, little talent.
West- a big man that only shoots jumpers and has two all-star games
Bynum- 'till now the GOAT of overrated players.

Underrated-

Deron Williams- It's a joke that he hasn't been to the all-star game.
Ginobili- most people look at his stats and think he's just another solid role player. When he is actually a star. His ability to make team mates better unfortunately doesn't translate into the stats sheet, fortunately it does translate into championships.
Butler- Borderline all-star that doesn't get hyped much.
Scola- He could easily become a borderline all-star if his team gets him the ball a bit more, specially in pick and roll plays.
Biedrinis- Before these last playoffs I'd have said Gortat

mavs>spurs2
07-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Overrated:

PG- Jameer Nelson
SG- Vince Carter
SF- Kirilenko
PF- Boozer
C- Duncan

Underrated:

PG- Rondo (bball is played on 2 ends and his defense is great)
SG- Wade (should have been MVP)
SF- Pierce (played Kobe and Lebron to a standstill allowing his team to outplay theirs to a championship)
PF- Dirk (bashing him became the cool thing to do, best PF in the league)
Millsap is another very underrated pf
C- Okafor

j-money24
07-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Overrated-

Mo Williams- he isn't an all-star.
McGrady- Lots of skills but one of the less effective players I have ever saw.
Artest- Big heart, small brain. Lot of strength, little talent.
West- a big man that only shoots jumpers and has two all-star games
Bynum- 'till now the GOAT of overrated players.

Underrated-

Deron Williams- It's a joke that he hasn't been to the all-star game.
Ginobili- most people look at his stats and think he's just another solid role player. When he is actually a star. His ability to make team mates better unfortunately doesn't translate into the stats sheet, fortunately it does translate into championships.
Butler- Borderline all-star that doesn't get hyped much.
Scola- He could easily become a borderline all-star if his team gets him the ball a bit more, specially in pick and roll plays.
Biedrinis- Before these last playoffs I'd have said Gortat

We both agree Deron Williams is the most underrated one out of all and Andrew Bynum the next so coming of Wilt is the most overrated one.

DAF86
07-15-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm surprised with some Spurs fans in here. I mean you more than any other fans in the league should know that scoring the most points doesn't make you the better player. Let's have a pick up game, I choose Duncan you choose Parker and let's see how the game goes.

DAF86
07-15-2009, 04:31 PM
I say that because of spurs fans. There are quite a few out there that would rather have him than Bryant..

I agree that he is overrated by some Spurs fans but he's underrated by 99% of the NBA fans.

Sigz
07-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Underrated:

Joe Johnson.

Very underrated btw...

Spursfan092120
07-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Hate thread.

Leetonidas
07-15-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm surprised with some Spurs fans in here. I mean you more than any other fans in the league should know that scoring the most points doesn't make you the better player. Let's have a pick up game, I choose Duncan you choose Parker and let's see how the game goes.

That's pretty retarded. Whoever got the ball to start off with would win. Tony would blow right by Tim but Tim would just dominate Tony in the paint. I don't necessarily think going 1-on-1 proves shit, due to the huge size difference.

And :lol @ all the Mav fans saying Dirk is underrated and Duncan is overrated. Is it like unanimous with you guys? I don't think 1 Spurs fan had Dirk as overrated yet.

DAF86
07-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Underrated:

Joe Johnson.

Very underrated btw...

I was this close to put him on my overrated list. I think he makes like 22 points on 20 shots per game, that's not good. He doesn't have the talent nor the leading ability to be the top guy of a team like he's considered to be.

Leetonidas
07-15-2009, 04:39 PM
I mean, surely you can't think Duncan is overrated after he put up 40 points on 1 leg in 2006 versus your team. What about the 40 he hung on the Suns in Game 1 last year?

I don't understand the hate. Seriously. I don't find Dirk to be overrated, so I can't see how any would find Duncan overrated.

mavs>spurs2
07-15-2009, 04:41 PM
It has nothing to do with Dirk. I don't have a secret agenda to prove, I'm not even really much a Dirk fan. I just started feeling bad for him after all the unwarranted hate/criticism. He still remains my least favorite of the old big 3 (Nash/Finley/Dirk)

j-money24
I agree that he is overrated by some Spurs fans but he's underrated by 99% of the NBA fans.

Every player gets overrated by their fans.
I see some laker fans think that Bynum would be better then Howard in a couple of years, they even had a poll about it at LG, and Bynum was slightly winning, also, some laker fans think Trevor Ariza will be an All-star.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Of course, most fans are stupid.

Did you post this as you were looking in the mirror?

DAF86
07-15-2009, 04:43 PM
That's pretty retarded. Whoever got the ball to start off with would win. Tony would blow right by Tim but Tim would just dominate Tony in the paint. I don't necessarily think going 1-on-1 proves shit, due to the huge size difference.

And :lol @ all the Mav fans saying Dirk is underrated and Duncan is overrated. Is it like unanimous with you guys? I don't think 1 Spurs fan had Dirk as overrated yet.

I thought pick up game meant other thing. Let me put it this way: Between these two I'd pick Duncan ten times out of ten as my franchise player to win the next season.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Although DOK is hating on Parker a little :lol.

Parker however is not on my list. I think he probably overrated but nothing compared to Mo Williams.

Ghazi
07-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Dont give me lip ya Nash hatin douche!

Spursfan092120
07-15-2009, 04:45 PM
overrated:

Underrated:

I know you're just trying to fire up Spurs fans, but this is retarded, Ghazi...One guy is a back to back MVP and still the leader of the Spurs, a team that is a contender every year. And there's no shittin way Dirk is underrated...the dude won the MVP Award...you can't be an MVP and be underrated..that's ignorant..but I come to expect ignorance from you.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Dont give me lip ya Nash hatin douche!

I do hate Nash. I hate Nash as much as Nash hates playing in the finals.

Leetonidas
07-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I thought pick up game meant other thing. Let me put it this way: Between these two I'd pick Duncan ten times out of ten as my franchise player to win the next season.

Alright, I understand what you mean. And while I think that Tim is a lot more valuable to the franchise, I still think on offense, Tony is the guy.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Parker is underrated for sure, but not from a basketball standpoint. He is underrated from a respect point of view. He gets little to no press and he is often forgotten when best pg talks arise.

The dude finished top 10 in MVP voting this year and has a finals MVP and DOK is still hating on him. What does that tell you? He can do no more to show how good he is. This is just the way of the world.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Tim is the most important player all around, but TP will do the heavy lifting on offense. TP is the offense. Tim plays a very important role on the offense, but you can see the transition from Tim's Spurs to Tony's Spurs.

Spurs_210
07-15-2009, 04:51 PM
I mean, surely you can't think Duncan is overrated after he put up 40 points on 1 leg in 2006 versus your team. What about the 40 he hung on the Suns in Game 1 last year?

I don't understand the hate. Seriously. I don't find Dirk to be overrated, so I can't see how any would find Duncan overrated.
Its not hate its envy that Dirk will never be Duncan. Duncan is a great all around player on both ends of the court. Dirk is a great shooter. I wouldn't call Duncan underrated cause his greatness is recongized except by Mav fans. Simply cause they are ignorant douches.

Duncan > Dirk (I'm sure most the board agrees)

Ghazi
07-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Like I said, Dirk is underrated by the FANS and even some talking heads. That he won an MVP isn't relevant.

On ESPN alone:
Dirk Nowitzki isn't a superstar -Stephen A Smith
Legler's insinuations that Dirk was the problem, in a Hornets series were Dirk played great.
Mashburn's insinuation that JET was the best Mavs players.

On these boards:
Manu/Parker > Dirk
Various 2nd tier players considered better than Dirk at various points: Melo, Boozer, Stoudamire, Nash, Pierce, etc
Dirk trade scenarios for Tyrus Thomas and Anthony Randolph
References to my man as a "vagina" or as a "choker" despite his incessant displays of mental/physical toughness and lifetime 25/10 playoff averages.

And then some...

All of this for a 4 time all-NBA 1st teamer, 9 time all-NBA player, 9 time all star, 1 time MVP, and 2006 NBA Champion and of course, the best PF in the universe.

To me this is a case of underrated, I've also seen in the past insinuations that Josh Howard is the best player on the Mavs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 04:55 PM
All of this for a 4 time all-NBA 1st teamer, 9 time all-NBA player, 9 time all star, 1 time MVP, and 2006 NBA Champion and of course, the best PF in the universe.

This shows that he's not underrated.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Its not hate its envy that Dirk will never be Duncan. Duncan is a great all around player on both ends of the court. Dirk is a great shooter. I wouldn't call Duncan underrated cause his greatness is recongized except by Mav fans. Simply cause they are ignorant douches.

Duncan > Dirk (I'm sure most the board agrees)

I am not saying that I agree that Duncan is overrated, but being better than a player does not mean you cannot be overrated.

Kobe is the best player in the game right now, but people compare him to Jordan, so he is overrated. Because although he is great, he is no where near the level people compare him to.

Just like the "clutch" label. He gets all the coaches/players saying Kobe this and that, but when you look at the stats, Kobe is not even close to the most "clutch" player statistically...

So you can be great and still be overrated imo.

DAF86
07-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Alright, I understand what you mean. And while I think that Tim is a lot more valuable to the franchise, I still think on offense, Tony is the guy.

Tony is the most capable scorer on the team right now. But scoring is just an aspect of basketball.

Hornets1
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Overrated:
PG: Kidd/Nash(to slow to handle the young pg's)
SG: Redd(one-trick pony)
SF: Turkoglu(cant believe he got that contract)
PF: Boozer
C: Bynum

Underrated:
PG- D-Will(easily the most underrated player in the league......easily)
SG- S-Jax(Dude can ball and has improved his attitude)
SF- A.I. 2.0(gets better every year as his game rounds out)
PF- Scola(he is a beast and a smart player who always seems to be in good position)
C- Oberto(same reasons as Scola)

Leetonidas
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Like I said, Dirk is underrated by the FANS and even some talking heads. That he won an MVP isn't relevant.

On ESPN alone:
Legler's insinuations that Dirk was the problem, in a Hornets series were Dirk played great.

On these boards:
Manu/Parker > Dirk
Various 2nd tier players considered better than Dirk at various points: Melo, Boozer, Stoudamire, Nash, Pierce, etc
References to my man as a "vagina" or as a "choker" despite his incessant displays of mental/physical toughness and lifetime 25/10 playoff averages.

And then some...

To me this is a case of underrated, I've also seen in the past insinuations that Josh Howard is the best player on the Mavs.

Most people here bash on Dirk as they have a good hatred for the Mavericks. It's a rivalry man. I'm sure most people don't HONESTLY believe that Tony/Manu > Dirk. That's just ridiculous. I believe Dirk is one of the best PFs of all time, but he's not on Duncan's level. Those are some nice stats man, but these are way better:

Two-time MVP (2002, 2003), four-time NBA champion (1999, 2003, 2005, 2007) and three-time NBA Finals MVP (1999, 2003, 2005), Rookie of the Year and elected into the All-NBA Rookie Team, made the first of 11 NBA All-Star Teams (1997–98 and 1999–2000 to 2008–09; ten First Team nominations), 12 All-NBA Teams (1997–98 to 2008–09; nine First Team nominations), and 12 All-Defensive Teams (1997–98 to 2008–09; eight First Team nominations).

Duncan is also one of only four players to receive All-NBA First Team honors in each of his first eight seasons (1998–2005), along with Hall of Famers Bob Pettit (ten seasons), Larry Bird (nine seasons), and Oscar Robertson (nine seasons), and is the only player in NBA history to receive All-NBA and All-Defensive honors in his first twelve seasons (1997–98 to 2008–09).

:smokin

And yes I took this from wiki.

Tacker
07-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Overrated Power Forward:

Tim Duncan

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 05:02 PM
This is not a debate on who is better. It is a debate on who is overrated. I was one of the ones trying to say that TP can be better than Dirk. It just depends on how much TP can improve.

I think if TP makes the strides he made last year and leads the team to a title, he is a lot closer to Dirk than Dirk is to Duncan.

Spurs_210
07-15-2009, 05:08 PM
I am not saying that I agree that Duncan is overrated, but being better than a player does not mean you cannot be overrated.

Kobe is the best player in the game right now, but people compare him to Jordan, so he is overrated. Because although he is great, he is no where near the level people compare him to.

Just like the "clutch" label. He gets all the coaches/players saying Kobe this and that, but when you look at the stats, Kobe is not even close to the most "clutch" player statistically...

So you can be great and still be overrated imo.
I didn't mean Duncan is overrated but he is not underrated. I was simply implying that Duncan is better than Dirk since Ghazi seems to think Dirk is better. I actually believe Dirk is underrated. Dirk with a strong post player would be a sick front court.

Spurs_210
07-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Overrated:

C- Gorat and Bynum (although he has shown he could be a top center still not proven imo)
PF- KG
SF- Melo
SG- T-Mac
PG- Mo Williams (not an all-star)

Underrated:

C- Perkins
PF- Gasol (guy has skill and yet is being called a scrub)
SF- Durant (kid is gonna be amazing)
SG- Manu
PG- Rando

redzero
07-15-2009, 05:25 PM
How is Chris Paul overrated, Ghazi? Is it because he's not on the Mavericks?

Spurs da champs
07-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Nice list, although I don't think Paul Pierce belongs there, nor David west. Kidd is old, but can still produce.
Not when people like Ron Artest, Amare Stoudemire and Allen Iverson are out there.

Here's my list.

Underrated

PG Chauncey Billups
SG Stephen Jackson
SF Caron Butler
PF Al Jefferson
C Kendrick Perkins

Overrated

PG Allen Iverson
SG Vince Carter
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Amare Stoudamire
C Erick Dampier

Are you kidding me? Melo is the most underrated play in the league.

Underrated:

PG Jameer Nelson
SG Brandon Roy
SF Melo
PF Lamarcus Aldridge
C Brook Lopez

Overrated:
PG CP3
SG Ben Gordon
SF Hedo
PF Amare
C Andrew Bynum.

Mark in Austin
07-15-2009, 05:42 PM
under:
Derek Fisher
Brandon Roy
Jack
Danny Granger
Al Jefferson

over:
Arenas
Ben Gordon
Marion
Rashard Lewis
Bynum

Ghazi
07-15-2009, 05:50 PM
How is Chris Paul overrated, Ghazi? Is it because he's not on the Mavericks?

Well he's considered a superstar and IDK about you but I dont consider guys superstars that let Jannero Pargo take 13 4th quarter shots in a pivotal game 7 then follow it up by shooting 40% and committing 5 turnovers a game and losing by 60 on home court. I dunno, those just aren't superstar like performances if you ask me.

A more unbiased angle is he got 1st team all NBA defense, so at the very least his defense is overrated :lol

sonic21
07-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Overrated:

PG Rondo
SG Mo Williams
SF Hedo
PF Amare
C Dwight Howard

Underrated:

PG Andre Miller
SG Manu Ginobili
SF Kevin Durant
PF Dirk
C Al Jefferson (pf but i wanted him on the list)

redzero
07-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Well he's considered a superstar and IDK about you but I dont consider guys superstars that let Dwyane Wade own his bitch ass four times straight then follow it up by shooting .38% while getting embarrassed by the eight seeded Golden State Warriors. I dunno, those just aren't superstar like performances if you ask me.

A more unbiased angle is he got MVP and lost in the first round, so that makes him overrated in and of itself.

Leetonidas
07-15-2009, 07:25 PM
^ :lmao

JustBlaze
07-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Underrated:

PG: Billups
SG: JR Smith
SF: Melo
PF: Birdman
C: Nene

Overrated:

PG: Lakers Bench
SG: Kobe
SF: LeBron
PF: K-Wart
C: "Wilt" Bynum

Honorable Mention - That POS David Stern.

Rogue
07-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Doesn't the overrated list contain that 7'6 piece of ****? personally I think that guy is the most overrated player ever.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Doesn't the overrated list contain that 7'6 piece of ****? personally I think that guy is the most overrated player ever.

Sons I can't believe he no one mentioned him.

TMTTRIO
07-15-2009, 09:50 PM
I've always thought Manu Ginobili has always been underrated in the league. Maybe not with those who are comparing him to Kobe, DWade, and Lebron but overall. Mainly all I've heard from other fans around the league is that the only reason he's any good is he's playing behind Tim and Tony and that he's coming off the bench to play against the other teams scrubs so of course he's going to score well. If he's that easy to replace we surely should've beaten the Mavs without him and gotten further into the playoffs. I've heard them even say he's not good enough to be a starter. I guess people have forgotten that less than two years ago he was carrying our team and clutch as can be when both Tim and Tony were out injured and was named to All-NBA team. If it's anything Manu accepting this 6MOY position for good on this team has hurt him as far as being recognized for anything.

LnGrrrR
07-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Underrated
pg Deron William
sg Kevin Martin
sf Andre Iguodala
pf Louis Scola
C Al Jefferson

overrated
Pg Jason Kidd
sg Agent Zero
sf Paul Pierce
pf David West
c Andrew Bynum

Eh, I don't think Pierce belongs there. He's rated about right, in the 2nd tier of stars right below the superduperstars.

I don't think West is too highly overrated, at least not to the point where I'd put him first. And is anyone rating Arenas highly right now?

I'll have to think about this for a moment before I put up my list...

Spurs_210
07-15-2009, 11:00 PM
I've always thought Manu Ginobili has always been underrated in the league. Maybe not with those who are comparing him to Kobe, DWade, and Lebron but overall. Mainly all I've heard from other fans around the league is that the only reason he's any good is he's playing behind Tim and Tony and that he's coming off the bench to play against the other teams scrubs so of course he's going to score well. If he's that easy to replace we surely should've beaten the Mavs without him and gotten further into the playoffs. I've heard them even say he's not good enough to be a starter. I guess people have forgotten that less than two years ago he was carrying our team and clutch as can be when both Tim and Tony were out injured and was named to All-NBA team. If it's anything Manu accepting this 6MOY position for good on this team has hurt him as far as being recognized for anything.

I agree with this. He is not on the level of Kobe but he is not a scrub. A lot of Spur fans were calling for him to be traded before the RJ trade. Not many realize you can't replace someone like him. He's a great all around player who gives his all even when he is having a bad game. He is the Spurs x-factor and its sad to see so many ridding him off as injury phrone and done. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he comes back with a solid year this year.

scottspurs
07-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Underrated:
pg-Devin Harris
sg-Joe Johnson
sf-Danny Granger
pf-Tim Duncan
c-Al Jefferson

Overrated:
pg-Mike Bibby
sg-Ray Allen
sf-Shane Battier
pf-Lamar Odom
c-Dwight Howard

redzero
07-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Underrated:
pg-Devin Harris
sg-Joe Johnson
sf-Danny Granger
pf-Tim Duncan
c-Al Jefferson

Overrated:
pg-Mike Bibby
sg-Ray Allen
sf-Shane Battier
pf-Lamar Odom
c-Dwight Howard

Tim Duncan is underrated? Really?

Ghazi, where are you? Judging from your requirements, Dirk should be overrated not underrated.

timtonymanu
07-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Overrated:
PG - Mo Williams
SG - Vince Carter
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - David West
C - Yao Ming

Underrated:
PG - Deron Williams (Mo made the all-star team before him. Disgrace!)
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Danny Granger
PF - Al Jefferson
C - Kendrick Perkins

Biggems
07-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Underrated
PG - Devin Harris
SG - Kevin Martin
SF - Jeff Green
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C - Al Jefferson

Overrated
PG - Sebastian Telfair
SG - Mickael Pietris
SF - Boris Diaw
PF - Amare Stoudamire
C - Greg Oden (honorable mention to Andrew Bynum)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Overrated:
pg-Mike Bibby
sg-Ray Allen
sf-Shane Battier
pf-Lamar Odom
c-Dwight Howard

:wow

bostonguy
07-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Underrated:
pg-Rondo
sg-Ray Allen
sf-Paul Pierce
pf-Kevin Garnett (clutch and a natural leader)
c-Kendrick Perkins

Overrated:
pg-Tony Parker
sg-kobe bryant
sf-Artest
pf-Gasol
c-Tim Duncan

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-16-2009, 12:42 AM
pf-Kevin Garnett (clutch

FkLA
07-16-2009, 12:45 AM
And then some...

lul at the 2006 championship, how was the parade bro?

I also find it funny that u clown on Paul for supposedly letting his team lose to the Nuggets and how a superstar player doesnt let that happen...yet Dirk let his team choke a 2-0 lead and a 10+ point lead heading into the 4th quarter of Game 3 in the Finals? Than followed that up with a first round exit to an 8th seed, I dont know if a real MVP lets that happen. Dirk can play but he is neither underrated nor is he the best PF in the game. He's a TOP 10 player maybe, but thats it.

Here's my list:
Underrated
PG-Harris
SG-Roy
SF-Granger
PF-Lopez
C-Harrington

Overrated
PG-Mo Williams
SG-VC
SF-Artest
PF-Boozer
C-Bynum

scottspurs
07-16-2009, 01:34 AM
Tim Duncan is underrated? Really?

Ghazi, where are you? Judging from your requirements, Dirk should be overrated not underrated.

Yes, Tim Duncan is underrated. He is one of the three greatest basketball players of all time and he doesn't get enough props. People forget about Tim Duncan. He is great, but people only talk about him like he is only good not great.

Ghazi
07-16-2009, 01:42 AM
lul at the 2006 championship, how was the parade bro?

I also find it funny that u clown on Paul for supposedly letting his team lose to the Nuggets and how a superstar player doesnt let that happen...yet Dirk let his team choke a 2-0 lead and a 10+ point lead heading into the 4th quarter of Game 3 in the Finals? Than followed that up with a first round exit to an 8th seed, I dont know if a real MVP lets that happen. Dirk can play but he is neither underrated nor is he the best PF in the game. He's a TOP 10 player maybe, but thats it.

Here's my list:
Underrated
PG-Harris
SG-Roy
SF-Granger
PF-Lopez
C-Harrington

Overrated
PG-Mo Williams
SG-VC
SF-Artest
PF-Boozer
C-Bynum

Dirk gets a free pass for the Finals because it was 8 on 5 instead of actual basketball, and everyone objective knows it

GS series was just an anomaly and besides, GS wasn't "actually" an 8th seed. It was more or less like losing to a 6th seed, something which Tim Duncan has done as well :lol

redzero
07-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Dirk gets a free pass for the Finals because it was 8 on 5 instead of actual basketball, and everyone objective knows it

GS series was just an anomaly and besides, GS wasn't "actually" an 8th seed. It was more or less like losing to a 6th seed, something which Tim Duncan has done as well :lol

The double standards make you a joke account.

GSH
07-16-2009, 02:22 AM
Underrated:

PG - Jose Calderon
SG - Manu
SF - Danny Granger (the most underrated player in the league, in my opinion)
PF - Scola
C - Nene

A few weeks ago, I would have put Richard Jefferson on the underrated list - but now everyone will just say it's because he's on the Spurs. If John Salmons can turn in another season like this last one, he definitely belongs on the underrated list - same with Kelenna Azabuike.

Overrated - how about based on salary?

PG - Gilbert Arenas ($16M)
SG - Michael Redd ($17M)
SF - Tracy McGrady ($23M)
PF - Jermaine O'neal (23M)
C - Eric Dampier/Andrew Bogut ($10M ea)

How would you like a starting lineup of Arenas, Redd, McGrady, O'neal, and Bogut - for the low, low price of just $79 Million? Three little guys who would fight each other for the ball, and jack up shots constantly - and two big guys who wouldn't get the rebounds.

Killakobe81
07-16-2009, 07:51 AM
IU find it funny that people on here put bynum as overrated overpaid to this point MOST definitely ...but what he is a young big man with promise no one has proclaimed him the next Kareem EXCEPT over-anxious Laker fans. Overrated by knowledgable folks doubt that ...

carrao45
07-16-2009, 07:54 AM

On ESPN alone:

On these boards:
Manu/Parker > Dirk

And then some...

Melo is better than Dirk

carrao45
07-16-2009, 07:59 AM
This is stupid.

Once people start to say a player is underrated, that player ceases to be underrated.
Once people start to say a player is overrated, that player ceases to be overrated

Killakobe81
07-16-2009, 08:45 AM
My list ...Overrated

PG Mo williams (great streak shooter but not an all-star)
SG Wade (great player but hype after FINALS and last year was overboard he is not yet on Kobe's level getting there though)
SF Pierce (Great FINALS had many including himself overrate him top 15 in NBA most def and clutch... but not top 5 or 10)
PF DWest (undersized skillbut not an All-star_
C Oden (thought comparisons to David and Ewing were overboard even BEFORE he got hurt)

Ghazi
07-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Melo is better than Dirk

No he isn't Statistically unjustifiable, unjustifiable if we weigh accolades, Melo is just not that good. It's purely hype based.

Melo is not better than Dirk.

Spurs_210
07-16-2009, 01:05 PM

Do you actually believe the bullshit you post? I mean seriously you must be mentally slow cause its way out there.

rjv
07-16-2009, 01:34 PM
overrated:

point guard: chauncey billups
shooting guard: tracy mcgrady
small forward: shawn marion
power forward: carlos boozer
center: andrew bynum

underrated:

point guard: rajan rondo
shooting guard: manu
small forward: kevin durant
power forward: luis scola
center: al jefferson

Ghazi
07-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Do you actually believe the bullshit you post? I mean seriously you must be mentally slow cause its way out there.

Yeap. Because of the refs, people remember Dirk's missed free throw instead of Dirk's clutch plays in Game 5. Because of the refs and the refs only.

AS for Golden State... Pietrus/Richardson/Davis/Jackson... Ellis/Biedrins... that's not 8th seeded talent, they finished the season scorching hot too when healthy. Definitely better than the Lakers or Nuggets were that year IMO.

rjv
07-16-2009, 01:39 PM
4 championship trophies and 3 finals MVP trophies versus 2 massive choke jobs in the playoffs and somehow mav's fan tries to say dirk is underrated and tim is overrated ?

now that is funny.

FkLA
07-16-2009, 02:16 PM

Yea Im sure the refs were covering the Mavs players eyes when they were missing FT after FT, and couldve put the series away if they simply made them...your bitch ass team choked. End of story. As for GS, they were an 8th seed...a good 8th seed but an 8th seed nontheless. They got beat pretty easily by the Jazz the next series and havent done anything since they beat the Mavs.

Also I find it real funny how u bring up all sorts of excuses, u know if Spurs fans were as much of a bitch as u are...we could easily pull out the injury excuse this past yr. You know a guy called Manu was out for the series and another guy by the name of Tim Duncan, who is better than your beloved Dirk will ever be, was hurting. By your logic thats the only reason your fa.ggot ass Mavs won.

Hornets1
07-16-2009, 03:53 PM
overrated:

point guard: chauncey billups
shooting guard: tracy mcgrady
small forward: shawn marion
power forward: carlos boozer
center: andrew bynum

underrated:

point guard: rajan rondo
shooting guard: manu
small forward: kevin durant
power forward: luis scola
center: al jefferson

You really think chauncey is overrated? I think he is underrated if anything

Ghazi
07-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Yea Im sure the refs were covering the Mavs players eyes when they were missing FT after FT, and couldve put the series away if they simply made them...your bitch ass team choked. End of story. As for GS, they were an 8th seed...a good 8th seed but an 8th seed nontheless. They got beat pretty easily by the Jazz the next series and havent done anything since they beat the Mavs.

Also I find it real funny how u bring up all sorts of excuses, u know if Spurs fans were as much of a bitch as u are...we could easily pull out the injury excuse this past yr. You know a guy called Manu was out for the series and another guy by the name of Tim Duncan, who is better than your beloved Dirk will ever be, was hurting. By your logic thats the only reason your fa.ggot ass Mavs won.

Shaq set a record for historically bad FT shooting that series.

So it wasn't FT shooting that was the issue for the Mavs, it was the refs and refs only.

Everyone but Spurs fans and xenophobic Mavs haters know it.

redzero
07-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Ghazi, you are pathetic. I could make excuses about Chris Paul, but that would be pointless--because you obviously don't care. You just have some unexplainable hatred for the Hornets, and every player on the team.

Spurs_210
07-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Yeap. Because of the refs, people remember Dirk's missed free throw instead of Dirk's clutch plays in Game 5. Because of the refs and the refs only.

AS for Golden State... Pietrus/Richardson/Davis/Jackson... Ellis/Biedrins... that's not 8th seeded talent, they finished the season scorching hot too when healthy. Definitely better than the Lakers or Nuggets were that year IMO.

Ok if that helps you sleep at night....

underdawg
07-16-2009, 07:31 PM

and the mavs have not sniffed the finals since because...

werewolf
07-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Dirk is underrated by the fans. Not his peers. Someone on here said that Melo is better. Maybe someday but not now. In fact, I would still take Dirk over Melo because of his work ethic and character (well, except with women :wow).

Duncan can't be overrated. I think he has done enough to prove himself. Besides stats, he brings intangibles that you can't put a rating on, such as leadership.

Parker is underrated. He should be mentioned as being one of the top 3 point guards. He seems to be an after thought to most "sports" writers.
Much like Dirk and that's a shame. Maybe if he and Dirk got a few more tattoos and dunked more they would get the respect they deserve.:worthy:

Spurs_210
07-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Dirk is underrated by the fans. Not his peers. Someone on here said that Melo is better. Maybe someday but not now. In fact, I would still take Dirk over Melo because of his work ethic and character (well, except with women :wow).

Duncan can't be overrated. I think he has done enough to prove himself. Besides stats, he brings intangibles that you can't put a rating on, such as leadership.

Parker is underrated. He should be mentioned as being one of the top 3 point guards. He seems to be an after thought to most "sports" writers.
Much like Dirk and that's a shame. Maybe if he and Dirk got a few more tattoos and dunked more they would get the respect they deserve.:worthy:
+1

Finally a Mav fan who is not a complete homer

Ghazi
07-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Well I can agree Parker is somewhat underrated. Although I think many consider him the 3rd best PG in the game, or at the very least top 5.

But I think he should be in the D Will/Paul class. I know for a fact he's better than Paul, on account of the fact that Parker wouldn't let Pargo take 13 4th quarter shots in a Game 7, nor would Parker quit on his home crowd and lose by 60 points.

cobbler
07-16-2009, 10:24 PM
I'd take Parker over CP3 anyday. I'd take Dwill over both of them in a heartbeat as well.

redzero
07-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Well I can agree Parker is somewhat underrated. Although I think many consider him the 3rd best PG in the game, or at the very least top 5.

But I think he should be in the D Will/Paul class. I know for a fact he's better than Paul, on account of the fact that Parker wouldn't let Pargo take 13 4th quarter shots in a Game 7, nor would Parker quit on his home crowd and lose by 60 points.

How do two games make Tony Parker better than Chris Paul? God, you are fucking stupid. Parker and Williams are not better than Chris Paul, and if you want to use a few games/series against a players entire career, then Dirk is overrated as well. Period.

The Third Man
07-17-2009, 07:37 AM

Do everybody a favor and shoot yourself in the face. You are a fucking idiot. I say this with all due respect, of course.

Spurs_210
07-17-2009, 08:05 AM
How do two games make Tony Parker better than Chris Paul? God, you are fucking stupid. Parker and Williams are not better than Chris Paul, and if you want to use a few games/series against a players entire career, then Dirk is overrated as well. Period.
3 time champion and finals mvp.... Now what has CP3 in his entire career done better? CP3 is an amazing player but as a person I don't like him. He is a whiney little bitch like Steve Nash but that makes my opinion alittle biased

spursfan1000
07-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Overrated

PG:Rajon Rondo
SG:Jason Richardson
SF:Shawn Marion
PF:Josh Smith (espeasilly on defense)
C:Andrew Bynum/Dj Mebenga

Underrated

PG:Deron Williams
SG:Caron Butler
SF:Tayshaun Prince
PF:Antonio Mcdyess
C:Marc Gasol

mavsluva
07-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Not sure about over and underrated. But overpaid.....ALL OF THEM.

spursfan1000
07-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Not sure about over and underrated. But overpaid.....ALL OF THEM.

LOL good 1 :lol

redzero
07-19-2009, 08:23 AM
3 time champion and finals mvp....

I don't know, but maybe having Tim fucking Duncan, Manu Ginobili and the other Spurs players had something to do with it. Just a guess.

Now what has CP3 in his entire career done better?

He's only put up stats never before seen from a point guard in his few short years in the NBA.

CP3 is an amazing player but as a person I don't like him. He is a whiney little bitch like Steve Nash but that makes my opinion alittle biased

Ya think? Chris Paul is not overrated at all, and anybody who claims that he is, is wrong.

DxB
07-19-2009, 09:18 AM

Dude Ghazi's posts fucking insult my intelligence, as im sure they do for most of us here... I wudn't get worry too much about it, he DOES support the weakest choking ass team around!

Spurs_210
07-19-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't know, but maybe having Tim fucking Duncan, Manu Ginobili and the other Spurs players had something to do with it. Just a guess.
Doesn't change the fact that he has those awards and Chris Paul doesn't. You said what has Tony Parker done that Chris Paul hasn't and I answered your question.

BTW finals MVP isn't an award given based off what your teammates did ;)

He's only put up stats never before seen from a point guard in his few short years in the NBA. Once again yes he is amazing but doesn't change that he has not accomplished anything close to what to TP i.e. no chip or finals MVP award

Ya think? Chris Paul is not overrated at all, and anybody who claims that he is, is wrong.
I did I say so? I never said that TP9 is better but saying he hasn't done anything in his career compared to what CP3 has done is wrong. Career wise TP9 is better as he has accomplished more, talent wise CP3 is.

dirk4mvp
07-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Overrated

C Erick Dampier

Who the fuck overrates Dampier?

Phillip
07-19-2009, 12:13 PM
C:Marc Gasol

:tu

he's a very solid player. not as naturally talented as Pau, but isn't soft like Pau either. much more aggressive.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-19-2009, 12:15 PM
lol Phillip

Phillip
07-19-2009, 12:24 PM
lol suns

WildcardManu
07-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Who the fuck overrates Dampier?

:lol that made my day.

Spurs da champs
07-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Damn forgot about Andre Igoudala defiantly underrated.

redzero
07-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Doesn't change the fact that he has those awards and Chris Paul doesn't. You said what has Tony Parker done that Chris Paul hasn't and I answered your question.

BTW finals MVP isn't an award given based off what your teammates did ;)

Your point? I guess Robert Horry is the one of the top five players of all time, since he has seven championships. Also, I didn't ask what Tony Parker did. I asked Ghazi how Parker is better than Paul.

Once again yes he is amazing but doesn't change that he has not accomplished anything close to what to TP i.e. no chip or finals MVP award

Being more accomplished =/= being better.

I did I say so? I never said that TP9 is better but saying he hasn't done anything in his career compared to what CP3 has done is wrong. Career wise TP9 is better as he has accomplished more, talent wise CP3 is.

He accomplished more because he had far better teammates, obviously, so your posts are pointless.

On a side note, he got Finals MVP playing against the Cleveland Cavaliers guards--nobody basically.

Henke
07-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Underrated:

PG-Andre Miller
SG-Caron Butler
SF-Gerald Wallace
PF-Luis Scola
C-Emeka Okafor

Overrated:

PG-Jameer Nelson(easily the most overrated player in NBA)
SG-Jason Richardson
SF-Ron Artest
PF-David West
C-Andrew Bynum(difficult choice)

Sdayi135
07-20-2009, 03:49 AM
Overrated:

PG - Billups
SG - Roy
SF - Granger (I'll also include Durant)
PF - Al Jefferson (LaMarcus Alridge as well)
C - Marc Gasol

Overrated (this was tough because there too many for me to choose so i'm putting multiple players per position):
PG - CP3/JKidd
SG -Vince Carter (and it's not even close)
SF - Carmelo Anthony/Ron Artest/Shawn Marion
PF - Carlos Boozer/Amare Stoudamire
C - Andrew Bynum

There are may more I can put for overrated but this is what I can come up with for nowe

DAF86
07-20-2009, 03:52 AM
There are may more I can put for overrated but this is what I can come up with for nowe

You already put 16 and you have more?

redzero
07-20-2009, 03:54 AM
Overrated:

PG - Billups
SG - Roy
SF - Granger (I'll also include Durant)
PF - Al Jefferson (LaMarcus Alridge as well)
C - Marc Gasol

Overrated (this was tough because there too many for me to choose so i'm putting multiple players per position):
PG - CP3/JKidd
SG -Vince Carter (and it's not even close)
SF - Carmelo Anthony/Ron Artest/Shawn Marion
PF - Carlos Boozer/Amare Stoudamire
C - Andrew Bynum

How is Chris Paul overrated?

Nobody has given me an answer yet.

sonic21
07-20-2009, 05:40 AM
CP3 is not overrated.

He's a horrible defender though, so maybe his defense is.

Muser
07-20-2009, 06:09 AM
How is Chris Paul overrated?

Nobody has given me an answer yet.

Because he got into the all nba defensive first team.

redzero
07-20-2009, 06:11 AM
Because he got into the all nba defensive first team.

And? That's one time, and he didn't even get first team in All NBA.

tso & lo Cavfanatic
07-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Underrated:
PG: Andre Miller
SG: Michael Pietrus
SF: Gerald Wallace
PF: Hakim Warrick
C: Chris Kaman

Overrated:
SG: Ray Allen
SF: Josh Howard
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Andrew Bynum

sook
07-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Underrated:
PG: Andre Miller
SG: Michael Pietrus
SF: Gerald Wallace
PF: Hakim Warrick
C: Chris Kaman

Overrated:
SG: Ray Allen
SF: Josh Howard
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Andrew Bynum

Where do you get off calling Ray Allen overrated?!?!?

wtf is wrong with you!

tso & lo Cavfanatic
07-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Where do you get off calling Ray Allen overrated?!?!?

wtf is wrong with you!
$19,776,860 are so so so much for a player with 13.4 ppg, 34,4% fg%, 19% 3p% and 2,14 turnovers per game in the conf finals!